Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys This is Mick shot streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Apt now Here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humoler, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: Dallas Cowboy.
Speaker 4: Team ah Yes, music to my ears, The go team of the Senior Bowl, the Cowboys stampeding to yet another victory over the New York Football Giants, the go team of the NFL.
Speaker 5: Hey, they did what they wanted them to do.
Speaker 6: What did they do? Well?
Speaker 3: We thought it was real funny when Nate predicted the score in your Place, Yeah to be one hundred to nothing.
Speaker 6: I love it. And they were on track.
Speaker 3: And when it was twenty eight to nothing, I could only laugh.
Speaker 6: Well, you think about it, they were on track. It was the first six quarters of this season. Against the Giants, it was sixty eight to nothing.
Speaker 5: Man, So if they just.
Speaker 6: Keep on keeping on, they were getting close to one hundred and nothing.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's what I said. Wow.
Speaker 5: And they got off to a slow start, Yeah.
Speaker 3: A fast start they used to get in the end zone. Came three inch.
Speaker 7: Of This is gonna be an evolving topic. Geez us in the red zone.
Speaker 6: The one hitted catch by CD on the first drive of the game they did not result in points, was a precursor of things to come. The Cowboys could beat that Giants team with one hand behind them.
Speaker 8: Quite literally.
Speaker 7: We don't have to see them anymore this year, so let's just be cocky as here.
Speaker 8: With the Giants, New.
Speaker 3: York Giants with New York that in UH the head referee from Lubbock, Texas Rodgers giving My wife said how do.
Speaker 5: You know that?
Speaker 6: Because he did a preseason game and it's my job to look up though where these referees are, right, Yeah, go ahead, yeah, after she's from Loubock, So that's why that's why I said. This referee here, he's from Homeboys go aheadey.
Speaker 3: After UH, Rogers gave the coin to former President Bush to flip it without asking the Giants what they wanted to call. They flipped. Then he picked it up and he goes, oh, you didn't give me a year. You didn't ask for it. You didn't ask for it. President Bush got to do it again.
Speaker 6: Only only that's funny, And things went downhill from there for the Giants. Right, Well, where do you start.
Speaker 3: I'm going to put it this way. And I know we've got these lists here of all these firsts and mosts and everything the Cowboys accomplished. But to me, and I had said on Friday that their mission now is to win four straight games to get to nine and three when the Eagles come into town on December tenth, and this was the first step, and against the team that was playing a third string quarter back who had not started, a rookie named Tommy DeVito, that this is what you should do to a team like that, and they did what they were supposed to do.
Speaker 6: Well. It wasn't Tommy DeVito's fault.
Speaker 3: No I'm saying, but he was playing. Well, here's the worst part. So the first half, they didn't want him throwing the ball, right, they were going to run, run, right.
Speaker 5: We talked about that.
Speaker 3: Right, and they tried. And you know what, at halftime they had eleven yards rushing. And this was a team and they went backwards from there on.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Quarter and this was a team that in seven of nine games rushed for one hundred yards. Now they ended up with one hundred yards. But at twenty eight to nothing, they had eleven and that and the Cowboys this was their military appreciation game and they honored sixteen Metal of Honor winners, So there were more Medal of Honor winners out at halftime than the Giants had rushing yards. If you want to look at it that way, that's that's how dominating it was.
Speaker 6: But the passing yards weren't much better.
Speaker 3: No, no, Well and Barkley. The leading rusher at halftime for the Giants was Tommy da Vita. Wow, he had seven. Barkley had won.
Speaker 7: And then you could tell he was getting a little frustrated da Vito because after one scramble he just kind of like got up, like, you guys, are no weather.
Speaker 5: Close to open down the field.
Speaker 3: They weren't open, and he was getting sad.
Speaker 7: And yeah, they're way too close to me back here. So yeah, yeah, he seemed very frustrated. Well, I think he knew that that was the shape of things to come.
Speaker 3: I think their biggest play of the game was his. Was it a forty one yard run?
Speaker 6: He wound up with forty one yards rushing.
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, that's where I had the forty one he rushed. He ran for a nineteen yard run Barkley ended up with a twenty one yard run. So yeah, it was quite dominating. But again, I thought the Cowboys kept it in perspective. It's like, we got to just worry about ourselves and get better and not worry about the opponent, the opponent's record, who they don't have playing, who they do have playing at quarterback. And I'm paraphrasing or you know, and even McCarthy pointed out, this is why the NFL is so tough, because you have injuries, you got to play through them and it's hard.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's been on that side right of the coin. And I like the game because as we started to pull away, we start to work on things that we need to work on. You know, we started getting the ball to people who okay, it's your time, now are you ready, Let's see what you got.
Speaker 9: You was on the team.
Speaker 8: Yeah, his first NFL first down, first NFL.
Speaker 3: Catch, catching yards.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was great.
Speaker 7: And watching you know, Cooks. Everybody talked about getting Cooks involved. I think we talked about that last week and they did.
Speaker 3: Hello, I'm here there you go one hundred and seventy three yards.
Speaker 7: I mean, in good fashion. It wasn't just you know. Oh by the way stuff, I mean, he was pretty dynamic in his routes even after the catch. He did some things that I could see him taking advantage of in the future as well.
Speaker 8: And another thing we talked about last week was weodoubtle right and having him be that physical powerhouse, and he was yesterday. He just was running through the Giants defense and so see that was fun to see. And honestly, I was thinking of Natan first hours like heats over and over and.
Speaker 3: Go down carries for seventy nine and those were hard and a touchdown. Yeah, so he and those were all career highs for him.
Speaker 7: By the way, I thought he should have been the one to take the fourth down.
Speaker 5: I thought the first fourth down, right, Yeah, I don't think I agree.
Speaker 3: It seemed like they felt obligated to put Pollard back in there, That's.
Speaker 7: Right, And you know I think, I mean, let's be real, they knew that there was it wouldn't be a if things win their hands, which it was, it wouldn't be a game to a that was gonna be some game changing mistake, right if we if Pilot doesn't make it. I think he felt very confident that his defense was going to do just what they did, smother them. Okay, we'll stay down here. We'll be down here for a while because they're gonna smother you on your offense.
Speaker 3: And I'm not saying they, you know, can't they mismarked the fourth down run or the third down run. But I still don't understand why other than come up with a better method on the goal line to figure if the ball I'll hit the goal or not. Because they can't see. They can't see. It's just that simple tech shram back in nineteen eighty nine wanted to put a chip in the ball and to do some laser thing on the goal was his thinking was ahead of our technology.
Speaker 7: It works for me and my car. I got this chief op here. I mean it works there. I can't work on anything.
Speaker 5: Why not?
Speaker 3: But anyway it.
Speaker 6: Could work on my truck if my check engine life still on. And they say it's because of the chip, it's oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Wow, it's coming over from overseas. It's on some.
Speaker 6: Cargo's right, so it's not foolproof on the Rico Dawdle and Tony Pollard. What I'm hoping is now going forward, now that we've established that Rico can do this, Okay, that maybe can take the Zeke roll and Pollard can be in the Pollard role.
Speaker 3: I think maybe they're working where it's to.
Speaker 6: That where there. Yeah, we can call Tony still the lead back, but there are things that Tony Pollard does that they want to free him up to be able to do those things.
Speaker 7: He can still start, Tony, yeah, but dot will be the change of pacing.
Speaker 5: Still start.
Speaker 6: It is interesting. I think it was on the Fox broadcast. They were talking Rico seems like the one that has some extra juice. They would saying about Pollard for four or five years, something about the back. It's like the backup quarterback. If you if you're on a bad team, the backup quarterback is always the most popular guy in town, right, and now the backup running backs the most popular guy in town.
Speaker 8: And had some really good runs. He had some powerful runs against against the defense.
Speaker 6: When you're the guy that has to be the guy that runs between the tackles, you you average four yards of carrying instead of five and a half yards, Jack exactly, or four and a half yards of carry instead of five.
Speaker 5: Ranco ran so angry well.
Speaker 3: And the one thing I noticed that and it was in that first drive. It was second and seven at the twenty five and they threw that pitch out left to Doddle and he hesitated and cut back in, and I was thinking, see Pollard seems to be in a hurry too many times to hit the line. And he hesitated and got his block and moved back in. Yeah, and I don't know how many yards he went, but yeah, it was it was.
Speaker 6: Which player you're talking In the first drive of the game, he went twenty yards.
Speaker 3: Twenty yards, right, Yeah, that's right. I put twenty one and I scratched it. It looked like twenty nine. Yeah, twenty yard run. And it was good because he he wasn't in a hurry, and I said, Okay, let's keep him going.
Speaker 6: And let's keep this good thing going. And when you look at the schedule that there's a real good chance this good thing will keep going.
Speaker 3: And that's the next step on my four game mission. Carolina one and eight and backup quarterback.
Speaker 6: Probably right, so not the I know the former Giant over here doesn't want me ragging on the Giants, but do you think they might have the worst team in the league right now?
Speaker 3: They were pretty bad.
Speaker 6: She's talking to his Giants friends from the phone.
Speaker 7: Right now, I'm actually looking at this schedule and trying to see who is worse than the Giants, if anyone is it.
Speaker 6: But they keep in mind that Carolina Panthers just two weeks ago beat the Houston Texans, and all of a sudden, the last two weeks, the Houston Texans are one of the.
Speaker 7: Well Noah Brown, I mean, this guy's like lighting it up. He's CD now.
Speaker 6: From the past two Carolina won a fifteen to thirteen game over Houston a couple of weeks ago, and the both teams it was at Carolina and both teams were coming off of bye. And then Houston last week has their they rally in the final minutes to win, okay, in the last play of the game, basically CJ Stroud And then what do they do on again Cincinnati this week? Same thing if they don't have those last minute drives. We're talking about Houston instead of being what are they five and four? Now they go six and four. If they don't have those drives, they are you reverse that record, they're four and six.
Speaker 3: You know, the fight for the lead in that division.
Speaker 6: They're close to it. I don't have it in front of me right now. But well, Jacksonville had a five game win streak. But and there's another couple of teams that were coming off of bye and San Francisco had lost three in a row, Jacksonville had won five in a row going into their bye week, and you just knew San Francisco, even though they were playing at Jacksonville, was going to wipe them off the field, in which they did because and a lot of it has to do with how they were playing going into the bye and the extra motivation those players have coming out of it.
Speaker 3: Well, the little I saw of Carolina's game, they can't protect Bryce Young.
Speaker 6: That's that's the issue, right, same missue the Giants have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then they lost Neil early in the game, right, But that doesn't it.
Speaker 6: When they lost Andrew, the Giants lost Andrew toms Ivan. Neil wasn't playing because he was right, And those are their two first round draft pick tackles.
Speaker 3: And so Houston's five and four, five and four, Yes, okay, that's a surprising five, and right it is, but again, you gotta play.
Speaker 6: And if they didn't have the rallies here, the last couple of weeks they'd be three and six and we wouldn't even be talking about them. But but again looking ahead to Carolina, they they have shown signs of being capable in the last couple of weeks. Because of that, well.
Speaker 7: Any time that the team cannot protect their quarterback, they are in trouble with us. If whatever problems they're having, if they can't protect the quarterback, that is where we feast there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, our defense is coming for the quarterback. Scked how many times? And it was just you know, they just let it happen.
Speaker 3: Well, it was five times, five times, and they came out the second half saying, okay, we're gonna have to throw the ball because.
Speaker 5: And what happened one first down.
Speaker 3: First and Lawrence sacked him back to back place, poor guys facing Uh was it second? He had second and seventeen third and twenty six.
Speaker 6: What was the most amazing thing though, you saw in the Cowboys box score, Well, defense or defense, there was a lot.
Speaker 5: Well, we had like twenty first downs to their one.
Speaker 6: At one point in the game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, and that.
Speaker 3: Was they were for twelve on third down. I would say six hundred and forty yards total.
Speaker 6: Off which was the second most in Cowboys history, right, and the most back in nineteen sixty six, and Dandy Don Meredith.
Speaker 3: And somebody somebody figured out the discrepancy between six forty and one seventy two was the most in forty four years.
Speaker 6: It was yeah, yes, yeah at one point. And then the Giants had that last drive which cut down on whatever the discrepancy was. Yeah, Well they got different on the last drive of the game.
Speaker 5: So that's the.
Speaker 6: Second most amount of yours, the second biggest differential between yardage for two teams. And that's going back all times, I mean basically since yeah, it.
Speaker 5: Went back to the fourties.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but the go ahead. The most amazing thing on the box score is that Michael Parsons name does not appear.
Speaker 5: Is that crazy?
Speaker 3: He got zeroed out?
Speaker 6: Uh so your team wins forty nine to seven teams. That doesn't mean that he didn't impact the game at all, But he just didn't impact the statistics.
Speaker 5: Of the game. He just went by the quarterback boom.
Speaker 6: I feel for bryceon.
Speaker 7: That's what he's just pass by boom up into danger.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Jordan's armstrong else you get on.
Speaker 6: That's one thing Bryce Young does not want to see that Parsons was shut out of the box score last week. Well, and the other thing, he ain't gonna be shut out this week.
Speaker 3: If you noticed that they started Evans at linebacker almost yes, and he had a game he had had twenty eight twenty eight snaps of the of the snaps.
Speaker 6: And you know why that happened because Belle was on the injury list this week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but not only that, they thought we got to be strong against the runs, so we're gonna I mean, you know what, at.
Speaker 6: Over Marquis was pretty strong against the run.
Speaker 3: To me, they were playing a five man defensive front. He had five defensive linemen up there in one linebacker and majority of that was Parsons and they weren't getting by the five very much.
Speaker 5: Evans what was his numbous.
Speaker 3: Evans had two tackles, I.
Speaker 6: Believe, but the leading tackler on the team had four.
Speaker 3: And that was that.
Speaker 6: Just the Giants offense was. They don't run very like.
Speaker 5: Everyone was making the tackle. I mean double plays. I can tell who made the tap. You could pick any any of five people.
Speaker 3: Another appearance from nowhere, Misley Smith had eleven three tackles, two in the row, two in a row. He was great, Yeah, maybe they got something here. Just take some time sometime. For a time, I.
Speaker 7: Must have been I was kind of dogging him at the time that he made his two tackles. I was sitting there talking to my buddy like this guy man know his name, Like, yeah, what about that guy?
Speaker 5: I don't know?
Speaker 6: But they go, all right, we're just getting started on a Monday edition of Mick Shatson. We will be back in just a moment.
Speaker 9: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: And they snapped the press out. Who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left. He'll one for a punchtown.
Speaker 9: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 10: Prescott's gonna run this show, run it up the middle any stores.
Speaker 9: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 5: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 9: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 11: You know that sound anywhere? It's the crisp Crunch. The first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of fool pepsi. Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 6: That's what I like.
Speaker 12: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 13: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks? A kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday Morning Swager Brisket and the Smoker, Miller Lite and the Clue, America's team playing America's Greatest School. Miller Lyte, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football tastes like Miller Time Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three.
Speaker 9: Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas, Demitt.
Speaker 8: Shuts Kpostproofing and Waterproofing, the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Did you hear me kill it? Last week?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 8: I did listen on Friday on my drive and you did great, except I will know, I know that Chris did not cue you like he accused me.
Speaker 5: I was so so hurt. I thought it was personally.
Speaker 6: Did ever say ever since say something? Shouldn't have said no?
Speaker 5: What did say my name?
Speaker 7: He didn say like go ever since He's like go go.
Speaker 8: But you did great, And I feel like you're gonna have to continue to do that the rest of.
Speaker 5: This week, right because I'll take care of it too much.
Speaker 6: Savannah is out the rest of the week.
Speaker 3: How was that wonderful drive through Louisiana? And actually was not good?
Speaker 6: Bad?
Speaker 8: I didn't get to stop at the cafe you recommend it. I was I was hauling through, but I made it very daytime, daytime, daytime, and then.
Speaker 7: It's good daytime driving, right Louisianna's not a good nighttime drive.
Speaker 8: Well, then yesterday morning, since we had the game yesterday, I drove from Lafayette at four thirty in the morning straight to a T and T stadium.
Speaker 3: Finding pretty good soldier.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was how long?
Speaker 8: Five hours?
Speaker 5: Been there? Been there, done that.
Speaker 8: We made it through. We made it through, and the win made it all worth it.
Speaker 3: You know, it didn't make it bad way to go it does. It's like you're driving, Did you get your prediction right? What was actually?
Speaker 6: We had predicted the Cowboys?
Speaker 8: I had Donovan Wilson for my click to pick, but my score was thirty five to ten, oh wo.
Speaker 3: Closer than anybody except well, no, that was that was my score too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, mine was what thirty to fourteen, I.
Speaker 3: Think, and Bill came in at nineteen to three.
Speaker 6: Because I went back through history, we know, we know, back through history. I was looking for a late December Cowboys win in a season that ended in a three over the Gis because in honor of Tommy oh Wanta night late December back in two thousand and three Cowboys beat the Giants nineteen to three, and so that's what I went with.
Speaker 3: Bill actually had Ferguson had a touchdown.
Speaker 6: I took the easy, easy way out there.
Speaker 3: Vana had Donovan Wilson. I had Doron Bland. Oh no, I ever since took Bland. So I took dimone Clark, Yeah, he got.
Speaker 6: It's almost Bland having a pick is almost like Jake Ferguson having a touchdown. That's it's such an easy pick.
Speaker 3: All right. Although Nate was close at one hundred and nothing, he was adamant did he have a pic to click?
Speaker 8: I thought it was de Marcus Lawrence? Am I wrong?
Speaker 5: I did know what I.
Speaker 3: Just wrote on nothing. We just got from so he was doing. They were doing their postgame wrap up outside the locker room, and I was walking by. I was headed back up to the press box, and I wrote on my thing one hundred to nothing. Tried to distract.
Speaker 6: It's fun stuff. It isn't much much more fun when they win one hundred nothing.
Speaker 3: And by the way, another guy put his hand up in the air and said, I'm here Michael Gallop. He needed that many and that was a Michael Gallup touchdown Michael Gallup.
Speaker 5: They were talking.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was only two catches, but it was too.
Speaker 6: One of them was in the end zone.
Speaker 3: So here's the deal. And it sounded like what the Giants were doing is they were going to play man on the Cowboys receivers. And it's like, say what you got somebody that because they had a door Jackson, I don't know how he was out right and what do you what are you thinking about? And then Banks got hurt.
Speaker 6: I believe, first round draft pick.
Speaker 3: He didn't come back.
Speaker 6: I don't believe. And they were they were traveling him with CD early in the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so they didn't. They didn't. You know, they tried at times doubling CD, but the most of the time Cook was in man coverage. He was in man coverage doing those crossing routes all the way, and he's just burning them left and right.
Speaker 6: There were on some of those Chuldar replays on one of the crossing routes and there were like three different receivers that that could have thrown it to.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know that were open.
Speaker 7: Well, one thing that you saw and I wish they had found this out early. I don't know what they were thinking. But if you want someone like Cook or CD to get off, you need to put them in the slot or move them right. It's much more harder to jam a receiver, even that one half a step off the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 5: It makes all the difference in the world. If I'm lined up.
Speaker 7: Close to guy this the line of scrimmage, you know the dbs, we have our heads like almost off sides. The receiver's trying to be as close seak anti line scrimmage. That's an easy jam. I mean, you're right there. If you miss him there, you shouldn't be on the field. But if you step them off for half a step, he has room to really gain the leverage on you. And that seems to be They're gonna target the receivers that are either moving or off the line of scrimmage versus press right because that gives them That gives our receivers a chance to get a clean get off as opposed to being re routed somewhere you don't want to go.
Speaker 3: And then they tried playing zone and that didn't work.
Speaker 7: Now you got nobody in front of us, now right, Yeah, wide receivers got free release, and so they.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they made them pay you. But that's good going forward. That team's gonna say, oh, this Cook's guy, he might still have something.
Speaker 5: And then that'll and that'll leave Gallop open man's man.
Speaker 3: And they actually, if I had this right, they started Tobert in place of Gallop. You know, I think he had Did he have a catcher to.
Speaker 5: Catch right? Yeah?
Speaker 3: For two yards? He must have had one for a loss when they tried that smoke screen, But yeah, they used them liberally. Got Deuce Vaughn in the game, returning punts, had a eleven yard er broken tackle. Turpin was out. My understanding is he was close to playing, but since he didn't practice all week, they thought it was best at the wait till next week.
Speaker 6: So I think is it ribs from last week or his shoulders? It looked like a shoulder when he got hurt, and then I thought they said during the week something about ribs. Maybe that's where I got it. I got it from ever Soon, But which I think it tells you a lot about him a week ago. Yes, because the play that he got hurt and then he came he remained in the game and caught a touchdown pass after it. That just shows his toughness.
Speaker 3: Not right, and then Vandersh is eligible to come off. I think they're still looking at some things there.
Speaker 6: Plus do you got three games in twelve days again now coming up?
Speaker 3: There's no sense right because he's not going to be able to practice much because they'll go light this week in.
Speaker 6: They may have a padded practice on Thursday the next week. Yeah, so probably the next two weeks.
Speaker 3: We'll see what happens there. I also heard that, well, let's go pretty close to starting his three week ramp up off of I r and who was the other one?
Speaker 5: Oh, and.
Speaker 3: Mike mentioned something during the press conference. I can't remember if it was Friday on the conference call or Thursday, something about steel. They had to look into something. I've found out that he has been nursing something, not enough to keep him off the field, but enough to hamper his ability to push off to the left. So it must be his right knee that he had fixed.
Speaker 6: Maybe.
Speaker 3: And I remember both sacks last week he got beat inside, but he didn't get beat this guy.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say, he looked good to me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he looked good to me, you know, if memory serves me right, No matter what the sport is, over the course of time. If a guy seems to be underperforming, then what your expectations are. Usually he's nursing something, right.
Speaker 5: And he doesn't want to say anything.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's not enough to be on an injury report, but there are so many things opposition to it's not enough to keep him out of practice even you know, and the only reason you're on an injury report is you you're out of practice whatever. You know, right, it's not enough, But it's bumps, it's bruises, it's whatever. But it does limit your ability to play, and you just play through it, fight through it, and then in a week or two it's better and and all's good again.
Speaker 3: But to his credit, Savannah, we saw it. He faced the music on Thursday, right in the locker room, right stood there and answered questions for a good five six, seven minutes.
Speaker 7: So, uh, the guys, their defensive line, I can't recall what we What was the report on them?
Speaker 5: Were they pretty good? Did they have a lot of injuries? Were they backups?
Speaker 3: Well, they lost Sibido in the game. I think it was a concussion.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they played the whole first half.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he played. And somebody said something about, well he got hurt and I said, oh, I didn't even know he was in the game because they announced he wasn't coming back. And I said, I didn't know he came in right, Uh, so they somebody neutralized him. Uh and Lawrence and Robinson really, I mean.
Speaker 6: Dexter Lawrence is their guy up front. I mean, and he is a beast ninety seven he is. I mean, he did call some problem yes right early on. Then the fire left everyone's belly.
Speaker 5: And blue, and they they.
Speaker 6: Were missing Azizo Jalari as their other edge rusher. He's been out for a while and he was actually active for this game. He's another one that's been hurt. I mean, when they put their master game plan together for this season, they thought they had two really good edge rushers in Keevon Thibodeaux, who was a top five pick last year, and he o'clari who's a former Georgia guy who has has had decent seasons in the past, but he's been bothered by injuries all year. Plus, they had Dexter Lawrence and Lawrence Williams Lennard Williams in the middle, and they traded away Leonard Williams. They traded away to Seattle at the trade deadline, and so now they're Jlari hasn't been there, Leondard Williams has been traded away. Thibodeaux in the second half after the game is out of hand, was out. But he had eight and a half sacks this season. They only have fifteen sacks as a team, and hey has eight and a half of them. So that shit tells you where they are defensively. And then when you arn as you know, if you're not pressuring the quarterback, you know we do need and yeah, your secondary is going to be exposed.
Speaker 7: I just want to know if you know, we can hang a hat on at least blocking some starters they're playing them, you know, playing against in the way we've been playing. I was wonder if they had a lot of backups on the team as far as linebackers are concerned as well, you know, because because they really did finally reach their stride.
Speaker 6: Is a really good player linebacker he had he had eleven tackles fifty eight Bobbio Carike.
Speaker 5: That's the father was saying.
Speaker 7: I mean, we found our stride as far as running the ball this game, and I want to be able to say, hey, this is at least a decent front seven that we were blocking. I want to be able to say that, you know, I don't want to I don't want to go off saying that. And as a well, you know, they had three offensive linemen that missed the game like we had against Arizona.
Speaker 3: So that I want to hang my hat on that, Well, you can hang your hat on one hundred and forty yards.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 6: In the last and last week, the Giants played the Raiders and got beat thirty to six, and we're just lifeless in that game. There was another game the Raiders got up on them, and then.
Speaker 3: You know, and that's why I think he hephasize that last drive to try to score that touchdown. That was like practice for Oh yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean I didn't blame him at all for I know, but I wanted to get and I didn't blame McCarthy.
Speaker 5: Oh well.
Speaker 6: In fact, on the TV broadcast they were talking they wanted to make sure they got McCarthy and Dable when they shook hands at the end of the game. Make sure that there's no animosity there like there was gonna be some one of them had a problem with the other. I thought, no, not at all.
Speaker 3: But they were.
Speaker 6: Alluding to it because of how the end of the game. You know, the Cowboys were throwing the ball late in the game with Cooper rushing at quarterback, and so then the Giants come down. But just to your point, they've got a rookie, undrafted quarterback that needs as many reps as possible, and so you're gonna call time out. You're gonna that's a two minute drill that he needs work on. This is the first time he's ever practiced this past week, right, okay, And then from the Cowboys standpoint, there was a great opportunity for Cooper, Rush, Michael Gallup, all these guys to get involved and instead of just handing the ball off the deuce, which does nobody any good, you know, hurt. Yeah, right where you're handing in the past early in the season, it's just you hand off the ball to deuce and everybody knows it's going to Douce and he gets tackled for a yard loss.
Speaker 3: Well, they got to play a lot of guys some defense, and then the offensive line Hoffman, Bass and Tuma were there in the fourth quarter, and they got to get those guys some work. And he mentioned after the game. One of the benefits of getting a lead like that that you don't really don't have is you work these young guys that we're going to have to use. He mentioned that down the line, we got to play these guys.
Speaker 6: And you know, even with the case of Rush, I mean, it's now been two months since he played in a game, and he, you know, throwing passes in a game, which is in the preseason, and so yes he did, he did. Yeah, and so you're working through all that, working through that's right, Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Mean the only thing he you know, and you couldn't get mad at it. They left cdn to catch the last two passes for nine yards and then when he set the record, they took him out right. And they knew about it too. It didn't just kind of happen. So do we need to take a break.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, we're way pasted. Okay, we're gonna take a break and way back.
Speaker 5: In a moment.
Speaker 12: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at moh Museum.
Speaker 13: Or Cowboys Football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday mornings Swacker Briskey and the Smoker, Miller Lte and the Cup, America's team playing America's greatest sport. Miller Lite, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football tastes like Miller Time. Celebrate Responsibly, twenty twenty three, Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 9: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they.
Speaker 10: Snapper the press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escapes laft. He'll look for a per style.
Speaker 9: Just like football. When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 10: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 9: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at block chain dot com.
Speaker 12: You know that sound anywhere.
Speaker 11: It's the crisp crunch, the first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping a cool pepsi. Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 9: That's what I like.
Speaker 3: Shots.
Speaker 8: Hear that The Salvation Army's twenty seventh annual Bread Kettle Kickoff returns to AT and T Stadium this Thanksgiving. Get excited to watch the one and only Dolly Parton rock the stage during the halftime when your Dallas Cowboys go head to head with the Washington Commanders. Tune in at three point thirty on CBS.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna watch that halftime show.
Speaker 5: Hmmm, dollar, Yeah, can we go?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's going to be very highly rated. Washington commanders will be the point. Can you believe it's next week Thanksgiving? Next week?
Speaker 5: That's crazy?
Speaker 3: Are you on the field for the for the concert?
Speaker 8: I don't know yet, most likely. Yeah, we'll see what I what hand? I haven't it, but I don't know if I know she's coming to town. Dolly's coming to town.
Speaker 3: We want Dolly's autographs, all right.
Speaker 13: We'll see what stuff.
Speaker 6: Amazing What the reaction has been like ever since it was announced that Dolly was going to be.
Speaker 3: Ye, when you read it the first time, what, that's big time, because you know, every once in a while they get somebody that anything about at least I know Dolly, not that I'm a music or anything, which, by the way, I've.
Speaker 6: Been amongst your friends. How excited are they that Dolly is coming?
Speaker 8: I mean, she's a classic. You can't go wrong with Dolly at all. I mean, she's she's Dolly.
Speaker 5: So and she's she seems like a cool person.
Speaker 8: Yeah, she does.
Speaker 5: She helps out a lot of people. That's a lot of stuff.
Speaker 6: I think the other put Nate and Nan Frisco ought to go on stage with her oh Man.
Speaker 5: In the past.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he'll be a.
Speaker 3: Woman, Nan Dolly, He'll.
Speaker 5: Let you do so stop stop. Here's one thing I want to say that.
Speaker 7: A lot of people don't like what McCarthy's doing. I think McCarthy's playing it pretty sly. I think he's got he's leaving a lot of cars like.
Speaker 3: He's got some cards in his depth.
Speaker 7: I think he's got a lot of them. I think he's got some that he just really doesn't want to show right now. And he's he's okay with worst case scenario five or six and three.
Speaker 5: But I still haven't gone into my bag yet. I truly think he's got some things. He came up with a couple yesterday.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the JetSuite to CD was very well designed because it came off of the playfake.
Speaker 3: It was the play fake up the middle?
Speaker 6: Was it?
Speaker 3: I wrote it down because you're right. So, yeah, he faked the ball. He faked the ball to Pollard up the middle, and scoon Maker was coming in motion from right to left, and then he stopped and went back out and he had to kick out right.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So here look this is when you know things are going your way and you're having a good day. Late in the game there when Dak completed that long past the CD off of his back foot jumping in the air, He's trying to throw it away and he and I knew he was, he admitted, he goes, I tried to throw it away and I didn't throw it far enough.
Speaker 8: When he escaped out little yeah, it almost looked like he was getting tripped, and then they caught himself.
Speaker 6: You know who I thought of on that pass. I thought it was a tribute to Dirk Nooviski.
Speaker 3: I thought it was a one back one let.
Speaker 6: It was a one legged, It was a one It was a Dirk stereotypical, the iconic Dirk one legged fade away.
Speaker 3: Well, he admitted in the press conference, and he said, and that tells you how good CD is. Because he came back and cut.
Speaker 5: I was thinking if he did that on purpose.
Speaker 3: Why, Yeah, No, he didn't get enough.
Speaker 5: I was thinking, why would you try that? That's dangerous.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that he was, he admitted, because somebody, somebody told him in the press conference that the TV camera caught him wagon his tail, his tongue and he was laughing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he got away with one there.
Speaker 5: He said that he fooled me.
Speaker 3: But when it's going your way, sometimes it goes your way. And we haven't seen well, you know what, I would say, we haven't seen too many of these. But you know what, look at their margin of victories and the majority of the games they've won, even Jerry's Jerry said, he said, He said, he was still there talking after McCarthy finished, and he said, the margin of victories has you know, we have to consider that. He goes they were surreal, and he's right. When you beat a team that bad in this league.
Speaker 5: I mean, think of the Vikings last year, right, Yeah, those are the kind of games I think of that.
Speaker 6: Those are what NFL games are supposed to be, like, come down to the wire, one score game. Yeah, yeah, not forty nine to seventeen, forty to nothing, well only thirty eight to three, thirty to ten, I mean forty three to twenty.
Speaker 3: All they had is twenty seventeen over the Chargers on the road.
Speaker 6: So so I want to hear about Savannah's week. I want to give you the final minute here and just the floor is yours because we aren't going to hear from you the rest of the week.
Speaker 8: Well, you know what I'm gonna I'll try to tune in when I can, but I will be sitting on a beach in the Dominican Republican.
Speaker 3: Drop the bill. I ain't listen to nothing, But you know what I will say.
Speaker 8: I think it'll be It'll be fun for you guys to prep for the Panthers this week.
Speaker 6: Well, do you want to go ahead and make a pick for the Carolina game today?
Speaker 5: Now what you have done is opened up a Pandora's box.
Speaker 7: We're going to talk about her every day this week, about what the heck she's doing in Jamaican Republican.
Speaker 5: Huh, yeah, we are going to have fun talking about that.
Speaker 8: For context, I'm going for a wedding. I'm a bridesmaid.
Speaker 4: We're going to be josh okay, but yes, wedding during football season.
Speaker 6: We've already discussed someone the wedding during.
Speaker 8: And she said, back to back, Yeah, I did one wedding this weekend, won this week.
Speaker 6: We need better friends.
Speaker 8: If anyone's listening, please don't invite me to any more wedding season.
Speaker 6: Not during football season. My daughter actually, she got married Thanksgiving weekend, and so I'm sitting here walking her down the aisle and there's a TV over here.
Speaker 9: Well, what.
Speaker 3: Time of year did you figure out? We paused?
Speaker 6: He paused halfway down the aisle so I could see the score. The oh you get. But I was crying walking down the aisle, not because he was getting married, but he was losing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my microphone didn't get in the way of my insignia.
Speaker 5: This weekend. I was impressed.
Speaker 3: I was impressing them. Volunteers.
Speaker 7: They really thought they were doing something. They thought they were going to make some noise coming into your place.
Speaker 3: That's what they get for piling on last year.
Speaker 6: And in closing, let's just hope you have as good a Monday today as Jimbo Fisher did yesterday, seventy six million dollars not to work. We all need a job like that, don't.
Speaker 5: We just failed like he did.
Speaker 3: I think Kevin Sherrington road in the morning news and this is just one more Aggie joke, that is.
Speaker 6: And they did it after a fifty fifty one to win.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why you.
Speaker 5: Know what crazy.
Speaker 3: When you make a decision to fire a coach, don't let it linger for two weeks because he might win the next two weeks. They should then they say, oh, what do you do?
Speaker 6: So they should have just announced it on Thursday when the regents voted to take care of it before the fifty one to ten, and then his interim would be a really prime candidate to replace him because he'd be the head coach for that fifty one. See how good I am?
Speaker 5: Interesting?
Speaker 6: Yeah, all right, that does it for us, and some of us will see you tomorrow. In the meantime, Savannah, Happy travels to the Dominicanboys.
Speaker 5: Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club