Speaker 1: Farrell had a knee, no a cl no m c O. But I'll figure out exactly what it is tomorrow. Uh. Taylor Hawkins there at the end had a wrist and that was it from the game.
Speaker 2: We talked about through the week and how much of this game is you just holding your breath, not wanting to see somebody go.
Speaker 1: Down the whole game. Yeah, you know you want to get a win, but you also want to make sure that and I was unfortunate to have that with Klee. Mostly everything else went pretty clean.
Speaker 3: Though there's a chance he could could miss a game.
Speaker 1: Ah, Yes, there's a chance.
Speaker 2: Going to the playoffs.
Speaker 3: How concerned are you with Chap misses today?
Speaker 1: I mean, it's never good when you miss him. I'm especially having two like that and the extra point, and I think it was his first one inside the forty maybe all year. But you know, but he's had a hell of a year. He's done a hell of a job up to this point and just had a rough day to day.
Speaker 2: Would you see bringing in somebody on a practice squad or just having somebody else on hand.
Speaker 1: No, he's been great all year and I know he was rough on those two today, but no, we're good with Jake. What did you think of Sam Donald today? I thought Sam did some real good things, made a number of plays that kept us out there. He did a great job scrambling. It's awesome on his sneaks the quarterback draw. Then he moved to the chains one other time with his legs, made some big throws. I know that last play was unfortunate, just stepping up in the pocket there and those guys coming from behind him with the fumble. But I was happy with Sam today.
Speaker 2: What are you seeing with Beale? He had seemed like he.
Speaker 1: Had a nice day to day. Yes, I was glad to get a lot of guys some more playing time today. You know, he's been great since he came back from my R. He's getting better and better each week, and today was good for him. I'm excited to watch the tape and see exactly how he did. But it seemed like he did some good things. I love you guys like Trent and Osa those kids.
Speaker 2: Did you have a set number of plays you wanted to get in or was it a series like how did.
Speaker 3: You kind of No?
Speaker 1: I mean I told Trent and Nick, you know we're trying to go around ten to fifteen. You know, it was perfect with that opening play drive. I mean the opening drive being about ten plays, so that was great for Trent, and it was weird with the defense. You know, I felt like, you know, they had that opening eleven play drive and then I think we got to pick on the first play. There was only like twelve plays until on the very end of the two minute when they're trying to get Pook of the ball. But once some time went, I mean I got got them out there at the end of the second quarter and no one came back after half. What was your message in the locker room in terms of maybe switching into the playoff mindset now, I mean kind of. I mean that's really what we talked about all week, having that playoff mindset, no on to the level that we have to play at coming in a couple of weeks. And that's why it was so important for us to get a lot out of this week. You know, we had to practice that way. We talked about it a lot last night at our team meeting and set the schedule for the week and guys are gonna have tomorrow off, but we'll come here Tuesday treated like a day after game. On Tuesday and keep going. You practice hard this week? Yeah, well we'll have two days. We practiced real hard. We'll probably have one day we just do like a key a team conditioning thing, not much football, but we'll have two days. We practiced real hard.
Speaker 2: Kittle and Greenlaw were pregame scratches were concerned with that injury.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, I bet you. I mean they definitely were trying to go. But Kittle's having some backspasms some once that was happening in pregame. We shut him down. And Drey had some achilles tendonitis, so that was acting up a little bit more before the game than we had heard about it. And once we heard that we were safe for them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely, anything beneficial at all about playing the Rams in case they're your first round opponent, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: But yeah, they got us ready for that, so hopefully that we got better at that for today. How were you that McVeigh went for two?
Speaker 3: Did you guys?
Speaker 1: Did you guys talk at all before the game any gentleman's agreement on that? No, I mean we both and we talked. We both knew what this game was for both of us, but I mean we both know we want to win, but first thing is trying to keep our players safe. And I was just told we were just trying our butts off to keep them from getting one more yard and one more completion of Puka so he could play in the whole game. So that's us. Yeah, we were trying to Our goal is to just keep him going the whole game. But we knew it was gonna be tough. We only need one more catch and one more yard, but we tried our hardest.
Speaker 2: If someone did that to you, you know you're going for a number, and someone did that to your guy.
Speaker 1: No, I'd expect it, and that's why we'd throw to someone else. Opened But I was hoping they were gonna do that, but I think they wanted to get him out pretty fast, and I'm just glad he had to come in the third. It was small, small, small victory.
Speaker 3: So you're trying to tire amount? Is that?
Speaker 1: What's that? Not tire mount? Just I want them to go through the stress that we're going through. You don't want to get anyone hurt. I mean, those aren't that the most fun games for us. You gotta do it, and but you know what, I don't think we're gonna talk much about it next week, so we're gonna talk about what players are available for this game and things like that. So I'm I mean, I'm trying not to be really upset how it ended personally, but I also got to keep it in perspective and make sure that we're ready for what matters going here forward.
Speaker 2: You are right into the playoffs, is your general assessment the way this right season win and how you feel about your team.
Speaker 1: I mean, our goal was to get the number one seed. That was our first and foremost goal. We did. It was just a little bit weird this last week, but I like how our guys handle it. I loved how our year went. I mean, we set out to do this, and I was real happy with a number of guys. I thought guy's got better throughout the year. But as our players have been saying, we still feel our best football's forward, and that's kind of tough to generate when you're not going through these games. But that's why we've got to be so locked into these practices and just how we clean things up and make sure no matter what happens, no matter who comes here in a couple of weeks and no matter what type of game it is, whether it's a shootout, game of field goals, whatever it is, that we're up for whatever it takes to win it, regardless of the circumstances. Is particularly annoying to lose to the sho No, I'm all right. I mean it's annoying to lose to everybody. I mean, you know, it's a little bit more when it's your rivals and or when it's someone in your division, and it's always a little bit more when you know people. But it's not just him. There's a bunch of people on this stuff, I know, so at all. They all annoy me. Any thought to giving Brandon Allen some run, not really, I mean we talked about it a little possibly, but the way that game was going and stuff, I thought it would have been a little bit unfair to Sam and loved how we battled and got that experience, been waiting for that all year and but now, and we talked about four the game, but it just didn't play out that way. I mean, I really, you know, we only really had two drives in the second half till there was about those to the four minutes until we had that three and out, So just weren't that many plays you.
Speaker 3: Advanced out at all this week coming up? Or do you just wait until you find out who you play because you have to you're not you can't play Detroit, you can't play Dallas, but any of.
Speaker 1: The other four you could. Yeah, we'll dabble in it all. I mean, we got to do something with that when we'll go crazy as coaches. But you know, hopefully we'll find out by Sunday. I don't starting to hit me that. I don't think we can officially find out till maybe Monday, because I know there's a Monday, there's Monday night games, so that'll be a little bit different. Haven't gone through that. So we'll definitely plan for all the possibilities and have be halfway in on a bunch and as soon as we get told then we'll be one hundred percent it all right, guys, see that