Speaker 1: Bad.
Speaker 2: What injury shoes? All? Right? Guys injuries from the game. Kevin Gibbons did have a torn peck. I'll end up going to i R. Christian McCaffrey was it p c L shouldn't need surgery, but still about a six week recovery, so he'll be going i R also. And the surprise one from the game was JP Mason ended up having a high ankle spring, so he's gonna have to go to i R most likely also. And that's it from the game. Go ahead, h.
Speaker 3: Updates on had Eric?
Speaker 1: God? What what is the planet? Running back? Obviously you have Grindo, but well you have to be added adding some people in that position.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we you know we have Grenda. Obviously he will be up. We got Patrick here, who was on who's on a practice squad? We will definitely be bumped up. Now, who was you know on our roster earlier in the year before Christian came back? And one most likely have to look for another.
Speaker 3: Hell, do you have any updates on the other guys who were injured before the game?
Speaker 2: Nick Trent, Yeah, I'll hit them all here. Banks is still in the protocol, Elliott's still in the protocol. Playing against fouls with his knee will be a day to day this week demo with his knee, we're expecting to get back and practice on Wednesday. Nick, same thing. We'll have to evaluate him and trying are kind of in the same boat. We're gonna have to evaluate as the week goes. And then I are guys green Law will continue to practice and how far we plan on open up in his practice win so window here on Ondnesday.
Speaker 3: As far as Teleno goes, would he have to play with some sort of device or cast or support on his wrist?
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, he's gonna have to have something on it. You know, he's tried a few things out. I'm exactly sure exactly what he's gonna have, but he's gonna have some things on it and see how that goes. This week.
Speaker 3: Also, news came out about Trent Williams and his wife losing their children at Earth. Is he going to take some time off for that as well?
Speaker 2: He did a little bit of that last week. You know something that happened that last week, and you know he was there at the hospital with her and got to meet him and say bye, and then he had a cremate him on Friday. So he's been dealing with that and he's working through it, but we're all just trying to be here for him through it all.
Speaker 1: What went in the decision to make Dobs the backup to party last last night just the type.
Speaker 2: Of game that we thought it could be. We had a feeling all week just looking at the forecast, and we knew it would be more of a running game and we wanted his that element added to it. We thought it could help in that way.
Speaker 3: Pallas, for as football goes, it seems like it's just a common theme of self inflicted mistakes that have been going on. I don't know how you address that or how you change that. I know it's different mistakes every week. What is how do you how do you actually to make those adjustments?
Speaker 2: I mean it's I mean when it's different things, it's you know, it's not really just an adjustment that you make. You got to keep coaching, You got to keep challenging guys. When if a guy continues to do the same mistakes, you got to try to find a different guy to put in there. You know, it's all of the above. So stuff we're continuing to work out. We haven't gotten it done. But it's one area in particular, so we got to work on getting more turnovers. Obviously, we've got to work on protecting the ball better, which came in three different ways, you know, one on the goal line, want to kick return, one on a slip ball throwing which killed us there in the second half, Simlar to Green Bay. But it's not one thing in particular, so a lot of things go into it.
Speaker 4: Carl, how do you process the the real life issues that you've had with with Trent and Mooney as a coach and as someone you know, as someone responsible for a team, and and get through that stuff with them.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's I mean the stuff that we do every day, you know. I mean, it's not not to the extreme and you got to deal with tragedies like this. It's you know, it's it's hard as a coach, it's hard as a friend. It's as hard as a family member. It's hard for everybody. But we spend a lot of time with each other, and that's what's cool about a football team. Whatever you go through, the good or the bad, we go through it together. And I do like for those guys because I do like thaty they have this, they have a group of guys, they can go to, a group of guys that can see him every day and you can escape that full grief and stuff. But I do think it's nice for those guys to have another avenue to get out on the football field, to get around teammates and things like that. You know, I thought it was a huge step by Moony this week just from a personal level. I mean, no one really when something like that happens, you don't really want to jump back into anything. You got to kind of make yourself. And I was real proud of him fighting through this week and even though it was hard, and I'm sure he didn't always want to do it, but he got through the week of practice, got through the game, and I think that was a real step for him just going forward with his life. And that's the thing everybody's got to do in those situations. But it's nice when you have a football team and stuff that you have a group of guys that year around every day and that you're close to with that can help you through it.
Speaker 4: But it's your understanding that Trent wants to get back out there when he's healthy.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, definitely, Trent Trent's really trying to get back out here. We just got to just his ankles and healing the way we want, you know, we can't get the swelling down and stuff. So that's why, you know, it's that's why it's I'd like to say it's day to day, week to week because we're expecting the swallowing to go down and everything. It just hasn't. So I'm trying to be patient with and I know he's being patient with it, and hopefully it'll take a turn of the right direction this week. But there's it hasn't yet, you know, so there's no guarantees.
Speaker 3: When you look at all the issues with the team and how heavy this feels, all the different issues and the injuries, how do you keep everybody focused and you know, at a level where they can compete on the field on a Sunday.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's you have to. That's that's the challenge. Lots of things go on in life, but everybody does have a job to do, and so you've got to respect those challenges. You got to respect what people are going through, but you got to also help pull people together to do their job and you know, or a team that counts on everybody. But I don't think it's much different in the business world either. People go through a lot of stuff and but whatever their line of work is, they just have a responsibility to do so we all understand that fully and how hard it can be on someone. And I do think in a sports amosphere, in the team atmosphere, kind of like what I was saying earlier, it's nice for those guys to, you know, to have a team and stuff they can be around and I feel as alone. But you know that's not gonna you know, no one's going to judge your team off of that. They're going to judge it off of wins and losses. And those games come once a week and you got to put your plan together. You got to practice as hard as you can, and you got to get forty eight guys out there on the field and uniform that are going to help you win. And like with injuries, you can't always count on everybody, whether it's an injury or whether it's something tragic that happened. You know, people are going to go through some stuff and when that happens, we've got to have another guy step it up.
Speaker 3: With how the defensive played, have you been pleased and satisfied with the way Nick Saranton has been calling games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm very satisfied with Nick. I mean I'm not at all satisfied with the results and how it's going right now. But you know, some of the mistakes that we've made, I don't think or what's happened here in these last two weeks, I don't think that's a schematic issue. It's it's a little bit more of a fundamental issue. And that also starts with me. That goes to all coaching, and it goes down of players, goes to everyone in this building. So but you know, the results yet his last two weeks haven't changed my opinion on Nick.
Speaker 1: Sorry at Airport, it was already a pretty trying season for Christian before this. You know, he talked about the frustration. Have you had a chance to talk to him and just see where he is his injury.
Speaker 2: No, I haven't got a chance to talk to him. Just getting back, you know, five thirty in the morning last night, and just getting all this stuff finished up here a little bit ago, and I know he's been getting his MRIs and everything. So I'll connect with him here this afternoon. But I know it's you know, and I just feel for him, you know, he uh, you know, it was a real frustrating year for him. He worked his ass off to get back to this point, and I think he was really feeling good and about to take off and just had that real unfortunate injury last night. So I know he's as crushed as anyone. But he'll get through this. He's a hell of a player, of a person and an unbelievable forty nine er and he'll be back strong, stronger than ever next year to help us.
Speaker 1: Will brock Perdy be limited in practice this week or is he full go?
Speaker 2: Now? Brocks full go? He's he didn't even come in for rehab today, So on Brocks five, say a couple more.
Speaker 4: Now, how did you feel Ben Barges played his first start with forty nine ers?
Speaker 2: I was. I was impressed byle you know that. You know. I know he's got some ability and he's got a lot of ability and stuff, and we've enjoyed working with him here, but that was our first time going into a game with him, and I loved how he competed. I thought he blocked well. I thought he helped us in that game. So it was a good first start for him.
Speaker 1: You said last night, this team is as good as as I guess some of the others, which I guess by the record, And be like, yeah, did you mean from the talent perspectives? Do you mean when you consider all the injuries and and who is out there right now or here's problem or contact for your ments.
Speaker 2: I'm just answering a question that you know, when I constantly get asked about you know, there's this the thing I got asked, is this team not have the same fight as last year's team? And you know everything goes to the team the year before. And I was just trying to apply this isn't last year's team, and and so we wanted a reason for why our record is and as good as last year's And when it's asked about fighting and stuff, that's you know, I kind of I don't see that all that way. I was making the point that that this isn't last year's team. Last year's team was obviously a better team. I'm not saying just from the roster. I'm just saying from the beginning to end, the way we started out, the way we felled in training camp, throughout the whole year we've been trying to build that with this team. We've had times where we felt that we were on our on the right path to it, and then we've had some stepbacks that I think it's always been one step forward, two steps back second, and we really haven't had to. We really haven't grasped the full potential of this year's team. And that's why I don't like comparing it to last year's team or the year before.
Speaker 4: The yell guys, thank you, Kyle, all.
Speaker 2: Right, guess, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 4: Ju