Speaker 1: Wind Down with Janet Kramer and I'm Heeart Radio podcast.
Speaker 2: Oh, Catherine, I'm excited for today's episode. You know, I was driving and there was something that came up for me and I was I wanted to just frame the question to you, what is something in your day that you are not prioritizing that you know you need to prioritize.
Speaker 1: Oh, I could come up with a couple of things, let's hear them. Okay, Obviously working out he was doing so good for so long. But what you want to do well, I mean I want to want to.
Speaker 3: I want you to want to do I want.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent that's I need the I want the watch to do that. No, but for sure, definitely I haven't been doing my Bible study in the morning. That is definitely one that I could do better at.
Speaker 3: What else that's really it? I think?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Mostly what about you?
Speaker 2: I'm just curious on the working out thing though, too, because you did do you were doing you were doing pans Dam for how many weeks? Was it was like good?
Speaker 3: I did it for the three months three months?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it's like I think you like you said like you wanted to want to want to work out.
Speaker 1: Well, I wanted to like, this is terrible because I know that, like I wanted to be like that person that when I did that, I was like, oh, I have to have it, and I just didn't never feel that way. I mean, I was fine when I was doing it, and I felt good about myself when I was doing it, but it wasn't like a mental release for me. It wasn't like that mental time, you know, or whatever. So it wasn't like I felt like I needed it to be like in the right headspace. Is maybe why I don't feel like but I do feel not as strong now. It's just it wasn't like a mental thing for me where I think a lot of people it mentally, you know, I like, yeah, and I'm realizing I think that that's why it wasn't this like I have to have it as much because that wasn't my mental release is better off with Like I can be fine with that at the end of the day, just reading a book or watching TV or sitting down by myself.
Speaker 2: So then then why would you want to add it back?
Speaker 1: Well, because I need to for my health and I've gained back way, which is fine. I'm not like down on myself about it, but at the same time, I would love to have that motivation back to get it back and to feel stronger. I was definitely feeling stronger lifting weights and I did enjoy that, So I mean, I definitely plan on getting back to it.
Speaker 3: I just need that motivation back.
Speaker 2: It's an interesting thought though, because if it's like, if it's not something that you enjoy or want to do, most people then probably won't make the time then to do something I don't enjoy or want.
Speaker 3: And that's me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think we could all probably agree with working out, Like, whether you want to or not, we kind of need to for our health.
Speaker 2: They say, well, here's the thing though, They say, like, sure, there's all the studies about weightlifting and all that stuff is good for you, but they also say just getting ten thousand steps is really good, right, so you enjoy walking. Yeah, So maybe that's the switch where it's like, yeah, okay, yes, there are there benefits to lifting weights, sure, but if you're going to pick one, which walking is so good for your heart health, yeah, and you're cardiovascular and your energy and your stress, like go for a thirty minute.
Speaker 3: Walk, Yeah, that's like that, and it's even ten.
Speaker 2: Thousand steps, Like, well, I know they say ten thousand, but like thirty minute walks?
Speaker 3: Would you take a thirty minute walk? At least?
Speaker 1: For me, if I would take at least a thirty minute walk a day, I would usually hit close to that. But I ye, yeah absolutely, so like yeah, so no, that's a good point. I mean, and I do think that in a way. Society has also kind of like made me feel like I have to want to work out, you know, but I'm kind of at a place where I'm like, you're right, that's a very good point. Like I could go walk and it would get for me, it got longer. I started with thirty minute walk, but it would end up getting longer because I did enjoy that time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so maybe that's.
Speaker 2: Where because A you can be by yourself, you can be on your phone, yeah you can, you know, like absolutely, and you can get sometimes I'll do I'll just go on the treadmill, or I'll do emails or work like I know, I save certain things for the walk. But I think for you, like and anyone else like and for me too, like that is so good. Just do that every day, right, right, No, prioritize that, Yeah, good point. You're welcome.
Speaker 3: Thanks to check in.
Speaker 2: When do we check in? Because there should be checks and balances?
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely, Well it's cooling off, so that helps me.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: I like to walk in the cold, which is weird, but I hate walking in the heat.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I mean, let's start next week.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you want to a walking partner, like, I love to.
Speaker 3: Walk, so I'd like to do that.
Speaker 2: Like she's like, I like that alone, and then that's.
Speaker 3: That's just me being honest.
Speaker 1: Mostly I do like to walk alone, but there are two times I love to walk, like if I haven't seen you in a while, Yeah, we can catch up on so much in a thirty minute walk.
Speaker 2: I mean I mean literally she's like wait, what what what? I was like yeah, And then.
Speaker 4: I do look forward to those when I'm in the mood to get all the catch up stuff right and like I haven't talked to Dan a while, and like, so much has happened in your world when we.
Speaker 3: Go on a walk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, okay, so we saw soa Yeah, but what's the what's the checks and balances?
Speaker 2: I don't know, like in a in a month? Do we check back? On December eighteenth, and say sure, and then maybe you know what's great. You know how we love to check things off. Yeah, you should put walk in your calendar every day. Then you can then.
Speaker 1: Show that's what I was doing with my walks and workouts before. Okay, but what am I checking you on? What do you want to I'm great, No, they don't have something.
Speaker 5: No, I know.
Speaker 2: And that's the thing, because I'm like, I like, you know, that's like I need that from my mental even if it's just walking. Like I only do weights three to four times a week, three mostly, and then I run too, and then the.
Speaker 1: Other yeah, and then I run and then I walk.
Speaker 3: And then so basically you do a lot. No, no, no, that's great.
Speaker 2: No, but like I have to at least walk every day no matter what. Like that's just for my own like for everyone's sake. But I was thinking about in the car because at the end of the day, there's just always seems to be things that I didn't do or I didn't finish, and I think, so, yeah, I prioritize the working out, which is great, but there's other things that I want to do, like the nonprofits and the the you know, organization stuff, and it's like I keep putting stuff aside that I actually want to do because I don't have the time. But I'm not making the time because I'm like, well, I make the time for working out, which then just got me in the whole conversation of of you know, what we prioritize versus what we don't right right, you know?
Speaker 3: So yeah, it's just.
Speaker 1: We all put things off that we know we need to do or even kind of want to want to do.
Speaker 2: I want to do it, like I'm so like it's something I really want to do. Is But I think sometimes too, when something feels overwhelming, like maybe working out and walking to you might seem been something like that, you know, starting this foundation and how it's like it feels overwhelming. So something feels overwhelming and you're like, oh I want to but I.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like where do you start?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that is that seems so so like for that that like makes sense starting a foundation, Where do I even start? Where do I I have definitely felt that way with working out, where do I even start? Or if I start, like oh my god, I have to start like with you know, so it's just everyone's overwhelming is different for it exactly.
Speaker 2: And there's not one that's like even said like I know it's yeah, but they're they're not like it's all the same thing truly. So I just thought it was a topic of conversation.
Speaker 3: Like I wanted to off my stuff though, because I need to start.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's I need to just start something where it's I feel like I'm you know, helping people on a whether it's just like yeah, you know, I'll damn people that have damned me because you know they'll reach out, but I just I want it on a more of a scale of helping more people, so you know, I don't know, just check in maybe see if I've done something.
Speaker 3: Sure month to will that feel like work to you or no?
Speaker 2: So like yes and no no, because I will want I like I have like this dream where I'm like maybe I'll do like that subscribe or not subscribing, but I'll do something where it's like once a month, I can like zoom with remember I asked you about zoom. I could like zoom with like under people a month and then they can share their stories because I feel like when survivors or people are going through a divorce or they can like we can all get in a room, then you feel better. I think I would love it, but then I'll also be like, oh god, then things get really busy, and then I'm gonna then then that's where it feels like work, and I don't want feel like work right, So that's why I want to wait almost too to like get it right so that it doesn't feel like work. It feels like it's something out.
Speaker 3: That's what I was going to say, have the want.
Speaker 2: But I have the pull of I got too much on the play right now.
Speaker 1: You need to do, in my opinion, do something that does not feel like work. Yeah, because I think for you it's kind of like you have time to prioritizing working out for you personally, but that's it.
Speaker 3: Otherwise you feel like you should be working or being a mom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's where I think it would be key for you if it didn't feel like work.
Speaker 2: Thanks well on this. We have Sadie robertson huff Did you watch her on duck Dynasty?
Speaker 3: Not all of it, but yeah, some of it, Okay, I like, yeah.
Speaker 2: I think I watch like an episode or.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's yeah, it was good because it's a great family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but she's got a new book out called The Next Step, Fifty Devotions to Find Your Way Forward. And she's very obviously active on our social media and her faith, which we love to talk about on here. So let's take a break and then get her on.
Speaker 5: Hi friend, Hi, how are you? I'm great? Thanks so much for having me on.
Speaker 2: You're just like the cutest you really are. You're just like so cute. Your family's cute, You're cute. Like it's just like your message is cute. Everything's just really cute about you. And it's like, is there anything into skeletons in your closet, like, give me something.
Speaker 5: We're all human, Yes, absolutely, but that's so kind. I appreciate it. Thank you, You're so sweet.
Speaker 2: I'm jan and this is this is my girl Catherine, and we'll just dive right on in. It's funny that you say, you know, we're all human, because I was just listening to church yesterday. My son is in a weird kind of nap age right now, so we don't go to church on Sundays because of his nap schedule. So I've just usually like we'll work out or run, and so I was running on Sunday and listening to the to the pastor speak, and he was basically saying, He's like, if you don't stand up and say that you're the biggest sinner in the room, like you're lying. He's like, we all we all sin and we all have, you know, our stuff we have to work on. And it's the people that are kind of being like, no, I'm perfect. Everything's great. And I think it's hard because you know, even when we go to people's Instagram page and we see all the things they're doing, everything just looks so perfect that sometimes when you start to compare in this world of comparison and going, well, gosh, they just look like they have everything going and they do nothing wrong. And then you realize, okay, where is the Like again, we're not all perfect, but in the society, it's hard when everything just looks so beautiful.
Speaker 5: No, it's so true. That is so real. I feel like that's such a hard thing to balance because I feel like Instagram is a place where it's like not the place to show everything, like you can't. It's a tiny square and a little caption, and it's like a lot of people who don't really know you. So there's that level of help born and what do you want to be? But I feel like you have to understand you are literally seeing an image, You're seeing a moment, You're seeing a highlight, which is beautiful, but you can't start the comparison game. I mean, shoot, we are so human. Every everyone has their stuff. I you know, I'm so grateful for platforms like podcasting because I do think you get to share a little bit more of that, you get to have more real conversations, and so I always feel like the podcast people are the real ones because they really know what's going on in your life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, until the headline gets a hold of that, and then and then they make you feel like you are just insane for having this thought or this comment or well.
Speaker 1: I think that's the catch twenty two about podcasting. It's like you want to be able to be real and show everybody that you're real, but then everyone literally comes down on every single thing that you say. I mean, it's like you can't be real anymore and show your sins. Essentially, it's hard to Yeah, that's for sure, got it.
Speaker 5: I feel like you got to just be anchored and know who you are, have the people around you who love you, know who you are. And that way. I think that the cool thing with podcasting, even if a headline gets a hold of it, you know that you got to share your story, and if someone goes and listens, they get to hear your voice sharing your story and hopefully hear your heart in it. But that is a real wrestle, definitely. That's actually one of the reasons I started podcasting is because I got so annoyed with headlines and other interviews that would take something. I'd be like, wait, that was actually a really good conversation. Why is like the two minutes everyone's listening to not the heart of what I was saying. So, yeah, No, it's a gift to be able to share in a little bit longer form, for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know for sure. Where do you is on that topic, where do you find your struggle within the walk and being your authentic self when and then when things come up, like where do you find that not that temptation, but just like that that struggle to keep that faith?
Speaker 5: Man, it's so real. I think that there's like in the aspect of how much to share, how much not to share, or just in the aspect of just.
Speaker 2: Life in general, just whether it comes to marriage or in kids and being a mom.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well we were talking about this the other day, how like the enemy, he is an accuser, right, so's he gonna get you where it hurts so worse and where it seems true. Like last week, we were having just a super busy week and everything was crazy and you know, trying to balance being a good mom and being a great wife and you know, doing my job great, and it was like I was just not juggling well, you know, everything was just kind of like chaotic, and I was struggling with some anxiety, which I used to struggle with anxiety a lot back in the day. I hadn't had a panic attack in a long time. I had felt like I'd kind of come through that season in my life. But then last week it was like everything was piling up and all of a sudden, I just had this panic attack. And you know, actually yesterday I had a really great visual for this because yesterday literally speaking of church, on my way to church, my gas tank kept like, you know, saying empty whatever. And I look at my mom and I said, what are the odds run out of gas? And she said, well, probably pretty high considering your gas tank going off and it's like, yeah, but I'm not actually going to run out of gas, and because like you never think you're actually going to run out of gas. And so then I get to church, we make it, we're leaving church, and before we're even out of the parking lot, I ran out of gas. Straight up.
Speaker 2: God's like, that's cute.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I literally am I a minivan and holding up the entire church line because my car just stopped working and I had to have like six men from church push my car all the way to the gas thing. And you know what's funny, though, is I look back at that and I'm like, I should have known I was going to run a guess that had all the signs telling me you're about to run out of gas, but I just didn't listen. And then what do I do? Run out of gas? And I was thinking about the same thing with like my anxiety. It was like all the warning signs are going off, like hey, your stress, my like everything was short, but I was like I'm fine, I'm fine, I'm fine. Keep doing the thing, keep doing the work, keep pushing it, until all of a sudden I'm on empty and like I actually have a panic attack and so I think the balance is like not letting your i'll get to eat, you know, like not letting yourself get there, like constantly being for me and the Word, constantly being in prayer, being surrounded by people who speak truth in my life. Like I think, so often we push it until it's too far, and then you have like the big breakdown when it's like, hey, you don't actually have to get there, like you could refuel when you're like, you know, halfway instead of at e And it was a good little visual physically of kind of what I've been experiencing spiritually and in my actual life. And so yeah, I think the balance is letting it be that a balance being an everyday thing that you don't let yourself go too far too long without getting truth into your life. And again, for me, that looks like the Word of God, that looks like prayer and people who actually speak love around me. And I think too often we don't think about those things until it's, you know, till it's kind of too late, you know, till it's a breakdown. Yeah, and you don't have to get there, you know.
Speaker 2: That's so true that the whole fact that you don't have to get there because I feel like it's just a typical thing now for me about that, Like usually around that two to three month mark is when I have like an explosion and then I'm fine. But like the explosion, it's like you feel all the weight and the pressure and like they'll all the stressors and the work and the finances and this that and the other where it's like and then I have my explosion and then I then I do another few months of building it all, building it back up to then do it again. And it's like because that to me is just the way that I've always done it, so you know, but like just to your point, like you know, it doesn't have to be that way. It's just I don't know if I have the tools and just to be like super honest about that, because yeah, I go to therapy every few weeks, but when you have so many other responsibilities, I feel like taking care of yourself and managing those expectations of the blow up is another added thing to do and to try to not do. So it's like I don't even know if I can, if I know how to do that to like not have the explosion.
Speaker 5: Yes, I think that's the thing. Even if we're going with the gas analogy, it's like you don't think about going and getting gas until you're empty, you know, exactly, Yeah, but you have to discipline yourself to go, Like, Okay, I don't feel this yet, but I'm going to prepare myself so that I don't get there. You know, I'm gonna fill out what I have now if I can read. This is actually the screen sperer on my phone right now, but it's a versus in the message.
Speaker 2: Gonna say, is there a verse for us?
Speaker 5: That it's so good? It's so good? This? Why is my screensaver? Because I need to go to this? It says you were blessed when you get your inside world, your mind, and your heart put right, then you will see God in your outside world. And I was like, man, that is so good because it's so true. It's like we want to see good on the outside. But like, if you're not filling yourself with good, you're not going.
Speaker 3: To see it.
Speaker 5: Like you don't have the eyes to see it, you don't have the perspective to see it, you're not in the place to see it. But like if you get your heart posture and you're in your mind in the right place. It changes everything how you see, how you walk, how you live, how you talk. But it takes discipline, takes this practice to work on that inside. And I think sometimes we almost are like, wait, why do I think like this? Why do I look? Why do I why do I? Well? What did you put inside? What have you even focus on? What have you been hurt by? And so, yeah, therapy it's great, but you can't wait so that you know that you know session every time. It's got to be like an intentional daily thing. But man, it is discipline, and it is hard to put that in play. Sometimes.
Speaker 2: Well it's so hard the prioritizing and like, what are you leaving out that you need to prioritize that you're not doing for yourself because I think again, as a mom, it's like the first thing that I do is get the kids ready for breakfast. I have to peace so bad by the time they get on that damn bus. But yet I won't even like it's just like got to get them ready, make pack this, and okay, let's go back through the site words again. And it's like you're but the discipline of waking up that ten minutes early to meditate or to do something for myself. I can't do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not good at that either.
Speaker 2: Or reading scripture or I'm like I want to so badly, Like I truly like you know, I have some things on my phone. I'll go to the Jesus app if i'm you know, not at a red light. But I don't take the time to do it. And I know that's important.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I think for me, I've noticed because I go through seasons I'll be honest, where it's like I actually take the time to get in the word and do my Bible study. I mean it's after the kids go though. I mean, there's no part of me that's getting up earlier to do this before the kids go to school. We love our sleep, or be honest, but I've gone through seasons where I've been really good in scheduling that nine to nine thirty or nine to ten, it ends up usually being nine to ten. That's what it is, you know, And I have found you don't really really realize it in the moment. But again, when you're not doing it, I realize the blow ups are more.
Speaker 3: The stressors are the same. The kids are just as stressful.
Speaker 1: The marriage is just as stressful, but the way I react to it is so different. And I'll be like, man, what was different, And I'm like, oh, it's been a month since I've actually like opened my Bible or you know. And so I definitely go through seasons and I recognize that that's different, but I don't always do great. And it's kind of like people like, you know, with like working out, that's not my thing. I'm not like I have to work out or I don't feel good.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: Maybe I could get to that point, but that's.
Speaker 1: Kind of how it is for me, with getting in the word and doing my Bible study in the morning.
Speaker 2: That makes sense for you, what is because you have you know, the next step out, which is the daily it's daily you know, motivation. So it's like, for you, what does your day look like? How do you get it in with everything that you're doing?
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is so good. I love your point too about how it doesn't change anything about your circumstances if you get in the word, but it changes your heart posture and that that changes the way that you're able to go about the circumstances you've been placed in. And I do think people sometimes have this false expectation that man, if I'm following God, everything's going to work out, and that that's not true, that's not even biblical. You're gonna face trials, you're gonna go through hard things, but yet you have a source of strength to go through it with you. You know you, and that that's what changes everything. So yeah, it doesn't change your circumis just change your heart, changes who you are and how you respond in your circumstances. And you know, the next step I'm so excited about because hopefully it we'll get people in that daily practice. And I even talk about this in the book. It doesn't have to be the first thing in the morning. I think it's a I think it's a great thing if it can be, because it just sets your heart and your intention for the day. And for me personally, I used to be like, it doesn't have to first thing in the morning, and it does not have to be. But I do notice when it is, my day is better. You know when it is. It just everything is better in the day. And that's the thing. Even that's Jesus showed us that he would get away in the morning on the mountainside with the Father and like, if Jesus did it, then we can all benefit from it. But you know what, actually it was for me because I used to not get up before the kids. I would be like, no, I'm sleeping, this is my time. And then I had a great friend who asked me one time, she was like, what can I be praying for you for? Because I had a really big confidence coming up I was speaking at I was like, I'm really nervous about this. I just can't find the time, you know, to work on my sermon, like I want to in the morning's so and she said, well, I'm gonna help you wake up. She said, every morning at six I'm gonna text you get up and get in the word, and I'm holding you to it. And I was like six, oh my gosh, like that is way too early. And my kids actually sleep in pretty good and they're three and one, and I'm thankful for that. So I'm like I was gonna sleep, but I'm like, okay, now I'm gonna do it. And so every morning for three weeks at six am, she would text me, get up, get in the word, and then she would make if I was like late, like six oh five, are you awake? Are you up? Like she text me, this is such accountability. And those three weeks were so they had such a profound impact on my life. Truly. I watched the Bible Recap videos, which is the Bible Project, and it like recaps stories of the Bible. I ended up watching the entire series from Genesis Revelation in those three weeks of just getting up at six, because I had so long in the morning to learn it. It gave me such a new perspective on the Bible on life. I got to preach this message after that that ended up impacting a lot of people, but before impacted a single person. Impacted me so much, and so now I'm like, I want to get up, like I find great joy and like getting up now there's still a lot of mornings and I'm like, I'm tired. I'm gonna sleep in this morning. That's okay, you're human again. Like it. It's not like God set the time and is disappointed you didn't wake up. But what a blessing it is when you do, you know, and get that time in. And so I do hope that the next step hosts people form that habit. And you know, we have so much scripture in the book that we're actually going through the Wisdom books, which is so exciting because we're going through like Proverbs and Ecclesiastes in different Bible versus. You're gonna read a lot. Then it's like my story and how that relates to my life. Then some prayer, and then I actually even have some worship recommendations in the book. So it's really just creating that quiet time that you can have with the Lord of that meditation that you can have. And so if you've listened to this, you've never done that before. This book is kind of walking you through what that will look like.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: So besides this one, do you have any other favorite devotionals? I'm I'm like, I'm getting yours obviously, but I need some new ones, So give me some other.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, I need to you know what the daily devotional I do every single day, I don't. I don't even know the name of it, which is terrible. I've posted a picture of before and I'll have to share it. But it's a book that actually that friend gave it to me and it has been so good. It's one of those books where it's like all of these theologians and great people of the faith over the past hundreds of years, Like it's their devotions all put together, and it is the richest book. I get so much out of it has been so powerful, and that is so funny that I don't even know the name of it because I've never even I just go through the day. But I hate that. I'll have to get it for y'all. I have posts on Instagram.
Speaker 2: I'll share I've got two, like I read one at night to my son and my daughter, Like they have different ones, like one for boy, one for a girl, and so I would couldn't even tell you the name of that one. I know my calm calm one devotion for anxiety. I love that one. That's a really good one.
Speaker 5: That is so funny. I'm like, how do I not know the name of this book that I actually read every day? That's terrible.
Speaker 3: But no, that's okay.
Speaker 2: That's totally normal. What is your favorite thing about being a mom in this season? And then what is something that you're like, you know, I want to work on this a little bit more.
Speaker 5: It's good. Oh my gosh, I'm just so grateful to be a mom to my girl, as honey, as three and a half and Haven is eighteen months old. They're two years apart, and I think my favorite thing right now is their little friendship beginning to blossom. My scissors one of my best friends in the world, all my siblings, and I are super close with my sister and I like we shared a room growing up. We work in the same place now. She is just like my go to girl, and we're so different, but like love each other so much, and I see so much of that in Honey and Haven. They're so different even at three and one, you can already tell, but the way they love each other is just so precious. And getting to help steward their friendship is just so adorable. Seeing them laugh at each other is probably my favorite thing right now about being a mom, because they trying to make each other laugh and it is just so cute to see them in their own little world. So I'm loving that. I'm just loving our little family. We're traveling a lot, but just to feel at home with each other and teaching them what that means, you know.
Speaker 2: Like there is home again for you.
Speaker 5: We're in Louisiana, which we love Louisiana, but it's sweet because, like Honey is like such a homebody, but we travel with her so much and I'm teaching her like, hey, home is Louisiana, but it's also where your family is. And like that's been a fun, just like little gift of life to get to do that with them. But yeah, man, probably the hardest thing, I guess be a mom right now. What I struggle with is just time. You know, I'll work and I'm a mom, and I know you guys understand that, and I feel like you're just realizing how fast the time goes by, you know, And it's hard whenever you do work and you go home and like that's your time with them. You want to be fully present, but then you're like so tired because you just work during the day. And I feel like navigating that has been something on working on in this season of like giving them my best, you know and not like my most tired self, and so working on that. I can definitely be better at that. But that's a challenge for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, that's for sure. I was just talking about my therapists about that because we don't we now efficiently. We started to have help and then now we don't have any, and I'm like Okay for the rest of this season. So it's gonna be like two months. Like I'm just gonna yes, it's I'll be tired because I'm gonna be kind of multitasking, you know, working and you know, being quote unquote stay at home mom, right, And so I'm like, but I also know that season is so short, and I know that, you know, I'm gonna start filming a movie in January. So I'm like, embrace this season because he's you know, twelve months old, he's little. Like, it's it's only a short period of time, you know. And so I think just also giving us like grace, like, yes, you might be tired coming home, but it is short and you're still you're still showing up.
Speaker 1: Just yeah, you know, and it's you won't regret it, No, zero, you won't regret it. I mean, my kids are so much older now, and I look back and I'm like, man, yeah, if I had that chance to just I would do it, especially knowing now like I would do it. Yeah, So I think you'll love.
Speaker 2: I already want to go back to like when he was, you know, just like a baby, you know, six months ago, because I'm like, I never really rocked him to sleep because I was so big on like sleep training that now I'm like, I want to rock him to sleep. You know, Oh totally.
Speaker 5: I know you you definitely learn as you go, and that is a crazy thing because I think you have to just be like, Okay, you don't know what you don't know, You're learning as you go, and there's grace for the journey. Is the first time you've ever done this before, you know, But no, it's it's definitely something Like one of the things I'm working on is I had a teammate of mine kind of take over my social media and I've sent her my captions in my post, so it's me. But I haven't been on social media for the past week and a half and it's not a big deal. It's just been a week and a half. But it's been so good for me because I do feel, like, like I said, whenever I'm there with them, I want to be fully present and like the last thing I want to do is looking at someone else's life when I'm like, my kids are right in front of me, you know, which is so hard. I know that sounds like yeah, duh, like everyone would choose your kid, but then at the same time, when you're sitting there and you're tired and it's just so easy to just scroll. I am so guilty of that all the time, and so no shame if you're in that, that's just that's just life. But at the same time, I'm like, you know what, right now, I need to get rid of that distraction because I am working, so whenever i'm home, like, I really do need to be fully present, and for me, if that means just like removing this from my life right now, then this just needs to be removed for right now. And so yeah, I think you have to just lean into you know, there might be different things at different times that you can just kind of be more intentional about. And that's something I'm currently working on, because it's not that I would intentionally choose scrolling over paying attention, but you just accidentally do when you're not, you know, prioritizing it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So in your book you talk about not wanting to make plans. I really want to hear about this because I'm a big planner and all I love to do is make plans. So please tell me more about this.
Speaker 5: Okay, So I'm a big planner too. In the sense of like I like to be over prepared for things that I step into and still, like, for instance, whenever I'm speaking, people always say, like, you know, you don't miss the be and you don't even have notes, And I'm like, yeah, because like I've worked on that so many times. I've I have rehearsed that so many times in my mind that like, yes, I know it because I'm way over prepared for this moment, you know what I mean, which is it's not a bad thing, but sometimes it can be to my disadvantage. But how much to overrepare and like want to I guess be in control of what's going to happen and the outcome and stuff. Well, since I had kids, it's very humbling because, as you guys know, you can't plan everything. You're totally out of control, Like you don't know how the day is going to go. You don't know when the kid's gonna get into your infection or whenever your kid's not going to sleep that night or wake up super early, Like there's so much out of your control. And so you know, So I used to have this way of going about preparing for these messages, and I would be so ready and then when I had kids, I was like, oh, I don't have kid to prepare, like, or I'm speaking the next a and I'm up all night and like there's so much it's just out of your control. And it really taught me how to like lean on the spirit. Well, anyways, this one particular event I was going to. It was at Texas A and M. It was in their basketball arena. There's thousands of college students, and I did not have the time. I wanted to plan what I was gonna say or to prepare, and I thought, Okay, well, I'm just gonna do this older message that I did about identity. It's really powerful. This is the one I'm gonna go with. So I get up there and I'm speaking and everything's going great, and it was like mid analogy, and my mom brain was just like blah, Like I just totally forgot what I was gonna say, and I was like, oh my gosh, I don't even know what I'm gonna say right now. It was so weird. I've never had that happen on stage. I've had that happen obviously in life, because that's mom brain and that happens. I never had that happen in front of thousands of college students in the middle of what I was talking about that was like a story, and so I just kind of stopped and I was like, okay, I was like, what am I gonna say? So I just like quickly, and it's so cool because my husband's like, it wasn't that much time. It was maybe thirty seconds, but it felt like forever. And I was like, God, what do you want me to say right now? And I ended up stopping and just asking a question. I just said, is the way that you're living your life right now actually leading you to where you want to go? And when the question came out of my mouth, it was actually a really powerful question, and it was it was like a shift in the room all of a sudden. It was like you could hear a pin drop in an arena. And I was like, okay, this is a different route than I was taking, but clearly, God, you have something different you want to talk about tonight. So then we just kind of sad on that for a little while and with this different direction and anyways, after that, the pastor's wife who was there, was like that was so powerful. She was like, was that different than the way you normally do things. I was like, well, yeah, because I really forgot what I was gonna say. She was like, well, I don't know what you have planned, but that was so much better than whatever you could planned. And I thought, you know, it's actually true. I know what I had planned, and that was actually better than what I planned. And it was just this lesson in like, God's plan really is greater than yours, like it really is, and you need to learn to lean into that and to trust that. And when you can be willing to surrender your control of a situation and let God lead, it will feel messy, it will feel a little out of control, but it will be so much more powerful of an outcome. And she taught me I know this verse, but she taught me a profound thing about this versus. There's a verse that says your word is a lamp unto my feet and a light into my path. And she showed me what an oil lamp from the Bible days looked like. Because I've heard that verse a lot of times, but I always thought of the lamp being like a big lamp. I actually more so thought of it like a torch, where it's like lights up this path, and she said, no, these lamps were tiny back in the day, So this lamp would not have lit up the path you're going to walk. It would have literally just lit up the next step you were going to take, which is where the book title comes from, the next step, because I think so many times life we want to see the whole path. We want to know the plan, We want to know where we're going, where we're going to be in five years. But that's just not life, that's just not realistic. And there are things that you can do to be confident to take the next step, to prepare for the next step. But at the end of the day, I think so much of life does take faith, you know, confidence in the things we hope for, assurance and the things that we cannot see, and leaning into what the Lord has for that next step, knowing it's going to be better than the one that you could have even planned. So when I say don't plan, it's not just like, oh, be careless, be free, go for it, it'll work out. No. I think there's wisdom in being smart enough to even get oil for your lamp. There's a wisdom in having some sort of a plan to being prepared, but at the end of the day, it's that the Lord wills, and what the Lord does, it will be better than what you could have done in your own strength. And I've personally learned that time and time again. Me forgetting what I was going to say was a small example of what my life has looked like on a bigger picture of letting go of control and letting God lead in my life.
Speaker 2: So well said.
Speaker 3: It gave me chills.
Speaker 2: I know so well, said Sadie. Thank you so much for coming on. You're just your beautiful soul. Thank you for everything that you do in your words, and everyone will get the next step fifty devotions to find your way forward.
Speaker 5: Thank you, thank you, Thanks for asking great questions by see bye. Thank y'all.
Speaker 2: I'm obsessed with her.
Speaker 3: She's precious.
Speaker 2: She's so sweet.
Speaker 3: I love her.
Speaker 1: She's just so like I want to be that, like smiley and happy all the time.
Speaker 2: I know, but also like knowing that, Okay, she had a freaking panic attack last week, Like she she's human and she's showing up and everyone she's being authentic. Because I saw something I was on I was googling something and something came up. There was like you know how I don't look at like comments anymore. But something was like, oh, yes see she's not healed anymore because she said she had to go do this. And I'm like, first of all, healing, like these people that just want to go on someone's page and say something about someone else or like, no one has ever claimed to be fully healed, fully perfect fully like so I was just like and I was like I kind of laugh because I'm like, oh my gosh, these people are so ridiculous.
Speaker 3: I don't even understand that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I'm like, of course, no one's like you might be far removed from a situation and healthier, but like and I can be healed from certain things, but there's still things that are going to come up.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyways, I just was like it just made me laugh because I'm like, in this day and age, people think about it's like a there's perfect, then there's unhealed, and then there's a complete mess.
Speaker 1: Well and they only expect yeah, they only expect that from people that right are well known, right their lives can be right, I mean.
Speaker 2: But also it just goes to show you that you know, again, what we see, what we scroll, what we everyone deals with it, and I just it's.
Speaker 1: It's remembering that because at the end of the day, like no, not all of us are going to post all the bad, you know, and so.
Speaker 2: We just have to like some of us will just post vibrators and other things, you know what I mean exactly. Everything's great. Oh I'm not now to see you later.
Speaker 3: Bye,