Speaker 1: Hey, folks, it's Lyle.
Speaker 2: Before we get into the episode, I wanted to talk to you guys about a new thing I'm doing where you can help support my lizard endeavors by becoming a premium member of this podcast over at Therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com. Premium members, or gek Legends as I call them, we'll be able to get every new and existing episode of Therapy Gecko completely ad free. They'll also get a bonus podcast episode once a month, a bonus live show episode once a month from all of the live shows I've been doing around the world, a member's only live stream once a month. Plus you'll also support my ability to continue, hopefully doing this podcast for a long time, doing it around the world, and also supporting my ability to occasionally go eat a slice of pizza. Go to Therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com or find the link in the episode description to become a gek legend.
Speaker 1: Today. All right, let's get into the episode.
Speaker 3: All from Jerome.
Speaker 1: Hello, Jerome, Jerome, Jerome, what's going on with you?
Speaker 4: Man? Not much? I'm just trip it out right now because I just got on the phone. Go with you.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm I feel like, I'm tripping out too. What what are you doing right? What were you doing before you called?
Speaker 4: I was watching this stream, I was laying down. So I got work in the morning.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, what do you do?
Speaker 4: I worked at Walmart in the entertainment department. I like electronics and everything.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's the stupidest question somebody has asked you? In the inner any electronic section of the Walmart?
Speaker 4: It was it was like, so, we get a lot of older people, and like, no hate to older people, but they just asked the most obvious questions after their answers, you know what I mean. Yeah, So it was mainly just a question about how her phone works, and it was it was just a struggle. But my customer service is made not a bird.
Speaker 1: So well, you know, it's really it's funny you say that, because on the surf, the question of how a phone works, the answer to that is infinitely complicated. I have I would have no fucking idea how the phone works.
Speaker 4: That's true. It's magical that that is true. That is true. So that's you know, that's why I kind of gave her the benefits. I'll give them all the benefits of the doubt.
Speaker 2: So you say you have great customer service skills.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so there's no go ahead. So there's there's this lady that comes in because we got a photo lab and everything, and you know, she comes in your posts for her church and every time she comes in, she she's always looking for me, and mainly because I think it is because of my good service. I don't know, I feel like I'm bragging right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen, brag away man, you do you you what's the key to good customer service?
Speaker 4: Turn the brain off?
Speaker 1: Turning your brain off. How does that make you better?
Speaker 4: Because if you turn your brain off, you don't think about what they're asking too hard, and you don't think about, you know, whether it was dumb or not. You just think about, oh, they need this, so.
Speaker 1: It's a hilarious answer. That's a hilarious answer.
Speaker 2: So so basically, the way that you deal with the stupid questions that people ask you while you're working at the Walmart is to just not think about how stupid it is. To basically numb your brain to the point where you're on the same level as them and their questions don't feel as stupid to you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like we get it's Walmart. You know, so we get like sometimes you know, normal people. Sometimes it's like really crazy over the top people like I've only been working there for a few months. I think my second month there, there was this lady comes in right and she doesn't get any electronics. She just comes in with a bunch of groceries and she comes back to me. She's like, hey, can I get this stuff here? I don't like, yeah, let me go help out this lady first, So I hope up the wady, I'll come back. And then when the turns turning line, she's just sitting there stareing at me with a blank stare, like a fuse. I'm like, why are you scared? And she says, so people don't want to People want to stay there, but don't want to keep staying. When I look back at him or something, and I'm like, uh, okay, do.
Speaker 1: You think she had a crush on you?
Speaker 4: Absolutely if he was an older lady too. And I'm in a relationship. So in my head I was like, I don't want I don't want to, I don't want nothing, nothing.
Speaker 2: Man, Here's the thing is the one and you you listen, you know as well as anyone that there's nothing more attractive to women than amazing customer service skills.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I actually think I learned that with this job.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm Ok, go ahead, god yeah, no, no, no, go ahead and go ahead.
Speaker 4: One of my co work, he's funny his name as well, and he's a fan of this. So I'm much this. Oh but I'm a I'm a I'm a saw on this uh tomorrow if you say, I'll work and uh. But he was like, and your customer service so good? They want to They're like, didn't eat two asks.
Speaker 2: I'm like, that's a great that's a great uh barometer to have. They should when they're training you in Walmart, they should be like, your customer service needs to be good enough that the customer wants to eat your ass afterwards.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, that's you.
Speaker 2: You know you said you were bragging, but it sounds like you were dangerously good at customer service. Have you ever had somebody ask you if they could eat your ass?
Speaker 4: I have not, thank you.
Speaker 1: What would you do if they did?
Speaker 4: A customer? Yeah, hold on about the bird? Excuse me?
Speaker 1: That was nice?
Speaker 4: Sorry, all right, thank you. I don't know. I think it would turn my brain back on.
Speaker 1: It would turn your brain back on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think if a customer was like, you know what, I really like how things are going here, I want to I want to take about it and buy it. Out of that ducibility, I definitely be confused, but I might play it.
Speaker 1: You might play a lot because you seem like you.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's say an old load that the old lady who was staring at you looks at you and goes, she looks at your name, Tack, and she goes, jeralm, thank you very much for helping me with my groceries today. I would love to lick your asshole.
Speaker 1: You would, you would? You would play along for a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'd be like, you know what, I get off at five o'clock, come back, and but in reality, I get off at four o'clock, so I would not be.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's just cruel, man. Yeah, it's just cruel.
Speaker 2: This this poor old lady frothing at the mouth for your butthole and she shows up and no one's there.
Speaker 4: No, but I just couldn't.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're in a relationship. Has that gone?
Speaker 4: It's gone pretty well. We've been together for a year now.
Speaker 2: Shut out, Naisy, shut out A h where'd you guys meet?
Speaker 4: We met in school?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: Wow, hell, I actually want to hear the question.
Speaker 1: No, no, go ahead, nut.
Speaker 4: Okay. So we met in freshman year and we're graduated now. Yeah, we met freshman year. She didn't really like me because I was I was one of those freshman kids who was like off the handle type of stupid, not really like mature whatsoever. And I had a crush on her into sophomore year and she doing the football team because I was I played football, and that was the most embarrassing time in my life because I would see her on the side when talking to dudes and I get so sad. Mm hmmm mmmm.
Speaker 1: And when did you finally like ask her out?
Speaker 4: So I did it that year, but she turned me down and it was kind of like until the last last year, our last school year where we became friends again and then she developed a crush on me brought it to my attention and then I was like, huh, kind of like you too still, So I'm so I'm gonna just I think it would be a good idea to try it out. So I tried it out, and we've been together for a year now.
Speaker 2: But you've been together for a year. You said, yes, Okay, okay, what does she do?
Speaker 4: She works at an olive garden.
Speaker 1: She works at an olive garden. Do you what do you have? So you're at Walmart right now?
Speaker 3: Do you?
Speaker 2: Are you trying to go to school? Are you trying to do some other work thing? What's your what's your goal in in this universe?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I'm going to school this coming fall. I'm really going. I'm really starting out to just build up my GPA because I wasn't really applying myself in high school. I kind of hated it, and but through that I kind of figured out what my goal is in life, which is I gotta like multiple goals. So I really want to become a writer slash director, and I also really want to become an owner of my own dispensary.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, what you what?
Speaker 4: What do you?
Speaker 1: What kind of things? Do you want to write and direct?
Speaker 4: Movies? Movies, TV shows? I also want to write music, see what I can do with that as well.
Speaker 2: Now you want to write and direct to movies? What kind of movies are you?
Speaker 1: Do you like? Comedy movies, action movies.
Speaker 4: I'm kind of leaning more towards coming of age stories.
Speaker 1: Coming of age stories. Okay, yeah, do you have any ideas or have you written any scripts already?
Speaker 4: I haven't written any scripts, but I have ideas. I have this idea of it's called don't I think it's called Uncle Somebody's Shop.
Speaker 1: Right, Uncle Somebody's Shop, Yeah, because I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't have a set name for him yet.
Speaker 1: Okay, So like Uncle Joey's Shop.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's about So let's say it's about you know, Uncle Joey and his niece. His niece recently lost his parents, lost her parents, and she comes to live with him, and he recently lost his fiance and yep, and him and his fiance they built like a music they built a banz again, like they built a life together.
Speaker 3: Inspired and.
Speaker 4: Just focused through music. And he and they are both really good musicians. And when he lost her, he lost his dream. And so you know, throughout the story, he's helping his knee still with her grieving, and she's also helping him find that inspiration again, find that reason to explore music again or open up his heart. And there's this character that kind of plays it's one of those characters you see in the movie where it's like the best friend. Yeah, and he's he's he comes and goes, but he's like he's he's showing the niece everything the uncle won't show her. And then in turn, she shows the uncle once again and he, you know, gets that spark.
Speaker 1: Mmmmmmm, I like this. What are there directors or writers out there.
Speaker 2: That that inspire you that uh maybe have the same genre or of a totally different genre.
Speaker 4: There are m I'm blanking on their names right now, the one.
Speaker 1: Or even just if you don't know their names, maybe just movies in general that you that you like, that inspire your your that inspire you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was this movie I just recently watched. There was Little Miss Sunshine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my fucking friend and I used to have a tradition. We would watch like every September back to school in high school.
Speaker 1: We would watch Little Miss Sunshine. It was random. Yeah, I'm dead serious. It was very random.
Speaker 4: Wow, that sounds fun.
Speaker 1: We only did two years in a row.
Speaker 2: Actually, I don't even know if that wait, I might be we maybe said we were going to make it a tradition and we did it once. That's why I actually Matt when I said that we had a tradition but yeah, I I like Little of Sunshine a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's really inspiring. And I think movies like that were kind of like you see a character bring back hope to another character or other characters, now any kind of bring them all together. I like movies like that.
Speaker 1: What what is it about that that is inspiring to you? Have you had Have you like had.
Speaker 2: An experience like that where you didn't have a lot of hope and somebody brought it back to you?
Speaker 4: Yeah? All the time. I've got friends, my girlfriend now, even content creators like you and I watch a lot of your Ray and Bruce drop them off, Kays and that, and they're all really funny and they've kind of helped me in my time. Everybody in my life and that was in my life has kind of helped me get back to finding a way to happiness.
Speaker 1: I think, go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of things I want to do, and sometimes I'm like, dang, I might not be able to do this, But I think that's just me not trying and being scared to try in case I fail.
Speaker 2: Why do you think that you won't be able to do all of these things? Is it like literally a matter of like oh, I have so many desires that a lifetime can't even fill them?
Speaker 4: Is that? And I think I think I'm genuinely scared that the opportunities just won't be there.
Speaker 1: Give me, give me an example.
Speaker 4: So let's say, Well, I want, you know, like I said, I want to open up my own dispensary and everything. I kind of want it to be here in Ohio, but it's kind of looking dim that it won't be possible. And a lot of other places are overly saturated, so I don't want to go to another place and it just won't succeed.
Speaker 2: Why Why is it looking like it won't be possible in Ohio?
Speaker 1: Is it like a law thing? Yeah, a lot of thing is we legal in Ohio?
Speaker 4: I think for medical use, but it's it's very suppressed, okay, very hard.
Speaker 2: Well this dispense well, owning a dispensary, like is there is it a special kind of dispensary or something like that, like know, fucking we're gonna do a weed skateboard place or something or just kind of a run of the middle of dispensary.
Speaker 4: Yeah, kind of like I want it to be like weed slash movie theater slash hangout spot, just a place where people can just come to, you know, smoke, you know, chill out, watch movies, hang out with their friends in just a safe area without having to worry about bothering other people if their families aren't comfortable with it, or trying to struggle to find a spot to go to. If they can't, you do it at their apartments or something like that.
Speaker 2: You know, what's a bummer is I think and some please if you are listening, or correct me if I'm wrong. But I think everywhere in the US, at least where you can buy weed, you are not There's no place where you can like actually buy the weed and sit and smoke it. Like in Amsterdam they have these places where you can like go and buy pod and hang out and get drinks and like smoke it there. But US, I've never been to a place like that. They have like weed lounges. I've been to a lounge where you're allowed to bring weed that you bought somewhere else and smoke it there.
Speaker 1: I've been to a place like that, But I don't think there are.
Speaker 2: Any places in the US where you can both buy the weed and smoke it at the place I might be one hundred percent wrong.
Speaker 4: But I mean it's kind of spot on cut.
Speaker 1: But you know, I feel like you.
Speaker 2: I feel like, in terms of the laws and the cost of operation, it might be easier to make the lounge than it is to make the dispensary just a place where it's like, hey, it's totally legal for people to come here and smoke pot and hang out and play video games and shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at the chat to see if that with the chat doesn't know anymore than we have weed cafes in South Africa. Yeah, apparently San Francisca's places like that.
Speaker 1: I have no idea. I have no idea, but that's what I'm under the impression of. But anyway, enough about the ship that we can find on Google. What okay?
Speaker 2: Back to you, you were saying a lot of interesting things. You were saying, Oh, yes, are you feeling happy right now? You're kind of just talking about your your path to happen, and so you're feeling happy where you are in your current life?
Speaker 4: Yes and no? Yes and no.
Speaker 1: Let's start with the no. Why no?
Speaker 4: Unhappy about I'm still living with my parents and you know, my girlfriend is living with us two because of some familial issues, and I'm not unhappy about that. I'm just unhappy about I don't know if I'm ready to be living with my parents. Sure, yeah, I do, you know what I mean. I kind of feel I always feel pressured to be ready to you know, move out. In everything. I want to be ready, But I don't know if I can just be like, yeah, I'm ready and then just go out and convince myself that I'm ready.
Speaker 1: Can I ask you how old you are?
Speaker 4: I'm nineteen, You're.
Speaker 1: Nineteen, dude. I didn't fucking I don't know. I don't know how much you know about me.
Speaker 2: But I fucking started doing this show in my mom's basement. And I was in my mom's basement from like twenty I don't think I moved out. I was in my mom's basement from the ages of twenty two to twenty four, fucking just doing this, you know, And I didn't. I didn't rush it. I was like, this is a great opportunity to just like hang out and save money, and so I hope. Yeah, I mean, you look in you're fucking nineteen. You should, you know, stay there. It's a blessing to have parents that will let you stay at your at their place, you know. And at nineteen, I feel like there's no fucking way that you're gonna.
Speaker 1: Have enough. There's no way that you could be reasonably expected to have.
Speaker 2: Your financial situation so beautifully shaped up that you should you know, be in a fucking penthouse downtown or anything like that. I mean, it's a great opportunity to hang out and save money. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's that's what I That's what I did, Uh for those two years, I was just like, I'm just gonna work as much as I can and save before moving out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I want to do that, but I just I you know, like I said, I feel pressured by a lot of people to just.
Speaker 1: Be ready, you know what I mean by who who's a lot of people.
Speaker 4: Well, I feel like my dad kind of, uh does he want you out of the house? I think so, Like he's not kind of got a history with him, but he's not the most It's hard for me. It's hard to be you know what I mean. Like, well, I've talked about, you know, moving out or staying or whatever, and it's like he doesn't want me to move in with my girlfriend. But he doesn't. I don't think he wants me to stay here, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: I thought your girlfriend lives. He doesn't want you and your girlfriend to move out and get a place. Yeah, why, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Well I do though, you know babies.
Speaker 1: Oh, he's afraid that you're gonna have a kid.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh well okay, First for first of all, I mean, you're I was gonna say, your dad has no like you.
Speaker 2: Dad can't really tell you what to do with your life. But I mean he can. He can tell you get a fuck out of his house.
Speaker 1: He can do that. He can absolutely totally justifiably do that. Well, the cool I think, I feel like the cool.
Speaker 2: Thing about you know, if you wanted to move in with your girlfriend. I mean there's look, you know, and you guys have been together for a year or whatever. There's there's significant challenges in that. Yeah, but you saved a lot of fucking money with just one room.
Speaker 1: If you guys are doing that, yeah, I would agree with.
Speaker 2: Again, I'm not going to tell you what to do with your life, but having a kid right now might be a little fucking rough.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's in your mind.
Speaker 4: Not at all.
Speaker 1: I don't want to Okay, good, yeah, all right? What I mean?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: So you said your your your? Are there any other nose?
Speaker 2: When you were like, I'm happy when when I asked you the question, you said yes or no? And so one of the nose is you're feeling weird about being in your parents' house.
Speaker 1: Which I really think you shouldn't.
Speaker 2: Again, coming from a guy who lived in his mom's basement for a pretty long time.
Speaker 1: What were there any other nos?
Speaker 4: Yeah? What are they? This all times of the reason I called. I wanted some advice on this. Okay, sure, I've been wanting to catch the stream and call about this for a while because it's an ongoing issue. So my girlfriend has an issue with, you know, weed. She doesn't like it.
Speaker 2: When somebody says that someone is an issue with weed, either they like it too much or they hate it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she hates it, all right, tell me more.
Speaker 3: My thing is.
Speaker 4: When I sound lead, it kind of like brightened up my life. I sounded like a really bad time and it kind of I don't know after I took because I started edibles, but after I hate that first one, I was like, Wow, it wasn't just the feeling. For me, it was the thoughts I was having. It kind of like brightened up my experience for life, and even without it now it's kind of like it enhanced it. And every moment I've kind of dreamed about it being a part of my life, and I'm I'm torn between the fact that I possibly might have to choose that over her in the future, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And now I finished.
Speaker 4: We've we've talked about it and I've told her this concern and she was like, you don't have to worry about it. Well, she didn't say that, but I'll be every time we've talked about it. It's kind of like her trauma because she her friend had undiagnosed epilepsy or stressed somehow she got stressed to his epilepsy and she, you know, she was smoking and you know it triggered it and her friend almost died. M hm. Oh that's why she's that's why she hates it, And I'm like, I completely understand that. I also completely thrown away because it's part of my dream for wife, and I kind of feel like that's stupid, but I kind of don't. I also think that, you know, like I said every time we talked about it. She's just really heartbroken and torn up about it. She doesn't want she's worried something will happen.
Speaker 3: To me.
Speaker 2: By by smoking too much. Do you smoke weed every day?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: No, I haven't smoked since we started dating.
Speaker 2: You haven't smoked of it? So you haven't smoked for a year. Yeah, huh, so you haven't smoked since you guys have started dating. But but you have this like passion for weed that is is more so tell me more about this is fascinating.
Speaker 1: What's so?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 1: You did you stop smoking because of her?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think Okay, And when you said you found we didn't really helped you? Tell how did it help you?
Speaker 4: It's it I was having issues with my emotions, or I was suppressing them a lot and I wasn't able to express them, and I was just feeling really really down. Okay, every time I assumed it, it just, you know, brought me back up, made me feel really good. And a lot of the times I found myself being able to express my emotions more rather than being able to suppress them.
Speaker 1: And let me ask you a question, have you been to a.
Speaker 2: Real therapist and or or or even a doctor and gotten like because because I mean.
Speaker 1: Look, I mean, what you're doing your self medicating? Yeah, I think you know that.
Speaker 2: And I'm not I'm not gonna tell you whether I've I think this is right wrong, because I have no idea. I'm not a doctor, psychotherapist, person whatever. But have you ever been to a therapist or a doctor and like talked about all this stuff and gotten their opinions and thoughts?
Speaker 4: I have not.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think you should because look, you know yourself and and my I can I can only speak anecdotally about weed and how it uh affects everybody differently, and some people it helps them, and some people it doesn't.
Speaker 2: And and and in my opinion, uh, a drugs hindrance or a drugs hindrance or what's that? What's the opposite of a hindrance?
Speaker 1: Helped help?
Speaker 2: Helpfulness to your life can be based on a variety of things. But if you can, you should try and talk to a real doctor a therapist about this kind of thing, because I mean, look, dude, you there are of course, there's like medical marijuana that like lots of people with depression or anxiety have have used, and it has helped their lives in the same way that, like, you know, somebody taking fucking SSRIs or depression medicine medicine have have been helped.
Speaker 1: So that might be what's going on with you.
Speaker 2: But if you should talk to an actual fucking doctor about this stuff, have you have you?
Speaker 1: Is that something you even considered?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean how have I even done?
Speaker 4: You? I don't have the money.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've been talking to my parents and I was like, hey, Mom, I wanted to talk to a therapist, and she's just we we haven't really hooked up with one yet. I kind of don't want because you know, my little sister goes to a therapist. But that's like She's like, it was just yeah, sorry, there was something in my household. What it was?
Speaker 1: But are you high right now? No? Are you seeing a weed goblin?
Speaker 4: I am not?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, continue, Sorry, we're one's eyes talking about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so she sees like a Christian therapist and I don't really, I don't. I don't want to. I don't I want to see a therapist that's not based in any type of religion or anything like that, because I feel like that.
Speaker 2: Kind of ruins it I think you want to see a dudist priest, a judas priest, a dudast priest. It's it's I think it's from the big Lebowski. I was trying to make some joke about weed. But anyway, are your are your family really religious?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, yeah, yeah, man, Look I know I know it's a fucking bummer.
Speaker 4: I know that.
Speaker 1: Well just Walmart. What about fucking Walmart? Do they not give you stuff? Do they give you a health insurance or any that ship.
Speaker 4: I actually just got a letter about that because I've only been there for like three months and I'm part time, so I don't really know what all I'll get, but I'll have to check it out.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, So you know, I mean, look, you asked you one of my advice. That's my vice.
Speaker 2: I know it's I know it's a bummer. I know it fucking sucks and it's hard and Expectaul to like get that kind of thing. But okay, so back to the thing. I'm okay, but this is fascinating.
Speaker 1: So you so you have this you want weed to be a part of your life in uh this this way that that it sounds like you haven't even had the opportunity to fully healthily explore, and.
Speaker 2: You haven't spoked it in a in a year. But your girlfriend's very anti anti weed. But here's my thing, right, Okay, you want to make you want to make this kind of I want to float something here. You want to make this this lounge or dispensary that like people can hang out in.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, so you're you're not.
Speaker 2: From my perspective, your passion is not is not about weed, but it's about fostering a positive environment for other people and bringing them together. That sounds more accurate than you just have a passion for weed, unless if I'm mistaken.
Speaker 4: You're you're right, But it's also I do. I do have a passion for it because I really like, like it's more than because it's more than just like self medicating for you know, my issues and everything. Because in this past year, you know, I've been able to separate it from that, I think, mm hmmm, because now I'm not wanting to use it because I'm feeling down and everything. But it's more like I want to use it as I don't know, like opening the door to what I want to do.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean opening the door to what you want to do. Yeah, how how how so.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, well it sounds like you have Okay, well it sounds like you have. I know that you brought up the dispensary, but you have you have desires outside of the dispensary. I mean, you just you told me about that whole movie that you want to make that has nothing to do with weed. This lounge, even though it is, uh, you know, you want to do a weed lounge or a weed dispensary or something like, you know, again, like it has more, in my opinion, to do with with community building than it.
Speaker 1: Does with just pot.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think is a tough one. I think you need to talk to a doctor or therapist about about it.
Speaker 2: I don't think you're wrong, because again, lots of people, uh, you know, there is medical marijuana, and weed has been a really positive force in a lot of people's lives. But I think, you know, especially because you're so fucking young.
Speaker 1: You should get with a real doctor. You know how I'm always messing up people's names and shit. A little part of I wondered this the other day.
Speaker 2: A little part of me wonders if I just smoked too much goddamn weed from you know, the ages of sixteen to now that.
Speaker 1: That's what that is.
Speaker 2: I don't part of me fucking fucking wonders that if I just smoked so much fucking weed that it must have little parts of my brain don't work. So go talk to a person who knows what the fuck because neither of us know the science of any of this shit. And nles's if you do, unless I don't know if you've been reading history textbooks or anything.
Speaker 1: But okay, listen before we go. Okay, we covered the nose, Okay, which which, by the way, I don't think either of those nose, from my perspective, are are are debilitating ones. I think they're ones that you can overcome. What are the yeses?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: What are the things that are reasons why you're happy?
Speaker 4: I'm happy that I'm just breathing.
Speaker 2: That's a that's ah, That's the most thing you can ever be fucking sure of to be happy about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, keep going, tell me, man.
Speaker 4: I'm happy that you know my family's healthy. Yeah, I'm happy that you know I got a job I've been at for a while rather than just hopping from job as a job. I'm happy about my girlfriend. I'm really happy. I'm really happy that she's here. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well that's great man. It sounds like I mean, look everything, here's the thing. Everything that you just said.
Speaker 1: I think is uh.
Speaker 2: Way more powerful than the things that you told me that you were unhappy about. So you're in a good spot my friends.
Speaker 4: Thanks.
Speaker 1: Hmmm, hmmm are you gonna you know?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: I want to just say, so, you want to make movies and ship?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You ever just you ever thought about just making it, just doing it, doing it on the fucking iPhone?
Speaker 4: Yes, But I think I have an issue with laziness. So I'll be thinking of, like maybe I should figure out how to make a little mini movie on my phone, and then I'll get distracted.
Speaker 1: I'm like, ah, all right, I did all right, be honest with me. Okay are you are you do you?
Speaker 2: Oh wait a minute, you told me I was gonna okay, I was gonna ask you if you think the weed makes you lazy?
Speaker 1: But you you don't even you don't even fucking smoke weed. You're talking you're like in love with weed and you don't even smoke it.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, this is a weird predicament. I will say very weird thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're you're lazy, Okay, when you get distracted? What's distracting?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 4: Just everything? Uh huh, Like I always in and down, I'm like, hmmm, right now is a really good moment to just do this thing. And then I'll open up TikTok and listen to a song and then I'm like, I'm gonna do this thing instead.
Speaker 2: To lead fucking delete TikTok off your phone, Delete it off your phone. I I just I took a long time away from posting on social media and ship and I started back up today and I put TikTok back on my phone and then I fucking found myself scrolling through it. And the only reason I have it downloaded is because I upload things on there, but when it wasn't on my phone. Never fucking delete off your phone, dude, I swear to God, excuse me that. Yeah, I have one hundred scent.
Speaker 1: Sure it'll help.
Speaker 4: Let I'm doing right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, do it right now, the lead TikTok of your phone. What else distracts you?
Speaker 4: Games? Yeah?
Speaker 1: What are you playing?
Speaker 4: Uh? It just depends. I can't focus on one game at a time, I kind of get caught in the loop of playing games, getting bored of it, playing another game, getting boarded of that, and then getting caught in like a super deep rabbit hole of like one like anime or movie or something like right now, I got caught into one piece Naruto Star Wars, and yes, pretty much it.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, you know, you know it's funny, man, I'm thinking about. This is something I've always in my own life thought about, and this is one of my big I don't know if i'd call it a struggle, but a thing I grapple with is like you just when I ask you to think why you were when I asked you the things that you were happy about, they were all really like things that you could know for sure, right Like you were happy about your family, you were happy about your girlfriend, you were happy about just the fact that you could breathe, and that gave you a lot of happiness. But you're also struggling with like You're an ambitious dude and you have things you want to get done, and there's a struggle there of your ambition versus your laziness, and that struggle I'm sure it can cause you to be hard on yourself or beat yourself up.
Speaker 1: And have that kind of purveyed over you. And that's been my life for a lot of times.
Speaker 2: It is like, I'm I'm an ambitious dude, but I also get lazy and fuck up a lot, and that causes me to beat myself up, and.
Speaker 1: You know, have this like kind of.
Speaker 2: Uh, default overlay of my life being that beating myself up, when really the default overlay of my life should be thank fuck it, like the every like the the the crux, the thesis, the overlay of of life at all times should be I'm just stoked, I can breathe and stoked, my families alive. Just just gratefulness, you know. But then but then to that point, if you're always thinking about that, then how the fuck are you ever gonna get anything done. That's been a thing that I'm trying, I have. I wish I could figure that out. I'm still I'm still figuring that out. And I made a decision with myself to not have like, you know, guilt and shame and shit be the forefront of my brain and to have more gratefulness and more of the ship that you're talking about be at the forefront of my brain.
Speaker 4: So I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know if anything I just said made sense, but you're not alone in these thoughts.
Speaker 4: It makes sense. And thank you. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Well goddamn Jerome. I'm I think you're gonna be good man. I I'm I think you got a good thing going.
Speaker 1: I'm happy for you.
Speaker 4: Thank you. I feels really good to hear that.
Speaker 2: Uh, dude, is there anything else that you wanted to say? Uh to me or the people of the computer, or or or a dog and a trench coat before we go?
Speaker 4: Ah, everybody walk outside, take it huge, steep breath of the fresh air, breathe it out, and then just smile.
Speaker 1: That's nice.
Speaker 2: And then if you're lucky, an old woman at Target will come up to you and ask you to lick your buttole not Target Walmart.
Speaker 1: All right, yeah, all right, you have a going derme. Thank you man. It's good talking to you.
Speaker 4: Thank you. It was amazing, can I maam nice?
Speaker 1: That was a great call with Jerome. Shout out to him. It definitely goes.
Speaker 2: Try to see if you can actually get medical marijuana instead of self medicating. I'm not I'm I I say that as somebody who has self medicated with marijuana for a long time and now as a result, can't remember a single person's goddamn name on my podcast. But uh, shout out to Jerome. I hope, I hope you do make that lounge. There's not enough places like that. I'm surprised when I, like I said, when I was in Denver for the very first time, like five fucking years ago, I went to a place like that, and it was awesome.
Speaker 1: They had like you know, uh dab rigs.
Speaker 2: You could bring your own oil and play video games and shit, it was great. I'm surprised that a business doesn't exist like that, or more places don't exist like that.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: I'm in Los Angeles right now, and there's I don't I don't know if there are any weed lounges.
Speaker 1: I mean, the whole fucking city is pretty much a weed lounge. So yeah, give me a reason to fucking go to Ohio again. Man, all right, thanks Jerome Paul from Siege.
Speaker 4: Hello, Lyle, Hi?
Speaker 3: Is this really Lyle? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Who is this dude? No way.
Speaker 3: I was like, I just saw you hit the eight pen and then I was like, oh man, I'm gonna hit my bait pen. Well that's awesome.
Speaker 1: Well, oh fuck you? Okay, you all right. So I'm gonna just give some context here.
Speaker 2: Right before I picked up this call, I told the stream, I was like, I'm people think I'm stoned when I'm doing this, and I never am.
Speaker 1: I never am, but I but I I I every once in a while. But I just I don't know why this is the last call I'm gonna take of this I don't know where where this call will be in the podcast, but of this stream, this is the last call I'm gonna take. So I was like, you know what, let's experiment. I will take one hit of a eight pen.
Speaker 2: So so just to give some context and clarity to those listening, this is one hit of.
Speaker 1: A eight pen lyle speaking to one hit of a eight pen stage, I think we're for success. Incredible.
Speaker 3: Wow wow wow wow. Okay, awesome, Okay, Well, basically I don't know.
Speaker 4: I Uh.
Speaker 3: The main thing I wanted to talk to you about tonight, UH was like, I, okay, so I have been like doing this thing lately where I take like some tobacco right, and I take some weed right, and I put them both in my bond and I smoke. I smoked them both out of my bonk, right, and I call it. I call it a blam right and I and it just like it's like, you know, it just absolutely like you know, just like zouts you, right, it makes you just like it just totally like just gets you so like stoned and like tobacco high and all that. Right, And it's like the thing is, man, is that it's it's like it makes it makes your breath smell bad. You know, it just makes it makes everything gross.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't like having the tobacco you know, in my life and ship like that and like uh and it's like, uh, you know, it's like I want to, like, you know, quit doing that, right, And uh, I don't know. I was listening to the stream, like I said, and it's like earlier you were talking about how you're like, oh, I don't really want to like give advice, but you're also like, well, well well hold on.
Speaker 1: Hold on, let me, let me, let me. I have I have several questions. First, so you you basically are making these like split bowls. Yeah, okay, how long have you been doing this for? Uh?
Speaker 3: Oh, it's been like on and off for a couple of years, but I've been I've been like amping it up in the last week or so.
Speaker 2: Does tobacco does to I'm not a big cigarette guy. Does tobacco give you like a high?
Speaker 3: Well, like, I don't think tobacco really like gets you. It doesn't really get you like high, right, but it's like it's like it it gets you a little bit like uh, like a little bit like maybe light headed, I guess, right, Like there's a little bit of like a nicotine.
Speaker 1: High, but it's like get you get like a head rush of some kind.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, yeah, it's it doesn't blast like like weed does. Right.
Speaker 2: So the nicotine and the weed combined together to form a a blamo.
Speaker 1: Is that what you said? Blamo?
Speaker 2: Yeah, a blam a blam a blam effect to the brain, thus spawning the name blam. Blamo is like a company that makes fucking Frisbees, I think. Anyway, hold on, I have to google that right now to make sure that that's true. I'm just I'm ruining the entire flow of this conversation to see if no.
Speaker 3: No legendary, I'm gonna buy a Frisbees so I can put my like it blamo.
Speaker 1: No Blamo makes fucking Blamo toys, right, Blamo.
Speaker 4: What do they do?
Speaker 3: What do they do?
Speaker 4: Dude? Whatever?
Speaker 1: Anyway, I'm just this just a bunch of art stuff. Anyway.
Speaker 2: Anyway, anyway, what is your name? Oh it's Page So you Sage stage? Say Sage Stage. Sorry I suck names anyway, Sage. Okay, So you're asking a bit So I'm sorry I cut you off about five hundred times during this conversation, but I think you were asking me for advice on how to stop.
Speaker 1: Doing half tobacco half weed barbs.
Speaker 3: I mean, like kind of, but I also just wanted to like talk to you about like blams and the concept of it. I'm like, it's gross, you know. I'm like, yeah, if you got any advice on how to on how to quit or if you can you know, if you can be my my guidance, you know, and tell me as as my gecko therapist, that that'd be a good idea. I guess that that'd be inspiring.
Speaker 2: Look, I here's the thing I've said multiple times. I am not licensed to do anything.
Speaker 1: I am dumb, but I will say here's I will say this with confidence, and I'm not saying and.
Speaker 2: Taking a bong rip of tobacco is probably not great for your health. I am no expert on the things that are great for your health. I also smoke weed almost every day, So I'm not a big you know, I'm not the guy to to to to tell you how to quit. Well, okay, tell me this. What effect are these blams having on the rest of your life?
Speaker 3: I don't think it's like that much of effect. It makes. It makes me so that like I need Like it's like it's like sometimes I why like want to like go It's like it's like when I'm like out, I'm like looking forward to like getting to go home, like taking you blam, right. But it's like or but it's like that's not like it's not like a it's not like a die hard like desire, you know.
Speaker 2: So it's like so you know that meme, you know that meme Like let's say your your your You're like, you know, do you have a do you have a partner of of some kind?
Speaker 3: Yeah? No, No. That's another thing about it, right, is that it's like it's like makes my mouth all gross. Right, So I don't want to like I don't want to be like anywhere near like my partner if I like, if I take a part.
Speaker 2: So I'm imagining this meme, right, I'm imagining you know that meme of like you're like you're in bed with your partner and there's a there's a there's a thought bubble, and it's like they're probably, they're probably, they're probably they're probably.
Speaker 1: Thinking about other people. And then your thought bubble is just a fucking uh half tobacco, half lead. That's your life right now.
Speaker 3: That's fucking legendary, Lyle. Oh my god, thank you legendary.
Speaker 1: That's your life right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you're right.
Speaker 2: And you know, I mean, look here, I don't know there's other You could be addicted to crack that's and you're not.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 4: You could have.
Speaker 1: You could be addicted to.
Speaker 2: Cocaine that's probably worse than the tobacco, U bong rips.
Speaker 3: What other?
Speaker 2: Okay, So it's it's the it's you're out with your friends, you're in school, You're all you can think about all day is taking a lamb.
Speaker 3: Well no, no, I definitely got like other things going on in my I'm like I'm like a student at university. I got a lot of like homework I like worry about all the time.
Speaker 2: And I'm almost one hundred percent sure that while you're doing your homework, you can't focus on what do you study at school?
Speaker 3: Math?
Speaker 2: Okay, so the fucking you're looking at equations and you're like, I would so much rather be looking down the barrel of a bong to take a lamb right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sometimes sometimes it's like that. Sometimes it's definitely like that.
Speaker 2: I mean that's understandable. Obviously, you know, bong rips of tobacco are going to be more appealing to you than calculus. I have no fix for that issue.
Speaker 3: Have to like, yeah, there's no Yeah, I don't have to you have to solve any anything. You just got to put the weed in the tobacco in the bog.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing.
Speaker 2: Here's here's and again, I know I know anything, But I think the solution is you need to find something that's more compelling to you in the universe than half weed, half tobacco bong rips that you can replace it.
Speaker 1: Like cocaine.
Speaker 2: Now, like cocaine, what a problem is cocaine is very expensive.
Speaker 1: It is really expensive and difficult to find.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know, I feel like I could get my hands on it. But it's like, but it's the price thing. It doesn't feel worth it, you know, I'd rather It's like it's like I would rather smoke way more lamps than you know, like do a bunch of cocaine, because it's like the thing about that is like it's like I've heard things about how you run up the you mess up the lining of your of your nostrils or whatever, and then when you get a cold, you're not just like runs out.
Speaker 1: Of your nose like when I was when I was in high school.
Speaker 2: When I was in high school, Uh, there was like a guy who like came to a class who was like a coke like a former coke addict, and he put his finger in one nostril and it came out the other.
Speaker 3: He probably just had a big gauge and was paid by the cops to come do that for you.
Speaker 4: That's cool as fuck.
Speaker 1: That's what That's what. That's what I said. I was sitting there, like, dude, cocaine's kind of sick. That guy was cool, Like you you know what you could that?
Speaker 2: I feel like that could be your your career trajectory, right like you you Uh, you get off of the blambs and then you become you become you.
Speaker 1: You go.
Speaker 2: To to schools across the nation, educating children about the dangers of them.
Speaker 3: Yes, no, yeah, I'm into that. I'm into that. Have you ever seen the movie I'm a big I'm into this movie. Have you ever seen Grizzly Man?
Speaker 1: What is that about a guy addicted to weed tobacco rips?
Speaker 3: Well, it's about a guy who he goes across the country going to schools. Right. That's where I was good to tie in for he at the end of the movie, he like talks to He talked to the schools about bears and ship right, and it's like at the end of the movie it's like, oh, he gets eaten by bears, right, And so I was thinking I could get like eaten by blams the end of the movie.
Speaker 2: Man, I gotta tell you, that's the kind of thought that a guy who was addicted to blams would have.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Lyle.
Speaker 1: What is your name?
Speaker 3: Sage?
Speaker 4: Sage?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I keep I've said this, I've asked you. You know what's funny I with the name thing, people get like people think I'm like doing a bit when I do that, I don't. I don't remember. I remember.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing is, I have been paying I have been I want you to know something, Sage. I have been thinking genuinely about you and this issue. Okay, because you came to me sincerely asking me about your addiction to weed tobacco rips, and in my thinking about that, I just forget your name because I'm thinking about what you're actually talking to me about.
Speaker 1: It's say thank you for thank you for reminding me, thank you for understand Sage. Is there anything else that you want to say to the people.
Speaker 4: Of the computer before we go, Well, I I want to.
Speaker 3: I wanted to if I'm the last call to night and you're getting off and all that, I just wanted to wish you good luck doing your laundry. I think you were talking about that earlier and clean your room and all that. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, I got that done, uh while I was listening to your stream. So maybe now you can use that energy to clean your own space.
Speaker 2: I love the idea that I procrastinate doing my laundry to do this show, and then people do their laundry while while they listen to it. There's I'm like it's like I'm it's like I'm taking whatever, like uh energy, I had.
Speaker 1: To do laundry and I'm transmuting it and giving it to others instead of using my beautiful isn't it? Isn't it beautiful? Isn't it beautiful? Wearing the same underwear you know, months in a row.
Speaker 3: Well, it's a sacrifice, you know. I wouldn't. I wouldn't really go. I mean it's I guess there's beauty in the sacrifice, you know, but the actual sacrifice itself the kind of uh like obscene. I'm looking for another word, but I can't find it.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 2: I like the way you think, Sage, and I think you should keep doing these weed tobacco rips because they're obviously doing something beautiful and great to your brain.
Speaker 3: Lettende, I fucking love you, Lyle, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Hey you have a good night, stage, Hey, yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Have a great night.
Speaker 1: Loyo Bye, I'm gonna go do one right now. Goes on the line taking your phone calls every night.
Speaker 4: De Becon goes to I'm teaching you aud in the memory line is not n