Speaker 1: Second date up date. They say in life, when one door closes, another door opens, its positive outlook. That's great unless you have some type of door phobia.
Speaker 2: Oh god, oh god, if.
Speaker 1: You're scared to leave your house now because of all the random doors that are opening and closing in front of you.
Speaker 3: I really.
Speaker 1: But in the dating world, I think it's a little bit similar. When one date ghost is another date approaches.
Speaker 3: I was wondering why you're going with the ghost is stretched.
Speaker 1: She had to shoehorn the rhyme in there. But I think it works because that's what happened to one of our listeners, Chase recently. So Chase, welcome to the show. And before we get into it, what's your stance on doors? Anti, I'm a pro door j Okay, you're straight.
Speaker 3: They are great.
Speaker 1: We don't even need to talk about your date. If we want it, you could just focus on doors for the next seven minutes. Welcome are segment or doors. But honestly, let's hear about the woman that you went out with. What's her name, Tiffany?
Speaker 3: Tiffany? I mean, I don't know. Just the way he said, it sounds like you like Tiffany, obviously, what do you like about her.
Speaker 2: Well, you could say I used to like her.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, and why do you want to call her again?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's going on?
Speaker 2: I don't Oh wait, I'm going to go there.
Speaker 1: I don't think you understand how the second dates work because we used to try and call the people that you went out with.
Speaker 2: All right, well, I guess I should start from the beginning.
Speaker 1: Yes, please, Tiffany.
Speaker 2: I met her online. She was pretty cute and I was excited to meet her. And first dates, I usually like to do activities rather than just sit around and have to talk. So I plan for us to play mini golf.
Speaker 1: I still want to do this date. I've never done a mini golf. That's so fun.
Speaker 3: It's a great first date.
Speaker 2: Well, I got there like fifteen minutes early. I went and got the clubs and balls and paid for us could both play.
Speaker 3: Oh that's awesome. So she can just show up and play and seven have to wait and all that.
Speaker 1: That's good, that's thoughtful, gentleman.
Speaker 2: Move right. So I'm sitting there and I'm waiting. Five minutes goes by after she's supposed to be there, ten minutes, fifteen minutes. Oh no, the ghost is so I text her I get ghosted. I texted her and she apologized she had to cancel for whatever reason I don't even remember.
Speaker 1: And you already bought the balls and the clubs and everything.
Speaker 2: Already had the balls and clubs. So yeah, that's where things got interesting.
Speaker 3: I don't like Tiffany either. Screwtivity.
Speaker 2: You guys got a family member pass away or something.
Speaker 1: We don't know. Mini golf takes precedence of her family members. Everybody knows this.
Speaker 3: That's like, excuse you're telling me that she doesn't text you until twenty minutes after she's supposed to be there, and it's a legit reason.
Speaker 1: So what do you do at that point?
Speaker 3: Chase?
Speaker 1: Do you do two rounds of golf by yourself?
Speaker 3: I would double club? Got two clubs?
Speaker 2: No, So yeah, I'm already frustrated about the cancelation and stuff. I go return the balls and clubs and get my money back.
Speaker 3: Sad moment, can you do?
Speaker 2: I was gonna ask that.
Speaker 1: The guy's like, no one's ever.
Speaker 2: There's like the sixteen year old kid working the counter, and he's like, oh, sorry, I can't give you your money back. So so I'm already frustrated or whatever, and I hate to be this guy, but I was like, okay, let me talk to the manager, like, oh man, oh.
Speaker 3: Wow, I mean the kid could barely drive. I kind of get it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, fix.
Speaker 1: I'm still kind of confused about how this is a second date, Like what are we doing here? Is we're getting there?
Speaker 2: We're getting there?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Then the manager finally comes over, and that's where the story takes the turn. And so the manager is this gorgeous woman.
Speaker 3: Oh I did not.
Speaker 2: See this coming.
Speaker 3: And suddenly you don't have a complaint anymore, do you? Because what are you going to tell sexy manager? I just got stood up giving.
Speaker 2: My money back. It wasn't even really necessary. Actually, she was awesome and super friendly, gave me my money back right away, So that wasn't that part of the story wasn't even an issue anymore.
Speaker 1: So okay, so what did you do?
Speaker 3: Did you strike up a conversation with her? Is that who we're interested in? Now?
Speaker 2: Well? We were just kind of friendly and cordial to each other there. But at that point, you know, I took the money I spent on golf, and I went over to the bar and got myself a drink, and I was just kind of hanging out over there, okay.
Speaker 1: With the manager or by yourself.
Speaker 2: Well I was by myself, but then the manager actually approached me.
Speaker 1: Like it like, it's not a good look to have lonely men drinking in here. I better sit down next to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So she again apologized, you know, that I couldn't get my refunded first, and that she felt bad about what had happened and stuff, And so she gave me her business card that also had her personal cell phone number on it.
Speaker 3: Oh no, like she saw it opening, right, so like she must have been attracted to you, saw you sit in to buy her and alone, and was like, this is my chance.
Speaker 2: Well that's what I thought. That was that for that night. And then a few days later I was like, since I didn't get the golf, maybe I could meet you and we could do a round of golf together. So a few days later we played around of golf.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, so you texted her and you guys actually went out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I met her at her work.
Speaker 1: She had the hook up.
Speaker 3: What's her name? I didn't even get the manager's name, did we.
Speaker 2: Her name is Kelly?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, And so it was fun with Kelly I'm guessing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was awesome. We got through the round of golf and she got busy, and it was actually on one of her work days. We met up, and so she had to get back to work. But yeah, since then, I kind of haven't really heard from her. So that's the story I see.
Speaker 1: So now we're going to be calling Kelly the mini golf manager.
Speaker 2: Yes, Kelly the mini golf manager.
Speaker 3: Okay, and have you texted or called it all a little bit?
Speaker 2: But yeah, I haven't heard from her. Maybe it was a bad idea to meet her at her work, Like maybe I should have just been more forward her and asked her out somewhere else. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe she wasn't even thinking it was like a legit date or something. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, regardless, you can always bring the first girl back and make Kelly jealous. No, Yeah, it's a win or lose, buddy, this is a win. Well, I guess the other girl's not calling me.
Speaker 3: Back to Yeah, yeah, don't you don't want to get stood up twice Kelly play golf.
Speaker 1: Okay, We're gonna try and do our best to make sure that doesn't happen to Yeah, we got your back, Okay, because we're playing a song, We're gonna come back. We're gonna call Kelly and try and get you a second date. Update right after this.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, awesome things, guys, Hold on.
Speaker 1: Second date update When you asked to speak to the manager nine nine hundred and ninety nine times out of a thousand, and that encounters not gonna end in romance, No, no, no. But for one of our listeners, Chase, he's the one in a thousand wow, because he wanted to get a refund at the mini golf fund zone but ended up falling for the attractive manager who helped him.
Speaker 3: It's kind of cute, don't you think The timing is?
Speaker 1: Yeah, in like a weird, complaining type of way.
Speaker 3: I know, but hey, he switches to and he got his refund and.
Speaker 1: He got a date, a date with Kelly. The two of them actually ended up playing a round of golf together a few days later. But all of a sudden, now she's ghosting.
Speaker 3: Oh that sucks, and uh.
Speaker 1: We need to figure out why.
Speaker 3: I think he maybe I think you may be onto something. Honestly, that like meeting her on her day at work, was the bad call.
Speaker 2: I hope. No, I just thought that'd be a nice way.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: She kept saying she was so bad I didn't get to play golf, so I was like, oh, we can play golf.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, yeah, I get it. But most people don't want to have a first date at the place where they're Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, it's like she made the opening. He took the opening, and then now maybe it wasn't as hot as it could.
Speaker 1: Have been, or maybe just a really bad golfer. But hopefully we'll get an answer from her. I'm going to call her number right now and we'll see what she has to say. You ready, I'm ready, all right? Go Hello, Hey is this Kelly? It is Hey Kelly. I was hoping I could play a round of mini golf for a party of four coming up soon for free.
Speaker 3: Wait for free?
Speaker 1: You do that?
Speaker 4: No, I'm not for free. You have to pay your manager.
Speaker 1: I'd like to speak to your manager. What if the four people who want to play work for a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: I'm just still sure that you're gonna have to pay.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry off the credit card you just pulled?
Speaker 3: The dude, you know who we are.
Speaker 1: Made my skin cross and she said no, So Kelly, look, we're doing something called a second date update.
Speaker 3: Okay, has nothing to do with us playing golf at your establishment.
Speaker 1: But one of our listeners played golf at your establishment recently, and you actually played with him. You remember, Chase, I do.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, this is weird. Wait, wow, I'm a little confused.
Speaker 2: Well, we're just sorry.
Speaker 1: Chase told us about the two of you guys hanging out, how you met and that whole story, and he felt like the two of you had a nice little connection when you played golf together. But afterwards he's a little bit confused about why you're not responding anymore.
Speaker 3: I mean, from his side of things, it felt like you were pretty into him. You know. He told us about how you approached him at the bar, like gave him your personal cell phone number and card, and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we heard his side of it. We'd like to know, like, what was your impression of Chase.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't think he really knew that the person that he was dealing with, the young kid he was dealing with, came back and said, hey, listen, this guy got stood up money back. So I felt bad for.
Speaker 3: Him, Like right at the beginning there when he asked for his money back stood him up, the sixteen year.
Speaker 1: Old, the teenager that helped him, He went back.
Speaker 3: And ran it on Chase too good drama for the teenager.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, I mean I felt bad, so I gave him his money back, and I saw that he went to go get a drink, so I thought I'd get him a drink because that's like the worst feeling in the world happened to me.
Speaker 1: You know, you guys have great customer service over please cry again. I'm sure they don't get many returns or refunds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but did you think he was cute? I mean while he was crying, he wasn't crying. Was he crying? And he didn't say that, No.
Speaker 4: He wasn't crying.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: He just seemed like just a nice guy who got let down. Yeah, So, like, I mean, I gave him my card just because, like, like I told that for him, and like if he needed anything else or it's coming back again, maybe I could help him out with the date.
Speaker 1: You know, Okay, but he told us that you actually did end up playing around a golf with him?
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, because he ended up checks me the next day and so I didn't know if I don't know, I didn't know if it was like a date or not. Okay, you know what I mean. I wasn't really sure. I didn't know if you just wanted to be friends.
Speaker 3: Okay, he didn't make it, but it sounds like you were maybe open to it if it was a date, right, Like are you single?
Speaker 4: I mean I am single, yes, but like I was open to it. I mean it was fine, It was nice at first, and then things got a little weird. So I just preferred not to answer him.
Speaker 1: What, yeah, do you mind telling us what was weird?
Speaker 4: There's some things like you all have played mini golf, I'm assuming. Yeah, so there is a bridge. This was like probably on the fourth fold of the bridge. And he's like, do you ever like after work bring your dates back here and like fool around under the bridge? And I'm like, what.
Speaker 1: Hooking up on the golf course.
Speaker 3: Get any asterturf rug.
Speaker 1: I'm curious? Have you don't.
Speaker 3: Ask that you don't do that?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: So I said no, I don't and brushed it off.
Speaker 2: But right, that.
Speaker 3: Would just be him like trying to be flirty and failing.
Speaker 4: I would assume if it happened once, I would understand, but it did not like everything he encountered. After that, He's like, do you ever make out with anybody behind the windmill? Can you around like behind the clown head or like on the octopus or you know what I mean. It's weird, weird.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, not everything's many on the mini golf course.
Speaker 3: But are you talking about the little tiny pencils? Do those turn you on to Yeah?
Speaker 1: Totally?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean that's too bad, and you weren't able to like be like, hey man, knock it off.
Speaker 4: I know what I did is I pretended to get a text message because that's on my work and said, oh, they haven't.
Speaker 3: I don't blame you for that one.
Speaker 1: I don't know if we all if he's done, we are sorry that that happened to you. And I'm also sorry to tell you that Chase is actually on the other line listening and he wants to talk to you, don't four golf course Chase. Hey, Kelly, Hi, Okay, were you listening to what she said?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I was, okay.
Speaker 3: Do you have some like self reflections on that one explanation?
Speaker 2: I mean I was just playing around. I guess like yes, Like I said, at the time when we started playing, I didn't really know much about Kelly except for she worked at a mini golf place.
Speaker 1: So that's what you asked. You can't think of anything else to ask her than behind that thing.
Speaker 3: That's not a get to know you question. I need to know you questions like you know, what hobbies do you you have brothers?
Speaker 1: Well, hooking up on a golf course could be a hobby for something.
Speaker 3: I think you owe her apology, Chase.
Speaker 2: You're probably right. I'm sorry this whole time, Like I now that I've heard your side and I explained my side of the story is just kind of this weird thing, like is it a date? Is it not a date? So yeah, I was like, hey, you ever make out behind the clown yet? So you're trying to.
Speaker 3: Set the tone like why are you saying it again?
Speaker 4: It's very accurate.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know. I don't think I'm the only one who's ever walked past the bridge at a mini golf place and be like, hey, if I had to hide somewhere on a mini golf course to do a little risky business, that you know, a nice time to go in there.
Speaker 3: Initially, at places called family fun set.
Speaker 1: I think I get where he's coming from.
Speaker 3: Now, he's trying to be funny and honest. I think, Kelly, I mean you liked him before he did all that weird questioning.
Speaker 4: I felt sorry for him. I'm not really quite sure that I actually like him.
Speaker 1: Oh, well, do you feel sorry enough for him to give him one more chance at another date? And maybe after that second date you'll start to like him and we would pay for it.
Speaker 4: I'm going to say that I'm sorry, but I do not want to go on a second date, even.
Speaker 1: If it's an after hours date at the mini golf course. You can show him what really happens behind the giant shoe?
Speaker 2: Are you guys.
Speaker 4: Saying that makes my skin crawl?
Speaker 3: Like do people really.
Speaker 4: Want to like hook up on a mini golf course?
Speaker 2: Well? I think about that sometimes.
Speaker 1: So it's sounding like a no from Kelly there.
Speaker 3: But it sounds like Chase, you found yourself a new mini golf partner in Jeff, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you and I can go, or we might feel bad enough for you to send you out on a hity date with Alexis. She's done stuff on many courses.
Speaker 3: Before anything with the town anything Brook and Jeffrey in the morning,