Speaker 1: What you have to understand is in Great Britain they call a garbage can a bin. It's one more thing what I'm.
Speaker 2: Strong and one more thing.
Speaker 1: It's like a trash bin.
Speaker 2: Now that's a tease. I came across this tweet from JK. Rowling before we get to that's she's pretty snarky. She's the one who wrote the Harry Potter books and seems to spend her entire life battling people on Twitter about the trans issue. If I became a billionaire, I don't know that that's what I do with my time, but you know, whatever she enjoys. Somebody had, some transactivist person who appears to be trans had tweeted out trans acceptance will not be complete until CIS. People are okay with the idea of not knowing what genitals their date has and they have sex. Yeah, it's literally so very not a big deal. So you want to live in a world where I meet somebody, don't know whether they got a penis or not, don't care, and find out the first time we get intimate, and I'm perfectly okay with whichever it is. That's yeah, that's the world you're hoping for.
Speaker 1: Yes, two innies to outies, what of each whatever, It's fine.
Speaker 2: I'm sure we're on I'm sure we're marching that direction, and someday that's the world we will live in. That is so crazy anyway. JK. Rowling's pretty funny response was tricky because I already know what genital's my husband has. Would you accept both of us acting surprised once were naked, or could we just shake hands first and agree that we'll sol draw on if something's changed since last time.
Speaker 1: That is dryly fabulous.
Speaker 2: But that, I mean, the whole thing obviously has been a complicated conversation. But the idea that you think the perfect world would be. I don't care. I'm not interested, and I'm willing to wait until the first time we show each other, and then I will react with no emotion whatsoever to either a penis or a vagina. It doesn't matter to me. I have no interest whatsoever, in which.
Speaker 1: Reminds me of our discussion that until fairly recently, you wouldn't have the slightest idea what somebody's politics were if you're just meeting with perhaps a romantic prospect in mind, Not only would you not care, you wouldn't even think of it, not like for a really long time. They want your actual physical sex to be.
Speaker 2: That, So I'll bet there they do want to know that. So like your dating profiles and everything like that, you would have to nail down your politics. You would discuss what kind of music you like, and all kinds of different issues. But the one that we're not gonna even touch is whether you got a penis or a vagina. We'll just discover that together someday. And by the way, it doesn't matter to me what you have, which.
Speaker 1: Is so crazy, I might not even remark on it having found out.
Speaker 2: Because you see, when I get to that moment, I'm really really really fingers crossed toes crossed. It's a vagina.
Speaker 1: I have specific intent.
Speaker 3: Yes, my stay, the brain is going this could be a reality show.
Speaker 2: You know that you're like married first secon.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like I saw I think Netflix or somebody had in a while back where everybody kept their age to their themselves because it was a bunch of people that don't look their age, so you didn't tell anybody your age, and then they got together and then I guess I never watched long enough because it was so stupid to get to the big reveal. I'm actually sixty three. Oh my god, yoah, in this case, it'll be I was really hoping for Agina because that would fit, that would fit with my penis thing or really perf I mean they go together like Peanut Butter and Jelly. I mean, like Evant and Costello. It's really a good team. But here we are with two penises. So I don't know what No, yeah, yeah, well you shouldn't even care, right, I don't care. It doesn't matter to me. I'm going to react exactly the same, no matter which it turns out to be.
Speaker 1: Anybody got an idea for what the show would be called? What's My Junk?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's got more of a game show aspect to it. Where are you? And you'd have contestants and a buzzer exactly behind the fly. I think it's a man who has man and then they walk around, they drop their pants and you take a look.
Speaker 1: Oh more bigotry. A man can have a vagina, jack, right, I shouldn't remember. Stop using gendered language such a transphobe.
Speaker 2: Okay, so what's your little story Katie? Before we get the Joe?
Speaker 3: Oh it is so little compared to that topic we just had. I had to go into mama bear mode at the store over the weekend. So I had van my little, my little three month old in the stroller, and I have to tell you.
Speaker 2: Old ladies, oh yeah, they love babies, man, they love the babies.
Speaker 3: And I'm standing there waiting for someone to get the hell out of the way, because everybody seems to always be in the way when you're at the store. But anyway, this woman comes up and she goes, oh, I just love babies, and she pulls the visor back on.
Speaker 2: The stroller, hands off the stroller lady.
Speaker 3: And kind of like reached like I was like slow motion. She looked like she was going to reach for him. So I kind of put my arm out and I was like, yeah, isn't he adorable? And she kind of like, you know, snapped her hands back.
Speaker 1: But the.
Speaker 2: To go with what we were just the balls on. That woman.
Speaker 3: Just comes up cranks the thing back and I'm like, I.
Speaker 2: Remember that too. They're so willing to get up so close and start touching your baby, like dude, yeah, I am almost punched an elderly woman. That's that was my story from that. I would never think of touching somebody else's baby, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and and just cranking the thing back on the stroller. Right. Let me take a look.
Speaker 2: Let me stick my finger in his mouth there yet anyway?
Speaker 1: Wow? Could I stick my finger in your son's belly button? No, you cannot, Michael him a little tickle, good lord. People don't do this. Of course, if you don't know to not do this, you're probably not listening to this whole podcast. Yeah sure, yeah, all right, So the whole in the UK they call a garbage can, a bin, a dust bin, a fascinating or what have you. I mentioned that because the anti establishment. How would you describe the whole phenomenon that brought on Brexit in Trump and all the crazy political movements going on in the developed world. It's just discontent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sorry, we're just unhappy with the way things are. Well, throw out whoever the bums are.
Speaker 1: When that numb skull who will last probably six weeks became Prime Minister, his seat in Parliament opened up, I guess it's nonsystem. But Nigel Farage the weirdly is he right wing Reform UK leader is running for the seat, and they had a runoff. Top two vote getters advanced to the final much like you know, our elections in some cases, but and Farage was the number one finisher. The number two finisher was Count Binface, the self described intergalactic space warrior, who is a guy who goes around in a homemade but extremely well made like spaceman outfit, but his he has like a garbage can face. Are you looking at his costume right now, Katie?
Speaker 3: No, I am on my way there, Ben Face, the.
Speaker 1: Count beIN face. You know it's a good good costume, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, text that to uh the crew I should have earlier.
Speaker 3: But he reminds me of like a dubstep DJ, you know, are they always have the big things on their heads?
Speaker 1: And No, I have no idea what that is.
Speaker 2: Why did you decide to have a garbage can for a head?
Speaker 1: I think it's a comment on the politics of Great Britain. Oh okay, yeah, Count garbage can Face is going to I mean it's the bod boat face of candidates. And he finished in the runoff. Yeah yeah, uh yeah, zap that around, Katie, which it's on its way. I have okay, great, I have a feeling he's gonna win. He's uh, he might beat Nigel Farage. It's certainly possible. It depends how alienated Brits are really there it is.
Speaker 2: That's just pretty good costume.
Speaker 3: Yeah, isn't it a little slip for his eyes lights up?
Speaker 1: Oh, that's nice. So he's got a garbage can head that he can look through like a portal like he's a Disney character, not a Disney World or some Disneyland. And it appears he's got some hockey shoulder pads painted black and like a weird groin covering thing. Anyway, he has unveiled his manifesto. His full manifesto is actually some pretty brilliant political satire. It is. It is a twenty point plan. One I will boost the region's economy, prestige and fame. Two, I will cut your taxes and raise everyone else's. Uh let's see, I don't know it's it's pounds, but I'm gonna say a dollar just to simplify. Bus fares will be capped at a dollar ninety nine and ninety nine flake ice cream as to cost more than ninety nine cents. That must be a thing in Britain, I promise to spend more time in my district than in Washington, d C into a champion in the area. Wow. Let's see MP's members of Parliament who resigned mid parliament will be barred from the resulting by election. Okays, that's a comment. I plans to build at least one affordable house. Arcade arcade grabber. Games will be made fairer so players actually have a chance to win.
Speaker 2: Finally, now that it's funny, my kids would be all for that. I'm voting for that guy.
Speaker 1: Let's see, skipping ahead, there will be games. There will be a windfall tax on cozy crime novels written by written by celebrities. I have a feeling that's a comment on something that's happened in Britain. But that's funny. Let's see. Pothole will be filled using copies of the Labor Party manifesto. Let's see the people who drive past Clacton Station, that's the town with annoyingly loud exhausts will lose their driver's licenses. Let's see, we will hold a referendum on whether Pluto should regain its planet status. The hand dryer in the gents toilet, the Great Himalays restaurant Southport will be moved to a more sensible position.
Speaker 2: I like that. It's very it's.
Speaker 1: His favorite restaurant. I guess Count Binface will represent the UK at Eurovision twenty twenty seven. That's the big pop music contest that Britain has. So he's declaring himself the representative. Uh and and he says, I stand by my past manifestos. I don't know what that is. Speakerphones, nationalizing adele like national the oil industry. I read his argument. He was like, all of her songs are practically public domain anyway, so we should be getting her her royalties. Let's see there it is.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's pretty good.
Speaker 1: I will lower your taxes and raise everyone else's. Yeah good.
Speaker 2: We're in a snarky mood Western civilization. He could win.
Speaker 1: Count Binface.
Speaker 2: What's the election.
Speaker 1: I don't know. They just held the Yeah, I don't know when the big election is coming up. I will have to check.
Speaker 2: But he made the top two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well done't count and you know it represents the tradition of royalty as well as a noble one.
Speaker 2: I wonder where the hand dryer is. Sometimes they're going to like the right behind the door. So you're gonna get whacked in the head.
Speaker 1: Well not anymore, not if count Binface gets elected.
Speaker 2: Katie, the old lady who waters the produce in the grocery store.
Speaker 1: She wants to blow raspberries in your son's stomach.
Speaker 2: Well I guess that's it.