Speaker 1: Wow, everybody, It's Tuesday, January twenty eighth, twenty twenty five. Welcome to the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast, where one of us is drinking a large glass of haterade. It's me and your man, MG Marcus Grand joined by Michael Florio and Lakwan Jones.
Speaker 2: Floria.
Speaker 1: We'll get to your thoughts on the weekend in a little bit. I know you're still uh, sort of looking your wounds. Understandably, you're a little bit radio silence in the text chat the last couple of days, which I totally understand, Like I totally get it. I know you were in New York for a wedding and then flying back and everything. Uh, lak Wan, I will say this. I mean, I know that your team, you know, had a tough loss week before. As somebody who was a neutral observer, it was an enjoyable week. It was an entertaining weekend, right, Like it was sort of nice to just sit back and watch it because I couldn't met and watching really either of those games. If if I had a rooting interest, that would have been excruciating.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the sitting part was fun. Like you know, when the Rams are playing, we all know that I'm standing two inches from the TV screaming at it, like are you that?
Speaker 2: Are you that person?
Speaker 3: Oh? I am that person? Yeah, one hundred percent, that is me. Playoff games on that way as well. Yeah, so it's so good to sit back, relax, you know, roof for my boy Floria. You know, I wanted the Bills to win also, but I don't know if I believe you. Wait, no, I don't believe yeah, playing that text.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so just for background, you know, we're all we are in a text chain and we're communicating before the games, and uh Laqwan basically said I should probably find the actual text, but essentially you implied that you wanted the Bills to go to the super Bowl and lose. Uh is what it was, which is like, look, man, if you have those intrusive thoughts, that's fine.
Speaker 2: But maybe don't let them out next to a Bills fan. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Right before the game too, literally right before checkoff. Yeah, that was bad time by me.
Speaker 2: I promise you.
Speaker 3: It wasn't meant for me what it was. And I read it later and I'm like, oh, yeah, I didn't mean that, brother. I get it because I do that a lot too.
Speaker 4: Well, I'll send a text and I'll be like, oh, they're gonna take that differently than how I I meant to say it.
Speaker 3: I just left it at that. I was like, no, he's probably gonna be so focused and pissed off.
Speaker 1: All right, So here was the Here was the actual text. It says, let's go Bills. Damn it would hate to see this historic run by Saquon got to waste just to be cheated in the Super Bowl. And I was like, wait a minute. So basically you want the Chiefs to lose and then the Eagles to beat the Bills. Like all right, I mean that's fine if that's how you feel, but maybe just don't say that with.
Speaker 2: Florio like being able to read it.
Speaker 3: That's all players mess up. Jersey Boys stick together.
Speaker 2: I get it. Then.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we will get into that game. Obviously, we'll talk about the NFC Championship game. Plus we'll continue our exit interviews Pick seven team through twenty. We are flying right along as we get ready to start pivoting our focus to the draft. What is it I think the phrase is using is recalibrate your eyes. I saw that in a couple of places on social media, recalibrate your eyes, and I'm like, okay, some of us wear glasses.
Speaker 2: Let's not talk about that now.
Speaker 1: Let's start with some headlines because we had We've had some coaching moves in the last few days since we last spoke to you all. The Jaguars we're trying to hire Liam Cohen. Liam Cohen said, I'm not going there, trip Balki's.
Speaker 2: Gonna be there.
Speaker 1: So the Jaguars are like, hey, Balki hit the bricks. Hey Liam Cohen, come on in. So the former offensive coordinator of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers is now the new head coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars. Lakwan you said you had you saw the rundown, and you're like, oh, we're getting the hater stuff out of the way early. I know how you feel about Trevor Lawrence. I'm curious than what this Liam Cohen, who was a former Rams assistant.
Speaker 3: He's part of the tree.
Speaker 2: What this means in your mind for trev and the rest of the Jags.
Speaker 3: The bars high bars high man coming from the McVeigh tree, I mean, you have to find success, and that's kind of been the trend set for some other guys that we won't mention. But more so, if he cannot fix Trevor Lawrence, can we just ultimately agree that Trevor Lawrence is not that guy. If he can't go there and fix that with the weapons he has around him, I don't think the problem is going to be any coach that they bring in there. It's the guy they just paid that hefty contract. So let me put on my buck nasty, the nastiest hater of two thousand. I just feel like, if Trevor Lawrence can't go out there and perform at a higher level, this will literally be my last time in any league trying to invest to him.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't know, Floria.
Speaker 1: I mean, I feel like we've all gotten past the Trevor Lawrence is that guy now. I think most of us are center on Trevor Lawrence is a jag. He's just a guy at this point.
Speaker 3: Wow, he literally is a jag. But the fantasy street say otherwise, Fellas, please bro I've been inside, man, I ain't been outside. I have no idea marks outside.
Speaker 2: I ain't been outside. I had no idea that people were still on it like that.
Speaker 4: No, I for one him not like there's a zero percent chance. I think he gets drafted as a QB one next year, Like I top fifteen is even in question, I'd argue, I mean, quarterback does thin out quicker than in the past. But I agree with Leakwalam, like this is his last chance, I think, not not only for fantasy purposes, for NFL purposes, Like I know his contract is going to get him a couple more years as the starter there, but like if he doesn't produce with Liam Cohen and two years from now or three years from now, whatever it takes, like they let go of Liam Collen, they're going in another direction. That's probably also the end of the Trevor Lawrence tenure in Jacksonville, i'd imagine. So this is kind of his last chance, but take it like to put it on the other offense. This is going to now be the third different offensive coordinator for Baker Mayfield in the Bucks in three years, so that offense keeps getting people hired.
Speaker 3: Hopefully Dave can Allis had success going to Carolina. Maybe maybe Liam, But did you guys see Liam Cohen's duval It was the worst thing, awkward and embarrassing, cringe.
Speaker 2: It's just not a great start, not a great start.
Speaker 3: Low the frequency is not happy right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm I'm sort of skeptical on this move just because, look, maybe it works out right and Liam Cohen is ready to step in and be the head coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars or any team really, right, I just am a little bit skeptical of a guy who has been an OC for two years, one of which he wasn't actually calling the plays. I mean, he was the offensive coordinator for the Rams, but we know Sean McVay is the one really pulling the strings on that whole thing, right, So granted, look, it was amazing to watch what Baker has done the last couple years, but as you pointed out Florio, He's gone through multiple offensive coordinators in the last couple of years, So maybe it's hard to attribute it to one guy when Mayfield and the Bucks are doing it with other guys calling the shots there. It just this feels like it feels like the Jaguar is sort of jaguarring right, like they waited forever to move on from their GM just so they could get a hire in there. They get the guy who is the hottest name left on the market and they make the move on it.
Speaker 2: I just and I'm not rooting against.
Speaker 1: I don't have any skin in the game, but it just feels like this is It's like you say, you did your paper the night before, you know, and now you're turning it in and hoping that everything works out.
Speaker 2: And I just I'm skeptical.
Speaker 4: I think it's it's all about Trevor Lawrence in my opinion, like because I don't think this was a spot where like you want to bring in like like saying Mike Raybrowll or a Bill Belichick, a Pete Carroll something like that, where those guys are more like motivators defensive minded coaches. I think you you wanted the best possible offensive scheme you could get, because not only do we all think Lawrence was generational and they took him first overall, they also paid him a bunch of money, which is why I thought this landing spot was not one of the better ones like other people thought. But if Liam Cohen can get Trevor Lawrence to play anywhere close to the Trevor Lawrence we thought he would be, then this is all worth it. And if not, you're hitting the hard resets.
Speaker 2: So I did.
Speaker 4: Giving you one more last ditch effort to get the most out of Lawrence.
Speaker 2: Is worth it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I don't know how many hard resets. I mean, I guess it's infinite, right. The Jaguars can do as many hard resets as Shod Khan is willing to authorize.
Speaker 2: Just man, I don't know.
Speaker 3: They don't have it out until twenty twenty nine on his deal.
Speaker 2: Great, so they're locked in. I mean they're locked in with the Trevor Lawrence for a while.
Speaker 1: Sofully dude like that. Man, I'm gonna I'm gonna. I have to remember this so I can start using it on Fantasy Live next year.
Speaker 3: We need it as a drop duo.
Speaker 2: Speaking of it, you mentioned Pete Carroll.
Speaker 1: Florio and the Raiders have hired Pete Carroll to be their next head coach. He will be the league's oldest head coach in league history when he turned seventy four in September. Look, Pete is a guy with boundless energy. I mean he will work over a piece of gum like nobody's business, you know, and like he's good to line up every now and do a drill. But Florio, he's seventy four. He's been out of coaching for a couple of years now our year, I guess now, and he's going to roster That is really kind of a mess. Their quarterback, the quarterback of the future, is not there. They've got running back issues. They've got you know, they got brock Bowers. We'll see if they have Max Crosby. I mean, I know, we're still waiting to see what the rest of the coaching staff is gonna look like.
Speaker 2: They're in Las Vegas. But I don't know.
Speaker 1: And I love Pete Carroll, right, he did great things at my alma mater for a number of years. I can't get excited about Pete Carroll in Las Vegas, can you?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, Because as great as he was in Seattle, won the Super Bowl, like you said, did wonders with USC Look at his last three years in Seattle once they lost Russell Wilson, nine to eight was their best record that they went in any of those three seasons. And then with Geno Smith, they got they won more games this year, like after changing the head coach.
Speaker 4: So uh, Carol, One thing is for sure, the Raiders will be motivated under him.
Speaker 3: They are going to play hard. He gets the most.
Speaker 4: He's kind of like Jim Harbow in that sense, where like the players absolutely just love playing for him. But yeah, like I I have been because one, this roster is far from complete. It sounds like Max Crosby wants out, so like you're probably blowing things up in year one And I don't want to be mean, does a seventy three year old have that much time to rebuild? Like if this first year is a complete, like tear down, how long is he gonna get?
Speaker 3: This feels like a hype move.
Speaker 4: This also feels like a we knew we weren't gonna get Ben Johnson or Liam Cohen or these other guys, so let's make a splash for the next two years and maybe that's it. And look, I could easily be wrong, but I saw this and I was like, really that, Like this came out.
Speaker 3: I don't know about you, guys. I don't think Carol was done in the NFL, Like this came out of nowhere.
Speaker 2: I mean I did, so.
Speaker 1: I figured he was just gonna ride off into the sunset, enjoy his post football life, I don't know, sitting by the ocean or something like that. Like that seems pretty awesome. To me, But I guess he still has the fire, I mean the quantity. The only thing I can really think about this is that this is a potentially coach in waiting situation, right that they hire Pete Carroll, he brings in a younger assistant, and then that's that's the guy that's that's coming up next, right, I mean, that's that's the only thing I can really think about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, kind of build within and you know, see if they can go in house, or if they bring in another guy for an offensive coordinator, whatever the case may be. But I'm more excited for the antics that are already happening and unfolding. During the press conference, you get Raiders by Marshawn Lynch, So knowing that he will be in the building, I think it will be a little bit more you know, entertaining to see what's going on with the Raiders. But I mean, you guys like he'll be seventy four years old. But I honestly think he's a leader of men regardless of his age. I mean, we've seen him connect with the youngest. I mean, he connected with DK Metcalf off the top of the draft. They took a shirt off with him, like if somebody did that with me, Like I'm just like, oh, this guy's a vibe, Like I definitely only think, you know, they'll be motivated for him, but this is definitely like, hey, can you hold us over until we find the coach of the future. Can you hold us over when we find the quarterback for the future, because the quarterback it's going to be the most important thing for him in year one. I understand that, you know, this draft, like some people have their thoughts on of it, of some of the prospects not the best class kind of like a class of what they already have in house. But I definitely feel as though you give him some time or whatever how much time that he has there, it's like, all right, maybe he could build someone with these guys motivated playing hard for him.
Speaker 2: At least maybe, so, Like I get it.
Speaker 1: This is Las Vegas, right, this this feels like your typical Vegas hope story. Like I'm gonna roll into this casino with twenty dollars and hope I hit a jackpot and can go big. That's what it is all on red right, Like Pete Carroll is like, you know, it's all it means, Like it's silver and black. Right, let's just put it all on black. Right, We're just gonna Caerrol is the guy. We're gonna throw twenty dollars down on black. We hope, hope that it hits and we just start building from there, because that's all I can really think of, uh with this group, because there's so much any pieces that they need mentioned, the quarterback, you know, the head coach of the future, whoever it's going to be, whether or not they can keep their best defensive player in town.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, so many things.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, they got brock Bowers. You know, Jacoby Myers had a good season. I don't think anybody is expecting to build around Jacoby Myers's just a lot of work to do, a lot of work to do.
Speaker 3: He's like, I'm the oldest coach in the NFL history. I'd be the youngest president in the last three terms.
Speaker 1: But by the way, shout out to the AFC West because while everybody else is trying to get younger with their coaches, the coaches in the AFC West now are Pete Carroll, Sean Payton, Jim Harbaugh, and Andy Reid legendary.
Speaker 2: They're like, to hell with it. We're gonna be the AARP Division. Let's just go. Let's go. So shout out to the the AARP West.
Speaker 1: Last bit of coaching news, the Dallas Cowboys have made a higher man. You want to talk about letdowns over letdowns, right, I mean, we had the potential for the Dion Sanders coach Prime Circus to hit Dallas, and.
Speaker 2: They hire Broughton saw Brian Schottenheimer.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 1: I loved by the way, the the quote from I guess you might find the exact quote from Jerry Jones, which one I know they have actually been multiple, but the one that, uh, that really made me laugh because it just seemed.
Speaker 2: Like the the least bit of an endorsement.
Speaker 1: It was something to the effect of he's been a career assistant, but he's no longer just Brian. He's now known as a head coach of the Dallas Cowboys. I'm just like, hey man, so like you, we're gonna move you off fries and now you get to be the night manager at a fast food joint.
Speaker 2: Like that's what it felt like my hiring Brian Shott. Wow. Right, Like, hey man, you did a great job of fries. You've been on fries for a long time.
Speaker 3: Hey, that's a big promotion. Man, I've worked for that's a big promotion.
Speaker 2: So now now we're gonna let you lock up at night.
Speaker 1: Like, hey, dude, congratulations, here are the cheese.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what this felt like.
Speaker 1: Please please look on make me excited about Brian Schottenheimer and Dallas.
Speaker 3: I absolutely cannot do that.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I mean, like, I look, I know Cowboys fans, so I'm seeing first hand of like the reaction. It's not good. It's almost depressing, Like it's so sad to have my friend, my best friend man Roman White, man, longtime Dallas fan. And it's like, dude, man, I understand your pain. You kind of don't want to watch football anymore. And that's kind of where he's at, Like he's just like we suck, like it is what it is. Like he doesn't take the franchise serious.
Speaker 2: Wat should I?
Speaker 3: And I'm like, dude, I have no words for you. I can't get you excited about this season.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: Like I try to give him, you know, a little prospects Ashton gent he might be a cowboy, you know, and he's like, no, it doesn't do it for me.
Speaker 1: I mean, I love Ashton john T, but like, yeah, if I'm watching this teammate moves like this, I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's an enough to me on a hook.
Speaker 3: It's not moving for them. It's bad. My uncle won't text me back. You know, that's that's a shame. He was also a cowboy fan.
Speaker 2: He's not happy.
Speaker 3: No, it's not good out there, man.
Speaker 1: I mean, has Skipped Bayless thrown the same jersey in the trash yet again? Has he a is he resorted to that you pull it out?
Speaker 3: Pull it out?
Speaker 2: He's he gonna do the same.
Speaker 1: We're gonna walk into the kitchen, we're gonna throw it in the trash, and we're gonna make a mean face.
Speaker 3: You're gonna hear his wife say, okay, we're recording. At the start of the video, right, there was one he fullsted talk that that happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, because.
Speaker 3: He is Pete Carroll's age, he doesn't know how to work on iPhone.
Speaker 2: And then we'll be back at this again.
Speaker 1: And then you midway through the season, when you know Dak has a four interception game, like, he'll go back and he'll throw the same jersey back in the trash all over again.
Speaker 4: So wow, I'm looking at his career as an o C and one time they finished in the top ten in passing yards?
Speaker 3: Is that the Rams at the end? It was twenty twenty three with the Cowboys. Oh wow, that's it.
Speaker 1: And that was that was the year where Dak had to throw the ball like fifteen hundred times. I mean like he was throwing the ball a lot, a lot that year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know why I said the Rams. That was Saint Louis depressing days. Yeah, you're right, even.
Speaker 4: In the like the Russian categories though like a couple of times he's been top ten, but it's usually middle of the like.
Speaker 3: To me, this just says Jerry Jones.
Speaker 4: Wants to a coach that he can have the year of and be a heavy influence on.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, I mean Brian Schottenheimer was.
Speaker 1: I think the expectations is he's something of a figurehead and it's gonna be Jerry kind of pulling the strings on this whole thing for sure. All Right, we will have more as these stories develop and we get more idea what the coaching staffs are going to be.
Speaker 3: Just the Cowboys, right, the stories developed.
Speaker 2: That's the story. That's the story.
Speaker 1: That's developing, I guess. Speaking of the Cowboys, I think it's just two championship weekend and the NFC Championship game, which, as we mentioned last week was sort of a boy reunion. DA had quit against Kellen Moore, a couple of past Cowboys coordinators.
Speaker 2: It looked bad early, you know.
Speaker 1: The Commanders go on a long drive to settle for a field goal, and Saquon rips off a touchdown run, you know, and then a turnover and the Cowboy or the Eagles get a touchdown, and it's just like, even though the Commanders sort of clawed back in, it never felt like they were really in danger of threatening. And in the end, the Eagles run off to a fifty five twenty three win. Sequon has a huge day, Jalen Hurts has a huge day. The Eagles are going back to the Super Bowl second time in three years. But as I like to do for these sorts of things, I always want to sort of talk about and eulogize the team that lost kind of put a bow on their season. So I'm gonna I'm gonna leave the AFC game and I'm just gonna let Florio go when we get to that point. So, Kwan, I'm gonna ask you about this one. Look at looking toward next year. We obviously love Jayden Daniels, expecting he's gonna a top five quarterback drafted in most leagues. Yeah, we love Terry McLaurin. He was great again this year, career year for him. But who else in this offense do we really get excited about for next year?
Speaker 3: Next year? I think this draft they have to address the wide receiver to a consistent wide receiver too. You love Deanny Brown his emergence end of the season big time, you know, in the playoffs, but more so, like I am excited for the Commander's offense as a hole for fantasy, just being that Jayden dans is the quarterback, Like that's one of the things that you want to mark off a hit in that draft, or like do they have a good quarterback? Do they have an awesome offense?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Check check check. So once they bring in a guy like a wide receiver two that I think that could be you know the counterpart of Terry McLaurin, because obviously you're drafting scary Terry. It's like you're just overall excited for this offense developing for what it is, because this is his rookie year, getting to the NFC championship, and he's been playing like he's a veteran, Like it's insane. So it's a you know, as a commander's rand, you would be happy and excited for next season, but for more so fantasy, I'm gonna be taking my picks as I can because I can see these guys being a discount because again, everybody's paying sophomore slump. Nah, I don't think that's happening to with JD.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't. I don't know if I worried Florie so much about the sophomore slump with Daniels, but it really is, like, okay, so obviously we're drafting Daniels, we're drafting McLaurin. Like, how much are we really buying into zach Ertz who was their number two pass catcher this year, right, I mean he's thirty four. We're gonna be thirty five next season, you know. I know people took some late dart throws at Ben Sinnett, who had that nice catch on the fake punt in the game, but Ryan Robinson was okay, I mean above expectations, but just okay, Austin Eckler looks like the decline is probably underway right now. I just don't see any other real targets besides Daniels and McLaurin in this offense that I want for next.
Speaker 2: Year as of now. A lot.
Speaker 4: It's gonna change, I think, because the Commanders have the third most cap heading into free agency, so I I think if you are them, you're thinking exactly what we're saying. Like, Jayden took us to the NFC Championship game and a year where we were coming off having the number two overall pick, and like I know, early in the year, a lot bounced their way. You had the Hail Mary against the Bears. You had a number of plays that just were like, Okay, this is probably not sustainable. But then at the end of the year, I thought Jayden took another step forward and his processing, the way he was seeing the field was incredible to the point where I think he is already a top five not fantasy quarterback, because that's a lock. I think he is a top five real life quarterback. And that's saying a lot because the top four are already a slam dunk. You ask anyone they're gonna give you the same four names. So I think he's better than everyone. Maybe it's like Hayman Hurts or something like that, battling for that fit spot.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I think you get him a little bit more help on offense and you're good to go. But yeah, I felt so bad for him because he had this team in this game three he fumbles by other players that were lost. That just took any chance he had of winning that game away. But I thought he impressed me so much as playoffs and they'll be back better next year. Although you guys were bigger on him than I was, Like what happened to Brian Robinson this year? Because it looked like halfway through the year he just he lost all of his capability of how to run injuries. What was it? His knee, his ankle? I mean that he was going through it like he was just bruised up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that had a lot to do with it, because he just, you know, he started out great. I mean to the point that we were like, oh, I guess, I guess Austin Echler is just not going to be a thing. But he had knee issues, he had hamstring issues. I think that just sort of took its toll over the course of the season. That and the fact that once Jaden Daniels took off, there was just less reason to really lean on him.
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't think he prepared for a long season. Let's just say that.
Speaker 2: I don't. I mean, look, let's be honest.
Speaker 1: I mean I know that, I know that in the building they'll talk about it like, hey, this is our goal, but I think realistically, like, yeah, no, I need to talk At the beginning of the year, was you know, the battle for the basement of the NFC East is it the Commanders isn't a giant, so you know, yeah, the Eagles were supposed to be there. We thought the Cowboys would be better than it turned out to be.
Speaker 4: I've already seen people saying like this was the Commander's one chance, and I'm like, no, if you have a top quarterback like this, your your window is as open as as long as Jaden is playing at this level.
Speaker 3: Ten years you got with JD. And that is a finger I'm.
Speaker 2: Not gonna go.
Speaker 1: I'm not going ten. I'm not ready to put ten years on it right now. That's that's you know, how long ten years is, bro.
Speaker 3: Like, yes, my son is eight now I'm almost We're not even ten years into the Lamar Alan Burrow errors. Okay, like I'm putting. I'm putting twenty on ten right now that I'm hotting, I'm potting. This is what I call if he says healthy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just looking at the like the top five, some of the top movies in twenty fifteen, right, I mean San Andreas, right, the Transporter refueled, not even the original Transport, like one of the multiple sequels, like the mark. Ten years is a long time bro, That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 4: When when you said ten years ago, like I was like twenty ten and I'm like ten years ago, so like you know, like my brain doesn't, twenty fifteen is ten years Like the Mets were in the World Series ten years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is crazy to a long time bro.
Speaker 4: Ah.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Chiefs thirty two Bills twenty nine, Michael left Florio, The Flora is yours.
Speaker 4: My thoughts are pretty much the same as what they have been at the end of each of the last three Chiefs since. Okay, in twenty twenty, the Chiefs whooped the Bills the Bills.
Speaker 2: Were there a year early.
Speaker 4: I don't count that one. The three sents, the thirteen seconds last year in Buffalo, and then on Sunday, they've all come down to the same thing.
Speaker 3: In my opinion, Uh.
Speaker 4: The narrative is going to be that Alan cannot beat Mahomes. And look, maybe I'm biased and stuff like that, but I watched those three games and I'm like, you're gonna tell me that the reason the Bills lost these games is because of seventeen. Like I know, look, he did not play great in the first half this week. He was definitely way too antsy. He had a couple of bad throws that got away from him, but then he had a couple of amazing plays to throw the touchdown to mccollins, the one inside the five to mac collins, the deep throat of Khaliel Shakir. And I know people are mad about the Toush push and stuff like that. I don't think people realize how much success the Bills had with the Toush push this year. Like it was legitimately unstoppable. It was a free first down every time they did it, or a free touchdown every time they did it. The Chiefs are just smarter and they are just better. They loaded up on the left side because something I've said a lot is like Josh Goo's left every single time, and the Chiefs were prepared for that.
Speaker 3: But then you had Gregory.
Speaker 4: Russo and I believe it was Torrents on the O line came out and they both and well defensive player, both were like We've never seen some of the stuff the Chiefs have done before. Like that, I think Andy Reid and Spags are the greatest coaching duo that I've ever seen together because like what the Patriots, it was all Belichick and the coordinators kept changing. Spags is a genius and is a huge portion of the success. Chris Jones is the best defensive playoff performer I have ever seen. He had seven QB pressures in the first half alone. The Bills had three as a team. He has worth more than that entire Bills D line. And this is something I've said for a while now. McDermott, I'm not even on the I was in the past. I think he has improved, and even more than that, I don't think there's any better options out there, so I don't think they move on. But he has shown us time and time again that Andy Reid is going to run circles around his defense every single time they meet up in the playoffs, and then the supporting cast I think shows up even more so. While Mahomes is the best, he's on him and he's chasing Brady, everyone else is chasing Mahomes.
Speaker 3: I agree with that.
Speaker 4: To me, when you compare these teams, the gap at quarterback is so much closer, in my opinion, than it is at coach. It is on defense and it is on special teams. So, yeah, the Bills got beat. I did think it was a first down.
Speaker 3: I was very annoyed that the first ref spotted it as a first and then they changed it, and yeah, like, I know why people are mad about the refs. There's that played.
Speaker 4: There was the catch, which I thought was ridiculous, like if both guys are fighting for it, it hits the ground. To me, that's as incomplete as incomplete could be. You had holes on special team that punt return. They gave them a free second to take it to the two minute warning.
Speaker 2: Like what was that about?
Speaker 4: So I see why people are upset about the refs, But this did not come down to the refs. Josh Allen had a chance to win the game. Steve Spagnola's defense showed up up. But if Dawn Kinkaid catches that ball, we are talking about that being the best throw of Josh Allen's career. And then you see the end zone angle the next morning it comes out and it's like, Yo, that was a great throw. Like Kinkaid was there, it hit him off the hands, and I tweeted, I was like, time is a depressing flat circle because last season against the Chiefs, Josh Allen made the throat of Stefon Diggs.
Speaker 3: That went through his hand. He made the throat to Trent Sherfield that went through his hand. So like, while the narrative is that the quarterback can't get the job done, to me as someone who watches it extremely close, and my hands were sweating, my knees were shaking on that final drive like it's everyone else, in my opinion, more so letting Josh down than it is Josh letting the Buffalo Bills down.
Speaker 2: I think that pretty much covers it.
Speaker 1: I'll say this, I saw something from Pat Doherty, Rotto Pat, who I thought summed up with Sean McDermott, is basically like you know, he's like in the past, I think you could.
Speaker 2: Put some of the losses on Sean McDermott.
Speaker 1: Probably not necessarily this, but have the Bills reached the point of hey man, maybe we risk a downgrade, but maybe it's time just to see what somebody else can do, which sort of sounds like where you've been with McDermott for a while now.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think the thirteen second game, which again like, oh, Alan can't beat Mahomes, let's not rewrite history, like he did not leave the field that they lead with thirteen seconds left and never touched the ball. Again like, yes, he can beat Patrick Mahomes. He's done it more than anyone has.
Speaker 4: I think that moment has poisoned McDermott in the locker room until this season, I felt like McDermott finally made all the adjustments that we wanted. I don't think he'll ever be able to beat Andy Reid. I've lost faith in that.
Speaker 3: Like, I know, we could say this isn't on him, but the Chiefs scored eight season high points in this game. The Chiefs have averaged thirty five per game against the Bills in the playoffs. The d lion continues to not show up every time they play. But I was down to make a change when it was like we could bring in Ben Johnson or someone like that that I thought maybe could put us over the top. I who's out there, like Bill Belichick? I I think he one.
Speaker 4: It's all futile as well. They are not firing Sean McDermott. I can guarantee you that today. So yeah, they're going to be back next year. I'm hoping they make a lot of changes because they finally have cap and stuff like that. But I until they I'm at the point now where until they beat the Chiefs, I'm sure next season I'll be like this is it's different this year. But right now I'm like, yeah, the Chiefs have deserved it, like they But what I was saying to Lakwan before the show was like, the Bills are going to take it on the chin this week, But point to me the team that has beaten Patrick Mahomes in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: I mean, Lakwan, of the three of us, you're the only ones sitting here whose team has not been victimized by Mahomes in the postseason.
Speaker 3: Thankfully, Thank you, Jam You should thank Loamo for that.
Speaker 2: Literally, like you're the only ones.
Speaker 1: You're the only team of the three of us who have not been victimized in the postseason.
Speaker 3: I don't have that secret hatred forms. I just don't want the Chiefs to hit the three people.
Speaker 1: I don't think for most of America it's hatred. It's just fatigue. Yeah, I think I think everybody's just tired.
Speaker 3: I think it's more. I think it's getting to hatred because of like the whole ref narrative and right or wrong. Please point to me the last significant crucial call that didn't go the Chiefs with against the Patriots in twenty nineteen, like or twenty eighteen whenever that was. It's all politics, man, there's politics in sports. It is what it is. He's on the right side of it.
Speaker 2: I like my job at the NFL.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we will obviously next week we'll dive into the Super Bowl matchup. I know it's the one that I think most of America least wanted to see, but it's what we got.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna die to that last week as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, we're gonna say, breaking back to our exit interviews were still stuff to dive it those be a beefy first block. We'll get into the rest of it here just a second on the NFL Fantasy Football Show. All right, now that we've had that moment of Catharsis, we get back into the business of exit interviews as we dive into picks seventeen through twenty coming up here in the NFL Draft, which I was reminded by the way it's in Green Bay. I've never been to Green Bay, Wisconsin. I hear it's lovely, especially if you're a Packer fan. I feel like being outdoors in Green Bay, Wisconsin in April might not be great.
Speaker 2: But what do I know.
Speaker 3: They got cheese curves. Apparently they're good.
Speaker 2: Hey man, I'm not knocking cheese curves. Man. The Canadians see what they were doing with poutine. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Let's start the pick number seventeen with the Cincinnati Bengals.
Speaker 2: What went right?
Speaker 1: Joe Burrow absolutely, especially in the latter part of the season. I just shy of five thousand passing yards, forty three touchdowns, nine interceptions. He was the QB four Jamar Chase over seventeen hundred receiving yards.
Speaker 2: He was the wide receiver.
Speaker 1: One, Lakwan, I know you have said you are not under any circumstances taking a running back in the first round. Is Jamar Chase here one dot zero one?
Speaker 2: Yes, he is?
Speaker 3: By default consensus. Probably we get closer to summer, it's one on one Jamar Chase.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, he was fantastic. I don't think a lot of people are gonna fight with you on that one.
Speaker 3: I think that's my safest take in the last couple of years.
Speaker 1: He's gonna be one of the more lukewarm takes out there, if you would be like, yeah, okay, sure. Chase Brown had more than thirteen hundred scrimmage yards. He had eleven total touchdowns. He was the RB ten. Te Higgins, who was banged up at times this year when he was healthy, has certainly played well seventy three catches, nine hundred and eleven yards, ten receiving touchdowns. He was the wide receiver twenty two. The things that went wrong Zach Moss, who was not playing particularly well at the beginning, Vin had a neck injury and went on the IR after nine games, finished as the RB fifty. So Florida, I know te Higgins is out there free agency. Joe Burrow has certainly made the point that he wants him to come back. I'm sure Bengals fans would love to have him back. But if he does not come back, does that one? Does that lock in Jamar Chase as the undisputed one, dot one and two?
Speaker 2: Who else would we look at in that passing game?
Speaker 4: Yes to the first question, I think I think Jamar Chase is because his numbers with him without T Higgins are like, they're all always good. He's Jamar Chase, He's got Joe Burrow at quarterback, but I would be surprised if Ti Higgins is back. Bengals are eleventh and cat, but they still have to pay Jamar Chase, and obviously they need to add to that defense because you could have all of these guys, but if you can't stop anyone, your season's gonna probably look like it did this past year. I think I think the Bengals shown us what their intentions were last year when they drafted Jermaine Burton. I think he was supposed to be the one that takes over for T Higgins. Then it wins about a year as you could have for him.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna guess that their number two target is not currently on the roster, either they draft a wide receiver or they signed someone. But I would be surprised because of not just of their situation, but because te Higgins is the crown jewel at the wide receiver position this year, like he might get twenty five million a year or something like that. So I don't think it's gonna be the Bengals.
Speaker 4: And to me, my like, obviously we need to know where he ends up and stuff, but I do I think he takes a bigger hit potentially than Jamar Chase going because he's been having the number two corners on him for a while now and all that attention that Chase gets, it's gonna be the exact opposite if he goes somewhere.
Speaker 3: And is the number one.
Speaker 1: Note to self, do not spin fourth round pick on andre Yoshivas.
Speaker 3: The dude will have eight touchdown catches though.
Speaker 1: Fill a whole bunch of suxchdown catches, but like you know, forty forty receptions that will be it.
Speaker 3: But that just goes more so of like why they should pay t Higgins, Like they should break the bank for both him and Chase, because there's no real replacements out there. I mean, not even a Cooper Cup can even fill in T higgins shoes if he was to leave. And it's like, you have all these older free agents. You have Elijah Moore, you have Keenan Allen. I mean, look Van Jefferson, like DeMarcus Robinson, Darius like these are available options for free Okay. One of those wide receivers did not belong in that group. Yeah, I mean, look I just did in order that I'm like, no.
Speaker 2: I'm just read it.
Speaker 3: But more so it just goes to the case like there's no real replacement even in this draft to replace T Higgins because we all know he's a one elsewhere. Like the Bengals are in a situation, a rare luxury situation to have two wide receiver ones on the same team, So why would you want to break that up for another project? In the draft where Jermaine Burton failed, like I would have PTSD with that. You know he had a character issue, but still it's a young, developing rookie wide receiver you're coming in to fill the shoes of a Tiggins. There's no way we see Joe Burrow play at the level he's played last season. Without T Higgins, even with Jamar Chase, You're gonna get fatigue, You're gonna get injuries. We're overworking him. Like, I just feel like it will be a huge mistake if they let T. Higgins walk out of that building, like you fix the cap.
Speaker 1: I mean, you would think so, right, But this is also the Bengals that are notorious for not necessarily breaking the bank on guys. That has been that has been the franchises moo pretty much forever. Maybe they change it this year, or maybe they try to go after another cheap option. Now, the Jermaine Burton thing was probably one we should have seen coming more than we did, because that was the reason he fell in the draft. So it was it was a surprise, first of all that the Bengals drafted him where they did, because you know, the expectation was he might fall to day three at some point. And then on top of it, you wondered, Okay, well do they have the personnel, do they have the sort of the system in place to kind of get his mind on try And it would appear that the answer is no. I mean, let's just be honest, right, I Mean, he was on and off the field, he was getting suspended. He was not you know, he was getting left at home on road trips stuff like that. So like they obviously didn't have the system in place to make sure that he was the professional they needed him to be. What this means for his future, I will say, doesn't look good and it does make you wonder whether or not because considering the depth of wide receivers coming out of college every year, whether or not the Bengals take another swing at it when you figure they have not a ton of investment in Jermaine Burton at this point.
Speaker 4: Really, Jamar Chase said prior to the year, he wants more than justin Jefferson, and then he went out and had won the Triple Crown, like he's gonna get over thirty five million year, I think, And if t Higgins is gonna get over twenty a year, I mean, two teams do it. The Eagles and the Dolphins are paying two wide receivers over fifty million a year, but these two guys would probably be over sixty.
Speaker 1: And that's one of those two team just going to the Super Bowl. The other one is sort of figuring out what went wrong this year.
Speaker 3: So the formula is there, though.
Speaker 1: Your results may vary on that. Before we move off to Bengals real quick, lukwan uh. Chase Brown? Can he be a top ten running back again next year?
Speaker 3: Something tells me they're gonna invest, They're gonna they're gonna go out there and bring a guy in. I mean, Zach Walts was supposed to work, but he got hurt. So the emergence of Chase Brown really happened with you know, him getting injured. I mean, the weird accusation of a Khalil Herbert that never really happened. But I just feel like he can be the guy if they don't go to the draft and bringing the guy or free agency. But I honestly think they're gonna bring somebody in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I like Chase Brown. I like him a lot.
Speaker 1: I was end up getting the workload he did just by circumstance, and I'm with you, I sort of wonder whether or not they're gonna do that again coming up this year for sure.
Speaker 3: A good draft for it, good draft.
Speaker 1: For it, we'll see. Let's move order to Seattle Seahawks because they are the eight team. They were ten and seven last year. I should have mentioned, by the way, the Bengals were nine and eight. See Seahawks ten and seven. What went right for sure Jackson Smith and Jigbo, who really elevated himself from the number three receiver to by the end of the year was kind of the number one receiver. Hundred ketches over eleven hundred yards, six touchdowns, wide receiver seven. That being said, Floria, where we draft in Jasn next year? Round three? Is that reasonable?
Speaker 4: My first thought was round four? So in that range, I would love him so much more as a two.
Speaker 2: Zero.
Speaker 3: Part of me wants him as my one.
Speaker 4: And that's not so much about him as one who's gonna be calling the plays.
Speaker 3: Right, like, we gotta see that two. Is it gonna be Gino again? I know Gino had it was a very mixed bag year.
Speaker 4: Like he had a lot of yards, not a lot of touchdowns. I love Jaysn as a prospect coming out all of that. He is also the only Seahawks receiver I really what would want. But yeah, it's much more as a two and it's very price dependent. Just it's more about his quarterback and his offense though than it is him, because I believe he is insanely talented.
Speaker 2: But I just.
Speaker 3: I also have a little bit of pause if Seattle's going to change their approach because last year they were like, we're gonna throw downfield, We're gonna run a quick, tempoed offense and everything. There's a defensive minded head coach there. They didn't make the playoffs. I wonder if he's gonna be like, I want to put things more on my side of the ball and control the clock more and stuff like that rather than trying to sling it around the field.
Speaker 1: Well, they did hire Clint Kubiak as their offensive coordinator coming from New Orleans.
Speaker 2: So I mean, zero pers are excited. There's nothing about it. There's nothing exciting about it.
Speaker 1: But also, I mean just so many things went wrong injury wise in New Orleans too that I don't know. I feel like that's when we really got to take a deeper dive into and sort of.
Speaker 3: They started off hot though, I mean they were.
Speaker 1: They were the hottest thing on four legs at the start of the season, and then everything went sideways.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but who do they It was like the Giants and like the Panthers or something like.
Speaker 2: That, Panthers and Cowboys.
Speaker 1: But yeah, they scored a combined ninety one points in their first two games, and then I think it took them like a month to score ninety one points combined after that.
Speaker 2: So the things that went.
Speaker 1: Wrong though in Seattle, DK, it wasn't the things went wrong, just a lot of things wentn't meh right, DK Metcalf was wide receiver thirty five, just shy of one thousand yards. Kenneth Walker did not have the healthiest season he got you just just shy of nine hundred scrimmage yards, had eight total touchdowns. Gino Smith, you mentioned to Florio, you know, not a ton of touchdowns, a decent number of yards forty three hundred yards, twenty one CDs, fifteen, interceptions QB fifteen. So I asked, where you're drafting jsn Lakwan, Where are you drafting DK next year?
Speaker 3: Me personally, I'm not. But in my mock I got him in the fourth round and I have at three h nine and that's like right next to Marvin Harrison junior. But I don't know if DK brings that appeal with this new offensive coordinator either, Like it's it was just a lot of frustration on the sidelines this season, Like it was just a lot of confusion now you're bringing in another offensive coordinator, which I won't say he's not proven, but we just haven't seen him, you know, put you know, belt the butt you know on the offense on a consistent basis. You know, like it's only the two games that we could really have high hopes for and it's like this one will probably be a lot of play action, a lot of motion you know, going on with JSN hopefully if that's how they utilize him. But if this offense can get up and going, like you know, you might want to take the discount on DK if you are interested on drafting him. Because he didn't have one of his best seasons either, No, I.
Speaker 2: Mean he really didn't.
Speaker 1: I mean again to the point that by the end of the year, we all looked at Jackson Smith in but as the wide receiver one there in Seattle. So it does mean that you know, Metcalff is coming at a discount, is he?
Speaker 2: Though? I say fourth round, Like, I don't know how much of a discount that is, right, Well.
Speaker 3: If it's gonna be a heavy wide receiver draft when most straps were this season, I mean, some of these guys get pulled up to a round that seems nasty on paper, but I want no part of the look. It's because I let myself get sucked.
Speaker 4: In last year after saying at the end of the season prior, like, yeah, I'm probably not taking DK anymore. I let the new OC and everything. He one time in his career he's been top twenty at wide receiver in points per game.
Speaker 3: Like, so him getting.
Speaker 4: Drafted outside the top twenty is taking him where he's finished every year but one in his career. So, like, I get that the upside is there, but I like DK is what DK is. In my opinion, most games are gonna he's very up or down. He's gonna have a game where he catches like three touchdowns for it goes for one hundred and fifty yards, and then he's gonna have a bunch of down weeks. And I don't know, like maybe it's.
Speaker 3: Just because he's driven me crazy over the years, but like I'm kinda like, I don't I don't want to do this again.
Speaker 1: No, I think the other part that you have to talk about is we've seen the absolute ceiling for Gino Smith. That twenty twenty two season was his absolute ceiling.
Speaker 2: Forty two hundred yards thirty touchdowns.
Speaker 1: Right since then he's throwing twenty touchdowns and then this past year was twenty one touchdowns. So you also have to ask yourself, can Gino Smith support two wide receivers at a really high level?
Speaker 2: And I think the answer is not really. I think he can get you.
Speaker 1: He can maybe have a wide receiver one and then a wide receiver too, or you can get you two high end wide receiver twos. I think that is sort of the best case you could expect out of Geno Smith. He's not going anywhere obviously, anytime soon, so this is going to be your quarterback for the time being there in Seattle, barring injury or him just completely imploding. I don't see that second part happening, so and I don't wish for the first thing. So I think this is sort of what it is when you look at that Seahawks offense. For sure, take a break, come back. We got two more teams to talk about in our exit interviews. NEI will wrap this one up here on the NFL Fantasy Football podcast. Drafting at the number nineteen spots. It's the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. They were ten and seven this past year, made it to the postseason. Baker Mayfield again a thing that went right. Forty five hundred passing yards, forty one passing touchdowns.
Speaker 2: He was the QB five.
Speaker 1: Mike Evans did it again, one thousand and four receiving yards. Shout out to the Bucks for on their very last offensive play of the regular season, in a game that they already had won, lined up and ran a wide receiver screen to Mike Evans to get him over that thousand yard mark. I think that was the thing that universally we all were like, yeah, man, that was great. Like I feel like sports social media just universally was like, that was awesome. Thank you so much for that wide receiver thirteen. Despite missing a handful of games with injuries, Bucky Irving was a revelation this year. Over eleven hundred rushing yards nearly four hundred receiving yards. He was the RB fifteen.
Speaker 2: So, knowing Florio that.
Speaker 1: That running backs are probably getting pushed down the board a little bit, where are we drafting Bucky Irving?
Speaker 2: See third round? I mean whybys seem really really high on him right now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, But I do think if it depends on what their offense looks like, next year and who the oc is. I was thinking third fourth round, like late third, early fourth round, but Rashad White is He's what we thought he was like. He is not a good runner. He could be utilized as like a pass catcher, but his existence there is a thorn in this side of Bucky Irving because he will take some of those very valuable targets away, which Bucky has the potential to be an RB one. But if Rashad White is there and playing third downs in two minute drills and stuff like he was this year, then I think it kind of caps Irving as like a high end ur that I'll have some RB one weeks. But even more than that, it's what we keep talking about. The first two rounds are probably gonna be a ton of wide receivers, so more of these fringe like I could see him going similar to where like and I'm not saying he's gonna have the same season as him, but think back to like Travis Etn last year, where he was a third round pick in most drafts, but in some wide receiver heavy drafts, he'd see him slide a little bit. I could see Bucky.
Speaker 3: Going in that sort of range next year.
Speaker 1: From Week twelve, which is the week after their bye, to the end of the season three week eighteen, he was the RB six, averaged just over eighteen points per game.
Speaker 2: Did Bucky Irving?
Speaker 1: I mean, people seem really really excited about him, and I've seen people talk about he's already one of the best running backs just pure running backs in the league. But as you mentioned, yeah, yes, a new offensive coordinator and Rashad White still there.
Speaker 4: So I'm gonna throw out some names. Tell me when when you would stop and you would take Bucky Irving. Okay, Jamior Gibbs, Saquon Barkley, Bijon Derrick, Henry, Devon ah Chan, Josh Jacobs, Hyan Williams, James Cook, Alvin Kamara, Chase Brown, James Connor, and Jonathan Taylor. Those were the twelve running backs maybe at Camara, maybe that's eight you would definitely take ahead of them, I mean, just because of what potentially is coming in New Orleans this year, because that's sort of a mess.
Speaker 2: What about Breece Hall, I'm taking Breece over Bucky.
Speaker 3: I'm taking Brace. What about Devon A.
Speaker 2: Chan.
Speaker 3: That's where I got him in my mock right next to a Chan at that three oh seven, three oh eight, I.
Speaker 4: Think I still take a Chan over Bucky Irving. A Chan was a top five running back this year. I'm taking him all day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I still think I still take a Chan over Bucky Irving.
Speaker 4: And he did that with two a missing time. I think a Chan is gonna be a top two round pick easily.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: With Tua he was lights out, So yeah, one hundred percent doing that anyway. That gets us to who will deliver? Presented by Uber Eats. One of the things that did not go well for the Buccaneers was Chris Godwin.
Speaker 2: Mostly just because injuries.
Speaker 1: Ankle injury put him on ir after just seven games fifty catches, five hundred and seventy six yards, five touchdowns. He ended up as the wide receiver fifty one this year. But he is a free agent, you know, and we'll see whether or not he decides to walk or if he sticks in Tampa Bay. But lakwan, if he does not re sign with the Bucks, what does this mean for Jalen McMillan, who we loved and who came to life late in the season, especially catching touchdowns. Could he end up being the twenty twenty five version of JSN. If Chris Godwin is not there.
Speaker 3: I would pump the brakes on that just with the offensive coordinator change. And you know, I think a lot of what was installed for him, and it worked for him because he mirrored kind of what Chris Godwin had for him with Liam Colin. And I think, you know, I have to just be realistic here, being that I could see him finishing outside the top forty, top fifty, you know, wide receivers, because there's just an unknown there of what's going on. I just feel like, you know, he had an awesome rookie campaign on the back end of the season, but we need to be realistic if, like with these changes, is he still going to be the same players He's still going to have that same opportunity because if Chris Godwin leaves, there's still going to be a holder that they need another reliable wide receiver who says that they're going to be done.
Speaker 1: Adding, Yeah, I mean I think that's sort of it. I mean, but that being said against loyal no Chris Godwin. In our hypothetical here, McMillan, is he a top twenty five wide.
Speaker 2: Receiver, top thirty? Where are you looking at top thirty.
Speaker 3: I think I'm excited for him because I think what teams are starting to do nowadays is they're drafting the replacement a year before that other player leaves. And I think McMillan was brought in to kind of behind Godwin this year, which he did until Godwin got hurt, and then he really stepped up. I think the Bucks know that there's a good chance that they lose Chris Godwin this year.
Speaker 4: Now they want him back, and if he comes back, this changes everything because he'll be playing ahead of McMillan still. But if he leaves, I think even if the Bucks bring in another wide receiver, McMillan could be that slot guy. He's already excelled in that role. Him and Baker clearly have the chemistry. The OC determines a lot. But I think the fact that we've seen this Bucks offense perform now with numerous offense coordinators.
Speaker 3: Now, they've both been great in Canalis and Cohen. But if they bring in another sharp offensive mind, I think this offense could stay afloat and could keep getting especially Mike Evans as great as he is, he's getting close to that age cliff, so there could be a potential scenario where McMillan ends up sooner than later being their wide receiver.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, look, Mike Evans is going to be thirty two when next season starts. Definitely not old old, but look man, he's He's had one thousand yards eleven straight years. At some point it does come to an end, presumably, and so you do have to sort of start to prepare for that moment when it does come. I'm willing to take the shot, and as a top thirty receiver on McMillan, I think the rapport that all the pieces have together with Baker and Evans, and see what Baker and McMillan did last year kind of makes you optimistic, even without knowing who the play caller is going to be.
Speaker 3: You know what's fantasy guys are sucker for young players.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we always love shining new things.
Speaker 3: I'm out noy Hey, hey hater?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Anyway, that was Rule Deliver, presented by Uber Eats, where you can get the best deals on game day food all season long, official on demand delivery partner of the NFL Order. Now our last team in this edition of the Exit Interviews, the number twenty pick in this upcoming draft belongs to the Denver Broncos. They were ten and seven. Bonnicks. One of the things that went right. I think we all became bow Lievers at some point during the season. Three seven hundred and seventy five passing yards, twenty nine touchdowns, twelve picks. Also four hundred and thirty rushing yards and four rushing touchdowns. Even had a receiving touchdown this year. But Nick's a bit of everything.
Speaker 2: QB nine, so that was great. But lakwan, are we really drafting bow Knicks as at QB one next year?
Speaker 3: Yes? Wow, yes, yes I am. I don't care about who else is on this trend, but I am just going to take that confidence because they're just going to add to that offense. If they add Chris Godwin, then we're so in right, like we will be so in on bow Knicks. If they add a wide receiver for that caliber, you're adding more weapons to the offense. The old line was one of the best out there. He's best to create on his feet. Like, I'm just super all in. I'm the biggest bowliever. If there was a Justin Bieber, Like, what is it? The believers? I am one of them. Yeah, Yeah, I'm so standing for bo Knicks in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: I thought I was a true bow leiever, but maybe I'm not. Where do you fall on this florio.
Speaker 3: I am not in nearly as Look, I'm excited for bo Nicks.
Speaker 4: I thought what he had his rookie year was phenomenal. But and maybe this is I could easily be wrong on this. I think of all the rookie quarterbacks, bo Nix is the closest to his ceiling in this league because twenty four years old, five years in college, and I know you could say Jade and Daniels did all of that as well, But I felt like watching bo Nicks this year, like he did phenomenal in the system and what he was asked to do. But I thought a lot of it was the fact that he's in this system and Sean Payton and everything.
Speaker 3: So that's all gonna be back next year. But I'm wondering what, Like, I'm more concerned.
Speaker 4: About his sophomore slump with him as well, because teams are gonna now look at the tape figure out what he does well and stuff like that. At no point did I watch both like I watch jayde and Daniels play and I'm like, this kid is amazing. He is the future. I watch bon Nicks play and I'm like, the future is bright and den They found their quarterback of the future here. But at no point was I like, this kid is one of the gonna be one of the best in the league. So I think, like to me, I think the up side. That's why I said a couple weeks ago, like I'd rather have Drake May. I think there's more upside there. I'd rather have Kleb. I think there's more upside there. But I think bow Knicks gets drafted as a QB one. The issue I have is I think some people are gonna pull them up too high up the board and start taking them closer to QB five than QB twelve, and that's not something I could get behind.
Speaker 1: I think my evaluation of bow Knix was, hey, this turned out better than I thought it would.
Speaker 2: I mean, that was that was sort of it.
Speaker 1: And I think even then it was mostly from a fantasy perspective, like, obviously he helped them get into the playoffs. They squeak in at ten and seven, you know, obviously they get rolled by the Bills. Really, no shame in that for the Broncos because I think you were sort of ahead a schedule. But I think in terms of actual football, let's look at the division. I mean, you know, the Raiders we talked about and they're sort of a mess right now trying to figure things out. But when it comes to quarterbacks in the AFC West, we know you're taking Mahomes ahead.
Speaker 2: Of bow Knicks. That's not a question.
Speaker 1: You're still taking Justin Herbert ahead of bow Knicks, right, yes, right right, in terms of actual football. Now I'm not talking about fantasy but actual football. Yes, yes, I don't have Justin Herbert then bow Knicks. So that being said, the Broncos right now, the best hope is to continue to sort of squeak in as a wild card.
Speaker 2: And I'm with you Florio.
Speaker 1: I think I think we sort of he's not at the ceiling yet, but you know, if he stands up, he's gonna bump his head.
Speaker 2: Yes, I like that, So I mean that's I think that's sort of where we are.
Speaker 1: Courtland Sutton eighty one catches over a thousand yards, eight receiving touchdowns, even had a passing touchdown. He was wide receiver fifteen. I feel like Courtland Sutton's just one of those guys who's sort of steady. You know, there's not really much to get to really talk about. He's a nice player.
Speaker 3: Aaron McLaurin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're not.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna you're not breaking a bank for him, but you know you're not upset about having him on your roster.
Speaker 2: That's sort of where we are there. So what went wrong?
Speaker 1: So written down here is Javonte Williams five hundred and thirteen rush yards, three hundred and forty six receiving yards RB thirty one. I feel like we could have oscol also just put Broncos backfield and that would have been there equally correct.
Speaker 2: Look on, we're not drafting of Broncos back next year, are we? We're just not.
Speaker 3: I can't muster up, you know, a hype trained to do that. I mean no, I mean not even if they hit the draft and they hit one of the running backs I like, or they bring into my own free agency, no, like, I just don't want any parts of it. It was a very very hard, you know, decision making when you have all your estimate and Javonte Williams on your roster and you're just like, well, I'm done.
Speaker 1: It was the lesser of two, honestly, med but it's less than them Florida.
Speaker 2: I mean Javonte five.
Speaker 1: Hundred and thirteen rush yards, Jeel mcgloff in four ninety six estimate three to ten.
Speaker 2: There's just nothing there to be excited about.
Speaker 3: It was awful, like it It was worse if you lived it then if you look at.
Speaker 2: Those results, because as.
Speaker 4: Someone who had a decent amount of Javonte Williams, because I was like, yo, he looked good in the preseason and he's going as like an RB.
Speaker 3: Three and I'm going wide receiver heavy. So the only week it was fun was the week.
Speaker 4: They played the Saints on Thursday Night football, and I sat him because he had done nothing up until that point. So like, that's kind of what this backfield is. There's no rhyme or reason to it. Remember, for weeks, Payne was like, we gotta get autric estimate more involved than he had that one game where he had like twelve carries or whatever, and then the next week he had no touches.
Speaker 3: Like it's just maddening and frustrating. And then Jalio he sprinkled within all that chaos, and it's like, what am I supposed to do with this?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: By the end of the year, when I.
Speaker 4: Was writing starts, sit, I get to sit running backs, and I would just autumn.
Speaker 3: I wouldn'tven look at the matchup. I would just write Broncos running backs, and I want zero percent to do with that backfield next year.
Speaker 2: You should just send yourself time.
Speaker 1: You should have just been like, sit Broncos running backs, you know why, and then just moved on to the next one.
Speaker 3: Right, and you know, well, Jamonti is a free agent though, so maybe he things and you get back on there.
Speaker 2: I think it's a wrap for him, at least in any any major role.
Speaker 4: Remember when him and Michael Carter, Him and Michael Carter are gonna be like the future coming out of UNC.
Speaker 3: Michael Carter gets spelled by Ty Johnson.
Speaker 2: Nice. Yeah, just yeah.
Speaker 1: At this point, I mean, Javonte, he's gonna be heading into year five. He's had injuries, he hasn't played well.
Speaker 2: I just maybe.
Speaker 1: Somebody signs him, but he's never gonna get a huge role. It's never gonna be what we wanted it, what I wanted it to be.
Speaker 2: Raiders, would you be interested if the Raiders. No, not really offense, no, because they got agent and that hurts a.
Speaker 3: Chan but well, oh yeah, you're right.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean like it just sometimes we just gotta just say, this wasn't meant to be. And I think with Javonte just it just wasn't meant to be.
Speaker 3: Apparently, I see Marcus heart slowly breaking.
Speaker 1: It is man, I just because I had so I was so excited. And when he got drafted by the Broncos and they had Melvin Gordon there, I had a sad and Adam Rank talked me out of it and it was like it's gonna be fine, and I really tried to buy into it. It was an rookie year. He had nine hundred rushing yards and I was like, Okay, things are gonna be fine. And then, for whatever reason, Sean Payton treats Davonte Williams like he kicked his dog or something like.
Speaker 2: I don't really get.
Speaker 3: Goodness for Marvin Mems. I guess the future.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's nice to know that he and Sean Payton have been introduced to one another. That's good. It took two years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh you were in a last year when oh ye're like, you know, last year was like Sean Payn's we should get Marvin Memes more involved. It was the Tom rat was it was that sim Robinson in a hot dog suit. Like we're all trying to find a guy who did this, Like you're the guy who could put him on the field.
Speaker 2: Do it worked up at the end of the show, this is not supposed to happen.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go I'm gonna drink some water with some limon in it. I'm gonna calm down. I'm gonna get ready for the next show on Thursday. We'll continue our exit interviews and uh, I don't know, we'll do some Pro Bowl something.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Figure out how to fill in the rest of the show.
Speaker 3: Let's go outline and do some activities.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they should go out and see what's going happen in these fantasy streets. I've been inside. All right, I'm gonna wrap this thing up. That'll do it for this edition at the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast, they happy, saveing ld, do good and live well. I enjoyed the next couple of days, folks. We'll talk to you on Thursday. A