Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty arms Strong and Jettietie and he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 2: The FBI and Department of Homeland Security has issued a warning saying October seventh, quote maybe a motivating factor for violent extrements and hate crime perpetrators who are trying to threaten public safety. The agency advising potential targets include synagogue, moss, Islamic and community centers, and large gatherings. Authorities are concerned over the possibility of lone wolf attacks, but authorities at this time say there's no credible threat but remain on high alerts.
Speaker 3: And it's a one year anniversary of the massacre in Israel by Hamas, and they always do this around anniversaries. I don't know if I remember a single example of an anniversary leading to something, but it's not roy terrorists generally work actually, But anyway, that's a separate story. Let's hear one more report.
Speaker 1: On this before we start commenting.
Speaker 4: This is already now a much wider war. What started in and around Gaza on October the seventh, that singular terrifying attack inside Israel is now morphed into a conflict that has drawn in Lebanon, Iran, Iraq, Syria and Yeminence. We've now had fourteen straight days of.
Speaker 1: Day and night bombing.
Speaker 4: I think a lot now depends on how Israel response to that Uranian missile stripe does. Nettanna, who now decide to settle all scores for all the enemies he has around him. Iran is enemy number one certainly for Netanya? Who or can the US persuade Natannaho to try and calibrate his response to reduce the risk of even further escalation.
Speaker 3: By the way, Trump over the weekend, in an interview, said Israel absolutely should take out those nuclear facilities, Joe Biden having said specifically no, Israel should not.
Speaker 1: Do you escalate?
Speaker 3: Right, have that on the list. Which that's a pretty big difference right there. I mean, if you're looking for policy differences between the two White Houses, that's a pretty big one. Trump's encouraging them to take out the nuclear facilities, which I think they should also, Right.
Speaker 5: If you're looking for a reason to hold your nose and go ahead and cast a vote despite your ill ease with one candidate or the other. I would say, the one who's standing up against the axis of Islamist nut jobbery and viciousness is you know, perhaps a better choice.
Speaker 1: But that's up to you. Of course.
Speaker 5: I've been reading a great deal about let's about October seventh itself, because I fully absorbed that horror on that day and have been reminded of it plenty of times.
Speaker 1: Although it's just unspeakable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was just I was just looking at they have a like a moment of silence going on right now at the grounds of the Nova Music Festival. I have stood on some like battlefields. I've been to ground zero, you know, places where people died and everything like that. Man, I don't know if I could handle that music festival ground one year later with some of the stories that have come out of there, all those people chopped up and raped to death and everything like that.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that is unbelievable.
Speaker 5: Yeah, never mind the kibbutzas, the homes where families were burned alive, children executed, mothers raped in front of their children, then murdered.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's.
Speaker 5: Unspeakable horror by subhuman animals. In my opinion, Israel says nearly twelve hundred people died that day. That's how they said it on NPR, Israel says as opposed to just reporting the number. And then they went Hamas says forty thousand people have died, blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: So they're putting them you know, yeah, they're both saying this. Who knows what's true and what's not? Really wow, As.
Speaker 5: Usual, my focus is more on what to do about it, as opposed to, you know, the mourning part of it.
Speaker 1: And that's fine. I'm not saying it's in appropate.
Speaker 5: But I'm especially curious about the way things are going to go in the Middle East and with Israel specifically. And I was intrigued by some writing by Shandy Race in the Wall Street Journal one year after October seventh, Israel sees a future at war, And I was.
Speaker 1: Just scanning the article. It takes a long time to get to it.
Speaker 5: I thought the key sentence from it, and I'm going to counter, I'm sorry, I'm going to paraphrase is that Israel's new peace plan is to defeat its enemies. And when you look at it like that and phrase it like that, I think it gives you the clarity you need.
Speaker 1: One year, I'm going to quote from the article.
Speaker 5: Now, one year after the brutal Hamas attack that ended Israel's two decade golden age of relative peace, expanding wealth, and growing diplomatic ties, the country is now firmly on the counter attack.
Speaker 1: And preparing to be at war. For years.
Speaker 5: Lost a series of stunning attacks, they go into the list. The campaign marks an aggressive shift in Israel's security posture. For years, the military aim to provide long stretches of piece that were only momentarily punctured by short conflicts with Palestinian militants. There were occasional military maneuvers aimed at downgrading the axis, but they were never severe enough to draw retaliation. Then they mentioned that Israel saw its GDP sore. It's bustling capital, Tel Aviv, became a beautiful, affluent Mediterranean city.
Speaker 1: But after October seventh.
Speaker 5: Israel can no longer allow its enemies the time and space to build up arsenals that can pose an existential threat. Many have come to believe quote preemptive wars will be in the future of the Israeli part of the Israeli Toolkit Kit said in National Security advisor. That's clearly true, absolutely true, and it's not a choice, it's an existential reality.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know what point it would be okay to say preemptive because it, like I said last week, it really bothered me that they use that term in the debate. Would you support or oppose Israel launching a preemptive strike on Iran? Preemptive after they just had two hundred ballistic missiles fired up them?
Speaker 1: That would be a preemptive strike to hit them back?
Speaker 5: What, Yeah, and something like five hundred if you go back to April and totally Yeah, good point.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I like Dn Panels report on CBS because it did put the focus on what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: We're a year out and it's as hot as ever.
Speaker 3: There's a chance Israel and Iran are at full blown war today. You could make the argument that they already are, with the United States involved. So, yeah, this thing is far from decided from what happened a year ago.
Speaker 5: How about this sentence, different piece. Hamasa's massacre last October seventh was a catastrophe for Israelis, but a year later, it has also taught the West forgotten lessons about deterrence political will and the illusions of a liberal, peaceful world.
Speaker 3: Yep, that's pretty good, I am. Those kind of statements make me sad because I don't feel like we're I know, we don't fully understand that as a country.
Speaker 5: It's not that surprising that the most comfortable and affluent countries would be the last to wake up to the ugly reality that's never ever changed in all of human history, but once every couple of decades, particularly post fall of the Soviet Union. And this has made me insane watching the politics of this play out.
Speaker 1: Once in a while, we fall.
Speaker 5: Into this belief that, oh, human nature's changed, we're all interconnected, they're no more extremists and ugly people. Everything's great. Yeah, we can disarm and we'll be fine. Israel fell into that stupor yep, of all places.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, that's a decent point if they can. You know, it's not surprising that we do, because we don't have enemies right on our border firing rockets at us every day like Israel does. And they still were lulled into complacency. How about this? This is new Today. French President Emmanuel Macrone called for a halt on arms deliveries to Israel for use in Gaza. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyah, who said blah blah blah, Western leaders don't understand the threat French president, But how about that France is calling for a halt for the use of their weapons against Hamas.
Speaker 1: Why.
Speaker 5: I don't know a lot about the current state of French politics, just that Macrone's party is starting to flounder. And if you think jee Biden and Kamala Harris have a problem with Muslim voters in Michigan, France's entire you know, the suburbs of Paris are huge enclaves of Muslim voters. And I just wonder whether that's a domestic political reality that you will never read about in your mainstream publications.
Speaker 1: They're not going to bring that up.
Speaker 5: By the way, the reason Macrone asking Israel to lay off isn't because it's not a moral judgment. It's an electoral judgment. You have to dig to find that sort of you know, perspective.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 3: It's also been surprising to me for the past year that, for whatever reason, American hostages being held by Hamas hasn't turned into a story. There are still nearly a hundred hostages, a lot of them may be dead. The ones that aren't, who knows what the hell is they've been living in for the last year.
Speaker 1: A lot of women, but.
Speaker 3: There are four Americans there that just basically never get mentioned by either party really or any news outlet.
Speaker 1: So getting back to the.
Speaker 3: Hostagle, we'll say that again, what is that, Prime Minister of England.
Speaker 1: The return of thescal We need the.
Speaker 5: Return of the sausages. It's still bizarre and hilarious. So they're in context, it's a little less fun yeah, So.
Speaker 1: Getting back to what makes.
Speaker 3: It so how funny though, it's a horrific context and a very important line in front of the un And this is the one thing that needs to happen, of all things, God willing the.
Speaker 1: Return of the sausages.
Speaker 3: I mean hostages, yes, hostigle.
Speaker 5: I am certain that we have crafted the word horrfarious, something that is simultaneously horrifying and hilarious. That was horrfarious. So getting back to the Wall Street Journal's editorial board. In a separate piece, they talk about how the world must never forget the videos of Hamas's atrocity, how they slaughtered the defenseless deliberately and in close range. I won't go on and on took the hostages. Hamas is proud of this handy work and repeated it would repeat it if it could. As Hamas Paulaburo member Gazi Ahmad put it on Lebon's TV.
Speaker 1: The terror group would like to repeat October seventh.
Speaker 5: Again and again. Now this is the part that I want to at least touch on. Another ugly surprise has been the support for Hamas's argument in the West, especially on elite college campuses. The intellectual case for murderous terror, made by Franz Fannon and taught without hesitation for two generations, has poisoned the young against their own civilization. Students for Justice in Palestine on October seventh, these are Americans called it a historic win for Palestinian resistance, and anti Semitism was tolerated by university presidents as free speech. I don't expect you to spend a lot of time and energy getting up to speed on this. I hope you can just trust me on this, and if you want, read James Lindsay and Helen Pluckrose's Cynical Theories. It's an absolutely terrific book and helps you understand what's going on with the neo Marxism, but I went ahead and dug back into France.
Speaker 1: Fannon who he was. He is an.
Speaker 5: Incredibly influential thinker on the campuses of America's quote unquote eliteies. He was a French Afro Caribbean psychiatrist, political philosopher and Marxist from Martinique, French colony at the time. His works have become influential in the fields of post colonial studies, critical theory, and Marxism. He was a political radical, a Marxist humanist, and was concerned with the psychopathology of colonization. Among his many theories is that anything, anything, anything is justified in the name of decolonization. Any brutality is justified to decolonialize. The kids are just spouting what their professors have taught them. And by the way, Fannin also said to achieve full decolonization, the post colonial society should reject European capitalism as a path to economic and social development. He is a full on violent Marxist and he you've never heard heard his name before.
Speaker 1: That's funny, because your.
Speaker 5: Little kids are paying an arm of a leg in a neck for their tuition, are being taught about Fannin all day long.
Speaker 3: I just downloaded the Cynical Theories audio book. I need to listen to that because I haven't gotten around to it yet. And mentioned that noble musical festival where they Hamas went in and murdered all those lots of lots of young girls. All it was a peace festival, all filled with people who believe in, let's be friends with the moss. Right here on the border, we can all get along. They came in and raped you to death. College kids, if you had been there at the peace festival saying up with the Moss, they would have come.
Speaker 1: Into a machine, gunned you yeah, and raped you yeah. What the hell? How do you not get that? Anyway?
Speaker 3: I got lots of other stuff on the way. I have a Beethoven question for Joe. It's very important. Much On the way, stay here, a woman in Italy has set a new world record for having the world's thickest tongue.
Speaker 1: Reach for comment. The woman said, thanks, how about that? Too easy? Easy? But it still made me laugh out loud. I think it because he took the easy joke was just funny.
Speaker 3: Sight coming up, we'll hear a little of Trump from his big rally in Pennsylvania over the weekend at the spot where he got shot at and Elon was there, so that was a big deal.
Speaker 5: And how politics are tearing apart. A California retirement community.
Speaker 3: I listened to a tremendous amount of beeth often over the weekend.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 3: Generally I don't listen to any so any amount would be a lot more, but a lot like constantly over the weekend. It was really digging it. I got back into this book I started reading years ago about Beethoven's Ninth Symphony. There's a whole book about it. And the anniversary is this year is the two one hundred year anniversary. It was eighteen twenty four, two hundred year aniversary of Beethoven's first playing of the ninth century, and there's a whole book about it.
Speaker 1: Night Symphony is a whole book about it.
Speaker 3: But anyway, if you were recommending because you like classical music and listen to it, if you were gonna like if you were if somebody is saying, I really like Bruce Springsteen, what should I listen to? You would have a couple of songs to point him to that are like the best examples of why people like Bruce Springsteen. What would what would be your recommendations for Beethoven? Oh goodness, if you're going to throw on well, that's not right, because you might throw on stuff that's not the best introduction, because you're tired of Stairway.
Speaker 1: To Heaven or Born to Run or whatever.
Speaker 5: I would like to think I'm unpretentious enough though, to say, oh, you're just getting into this band, here's where it is.
Speaker 1: In fact, I do do that.
Speaker 3: So I just so, where do you start with Beethoven? I can tell you what my favorite is, having gone through it quite a bit over the weekend.
Speaker 5: Well, obviously, you know, people know the fifth Symphony Boum, and then they know enough of the first movement that that can get them into it. I would recommend if you want to do this, listen to the same symphony three times in a row. Because there are so many ideas and the complexity is so much different than a pop song, it takes you a while to get it. Once you get it, and you hear one idea flow into another and then become a third idea that combines the two, and then you hear a variation of the first idea, and you just it's such a groove. It's so cool, but it's it's it's like the difference between learning your ABC's and and learning, you know, nuclear science.
Speaker 3: Certainly a lot easier to listen to call me maybe than it is the beef Oven as.
Speaker 5: Somebody who's jamming the uh we're getting tipsy at the bar, song on the golf course the other day.
Speaker 3: I'm a big fan of the sixth Symphony, the Pastoral Symphony, which is all about walking through a field. And as a guy who's walked through many fields as a rube, love that.
Speaker 5: And then a giant thunderstorm breaks out and there's violence and storm and drong. But then the sunshine emerges again, the beasts come out, and the birds twitter.
Speaker 1: I love the sex.
Speaker 3: I have so much more to say about Beethoven, the person that I wanted to get to, but maybe another time. He was an He was an angry man, just kind of funny because.
Speaker 1: He hated poppies.
Speaker 3: And massive crowd in Pennsylvania at the site where Trump got shot in the first assassination at tenth and the crowd goes wild from Lee Greenwood. They're singing God, Bussy, you say, I'm listening to the crowd.
Speaker 1: That is something I'm struck.
Speaker 2: By.
Speaker 5: The oversimplification but powerful description. One of the candidates and his voters clearly love the United States of America, and one side seems ashamed of the country. It's an overstatement, oversimplification, like I said, but I think it's mostly true.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: That's a lot of energy outside of Barack Obama. In my life, I don't remember anybody getting crowds to sound like that. So Trump gets up there and they put up the chart that he turned to look at last time he was there, and if he hadn't turned to look at the chart, he'd probably be dead, as we all know. He turns, the bullet whizzes by, catches his ear, and they put up the chart, and here's Trump.
Speaker 6: Thank you, a very big thank you to Pennsylvania.
Speaker 1: We love Pennsylvania.
Speaker 6: And as I was saying, oh, I love that, I love that chart.
Speaker 1: I love that graph. Isn't it a beautiful thing?
Speaker 6: But also beautiful because look at the number that's the day I left office, it was the lowest border patrol, the lowest it's ever been.
Speaker 3: Actually gets into some of the policy stuff, which is, you know, the stuff people care about the economy, and immigration. Love when he sticks with that, hate when he doesn't. Elon Musk was there and it got mentioned a little in the news. If Beyonce or Bruce Springsteen were on stage with Kamala Harris, it would get lots of attention, as if that freaking matters. But the world's most successful man, who you could actually make an arm argument you know what he thinks matters, was there and whatever, He's just a Trump or so who cares, It's just not really worth mentioning in the evening news. Bruce Springsteen huge coverage Elon support video on every news channel of please, oh yeah, why? Why am I making a difficult comparison? What if Elon Musk was doing the same thing for Kamala Harris and on stage and talking about her and throwing his support behind her, obviously they'd be talked up as a huge deal. Anyway, here's a little Elon.
Speaker 7: But the true test of someone's character is how they behave under fire. And we had one president who couldn't climb a flat of stairs and another who was fist pumping after getting shot.
Speaker 3: Fight fight, fight, So Elon on his Twitter feed, what followers does he have?
Speaker 1: Let me look that up real quick on Twitter.
Speaker 3: He his avatar used to be him in a weird spaceman outfit for some, but now his avatar is him in a Maga hat make America Great Again hat. He has two hundred million followers. That's that's a solid following that could that could actually move some votes among especially among like young men who look to really successful other men, as you know, for some guidance in the world.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think so, given how close things are, I think it's significant. Yeah, that's not like when the senator from Ohio is he's in der he's announced his endorsement.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I've been mocking endorsements in my entire talk radio career. I generally think they don't matter at all. But I could see him Elon Musk walking out there being a nudge direction or another. It is amazing that the world's richest man has thrown his support is solidly behind one candidate. I'm not even sure I think it's a good idea for him, but he thinks he is.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll let him say why would I say it? The next clip there, Michael fifty.
Speaker 7: Six, thanks, the most important election of our lifetime.
Speaker 1: This is no ordinary election.
Speaker 7: The other side wants to take away your freedom of speech. You must have free speech in order to have democracy. That's why it's the first Amendment, and the second Amendment is there to ensure that we have the first Amendment.
Speaker 3: This last thirty days, I guess twenty eight days as of tomorrow. This last four week stretch is going to be wild. The intensity was ratcheted up so much yesterday. I noticed on the Sunday talk shows, which nobody watches and you shouldn't to waste your life, but the intensity and exaggerations, slash lies from everybody was ratcheted up quite a bit from previous weeks and it was already at ten. So this last four week stretch is going to be nutty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I loved was it Margaret Brennan or one.
Speaker 5: Of the lefty she Wolves of Sunday TV Meet the Press, Kristen Welker, saying that the idea that FEMA spent money on illegal immigrants is false. That's an urban legend, that's false when it's clearly documentably true that they have tens of million, hundreds of millions at all. Oh, by the way, not a she wolf, lovely and nice person. We've had on the air many many times. Shannon Breem of Fox, who's a very smart woman. She interviewed Tim Walls. Credit to Tim Walls for going on Fox and answering the hard questions.
Speaker 3: But man, she was ready to go. Well, I have to play some of that later in its own segment because there's a.
Speaker 1: Lot of good stuff there.
Speaker 3: And she nailed down that whole some of the abortion claims about various women that have died. She clarified that in a way that they certainly didn't do on the debate the other nights. We'll play some of that later for you left.
Speaker 5: The old coach is sputtering, Well, here's a revolutionary idea. You give me ninety seconds to lay out the case that Harris Waltz are hostile to free speech.
Speaker 1: Will break on time and come back with that. Okay, we could any I.
Speaker 3: Wonder hear about the old folks home. You're telling me about that sound very jersey.
Speaker 1: I don't know, No, I don't know. I've got like ninety seconds.
Speaker 5: I can tell a long, rambling thing about old folks are at each other's throats over politics in the Bay Area of California. Gee, I guess which side is trying to express the other one. Uh, we can't get to that eventually, right, Well, we've lost forty five seconds now arguing about which thing I'm going to do, So now I have time to do neither.
Speaker 1: And that's disappointing to both to me and the audience.
Speaker 3: And the milliar the lawyer milks the goat or the and and so she sold her hair brush. She sold her hair to buy a hairbrush for something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, something something, and then the goat, yeah, yeah, I will. I will tell you this Harrison Walls together, if you weave together the many statements that they have made of the sort I mean, for instance, the First Amendment doesn't protect hate speech or misinformation. That is specifically what it freaking protects.
Speaker 1: That is at the core of it.
Speaker 5: Unpopular speech, controversial speech, speech which you would like to ban, and the whole fire and a crowded theater thing, which is from the terrible Shank versus the US case. And never repeat that, by the way, it's it's falsehood. But when you read down the whole case that can be made against Harris Walls and their record on free speech, it is a serious threat to free speech. This is not some sort of fanciful. You know, paranoia, exercise in paranoia. Now, granted, especially as it's currently constituted the free the Supreme Court would eventually just absolutely sack it out of the park if the case went before them. But they are trying to aggressively tout the idea that they can regulate speech and approve and disapprove your political speech over and over again.
Speaker 3: Well that's what disgusting Gavin was trying to do in California right by outlawing ai satire. So who's gonna determine what's the satire and what's not? You Ald, you have a panel of geniuses that will get it right. That's so crazy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the federal judge took about as long to look at that case as you would if your kids suggested you get a grizzly bear. I mean, judge was like no with.
Speaker 1: This, okay?
Speaker 3: Little Tim Walls on Fox News Sunday again, credit to him for going in and how my we gole head?
Speaker 1: At times you are a knuckleheaded.
Speaker 3: Times more on the way stay here.
Speaker 8: I will own up when I misspeak, I will owe up when I make a mistake. My constituents here in Minnesota have elected me eight times. They know where I'm at, and I'm poud to be on the ticket and we'll deliver just like we have here in Minnesota.
Speaker 3: Okay, there's Tim Walls who was on Fox News Sunday yesterday, and good for him for going onto that show. Although if you're a Republican, your only option for news coverage is to go into the lions Den every day, all day long, constantly. But it's a big deal if a Democrat ever does it, because they don't have to very often. And anyway, for whatever reason, Tim Walls went on there, and I was glad that Shannon Breen, the host of Fox News Sunday, got into some of this abortion stuff.
Speaker 1: He threw around a lot of names of a lot of women.
Speaker 3: Who either were really hurt or died because they couldn't get what do they call it, women's.
Speaker 5: Reprovotive health care in particular?
Speaker 3: Now, no doubt there it is more restrictive in some areas of the country. It's harder to get an abortion than it used to be. But if you've got lots of examples of women dying because of this, then why would you have to make up some of them like it seems Tim Walls has done.
Speaker 1: Let's listen to this conversation.
Speaker 9: I want to clarify what the law is there in Minnesota. Abortion Finder, a website that helps women find access, says abortion is legal throughout pregnancy in Minnesota. There is no ban or limit on abortion in Minnesota based on how far along in a pregnancy you are. You sign the bill that makes it legal through all nine months. Is that a position you think Democrats should advocate for nationally?
Speaker 8: Look, the Vice President, I have been clear, the restoration of Roe versus Wade is what we're asking for.
Speaker 1: This Womanblrov Wade can make our own. The law is very clear.
Speaker 8: It does not change that that has been debunked on every occasion.
Speaker 1: But this is age. Let's agree.
Speaker 9: What you signed is there's not a single limit through nine months of pregnancy. Roe had a trimester framework that did have limits through the pregnancy. The Minnesota law does not have that.
Speaker 1: This puts.
Speaker 8: This puts the decision with the woman in her health care providers. The situation we have is when you don't have the ability of health care provide to provide that. That's where you end up with a situation like Amanda's Worski in Texas, where they are afraid to do what's necessary. This doesn't change anything. It puts the decision back on to the woman, to the physicians, and we know that this is simply something to be brought up.
Speaker 3: So that was the topic of the law that he signed in Minnesota, and whether or not it allows abortion clear up to the end or perhaps beyond, which he said had been fact checked to death.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it has.
Speaker 3: It's been fact checked to death against you, right, so yeah, and then well.
Speaker 1: He's tired of it too much fact checking.
Speaker 3: And then a couple of the names that he throws around of women that died because of not beginning being able to get the proper care in his words, one of them being a woman in Georgia. Shannon Breem made this point, but to be clear.
Speaker 9: That lot it's far beyond rov Wade and about the inber Thurban case in Georgia. Her family has and it's tragic.
Speaker 1: She is a young.
Speaker 9: Mother who left behind a young son. So what her family has said is it was a complication from an abortion pill that she received and she didn't get proper care when she went to a Georgia hospital, which had multiple opportunities to intervene there.
Speaker 1: Her own attorney.
Speaker 9: The family's attorney says it wasn't the Georgia law, it was the hospitals. What he claims is malpractice not treating for her when she clearly showed up in distress and still had the byproducts of her pregnancy because of that rare complication from the abortion pill. So just to be clear on the Georgia law and how her family and her attorney sees it.
Speaker 3: Now, that's one of the names they throw around constantly, this poor woman down in Georgia who died as an example of the evil right wing abortion laws. And you know, again, if you got a whole bunch of good examples of how women are dying left and right from not being able to get the proper abortions, then why do you throw out one that's clearly a lie, as Shannon Brene pointed out there, and you can google it, and it's not just in New York Post and Fox. There are plenty of other publications that point out her own lawyers saying no, it wasn't about the abortion. It was a bad the hospital did a bad job of treating somebody. And people die from mistakes all the time in this country, and this is one of them.
Speaker 5: They're trying to make the argument that the doctors are so terrified by the new abortion laws in Georgia, for instance, that they're afraid to go anywhere near a woman's reproductive parts. But that is absolutely not the case in this case. Shannon Bream, by the way, is painstakingly fair. She is a paragon among quote unquote journalists these days, and I thought she was very fair in that interview too.
Speaker 1: But I know you agree, So that's why I'm saying it.
Speaker 3: Clearly, it's true that if you had a whole bunch of good examples of women dying because of restrictive abortion policies, you would drop them out.
Speaker 1: But you've got like three names you hammer over and over again.
Speaker 3: At least one of them and the other two were suspective, but at least one of them is clearly bogus.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's another example of the Joe Getty axiom that people don't offer terrible arguments or examples because they're keeping their good ones fresh for the weekend. Now they offer them because that's all they've got. It's a tragic story, and you know it's worth mentioning that they've worked very, very hard to make the so called abortion pill very very easy to get with few limitations. There is a surprisingly high rate of complications with that women in UH I can't remember what I headed in front of me, and I don't now forgive me, but it is a high enough percentage of complications where women have to go get emergency room care. That the idea of making it effortless to get with no strings attached, and you just read the warning label on the bottle, it's probably unwise, even if you're in favor of it.
Speaker 3: And on this topic, Tim Walls and his boss Kamala Harris continue to go around. She'll probably say it on Sixty Minutes tonight, She'll probably say it on Howard Stern Tomorrow, she'll probably we say it on I think she's on a Jimmy Fowler, Jimmy Kimmel this week. Kamala Harris will probably continue to repeat that Donald Trump wants to sign an abortion ban, even though Donald Trump has stated the opposite. But anyway that came up yesterday, it should.
Speaker 8: Be very clear Donald Trump's asking for a nation wide abortion bank.
Speaker 9: And again we don't see this that he will not sign a national abortion ban. Are you calling that just it's a flat out line.
Speaker 8: Yes, of course, and Senator Vance has in the past said so too. Now, look, they may see this as an election issue. We see it as a right of women to make their own bodily decisions. And that's what the states like my state have the ability to put that in states like Georgia force women to cross the border. And then we have a death of Amber Thurmott. So let's be very again.
Speaker 3: So there you're going to so he just blows by her saying but the candidates are saying the opposite of that. He just blows by that as if that wasn't said, and then goes back to ander Amber Thurman, who's the woman in Georgia who died from complications, not the whole abortion thing. So, as Britt Hume tweeted out yesterday, this is objectively false. Both men Trump and Vance have said they oppose an abortion ban. Trump said he would veto the measure if it passed Congress.
Speaker 1: He would veto his own Republican Congress. I mean, what else do you get. He said it out loud, and it would never get through the Senate anyway.
Speaker 5: We are arguing dishonestly about something that will never happen.
Speaker 1: This is America's politics. Yeah, that is.
Speaker 3: That's shocking though, that they continue to go around stating the opposite of what Vance and Trump are saying on the campaign trail.
Speaker 5: If I was one of the uber cynical political operatives that run the show these days, I'd say, what do you want him to run on?
Speaker 1: Jack?
Speaker 5: The economy, on immigration, on are great forward relations?
Speaker 1: Now we're gonna run out of portion. It's all we got.
Speaker 3: It is one of their most animating issues. Definitely, Kamala Harrison sixty Minutes tonight will be something to watch, although I don't trust sixty minutes to leave in anything that would make her look bad.
Speaker 5: And the current president's incoherent anyway. That's kind of your wrap up for the day, Armstrong and Getty