Speaker 1: Out here, there's no one way of doing things, no one written rules, and no shortage of adventure, because out here the only requirement is having fun. Bank of America invites kids six to eighteen to golf with Us for a limited time. Sign them up for free one year membership, giving them access to discount to tee times at thousands of courses. Learn more at Bankofamerica dot com slash golf with Us. What would you like the power to do? Bank of America Restriction supply CBA dot com slash golf with Us for complete details covered right twenty twenty five. Bank of America Corporation.
Speaker 2: What's up, Friendos and welcome in too, Fantasy pros MLB right here for leading off, I am Chris Welsh. That is the Joe Rico and we are back for another Big Baseball Day. Happy, Happy Spencer Strider Day. If you celebrate as you should. Our boy, Spencer Strider is back in the early onset. Actually probably right a couple minutes after we get off here from leading off, where you're going to see Spencer Stryder's debut again Joe Rico's Toronto Blue Jays. We got a lot to cover disappointing performances, a lot of injury news out there, and one of the weirdest home runs I think I have seen in quite some time.
Speaker 3: Joe Rico, how.
Speaker 2: Excited or not excited are you for Spencer's Strider to slice and dice? Because they did get to the other Spencer yesterday? Will they get to two Spencer's.
Speaker 4: I can only hope so for my Blue Jay's sake. You know, if this was an evening game, if it was like a seven Eastern game, I might have gone to this one, because Lord knows that Blue Jays aren't selling anything out. I might have been able to get some last minute tickets. But a little bit of Mattine, We're gonna do a lot of shows together today.
Speaker 5: Well, so have that one in the background.
Speaker 4: And you know, I was thinking about betting his over strikeouts, but I didn't want to be going too crazy on the first day.
Speaker 5: I want to see how he balances out. But it should be a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, it didn't work out for the other Spencer yesterday, and debuts are a little bit tough. But we are here live on the Fantasy Pros Twitch, Twitch dot Tv, Slash Fantasy Pros if you guys watch back on the YouTube. You can come over and check us out live every twelve pm Eastern Monday through Friday and shout out to all the people that are hanging with us here.
Speaker 3: We are getting in on that follow count. We got Taco with a.
Speaker 2: Subscription using their Prime account that gets us so closer to the one hundred marker for subs this month with is just you know, the second nice fun goal. We love hanging with you guys live. Plus we'll be answering your questions during the show, so you're welcome in the chat to be dropping questions and we will be taking that here and there.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about the hottest.
Speaker 2: Player in all of baseball, and funny enough, this player we've been trying to ship somewhere else so we can get the hottest minor leaguer in baseball to be Coming up, we have got to talk about Tyler Sodastrom, the former kind of still ish catcher. Tyler Sodastrom again with a pair of homers six runs on tuesday A's beat up on the White Sox twelve to three.
Speaker 3: A very very.
Speaker 2: Important thing happened in this though I don't want to take away from Sodastrom. But as I have been saying kind of at nauseum and maybe even kind of annoyingly, is for us to get Nick Kurtz, we need someone to go somewhere else. We did see a report yesterday about potentially Tyler Soderstrm going and playing some third, which I think would be great, good arm, former catcher, But the real unlocking of this has been Brent Rooker playing in the outfield. Well, guess what, Brent Rooker in left field again. That's two outfield appearances since I believe Saturday or Sunday.
Speaker 3: That's huge.
Speaker 2: Nick Kurtz is on the way, but it will not be at the expense of Tyler Sodostrum. Let's talk about the viability because there is nobody hotter. There's kind of a maybe you'll want to feel like you're going to sell off of Sodastrum. But he leads baseball in Homer's right now. We can talk about his hitting metrics as well, But what you take on Tyler Soderstrom right now and what he is for you rest of season.
Speaker 5: It feels pretty legit.
Speaker 4: I mean, I know we did some videos talking about him as a good late first base power option in the offseason.
Speaker 5: I didn't think it would be this extreme.
Speaker 4: But if you look at the power numbers from last year sixty one game, he did hit nine homers. He had a fifteen percent barrel rate, fifty percent hard hit, and he's carried that over. I don't think he's going to continue at a nineteen percent barrel necessarily, but Tyler Soderstrom looks well on his way to a thirty home run season.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 4: You know, there's people who are talking about like redoing first base rankings. Is he a top ten guy? Is he a top seven or eight guys? He's definitely a top ten first baseman for me at this point, especially considering that ballpark.
Speaker 5: The lineup is actually really good.
Speaker 4: Like a Butler, Rookers, Soderstrom, Langaliers, Bladey, you add Kurtz in there, It's a pretty decent lineup all things considered. I think Soderstrom is going to end up as one of the better deals of draft season.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's even a question at this point. I like, what did who just put?
Speaker 5: That?
Speaker 2: Was Alwonkee the Big Kurtz or no? No, this is well the Big Kurts instead of.
Speaker 3: The Big Hurt. I like that for Nick Kurtz.
Speaker 2: Looking at Soderstrom, by the way, you mentioned his barrel rate around twenty percent this year. He's also getting the ball in the air a ton more. And you talk about being able to take advantage of that minor league ballpark. He had a nine and a half degree line. It's thirteen and.
Speaker 3: A half this year.
Speaker 2: That's huge launch aangle. He's getting that sweet spot right now forty three percent. That's it's shorts ample sized, but it's elite. Hard hit rates are through the freakin roof on average evs ninety two and a half and a secondary like in this the most important thing is like get the ball, pull the ball, get the ball in the air for a guy like him. But the other very exciting piece is strikeouts are down eighteen eighteen percent, which is huge and speaking of this is taking an advantage. I wanted to pull this number up. Last year pulled air percentage was only twelve percent. This year twenty five percent. Twenty five percent for him. So I ask you this, Tyler Soderstrom or Tristan Kasis rest.
Speaker 3: Of season, it takes Oderstrom.
Speaker 4: I think I would take Soderstrim at this point, like there's just so many improvements across the board. Everything we've mentioned already. The swing strike rates down, the oh swing percentage is down, he's not chasing as much, he's making more contact in the zone. Everything is positive. So I think I would have to go with him at this point.
Speaker 3: I think so too.
Speaker 2: What about Jake Berger, who I've talked about is kind of a by low. He's still not picking back. I'm not sure at this point. I mean, there's definitely a from here on out that could change, but I think it's Sodastrim as well.
Speaker 3: The hitting profiles ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's Soderstrim. I mean, the third base, first base eligibility of Burger's nice. The lineup is objectively better in Texas, but I think Soderstrom.
Speaker 5: Has to be the choice at this point. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'd be curious too if anybody else has got any other hooju rathers on on Tyler Soderstrim. Let's play it today because it is it is.
Speaker 3: Time to celebrate him.
Speaker 2: Eight homers three twenty eight average, four hundred OVP and a seven hundred slug right now. They definitely is something we want to watch and not get like two over zealous about but he doesn't have overinflated Babbitt.
Speaker 3: He's got great, great.
Speaker 2: Just barreling and contact numbers, and he's got a ballpark that you know, we broke down. It's just no matter what it is, if it's the home run factor, the actual ballpark factor. Right, he's and left, he's That ballpark is just good. It's just an absolute good one real quick. Since these are up here, soda Strom or Torque, it's soda Strom.
Speaker 5: Soda Sum. Yeah, I love, I love Tork. Talk has been great, but it's Soderstrom.
Speaker 2: Well, talk is also striking out like thirty percent of the time, so it's it's not close. Michael Bush, we talked about that's a good one, but it is Sodastrum.
Speaker 3: I got this exact question yesterday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's relatively close all things considered, but it's still sodastrom.
Speaker 3: Yandy Diaz or soda Strum.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Probably. I really like Yandy, but it's it's probably Soderstrom.
Speaker 2: It's probably Sodastrum. So these are there's some good ones. We'll kind of keep rolling and see what we've got. It was not a great day man for betting, but also Spencer Schwellenbach. He was hit hard in Tuesday's loss against the Blue Jays. He gave up six runs, six hits, four and two thirds of an inning, a massive blast. I think we had a questions yesterday about Anthony Santander. Anthony Santander took him to space. His ball joined all the ladies that went in.
Speaker 3: Space with Jeff Bezos's stuff. That ball was destroyed.
Speaker 2: I was obviously watching that because he was getting a little bit shaky. I will say this, and I am so sick of the umps, especially for somebody that just bets in general. When you have you know, first fives, whatever the hell it is, all you're looking for is just like get me out of this. And the amount of bad calls out. The Strider had a nice pitch right on the corner. I think it was on Vlatty now that I'm thinking going through it, but it was like right on the corner, should have been a strikeout, it's a walk, and then Santander just blasted out.
Speaker 3: So I mean that's a little.
Speaker 2: Bit making excuses, but it just kind of opened up that whole bag of just how bad the umps have been. But Schwellenbach was bad. He looked kind of gassed at the end. The Blue Jays are making a lot of contact. He wasn't getting any of that swing and miss stuff. Talk to me about Schwellenbach. Is there any worries after that start, like as in, was the early onset of starts to you maybe a little bit miraji or was this one just the outlier?
Speaker 4: No, I'm more inclined to say this is the outlier. Just made a few bad pitches. Like you said, he got squeezed a little bit. There's nothing I would take from this other than throw an offer to the Schwellenbach owner in your league, just in case there's some early season jitters. This time of year, people panic all all over the place. So throw a low ball at the Schwellenbock owner and maybe he's a little bit nervous. Toronto's not a juggernaut team, so maybe they think, Okay, maybe there's he's getting exposed.
Speaker 5: A little bit or whatever. But I'm not worried. I think he's totally fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, looking here too, Vila was just kind of up in general fastball. Yeah, looking in here, this is actually interesting. He really threw his I guess i'd have to look at his pitch mix his season long pitch mix, because I'm looking at the game, but he barely threw his splitter. That seven percent cutter was down there. I mean, you and your curveball. A lot of the strikeout pitches, he wasn't throwing a bunch. The slider was his third most used. That was only thirty eight percent in the zone and it got absolutely no whiffs. Kind of tough here when I'm playing hosts and I want to like do these dig ins to these players. I'm just gonna do this real quick on Schwellenbach on the season. It'll now be affected by this. Yeah, look at this almost fourteen percent splitter on the season, and it was his and he uses it as the third most used pitch. It was the least used pitch in yesterday's start, and the sinker the fourth most used pitch. He used the second most yesterday. So what I'm getting at is he was he didn't have his strikeout stuff. He was throwing that sinker just to try to, you know, get out of innings and pitch to some bad contact. But he down used the slider, the curve, and the split finger. He just didn't have it in the zone. So I tend to think that that's just a little bit of an anomaly. But I'm also a Spencer Schwellenbach homer, and I can't help myself with Spencer Swellenbach.
Speaker 3: But we'll move through it, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think he's gonna be okay.
Speaker 4: He's still at eleven whiffs, no real drop in velocity or anything. I think we just chalk it up to a rocky start and you put him back in your lineup next week, no question about it for me.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I like the idea of, like off of that start, just real quick going and hitting up an owner that maybe was like, oh crap, you know, he's a pumpkin, and then trying to get something cheap if you can. A couple bigger performances. Alex Bregman five for five, had a couple solo homers, Red Sox beating on the Rays, just kind of getting back to everything. Thought, also, I think he's out today on maternity leave. They brought up Eric Soguard and I put this on here even though the stat isn't crazy many Machado was one for four, had a solo homer, But what I wanted to talk about was that homer if anyone paid attention.
Speaker 3: My god, you.
Speaker 2: Had two dropped fly balls that then turned in, So pop up over into right field. Kyle Tucker comes in, leans down, kind of ducks ball, drops out of his glove. All right, egg on our face, let's move on.
Speaker 3: Next.
Speaker 2: He pops up to the catcher and third baseman comes in, drops the ball at home plate, and then what happens right after that?
Speaker 3: Good, good gone.
Speaker 2: Manny Machado absolutely rips it. Yeah, Unicorn Homer.
Speaker 3: It was incredible.
Speaker 2: It's one of those that you were like, you know, this is going to happen right now. But also I just want to point out, like, MANA Machado is just having like a hell of a season, averages up. Homer's are there still, He's stealing bases, just having like an absolutely hell of a season right now.
Speaker 4: Rico, Yeah, I honestly didn't see the play in question last night, but that's just such a classic baseball type of thing to happen.
Speaker 5: You know, it just screams baseball at you.
Speaker 4: But Manny was somebody that I was kind of interested in coming into the year. I didn't really expect the walk rate to jump back up the way it has so far. The WRC plus is at one fifty four. It would be the best mark of his career if he's able to keep it up. Heart hit rate at fifty five percent, Like he's been objectively really really good. And of those third basemen that we're in that like second third round grouping, Austin Riley's kind of picked it up recently, but I think Machado might have been the best answer out of that group.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I have a lot of I think it's in the state of his career where I'm looking at Manny Machado and I'm just thinking, like, you know, the Hall of Fame and just where he's going and what we're watching. Sometimes I like to kind of reminisce and take a step back on players and be like, who are the great players that.
Speaker 3: We're looking at?
Speaker 2: You know, like I think the parameters for being a Hall of Famer feels like it should be. Maybe is tougher statistically anymore, And you just kind of see that from him, but just a ridiculously crazy. It's one of those things that there's so many elements of baseball that we're gonna miss that even when we just you look at like stat sheets, if you're not watching from one of the worst strike calls of all our ball calls of all time yesterday. Why the umps are so bad? I think someone put it in the chat. It was the j t Romuto.
Speaker 5: It was literally.
Speaker 2: Completely in the zone and it didn't get called to strikeout, and then everything turned bad to unicorn homers of foul balls. Speaking of over on that Phillies game, Jesus Lozardo five and one third did give up three runs. It was a no decision. Most interesting in this though, and I think we know the reason behind it. But Jose Alvarado, he pitched in like a three run lead situation in the eighth, and I guess they considered it like super high leverage and they were concerned and that led to Matt Strong coming in the ninth and cleaning up, having an absolute cleanup of an inning and picking up the save. But also, is Matt Strong maybe the guy that they're gonna go to before or is this just one of those You know, there's plenty of teams that run out.
Speaker 3: Like three or four.
Speaker 2: Guy the Dodgers do that, like they'll throw out like Vesia or something. Is there anything with Matt Strong for you? Hoe Alvarado's got the gig. They put him in high leverage here, but do you think he's a next up type of player that you want to look at.
Speaker 4: They're kind of a hard team to figure out with bullpen usage because there's I mean, Ryan Kirkering, if I was managing, would probably be the guy getting a lot of the save opportunities. But Alvarado, they brought him into face Ramos Willia, Damas Jung Hu Lee. I think they're gonna let him, for the most part, continue with the ninth. But if there is a situation where you're getting the toughest part of the order to up in the eighth, maybe they go with him. But if there's one arm to own in Philadelphia, I'd say it is probably still Alvarado.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I don't think that's a question. I think Alvarado is still He's the he.
Speaker 3: Got squeezed the little bit, and you know he gave up.
Speaker 2: By the way, I had live bet just to clean up my day because it was a bad betting day for me, just an idiot, but I live bet to save my day, and I had live bet the inning prior Philly to one and a half and then they got that lead, and then Alvarado started giving it up right after, and I was like, let's close this thing down, Jose, good lord. A couple pitching performances, Max Freed really strong and Tuesdays went over the Royals. He struck out seven six and two thirds. Two run ball has been great, and Bailey over with a bounce back. He pitched well, three runs, five hits over six and one third. Are you kind of a I know you are a big ober guy you with this bounce back? Is he kind of a bye for you right now? I think the era is still pretty inflated. Hasn't been good to start, but.
Speaker 4: This was, Yeah, he's been a little bit shaky. I kind of bounced back and forth on him like I was really into him, and then I did that show with Eno and Nick, and then Eno kind of poppooed him a little bit and I took my foot off the gas. But I think he's still going to be fine, and the overall numbers are still going to be inflated like they were last year for a while because of that first start. But I think we're gonna look at it probably somewhere in mid June or July and say if you took out that first start, the era would be x with the with the bad start.
Speaker 5: It's still pretty bad.
Speaker 4: But like even after that huge blow up, Hey, at the beginning of last year, he still finished with the sub for e RA. The whip was at one on the dot, so I'm not really worried. I think he still falls out of that bi low territory. For those who are playing with people who maybe don't pay quite as much attention, They're just gonna look at the surface and look at that era and say, I need to get this guy the hell off my team. If you're in a league like that where the ober manager is still panicking, then I wouldn't hesitate to try and acquire him.
Speaker 2: Let's go to the audience. Let's see some questions of what we got going down here. Anthony, is Louise Robert and Riley Green? Are they buy lows that cast pages look horriboo? Luise Robert, Yeah, everything doesn't look great, but he's stealing a bunch of bases. Riley Green always has really great hard hit numbers. But I don't know, man, I'm actually a little like on Riley Green right now, So I think he if I remember correctly, like the babup isn't telling us any good story where things are going to bounce back. The K's are still there. I'm a little indifferent about Riley Green. I kind of think Luis Robert is at like an all time low, So I'm into that. Are you into buying either one of these guys?
Speaker 5: I like buying lou Bob.
Speaker 4: You know, even with the kind of slow start we talked about this yesterday, double digit barrel rad he's still stealing bases. I think he's gonna get traded overall, not really worried there.
Speaker 5: With Riley Green.
Speaker 4: It's a little bit different, Like you need him to really smash in the power and counting stats departments, because he's not going to give you stolen bases. He might give you a pretty good batting average, but you need kind of thirty plus home runs from him, which he's definitely capable of. But that lineup in Detroit is terrible. It is an awful lineup. Labor Torre is leading off. I really like Kerry Carpenter, I do like Green and Spencer Torkelsen, but cold Keith, Dylan Dingler, Zach McKinstry, Bias Sweeney. It's a tough group there for counting on him in terms of the runs and RBI. So I'd prefer to buy lou Bob. I think the price would probably be a little bit lower. People seem to be kind of out on him in general. Between the two of them, I would go with lou Bob. I don't think that Green is a bad buy. I just I don't have him as as high of a priority as Loo Bob.
Speaker 2: Who do you like better rest of season? From Lee Jonathan India or Brooks Lee Brooksley. I think hit his first homer yesterday.
Speaker 4: It's don in India for me. That second base only that you're seeing on there as well, Like we talked about that yesterday as well, that's gonna change. He's already picking up a ton of appearances, a third and then left. He's gonna be triple eligible pretty soon, if he's not already on your on your given site.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm with that, all right.
Speaker 2: We have a whole bunch of Kurtzes, by the way, so let's do this real quick.
Speaker 3: Thrasher said.
Speaker 2: Curt's only six percent owned on ESPN, but one hundred percent on his two teams. I like that, but also ESPN lol, all right, so we're gonna plowut through these Manzardo or.
Speaker 5: Kurtz Manzardo, I think.
Speaker 3: Oh I forgot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a Kurtz one and we got the soda Strom ones in here. I would go with Kurts as well. All right, so now here's our soda strom ones. These are all these are all putting us to test here game soda Strom or Vientos Man, you know, And no, I'm.
Speaker 5: Gonna say probably Viano's still.
Speaker 4: I know that's probably of an already take at this point, but give me that guy in that lineup who can still drive in a hundred plus. I'm filling it for joeyp in more ways than one today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you one hundred percent are about to say a piece of pa was here. We know exactly what this would be. I am.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be recentcy. I'm gonna say sodas strum on that one. I'm not, but I'm not a big.
Speaker 3: I'm not a big Vento's guy right now, Goldie or soda strum.
Speaker 4: Man the soda strim questions. The more that we get, the more I realize how much I like him. I think it's probably Soderstrom Goldschmid has been pretty decent to start the year. I mean, he's batt in three point fifty. But I think it's Soderstrom.
Speaker 3: I think it's Soda Strim as well. All Right, this one.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to go to sodastrm on this one. And it's not a Homer take. But you tell me Josh Naylor or Soda Strom.
Speaker 5: No, it's Naylor. We need to draw the line somewhere.
Speaker 2: Okay, we drew the line, so there you go. We're definitely like in on on what Soda Strim is doing for the most part. Maybe me a tiny bit more, but not over a guy like Josh Naylor. So that's where the lines are a little rookie. Lookie here, Logan Henderson is getting the call by the Brewers. We've been talking about this for a little bit, just waiting to get him up.
Speaker 3: A couple of people had asked some questions.
Speaker 2: I think it was yeah, right here, trill, what's your take on Logan Henderson getting the call and need one more pitching streamer this week? Is he worth an ad head to head points twelve team? I kind of think he is. He definitely builds off of a lot of command. I think he's gonna get some early swing and misses. The problem is is, like, you know, he's going to pitch around in the zone a decent amount, so you know, pinning that matchup, there could be a little bit of home runs going. But I think he can go deeper into game. In a points league, I'm even a little bit more likely to do it because I don't think he's gonna get absolutely blown up. And I'm not chasing like a quality start or anything like that. I'm just, you know cha, I'm just chasing the stats every single inning, So I think I would.
Speaker 3: What about you and Logan Henderson?
Speaker 4: Again, I'm not like a huge minor league guy, but like you mentioned, the home runs have kind of been pretty prevalent for him, especially last season across the miners one point four homer for nine. But I think that he's pretty solid. I'm always a little bit nervous about starting a guy in their first career outing. I would prefer to go a different route depending on what's on the wire, but it's not a horrible idea. I just tend to generally just fade guys making their debut this.
Speaker 2: Is well, I'm gonna this isn't the question this person is doing. But Til though says Kumar was just dropped in a twelve team dynasty, points like should I chase upside and speculatively add I'd say yeah in the dynasty pinning what the drop is, Yeah, maybe, but who would you rather for this season and redraft right now?
Speaker 3: Kumar or Logan Henderson.
Speaker 4: Probably take the chance on Henderson. Rocker just hasn't really looked good. That start against Seattle was kind of the nail on the coffin for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I will.
Speaker 2: Say I don't think Logan Henderson is as solidified anything. He's probably gonna go back down to the miners because you've got Myers who's about to come back in woodrift.
Speaker 3: But Kumar is not really doing anything for anybody.
Speaker 2: A little bit more in the rookie lookie, we had had this hopeful, optimistic speculative since with Zebi Matthews. It was, Oh, David Festa is going to come up, but guess what on Monday, there's an open spot. Nope, David fest is pitching today. Zebe is still down in the minors, but in his last start had seven strikeouts, one run, five innings in a Triple A start. In his fastball, he kind of tapered it down to start and then he was pumping like ninety eight I think close to ninety nine. Zebi looks really good if he gets an opportunity. I mean, if Festa gets blown up at all today, I think we could see Zebi soon. Jordan Walker one for four solo home run in Triple A over with Reno on Tuesday. He's now hitting two ninety two with a three ninety five OBP and a five twenty three slug so almost a three four five sixteen games so far this season, three homers, twelve RBI, four steals. I think the speculation is, oh, hey, Kateel could miss time. I am told that kuld Tell will be back for the next home.
Speaker 3: Series that is next week.
Speaker 2: Could Tell I was at the Diamondbacks facility yesterday. He was working out. He was on the side field working you in his stuff. Didn't stay for any games. Could be in a game this weekend and then is going to stay here and then Tuesday. So look for Kotel Marte to be coming up Tuesday. But I don't think he is going to be the reason that Jordan Walker is gonna come up. Jordan Walker's playing second base right now. I wonder if they keep moving him around. But he is hot, hot, hot right now. And if he does come up, he's someone we're gonna want to look at. And then finally on the rookie lookies, Matt Shaw. Matt Shaw has been demoted. We salute you, Jordan Lawler, I said, Jordan Walker. We salute you and say goodbye. Is there any worth for you to hold on to Matt Shaw while he tries to figure this out?
Speaker 5: Not in redraft leagues?
Speaker 4: No, Like he's a solid hold in Dynasty, of course, but Redraft now you move on well, And that.
Speaker 2: Is the reason that is going to take us to this week's Microsoft Challenge. Chasing challenges brought to you by Microsoft. Just like the athletes who push boundaries and redefine what's possible business decision makers today or turning challenges into opportunities, Microsoft meets you where you are with tools and guidance to help you make an impact with safe, secure AI solutions. Whatever challenge you're facing, Microsoft empowers you with the expertise to say bring it on. And in this segment, we spotlight the challenge faced by Matt Shaw because Matt Shaw was overmatched. Unfortunately in his debut, even though we saw him hit high in the lineup in the Japan series, he went all the way down to nine, could not find consistent contact on a team that desperately needs to win.
Speaker 3: But this story has been.
Speaker 2: Told over years and years. We see it all the time. A top prospect comes up, he doesn't do great in his debut, he's sent down, and then people say he's done, he's cooked, but he's not, and they are not. We saw Mike Trout go through this. We've seen countless prospects just take time. Hunter Green had gone through this, whether whether it's pitching or hitting. So do we want to hold on to match on fantasy right now?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: I think he is expended, but we need to keep a.
Speaker 2: Close eye on because just because he was sent to the miners doesn't mean that his fantasy season is going to be completely done. Let's see if he can check a few boxes in the miners and maybe he'll be back up in May, because they're probably still going to need him unless they make some big moves. That, my friends, is this week's chasing challenges. Remember Microsoft's AI solutions empower you to take bold steps and new ideas to help drive your business forward. With Microsoft as your trusted partner, you can navigate your journey with confidence, finding innovative solutions, and reaching new possibilities. Visit Microsoft dot com slash challengers to learn more.
Speaker 6: It's the Smucker's Uncrustables podcast with your host Uncrustables. Okay, today's guest is Rough around the Edges. Please welcome Crust. Thanks for having me today's topic. He's round with soft pillowy bread hey filled with delicious pbnjy, are you talking about yourself? And you can take him anywhere?
Speaker 2: Why do you invite?
Speaker 3: And we are out of time?
Speaker 6: Are you really cutting me off on.
Speaker 3: Crestables are the best part of the sandwich? Sorry, Crust, there we go.
Speaker 2: That's always a joey thing. So I was able to We're able to get through that with a little bit of challenges.
Speaker 3: That was fun.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go do some three up and three down, three up. Dylan Moore three for five, two homers against the Red, stepping in the Red, stepping in for Victor Roebliss a bunch. Alan Roden hit his first career homer off of Spencer Schwellenbach and Tyler Molly six shutout innings versus the Angels picked up nine strikeouts.
Speaker 5: In the win.
Speaker 2: It is just lally man to me because they had originally put Patrick Corbin in as the starter for that and I was betting against it, and then Molly comes in and they shut that thing down. Dude, Tyler Molly looked really good against that Angels team.
Speaker 5: Yeah, on short notice.
Speaker 4: I mean the different sites, there were some of them that had Corbyn going, there were some of them that had Molly going. It looks like the kind of had to fill in for some reason.
Speaker 5: They did a swap.
Speaker 3: But Corbyn's today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Tyler Molly through nineteen innings as a sub one era a point eight six whip.
Speaker 5: Is that going to continue?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: I would say that probably not going to get a hell of a lot for him, But package him up and see what you can get for him after your daylight today. For me, personally, I just don't buy it in the long run.
Speaker 2: If Logan Henderson was out there and you had to drop Tyler Molly, would you do it?
Speaker 5: God, I'd probably take a chance on Henderson.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I Just with a guy like Molly who's been around for so long, we know who he is, right, unless he's making drastic changes this year, which I'm not really seeing. He's still walking a lot of batters. He has a really low babbit high strand rate. I think it's just been a lucky couple starts for him. I would kind of try and take advantage of that in the trade market if you can. You're not going to get a king's ransom for him. But you know, as a package with another guy could do something.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't do that.
Speaker 2: I would not drop Molly to pick up Logan Henderson. And I guess I always kind of come back to the same thing and prove me wrong, show me and I'll jump on it. But there's so many guys that we just we sit on these shows and just are like, we should trade this guy, we should trade this guy. And it's like, who in God's name is buying Tyler Molly that is worth moving off of him? Like what if Tyler becomes a nine K per nine guy on a Rangers team that picks up their offense and there's tons of wins support it's not a great ballpark, But what if he's a what if he's an under four era pitcher for the rest of the year, picks up eleven wins. It's like, was it worth trading him when no one believes? So that's Kiren Parris to him. I just I struggle with guys like this. But the context of what you're saying, I totally understand. You're like, hey, this is not gonna last. I don't really buy into it. Move off of him. I don't know what that looks like outside of maybe like a two person trade like you were saying, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Like Kien Paris and Tyler Molly for I don't know, pick any top one hundred player who's been struggling so far and maybe it gets it done. Probably not, but we see see crazy stuff come across the inbox every day.
Speaker 5: You never know, no harm in trying, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, you're one hundred percent right about that. There's no harm in trying. And uh, you know, you look at the YouTube comments, You're going to see people that are able to pull some crazy trades together. So maybe you can put him out there and see who's overreacting.
Speaker 3: On the down.
Speaker 2: Are we overreacting? I don't know, but Joe and I just did the trade video about a day and a half or a day ago, and one of the highlighted players we were trying to get out from was Luis Castillo, and Luis Castillo was tagged for six runs and four and one third innings by the Reds. On Tuesday, we also saw Sean Burke give up five against the A's not so great and then making his season debut after returning from the IL. Alexis Diaz with the Reds was pulled mid inning after walking two of four batters that he faced in the game against the Mariners. There so not a great return, especially with Francona kind of like, you know, jumping around to closers and potential, you know, Emilio Pagan. I'm not sure that really bodes super well. But you want to add anything on the Lais Castillo thing because you and I were and you can go to Diaz as well, but you and I were really hyper focused on Castillo as kind of a trade and things were not great yesterday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm totally into trading Castillo. It might be a little bit harder after today. When we were talking yesterday, his ERA for the season was like two point one and now it's at four point two two, So that might have been very short for you. Maybe you can still do something to move off of him. But go check out the trade video on the channel from yesterday, kind.
Speaker 5: Of laid it all out.
Speaker 4: The stuff and fastball velocity declining in each of the last four seasons as he enters into his mid thirties.
Speaker 5: Just kind of a bad recipe.
Speaker 4: And also with Seattle, you trust them for the home starts, but then you see what happens when they're away from Seattle.
Speaker 5: It's a big risk.
Speaker 4: Not just for Castillo, but all of their pitchers have kind of extreme home and a waste splits. But for a guy like Castillo when there's the other concerns, that's not good. But for the Reds, Alexis Diaz is probably a drop. I think, like Terry Francona, wasn't the one who christened him the closer, He wasn't his closer. For these past several years. He seems to like Pegan. Pegan has been getting the saves consistently. We see Das continue to struggle dealing with an early season injury. Maybe he gets back into that role at some point, but I think Diaz is the third or fourth best reliever on this team. Tony Santian is probably better at this point. Pegan has been doing well. Holding Diaz is gonna be tricky.
Speaker 3: I think I can't do it.
Speaker 2: I can't cut Diez off of his return from the IL and one bad outing because he has been the closer. I think that's way too preemptive. I think you need to wait and see what does the next outing look like. I don't think it'll be a save situation. I think you need a tiny bit of time before you go and make a drastic move off of him. But I understand Francona, he might be done. We just don't have any big actual word on that. I'd also say when you were talking about, you know, the comments section going in and talking about Luis Castillo or Alexis Diaz or whatever it is that we've been talking about on the YouTube side, an opportunity to win Nico Horner jersey that we've got. We've We're always given away great things. I know, our boy CALLI we got it right there.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 2: You can win this Nico Horner signed jersey. All you've got to do is subscribe to the Fantasy pros MLB YouTube channel. Guys are watching live on Twitch. Now go over there YouTube dot com slash Fantasy pros MLB, hit subscribe, and then comment on a video so you can go to our trade video and talk about players that you are looking to trade away.
Speaker 3: Trade four. Comment on any video and that gets you locked in. You could win this.
Speaker 2: Nico Horner signed jersey courtesy of US I think Priscine auction as well. The Nico Horner putting them putting them cubs up and o'kali probably hurts for that. When Nico Horner got that run, I think it was in the tenth or ninth or whatever it was, but Nico Horner getting some of it done. Let's hit Let's hit a few questions in here. You guys have been stacking that up. Let's go right here. Thoughts on Jonathan Aranda. Jonathan Ronda has been hitting four for the Reds. Are you a by on Ronda right now?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I'm kind of a by on him.
Speaker 4: The only problem is that there's been so many breakouts that are all first baseman this year. Soderstrom tarkles, it's hard for dhs. Yeah, first base slash DH Manzardo's kind of cooled off, but there's been so many first base pickups that it does get a little bit hard to pick up all of them and start all of them. A lot of leagues don't even have those corner infield spots, so it's just like a guy sent me a question yesterday. He has Schwarber, Harper, and Soderstrom and just the first base in DH spot, so he's sitting one of them every single day. In the shallow leagues, it does get very hard. But Miranda, I think, I think his first in Major League baseball at WRC plus three homers, he's batt in four thirteen twenty one on the barrel, sixty two hard hit. The numbers are stupid, they're unsustainable to this degree, but last year nearly a seventeen percent barrel rate, forty seven on the hard hit.
Speaker 5: The ballpark is great. I love him. It's hard to figure out.
Speaker 4: The priority for these first basemen, but like, would you take him over?
Speaker 3: So Tostrom, absolutely not.
Speaker 2: I don't like Ronda as much as you have good contact skills and he's being putting. Sometimes you just get these dudes that just make the contact and you put them at four and then all of a sudden, they're just good. Things are gonna happen. I'm just not sure he's ever going to be a massive counting stat guy. I am a firm sodastrom over Aroanda.
Speaker 3: But you know, maybe he might.
Speaker 2: He might have a really great shot at staying in that spot all season, though.
Speaker 5: I think I'm still so strom over Aranda. I just wanted to figure out where you were on that one.
Speaker 2: Sure, Lisa, will Dylan Cruz get sent down? You think they're gonna send Cruise down.
Speaker 4: It's definitely possible. He's not really looked that great dealing bases. He has what is it, four stolen bases so far, but he's patting a buck twenty thirty five percent strikeout right.
Speaker 5: His WRC plus this is minus thirteen. It's just really bad.
Speaker 4: He might he might end up going down at some point. I wouldn't drop him just yet, but there's a chance.
Speaker 2: There was one more I wanted to hit in this little section. I just went away from it. Thoughts on Cameron Meisner. So we're going to be doing the Waiver Wire video that's going to be coming out tomorrow, and I can I'm gonna just preview to tell you that we're going to talk about Cameron Meisner. I'm very much in on Meisner, and the Rays have got a bunch of sneak They're just sneaky guys. And which of those guys are going to stick around you Like Aronda, you got Mangum that's up there stealing bases. I'm very much in to Cameron Meisner right now. Ten percent barrel rate, fifty one percent hard hit. He's not striking out, consistently hitting the ball. Frankly, you know what, the profile kind of looks like, kind of looks like a SODASTRM right now. I mean slow strikeout rate, walking some crazy good hit tool. He's striking the ball really hard. He's hitting almost four hundred with three homers. I think my end Meiser's being put in some good RBI opportunities. I think Meisner is a definite pick up right now.
Speaker 4: What's say you, Yeah, I think the cheap comp But the one that actually does make sense kind of.
Speaker 5: Is Josh Lowe.
Speaker 4: You know, decent power, really good speed, he pulls the ball up, he strikes out. He is the replacement essentially, so it's a little bit of an obvious one, but he's put up some really good minor league seasons in twenty twenty four, it was seventeen homers and thirty steals. Twenty twenty three it was twenty one homers twenty one steals. The strikeouts are usually a bit of a concern. Wouldn't expect the sixteen percent strikeout right to last like at all, He's probably going to be above thirty percent. But while he's doing what he's doing, he's definitely worth picking up in the upshot. Is a fifteen to fifteen season from him potentially, if not even.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I really I really like Meiser right now, I'm picking him up for sure. Let's talk about some injuries. There are a bunch of things. Let's burn through these. Carlos Korea had to leave Tuesday after injuring his wrist on a swing.
Speaker 3: Considered day to day.
Speaker 2: He's out of the lineup today as his Mount Walner, so they're a little bit light, with David Festa Orioles hopeful that Efflyn is out weeks instead of months. We also had Grace Rodriguez with no timetable, still a lot ahead, which is a really bad sign for him coming back anytime soon. And Kyle Bradish is moving along really well in his rehab from Tommy John hoping to return later in this summer, So they've got an arsenal of pitchers they need to come back. They have almost nobody right now, Go make a trade, please? Why at Langford could be activated as soon as this weekend recovering from that oblique injury. Absolutely huge for all of us in fantasy and just a good boost to that Rangers team. I'd love to have a really good contact hitter at the middle of the lineup after Corey Seeger because then you've got, you know, Jock who's struggling, one of the lowest babtists in baseball.
Speaker 3: Behind Josh Young Berger. All these guys are struggling.
Speaker 2: It's like it's a struggle sandwich is Corey Seger in the middle of like Simeon who's at the front, he's one bun he's struggling, and then all these other big power hitters.
Speaker 3: So we need Langford to come back big, big time.
Speaker 2: I don't know if there's anything to say in here, but like, I want the Rangers to kick back. I thought these guys are going to be crazy, and it's just everybody is struggling outside of like Josh Young and Seeger.
Speaker 4: Right now, Yeah, I called them the best offense in the American League before the season. It doesn't feel very smart at this point. I think we're going to get there eventually, and getting Langford back should do wonders for them.
Speaker 5: He looked very good before he went down.
Speaker 4: I worry a little bit with the oblique because wasn't there something in spring as well? Like I hope this doesn't become a recurring thing for him, But it's good that he should be back this weekend.
Speaker 2: Oh, obliques in general, obliques in general, it's Scarry Jackson Merril slowly ramping up.
Speaker 3: He did some VP and bunting drills. He's still not running.
Speaker 2: He's not going to come off the IL when he is first eligible, so mark your fantasy calendars for that. Zach Netto could be activated. I think I'm saying as soon as tomorrow. I saw something saying this weekend. But like he's been at Triple A. I think he had another homer. He's got four homers in twelve rehab games with Triple A. Salt Lake doesn't need to be there anymore. It's any day and Friend of the Show DJ hers he's undergoing Tommy John surgery. I think that is really friends of the show are not want to be friends of.
Speaker 5: The show, right, We're gonna stay away from us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, all right.
Speaker 2: It doesn't deserve the song because it was a bad betting day, so we're not gonna joyfully sing it's the best bets that No, it's the best bets of the day. Let's get serious. We're talking bets here, Joe Rico. It's an interesting slate today. There's a bunch of early games. I kind of moved away from the early games. You are, you're back on the heavy player prop. So what do you got today?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm targeting some total bass overs. There's one safer bet. We're gonna get to it in a little bit, but the total basis, I'm going with Lawrence Butler over one and a half at plus one thirty, I don't really understand it. Going up against Jonathan Cannon and the White Sox. This feels like a pretty easy opportunity.
Speaker 5: To make some money.
Speaker 4: And then Jose Ramirez plus one twenty over one and a half total bases going up against Dean Kramer. It just feels like these lines are a little odd. I would have thought maybe you'd see a you know, point five bases at a bit of a juiced line for both of these guys. But I'll take the one and a half at plus one twenty and then this one is minus one seventy five. So in terms of the value, it's not great, but it just feels like a really weird number. Max Meyer over three and a half strikeouts. He's facing the Diamondbacks, but I'm striking out less than any team in baseball at the moment.
Speaker 5: That being said, three and a.
Speaker 4: Half still feels really easy for a guy like Max Meyer, who's a twenty five percent roughly twenty five percent strikeout.
Speaker 5: Rate guy to achieve.
Speaker 4: He's been doing well so far this season. If you think it's a little bit too juice, you can maybe pair one of those together and get that number down. You probably get plus three hundred or so if you throw those in a parlay. But Lawrence Butler, Jose Ramirez over on the basis and then Max Meyer over on three and a half strikeouts.
Speaker 3: I'm I think you're mentioning the Angels one of those.
Speaker 2: I'm tailing some first fives today, just you know, an all transparency bad day for me yesterday, not even like like I'll say many times. You know, sometimes the process is really great and then blah, now it wasn't good yesterday. It kind of a blow up there my life betting did save me, so again that's kind of the plug to betting pros on the app that picked me up pretty big the day.
Speaker 3: So I'm going with a couple first fives right now.
Speaker 2: I don't really love any of the player props as far as the pitching market goes. I don't play a whole lot of total based stuff in general. But I'm gonna be tailing Bryce Miller on the first five money line minus won ten, so we're looking for obviously the win, but a push can save us. And backing Jose Soriano through the first five minus one forty that one's juiced up a little bit, but he has just been a monster. So first fives in Seattle and the Angels for me for.
Speaker 3: Those best bets of the day where we can earn back the song that probably no one really even wants us to do.
Speaker 2: Let's take a look at the home run board. There were no homers yesterday, I think for absolutely anybody. Maybe a couple, but I don't see much movement. I think me and Wonkey were seven and eight yesterday, we're both sitting at eight. We've got a Ferret and Marty both at eleven at the top. We got a couple tens in there, Razor Ramone, we got the people. It is still very very obtainable. If you guys get an Amazon Prime Twitch connection. If you can connect those two bad boys, you can get in on the home run contest, or you can be a part of the premium discord. You can do that as well, and you can win that Sammy Sosa Jersey autograph. Samy so said Jersey to the winner of the home run contest. So not a lot of movement. So that means there are some people to catch. Joe who and how are you catching? Who's your home run call for today?
Speaker 4: Well, we wanted to target him yesterday. We're gonna target him today because of that switch in the pitching matchup was Patrick Corbin going up against the Angels. I'm taking Jorge Celearra to hit a home run plus two seventy on the various books. If you're looking to bet that one, it's Patrick Corbyn. Whether you're betting the home runs individually, the over earned runs, the over hits, you know the Angels team total Angel's money line. Bet against Patrick Corbin. Make yourself some free money today?
Speaker 3: What did I call it? You're picking on me? What did I say? It's a sub subscription? What did I say?
Speaker 5: They say? I don't know, let me know.
Speaker 3: What I said?
Speaker 5: Call? Is that? So Mayor messing with you? Oh it's not Mayor. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know what I said.
Speaker 2: I said something stupid shock welshism. So yesterday, dummy, I saw that Patrick Corbin was on the slate, I bet against it. I went with Mike Trout and then apparently I looked at the wrong place. I got screwed or just screwed myself and it went against me.
Speaker 3: Tyler Molly was amazing.
Speaker 2: But I see Patrick Corbin is back, So I am going right back to Mike Trout. That was my whole dig was Mike Trout versus Patrick Corbin. So I am back on Mike Trout today, going up Patrick Corbin. Bang, we're not going to go over runs, but you and I both attacking him. So he is assuredly going to go six and strike out nine and he'll be at Tyler Molly again.
Speaker 3: But you guys can be a part of it.
Speaker 2: Join in on the Discord and you can get on the home run contest and guess what more opportunities to talk to us today? Tons of questions, tons in the chat and I know we didn't get to a lot of it. Well, guess what you want to get to more of it? You guys can come over to the discord two pm Eastern today Arico and I we're doing the live show on Discord. We're doing cleaning Up. I remember, there's so many shows in there where we're going to be bringing you guys on to answer questions. And then at four pm Eastern live on YouTube, we'll be back again answering questions for a full hour. So if it's missed here, come on over and hang out live with us. And you can always hang out live Monday through Friday on Twitch at twitch dot tv slash Fantasy Pros. That is going to do it, my friends. Hope you guys have a fantastic day. For Joe Rico. I'm Chris Welsh. We will talk to you next time right here on leading off.
Speaker 7: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball Podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy pros At. Subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com Slash Fantasy Pros MLB