Speaker 1: To on the move, going deep speedways peas do.
Speaker 2: From the Baptist Health Studios inside the Baptist Health Training Complex.
Speaker 3: This is Drivetime with Travis Wingfield. He's got my hands in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: What is up Dolphins and welcome to the Draft Time Podcast. I am your host, Travis Wingfield. And on today's show, it's that time of year, guys, undrafted free agents are here and we have none other than the Great Every Hunt to break it all down for us, telling us who he thinks will make the roster, the skills of those players, and the entire Dolphins draft class. From the Baptist Health Studios inside the Baptist Health Training Complex. This is the Draft Time Podcast. My guest today, the Great every Hunt, wasting no time on this special edition of the podcast. My guest today Emery Hunt and Emory Man. We had to go back and forth a few times to find a time to do this show because you're already on the grind again, my friend, tell the people where this game has taken you this week, and please tell me, Please tell me Man, there's a vacation for you in the near future.
Speaker 4: Well, listen, I'm all about ball man, and I'm always gonna be about ball. And so I was in Canada at the University of Waterloo. So it's in Waterloo, Ontario, and they start their college football season by playing their postseason All Star game before the season. So I was at the East West Bowl, the U Sports, which is the NCAA for the Canadian colleges, So the U Sports East West Bowl. I've been going up there since twenty thirteen. So it allows me to get to jump on the Canadian prospects that we'll ultimately see, you know, down in the States, you know, in January and the postseason All Star game circuit. So I already knew about let's just say, for this draft class purpose, I already knew about Giovanni Manu and Theo Benneedett based on what I saw from them.
Speaker 1: You know who laughs me up in Canada.
Speaker 3: It's amazing.
Speaker 2: It never ceases to blow my mind how far and why this game can take you and how much you put the time in. Man. That's why we love having you on for this edition of the Draft Time podcast, because Emory, it's that time of year again.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: You've told us about Robert Jones, about Cater Kohu, about Braylen Sanders, who didn't make the team out of camp, but he was the first UDFA of that class on offense to get offensive snaps that season. I'm going to count that one as well. Julian Hill and Chris Brooks all making the team as Emory predicted they would on this exact edition of the Draft Time podcast. And Emory, I'm looking at our past chats are our dms we exchange on Twitter, and you've got a couple of misses in there, but you're batting well over five hundred, which is a good draft batting average. And pretty much every UDFA who's taken snaps with the Dolphins, you've mentioned them as an undrafted rookie with a chance to make the squad. And I'm not sure if this number is out by now. It probably is, but it used to be like a three percent chance, for like three percent chance for an undrafted guy to make the roster.
Speaker 3: Do you think that's an accurate number?
Speaker 4: Probably so, because a lot of times, what we're finding now is teams are really stacked with depth and they're not really a lot of spots available, which is why they had to open up that practice squad to more players. So we're seeing teams, you know, retain a lot of draft picks and not really have the room to really stash undrafted rookie free agents.
Speaker 2: I like it that way because I think for the longest time NFL kind of needed some version of a you know, a minor league system.
Speaker 3: And you don't obways think at the games that way.
Speaker 2: But having sixteen guys and you're building are seventeen with the international Pathway program position they have this year or always, i should say, but from Miami they have Bayramatos in that role. But I just think it's cool because you get a chance to evaluate more players and get guys more chances to develop their game. So back to the question, which is this, take us into what you do with these players that many consider sleep because you know him so well. I want you to take us into the mind of the area scout. Who's who's the one trying to uncover these gems because they're out there.
Speaker 3: How the heck do you find them?
Speaker 4: Well, you gotta get to get a six on the ground. You gotta get boots on the ground, man. And that's the part of the process that I really enjoy because I attend all eight All Star Games and all Star Games. So again I just told you guys, I'm at the East West Bowl right up in Canada. But then once we get down to December, I'm at the FCS Bowl, which the first All Star game in the States out of the gate. Then I'm at the Hula Bowl, Tropical Bowl, College Gridin Showcase, HPCU Legacy Bowl, Senior, and Trine. And we no longer have the NFLPA Bowl, but when we had it, I was there. So if you are at these smaller all star games, you're going to see players. Case in point. Last year, I was talking all throughout the draft process. I was talking about a guy that I saw at the College Grind Showcase in Colton Dowell out of ut Martin. I was like, Yo, this dude, he's legit, man, He's just you know, baking these cornerbacks. He ends up getting drafted in the seventh round by the Tennessee Titans.
Speaker 1: This year.
Speaker 4: All throughout the offseason circuit, the postseason All Star game, I kept bringing up a guy. So at the FCS Bowl in Tropical bal And, Levey Dridg Rodriguez out of Texas A and them Commerce gets drafted by the Minnesota Vikings in the seventh round. No one knows who he was, but I saw him live twice and saw him ball out at both All Star Games. And that's the type of stuff that you have to do if you're an Area scout. Area Scouts are there, it's Area Scouts, and it's meet these smaller All Stars. Everybody else just wats to the Singer Bowl or some me trickling at the Shrine Bowl. But man, if you get out to these smaller All Star games, you're gonna uncover some gyms. And these are a lot of guys that end up being undrafted free agents.
Speaker 2: I think a m commerce is gonna have to start paying you for your services because you're talking about him. And also Cater Kohu, who is on the Miami Dolphins roster here, So you're getting some gems out of that, just out of that one school alone right there. Let's go ahead and get into this right now, Emory, because we have twelve UDF that we get our first look at on the field today. By the way, Rookie Many Camp kicks off on Friday, just a couple of hours after this episode drops. I'll go ahead and read you the list and then we'll just go ahead and have you tell me the guys that stand out off of that list. Receiver Jaquan Burton from FAU, safety Jordan Colbert from Rhode Island. Cornerback Storm Duck I had unc on here, but he actually transferred Louisville lat year, so he played his last season at Louisville. Quarterback Gavin Hardison from UTIP. That's Nick Eatams UTIP, by the way, cornerback Isaiah Johnson from Syracuse. Offensive lineman Matt Jones from Ohio State the IPP player I mentioned, Betro Matos the tackle. Offensive lineman Andrew Mayer or Sorry Meyer out of UTEP, Linebacker Grace and Murphy from UCLA. Defensive tackle Entered Payne from Colorado, safety Mark Perry from TCU, and tight end Hayden Rucci from Wisconsin. Emery the Flora Giers. Who you got on that list? Man, Well, let's start offense and then go defense. Jakwhan Burton was someone that really stood out to me at the College Godwin showcase. And when you're watching him run, you like, Wow, this.
Speaker 4: Dude has like his speed is completely different than everybody else's, Like he is super explosive. And when you think about him being a dynamic piece. It makes sense that he ends up in Miami, where everyone that's explosive ends up down south on South Beach. But watching him work at the College Grin Showcase and then seeing him get a call up to the Hula Bowl, it was just like, it makes sense because he first step quickness is ridiculous and so he was showing you at two separate All Star.
Speaker 1: Games that he could do things really well.
Speaker 4: Then you go back and watch this film and you see that he was open a lot, but his quarterback couldn't get him the football because they had a lot of you know, quarterback issues at FAU. But you know, speed five to ten seven can legit fly and track the football if you get if you know the old saying, if he's even he's leaving, that's him to tea. So I think he has you know, he fits in perfectly with Todds Washington and Malie Washington, all these fast guys that they have on their So that's one guy, you know, number one, and you know two. I'll go on defense, right, and I feel like Grayson Murphy was a very underrated player, right. And when I look at the type of guys that they signed in Miami or drafted I'm sorry in Miami. You know Chop Robinson and also Mohamma Kamara. Both of these guys are legit the same type guys. So it was Grayson Murphy right six two two fifty one solid East West Sprian Bowl. He's heavy handed, has great core strength, he works through contact rather well to collapse the pocket, and he is someone that has a legit shot to make it. Because again we're talking about rotating talent and waves, and you see Jail and Phillips and Bradley Chuck. You know, they're the starters. Plus they're you know, the nurse some injuries they're coming back from. But you're bringing Shaq Barrett, who's cut from Saint Clautha's Mo Kamara who played at the same school as Shaq Barrett, Chop Robinson, the same kind of way Race and Murphy. So they're trying to get waves of guys to get in there and get after the quarterback. So I think that's one that that really impressed me a lot. Storm Duck he talked about North Carolina. People forget he also played at app State and he also played at Lottill He you know, came out of Louisville.
Speaker 1: But what's interesting about his time at Louisville.
Speaker 4: You know, I think people once they realized, oh he loved you and c oh, well, you know, now that's that's that's a rap. But Storm Duck can ball, and he was well coached at Louisville. Their cornerbacks coach Steve Ellis has produced some studs everywhere he's going. When he was at Middle Tennessee, Travarious War, when he was at East Carolina, Jakua McMillan. Now he's at Louisville. You have Storm Duck, you have Jarvis Brown League that came out this.
Speaker 1: Year as well. Duck can play.
Speaker 4: Duck is physical, He's got great size, good technique, solid man cover skills.
Speaker 1: I think he has a legit chance to make it.
Speaker 4: And Mark Perry to me the safety out of TCU.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing about TCU.
Speaker 4: I know their defense collectively wasn't as good as we're normally used to seeing a TCU defense. But at the end of the day, he is someone that's a strong safety but does a really good job and you know, communicating through his own cover, so he understands assignments, understands how to stay disciplined in his assignment deep, you know, so you can trust him as a split field safety, but also has the explosiveness to close on a receiver and jar the ball loose. So he is someone to me that can defend the run but also isn't a liability in terms of out there in past cover. So those guys to me really stood out in how well they played. But I also mentioned Isaiah Johnson unique story. He was dominant at Dartmouth, and I thought he would have stayed at Dartmouth and left straight from there, but transferred one to you know, compete into the portal, played two seasons. I believe it at Syracuse. I think he's more of a strong own safety than in the corner or it could be more of a combo kind of guy. But he's long, he's athletic, has good ball skills. But I remember him dominating at Dartmouth and and kind of selfishly wishing he would stay there and just you know, becoming that big fish in a small pond. But you go to Syracuse, you play, but you kind of get lost in the shelfing what's going on.
Speaker 1: He ended up not getting drafted.
Speaker 2: It's funny you mentioned the conversion to potential safety. Except the first note I put when I watched his tape was I think this guy could move to safety and be pretty good at that spot as well. It kind of reminds me a little bit of Trill Williams, the guy that we had in camp here for a couple of years who had that just imposing length and size on the boundary there at Syracuse. He kind of has that similar build and temperament as Tryll Williams did. So you've already got as much information here from Emory Hunt on this UDFA classes. You're gonna get an other Dolphins podcast out there. Well, we ain't done Yet's go ahead and take our first break right there. Come back on the other side, and we're gonna have some follow ups for you that I know you're gonna give us some great answers here on this UDFA class for the twenty twenty four Miami Dolphins.
Speaker 3: That's next.
Speaker 2: My guest today, Emory Hunt on the Draft Time podcast, your host Travis Wingfield, brought to you by Auto Nation. I want to pick it back up here in segment two with my guests, is ay Emory Hunt talking about something that you alluded to when you were talking about Jakwan Burton, the receiver from FAU and his fit in the Miami offense and Emery. Every guy go down here, whether it's draft pick, a free agent, a UDFA, they all fall.
Speaker 3: Under a similar umbrella.
Speaker 2: And I just want to get your take on this, because you can go down the ten split metric and it's across the board. They're all fantastic in their ten splits. The receivers obviously have speed to burn for days. The running backs have a similar slashing style. I'm just curious what you make of a team that knows the type of guy they want and they go after and they really hone in on that particular skill set.
Speaker 3: I'm curious what you think about that.
Speaker 4: I love that linear leadership from GM coach position coach, and you need that in order to have success because you're trying to replicate styles. And so when you see what the Dolphins have done that receiver, what they've done in the backfield with their running back room, it's one of the same. So hey, we could take Tyreek Hill out for a breather or two for you know, two or three plays, but the guy that's coming in is just as fast, if not maybe a half step slower than Tyreek Hill, but he's still faster than your corner.
Speaker 1: And now you're still tired.
Speaker 4: On that other end, this fast dude comes in with fresh legs, hosing the same type of threat. So now when we bring in arrested Tyreek Hill, you are even more tired, and now you have to chase this elite speed. It's crazy how they are never going to give you a break in terms of speed. And that's the type of pressure that that offense puts on you, and it's based off that personnel. But in order to have that, you have to have, you know, everyone on the same page from GM coach, head coach, and position coach, offensive coordinator.
Speaker 1: We need these type of guys.
Speaker 4: Go and find me these type of players, and the GM and his scouts go out and find those type of guys and they just bring him into Miami and that's why they're able to have that success and build that depth that they have across the board.
Speaker 2: I think you're really seeing that, and it's it's cool to see it with a new defensive coordinator, Anthony Weaver, because it kind of feels like he has a very specific vision in mind.
Speaker 3: For what this defense might look like.
Speaker 2: More on that in one second, But first I want to go back to Burton because I had a question for you about his speed because I saw that he timed it a four or five to one, But in watching him, don't it doesn't look that. It looks a lot faster than that. Do you think his play speed's a lot faster than four or five to one?
Speaker 1: Way faster? Yeah, he told me three out of Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's about what I thought too.
Speaker 1: You know, I've seen him live and again.
Speaker 4: He returned kicks, and you know that's something in Illinois and also at FA. So if you're returning to kickoffs, that means you got straight line speed, you got great speed. If you're turning punts, it means you're a little bit more shifty and more elusive than than you know, fast, but you could be fast and also shifty. But kickoff is like, hey, you're a straight speed and this dude turn kickoffs and also was just someone that's just legitimately fast. When you watch him, you know, I put him on scout notes. If he has a two way go, it's a rap because you're gonna catch you flat footed or trying to make a decision and he's able to explode out of his breaks and create even more separation.
Speaker 1: So that's the type of speed he possesses.
Speaker 2: That right there is why I love the Odell Beckham sign, because he's gonna ge two way goes all day inside with Reagan Walla on the perimeter. That's a different podcast for a different day. Let's go back to the defensive side of the football here and go back to Grayson Murphy because that's the guy that really jumped off the list here to me, of everybody, all twelve undrafted rookies for the Dolphins the UCLA I think calling him an edge is almost like disingenuous because of all the you know, walking around and mugging up that he did there at UCLA. I'm curious how you feel like the scheme at UCLA can benefit him here under coach Anthony Weaver. Because we'll talk about Chop Robinson and Mo Kamara here in just a second. But man, when I watched Chop like him playing over the A gap and rushing and putting those centers in an immediate peril with that first step quickness, and Mo Camarage doing the same off the edge, I kind of feel like watching UCLA, there's a lot of similarities there in terms of how they used him and his twin brother Gabe and Lault to rush in the quarterback. You see a kind of similar transition there from UCLA to Anthony Weaver's defense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because he's you know, able to play with his hands rather well. He could set an edge, so he could be he could be across, he could be used across the front, which is why I was shocked he went undrafted. So for me, it's someone that, hey, you know, he was dominated at North Texas and stepped up and played dominant ball at UCLA. And the cool part is he's in a situation where he can be part of that rotation to where it doesn't really you don't wear him down or you don't wear down anyone else that you brought in. And like I mentioned earlier, the fact that they were able to get a bunch of the same type of guys like he is good at the point of attack, he's good off ball if you want him to be a Sam back er so to speak. So he's that cross between the sam and the edge and the fact that he can get to quarterback and plays with his eyes like how we like I talked about how Lea two Latu does, like he's allowing his eyes to bring him to the football.
Speaker 1: Murphy does the same thing.
Speaker 4: And so he's not you know, he's not someone that's gonna get fooled by minis direction. Now, he's not the more explosive guy, but he's a heavy handed puncher. That Cassetta Edge probably going to be a very strong run defender, while the other two guys, the other rookies and Robinson and Kamara are going to be your higher guns to go go and get the quarterback.
Speaker 3: Really good stuff.
Speaker 2: And then then every time we do this, man like you talk about how much you love scouting these these college all star games. This just gets me fired to watch these guys out here on the field with the Baptist Health trading complex. I love love watching these young guys try to, you know, make their dreams come true. Last follow up question for you here, Ray Emery, that the two defensive backs you talked about, we talked about Isaiah Johns a little bit, but Storm Duck and Mark Perry, because yeah, the communication and smarts in the back end is so clear. For Mark Perry, the way he plays that position, But I'm curious. I kind of felt like their skills translate a little bit to special teams. Do you think both those guys could wind up, you know, not just carving out a spot on the roster, but maybe being core special teams guys right away.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what they're gonna have to start.
Speaker 4: And the unique part about the back end of the draft and also undrafted free agents now with a change in the kickoff rules, you probably want guys that are used to traveling down in space and making open field tackles. So that screams safety, That screams outside linebackers and it streams, it screams corners that are physical, and Duck and Perry check both of those boxes. And the cool part is, you know, while his run defense isn't the most consistent, like he tends to you know, ankle bite a little bit they call it, where he's diving at the ankles of the ball carriers coming outside. But in the open field, if you put him in a special teams type situation, he knows, okay, I have to play with better technique here.
Speaker 1: It really does a good job in that.
Speaker 4: So I feel like, yeah, he's gonna have to make his bones as a gunner. Not a gunner, but someone that goes down on kickoffs. But Perry is someone that excels in that because he plays safety. He has that mindset already on like a corner, so I could I could easily see him, you know, thriving as a as a core special team.
Speaker 2: It's a good deep rosters for finding a way onto the Roster're gonna have to do a little bit of everything for these udfas.
Speaker 3: Great stuff. There is always one more segment.
Speaker 2: We're going to talk about the Dolphins draft class with Emery Hunt. That's next here on the Draft Time podcast, your host Travis Wingfield, brought to you by Auto Nation.
Speaker 3: All right, you've done your work so far, so you've put the time in.
Speaker 2: You've given us the detail on the udfas that we have been waiting for a while now to talk to you by I talked about this every time we would come on the show and talk combine or post draft or or I should say post combine, pre draft, whatever it is.
Speaker 3: You always come and deliver on this part of the episode.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna go ahead and throw you a bone and get to more of the kind of the guys that get on the marque, the top of the line guys. We'll go ahead and start in the first round here, And I mean, I love this draft class so much. Go ahe and start with Chop Robinson, who offers rare, rare explosiveness and just as rare of an ability to bend to the cornerback and kind of run that arc and angle back to him. But I'm curious what you think I talked about, you know, coach Weavers defense. Here a little bit about his potential fit under Anthony Weavers. Cause I'm watching Penn States tape and he mugs up in the a gaps and plays that nosebacker spot, and damn it if that's not all over the Ravens tape with Jvan Clowney or Odafe. Oh wait, whoever you want to pick those twitched up dudes, you usually rush the edge. Do you see a similar potential role for Chop Robinson here his rookie season under coach Anthony Weaver with Miami.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because he's not going to be asked to start. And the cool part is, and you kind of see, you know, a little bit of what they thought in terms of tight because he's about the same size as Murphy, you know, so, and the difference between Robinson and Murphy is Robinson is more explosive. So you see Robinson being much more dynamic as more of a pass rusher. I know people were focused on the sack numbers, but I mean he did a great job of funneling a lot of the work to his his teammates and so, but he also made a lot of plays in the backfield versus the run. So you're getting an explosive guy that can play the run, that can be disruptive. But if he's in a situation where he's just a you know, singled up, hired gun as a pass rusher, he's going to excel.
Speaker 1: And I think that's why they made the pick.
Speaker 4: And when you think about a healthy Jail and Phillips and a healthy Bradley Chubb, or if you want to mix and match and maybe put Phillips and Robinson on the field the same time, or put all three on the field at the same time, you had that luxury because as you get deeper into the season, you want your pass rush to be able to go from your first team to your second wave. And if you're able to do that, you're gonna be able to play deeper into the postseason.
Speaker 2: We saw it last year with the Dolphins went heavy after the cornerback position because in twenty twenty two, the attrition there was just so it made the room bleak and you had, you know, seventh eighth guy uh taking their turn because of the injury.
Speaker 3: And last year that was the edge group for Miami.
Speaker 2: So hopefully the same luck happens this year in terms of getting healthier as the year goes on at that spot. Next, Houston's offensive tackle Patrick Paul. We heard from Mike McDaniel and Chris Greer after the selection and they mentioned a few times how even when the technique isn't right, he's still finding his way into wins because of the just sheer size, mass, and overall strength that he plays with. First, just your snapshot on the player, and then I'm curious to hear your perspective on drafting a toolsy player like that, a guy that has the high weight, speed and coaching him up.
Speaker 3: What to you is the key to doing that well?
Speaker 4: He has really good technique and he's able to you know, tie his form and footwork together and does a good job with that and The first note I have in my scour report is like, he's very tough to.
Speaker 1: Move off the spot.
Speaker 4: Like you know, he's six seven, three thirty one, So you have a big, large offensive tackle that also has really good recognition which ties into the footwork, which ties into the hand usage.
Speaker 1: It's impressive.
Speaker 4: You know, he'll just have to quicken up to you know, his process in terms of making that move from coolers to the pros and getting his hands on a defender first.
Speaker 1: You know, he's gonna have to.
Speaker 4: If you're big, sometimes you got to play big and you know, quicken enough. That process is going to be big for him. But the cool part is he's going to get a lot of reps in training camp because he's behind to Ron Armstead, and you know Armstead is you know, future Hall of Famer potentially, uh, someone that's gonna you know, have those vet days and when you have, you're going to be able to take advantage of you Patrick Paul. So you it's the rare opportunity for someone to you know, be a tuosy player that has some fine tuning to do, and we'll get that opportunity to do that based on who he's behind a veteran that can take some days off and really in preparation for the season. So you're going to see a rare case where Paul may be getting a lot of work with the ones, you know, just based off training camp reps. But that's going to help him develop quicker, faster and become a strong swing player in year one with I see year two being a starter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Tista does not need training camp.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's out here, he works, and I love that he's going to be on the field, working with the guys and being that kind of voice in the ear of Patrick Paul. They're both students of Duke Many whether they're O line mastermind. So good on, good there with both of those guys and Emory, I've been most excited to talk to you about this next player, this entire podcast, u DFAs track picks, whatever you want to call it. I love talking running backs with you and I had a chance to really dive deep into Jalen Rice tape at Tennessee and I only even have a question for you here.
Speaker 3: But I just think you're going to love this back.
Speaker 2: Just give me the rundown on Jalen Wright at this running back spot.
Speaker 4: Emory well, it has been the common theme of what we talked about all the show is that this dude is exactly what they look for in Miami's He reminds me so much of Riteim Moster and you know, one cut downhill runner with explosive speed. Now he doesn't have the you know, the the vision so to speak, that you kind of can create behind the line of scrimmage. A lane has to be there for him. Pat level needs to come down a bit, which is, you know, weird to talk about a guy that's like five to ten and talk about he has to you know, play with better pad level. But if the lane is there and the hole is there, it's no different than most are. He's going to fly right through it, not run right through it. And then you know it's again talking about waves. So most are a chan. And now right it's like, goodness, man, like you never get tired. You will never get tired on offense in terms of speed and what you bringing in so defensively, while you're running the football and you know you stop it and run, you think you've done a good job against most of you've been able to you know, contain a chan. And now here comes the third guy out the gate and right who has fresh layers and it's still explosive. And now he's hitting those home runs right. And it's not to say that someone Achmed is savonn Achmed is not a pretty quick guy, swifty guy, but there's a significant drop off and speed from Mosterter to e Chan to amed Akman. And that's where Wright comes in. I think that's why right, I feel like no only can have a role there, but also as a kickoff returner because again, based off the new rules, you kind of want to running back back there that that's used to being able to set up blockers and be able to make multiple cuts and not lose acceleration used to carry the football in that In that regard, Wright could have a significant you know impact right out of the gate. Because you don't want you don't want to have you know, burials out there. You want to pull him off special teams. Well, you may not be able to do that now because they signed Odell Beckham, but prior to that, hey, we could remove burials a special teams.
Speaker 1: We don't want to burn a Chan on special teams.
Speaker 4: But you have a guy in right that can return kicks, you could teach him how to return kicks, and he has that speed and explosiveness that you that you like in the backfield.
Speaker 3: No, I liked him. That sounds slide. The idea of a cham backer two excites me.
Speaker 2: But I get the idea of maybe trying to preserve him a little bit more for the offense. And also they thought of thirty personnel with this offense. Man, Like, I know it's not common, but I can I can see a package of thirty personnel with with Reek and Waddle and then the three running backs you just mentioned could be pretty fun. There last one for you here, Amory, gets you out of here. Day three Dolphins drafts of Mohammed Kamara, Malik Washington, Patrick McMorris, and Taj Washington. You touched them a couple of these guys earlier, but just give me one or two of these guys that you loved from the Dolphins Day three and twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: Well, Washington, tas Washington is explosive like he is classic USC receiver, you know, and again Washington is about the same size as Burton. But I see those guys as flankers and not you know, Z receivers and not slot guys, I feel like they can run routes, they can create their separations deeper down the field. I feel like people are sleeping on Patrick mcfore's because he, to me, is a combo guy. He can cover a little bit, so he keeps you strong against some of these bigger, physical wide receivers athletic tight ends that teams try to throw at you, but also as strong versus the run, so he keeps you confident and dependable there and run support. So I think that's someone that has a really good opportunity to really have an impact. But when you look at Malik Washington and Taj Washington, it's the common thing we've.
Speaker 1: Talked about man speed and ability to create your own shot.
Speaker 4: Malik Washington is kind of like Tyreek Kill to where you can trust him carrying the ball as a running back.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: So now you open that avenue up, you got got Now you got a bunch of guys that can.
Speaker 1: Carry the ball, you know, really from anywhere.
Speaker 4: They can take a short pass, a long way, or they can just turn around and hand it to him and they know what to do with it. Taz is someone that you hit him in stride and it pairs up perfectly with the tool tongue of a low who's released and placement is it aids the receiver that is explosive, which.
Speaker 1: Is why you see him.
Speaker 4: You see Wado and he'll take so many slants to the house because the timing, the precision, the placement along with elite level speed, it's a touchdown waiting to happen. And so Washington to me Times Washington is someone that can thrive in that role. Malik Washington, you know, he's someone that can win as a as a ball carrier, but also as a receiver, whether it's inside or outside.
Speaker 2: Yeah, led the nation with thirty five broken tackles last year among all receivers. Like I just I can't believe Malak was there in the sixth round. I can't believe Tas're gonna say with the round to be perfect honest with you. So I'm fired up up these guys, and yeah, it's it's gonna be fun to watch what a job they've done remaking the receiver's room from twenty twenty one to now with what Tua has at his disposal.
Speaker 3: Great stuff as always.
Speaker 2: CBS Sports HQ Football game Plan, same handle on social at f ball game Plan, Emory. It's a bittersweet goodbye because this is legit one of my favorite episodes I do all year long. But that concludes Emery season. Here on Drive Man. We'll get you like three times in three months, and then we don't have to. We don't get you to get until February. But you're the best man. I appreciate you, and thanks as always my friend.
Speaker 1: Always a pleasure man. Appreciate you guys, bring me on.
Speaker 3: And away he goes.
Speaker 2: We always get smarter on this podcast when Emory joins us, so a big thank you to him for joining us here on the show we're gonna have on Monday, the Mini Camp Recap podcast. I'll give you some more detail and information on the undrafted rookies from my own tape study. We'll have the schedule release next Wednesday as well. Plenty of content coming your way here on the Draft Time podcast. In the meantime, you all please be sure to subscribe to the podcast on Apple, Spotify, wherever get your podcasts from. Go ahead and leave us a five star rating, leave us a review or one star if.
Speaker 1: You want to.
Speaker 3: I don't care.
Speaker 2: Just go ahead and get in there and do it. Ya silly dangus. Also, go ahead and follow me on social at Winkle NFL. The team at Miami Dolphins. Check out the Fish Tank podcast with my guys Seth and Juice. Check out the YouTube channel for Dolphins Today, Media availabilities, drive time content, and so much more, and last but not least, Miami Dolphins dot Com. Until next time, Fin's up, Lean and Camera and Taddy's come and home