Speaker 1: What's that at the bed. It's spooky, JOOKI.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure it's dead. It's coming this way.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, Hey, I'm ged, I does says, Oh, hey boo, it's me Roz.
Speaker 4: I've got an episode today with Kara Klank, who's a hilarious comedian and writer.
Speaker 2: She hosts a podcast called That's Messed.
Speaker 4: Up, a very popular podcast about true crime and law and order s v U and I love Kara so much. We talk about a really terrifying haunted doll that I had never heard of that is named Norman. If you haven't heard of Norman, look him up. Very scary. There's a video that I found on YouTube of him moving on his own.
Speaker 2: Gave me nightmares.
Speaker 4: Speaking of I wanted to read a story.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I love it when people send me stories. It makes my day, makes my life better. Every time I get to get a little email notification at ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com. And this one comes from Patrick.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Patrick.
Speaker 4: Patrick tells me that sometime around two thousand and three, my now ex wife Jess and I were living in a condo in Fullerton, California. Oh my god, I lived in Fullerton at one point. Though the condo was small, the bedroom was large and doubled as an office and music studio. One night, Jess awoke to the sound of our dog, zeroling. Jess looked where the dog's attention was focused and saw in the far left corner of the bedroom, which she later described as quote, an entity that appeared more stretched and tall than a human. The body was a white mist, but it was contained in a form. The figure was hunched over a piece of recording equipment I had just purchased. After a moment, the figure kind of looked at Jess, stood up straight and moved toward the door at the far right of the room. Jess glanced down at Zero, who was still growling and tracking the movement of the figure. Just before reaching the door, the figure faded and disappeared. Jess nudged me and said, did you see that? But I had been soundly asleep and I barely responded. The next day was busy and we didn't discuss it. That night, I was awakened by Zero growling. I sat up in bed and flung my feet onto the floor, expecting an altercation with an intruder. I didn't see anything, but Zero was still growling. I tracked her focus to the far left corner of the bedroom. There I saw a tall, slender, ghostly figure that appeared to be checking out my new recording equipment. After a few moments, the figure turned and headed toward the door. I noticed Zero was still nervously growling and tracking the figure. We both watched it exit the open bedroom door. I stood up, walked over to the doorway and looked into the living room. Whatever it was, it was gone. Jess had stirred when I got out of bed and groggly asked me what was up. When I came back to bed, I said, we'll talk about it later, and I went back to sleep. That night, at dinner, I had an oh yeah moment and asked Jess what had happened two nights prior. She apprehensively told me her story. As her tale unfolded, I smirked, and Jess thought that I was doubting her, but I was actually holy shitting how exactly her sighting mirrored mine. Jess even referenced the dog as a character witness. Zero saw it too, before I finally chimed in and let her know that Zero and I had seen the exact same thing the next night. I think the most compelling part about our story is the fact that we both saw the same thing independently, and our dog's actions seemed to validate both of our experiences. I don't remember why, but we named the entity Alice. We never felt Alice malevolent, and neither of us ever saw it again. However, sometimes we'd come home and Zero would be visibly upset, and we'd blame Alice. Note yes, Zero is named after the ghost dog in Nightmare Before Christmas. Also, while verifying details of this story with Jess, she reminded me of this quote. Do you remember how we'd see tiny streaks of light up by the ceiling. Sometimes they were colored. I thought it was just my eyes doing something weird until one night it happened while we were watching TV and you said.
Speaker 2: You see that too, right?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 4: Okay, Patrick, thank you so much for sending me that. That is such a weird story, because it's like ghosts can just do they can like appear many different ways. There's like different so many different species of ghosts like that. There's that which is like a vape cloud shaped like a human and then it just it can walk out of a room, like, it's so strange, so strange.
Speaker 2: How this works out.
Speaker 4: It's almost like it's a it's not a fully cooked ghost yet, it's still still in the oven before it can be like a full body apparition with facial features. It's a cool story. Thanks for sending me that. Okay, well, I say we get into the episode. There is a video version of this episode and most of my episodes, so go to the link in the description of this episode, or just go to YouTube and type in Ghosted by ros Fernandez. You'll find all kinds of videos. I'd love if you watched them. And oh my god, you know what I'm just going to tell you right off the top here. I may I forget if I already told you this, because I've kind of been banking episode that. I did a bunch of them over the past few weeks. This one I recorded, I believe in January, like shortly after Christmas, early January. But I recorded an episode with the man who created celebrity ghost stories, and so we have an action packed episode coming at you. I think it's going to be a two parter or maybe there's a lot. There's a lot going on with it, so that will be coming up soon, so make sure you're subscribed. Okay, here we go. Here is me talking to Kara Klank on with the show.
Speaker 2: I'm joined by Kara Clank high ras.
Speaker 5: It's so good to be here.
Speaker 2: Thanks for being here. How are you?
Speaker 5: I'm good. I'm good.
Speaker 6: I've been following your podcast for a while and even though I don't have like a particular ghost story, I've always wanted to be invited on and I was so happy when you make one message me.
Speaker 2: Do you believe in ghosts?
Speaker 5: Here's a thing.
Speaker 6: Not really, but I know if I had an experience, I probably would.
Speaker 2: You're gonna get so much eight are.
Speaker 5: They gonna comfort me?
Speaker 2: Are mean?
Speaker 6: I'm not saying. I'm not saying I don't believe definitively. I just have not had like a ghost experience. I think I'm like a very high strung person and I move very fast, and I don't think I'm like, yeah, the ghosts can't get me, Like I'm just like I'm multitasking.
Speaker 5: I got two kids, guys.
Speaker 6: A ghost could like come up and smack me in the face and I would be like, I don't know, I'm so tired, you know.
Speaker 2: Don't worry nobody's mean. I love it.
Speaker 4: I love to hear just people's ideas, their thoughts if they believe, and I just very it makes me very curious because I kind of like use this podcast as like a survey to see what different people think. I think, particularly if you've never had an experience, I find it really interesting to hear what maybe a ghost could be to you, because surely you know people that have had have told you yes, so totally do you believe them?
Speaker 5: Sometimes?
Speaker 2: What do you mean even if it's like a loved one?
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 6: Sometimes a crazy person tells you a story about a ghost and you're like, well, that's you're crazy.
Speaker 5: So I don't know if I believe that, but I definitely no.
Speaker 6: I definitely have heard stories where I'm like, whoa, that sounds like you really experience something. But then it's like don't you watch Like okay, I wrote during the pandemic, I worked on you know that show bar Rescue with John Taffer or whatever his name is where he goes an he rescues bars. So I worked on it as like remotely in my room during the pandemic, writing pop up video style jokes that like went at the like throughout the they were re releasing old episodes because of like, so they re released like ten of their classic episodes, and one of the episodes was this guy who stopped showing up to his own bar because he thought it was haunted. And they showed all this stuff at the end of the episode, like they would show everybody working there and like, you know, kind of how they were fucking up and like pouring the drinks too heavy and blah blah blah. And then they would show the place at night, like they were closing down, and there'd be like lights and like stools that were stacked on top of each other would like fall over randomly, like and that was like I remember watching that and being like, well, what the fuck is causing all of that? Like I was, I'm not gonna say, I'm like a one hundred percent den iron.
Speaker 2: Do you think that he made it up because his bars?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Or he was just like a lazy piece of shit that was like, yeah, do it, Like my manager shod it. But like they basically John Daffer was like snap out of it, get your ass to work, you know, like that's the whole point. But he had like ghost people come in, I think and take like you know, night vision video and like you know, it's like sometimes on those videos it's like it's dust flying at the camera and people think it's it's got So I'm willing to believe. I look, a ghost story, a ghost movie definitely makes me jump, whereas like other stuff like I don't know, aliens and zombies is like a different thing for me. Like I do believe in some ghosty So I kind of believe people that are dead or watching us, you know what I mean, but not necessarily coming into our houses and knocking things over.
Speaker 2: Were you raised with religion.
Speaker 6: Well, I was raised Jewish, okay, So I wouldn't say we were super ghosty okay in that way. So I went to summer camp for ten years, three as a camp or seven as a counselor, like obsessed with my summer camp, like got married there.
Speaker 5: It's in Vermont, and I go back every year usually.
Speaker 6: I mean before pandemic, I was going back almost every single year to work at like the family camp. And last year I went back, I took my kids. I like worked for a week and in Vermont it's like a free vacation. It's so cute. It's so beautiful. I'm obsessed and so forever. So the way the camp is, you know, situated on this like sort of hillside, and then above the units are like the groups of tents. So above one of the units is this place called Wedding Ring, and.
Speaker 5: It's like very.
Speaker 6: Very special place where we have like Sunday service where people like like give kudos to people that did something nice for them and people read like shel Silverstein poems and you know what I mean. It's like a nice little camp like campfire acoustic guitar that kind of like very camp be thing. But at Wedding Ring, which is this special place supposedly in like you know, the eighteen hundreds, a woman was like left at the altar there or something like that, and so there's this legend of the ghost of Wedding Ring, and it's like a woman in a wedding dress who down like from wedding Ring.
Speaker 5: It's only oh god, I'm not very good.
Speaker 6: At distances, but it's probably like two hundred feet from like where we sleep, and I got I was in the tent one year that's the closest to wedding Ring, and everyone was like you're gonna see the ghost. You're gonna see the ghost. And my friend, my friend said she really saw it. She's like, I woke up and there was a woman in a white dress standing over me, and I was like, we do drink a lot though at night, you know.
Speaker 2: But in a tent, the tent is so.
Speaker 5: Well, here's that.
Speaker 6: Well, let me just tell you what our tents are like though. The tents are platform tents. We're not like in zip up on the ground tents. They're like big platform tents with like canvas. So you're in a bed. You have like a full caught bed and you sleep there with three other campers and it has like big I like to keep the flaps rolled up for air, you know, so you're kind of sleeping outside. And yeah, I did have a couple of friends that are like, I've seen the ghost of wedding ring.
Speaker 2: So wait a minute, this woman got stood up at the altar.
Speaker 5: And so she haunts she died. I don't know. I don't know that part.
Speaker 2: Oh I love a good like urban legend.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well like a rural legend, because it was like for our camp. But like, yeah, so I guess when people told me they saw that I was like a teen when I was a counselor, and like in my twenties early twenties, so I'd be like, you didn't see anything, you know, But well, I don't know.
Speaker 4: There's a thing that I'm obsessed with in the paranormal world, which there's a couple of different names, a thought form, an agragor. It's like this concept that you can kind of think something into existence. Yes, if enough people over so many years keep saying that, so it doesn't even have to be historically accurate, they could just conjure up some woman if enough people are saying that she's you know, roaming around right right.
Speaker 6: Uh yeah, Like when you say that, it reminds me of like the Baba Duck kind of like you know how that movie is like about grief, but like, yeah, it's like a boogeyman or something that you just keep you think of collective as a culture or as a small community, and you can just think it into existence.
Speaker 5: That's what I think I believe in.
Speaker 4: And I also have a theory that because therapy wasn't very common at all in like the eighteen hundreds, so many of these eighteen hundreds bitches are Roman around satisfuck because they didn't get over their shit.
Speaker 5: I know they think they couldn't process.
Speaker 2: They didn't process.
Speaker 5: You hear about dying of a heartbreak, dying of loneliness. We used to do that constantly.
Speaker 4: Because they didn't have any They weren't on better help. Yeah, that's what they needed. Yeah, exactly. Okay, Well, I want to tell you about a famous story. Actually, I'm gonna be honest with you. I try to stay up to date on what's going on in this world with particularly haunted dolls.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, this is not one I've heard of. And I've had it with Annabelle No.
Speaker 6: And you know what, I don't go to see a lot of horror movies, but there was some situation where I ended up at like the Conjuring in the movie theater and like with the annabel of it All, and I I kind of scream like a cartoon character at those kind of movies, like when there are jump scares, I scream, and my husband is like, what are you doing? Like I'm really a joke at the movies. So that kind of shit freaks me out. Chucky, I think I grew up with Chucky and he scared the shit out of me.
Speaker 5: So everyone's like.
Speaker 6: Going to see M three gin right now, M Megan, Yes, and I'm like, it's too scary for me.
Speaker 4: She's she's really bursting onto the scene right now. I haven't seen it yet.
Speaker 6: But my husband just saw it with his movie wife. I let him go to movie scary movies with another woman and she's our friend, and he said it was really fun.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think you like scary movies.
Speaker 2: I love them.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But as far as I know, she is not based in reality, right, Annabel is based in our true story really, yes, And she's become the girl when she is she is that girl.
Speaker 6: And I sort of I do believe in that kind of stuff, Like I do believe in like if this is like giving you a bad feeling, like let's just got rid of it, you know what I mean, like stuff having bad like juju.
Speaker 2: I do believe in that totally. So I'm ready for a new a new girl in town.
Speaker 5: Tell me who's the new bitch on the block.
Speaker 2: This new bitch on the block. I will get to and I'll get to later how I discovered the new bitch.
Speaker 5: On the block.
Speaker 2: But her name is Norman.
Speaker 5: It's a girl. Named Norman.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Everyone's a sheet of me. Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be a boy. But okay, this is Norman the Haunted.
Speaker 5: All love it and para Norman.
Speaker 4: Yes, like the movie, and I'm here to give Norman some clout because I want more people to know about Norman. There has been two books written about Norman, and also the TV show A Haunting, which is on Discovery Plus Now. I couldn't find this episode of it because I think it was a newer season.
Speaker 2: I had to.
Speaker 4: I actually bought the episode on YouTube, and I'm not gonna lie. This TV show A Haunting pretty good.
Speaker 5: Really.
Speaker 2: If they need hold it pop up video joke, it would be great for this. It's good.
Speaker 5: Please. That's not what I do for a living. It was the pandemic. I had to take what.
Speaker 2: I could get. It's uh. It's kind of a good show though.
Speaker 4: It's like the real people tell stories and then they have reenactments, but the reenactments are like scary movies.
Speaker 6: Like okay, scary, Yeah, isn't that kind of like that anthology that came out like a couple of years ago on like Amazon.
Speaker 5: Now, I can't think of the name of More.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've heard a lot about it.
Speaker 4: I haven't seen it, Okay, so I don't know for sure, but it seems to me that this took place in twenty sixteen. Oh, I gotta set the tone. The year is twenty sixteen. It was truly the worst, one of the.
Speaker 2: Worst years, in one of the worst year history.
Speaker 4: So some highlights of that year for me were that I stopped talking to several family members with the election, I had my first panic attack.
Speaker 2: And also there was.
Speaker 4: A couple in Beulahville, North Carolina that found a haunted doll named Norman, and Norman said, if I was you, I want to be me too. So Stephen Lancaster is who we're talking about here. He's a paranormal investigator. He and his fiance Christina, they're antique fan. Are you an antique fan?
Speaker 5: Not especially really happy to hear about it, though I love it.
Speaker 2: I love me and antique.
Speaker 6: I think my dad used to like take me to antique stores for hours and just make me sit there, and so I'm like all this old crap, you know, It's like it's like a trigger for me.
Speaker 4: See, I love old. My family didn't like old crab. Yeah, and that's why I'm like, I wel the thing with anti stars. You don't know where those things are, right, you don't know who's died touching that stuff.
Speaker 5: You gotta sage it up.
Speaker 4: Well this you know, these people in particular PANELM investigators, So when they found this doll, they were like jackpot. So they're they're sniffing around the store and they find this weird wooden box that's on top of a chair.
Speaker 2: That's like up and they're like, what is that weird box?
Speaker 4: And has a lock on it, but the lock is like off, so they're like, how can you can't open it? But you can tell that there's They shake it, they're like there's something. So this guy he pulls out a little little knife and he like pops it open.
Speaker 2: He opens it up and there is an ugly ass doll inside.
Speaker 4: Actually I have a picture here, okay, Norman, Oh my god.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And it's like that's why the box was Jimmy like was like sealed shut. Don't Jimmy things open that don't need to be opened.
Speaker 5: I don't like Norman.
Speaker 4: Norman has got orange hair. I mean, I'm a little bit chucky though. I don't want to push the stigma.
Speaker 5: But we have a white glove on one hand.
Speaker 2: Michael Jackson.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's interesting that hands are two different colors. Looks like he's been through a fire of some sort. Yeah, like one eye is melted off. It's creepy. Google for yourself.
Speaker 5: Listen. A little orange woven wig.
Speaker 2: Yes, that is not real. I know a wig.
Speaker 4: So they they're looking at it and they're like, perfect, we'll take it. So they go to the checkout and there's two women that are working there and they're like, uh shit, not that all again. Oh, and they say, wherever that doll goes, there is some sadness that goes with this doll.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: So there is kind of a sad triggering. There's all this stuff.
Speaker 4: There's always like there has to be like a one sentence sad thing.
Speaker 2: So let's just cover it real quick.
Speaker 4: One of the employees says, years ago, a woman was given to the doll before giving birth to twins.
Speaker 2: The boy doll died at birth, the girl lived.
Speaker 4: She believes six years later, the mother died in a fire, and she believes that the little boy spirit went into the doll.
Speaker 2: Is what she.
Speaker 4: Believes and the girl twin grew up and she brought the doll to the antique store.
Speaker 2: This is the story that they were told.
Speaker 1: Wow, okay, back.
Speaker 2: To the fun.
Speaker 4: So the two the couple, let me make sure I have their names again, Stephen and Christina. So Stephen, Christie. They're like, what should we name this doll? And they're like, oh, let's call it Norman because he doesn't look like a.
Speaker 2: Doll nor a man.
Speaker 4: Oh so these people, they must be dragon fans.
Speaker 2: They know a pun.
Speaker 4: So shortly after taking the doll home, in the middle of the night, at four am, Stephen hears continuous three knocks pounding on his front door.
Speaker 2: Now here's the thing.
Speaker 4: In the paranormal there is a school, a thought of people that believe that three like if you hear three knocks or whatever, that means like evil's come in, right, it's some something kind.
Speaker 1: Of evil knock three times.
Speaker 4: A lot of people think that it's like making fun of the father's son holy Spirit. Like there's a lot of theories out there. Okay, either way.
Speaker 6: He would wage, I would argue, you don't want any knocks on your door in the middle of the night, any number.
Speaker 5: But you're saying that it's also a of a cursed number.
Speaker 2: I don't want to knock at any hour of any day.
Speaker 4: Poor landlord. He keeps stopping by to like give me. He gave me a Christmas gift.
Speaker 5: What was it?
Speaker 2: Like chocolates and stuff?
Speaker 4: Oh, but he would ring his doorbell and I'm like, I don't know who that is.
Speaker 2: I'm not answering.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then finally, after like day weeks, finally it was left on my.
Speaker 2: Thing and I'm like it was him. This whole time, I.
Speaker 5: Should have just checked do you have a people?
Speaker 2: I do, but you can hear me creeping up. That's true. I need to get a ring. Okay.
Speaker 4: So that's actually what these people did. They put a whole surveillance system in the entire house, and the only places that they couldn't see was I believe it's Christina's daughter, because again these two were fiancees at the time, so I believe she had a daughter who is sixteen years old, and they couldn't see her bathroom or her bedroom, but otherwise they had ca everywhere. So one day, the daughter's showering and she hears someone outside of the shower. She looks, she's convinced her someone there.
Speaker 2: There's no one there.
Speaker 4: One day, Christina's grandchildren were being babysat by Steven, and this is a real security video. If you're listening to this, you're gonna have to listen. You're gonna have to watch the YouTube version of this, or you could find it on YouTube as well, or if you watch the haunting episode is also in there. This is Stephen. These are grandkids that he's babysitting.
Speaker 5: Is that a creepy doll or is that just the doll right there?
Speaker 4: The doll is nestled in the bed cozy. Keep your eyes on the doll.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, Oh my god, Oh my god.
Speaker 4: The doll is twisting its head back and forth, nearly twisting it around the kid. Seems like he noticed, well, Stephen, I don't know if the kid does notice, but Stephen, upon watching the video, was like, the doll is looking at me to see if I'm going to leave or not.
Speaker 2: That's pretty much it.
Speaker 6: Wow, I mean that because this doesn't look like the kind of doll that like is like pivots its head as part of its like functionality.
Speaker 4: Raactly, And that's what he was saying, Like, I don't even think, like the doll can't even do that, so, like, how is it doing that?
Speaker 2: It's creepy.
Speaker 5: It is really creepy.
Speaker 2: I know we got a star here.
Speaker 4: This is a haunted all star Norman and more people need to know about Norman Norman. So, okay, one night, the daughter who's sixteen or whatever, she's sleeping. She feels her blanket being pulled off.
Speaker 6: Which I've seen that, I've heard of that that's common, right, it's pretty colm somebody pulling off your blanket.
Speaker 2: They don't ghost. I don't know why ghost won't let you be closer.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like what does it goes differ? Come up and just like tickle your little nose. They're always just like Pete taking off your comforter.
Speaker 2: You know, they're being a little freaky spiky deeky's.
Speaker 4: So she feels someone sit on the edge of her bed and then they start crawling toward her. She was like, I'm done with this house, and she ended up staying with her brother for a while, who was I believe a grown adult that did not live with them. So at this point it's just the couple in the house. They call up some of their paranormal investigator friends, they start doing all their little gizmos and gadgets. They find that the temperature around the doll is different from other temperatures, so that might be something there that's weird. They use a spirit box, which is a device if you don't know that basically sweeps radio frequencies, and so you'll hear just like like it goes like that, and then you'll hear like a commercial or something go so I'm gonna kill you, like and so it's it's hard to describe if you've never seen it. Basically, the belief is if it's saying that when you when you're talking to it, it's not just a coincidence that it's saying that.
Speaker 1: Okay, mean so.
Speaker 6: Like for example, it's like when my kids paw patrol, my kids paw patrol walkie talkies start picking up radio frequencies from someone else. Like the other day, I heard man's voices coming out of my kids walkie talkies.
Speaker 2: Freaks me freak me out.
Speaker 5: I turned them off. I said, we're putting these way, we're not playing with these right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I mean when this is used for ghost hunting, like for example, they were talking, you know, they had a spear box next to Norman, and some of the things that was saying was fear me. And then another thing it said was that it wants Stephen to die.
Speaker 5: Specifically, it named him Steven.
Speaker 4: Yes, and there's actually a video somewhere online that I found of some of that as well. Okay, so Steven finds this woman online that's like I like haunted dolls.
Speaker 2: So he sells it to her.
Speaker 6: So Stephen, who's a paranormal researcher with Christina, they're both like, we're out.
Speaker 5: We're out on Norman.
Speaker 2: They're like, we gotta.
Speaker 4: Because the thing is like coming for for Christine Steve. And the belief that they are going with is maybe it is this little boy and he wants Christina as a mother and he doesn't want Stephen to get in the way. I don't know, they will get to that in a second. But so what they do is they sell it to this woman. They're like, we're gonna make a couple of bucks while we're at it. They sell it to her and they're like as soon as it's gone, they're like, oh do you smell that? It's like fresh air, Like everything's like it's wonderful.
Speaker 2: This part is unbelievable.
Speaker 4: They a knock on their door a couple days later or something, and there's the shipping box with Norman in it. It's sent back. They contact a woman. She's like, I didn't even receive it. They contact the post office. They're like, we don't know what.
Speaker 5: Norman was like, I know where I want to live.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's not with some lady off of eBay or whatever. So he, according according to this episode of a Haunting, he gets mad.
Speaker 2: He picks it up and he's like fuck, yeah. Well I don't know what he.
Speaker 4: Says, but he's like Norman and he's like shaking it or whatever, has a heart attack.
Speaker 2: No doesn't die though.
Speaker 4: So then now this is North Carolina, crazy hurricane heads and the lights go out, they're hearing whispers in their ears.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: They investigate a noise that they hear upstairs. They go upstairs and they see this scary black figure and they actually took a photograph of it. I don't have the photograph, but it is in that episode. You should everyone should watch it because I basically just ripped all this stuff off from that episode. But go watch it and you'll see it's really cool. Because they capture like this scary creature on camera. So they decide to give They're like, okay, he's here. You know what we're not. There's no getting rid of them. Yeah, we try to make a couple of bucks. We had probably had to give the woman a refund so.
Speaker 5: Pay the shipping ye handling.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so now maybe medical bills had a heart attack. Yeah, this is getting pricey. So they decide we're just gonna give him his own room. We're gonna make him feel at home. We're gonna lock him up.
Speaker 5: Okay, real estate, who has the space for that. I give hant doll its own room. My children don't have their own room.
Speaker 4: I know this fucking doll. So they're just like, we're gonna keep him here. They start to believe that maybe he's the child, that child, the original child that died at birth. I like this theory as being a possibility. Maybe it grew up just as a regular person. Now it's a grown man.
Speaker 6: Oh so like the soul of Norman that went into Norman, the soul of the Debt of the Twin went into Norman and then continued to grow.
Speaker 5: So now it's like an adult inside the So we always.
Speaker 4: Think, like you see these little kid ghosts, that maybe it was a little kid that died or whatever. But like I like the idea that maybe you get older.
Speaker 6: And so Norman went through puberty, Norman was jerking off into tissues. Then Norman like grew into himself, got facial.
Speaker 2: Hair, but he can't really participate. I mean that would make you piss.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you're just you're trapped in it all.
Speaker 4: You're trapped in an antique store for who knows how long. Now that wouldn't be fun. That kind of sounds like what you were saying is when you were a kid just having to sit there in the antique store.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and now I'm creepy as fuck. I'm haunting people.
Speaker 4: So they put him in there and they claim that they have heard because in the locked room they've heard giggles, they've heard footsteps.
Speaker 6: The giggles, But like, wouldn't it be more of a like a hall it was an older man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's probably watching listening to Joe Rogany.
Speaker 1: Was like, I'm not getting vaccinated.
Speaker 4: They heard the rocking chair move in there, so that was that on that shit. However, have a segment on the show where I go to eBay and I look for haunted dolls?
Speaker 5: Is Norman up there?
Speaker 2: Norman is currently up for sir.
Speaker 6: Sale on How has no freak bought Norman yet? Well, there's so many people that want that kind of stuff.
Speaker 4: We need a rich freak. How much twenty thousand? Okay, as far as I know, this is legit?
Speaker 6: And what are they going to hand deliver him? He obviously won't go usps.
Speaker 2: It's I know, he's.
Speaker 6: Like, I fly first. If it's for business, I fly first, or business.
Speaker 4: Exactly, and this is business. You could also make an offer, but here it is. This is those current listing. Well, same town, Beulaville, North Carolina.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 5: Wow, Wow, I can't believe you found Normy.
Speaker 2: I clicked it.
Speaker 4: Well, it actually I worked backwards. I was looking for haunted dolls and I found this. I said, twenty thousand dollars Norman who?
Speaker 6: And does it say featured in The Haunting and everything?
Speaker 2: The credits at this Pointich.
Speaker 5: Is on IMDb.
Speaker 4: Yes, I believe that that is the same man from the man that we saw typing so Phantom Works Incorporated. Yeah, I believe that's him that is selling this doll. He's also the one that wrote the books. I believe it says well, it says the world's most haunted doll. Now I don't know that that's necessarily true yet, but I'm working on it. I'm giving you some clout right now, world's most haunted doll has been exhumed from his secret grave and ready to move on. The haunting of Norman has been chronicled in the paranormal best selling books Norman Colon, The Doll that Needed to Be Locked Away and Norman Too, The True Story of a Possessed Dolls Revenge. I think that there's more to this story that I don't know yet, but I do want to buy these books because I read an excerpt online and it's pretty good.
Speaker 2: I a lot.
Speaker 4: It's also been on Travel Channel and Discovery plaz most notably, some of his activity was documented in a Haunting Colon the Norman Doll credits.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so credit.
Speaker 5: Is working, booked and blessed.
Speaker 4: So now there are some security videos on the eBay listing. It looks like Norman is moon. I don't know what Norman is doing.
Speaker 3: Is there?
Speaker 2: Videos are just still stills? But oh, this is Norman Too, the book.
Speaker 5: That he wrote.
Speaker 6: So this man is profiting off of Like these books are written by the man who.
Speaker 2: Owns Norman, because of Norman. Yeah the least he can do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look at this is that?
Speaker 4: I think that that's Norman figure and like, no, but I think this is like is that. I don't know what I'm looking at. It's some kind of attic or something. It looks like Norman's upside down.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, I can't hanging doll in the attic.
Speaker 2: No no, no, it's creepy. Twenty thousand dollars. I mean that's certainly.
Speaker 5: Let's get a go fundme going.
Speaker 6: Where As I think that needs to be in your podcast studio.
Speaker 2: I don't want a grown man.
Speaker 5: Or even a yeah, whatever it is, you don't want to haunt a doll.
Speaker 2: No, I gotta take care of him. I don't. I just don't want to deal with that. But somebody I would love.
Speaker 5: How does it show how long it's been up on eBay for? Like how long a house has been on the market.
Speaker 4: Well, there's nineteen people watching it.
Speaker 2: It might be one of them. I don't know where it says that's okay.
Speaker 6: I'm just wondering, Like I didn't know if these were like sometimes they're timed right, like it auction runs out, but I guess that's the only people bid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is they're like, it's by it now, honey, twenty thousand, So I don't know how long it's been up, but good luck to everyone.
Speaker 2: Oh there's well okay, well that's that. You want to hear some ghost voices? Yes, okay, sure.
Speaker 4: It's time for EVP or ev plicse.
Speaker 1: What's EVP?
Speaker 2: EVP stands for Electronic voice phenomenal?
Speaker 5: Oh got it?
Speaker 4: So anytime a ghost hunter believes they've captured a ghost speaking, it's.
Speaker 6: Called an EVP, EVP or an ev police.
Speaker 4: So what I do is I go to YouTube and I look for alleged EVPs that people have posted, and I want you to tell me what this ghost huntka has caught. This first one was posted by Price Paranormal. They don't necessarily say where, but they do say, quote a small, low level cemetery that's shade, A small.
Speaker 6: Low nobody of any importance is buried here. It's not your forest lawn, that's for sure. It's Hollywood forever.
Speaker 2: Okay, what is it saying?
Speaker 5: How do I get to your mom? I can't hear it.
Speaker 2: I definitely hear like a huh.
Speaker 5: How hell, I don't know what I'm hearing.
Speaker 2: I'll give you some options. Okay, is it a how'd you get so cute? B? Heather goes to Heaven? See? How do I get somewhere?
Speaker 4: Or D I'll take two ears of corn?
Speaker 2: See how do I get somewhere?
Speaker 5: That's what I hear?
Speaker 4: How do I get somewhere? They believe it's B Heather goes to Heaven?
Speaker 5: I mean kind it would be Heather goozed.
Speaker 2: To have like it's like not Heather goose To Like I'm.
Speaker 5: Hearing it, but it's someone. It's a southern California ghost. It's like Heather gives to heaven.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Okay. So this next one is from co O T N Paranormal.
Speaker 6: Okay, and you're gonna give me choices again. I won't guess, no, but I like a guest. First.
Speaker 2: It is at the James John L. Dread House and bluff Dale Township, which is near L Dread, Illinois. Okay, this is in a room that is known as the Cheese Room. What is this ghost saying? Okay? This one's very light whisper.
Speaker 6: Okay, I don't I saw her inventor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, up, I saw her invent her. I saw her invent her. She was not all that because.
Speaker 4: Like the movie, she's all that. It's like I saw her inventor. Well, here's some options. Is it A I saw you put that back?
Speaker 2: Is it B? Sorry about your clothes?
Speaker 1: Ooh that shady?
Speaker 2: See, Sorry I have to go?
Speaker 4: Or D the movie saw is not that good.
Speaker 1: I think it might be sorry about your.
Speaker 4: Clothes, Sorry about your clothes, Sorry about them?
Speaker 2: That is so mean. Sorry I have to go, is what they believe.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I have to go.
Speaker 2: It's so soft, so soft, But I kind of like that in a man.
Speaker 6: But it's like like ce ASMR.
Speaker 2: It is very asmr. Yeah, but the ghost is like, sorry, I go.
Speaker 5: Also, your clothes are bad, so I have to leave.
Speaker 4: Yeah, clothes suck. Okay, well let's do one last. Okay, I'm just gonna list off a bunch of paranormally type things, and I want you to tell me if you believe in it, if you don't believe in it, if you have a story.
Speaker 6: I also have to tell you that when I saw Blair Witch Project, the movie, I was a counselor at my camp, which i've already brought up. I was the movie came out. I was eighteen. I saw it in the theater. I was living outdoors at the time, like in a tent every night. My brother had told me that it was a real movie based on found footage.
Speaker 2: That was the best part of that.
Speaker 6: I knew nothing about it and I went to it. My brother was like, oh, yeah, they found this footage of these kids in Maryland. They found it and this is what they found. And I went to go see. It was like the most terrified I've ever been. Then I had to go back to sleep.
Speaker 5: In my tent outside in the woods. It was so terrifying.
Speaker 2: I remember.
Speaker 6: So I guess I do believe in ghosts because I thought that was fully fucking real.
Speaker 2: I know, God, do you believe in like Bigfoot?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: No, they have Bigfoot in Vermont?
Speaker 6: Yeah, well we do like a little thing at family camp called a Yetti hunt, where somebody dresses up in like a costume and the kids go try to find him in the woods. So it's definitely part of the lore. But I don't think it's real.
Speaker 2: Okay, But I just.
Speaker 6: Don't believe there's an animal that's that elusive. We've caught every other animal on the planet.
Speaker 2: How can we not if it was like a man?
Speaker 6: The bigfoot is a man? Yeah, well, I mean we caught every human, haven't. I mean, like, what, we're not finding a man dressed You think he's dressed as a yetti?
Speaker 2: No, he just it's like a oh, it's like a type of.
Speaker 5: Chrol Magnany type man.
Speaker 2: That's just out like smart enough to hide.
Speaker 5: Smart enough to hide?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 6: Yeah, and where do we think both bigfoot lives?
Speaker 5: He's cited all over the place in America?
Speaker 4: Literally, I've done my research there. Every single state says that they have a bigfoot, right.
Speaker 2: I think it's the same man.
Speaker 4: And he's just traveling around by foot, impregnating the local female. Big big feet, That's what I think. And there's it's spreading. It has to be stopped. Yeah, Okay. What do you think about the idea of like a demon?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Do you think that's real?
Speaker 6: Well, I've never really thought about whether it's real or not. But I watched this TV show called Evil. Have you ever watched that?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 6: Oh my god, it's on CBS, which sounds crazy because like, why would we watch anything on CBS? But now it's on paramount pluses and my husband and I are obsessed with it. It's like a team of three people that like hunt demons. One woman is a psychologis just one guy is a priest and the other guy's a tech guy. Yeah okay, aus if Mandy is in it and the guy from Luke Cage is in it and this other woman and I'm my husband and I are obsessed with it, and it's like it's gross, like some of it's really bloody, but like there are demons. Basically, it's kind of like a murdercery wrote type of thing where they're like a team and they investigate like paranormal happenings.
Speaker 5: Sometimes they can be explained.
Speaker 6: Sometimes it's like explained by like, oh, there's a technology they ate this weird kind of mushroom it makes it makes stigmata happen on your body. Like sometimes it's explained away. Other times. There's also another full demon plotline running through it where people are possessed by demons and like Satan is trying to like actively take down this team, and it's really fun.
Speaker 2: I'm sure that it's probably based on real things.
Speaker 6: Yeah people, Yes, yes, I bet you, I bet you. It is you should watch this show Evil. It's really good.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I mean, I've never like, I don't know. I'm such a like see it to believe it kind of person. I've never like seen like anything.
Speaker 4: So the demon visited you in the mid of the night, you'd be like, okay, please.
Speaker 5: I would be like, I'm dreaming like a demon.
Speaker 2: You ever had sleep paralysis? No good for you? You sleep on your stomach?
Speaker 5: No, I sleep on my sides me too.
Speaker 2: What do you.
Speaker 4: Think about like curses? Ooh, do you think that that's a real thing?
Speaker 5: I think that could be real. Really I could.
Speaker 1: I could.
Speaker 6: I could kind of get behind that now when that you can like give something bad energy or like yeah, set something on someone.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 6: My husband is cursed about like technology, like he truly like has we call it gremlins. We're always like you have gremlins like he he can't Like he'll be like the printer's not working and I'll go in and I'll press like one button and it works, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: He just like cannot do anything with tech.
Speaker 2: Do you think and I think it's a curse.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's given to the first male born family in West Virginia in January, born in January?
Speaker 2: Is that true? No?
Speaker 6: No, But I mean that's the closest I can come to think of like a curse in my real life.
Speaker 2: But I don't know, because there's like some like the Kennedy.
Speaker 5: The Kennedys are cursed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like do you believe that that's real? Or is it coincidence?
Speaker 6: I mean with when you get down to it, I think it's probably coincidence.
Speaker 5: But I have definitely thought that that family is cursed before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, what do you think? I think it's possible.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I don't know the root of why how did that happen?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: I don't know, Like I don't think.
Speaker 6: I don't think some old witch on Cape cod like you know, curse their claim chowder or whatever. Like I don't think that's like what happened. But it is like a wild amount of tragedy for one family.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that's when it's like, you know, could it be a coincidence because they're in so many high stake situations.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're a public family. There's many of them, they're a large family. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Okay, last one that kind of goes along with that, like synchronousities.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you.
Speaker 4: Are you a kind person that goes right place at the right time, like that was supposed to happen. It's so weird that you're here and I'm there.
Speaker 6: Yes, like serendipity, serendipitous stuff. Yes, I totally believe in all that.
Speaker 2: Can you think of a time I don't.
Speaker 6: Know, oh, man, Like it's like one of those things that happens all the time where I'm like, we were just talking about this person and then I ran into that. I know that that's like sounds just like coincidence or whatever. But I always feel like it's so real.
Speaker 4: I've had a couple of times I was supposed to be at a place, didn't.
Speaker 5: Go, and then something bad happened there.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: My friend her twin brothers both narrowly escape missed being a part of nine to eleven. One of them was supposed to be on the flight. Her twin brothers are identical twins. One was supposed to be on the flight that went into DC. One of them was supposed to be in one of the towers and like move their trip like at the last minute.
Speaker 5: Oh my, So it's like crazy.
Speaker 6: Both of her brothers like avoided nine to eleven, like very so that kind of stuff. I'm always like, ooh, like I kind of what is like, yeah, what is that?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 4: But I guess what my question is is are you a type of person that looks that looks at that as going this is not a coincidence.
Speaker 6: Like I think there's some kind of like higher power controlling it. I don't know, Yeah, I probably am like I definitely will be like to my husband, I'll be like.
Speaker 5: Can you believe it?
Speaker 6: And now I'm trying to think of a fucking example. My mind is blank because I know your children has like truly like wrung all of the juice out of my brain. But like I've and I've been like can you believe X Y Z? And He'll be like okay, like and I'm like, no, that's like I don't know. I kind of believe it. I have a little bit more belief in it, much more since I moved.
Speaker 2: To La Oh.
Speaker 5: I didn't believe any of this shit before I moved here.
Speaker 2: Have you been to a psychic in my No?
Speaker 5: I never have.
Speaker 6: I know I should go. We had them in New York everywhere. I was so broke, and there were so many in my neighborhood. I never went, and now that I'm here, I always I want to go to one that people recommend.
Speaker 5: Maybe you can tell me one.
Speaker 2: I don't believe in that.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, no, no, I believe in I do believe. It's like I don't believe in recommending psychis.
Speaker 5: Oh so I have to be like drawn to one.
Speaker 2: You think, well, what I can do is go this person.
Speaker 4: I like their approach, uh huh, but you are not going to hold me accountable if.
Speaker 6: They're oh sure, I'm not going to be like you know, I get I've gotten tarot readings.
Speaker 4: It's like when you recommend like a YouTube video, like you're like, you.
Speaker 6: Gotta watch this funny video, and then you watch somebody watch it and they're like, right, it was to me.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: That's how I feel about psychics now.
Speaker 6: When there's some psychics that I hate people talk about on podcasts when they're like she's amazing, one hundred percent right all of the time, and I'm like, how how can that be? I don't know if I believe in psychics, especially like when I see them on television and it's like they're doing like the Housewives.
Speaker 5: I'm like, you think they didn't google you? Like this is crazy, but I done, Taro.
Speaker 6: Actually, I got a tarot reading when I was pregnant with my second child, and she said, I'm feeling very feminine energy around this baby. And I was like, I'm having a girl. I'm having a girl and it was a boy. But you know what, who knows?
Speaker 1: Ooh, who knows.
Speaker 5: I'm waiting for the feminine energy.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Fun you know so well, Caro clag you did it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm so excited.
Speaker 6: Like, I mean, you really got me thinking about things I don't really think about because I think about it, I forgot that. I'm like, oh, I do buy some of this shit, like I I think when I would it before, like I would usually describe myself as like more of a skeptic, a New York City type of personality, where I'm like, I don't believe any of this shit, but like when I really do think about it, curses, serendipity, all that kind of stuff, I'm sort of like, maybe.
Speaker 2: Never say never that I want to hear you talk about anything.
Speaker 4: So I'm happy to hear you talk about to hear your views on this now.
Speaker 5: You're so nice.
Speaker 1: That's such a nice thing.
Speaker 4: You're such a good podcast that you can just like make anything well work.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I mean I have a podcast, tell us about it. My podcast is called That's Messed Up. It's you know, I guess, I guess, So that's what they tell it.
Speaker 5: Touring, touring, go all over the place.
Speaker 1: I mean, you should tour.
Speaker 5: Do do this live.
Speaker 2: We have, but I want to. I'm going to do way more soon.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: People love this stuff.
Speaker 2: So everyone listening, get ready.
Speaker 5: Get ready for your tickets. No.
Speaker 6: Yeah, my podcast is about lawn order ress for you if you're interested in that show or in true crime, because we talk about the true crime that it was based on, and then we also interview an actor from the show. So we've gotten to talk to some cool people. So if you want to listen, it's wherever you get your bonds.
Speaker 2: And if you're in La Wednesday night, oh.
Speaker 6: Yes, and Roz comes on and kills it and I wasn't there the last time you did it, and I'm pissed, so you got to come back soon. I have a show called Better Half Comedy every Wednesday at Barbandini and Echo Park.
Speaker 2: It's a good one. Come on Bye, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Thanks for doing this, thanks for having me behind you, and we're out. Thank you so much to Cara Klank. Go watch the YouTube version of that episode and the link and the description. You can also find my Patreon there, which I'm not currently updating, but lots of content on there, including full length episodes of me just by myself talking about paranormal stuff. I'm on Instagram at roz Hernandez TikTok and Twitter at It's roz Hernandez. Make sure you are subscribed, you're following the show, you rate it five stars. Wherever you can, you tell your friends about it. I will talk to you next week. I love you all, both living and dead.
Speaker 2: But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me. Came back. Star means a podcast network