Speaker 1: Second date, Up date, Brooke. Let's say you were on an old dating game show where the three suitors are hidden behind the mystery walls and their voices were disguised.
Speaker 2: Who could they be?
Speaker 1: Do you think you would end up picking your husband Michael out of the group or would you end up being more compatible with Bucky the three tooth septic tank enthusiasts. He collects them all the way back from the nineteen fifties. Who you choosing?
Speaker 3: Brook?
Speaker 2: My husband team, I'm.
Speaker 1: Sorry for the time.
Speaker 2: His parents spent a lot of money on those teeth.
Speaker 1: One of our listeners, Sheila, says she had a funny compatibility situation happened in her life recently and thinks it could be fate that brought them together. Shayla, are we calling a three toothed septic tank enthusiast today?
Speaker 4: It's okay, you don't have me worried.
Speaker 2: He's just my backup player.
Speaker 5: Okay, Yeah, I have a really coincidental thing that probably only happened to me.
Speaker 1: Okay, you said it had something to do with compatibility, What does that mean?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I recently went to a compatibility party at this art gallery.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait, what's that?
Speaker 3: I ever heard of it.
Speaker 5: So it's really like a new wave dating where there's like a big space and a lot of people. You have a QR code with a dating survey.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you like say you're what you're looking for, what your likes are or for?
Speaker 1: Like most surveys, you can answer I don't know.
Speaker 4: Jeff has a thing against I don't know answers on surveys.
Speaker 2: It really is hard.
Speaker 1: You know why it's an option, but hopefully it wasn't on this survey by the Interjet survey. It's like, are you a robot?
Speaker 2: So how do you find your matches in this party?
Speaker 5: Oh? So after you do the survey, they run in through like an algorithm, and so you match with someone at the party that you're supposed to be most compatible with.
Speaker 2: Okay, because they're right.
Speaker 5: There is that technical dating as you are supposed to figure out what you like.
Speaker 4: You don't have to say, yeah, you don't have to do all the DMA and all the stuff.
Speaker 1: And in an art gallery like it's more fancy, you feel like love is going to happen for sure. So who did it match you with?
Speaker 5: All right? So get this, I knew the person who they matched me with already. Oh yeah, it gets better. So it was my ex boyfriend.
Speaker 2: Oh did you know he was at the party?
Speaker 5: You like, we haven't even said anything, like we broke up three years ago, And I was just like, are you kidding me? Of course it would be me.
Speaker 2: That's a long time.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it's timing if you come back later.
Speaker 2: I can't tell. Are you excited about this matching with the X or not?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: When it started, I was shocked, okay, but sure saying it was I was a perfect match. So I went along with it.
Speaker 1: What was your ex boyfriend's reaction?
Speaker 5: He thought it was kind of funny, though we both we both did.
Speaker 2: Laugh about Okay, was it a bad break up?
Speaker 5: I can't right, Like I really can't remember.
Speaker 1: Like, wow, you didn't anything, or it was so horrible she completely blocked it out of remember either way, remember three years.
Speaker 5: Of my life.
Speaker 1: But here's the question, do you like at this point, do you like just go along with it, or do you like call one of the organizers and be like, hey, this is a mistake.
Speaker 5: So we went along with it, and they had like the couples played icebreaker games to get to know each other. But we already like, well, everything about it.
Speaker 1: Everything.
Speaker 4: Do you know that that organizer was like I actually created.
Speaker 2: Look at how these two people are so well matched. They know they're even they have the same favorite color.
Speaker 5: And we got more interesting as the night went along because we played more social games and everyone kept saying that my ex and I we had really great chemistry and we really connected.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. And they didn't even know that you guys were exes.
Speaker 5: No, they didn't even they didn't even know.
Speaker 1: You do.
Speaker 4: And it's kind of cute that you guys didn't tell anybody inside joke against everybody else.
Speaker 2: So you're having a good time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we had a good time. We had to do group dances and everyone had to be in sync, and we danced to like Tipsy the country song, and everybody thought we were adorable, and so it just got to the point where we eventually told the group that we were actually exies, and like everybody started freaking out and laughing.
Speaker 1: They're got some tea and made.
Speaker 5: Me actually realize that we are a really good match.
Speaker 1: Oh no, yes, I was worried that like a lot of my exes are going to hear this try and get back together with.
Speaker 2: Me after this Okay, wait, nobody, I.
Speaker 1: Can't because I'm blocking them anyway, what's happened since then?
Speaker 5: I've been trying to reach out, but Keith he hasn't set up anything. So I've been.
Speaker 1: You said his name, Keith, Keith's my ex. Okay, wait, you.
Speaker 2: Guys didn't hook up that night. I'm sorry it.
Speaker 1: We're going to have done it right on top of one of those abstract sculptures.
Speaker 5: We were at the party for so late, for so long, that kind of just went our separate ways.
Speaker 1: After you're an old couple, You're like, no, I'm really.
Speaker 5: Tired, and I hit it. We're exes. But the algorithm doesn't it can't lie. I mean this is a mathematical Well, there.
Speaker 1: Might be something to that. So you want us to call your ex boyfriend right now and convince him to take you out on a date, Well, yeah.
Speaker 5: I think it's worth a shot, Like I could use some help. It's science.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wonder how he could even argue against science.
Speaker 2: Nobody does that these days.
Speaker 1: Nor we'll see what your ex boyfriend Keith has to say when we do your second date update. Right after this second date update, is it a good idea to get back with your ex.
Speaker 2: Does it matter happens?
Speaker 1: I mean it worked for Justin Bieber and Selena well, well no, not really well with j Lo and Ben Well okay, actually yeah that's kind of rocky. Okayced, that's just you know, the rumor to work on this, I'll find one and while that's happening, broke. Why don't you recap this because our lessener, Sheila randomly got paired up with her ex had a compatibility party.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the algorithm told her that he was the perfect match, and she saw him out and they had a great night.
Speaker 2: They spent the entire night together. They danced, they played silly games.
Speaker 1: Even the other daters were like rooting them off totally.
Speaker 2: It was super fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh, Will Smith and Jada Jada Jada Pinkett. They were exes that broke up and got back together. They've been together this whole time. Surprisingly, I think.
Speaker 2: There was a weird time.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, I just seems they seem pretty solid, So I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm sure Sheila, it's gonna work out great for you. Here. When we call your I remember her breakup.
Speaker 4: We asked her if it was good or bad, and she was like, she's leaving room for positivity.
Speaker 5: Positive.
Speaker 1: Let's do this before jelab and this is backed on science. Unlike all those other relationships, this is a dating algorithm that says they are meant to be together.
Speaker 2: Everyone knows dating algorithms have never been wrong.
Speaker 1: That's why I got matched up with my sister. So here we go. Let's call this Keith Man and tell him to bend to science. Thank you, Jay Date, I never did wrong. Here we go. Not a lot of options. I mean, you've got to try everything. So here we go.
Speaker 6: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hey, is this Keith?
Speaker 6: Yes, it is.
Speaker 1: My name is Jeff I work on a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Than Keith the whole shows here, good morning.
Speaker 6: Oh hello he man.
Speaker 1: Sorry to surprise you with this, but we're doing a segment it's called a second date Update. We were asked to reach out to you by somebody that you know very well. Yeah, you met this person, Well, we met this person recently at a compatibility party at an art gallery you know your you know your.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah okay.
Speaker 2: Okay said that with a smile on your face. I like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so we did reconnect recently. What do you need from me?
Speaker 1: Well, what we would like to get from you is a little bit of information on how that night went from your perspective, Like.
Speaker 2: Was it fun We're excited.
Speaker 6: I mean, you know, it was a kind of weird night, but it was also funny at the same time. There are a couple hundred people in there, and one of the chances that I would like mate with my eggs.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, that's why it could be a good sign, you know all the people. Some call it science that brought.
Speaker 2: You to Like what were you feeling when she walked up to you?
Speaker 6: I'm a surprised honestly. I mean it was you know, it was good to see her.
Speaker 1: Right now, So I'll tell you this, Keith. We spoke with Sheila and she was just as surprised as you were that the connection even happened. But she felt like there was gonna be another meet up afterwards and feels like you're not really in that same boat.
Speaker 2: Is she reading that right?
Speaker 6: Uh? Yeah? Did she happen to share why we broke up to begin with?
Speaker 2: Honestly, no, I mean I couldn't remember right what happened? Why did you guys break up?
Speaker 7: I mean, so it wasn't bad, you know, like It wasn't a bad relationship. We dated for like six months, but when we started dating, all of my pets ran away at one You.
Speaker 2: Say pets like animals at once, like one height?
Speaker 1: How many pets? They all?
Speaker 3: Just like?
Speaker 6: I have three pets. I have two cats and one dog. Okay. And every time she came around, they went running for the door.
Speaker 1: Oh, even the goldfish jumped out.
Speaker 2: Come on, she's That is weird.
Speaker 1: They avoided her.
Speaker 2: They all didn't like her.
Speaker 7: You know, something like that happens once, that's twice. Okay, maybe it's a coincidence, but like every time all three pets, What if it's her.
Speaker 1: Smell or something.
Speaker 2: Wait, do you still have the pets?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah I still have them. I got them back.
Speaker 1: Okay. But you're saying that you and Sheila had a connection. You had a good time with her, but your pets are just deathly afraid of her and need to get out of the room every time she's near.
Speaker 2: I don't think you said deathly afraid.
Speaker 1: I'm just reading the.
Speaker 4: Yeah, every stronger bolts on the door, and that's why you broke up with her.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know you have to listen to your pets.
Speaker 1: Pet you know your point two were, like, you see one random dog and they don't like it. That's one thing. But when all the animals around kind.
Speaker 4: Of happened, maybe maybe the animals were just jealous. Right, It's not that they didn't like Sheila, It's just that they loved you so much.
Speaker 2: They were jealous of the new woman.
Speaker 1: So they had to sprint away. But you know, we could speculate all day about this, but really the only person who can help us finally tie a bow on this is to get Sheila on the phone talking to you because I put a.
Speaker 2: Collar on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the electrified shot collar, because Sheila is there wanting to talk to you, Keith. Sheila.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I didn't even remember that was the reason we break up. Are you seriously blaming me for the animals leave it?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 7: It's no, I'm not blaming you.
Speaker 5: Think that I'm next to that.
Speaker 6: Really, I'm sorry, I am instincts matter. I had to kind of well.
Speaker 5: Maybe they were running away from you because you weren't feeding them properly and they were trying to leave with me.
Speaker 6: The ban would leave when you came, So I don't think that was it. I mean, I don't know it would have been like your sin or maybe you had a specific dogs with.
Speaker 5: Little They had nothing to do with me. But besides that, like, what about the compatibility that we had, we had it was like ninety eight point five per competitive point.
Speaker 2: Science says yes. Nature said no.
Speaker 1: She's talking about the algorithm that brought you two together at the.
Speaker 5: At the party, like it said that we were we were a match.
Speaker 1: What do you say to that, Keith, Yeah, ninety eight.
Speaker 6: And a half we were good.
Speaker 7: But there's another one and a half where my pets were running.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but what if it's been three years, what if the animals changed their mind they're a little older.
Speaker 2: Maybe that was quick.
Speaker 1: Now, wisers, are you going to choose your eight year old calico over a full grown woman?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 2: I think most people would.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean that people would always choose their pets over Okay, maybe I would.
Speaker 1: Choose the human personally, But if you would choose bets over for people, I don't know someone that wants to meet crazy, I don't know. Maybe that's not important to Keith.
Speaker 8: I had a lot of fun with you, and you know, it's not like you were like mean them up pets or anything like that. You're really always kind, but I just have to go with what the pets are doing.
Speaker 1: That's official. No, because of a vibe. Well I didn't. I never asked officially because I would like to offer to send the two of you out on another date. We would pay for it.
Speaker 2: How many times does this man say?
Speaker 6: So many dates?
Speaker 1: Jeff, I don't need to know. I'll ask all five of you, Keith, Shila, your two cats, your dog, all of you can get together.
Speaker 2: Cubury is where you can bring your animal. Those caf usually do well in those environments.
Speaker 1: No, we're going to do it on a party bush, nice little confined space so they can't get out over stimulation.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 2: What do you think, dog owner?
Speaker 1: What I get rid of him in a heartbeat? For love? What do you have to say?
Speaker 3: I love to but it just really sounds like animal cruelty.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, okay, something science can't explain, apparently, Sheila. I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm perfectly fine with how it ended, and I'm now remembering the feeling of relief I had when we broke up.
Speaker 1: And now we're gonna have to donate our gift cards to the cheesecake factory to the local animal shelter. They are technically allergic to everything. But you know what, well, let's science deal with that.
Speaker 4: It's brooking Jeffrey in the Morning's brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: You know what, we may not have found love for Sheila, but I think maybe we actually found a great business idea for her. What's up Sheila's pest control?
Speaker 2: Oh because the animals, all the.
Speaker 1: Rats immediately sprint away. Yeah, so we go to her because she's that weird energy.
Speaker 2: I think the opposite for her. I think she needs to walk around with catnip and dog treats in a podcast. Yeah, so no other man leaves her because of his animal. This happens to her in public.
Speaker 1: I do feel like we failed her on this call, but I do hope she hears this because we have some really good ideas.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, make sure to follow us on our socials at Brook and Jeffrey. We have all of our second date updates on YouTube and where else do we have them?
Speaker 2: Any podcasts? Spotify dot com?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, that one. They were everywhere And you can reach out to us if you want to get yourself onto a second date. We'll call that person who's not calling you back