Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 2: I'm Sherry Harris, owner of Life Source Water. As a new grandmother in lifelong Californian, I care about what's in the water my family uses every day. For over forty years, our whole house water system has protected Bay Area families with filtered water from every tap. Now we are offering a double dip in savings free basic installation plus an extra two hundred and fifty dollars off. That's up to twelve hundred dollars in savings. Call our factory at one eight hundred Water ninety nine or visit Life sourcewater dot com. Hurry offer in September thirty.
Speaker 3: Warranty limitations applying.
Speaker 1: My graduates from my school being forts Bag, drop Bag Drop, Mike drot Bag, drop bag drop.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, welcome back. This is an extremely highly anticipated episode. Before we start, we gotta let you know. So you know, we got a lot a lot of requests to extend the sale for Eyle University and it was supposed to get shut down on January one, but as you know, Ayle University, or as you might not know, it's actually ending as its current form and graduate school will begin. So we was planning on launching and graduate school. January first ran to some technical difficulties, had to make sure everything was right with the website and all that, so we pushed it back a week. So you guys still have seven days to join at the current price. The price made double may, tripping, may quadruple. We have to know, but it's going to be completely revamped. It's gonna be a different situation. But ey University includes over one hundred past webinars, weekly webinars, access to our movie club, access to our book club, access to our Facebook group, bi weekly vial estate calls with MG the mortgage guy, and once a month financial planning calls with me. All of that is included in the Eyo University membership. So if you're interested, you can or to Eyo university dot com right now and into promo code e y l at checkout for forty percent off. You got five days. Yeah, So you know, this is one of these situations where it is the momentum has built pretty substantially over the last year, and him five hundred has really grown an online community, and he's done it diligently, and he's done it in real life. We actually got a chance to see a lot of his work. Want to see his conference, and it's very impressive what he's put together. So we've talked about credit before and shout out to everybody that's been on our platform. Ey University and EYL has talked about credit and the credit dude. And but for the most part, the credit that we've talked about is like on the along the lines of like how to repair your credit or how to establish you know, basic level established credit, which is important. We need that levels of understand but you know, it's like there's different sectors of credit and just different sectors of financial literacy. So him five hundred, he focuses on a variety of different things. But I guess what he's been known for the most is how to turn credit into cash. And it's a lot of cool stuff as far as like working with credit and understanding how to utilize cards, understanding how to utilize cards, understanding all kinds.
Speaker 4: Of we don't seen it all in real life, yea, all.
Speaker 3: Kinds of stuff, and yeah, it happened in real life. Like I said, you know, we shout out to the whole crew in Atlanta. I don't want to to get anybody, but you know, Alex him five hundred Gooch Maddy j just two weeks out, two weeks out, Yeah, everybody her five hundred. Yeah, most that's a fact. So we we go down there. He realize that they got a whole movement of entrepreneurs out there that's doing that thing. And the young they're black, they're all networking with each other. And him five hundred is the he's one of the members of the crew. And everything that he he raps about, he talks about real life.
Speaker 4: They said, he's a positive pressure guy. Yo, you got that car, you need to get this call.
Speaker 3: It's like these rappers, like some rappers actually live it. Some rappers just rapping about it. But everything he talks about he actually lives and we saw it firsthand. So this is an exciting conversation. I'm excited to have it. We're going to talk about a wide variety of hacks, financial literacy, credit stuff that you can't google. This information you can't google. That's what you got.
Speaker 4: This is in a safe you got you can't crack the safe on this.
Speaker 3: I like that. So Marcus Barney aka him five hundred, Welcome to EYL. Thank you for joining us.
Speaker 4: And I appreciate you guys having me. I appreciate it. I'm excited.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, yeah, yeah, So let's let's jump right into it. So you have a whole community and you teach thousands of people. But it didn't always start like that, right, So from my understanding, you started as a manager in the cell phone store.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I getting started, one of the things that I noticed was, I mean, early on what I started was that was actually doing self phone repair. But I started with real estate at eighteen in California. But that was two thousand and six, market crash two thousand and seven, two thousand and eight, I moved to Atlanta. So when I moved to Atlanta, I found myself doing cell phone repairing cell phones, like doing run around the city fixing everybody's cell phones, and ended up landing me in a cell phone repair shop, and I partnered with the owner and then I started to run a cell phone shop for him on a cell phone repair shot.
Speaker 3: Okay, so how did that morph into because I know there was some trials and tribulations up to them, How did that turn into what you're doing now?
Speaker 1: Honestly, that's one of the things that I don't even think a lot of people don't know, share a little bit of insights that I ran into a time at that age, between the age of eighteen and twenty five. I always tell people it's like the most trying time for a young man. And I let money get ahead of me right I started making I probably was making seven to ten thousand dollars a month at the time, had maybe thirty forty thousand dollars in savings. And so as it started to grow, I started to become addicted to money, you know. And as money starts to play a part, it plays, it agreed comes in the play. And what happened was is that the owner Sprint, came and told us, basically, if you don't have three locations, you have to shut your repair center down. What a repair center was making us about twenty plus thousand a month with me running it, I was bringing I was taking fifty percent, he was taking fifty percent. He put it in. He was like, yo, well listen, give me some time. I'm gonna figure something out. But at this time on everybody was like buying iPhones, you know, on the black market, to resell to send overseas. And this is when Sprint first started doing it. So people will come in and people will try to buy iPhones from us for like three four hundred bucks over regular price, but we got paid off the contract. Well, he was like, yo, if I may have an account that probably can order like a few hundred iPhones, you think that the people will buy them. Like, I'm sure they'll buy guaranteed.
Speaker 4: It's like the first iPhone.
Speaker 1: This is the it was multiple but it was when they first came to Sprint. So I'm like, yeah, for sure they're buying. I put the phone call in. He brought the account ordered one hundred, one hundred iPhones, one hundred and fifty iPhones. They was worth one hundred thousand dollars. Well, we sold them, split it and twenty two years old. I don't know the back end yet. I don't really know business.
Speaker 4: He said. Insurance are covered MI.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, Well he found out the rough and the rugged truth insurance only covered six thousand dollars. Since insurance covered six thousand dollars, you owe ninety four thousand on one hundred thousand dollars worth of iPhones. They already then came out and looked into it. Nobody figured out what happened where they got ordered from nothing, but since it came under his story ID it came back a year later he goes and submits information and say, well, it came from this IP address, and if it came from this IP address, he did it and threw me under the bus. And at this time, now I'm twenty three, twenty four, twenty three almost twenty four, were going back and forth to court and my lawyer just go He's just like, yo, listen, it's nothing concrete saying you did it. But I've seen people convicted on less and I would hate for you to go and fight it and still lose. And I'm like his role, he said, you can put that in there, like basically, if you tell and go to prison, you're still going to Now you're going to go to prison with the jacket on like a jail.
Speaker 4: You told. So what's your options is it go to jail or repay? Did they give you that option? Like you got to pay this ninety four thousand or go to jail.
Speaker 1: So that's what they what they did was it's crazy, listen. This is one of the reasons and I always say it, I'm thankful I had a white lawyer for so long. We didn't see eye to eye.
Speaker 4: I let him go.
Speaker 1: I was going back and forth to court, and I hire one of my friend's wife to be my lawyer. She was a lawyer. She came to court and when she came to court, she came to court with a Louis bag, diamond bracelet, nice watch, a diamond ring, right. And I look and I go, you like you look popping keep it a buck like you pop it right. And I'm just thinking to myself, like I'm fin think get grilled. We walk in and DA switched. It was nothing but black women. DA's It was a new black girl, D eight and all her assistants and her whole team was black women. Every other lawyer in the courtroom that day was white white men. They some kind of black girl magic happened. She came back and she said, well, listen, how much you feel comfortable that you owe? What's your rep what's the part you feel like you?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: I said sixty thousand. She was like okay, they said, you pay the sixty thousand back, you get probation, and you get first offenders like it never happened. And I'm looking at thinking to myself, I've been fighting this case two years going back and forth court and it's over. She yeah, it's over sixty thousand and it's over. But the part, the most trying part, was through the time. I've never been in that situation. So through that time, I don't know what life is because I don't got control. Now I'm like, yo, I have no control over my life. I've never been in a situation where since eighteen i've been in real estate, I've always been ahead and in control. I felt like I ran, like I ran my life, and then I realized, like, yo, you better be on the right path to run your life because this can be gone like this. And so from there that's when I realized, like we closed it out. I got that behind me, and then I started figuring out, you know, me, I worked in banks, so like knowing all the bank procedures, but I know I can't go back if this hold was above me. You know, I couldn't do it while I was fighting the case. So at that point, that's when really I started really learning and digging into credit because I had to figure out, like, yo, I have to now have my own loop, my financial backing, because there's nowhere else for me to get you know, I can't go to work. Kind of money I want to make, I can't go to work, So I need some kind of fund, some kind of trust fund behind me. And I started digging into credit, really getting heavy into that, and then leveraging everything I did working at the banks, and ended up actually even going back to a bank, getting back in and kind of helping people. And then that's when the credit stuff started, because I couldn't work a job because I was used to making money already.
Speaker 4: That's crazy, man, I mean I read your story. It was like, you've always been an entrepreneur, and so to even have the sixty thousands to beat that that, I mean, that's pretty remarkable.
Speaker 1: So I had to make payments. I'm not gonna front. I mean I had to make I had to make payments to get it.
Speaker 3: Then, yeah, I mean, but yeah, I mean that's one of those things where it's like, sometimes everything happens for a reason, well not even sometimes. Everything always happens for a reason, right, And it's like, like you said, between the ages of eighteen and twenty five, especially for anybody, but especially young men, especially black men, it's very tempting. You have a lot of temptations you have music, you have just the culture, society, and a lot of times, you know, we want to get to the finish line a lot quicker than we should with our parents, with our grandparents would advise us. And you know, a hard head makes a soft fast that.
Speaker 4: I was actually thinking that, like, your life is fast and choosing to move quicker. And then on the other part was like we always talk about this line of shot. You be like, yo, change the school to cop but more poort as loyalties. Yeah, but you got toot out the whole.
Speaker 3: But the shining light in that for me is that you, you know, saying that using the financial space and me being in the financial space. I know, anything on your record like that, it prohibits you from a lot, like ever really working in the financial space. So it's like now you forced to kind of figure it out. You still have a financial space mind. But that didn't happen. You probably would have just been a regular corporate worker maybe, but now you have to like kind of force yourself in to be like an entrepreneur on the credit side and learn credit. And then that blossomed until where you are now.
Speaker 1: So learning What happened was is that I said listen. My goal wasn't even getting credit.
Speaker 4: I started.
Speaker 1: I learned credit when I was eighteen. My broker, my real estate broker, had a credit pair company. I did all the underwrite, but my goal. When I started messing on credit, I go, okay, I need to get mine together, right, So I start focusing on my credit, figuring it out. And when everything happened, I never like literally the date was January fourth. It was January fourth, two thousand and fifteen when the case closed and was done January twentieth, I started my credit repair company. Between that time, I was figuring out what am I going to do? Like, what am I going to do? I started messing my credit and then I said, well, I'm gonna help other people. And I remember putting it out there like yo, I'm gonna help other people with their credit.
Speaker 4: Right, I'm leveraging. Mind.
Speaker 1: I figured it out, see people need it. I remember I made eleven thousand first month. Boom, I go okay, I got something. Start slowing down, and I remember like leveraging, like starting to build my credit up and figuring out what's the benefits because I knew it was more. It had to be more than get buy a house, buy a car, and get a credit card just for emergency purposes. I'm like, nah, it's more to this. This has to be worth more than just this what it is on the simple on the surface. That's where it started to like flourish, and I started digging deep into like, yo, how do I really go and get money? If I want to get credit card and I want to get funded in front of my own business, where do how I get the money?
Speaker 4: So in twenty fifteen, right, you said, January, what type of things are you doing to leverage your credit? At this point? Are in the beginning.
Speaker 1: Now, At the beginning, I was trying to make money, okay, So that was the business. That was the business that I had, helping people, showing them how to make money. So when it came from like I remember working in the banks helping helping people with it, and they still couldn't get approved. So then at that point I'm going, I'm looking now, And that's when I started really publicly helping people versus like you know, when I was working before, when I'm working in the bank going through all my trials, I can help people.
Speaker 4: But it was quiet.
Speaker 1: It wasn't like a marketed company. So now it's out publicly and I'm working it and it started bringing in So now I'm going, Okay, this is my business. I'm making money off of it. I have good credit. Now, okay, what's the benefits and perks of it? Yeah, that's and then at that point, that's when I started leveraging it, like learned about rewards, how to get credit cards, how to like start credit card stacking and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: So all right, let's get into it. Let's get into the meat and potatoes of what everybody wants to know this information. So I got questions, I know Troy got some questions. But one thing, that one thing that we have I haven't spoken about Alisha yet, and a lot of people have always asked us to cover it, and they always ask questions about it. It's tradelines. So I'm gonna ask you a couple of questions about tradelines. But before, for people that might not even ever heard of a tradeline, they don't even know what that is. What is a tradeline?
Speaker 1: So a tradeline is essentially an count on your credit report. So a trade line is any account on your credit report that reports on your credit. So vehicle the vehicle, the history of that of the vehicle from when you open it to when you close it. That's a trade line on your credit report. So it's any account that reflects and shows on your credit report.
Speaker 3: Okay, so there's like a hack where you can actually add people to Tradeline.
Speaker 1: As to adding people to your card as an authorized user. So now what happens is this when it comes to authorized users, And yes, it's a lot of details to it that you have to understand, and like different applying when you're applying and you know, getting different things and the benefits of them.
Speaker 4: But essentially what it is is that if.
Speaker 1: I got a credit card and I got ten spaces available, I can add you on to my credit card as an authorized user.
Speaker 4: And this is an authorized user tradeline.
Speaker 1: If I add you on as an authorized user and I have ten spots available, I charge you six to fifty right, well, six fifty times ten. That's sixty five hundred dollars. I'm only going to leave you on my card for sixty days. I never give you access. I set my account up in a way that you can't compromise me. Now I make sixty five hundred dollars every sixty days off on credit card. End of the year, I make forty thousand dollars off having a credit card, never going into debt, never actually using and spending the bank's money.
Speaker 3: And that's to help other people build their credit.
Speaker 1: That's helping other people build and established because it comes to data points on a credit card. How many positive accounts do you have? What's your credit card utilization? All of these things going to consideration when applying and leveraging and using your credit. So when those things come into play, authorized users hit so many points because it gives you accounts, it gives you age history, it gives you utilization. So when your utilization everything is right on your credit card. All of these things reflect on your grown up person's credit report. Who purchases the authorized user.
Speaker 4: So if I'm the person that's the authorized user, do I get a card or I don't get a card? You don't get a card because like when I this is crazy, Like my credit history goes back to thirty five years, right, I'm thirty eight, but my mom put an American Express card in my name, so my credit so like technically I'm an authorized user. So that was a trade line that she made for me in a sense.
Speaker 1: So she gave you a card on her account. Yeah, so what happened is is that if she gave you a card on her account, that made you the authorized user, and then that's what started building your history. But see what American expressed, They don't report back history, they just report going forward. So the whole time that you've had that card and she opened that account up, it's been on your credit right building out.
Speaker 3: So let me ask you this, thanks mom, because.
Speaker 4: Yeah, shout out to your mom. Thanks mam.
Speaker 3: We have a large listenership in jails and the federal jails, state jails. It's a very interesting dynamic. I have a lot of friends, family members, and they always report back to me and say that EYL is big in jail. So first of all, shout out to all the guys in jail, hold your head and all the returning citizens. So you was giving us some game about information for that right, as far as like the core logics for felons and things of that nature.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, So now that's a whole nother bar for everybody. Like listen, I come out of the community. So I've been a victim of every single side of prison. Right, Pop's gone for life, Uncle gone, So family members, every single friend that I grew up with originally from my neighborhood has went down that path. And I tell people all the time is that those are some of the people coming home from prison that trying to get rehabilitated could be the hardest, like trying to get back in the community and it's like yo, all doors shut in your face. So what I tell people is that I figured out was that core Logic this is what credit learning, the secondary bureaus, Like most people don't know that secondary bureaus is what it's some of the companies that verify your data. So you got companies like Intervis, core Logics, Lexus, Nextus, Sage, stream Ars. These are all companies that have secondary data when it comes to your credit. So they're just data furnishing companies. So when you dispute something, a lot of times they're the ones who verify it. Well, I found out that core Logic was the one who verified evictions and convictions. At that point when I realized that core Logic is the company that verifies evictions and convictions, I knew. I said, listen, you mean to tell me that I can fix somebody's credit, but they still get to denial. We if I opt out of core logic, if you got an eviction, you still can get to approval. If you got a conviction, you can get to approval because I never gave them permission to share that data and that information. So now when you go to get an apartment, now write somebody who's in a position they go listen, well, I can help people get apartments. So if you understand how to clean your credit and opt out of the secondary bureaus, you opt out of core logics. Now you can go and get an approval for apartment.
Speaker 3: But that's a big thing that hold people from getting apartments, is there yep.
Speaker 4: So essentially, like this, I'll break down the whole blueprint.
Speaker 1: This is what you're gonna do, is that you're going to opt out and suppress your core Logics, Lexus, Nexus, savestream ars in office. You're going to suppress all of those. Once you suppress those, now you're going to force the credit bureaus to do an investigation with a six oho nine letter. So you use a six oh nine dispute letter when you sit in that six oh nine dispute letter and it's going to make them either verify that this account is accurate and verify that it belongs to you. Well, now since they don't have anybody to check the accurs he's with, they're gonna now have to do investigation. Most likely most of the things sixty to seventy times sixties to seventy percent of the negative items get removed because you already remove the middleman company who's verifying everything. So now once you do that, when you go to apply for apartments, you now can go and apply and if you've ever been evicted, it's not going to show up because you suppressed core Logics. And if you got a felony on your background, it's not going to show up because you've.
Speaker 4: Suppress the chor logic company.
Speaker 3: But like, how do you suppress it?
Speaker 4: Like you have to what's the time length on the suppression? Does that happen? So suppress you?
Speaker 1: Basically what you do is freeze the report and opt out of them report sewing, and they do it and definitely until you opt back in.
Speaker 3: So you like call them and say I want to opt out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you can call them, you could call or you can do it online. So if you like Google like Lexus Nexus opt out. You can Google it and it'll pop up and take you to the form to actually opt out of that report.
Speaker 3: Good to know. Did you know that, Troy?
Speaker 4: I did not know that.
Speaker 3: I do not know.
Speaker 4: I feel like there's gonna be a lot of things today. We all go to learn together.
Speaker 1: People don't understand listen, right and the community. That's one of the dope things is that I tell people listen. That's a business in itself.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: We don't know about the secondary bureaus. So you mean to tell me, I say, listen. You mean to tell me that there's companies out there that do all this information. I say, well, listen to one company, Core Logic gives us a whole business model. Because if I opt out of that, I can now help people clean their credit. That's a service. I can now help you get an apartment. That's a service. I can bundle it together if I want. But listen, I help you get an apartment. Now what else do I do? If I know I'm helping people get into condos? Listen, I'm gonna find that the newest building that's not fully occupied, and I'm gonna send people there. Well after three or four people go in and be like, yo, him five hundred sent me in here to get apartment. They're gonna kind of get familiar and be wonder who's in five hundred. And then I show up with gift cards and trinkets and nice things, and I build a relationship and I say, hey, listen, Now what I do is I'm an apartment specialist. I just help people find apartments and get into the city, especially new condos, things like this, and just ensure that they can get the approval when they come. Have my people been getting approved?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Cool, boom, nice to meet you. Set this, set the relationship up. Guess what happens Now I get a referral fee from the leasing agent. Now I send it directly to the leasing agent. She's gonna want to get paid for getting people the least. Well, guess what Now I get paid for helping people get the apartment from the leasing agent.
Speaker 4: You've been paid four times already. That's three times.
Speaker 1: Three times I got paid from the client for helping them with their credit. I got paid for helping them get the apartment, making sure everything was approved, make sure to get the approval. Then I get the referral fee from the leasing agent. Now I'm pretty much responsible for helping everybody get apartments in the city.
Speaker 4: I become Penthouse Poppy.
Speaker 1: Imagine right, right, right, yeah, trademark you right, So I become Penthouse Poppy. So now I'm I'm in front of all the fly buildings, right, I'm in front of all the fly buildings. I'm in the penthouses, in the condos. But what's the biggest thing when it come to these condos.
Speaker 4: Furniture? Right.
Speaker 1: So, now a lot of people overlook it and don't realize furniture has one of the biggest markups. Right, Furniture's markup is ridiculous. So then I go to one of the furniture stores, the mom and pop furniture stores in the area. Guess what they do financing? You can fund, you can finance furniture.
Speaker 4: True.
Speaker 1: So now guess what I go and build a relationship. Listen, what does it take to get ten thousand dollars in furniture? Right, I need a ten thousand dollars approval. Let me see what that credit report needs to look like. What does this need to look like? This approval process. Now, when I get people apartments, I'm gonna send you to the local furniture store to now even get the furniture. I'm not gonna charge you for that. No, I got the relationship. I'm gonna charge the furniture store. And hey, listen, Markup is crazy on this. You probably selling for ten thousand, you giving them twenty five hundred dollars worth of furniture, maybe four. I need a seven hundred and fifty dollars referral fee for every client.
Speaker 4: I send it here. But when I go in, you go in and introduce yourself. Is listen, makeup.
Speaker 1: And I'm a part and specialists, right, I specialize in and I'm an occupancy specialist. Right, I specialize in getting all the apartments in the area fully occupied or an occupancy level of ninety five plus percent. They're gonna be confused. I don't know what that is. But he get people apartments. I got a list of people that.
Speaker 4: Need furniture and terry decorated to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, yeah, I do interior decorated. So now I get paid. Now only am I helping you get the apartment. I'm getting paid from getting you the apartment from the least an agent. And I'm over here with the furniture guy and get a kick on the back end, because I'm gonna tell you, hey, listen, your credit is together. You can go over here and get ten thousand furniture. Now your condo is furnished. And now you just got paid four times. Now you get paid four times. That's Penhouse, Poppy. That's a business for anybody that's listening. It don't matter what your background is, it don't matter.
Speaker 4: It all started from you just suppressing one thing so somebody could be approved.
Speaker 1: Literally, that's that's realistically. I used to run that company and that's where it started from. That's literally how that business started.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 1: Derek Grace, Yeah, I don't know him personally, but online see him.
Speaker 3: Uh, that's that's our guy, good friend of ours. He posted, I mean, he posted a post of yours and he was like, I don't know bro, but he dangerous.
Speaker 4: Yeah listen, I'm gonna tell you.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you, right, I watched Bro posts and and and I and I look and I be like, boy, he we we do different stuff, right, But I said, yo, he he give it up?
Speaker 4: Like he not?
Speaker 1: He not capping on nothing. He says, like even from you know, I look, I don't care.
Speaker 4: I'm wearing diamonds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know, but you know, even with the gold game man like bro Vicious, Now it's much respect.
Speaker 3: When he said that that was real, he actually got my attention with that. I'm like, nah, it's Dode is dangerous man, He's dangerous. Like it's a lot of your information is the most important thing in the world, like because it's like there's so much stuff that you can just change your whole, your whole life, your whole your whole generation with just a few vital pieces of information.
Speaker 1: It's all to take, and it's so many of us out here leading away giving it up to us and giving the information of to really see how people could change their life. Like I just laid out, like we're on a public podcast, and I just gave out a whole business plan off of leveraging one piece of information before that, I gave a blueprint.
Speaker 4: I hope they take notes, like, listen.
Speaker 1: I'm giving you. I gave the blueprint. This is how you clean your credit after I use a six or nine letter. Get familiar with companies like CFPB. This is the companies that regulate the credit bureaus. These are things that we need to know information that we need and I'm looking now when I go, we start looking, and so many lives. It's changing off of information.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's a lot.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you. Let me ask you another question. You got an interesting thing when you said that turn a liability into an asset, And that really struck my attention because it's, like you said, we've been programmed so long to think that everything is liability on a certain level, like that an asset, traditional assets like cars for instance. Right, it's like no matter Like we did a video about how to like put your car in your business name and take the deduction and all that, and a lot of people was like that. I didn't know any But then there was always some skeptics like, well it's still a liability. You still wasting money on it. Well you broke down something, and that was kind of crazy. You got my attention to how you can actually turn make money with the car, like running ads and can you talk about that logit?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So when it comes to that, one of the things is that, look, I it's fraying and it probably rub people the wrong way. Cars are liabilities, right, that's a nineteenth century mindset, right, Take that back. That's in the nineties and the eighties that that mindset exists. It's not relevant now. Only people that that's relevant to is people who won't acquire new information and don't stay up to date with systems, right, because it's no way that you can look at a vehicle unless you just don't have the information. I got friends that make six figures off of vehicles. No way you're gonna tell me that that's a liability. It's a liability if we don't utilize it. Right. So then I started telling people, I say, listen, you won't you want to learn? Okay, here, let's take a car, like a smart car.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: I went and found the littlest car, right, littlest car that nobody wants. When I tell you, right, it's the smart car for two right, Listen to me.
Speaker 4: I didn't think it was yours when I saw it, Right, I did. That's all you driving?
Speaker 1: I say, yeah, right, and I'm like yo, Like I put music in and everything got beat.
Speaker 4: I'm like, listen.
Speaker 1: Funny thing is that I bought a smart car, and then not only so, I bought a smart car. I tell people, listen, let me explain something to you. I got the smart car. And this is what I teach people as well. I say, look, you can go to a swap police and literally do a least takeover, put no money down out of pocket. Get a car that costs two hundred dollars a month. This vehicle costs two hundred dollars a month. Now what happens next? Since this vehicle costs two hundred dollars a month, I say, he listen, early leisure. I got a car that's gonna be in in downtown Metro Atlanta twelve hours a day. It'll probably get exposed to about twenty thirty thousand people a month. Give me two hundred bucks. I want to put earn your leisure on the left side in your company promotion.
Speaker 4: Is that something that you'll be okay with? Will do it?
Speaker 3: Sold lights? Right?
Speaker 4: That's that's light. Okay.
Speaker 1: Well, guess what I'm gonna get somebody else to put their business on the on the right side. I'm gonna get another business to put their business on the back of the door, on the back of the vehicle.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: I now make six hundred bucks off of two hundred dollars liability. Then I say, say, well, how you gonna keep it in the Metro Atlanta for twelve hours a day. You're gonna drive it. No, I'm gonna go and hire somebody to drive it. So now I'm gonna, well, I'm gonna rent the car out to somebody who want to drive for Uber Eats, grub Hub, door Dash, one of the grocery delivery services. Look, give me one fifty a week. You don't pay gas or insurance. You give me one fifty a week, and you use the vehicle. Now I got and you use the car six hours a day. You got options, you got access to six hours a day, seven days a week.
Speaker 4: That's one person. I do two people.
Speaker 1: So now that's twelve hours. That's the twelve hour shift in the day. That's two people paying me one fifty one fifty a week. That's three hundred dollars. That's twelve hundred dollars a month. So now making twelve hundred dollars a month off the drivers, six hundred off the advertisement, that's eighteen hundred dollars a month. Sixteen hundred of that is profit. I'm making sixteen hundred dollars profit off of one vehicle that they said was a liability. If I got two cars. I'm thirty two hundred dollars to the good every month to the good, thirty two hundred dollars a month straight cash on.
Speaker 4: Me what it's one of the best things I've heard you say, Man, mindset is the only liability.
Speaker 1: It's and now you make thirty two hundreds a month. Imagine this. What's your background need to be? What do you need a degree in? That's thirty two hundred dollars a month paying for a vehicle. Now, if you really get tricky and you understand is that then you go, well, it's the other cars out there, and you can look up it's websites that attack and say, hey, look, these cards perform the best on touro. Right, you can literally get one of those cards and then make it pay for your other ones, or you just use it as income. You come home and you're like, yo, I got my credit together, but I don't know what to do with it.
Speaker 4: How do I turn my credit to cash?
Speaker 1: That's one of the credit to cash strategies is actually learning how to execute and learn systems.
Speaker 4: All right, So I want to talk about something that was a whole lot of game what you're known for, and that's turning credit into cash. Most people, when we think credit cards and how we get cash on it, it's like, hell, if we get a cash advance, then we can take money out from it. Yeah, but your strategy has no cash advance and it stills liquid and can you break that down? So it's a little bit different.
Speaker 1: Like it's a whole bunch of different ways, right when it come to like turning credit to cash. And I tell people one you don't ever want to do. If you had to pull money out doing a cash advance, they're going to charge you more and they hit you with extra fees and a higher percentage. So I tell people kind of stay away from the cash advances. But I do things like it's just ways to generate cash. That's like my mindset is entrepreneur at all time. So like I tell people do things like you know, knowing which credit cards to use to do certain things. For example, if I go and run ads, right, like I could run ads, and when I run ads, I can run ads and generate income back. But if I wanted to like pull money off, like what you just said, something like you just said, like trying to pull money off without doing a cash advans fee One of the things that we used to do for fun is like I would go on a cruise and because when I go on a cruise ship, guess what happens on a cruise ship is that they give you the debit card the room key. So when I go on a cruise ship and use the room key, I would just go to the casino and get twenty thirty thousand chips and get a cashier check and go home. I just pulled my money off my credit card, and I got reward points because I was on a cruise ship. So since you're on a cruise ship, you get five points per dollar. So since I'm on a cruise ship, I get five points per dollar. I literally got chips. With the room key, I can max every card of if I wanted to and go home with the cashiers check if I needed to use it to invest whatever I needed to do, and I still accumulated the reward points. So if I need to go buy a house, I literally can go on a cruise three days for two hundred bucks, go pull off fifty thousand, come home with cashier checks, and go do my investment.
Speaker 4: But you sold you. This guy is name, So when you take the twenty, no Joe. So when you take the twenty, you are paying the twenty back, but you are redeeming the rewards.
Speaker 1: Points that come with spending that amount of money. You can keep the reward points. That's the perks and benefits of having credit. And that's one of the main perks and benefits of having credit I tell people is that credit cards versus debit cards is that you spend your cash, you get nothing back. You don't get big interest from letting it sit in the bank. Right, But how do we actually use the bank for a benefit? What do we get from the bank? And one of the things is that why they incentivized it was the reward points. But a lot of people in our community don't have that information and know how to use the incentives that they give us.
Speaker 4: We don't even do the research. The research. I feel like like that's like the fine line, Like nobody's reading the fine line, Like, yo, you get this these? I mean the most we ever look at. It's like, yo, can we get airplane rewards or airport awards and hotel rewards? But there's so many other things like that.
Speaker 1: You can actually be using this for yo. Listen, Right, is that one of the key things is this right.
Speaker 4: Today.
Speaker 1: You know I got on recession proof, right, But I'm an advocate of my community. I'm advocated where I come from. Some people will be like, yo, it's eight in y'all, we shouldn't wear designer clothes. We shouldn't do this and do that. Wear support black, own whatever it is, whatever you want to wear where naturally you know, things that's made from natural products, not cotton. I like wearing nice clothes Louis vu Tom FINDI right now some of my favorite dre But I know everybody, a lot of people in the community, this is what they're after. These the things that they desire to wear because it gets a status, right. It's kind of a sense of status, and I'll keep it a buck it is. It's a sense of status that people want something that costs more, something that's extra fly and make it separate. We got people growing up that in the kids that don't know how to actually go and get it without doing something illegal. Right, So they going selling drugs and robbing people for these designer clothes because nobody told them that, Hey, listen, you can actually be an entrepreneur and learn business for you could leverage credit and get it for free. So what I did was this, I started going and don't I don't want to spend my money on stuff. I'm cheap, right, I really don't like spending my money. So when I get designer clothes, I get it for free. I'm not going to spend cash. So in order for me to get designer clothes, I say, listen, I can run up my reward points and then redeem the transaction. So when I go, like I went and went to Louis Vuitton, spent six thousand, right like, sixty five hundred dollars in Louis Vuitton, and I literally redeem my reward points to cover it. How do you get the reward points? People don't know. It's the benefits of a credit card. Like you said, your gold American Express card alone gives you four to five points per dollar, four to five points per dollar every dollar you spend on running ads. So you mean to tell me you're gonna incentivize me making money with your money. Here's one hundred thousand dollars credit card. Go run and spend it. Run ads to market your business and get in front of people. And I'm gonna give you rewards for using my money. I ran one hundred thousand ads may had a million dollar money on the back end. They gave me seventy five hundred.
Speaker 4: Can we not let that just go over everybody's We're just I mean, congrats to you for that.
Speaker 1: Nah, I appreciate it. I appreciate it. But that is is that even with that, I'm gonna stay on that power. And nobody can say it's not powering a black dollar, right, because that is the black dollar. These are things that are in services and the community. I built for our community, and so this is our money circulating within our community. But I literally this is the point, is that the information I literally ran off my amex goal, spent one hundred thousand, wrung back a million, and then got close to like nine thousand reward points. So then I redeemed it and went shopping at Louis spent six thousand.
Speaker 4: So when are you redeeming it? Are you getting a gift card to the store, Like, are you getting like a SAX card or how's that work? Well?
Speaker 1: No, I literally went shopping. Swipe my card. When I go shopping and swipe the card, I literally go in and you can go into the reward the membership site and you just go, hey, redeem purchase. So you just redeem the points to cover the purchase the transaction that you made and it covered, gotcha.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And the good thing is you can use that for variety of different things like travel anything. So it's like you're not paying for like you SA. I mean, it's like anything that you do. And that's I'm glad you said that because it's like I feel like it's financial literacy teachers. It's our job to do things responsible. So like even when we got our cars, me, Matt and Troy, we got raped.
Speaker 4: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding of professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association member FDIC ernest What's up You ever walk into a small business, everything just works like the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate, let's Square handle the best back in so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 5: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer, speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast terms and conditions of hiring Indeed is all you need.
Speaker 3: Thank rovers. But we made a video and in what like semi viral, but I put it in there like don't think that we just did this irresponsibly. And then we made like a whole video like explaining like how you can actually put your car in your business name and take a deduction and all of that. So it's like when people see you with you know, these designer clothes on, it's not like he's just getting money and just spending it on that. Technically, it didn't really cost you anything because you're paying for it with reward points. You reinvested your money into your business, which grossed more money, but you didn't even take the profit of that. You just used the reward points to pay for that.
Speaker 1: And I ain't even reinvest my money in my business. I'm gonna use their money again next month to make more money.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, because the credit credit.
Speaker 4: I use my money go buy stuff. I think the best part is what you said is like, y'all, chief, I don't like spending my money. I'm buying that. I'm buying.
Speaker 1: I'm in the middle right now buying a bank one point five million. I'm buying a bank in the sense I'm buying the land.
Speaker 3: Talk about that, talking about that break.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, listen, right, So right now I'm in negotiations of buying a piece of land that a bank happens to sit on, a sun Trust bank.
Speaker 4: They have a twelve year lease in Georgia. Yeah, in Georgia.
Speaker 1: And they're then the amount they pay is about one twenty a year. They pay one twenty a year on the lease. They got a twelve year lease. The property is like one point five. I'm trying to give them one point five for the land. Now I own that they have a twelve year lease, meaning and a bare minimum locking of eight years. So for the next eight years, I'm gonna make one point two I mean one hundred and twenty five thousand a year. That's a hell of a salary off on the land on the bank. And I'm still right. This is reinvest This where I put my money at instead of putting it into like yo, I'm gonna go buy a designer clothes. Now I'm gonna keep acquiring land, keep acquiring property and really build and learning what to do with money and learning how to play real estate. So now I got a long term hold at least now it's a bank there, I got a long term play for the next eight to ten years. That money now just goes back into that can go and invest into it with my daughter. And now, you know, especially when you can play with money, y'all get so many people in here that teach us how to save money and invest it and let the interest compound. You imagine having one hundred and twenty five thousand coming in every year compounding for the next eight years to twelve years.
Speaker 3: We'll ask you this as far as the credit, because you're using your AMEX to run the ads, how did you get the like how did you get your first business credit card? Or you're using your personal credit card or is that through the business credit card?
Speaker 4: Business?
Speaker 1: But it started Everything starts like business credit is super sexy, is everybody want to talk about business credit? But it all starts with your personal So my personal credit report was structured properly and I was a PG. So I did a personal get tour, put my social on the line, put in my business name, and then that's how how you're doing I just kept building.
Speaker 3: Just kept doing it, like that same thing with the personal like the same way you build personal credit. You just build it that way. Yeah, could history pay your bills on time.
Speaker 1: Getting your net thirties, net sixties, different things on it. But my main goal, like where I really focused that was all on the personal side.
Speaker 3: So what was the first limit? You remember, like the first limit that you got on your business credit like a small with a small amount.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but oh business or personal business on the business side, first limit, Nah, that first limit wasn't That first limit was nasty.
Speaker 4: It was like thirty thousand.
Speaker 3: Then we started getting you already established it from the personal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not my ea.
Speaker 3: So as long as your personal is good, you should be able to get a substantial amount of business.
Speaker 4: You just Yeah.
Speaker 1: The thing is that That's why I tell people work your personal because then once you work your personal credit, once you work that personal side, when you go to get business credit, you're going to get double on trip of your limits from what you have on the personal. So if you work this, get these large, let them season. Let your personal card season.
Speaker 4: And grow those.
Speaker 1: When you go to apply for business you should you shouldn't be going getting a ten thousand dollar business credit card.
Speaker 3: So you have multiple because like they say, personal cards, you shouldn't have like more than like three or four. Like does that matter with business.
Speaker 4: Or business is a little bit.
Speaker 1: Business is different because business doesn't report on your credit. Some do, like Capital one. Don't get that one if you don't want to show on your credit report. That's one of the business cards that show but my thing is that I show I specialize in like personal side. I got a sequence I learned how to do and go get fifteen personal credit cards with only like five inquiries.
Speaker 4: I need to ask you that, but before I want the explanation on that. But while you're saying this, and like, how does one grow the limits on their credit cards?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: Because like sometimes like you can have a credit card, you pay it off, and like you actually have to go in and try to increase it. But sometimes there will be a situation where the company will say we've increased it because of your good standing. Is there a strategy to grow it? To double it and triple it?
Speaker 1: So when it comes to growing your credit cards, like I tell people that you want to put everything on them, I'll take like, if you're gonna work credit cards, take a few of them, like because I teach how to get massive amounts. But if you only have a few, what you want to do is put everything. You should never use a debit card, right, And this is the example I tell people. I say, listen, if if you're walking down a dark alley with ten thousand in your pocket where they robbing people at who money you want in your pocket yours or mine, it's yours exactly. So every day you go out and you swiping your debit card with your heart o money, your hard earned money versus, and you put it at risk. We all know how fraud and how high it is now, right, So every day when you go out and you're using your debit card and you're putting it online and you're making purchases, you're putting your money at risk. So when you put your money at risk, why would instead of put everything on your debit card, I mean on your credit card, put everything that you spend on a credit card and pay it off, not go buy and buy whatever you want the money that you would have spent out of your debit. Then you pay your credit card back off, pay your credit card bill a few days early, two three days early, but pay your credit card back off. And not only are you leveraging and putting somebody else's money at risk, you also get incentivized for using it. So everything that you spend should automatically run off of an actual credit card. I run everything that I spend off a credit card, and so that decision increases it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, when you keep.
Speaker 1: Maxing it out, like if you can figure out depending on what you're doing. Like with me, we'll run it ass Like I specialize with really helping entrepreneurs, Like we all have to learn how to make money ourselves. How do we turn our credit to cash? How do we grow our businesses? So if we're going to use and grow a business, I'm gonna use my car. So like I max my card out on ads, right, I'm Facebook ads, Facebook ads, things like that.
Speaker 4: I also built a relationship. Man, y'all got me talking. Don't worry, no one's listening.
Speaker 1: I built a relationship. I built a relationship with a guy at a watch store, and he would resell watches, right, So he had the opportunity. He was like, Yo, you know it only takes me about seven or fourteen days to resell a watch. People come in all the time, trade in. You know, you get hit when you go to trade to watch it, so they're not going to give you full value. Well, he says, listen, if we buy it the same night, I can get it for what they paid before my store puts it online and puts it in the system. We can buy it for the same price. So what we would do is literally I gave him I let him hold one of my platinums. He would buy the watch when it came in at night, resell it because for the value of it. He already was known for selling watches. He reseller for the value. I'm getting credit on my credit card for how much to watch costs. We started with twelve thousand, We didn't, did sixty thousand, we didn't did fourteen's twenty fours, and literally built it out, max in the card out. Now my credit card on like that platinum I got. It's two hundred thousand a limit, sure, but it's just information and being able to seize the opportunity. And you know, that was one of the things we had a good relationship and trust coming to play. That ain't something you can people can duplicate. So I don't really speak on that a lot because that's not something you can duplicate. But it's just things that happen.
Speaker 3: Just knowing.
Speaker 4: So let's go back a little bit. So how do we acquire the multiple cards without having so many inquiries? Because that's I mean, I do anything and it's like you've got an alert. I'm like, yeah, is that man?
Speaker 1: So so no, look we here, man, it's really for the coach.
Speaker 4: Hey, listen, I'm gonna tell y'all. Listen, I'm gonna be telling people, right. Yeah, so, but no, it's one of the greatest.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So what we do is that we gotta understand, right, I'm gonna break it down to yalls that we got to understand that banks have rules.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: I remember going to people. I'm not gonna hold you. I remember going and I was I was in credit and I was getting good and I'm going try and figure out how they do funding because I'm like, yo, I don't believe in no man fishing for me, right, You're not gonna go and fish for me. I want to learn how to fish myself, so I wouldn't pay anybody to get me funded. So I'm not gonna go and say, hey, let me go to Rashad so he can get me funded, and I'm gonna give him ten percent.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: A lot of people are okay with it because they're lazy, they don't want to they don't have that drive. My thing is that I need to know it because I need to be able to make adjustments and help other people. Put my other family on. Were not often to come and give you ten percent. So I remember running through a sequence and figuring out. I'm like, how do I do it? And I try to apply for credit cards and they all got to not I'm like something wrong. So I'm like, okay, do more research because you can't just apply for credit cards.
Speaker 4: So I go okay.
Speaker 1: So over time i'm and I apologize. My family might feel some kind of way. I torched so many credit reports, like yo, I'm telling you they had increaes, Like my wife at one point had like twenty four inquiries. I was trying to figure it out, right like moms, brothers, right, everybody had it like everybody. One of my cousins is the ones who when we figured it out with he got the move. But I started learning that banks have rules. A lot of people are familiar that Chase has a five to twenty four rule. You can't get more than five credit cards with Chase in twenty four months, right, and so okay, okay, get it. So then I started researching, and then you got banks like Bank of America that has a.
Speaker 4: Two three four rule.
Speaker 1: You can get two credit cards every three months, three credit cards in a year, four credit cards total. Okay, that's their rule. But they don't worry about if you get credit cards from other banks. So I started learning the rules. Barclays has a rule you can get one credit card every day, so it excites people. But the cold part is The exciting part was the fact that Bank of America will let you get two credit cards every three months. But the two credit cards that you can get every three months you can get the same day. If you get them at the same time, you get them on the same inquiry, you get one inquiry to credit cards. See Barclays ain't that great yet? One credit card every day, I can only get one because I can't come back tomorrow. Once these inquiries hit, I'm done, can't come back right. So this is when I started learning how to stack my credit card applications together. Then you have to understand is that listen every bank see a lot of people get their credit together and the dream credit cards American Express.
Speaker 4: Listen to me.
Speaker 1: American Express goes last before discover the reason being they're not strict on inquiries. They're strict on new accounts. So if you don't have any new accounts within the last six months, I can get you approved for American Express with eighteen inquiries. This is where you want to be at is you want to look and go amex Chase. You put them last. They're not super strict on inquiries, and you have to understand with them is that they're going to come. And the reason they're not strict on inquiries is because they're going to do more of their verification and underwriting on the back end. You got companies like Barclays, Alliant, Davy, they do their underwriting on the front So if anybody like most of the time, when you get approval from Barclays, it may take you forty eight hours, and it takes you forty eight hours because they're doing their underwriting on the front side. They don't go through. They may hit you and ask you for verification documents income prove your income. They may hit you with that cool Chase is gonna hit you with a soft pool.
Speaker 4: Later.
Speaker 1: Let your credit card utilization start going out of whack, like you're using this credit card heavy. They'll hit you with a soft pool. When they do a soft pool. If your credit score it has dropped, you gotta derogatory marks. Your utilization is out of whack, they gonna slice your limits. American Express is gonna come and say well you put one hundred and fifty thousand on your application. They gonna come a year later ask for an income verification. They're gonna ask to dish your tie your tax returns and say, well you already made forty thousand, slice your limits, discover does the same thing. All of this is what helps we have to under This is the information that we have to understand when it comes to credit card stacking. So when you say, how do you get multiple credit cards at one time? You have to look and learn the rules of which credit cards can I apply for and get multiple cards at one time from one bank on one inquiry, literally stack them all together and do it at the same time.
Speaker 4: M hm, So key to that man fire outstanding.
Speaker 3: So let's let's talk about recession proof, right, because at some point it's like you learning all this stuff, learning this information, and it's changing your life. I'm assuming it's changing your family's life. At what point do you turn that into changing and educating other people?
Speaker 1: Listen with that part, that was never my goal, right, I'm honest, like that was never my goal. My goal was never to help other people. It was it was a secret. Right, you understand everything my family thought I sold drugs, right, Like I always see people people think that, yo, everybody, these dudes be online selling information. This is how they make money. They ain't really doing it. Tell people fact check me. I have Bentley Truck before I ever help somebody, ever right, g Wagon, before ever own my house investment properties before I assisted because I had the game, but I wouldn't. You know, It's how we feel we know something. Sometimes we don't tell people. You got secrets and stuff that you know, be like yo, now I know how we get the podcast number one. We know, like yo, I'm not telling, right, You're not gonna come. I'm not gonna tell, So you have to go figure out yourself. Eric Thomas Eric Thomas. I was in Masters of the Game and Eric Thomas said that if you know something that can help another man change the trajectory of his family in their future, and you don't share that information, you selfish. And it sat on me for a while because I still was like, yeah sounds good, Yeah right.
Speaker 4: It sat on me for a while, but.
Speaker 1: It came to a point to where it was like, yo, is that what's the what's the impact that you don't really want to make now that you're making money. I have my daughter, and then I started really seeing like I was born. When I was born, my mom was homeless. We lived in a shelter from the gate. When I had my daughter, she came home to a house I own, and I think, and I look, and I go, there's so many people that need this. I'm gonna be wrong if I don't share, right, And so everything I created though was like for myself, So then I started sharing it with people. That's when the recession proof started. And that's when I created a community. But I didn't create like a program. I literally create a family. So everything that we need, I go out and we do things right. Like events that we had. When y'all came to the event, I fly on private jets. Guess what happened. My mentees fly on private jets. You're a party, we a family. We operate on the same level. So they flying in on private jets. We got all the exotic vehicles. They drive nice vehicles. They driving nice cars. The whole event was free. So what happens is is that not only are they learning being able to be financial literate, they learn how to run and scale businesses. So now teach you everything you need to know about credit. But then I'm creating leaders because it's in order for what I did for my community, how can I get I was like, Yo, I need at least ten to fifteen other people doing this. I never expected it to be hundreds. Yet thousands of people going, nah, I need to help my community. I need to help my community. And it's still people out there who don't know who I am or that I exist, but it's thousands of us helping our community. So when we get on these platforms, the growth point is that we need more leaders in our community. We need more people who are financial literate to take this back. Everybody's not going to have the tenacity and say I want to fish for myself, but for those who do, those are the people that we need to stand up in the community. That they need to take that back home and be that for their family. They need to be that for the people around them, source for them to come and get this information from.
Speaker 4: Because if they're watching this podcast or listen to this podcast, how.
Speaker 1: Many people they know who don't listen to it, who didn't catch this information. So that's my point is like when you look at recession proof, my whole goal is to create leaders in the community when it come to financial literacy, when it comes to actually business, when it comes to growing and scaling and just being all around leaders. Not only with financial literacy. But if you see we did the Takeoveray, remember we did the Kroger takeover shut it down, kind of went viral a little bit that I was a big that was big.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, slue to that I forgot about that to that that was yeah, that was really dope. Everybody was not familiar. The guys went into Kroger in Atlanta, and I think they are twenty dollars forty thousand dollars for families for for Thanksgiving so they can you know, not have to worry about that bill and you know, buy groceries.
Speaker 1: So yeah, y'all did the free gas too, did the free gas. The crazy thing is we did the gas before for the Kroger. Before the Kroger, we almost went to do another gas station, but instead we was like, yo, we decided let's just.
Speaker 4: Go do the Kroger. Went the Kroger.
Speaker 1: We tried to do gift cards and realized that wasn't gonna work, and we just said open the lines up. Everybody just running through. That's why the receipts for so long. We just let the line run. Everybody run through running grocery store. It was two days before Thanksgiving. Everybody ran through and we took care of it. Me and all the guys, a whole bunch of entrepreneurs. We all got together and collectively we did it together. We did a collective amount of forty thousand. But my point was that as a leader in the community and the leader of like recession proof, my mentees turned around a few days ago. They before yesterday's shout out to Bees for heading that out.
Speaker 4: My guy went out.
Speaker 1: They went out collectively and they put their money together my mentees and went and shut down a whole Walmart for like a Falster Care kind of company, not Falter Care, but like a sheltered company that takes families in and helped them get rebuilded, and pretty much went and shut in about all the Walmart out. One of the mentees how the truck. He went and learned how to leverage his credit, got his own trucking company started. He literally brung his truck to Florida. The Mentees fly out, they all on Recession Proof shirts and the news cameras out there, they go shut Walmart down and do a giveback. Had nothing to do with me. Guess what the name was that represented them when they.
Speaker 4: Said who did it? Session proof?
Speaker 1: They said Recession Proof Network, And I'm like, Yo, this just shows the selflessness of the community that we built it. And that's why I was like, Yo, this is different.
Speaker 4: So it's really a fan.
Speaker 3: So in the Recession Proof you actually so you also teach people like different steps on like all of it. Because what I'm realizing, even myself I had to be educated on because it's like you said, a lot of people, everybody, a lot of people have courses and things of that nature and educational platforms and things, and it's like, what I'm realizing is that you can only really learn so much much from like YouTube, yeah, or like even like a podcast like our podcast I think is the best out period and you can dis plenty of information where you can just act on that just a loan. But then some people want to It's like, you know, some people want to go further with the education, So like what do you actually teach in that? Like what are some of the subjects that you actually teach in the in the.
Speaker 4: Community in the community.
Speaker 1: My main topics that I teach is how to start a credit pair of business, how to scale it, how to grow it, how to automate it so you don't have to be the one doing it. Everybody needs a solid financial foundation. Teach people how to be that person and everybody gets it. Everybody needs it, so now you can be that home base. I teach people how to run a tradeline business, so that way you know how to actually turn something that's in your wallet into cash, right, something you already have, how to turn that into cash flow. So literally, how to start and run and scale a tradeline business. I teach people how to start and help you will get funded, meaning you're going If people don't want to learn how to do it themselves, then well then you help them for ten percent, so now you have your own funding business. Then I teach you all the every mastery trick you can learn about credit cards, Which credit cards to do for running ads, which ones for free hotels and you name it, How to master your credit cards, how to travel for free, teach them about private jets. I teach them how to get luxury cars so you don't pay for them, right because The goal is like, even when I told you about the reward points earlier, I may have went on a sixty five hundred dollars shopping spree, but that's because I'm established. Before I'm established, you don't spend sixty five hundred on clothes. You spend sixty five hundred on bills. So you don't pay for your groceries, you don't pay for your utilities, you don't pay for your mortgage, you don't pay for your insurance, you don't pay for your Netflix. You use the reward points to make you have a zero overhead while your business grows. So these are all things that I teach. But then I realized, like you said, you can only I can only teach so much. When you say you got a family, you can't go and say, well, imagine a father saying, yo, my kids gonna only know what I know. I'm only gonna teach you what I know. And all I did was learn financial literacy. When I know that I got brothers out here like Alice, get energy who running, and got people making six figures in trucking, So I say, yo, I need you to come and train my people on trucking. I got people like Wall Street trapper who know stocks and killing it and start say yo, I need you to come and give them an introduction to stocks. I got people like Justin Owens with four rex. I got trusts. How to actually minimize taxes to where you can defer your taxes. And you know, I can close out a year doing millions and paid same thing Trump paid right. How do we protect our self? Asset protection? All of these things come in because these are things that we needed. Facebook ads, how do we run Facebook ads? How do you scale a business? How to post on social media? I bring people in to teach us everything that we need to know in today's society. And I gave him an e book to sell so that way they have a digital product. It's just in case you got nothing else your author. I also help you become an author. So now that you're an author, what happens is that if you got nothing else, you can go and repeat my content what I said on E Y L.
Speaker 4: You go put it out to people who didn't.
Speaker 1: See and you say, well, I got a d I Y credit ebook that him five hundred told me. He taught me how to set up click funnels. He told me how to run ads. I'm run ads on this video, sell this digital product, and I still I got another business.
Speaker 4: And when you go on the book to it, I don't forget the event space.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 4: I taught him from me.
Speaker 1: Look my brother, me and my David Neil shout out Neil.
Speaker 3: But that fate would have it because like when we you know, we take our time because it's like we gotta be responsible about who we bring on the platform, and you know, we kind of you know, try to see if we know anybody that so we was looking and and it just so happened that somebody that we grew up would actually purchased became a part of the community. And he said he actually made money. What do you make? I don't gotta say his name, but so it's in its first month.
Speaker 4: He's been thirty thousand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, he made thirty thousand. So I'm not saying that's gonna happen to every single person, but we personally know it and doing our due diligence, Like I said, it just so happened that we actually knew somebody that was from our neighborhood. That yeah, it worked out.
Speaker 4: That's heavy.
Speaker 3: You know, you never know.
Speaker 1: You know what's crazy is that thirty thousand person month. That's amazing and double salute. We're gonna talk about off camera. But that's the goal for twenty twenty one is that. My goal is that you know, I've helped make three people millionaires throughout my program. Now, I got three millionaires, and I got sixty people who've been able to walk away from their job. And this year the reason why I put everything now, like like why would you bring events, space and all these different why are you bringing all this together? I said, oh, listen, my goal is I don't want to make one hundred millionaires in twenty twenty one. So my goal is to be able to go out back into the community and twenty twenty one, I want to help create one hundred millionaires. With that kind of goal, we got one hundred millionaire challenge, I said, listen, people don't understand it. You're going to make one hundred millionaires. I say, Yo, that's a big number. Million dollars, A big number. I said, listen, I made a million dollars and thirty days. If they can perform at a tenth of me, they'll be a millionaire. All they need to do is perform at one tenth of what I do. And if they fail and lose and do twenty percent, they walk away three four hundred thousand a year. Hell, were still successful in our community is a lot better.
Speaker 3: That's a fact. So, and one of the things with EYL, I feel like online of education is in new college. Everybody thinks I'm anti college. I'm not anti college. If you want to go to I went to college for ye has a degree. So you know, fortunately I have to spend money for college.
Speaker 4: But yo, why do that? I did.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying so I did.
Speaker 4: I did. We'll talk about that after so.
Speaker 3: But yeah, one thing, you know, people come on, whether it's Alex, whether it's our brother Hif from Bendam, Oh, everybody. A lot of people, you know, entrepreneurs. They have different programs and different things. That nation. The only thing that we ever ask is that, you know, they just show us a little love and give us a discount for anybody that watches ey L. And of course, you know, like I said, if you invest in education, you invest in educations up to you. If not, you know, just learning from the podcast is going to change your life. But you know, we do. That's like a stickler, like if you want to come on like you definitely we encourage people to to do a discount, and everybody today Credit has always obliged that and Marcus has been no difference. So five hundred dollars off is what Marcus agreed. Uh, we are greatly, greatly appreciative of that. So it's five hundred dollars off of the program, which is actually the lowest price on the market right now. And he did something exclusively for us, set up a website r p x e y l dot com, so there's no code needed, nothing. You cannot get this price for the Recession Proof program anywhere else. It's the cheapest that it's at anywhere right now, five hundred dollars off, and you just click the link. We'll have it in this description of this YouTube video. We'll have the description if you're listening on iTunes, Spotify. Also have it on our website under the Alumni tab, or you can just go to the website directly r p x e y l dot com. Once again, that's five hundred dollars off of the Recession Proof program. And that's a special it's not even a discount or code. It's just a special situation that he did for E y L and we greatly appreciate that, brother. Thank you. So if you're interested in joining the Recession Proof family once again, the website is r p X e y L dot com. No code needed. It is a special website set up with a special price, which is five hundred dollars off and we are honored to have that as the lowest price that you have anywhere in the world right now. There's no other place that you can get it toward that price. Appreciate you for doing that. Thank you.
Speaker 4: Love for the community, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: For sure. So what do you have on the horizon? What are you working on? What would you like to tell of people? How can they contact you? Any last good words that you want to give the people.
Speaker 1: One of the things that I'm well, now you know what I like. I like still educating. He brungs something up that I want to say.
Speaker 4: We ended on this.
Speaker 1: My name is him five hundred. I'm credit specialist. I teach people how to leverage credit turned to cash. He said he paid for college. A lot of times we pay for college and we don't have a benefit from it. We don't make money from it. So I tell people listening, you want to know one the benefits of having student loans if you keep them, if you do go to college, and if you're in college right now, if you keep your student loans in good shape, what happens is is your credit report needs to look a certain way. There's data points that need to be hit. You need to have at least ten plus positive accounts. You want to build the age of your credit report as well, so we're going to stay there. You want two to three well, you need two to three inquiries or below. Right, you want a utilization rate of under nine percent. Your utilization rate under nine Everybody tells you thirty percent. That's cool, it doesn't have a negative effect. But it's not that it's optimal point. It's that it's optimal point when it's below nine percent. Between two and nine percent, you also want to have one hundred percent payment history. But the key point is that you want to have ten plus positive accounts, and you want to build the age of at least four to five years average age and your credit report. Nobody gets a student loan that was yesterday. They got it yesterday, right. Everybody has student loans that are old. One thing about student loans also is that there's never just one, So you have multiple student loans. Well, when you come to hit those data points, guess what, you may not even use that degree. But if you get those student loans in the right shape and you keep them in deferment where you have good payment, history helps you with the total number of counsel and your credit report, and it helps you with the age of your credit report. So then when you add a few more tradelines, different kind of tradelines, not just aus. When you add a few more different tradelines and bank products to your report, it's easier for you to get funding. So don't automatically think that, hey, I need to get my credit together, I need to go and clean these student loans off. Student loans have more positive effect than you believe when it comes to go and acquiring funding and getting credit cards and things like that. I here five hundred, I'm the leader owner of Recession prof Financial Literacy.
Speaker 4: And that's it, yo, man. You know what he finished off like the champion is. You know, I want to ask you something that I've never heard you talked about, and it's like the backbone of your business. I want to talk about her five hundred and her role in the business, and that that balance between I got to man because you know a married man as a married man, and I know it's not easy to balance family life and work life. And I know it's not easy when you know you've got a lot of things pulling you in different ways, but you know you're balancing it pretty well. You talked about her role. Yeah, so.
Speaker 1: That's the road, backbone, partner, rib punching bag, everything. When I got a bad day, that's the person, you know, that's the only person that I can talk about it with. Not only that, raising my kids, raising their family, raising me from the gate. When we started this company. We started this together, one hundred percent, not boom. We started the credit repair company together. So she knows everything inside now, but she's been more so behind the scenes. See I was more so. I'm on social media.
Speaker 4: I talk. She don't care. She a sociable person like real.
Speaker 1: Life, like I'm going out all my friends, I'm on social media, like nah, I'm posting content. First viral video we argue probably ten minutes before to get it right, like hold the light right there, chilled the camera, you got the wrong angle. Look how you're making me look I'm looking bad, Nah, argue Right, everything that we went through, we built this together. And so now one of the dope things is that as I built, we've been building the business infrastructure. Like she's bringing in my HR people. She's the one who goes out and make sure, like the accountants and everything is integrated.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: She does all my integrations. And now we got it to where we're going to be kind of on autopilot and more active in the community. I actually brung her in and said, well, listen, it's a community of women that search financial literacy that's in this family, a lot of powerful women. But I haven't been able to edify my women in the community. And I as a man, could never edify the women and be like, Yo, let me get a group for y'all, and I'm gonna set things up for you. So now we have a sector for anybody who's in the Recession Proof family. Another just added bonus is the Women of Recession Proof. So now she's gonna run Women of Recession Proof to where they'll do women trips, they'll have women come and speak to them. Women accountability groups just for the women, just because males having more natural dominance. It's more males than it is women, but it's a lot of women in there, like that's bosses.
Speaker 4: Snoop, shouts to Snoop, shots of Snoop.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of powerful house women in there. And I'm going, Okay, we're gonna set this group up of the women of recession proof and shout out to her five hundred that's one. That's her secord that she's gonna be able to run and just pour back the things that she's been able to put into me and help be that for the other women in the group.
Speaker 3: One thing I wanted to ask you too, if you down, and congratulations too. I know you get married, appreciate it, So congratulations on that I asked. I talked to Alex about this. He said that he was down. So I'll put you on the spot to see if you're interested. I know. But you guys did a great thing in Atlanta and we had we had a special event that we did. Shout out the trap he was in town. Shout out to m the mortgage got shot you why that joined us. We was up Chowneldkament and with four hundred families got turkeys gift cards, Disneyland, Trip TV shout out to my man Kim from Thank Me. He said he never seen anything like that since the government cheese days. Like the line the line was literally like five blocks down. So I say that to say, you know, obviously it's a lot of people in need these days, all across the country. So maybe when COVID clears up a little bit, we can play something real big, a give back home and away. We can come to Atlanta, y'all can come to New York. Yeah, if you're interested.
Speaker 4: Now, one hundred percent, I'm in. You want to know what's so? What's what's crazy? Is that.
Speaker 1: Word to my mother?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Right now, listen right our hands down. We did the gas station giveaway. We did the gas station giveaway. Y'all announce that y'all was doing the dyking thing. I'm laying in in bed with my wife. I called Neo and I said, Yo, Neil, let's go to New York. I said, Yo, e y l trapper. They got a thing they're doing with dyking tomorrow. Let's go to New York. Alex had to close on his house and I go. Alex said he couldn't go. He had to do something he couldn't take off. Neil had to go and get his daughter literally was coming. I was like, yo, let's jump on a flight and come as well. And we was gonna pop out here. I swear it was gonna pop out. My thing is like, look, I gotta be involved in the community every way. So I'm with that one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: And after we did it, shout out to Brandon, I use with him mother night. Yeah, I'm like, yo, bro, we gotta do it. We gotta do something big for New York.
Speaker 3: So yeah, good good acts always inspire other good acts, and it's like competitive competition to do good. And I think as entrepreneurs it's like, you know, we we we can, you know, show nice things, and that's great. We got to encourage people that way. But I think we also got to encourage people, you know, whatever whatever it is, because it might be five dollars, that's something, it might be a smile. You never know how you can, but you do can affect somebody else to do something good. Like you know what I'm saying, Like you might give away forty thousand dollars. Somebody might not be in a position to do that, but they might be in a position to just help a lady across the street. You know what I'm saying, Just give a kid two dollars and not even say, yo, keep the candy. I don't even want the candy. Just take two dollars, like you know what I'm saying. So we need more of that because we're that's all we really have is each other.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: And we got an amazing unit and it's just you just brung up, Brandon. And it's crazy being in New York seeing all the love. But it was another thing that I wanted from New York, right, being here seeing love. I rock with New York. Y'all got something here that's different from everywhere else, right, and that's that's whole and rock Nation. One of my goals was to get signed as a management deal, to get met rock Nation to actually manage my company, to help that take it to the next level.
Speaker 4: And so that's like being in New York too, feeling it.
Speaker 1: I'm like, well, you just brung it up like so many people here, but we don't think about who manages the entrepreneurs and gives that outlet. Yeah, nobody, no a list company or celebrities really have edified the education in the black community yet and it's it's crazy. Not only is it powerful and impactful, we see it, but then the money that's circulating through the community is crazy.
Speaker 4: So now that's one of the things.
Speaker 3: It just so happens that we got. We got the American Gangster album, we got the black album. You know, rock Nation, man, you got a lot of friends, actually, people over the shout out to everybody in Rock Nation for sure, good people over there, people that we know for sure, good people. All right, So how can the people contact you? How's your what's your social media handles? What's your website?
Speaker 1: All that information at him five hundred on Instagram at him five hundred, on YouTube at him five hundred everywhere on Twitter as well. Recession Proof Extreme is the website to just check out the team that I offer my program wise is Recession Proof Extreme. Also, you can visit me on Instagram at him five hundred, click the link in my bio, or if you want more content and just learn more about financial literacy, take a take a scroll through my page. I got a ton of videos where I just teach and just get information away for free. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Sherry Bryant, President of rock Nation, who is a loyal supporter of Earn Your Leisure, a good friend of ours.
Speaker 4: I just we got to see one for her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, whatever you're ready. I sent my congratulations to snow Alectro. Hopefully that got sent to her. Shout out to Sherry. Shout out to Sherry for sure Troy Housekeeping items.
Speaker 4: Yeah, shout out everybody on Patreon dot com. Y'all know that's our proud to pay program.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: It is uh, it is grown, man, It's so it's so interesting to watch how that has grown over the time. And I shout out to everybody that is on ey l University. You know, the Patreon Tier five members, you have access to the number one online school for education that is eyl University. And shout out everybody that's a point in the merch.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: It is going really well.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: So I'm happy to see everybody out there. I need some people to start tagging when they win the merged though.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: I like seeing that. Man. I love to see people working out in it. I love to seeing people having it all while they're watching market Mondays or they watching the podcast. So keep doing more of that, man, I love to see it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure. Thank you guys for rocking with us. We appreciate you. We'll see you next week. Peace.
Speaker 1: Peace, my graduates from my school being forced back.
Speaker 3: Drop bag Drop, Mike, drop drop.
Speaker 5: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job post seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer. Speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need