Speaker 1: Injuries for today.
Speaker 2: Huff Risk won't practice, flant again, fouls calf won't practice, Jake Moody right ankle won't practice, Jordan Elliott knee won't practice, Tarvarius Ward knee will be limited, Conley oblique limited, Kittle ribs limited, Fred Warner ankle limited, Gyre ankle limited.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 3: Diagnosis.
Speaker 2: Um tore some ligaments in his wrist. Yeah, it would be at least a month, probably longer. We haven't could be. We haven't decided whether do it or not. Though get hurt during the game, had a bruise on his knee.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you guys have to say whether they're questionable today because it's Friday, or.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. That's someone messed up with just Ron bergendi this thing.
Speaker 5: So a lot of people make a lot about McDonald's defense and what happened last year on Christmas. What can you tell us about McDonald's scheme and and what makes it special?
Speaker 2: I mean, does a real good job mixing all the schemes up fronts coverages as players play real hard, their coach well, their techniques are good, good tacklers, and they mix up the looks.
Speaker 4: Different between that Seahawks squad and a Pete Carroll Seahawks squad.
Speaker 2: I mean the schemes have changed. They run different schemes.
Speaker 6: Like you know, Smith is throwing the ball probably, I think maybe more than some people.
Speaker 3: He's throwing it more than any quarterback in the UNFUS.
Speaker 2: So how is he doing and how much.
Speaker 5: Of their offense maybe calls it more around him than their running game.
Speaker 2: Uh, it's so early, so you never know, but they definitely started out that way. I think Gino's doing a hell of a job. He's got three big weapons in the past game, including his tight ends. Also, his running back is as good as it gets also, so uh, they got some talent over there, and they can stretch the field and Gino can get hot.
Speaker 4: Do you have a reaction to Robert Solid's dismiss a lot of you guys changed texts?
Speaker 2: Then I have a yet, just because of how backed up we've been. I might send him a text, but I haven't got to talk to him. And yeah, I was pretty shocked. You know, that stuff throws you off. Especially I think they're competing for first in the division this week, and I think they're up there on defense and got a pretty good team and a chance to have a hell of a year. So that was pretty surprising.
Speaker 3: What has Malleton's job done well so far and how has he been in the sort of communication aspect of his job.
Speaker 2: I think communication is one of the hardest things, especially for a young guy coming in. I think he's been getting better at that the more he's been out there. I think, you know, just as lack of not has. I think I saw that a little in preseason, just with some of the hits he had, especially he saw a couple in that Tennessee game from what I remember, and when he's coming he's done the same stuff. I think he gets faster each week, just recognizing things and not breaking down and trying to run through his tackles.
Speaker 3: You have the same volume of plays and the same size of a playbook on a Thursday game as you do for a Sunday game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd say the same size.
Speaker 2: You don't try to put it in as much new stuff for things that take a while to get down.
Speaker 1: You know, sometimes we overwhelm.
Speaker 2: Guys on Wednesday, but you can repeat it on a Thursday and Friday and come back to it and eventually it sticks. So you try not to do that with new stuff, but volume wise is much different.
Speaker 6: Kay, I do no harm approach to special teams, which can be read as like, well, why would you want to make it as great as possible and make a difference? Is that an accurate reading and kind of what is your philosophy? As far as I guess we want referring to it, sometimes you said, you know, we don't want them to screw it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I always had the right words for that, But what I'm trying to say is you'd like to build a team to where you don't feel you have to return a kick a punt or have a fake kick or a fake punt, or you don't have to rely on something like that to get a win. I like to feel that you feel like you can do it between the offensive defense of just beating someone. And I think in this league one of the best ways to win games is to not lose a game.
Speaker 1: To not find a way to lose it.
Speaker 2: I mean a lot of games are given away, and when it comes to special teams with amount of touchbacks there are and stuff just extra points, getting a punt off, those are opportunities to lose it with any of those are blocked. There's only so many special teams plays that go into a game, and so you don't want to be overly risky on trying to win it there when you're only going to have ten to fifteen plays. You take out all the touchbacks and stuff. It's even less than that, So you don't want to go out of your way to to be risky to try to get your stuff there. You'd rather do it with people who are out there for seventy straight plays.
Speaker 1: This would be a galvanizing moment for your team.
Speaker 3: I understand it's really early, but you have a short week at Seattle and then kind of that mini buy to just get yourselves right before the two home games before the buyers.
Speaker 2: Like where you're at the schedule, Yeah, and I mean so many situations. I mean, losing our last two divisional games, haven't won this week's huge. Playing against Seattle is always huge. Going up, there's always huge, and then always in the NFL. It's it's tough to get ready for a Thursday night game, but I think everyone enjoys them because.
Speaker 1: There's very rare.
Speaker 2: It's very rare that you get to sit back and kind of enjoy that for three days and watch the rest of the league, and there are a lot more fun when you win, and when you get to sit back and be pissed off for three days, it's not nearly as much fun.
Speaker 4: It's like we've asked these questions with you know, Robert and with Tamiko early in their ten years as defensive coordinator. But with did is it kind of a similar thing, just kind of figuring things out? And you know, how would you evaluate just the early part of his tenure as deep asive coordinator.
Speaker 1: I think Nick's doing a real good job.
Speaker 2: Then pressed with him since the beginning each week, U like how he handles the defensive staff, like how they set up the practices, and I've liked his game plans and I liked how he's called it. So I've been real happy with Nick so far.
Speaker 5: Got the red zone? Is it, you know, creating space in the red zone? Is it more about your personnel or is it play design?
Speaker 3: Is it quickness?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 5: What's the key to get in that space in that tight area?
Speaker 1: Everything?
Speaker 2: I wish I could give you guys a theme for the red zone. But you know, you get three tries when you're inside the ten and depending on what you do when we run the ball there. I think we need to be much more effective running it. You know, when you run run the ball twice, you'd like to get in and not just put one pressure third down on the the past game. And when you do throw it more then you got to make sure you come through with those, especially not having a negative play with those. So running the ball better takes a lot of pressure off. Also give some better passing looks. We've tried both and haven't been good enough with both though, So it's all aspects of offense.
Speaker 1: A couple of really productive games against Seattle last year. How would you, I guess assess how he's performing specifically as a receiver. I think Deepo is doing a good job.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think you know, he had his best game, you know, at least statistically, right before he got hurt. You know, missed a week and a half and thought it was tough for him to come back for the New England game, but we were he was able to get out there and play, and I think it involved a ton last week. But it's usually a matter of time with that stuff. That stuff comes full circle and Depo's too good to not eventually have a big one.
Speaker 4: Do you have a timeline on Moody is I are a possibility?
Speaker 1: It's high ankle sprain.
Speaker 2: So usually with those, I usually say about a month. Sometimes they can surprise you and go quicker, sometimes they can go longer. So we're not exactly sure yet.
Speaker 1: So ir is an option.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, just with the how quick this happened, having Hugh in that situation where we got to decide Moony could be a possible decision. We have a number of guys already on it, so we're just trying to weigh in all that stuff. Talked a lot.
Speaker 3: About Rock's ability to create with his feet and scramble and by time, the fact that he's doing it so much mean that you need to be doing a better job on offense to get the ball out of his hand.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. I mean it goes both ways. It's you know, most of the ones that we're doing that are deeper plays.
Speaker 1: In the deeper plays and they.
Speaker 2: Get deep people and it's a three man rush that usually cover your checkdowns. Plays we've been pretty effective with and when they don't do it, and I think that's where you see us hit some big crossers, so but they have There's times that you want to get rid of it quick, but people got to be open quick too, which usually has to do with blitzers. If people blitz and you get rid of it quick, you will get rid of it quick you have to. But when they don't. There's sometimes your checkdowns are covered, and when your checkdowns are covered, I'm glad we have another option.
Speaker 1: All right, guess thanks, they