Speaker 1: Can we get a wellness check on Eric Swallowell place. It's one more thing.
Speaker 2: I'm swallow raises his head into podcast cool.
Speaker 3: Before we get to that, though, Elon Musk put human beings into space yesterday higher than they have been in fifty years, which is a pretty.
Speaker 1: Big Elon Musk, I got to ask, do you mean like at a higher altitude or just more stone?
Speaker 3: Excellent point? By higher SpaceX, his rocket company put human beings further up in orbit than has happened in a half century, back when only governments could do that sort of thing. Here's what it sounded like.
Speaker 1: Lift off yesterday, good ten, nine eight?
Speaker 3: Follow or.
Speaker 1: Cop you one? Alpha?
Speaker 2: Do you bults pitching down the range.
Speaker 3: Is dumb?
Speaker 1: I have two observations. Number one, there is not a crowd of human beings in the world who does not count down too quickly. You always get ahead of the count. People get excited. Second thought, everybody counting down gets to zero or blast off and cheers like lunatics. Meanwhile, the astronauts are thinking this shiznizzle, just start it right right. I'm on top of a bomb being thrust into space.
Speaker 3: Hey, nothing ended yet. My thoughts Private companies have more showbiz than government scientists by a lot, which you can understand why. And I was just thinking dark thought, hope it never happens, But EL probably have a tragedy at some point like the Apollo and Space Shuttle programs did, right, And I wonder how you deal with that as a private company.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's an interesting question on a number of levels PR, legal, perception, perception, which is I guess pr he's got.
Speaker 3: He does have that advantage of the fail fast thing that the government never did, which is just such a good idea. Now let's try it, try it, it fails, figure out what went wrong. Then fix that fails again, fix that as opposed to we got to get right the first time, and it taking so long, right, And I wonder if doing that, bit by bit by bit he cuts back the chance of a really really catasphropic catastrophic failure, I hope.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, I've long maintained, whether it's NASA or SpaceX or anybody else, that mankind has to continue to explore. We just have to expand our horizons and learn and learn and learn. That's what makes us human. If we ever retreat into the you know, and This is much more popular on the left, This idea of we're just gonna hunker down and redistribute money and just not yearn for anything anymore.
Speaker 3: Count me out well psychologically, I think you're right. And then Elon's belief is that if any life form in the universe is going to survive, it needs to be multiplanetary because no planet will last forever. And he believes if there ever was intelligent life anywhere in the universe, it died out because it wasn't multiplanetary. That we will be. So we'll be on Earth and Mars. So if Earth gets destroyed, we're somewhere else, and then other places also, that's his thing.
Speaker 1: I just I demand that everybody involved sign a solemn vow not to go to another planet and eat those people's pats.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't it be something if you're on Earth and you watch the people on Mars. This would be maybe I don't know, one hundred years from now, two hunred years from now, once they get a decent population and they've got to have like cities and government and crime and all of the things that exist with humanity, and then watch it from this planet or vice versa, where you might think, oh, man, that really looks nice there. They have a lot less crime or comparisons between systems or something. I don't know, that could be really fascinating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we already kind of have that between countries. Yeah, yeah, huh. Anyway, I for one look forward to the future. Getting back to pet eating. If you missed the debate on what was It Till Tuesday night, the September the tenth, Trump discussed the alleged eating of pets by Haitian immigrants in Ohio, AH. The specifics of it not important. We went over that a good deal. But some online genius noticed the rhythm of Trump's comments and it reminded him of a certain very popular and well known musical theme.
Speaker 4: They're eating the dogs, the people that came in. They're eating the cats, they're eating they're eating of the people that live there.
Speaker 3: It's too good.
Speaker 1: It is hilarious. It is hilarious. I know, you know, I've spent a lot of time thinking about humor in my life. And there are some things that are extra funny because they're so smart, and there are some things that are just so funny because they're so stupid. And if they were smarter, they wouldn't be nearly as funny. That is exquisitely dumb.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, his words match up with the piano rhythm period, and the fact that his words are absurd makes it better. Play it again.
Speaker 4: They're eating the dogs, the people that came in, they're eating the cats, they're eating they're eating of the people that live there.
Speaker 3: And it doesn't sound like he edited it at all.
Speaker 1: He or she? No, No, it is perfectly idiotic. God, I admire that.
Speaker 3: Hey, I will never be able to do that. Will it? That had to come from the human brain. I can't believe it.
Speaker 1: But anyway, Yeah, I don't know. Oh, we're going to do the other. The Willie Brown profile from nineteen ninety five on ABC News. There's only one line in it orth hearing. You'll probably catch it. It's clip eleven Michael not Tori really for.
Speaker 5: His flamboyant lifestyle, flashy clothes, fancy parties, fine women, and fast cars.
Speaker 1: Did you catch it? His flamboyant lifestyle, fine women?
Speaker 3: Are you his daughter?
Speaker 1: Now? I'm not? Who did you recognize that voice? A very young Kamala Harris hanging out with slick Willie her mentor she didn't.
Speaker 3: Seem to be bothered by asking being asked by a reporter if she was his daughter, which implies that he's way your boyfriend's way older than you. Didn't even bother her any that is? That is something fine? Women, Are you his daughter?
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what that made that that little profile because we knew Willie Brown some We did a bunch of stuff with Willy Brown years ago, radio shows and appearances and stuff like that. It made me want to be in his orbit back in the day. That looked like a good time. I looked like a really good time, be like hanging around Sinatra.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in a lot of ways. I won't get off on. You know what kind of guy Willy Brown is. He's a complicated man. Anyway.
Speaker 3: Do you spend much time with Willy Brown, Katie, Oh no, No. So you know, he was mayor of San Francisco obviously, then ran the state for years. I mean he was the most powerful guy in the state for years and years and years and years.
Speaker 1: Back before term limits. So he was Speaker pro tem of the Senator whatever forever.
Speaker 3: And I have a natural repulsion with all politicians. I just automatically hate them before I've ever even met them. I just hate politicians, and that's just why I'm built. He You can't not like him. He's got there's something that some people have, and he's got that people say that Bill Clinton has that. I've never met Bill Clinton, but Willie Brown when is in a room, even everything I knew about him in his past, and I'd read books about him and watched Docy, everything I knew about him when he was in the studio with this. You wanted him to like you. You just wanted to be kind of like. You wanted him to think you were cool for some reason. It's just I don't know what that Jedi mind trick is that some people have, but he has it.
Speaker 2: Bill Clinton and Willie Brown, I'm both hooking up with chicks way younger than.
Speaker 3: That using that skill. Yeah right, I just described on women.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Hillary knows it was like a big bearded Viking anyway. Yeah, Willie enormously charismatic, very gracious. He was just a really gracious guy to be around. He would make you feel important. That's like they always said about Clinton. He would make you think you were the most important person in his life at that moment.
Speaker 3: And I have such a high degree of skepticism about that sort of thing. I hate it when somebody thinks they're playing me and getting away with it, salespeople and stuff like that. Oh my god, I hate it more than anybody I know. But he it just Hey, Willie Brown, I think kind of likes me.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, he's in the very top top tier of that sort of thing. He also had an amazing, amazing inst for buying real estate right before a giant state project would pay a super premium for that land. Oh he was gifted in that way, just amazing.
Speaker 3: And fine, women, are you his daughter? No? No, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you know what, I'm sorry that kind of distracted me. Why don't we just for not because it's hilariously stupid, but just to re establish the theme. Give me the peanuts thing again.
Speaker 4: They're eating the dogs, they're eating they're eating the.
Speaker 3: Recoiled When he said that during the debate, I.
Speaker 1: Did too, not because I care about whether people are discussing it or not, but because it was a missed opportunity. But I don't want to relitigate. That was point during the debate.
Speaker 4: Did you say, oh, here we go, we're going off the rails for me, it was the crowd seconds and I.
Speaker 3: I did with a handshake. I thought, oh that was not good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was the handshake. Yeah. Anyway, I don't want to relitigate that. I wanted to do this. So in the Homeland Security I can't. Or the one of your big committees in the House, the Chairman brought up the pet eating in some regard. They're talking about immigration, the border and that sort of thing. And Eric Swalwell, swall Well, Swallwell, remember that lover of Chinese spies. He reacted badly to it. Twelve Michael, what in the hell is this?
Speaker 6: The Chairman tweets protect our ducks and kittens in Ohio because he goes some down, goes down some crazy rabbit hole, completely debunked that aliens are eating pets. O my god, are you okay, mister Chairman, Because last year, for a very long time, you tweeted and promoted Kanye West as he was calling for genocide against the Jews, and you kept it up. And now when we have victims coming here, you're tweeting this nonsense.
Speaker 1: I don't know why you would do this. I hope you're okay.
Speaker 6: I don't know if the aliens who are eating your ducks are in the room with us right now. But mister Sherman, this is a serious issue. These people have loved ones who have been lost, and you tweeted this.
Speaker 1: I am reminded of Mark Twain's famous statement, say I were a congressman or an idiot, but I repeat myself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, first of all, aliens not the preferred nomenclature on your side, there, swallowell. And two, that was the worst feigned outrage I've ever heard. That was a really horror attempt acting like you were.
Speaker 2: Upset well in that slam you heard in the middle of the clip with him like very dramatically putting his head down on his desk, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah. It was straight out of like a silent film from nineteen ten, you know, overacting. So the fact that the Chairman.
Speaker 3: No, I have sex with a Chinese spot. Yeah, where's Fang Fang.
Speaker 1: When you need her? That's right. You know, the fact that the Chairman tweeted that out was probably not great judgment, but it was one of those AI generated memes that were so hilarious of Trump gathering the ducks and cats to them and protecting them this is this is the greatest superpower on earth. This is our Congress, Article one, the first part of the Constitution, Congress, and what it does, that's what they do. God save the Union.
Speaker 3: Eating the dogs, they're eating, they're eating the.
Speaker 4: People that came in, they're eating, they're eating the people.
Speaker 3: That live there. That might be my favorite thing ever.
Speaker 1: Nomination for the Clip of the Year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, that'll be hard to beat.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be hearing that all day long. Well, I guess that's it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm glad you remembered that clearly high Clip of the Year contender.