Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Katty Armstrong and Jetty Enough he Armsronget Lie from studio scene. Oh my gosh, we're in a dimly lit room deep with from the bowels of the Armstrong and Getty Communications compound. Today Tuesday, we're under the tutelage of our general manager.
Speaker 2: The pardon herd around the world. Oh are you telling me there's still reverberations?
Speaker 1: Oh please, it's server verberating like a crazy server vibrator. I almost went with the real Joe Biden because his latest episode is completely typical of Joe Biden. The idea that it's a shock, it's a surprise old Scranton show that was an entirely media created the fake image. So how you doing. Welcome to the show. We have the news of the rage. Thanks for outraged, I tell you, as you can hear from the sound of Joe's voice, he is outraged. I uh stepped on the scale and got punched in the face again. The struggle is real. So that will continue to be a big part of my life view that there is more to me to love. Yes, the struggle against the real colonial oppressor gravity. Yeah. Yeah. And I just heard this as I walked in the door. I was very happy to hear this. Sometimes the government does things, I like the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, whatever that is. I'm sure they have a budget of eighteen trillion dollars is I'm like, uh, we're gonna get new rules in the United States for the way they share your data. Finally, and it should really really put a dent in the every time you buy something, it means they sell all your data and now you get texts and emails from fifty different companies you've never done business with. That'd be like an account of each and every datum. Personally, is that that's the singular of data, right datum? Don't ask me. I et latino. I don't speak that. I don't know that sounds fantastic, but I would love if that happened. And the other news story I saw just as I was walking through the door. Did you see sixty minutes on Sunday night? I did not, Oh man. The first story about Notre Dame was really good because they've unveiled the remaking of the cathedral there in part oh after that horrible fire years ago two thousand. Artisans who like still have the old timey specialty of certain kinds of woodworking and metal forging and stuff like that at you know, like kind of people you see at the Fair of blacksmith that sort of sure still has those skills doing stuff in the old timey way, and they real beat the whole thing and it looks absolutely amazing. It's good to go for many many more centuries now. Yeah. I saw Twitter thread on it the other day, and I agree it was astounding. Unfortunately, those old timey craftsmen will be boring friends and relatives with the tales of their grade moment for the rest of their natural lives.
Speaker 2: Finally, somebody wanted my skill.
Speaker 1: The phone rang. Do you know who it was? It was? Yeah, it was the Assistant Minister of Antiquities. You've told me the story like five times. It was the Assistant Minister of Antiquities, and he said, we need an ivery smith. Oh my god. Ah. I I laying in bed last night watching John Stewart on The Daily Show, Tara part Joe Biden for that pardoner you're still outraged about.
Speaker 2: It was really good stuff.
Speaker 1: It was mostly visual Unfortunately we can't play it on the air because it was just so much visually. But it was really really good and it was uh, it was what most of America is feeling about.
Speaker 2: The whole thing is just Okay, we get it.
Speaker 1: So you're rich and powerful, you get to do things, you get to you get to complain about all this stuff, but it happens to you. You have to get around the world, and you lied for years about I'm not gonna pardon my son, and then you do just al whatever. And now people are coming out and saying, yeah, we had a meeting about it, and we said we're gonna claim he's not going to, but then he's going to, and don't don't be a little KJP continues to deny. This is as you're you know, indicating this is one of those news stories that does not confuse or distort or cloud people's understanding. This is clarity, folks, This is the way it really is. Fox and Friends was saying KJP should have resigned yesterday and said, I'm not going out there and defending this. I went out there. I've actually got the list. Put out the list yesterday somebody did of all the dates that Joe Biden. Oh yeah, said The Hill, which is a liberal newspaper website, put out all the dates that they officially made the statement that Joe Biden wouldn't pardon Hunter. And it's a lot of them and KGP should have resigned and said you can't, you can't. I can't. I went out there fifteen times with my own mouth and said you weren't gonna Borro, and now I can't go out there and explain why all of a sudden you're changing your mind unless you're gonna give me something better to say.
Speaker 2: That would have been an honorable thing to do, I think.
Speaker 1: And but you know, well, if your boss repeatedly makes you look like a jackass, the only reason you don't resign is because you are indeed a jackass, And so why would you John Stuart plag maybe we had this clip yesterday, but it was one when Joe Biden was asked by David Muir on ABC News. He was more specific and because David Muir said, have you made a decision, and he said, yes, I have, and I'm not going to pardon my son. So he specifically said, you know, I've thought it over, made the decision and this is what I've decided, right right well, And you know, there's part of me that feels like there's no point in trying to point out the dishonesty of it and squaring his statements with the result. But it's probably worth going through at least a little bit in that he said he made the decision and then apparently he changed his mind, But he didn't say, Look, I changed my mind out of an outpouring of love for my son, and I know people won't disapprove. No, he he strung together this utterly ridiculous, condemned on all sides, just unforgivably fanciful account of how his own justice department singled out his boy and because of the pressure of the Republicans that persecuted him.
Speaker 2: They how did him like I get escaped convict.
Speaker 1: When everybody but he knows it was exactly the opposite. You've got iris whistleblowers coming out and saying and risking their entire lives and careers, saying, Hey, this guy committed all sorts of crimes and we're letting them get away with it. What's happening here? Yes, Brenton, Joe, die or resign or go away? Yeah, Sir. John Stewart on The Daily Show had a different point about that, but I think that will be in our opening clips. So let's start the show officially. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this It is Tuesday, December third, there, twenty twenty four. Life will not be a born twenty four. It certainly hasn't. And we are Armstrong, You Getti. We approved of this program. All right, let's begin then officially according to f SEC rules of regulations, here we go at Mark Shaid, I ad buy by the jury decision.
Speaker 3: I'll do that and I'll not.
Speaker 1: Partner, letting the world know that he will not wipe away the decision of twelve of his son's peers. Was asked directly, and he has said he wouldn't pardon his son if he gets convicted. Let's see what happens if he loveses. Yeah, but I mean, but he said it. He's going to get pardoned by his dad. There's no question about that. The President has ruled out pardoning his son. Major commitment from the President accepting the outcome of the trial and also pledging not to pardon his son. We are nine minutes of talking heads and commentators saying, this man has made it clear that he's not going to this question should stop coming. He's a man of honor, he's old Scranton Joe. Well. The thing John Stewart is most outraged about. He had a montage of Democrats during the campaign talking about the difference between Democrats and Republicans.
Speaker 2: We believe the courts, we accept the results.
Speaker 1: Even our president with his own son, has said he will accept the results and will not pardon him because we believe in the And John Stewart's thing was, Okay, you're a dad, you decide to partner your kid.
Speaker 2: Lots of us would have done that. We can all understand that.
Speaker 1: But you sent all those people out there to say this when you were planning to do this all along.
Speaker 2: That not good at all.
Speaker 1: No, they're they're liars. They are lying liars. They have no principles. All they do they use principles as weapons. They don't actually own those principles. They don't internalize them. They put them on and take them off like a jacket. Then go, yeah, we talked about the tax stuff yesterday, so you're the party of when will the rich pay their fair share? And then here's a rich guy who wasn't paying anything, let alone his fair share, and feloniously lying about it and covering it up. Yes, but the gun part, I was watching zoom thing with Spicer, Trump's former White House spokesperson say it. The Democrats are done. They can't ever talk about guns again. They're always talking about background checks and registration and wanting more registration. Here and there you got Hunter Biden who didn't register, lied on registration, took the gun through it and threw it in the bushes near a school, right and you're gonna and he gets off, and combine, please, with coast to coast, you have Democrat das who refuse to add gun enhancements to prosecutions. For instance, they refuse to prosecute people for gun offenses at all if those people happen to be more tan than me. So please quit with your phony, phony principles. So mostly, of course it all gets covered as one side's up, one sides down, our side against your side. This makes you look bad, blah blah blah. But sure, ultimately the thirty thousand foot view, which bothers me, is just more cynicism, just more nobody believes anything, nobody trusts any of it, nobody takes any of it seriously. That is not good. That is not good. As we reach I don't know. I thought we have reached peak cynicism many times, but we keep going further.
Speaker 2: How would you blame us?
Speaker 1: How would you blame us for feeling this way? We the public? You know, I wish I had the AI at work. I could do you a quick illustration in Twitter so you can see what I'm thinking, what I see in my mind. But what I'm seeing is a big field. It's like a spectrum of naivete. And then over here there's bitter cynicism, a big it's probably dark purple. But right there in the middle is like a narrow band of realism. Somewhere between delusional naivete and being scammed by these politicians ridiculous promises and then being so pissed off you can't you don't even care anymore. Somewhere is the sweet spot of being skeptical yet caring. That's what I would like to lead you all to. Somehow I will fail at this, but it keeps me busy during the day. Yeah, they don't make it easy. Gives me off those streets how about Trump saying, and then we'll take our break. How about Trump saying to Trudeau yesterday Trudeau was saying, our economy would collapse, Our economy would collapse with those tarraffs, and Trump says, you can't survive with those with those tariffs. Well, then why don't you become our fifty first state and you can be the governor? Hilarious and and Trudeau laughed uneasily. What I'm to say to a foreign leader? Anyway?
Speaker 2: How does mailbag look? It's it's quite good.
Speaker 1: Let's get to it text line four one, five, two nine five k FTZ players. By the way, we'll get back to it later in the show. But there is some reporting and a couple of different news places about how the pardon decision was made and how Jill was pushing it and how they came to that conclusion over Thanksgiving and everything. And we'll talk about that later. Just as long as the Biden family's out of politics and gone, please go away, go away, mummy. Here's your freedom loving quote of the day. It's from Jay William Fulbright. Perhaps you've heard of him. The Scholarship, et cetera. Continuing our series on law is the essential foundation of stability and order, both within societies and in international relations. I would point out that a society or in international relationship, if you have no sanctions that will be enforced and are sufficient to discourage the undesired behavior, then you don't have law. International law is mostly a joke, and I would argue that the postmodernist, neo Marxist Democratic Party has turned domestic lawn into a bit of a joke too. But we'll see whether Donald Jay and his troops can overcome that mailbag. You who Matthew, Idaho farmhand right? Oh, it's mail bag at Armstrong in getty dot com. Drop us a note sometimes continue, good to have you back. You're missed, but it's great to have the refreshed perspective and added verve that you bring back from vacation. All the verve I'm afraid of underver But anyway, thank you. He's gonna remind me to bet on politics because I predict these things, and I never lay any money down because I just don't think of it. But anyway, and then he says, on the rush of gay marriages and preparations for Trump's certain crackdown, it reminds me reminds one of Obama's on sets, A certain crowd rushed to by firearms dead off is his expected dismantling of the Second Amendment. Come on, American, why must we veer from guardrail to guardrail? Steady? Now? Yeah that's true. Yeah, that's true. Here's a certain personality that enjoys the crisis. Oh absolutely, yeah. Yeah, to get fired up, to be afraid, to be under threat, to join together to fight the evil to it's a good feeling. I think it's part of us as human beings. You just gotta be careful where you direct it. Anyway. One of my favorite notes of the day and the week probably from Mary in the Hoe more than guys on the We agree thankfully that the Black Friday craze seems to be over, but for some reason, people are still looking back all wistfully on that nonsense like it was awesome and being all remember when we'd wake up super early and it would be pitch black and crowded and freezing. Ma'am, you're describing being a coal miner in eighteen thirty six. Resist me much, Mary in the Hoe. Thank you, Mary, that's very funny.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Eric in Beautiful Astoria Oregon, guys, on your excellent program Monday, in vote to General Che's Chicken in the same vein as the Chinese Communist Party. I'm sorry the Chinese Communist Horde Sacre Blue. As you well know, General Cho's Chicken was created by the personal chef to none other than Generallyssiumo Chang Kai Shek, whose anti communist credentials against Chaikom tyranny are incontrovertible. I expect a full public retraction. Consider it retracted. And I'd happen to know your nickname is not stir Fries, so don't sign your emails like that. See what's up, stir Fry. Here's a Tommy in Texas. Let's see on the topic of Hunter. Sorry, guys, if my fifty four year old son was in this much trouble, I'd let him rot in jail. I'd feel sorry, I might be ashamed I didn't raise him correctly, but I'd let him face the consequences. It's not like he's an eighteen year old punk. He's fifty four. Well, he's been set out sober for five years. And if you believed he's you know, turned it around, Yeah, well then why didn't he say, hey, when I was wasted, I didn't pay my taxes. I need to get this right. No, he lied and perjured and covered up when he was so he was busy becoming a painter. All right. Anyway, Tommy goes on to say, Hunter's a scumbag. Do you think it's possible he went to Dad and said, pardon me, or I'll write a book about us, or go to the press and tell him something about our sideline business hosing down governments for profit. I think it was probably an unspoken understanding, Tommy, But you're on the right. Yeah, more on that to come. Obviously a lot of people wanted to weigh in. Yeah, that's a good one. So uh, we didn't mention what's going on around the world much yesterday. And what's good? How about Syria? Wow?
Speaker 2: Did that explode over the last couple of days.
Speaker 1: And Russia and Iran's involved in that whole bunch of different stuff we can talk about to day.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 4: We are seeing the woman who managed to sneak past airport workers and onto an international delta flight from JFK to Paris. According to sources, the woman was so unruly she had to be removed and she remains in France. The TSA says the woman bypassed the ID check podium, went through security, then slipped past a Delta gate agent. The crew and passengers noticing the woman would never sit down.
Speaker 2: During the flight.
Speaker 1: She was seen moving from one laboratory to another, never actually going to a passenger seat.
Speaker 4: French officials telling ABC News the suspected stowaway passenger is a Russian national and a legal resident of the US.
Speaker 1: And I wasn't paying attention to beginning she got on it JFK. Is that what I remember? Yeah, so, and oh, there'd never be any terrorism at JFK. And I don't want to come off as uh, you know, because you can't. You can't be one hundred percent right on a TSA. They're never going to get it, all right. But the pat down of my son that lasted a ridiculously long time, got pulled out a line and like going up the crotch and around the back and under his hat and then looked behind his ears because his hair is long, and just like they might have grenades back there. Since no white teenagers have ever done anything ever in the history of airfare, but this woman just walks in and gets.
Speaker 2: On a plane. I just I just feel like I don't know what.
Speaker 1: Are you doing? Yeah, there need to be more whistleblowers from the TSA, more of the blue shirts. You come forward and say, hey, here's what they make us do, and we got to check a box and show we did this number of that. Well, when they need to have a vote, when we'll raise our hands in somebody way up. I can count all across America the raising of the hands, how many people would be okay with? How about you don't pull out randomly people so it makes looky look like you look makes it look like you check young women, babies, and white kids the same amount as you check islam Muslim men from Africa who are twenty five years old. How about we don't worry you're chanting angrily under their breast.
Speaker 2: How we don't worry about that?
Speaker 1: And they just go with like their gut feeling who they think might be somebody to worry about. You have so diagnosed it. Yeah, there it is, k there it is yeah, I know. Speaking of law and order, Well, this is just a lovely, lovely development. There are so many people getting their packages porch pirated that you can now get insurance on your delivery. Nearly half of shoppers expect to have at least one delivery get snatched up during this holiday season.
Speaker 2: WHOA, I've never had that hat.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess I have a very minor I left my pallette of water sitting outside that the door dash delivered way too long and somebody took it. I think that's like a whole pallette of pallette. But I get them by the twenty four pack of the bottles. Oh okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, I just didn't bring it in. Yeah. Thieves who grab packages off the front porch would become so common that shoppers now spend hundreds of dollars to protect themselves. Ah to tur the porch pirates, Americans are shelling out for such high gadgets as doorbell cameras four hundred dollars, lock boxes, self service locker rental. Interesting. I'll bet that's gonna become a thing everybody will have, like a little locked like the trunk sitting by the door. It'll just be part of every house and delivery box. Well, I would agree, and it'll be sunk into the concrete and impossible to move. And that sort of thing, depending on the quality you get. Also to deter the the scumbag thieves. I almost hate to call them porch pirates because it brings to mind Johnny Depp and are in good times. No, they're they're I almost used an unfortunate word on the air. That's imagine the kids and how shocked they would have been. I'm glad I didn't. But they're blanken thieves. They're scumbags. To deter them, oh said that already. Now, there's also insurance porch Pals, a subscription based startup that launches nationwide yesterday, I guess says it will cover the cost of your stolen packages one hundred and twenty bucks a year, covers up to two thousand dollars worth of deliveries or up take three claims in this case, which is your case, is probably the way it works. You having tried to collect on a ups thing in a variety of other insurance policies I've purchased before, it is, but not in this case except in high crime areas. Yeah, exactly, which they will declare the day that you get your things stolen? Right? Did you request a special signed for personal fingerprinted delivery. What now, sorry, oh right, reec. Yeah, which is a pain in the ass. And except for really really expensive stuff I'm never going to do because I'm not home. Yeah, I will concede that a portion of the lawlessness of porch piratry is just opportunity, because I mean, back in the day, you just didn't have nearly you didn't have a fraction of the stuff sitting on your front porches as people do these days. On the other end, part of it's just another example of the current of lawlessness, the feeling that minor and medium and sometimes major offenses are ignored in this postmodern neo Marxist the justice regime that the George Gascones of the world, and you know the list, Kim Fox, all these people. Well, as you mentioned, it brought us, as you mentioned last week or a week before that, in a lot of neighborhoods my neighborhood, your neighborhood, there's a FedEx or Amazon or ups van constantly coming and going.
Speaker 2: I mean it's constant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And because so many people get so many things or door dash or the target delivery, which I do, and I live in a neighborhood where it's unlikely that you know, anything's gonna get stolen, so I don't worry about it much. But I'll bet we do come up with a fix for this, and that makes sense to me. Every home will have some sort of lock box thingy, or you could execute porch pirates like we did horse thieves hangings. I don't know. I'm just thinking out of the box here, so to speak. Current lawlessness is a big part of this, so much of it as culture, and I think about this a lot. I find it fascinating. I don't know what you can do about it. But I grew up in cultures my whole life where it left your door open and your keys in your car. Everybody did and it wasn't a problem ever. And you remember the movie Bowling for Columbine way back in the day, Michael Moore was up in Canada and going around and amused that he could go through this neighborhood and just walk up and open people's doors. Their doors are unlocked. You can have a culture where that is the thing. How do you hold on to that, I don't know, or how do you get it back? Part of it is what you were saying, you have to punish people who violated. Yeah, but that's not what was going on any of the places I lived.
Speaker 2: It just didn't happen.
Speaker 1: Well, right, Part of that was a sense of community and all that implies a a common set of values, which is incredibly important and which we have to a large extent given away in the name of diversity and immigration and such in the United States. And there are absolutely pluses and minuses to everything. I'm not saying it's entirely one or the other. You have that a loss of common cultural values, loss of repercussions, and we just don't know, oh our neighbors. It used to be the humiliation of being branded a scumbag was enough to keep people in line. You'd be born, you'd grow up, you might croak in the same town, John Mellencamp style, and so no, you didn't, dare run a foul of your community's standards.
Speaker 2: This is a very Burkian notion.
Speaker 1: But the culture thing is so much bigger than we give it credit, and impossible to understand how you create it or get it back or mold it right. Once it's off track. To the point that you're aware it's off track, you've got a hell of a task and well you might have centuries to change out. I don't have that all right, So yeah, another great example of what's going on, what we can do about it, and we can do something about it after a word from our friends at Omaha Steaks. The perfect gift for the stake lover in your family. They don't need more stuff to put in an addic. What they need is he's incredibly delicious Omaha Steaks and much much more. And we got a great deal for you right now. I gotta admit, before we started getting involved in Omaha Steaks, I just thought it was the stakes and I'd ordered the steaks before because they were fantastic, But I didn't know about the hamburgers, the hot dogs, the apple tartlets and the potatoes, all the different stuff. Anyway, right now fifty off site wide at Omaha Steaks dot com plus plus score an extra thirty dollars off with the promo code Armstrong. And I'm telling you, the quality of the beef is spectacular. It is really really good. And for that steak lover again, it's a fabulous gift. They'll think of you every time they crack open. They're fabulous package from Omaha Steaks fifty percent off site wide plus use that code armstrong for an additional thirty dollars off. Minimum purchases may apply. Of course, you can't go and buy one Hamburger and get that deal. Go to Omaha Steaks dot com. Remember that code armstrong. Oh, Maha Steaks dot com and the code is armstrong. This headline is so great from the Free Press, Olivia Reinold. No wonder he's smiling. He's gotten away with it so many times. It's a story about this TDA the trendy Aragua Venezuelan gang immigrant gang member robbed a Manhattan prosecutor inside her own home last month. Jeeze, man, if somebody came into my home to rob me, I would think I'm going to die. Well, here's the deal. It's worse than that. It was quite later, as after midnight, and a thirty eight year old woman, Yes, I would definitely think I was going to die. Oh yeah. A thirty eight year old woman is getting home in Hell's Kitchen near Times Square, New York City. Man followed her through the front door of her building. He demanded cash and motioned that he might have a gun in his pocket, so she tossed him her phone, ID in credit card, but then he cornered her and masturbated in front of her for several moments. According to prosecutor, you, well, the woman stood terrified, cowering in the corner of her Stairwe you this this young model citizen. Well, no, he's not a model anything. And he's not a citizen. Twenty five year old Brandon Simosa Venezuelan. Why are people saying migrant these days? Immigrant with links to TDA? And the woman he robbed was no ordinary victim. She's a New York City prosecutor who works to put scumbags like this guy behind bars. But the victim works for Alvin Bragg, the infamous Manhattan District Attorney. The very sort of guy was just talking about who has skipped across that there is downgraded sixty percent of felony cases the lesser charges, while declining to prosecute fourteen percent of all arrests last year. The anointed one, according to Lawrence O'Donnell, for going after Donald Trump for those ridiculed ills falsifying business records. Is better known for his track record of freeing criminals like and there's a long, long list But so anyway, this Samosa guy, that was his seventh arrest since June, and the New York authorities just kept turning him loose on the streets. What kind of society, getting back to our discussion of the way it used to be here is still this is a place? What sort of society do you think you're gonna end up with if a guy can get arrested seven times in When did this happen November? In six months barely with no repercussions? Good lord, I feel like the world has lost its mind. Right. That's well. We started the show talking about how the Hunter Biden pardon makes, you know, adds to cynicism. How about this, Well, the good news is we can't do anything about Hunter Biden unless there's some sort of major restructuring of the pardon power to the presidency. But voting for DA's, voting for county attorneys for the people who appoint them or run that sort of stuff. Man, that's got to become part of your political consciousness. I don't know, it is so crazy, and thank god it hasn't happened to me, although kind of practically did and got a similar reaction. But that woman might be pretty hard bitten being a prosecutor in New York City. But just for the average person, you basically get a gun stuck in your face, run rob a gunpoint, worried you're gonna die. Then the guy's masturbating in front of youst tonight, you think you're going to be raped. You would never be the same after that ever again in your life. You will never ever walk down a street at night into a room by yourself ever without thinking about that again in your life. And then when you find out the guy's been arrested seven times in the last six months and let go, I mean, how do you deal with that?
Speaker 2: With that going nuts?
Speaker 1: So I want to reapproach this next hour because obviously this is a problem in and of it self. But here's the deal. This Samosa scumbag is one of nearly two hundred and fifteen thousand immigrants the city is absorbed in just the last two years. And the word has gotten into Central America that a great, crazy, profitable place to do crimes is the United States of America, particularly this list of cities. So these guys are not well. I almost said they're not coming for a better life, but they are in a way. It's not the classic immigrant story. They're like, hey, you four, Jose Pedro whatever. We need you guys to get to New York City. You need to set up a crime syndicate and send the profits back to the main line. It's essentially opening field offices. Don't worry these criminal gangs, and don't worry if you get caught, to let you out again. Precisely yet on this guy and how it all works. Next hour, stay with us. We got Katie's headlines on the way. Stay here, Michael.
Speaker 2: I apologize. I just door dashed donuts to the radio station.
Speaker 1: Why well, I needed to door dash my cream because I'm out of my cream for my coffee and I gotta have my special cream. And I thought I get donuts because people bring donuts all time. I never bring anything. I'm a taker. Oh, I thought I was going to accuse you of KJP style rambling bull crap to just no, that's I'm buying that. That's good people bringing big goods all the time. I never bring anything. So I ordered some. But I could have gotten like bagels and cream, cheese or something healthy or what's that new healthy thing beans. I should have eaten some beans. Nice bean salad. It's good for you.
Speaker 2: A bean salad in the lunch room, Jack order it.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Let's figure out who's reporting what perhaps about beans. It's the lead story with Katie Green.
Speaker 2: Katie, Well, thank you guys.
Speaker 3: Starting with the NBC News Hunter Biden pardon fuels Trump's weaponization arguments.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, I mean bobs.
Speaker 1: The big other shoe to drop is it does Biden pardon his brother or any of the other people involved in this whole thing? And then it just becomes completely obvious when it's all about it's entirely possible. James Biden is sood am old it might not matter. But yeah, since he's not like up for being sentenced for anything, right, Joe Biden can wait till you know, the last hour in office, like presidents generally do, including Trump.
Speaker 3: From the New York Times, Cash Patel has a plan to remake the FBI into a tool of Trump.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pluses and minus says we can talk more about that down the road.
Speaker 3: And international news from CNN Deadley. Israeli strikes hit southern Lebanon after Hesbula attacks, testing.
Speaker 1: A shaky ceasefire agreement. Well, when they haven't ceased firing. I'd say it's a shaky ceasefire. Donald Jay yesterday the day before said give us the American hostages back by the time I get inaugurated, or we're going to hit you like you've never been it before. Where has that been an American foreign policy hal lujah.
Speaker 3: From NPR, US will send Ukraine seven hundred and twenty five million more dollars in arms and land.
Speaker 2: Mines Russia case.
Speaker 1: Russia has taken more territory in the last couple of weeks than at any point since the whole thing started. Wow, crazy, crazy Trump might be defunding in PR. There's certainly a move in that direction. Boy, would I'd love to see it.
Speaker 3: From ABC News, missing Hawaiian woman crossed freely into Mexico, according to Los Angeles police.
Speaker 1: I haven't been following that story, but I saw that update yesterday. What the hell?
Speaker 3: So this woman went missing, She apparently didn't board her flight on purpose, and her family's been searching for her to the point where her father committed suicide. What because this has been so hard on their family, and now they're saying they have footage of her crossing freely into Mexic.
Speaker 2: A councils alive? What's she up to?
Speaker 1: Mental illness? Thing? Is she meeting that dude from Wisconsin who made his way to Eastern Europe? What's happening here? Jack?
Speaker 3: This one's for you because you need to step up your inflatable decor game. And my post Long Island couple wants to make Christmas great again with a giant forty two foot three thousand dollars inflatable.
Speaker 1: Lawn Santa forty two foot a four story Santa building all of a sudden shows up in your neighborhood. Wow, you're gonna have to moor that thing to the ground like it's a radio tower or something.
Speaker 2: Wow. Planes will hit it.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: And finally from the Babylon Bee Hunter, Biden asks.
Speaker 2: If he can get his baggy of cocaine back from the White House.
Speaker 1: Now, come on, boy, I get it. Some of the reporting out today, I think is in the New York Times is that Joe is really worried that a sentencing would cause his son to go back to using drugs, that it endangers his sobriety really factored into his decision making a sweeping pardon for any crime that could conceivably have been committed in an eleven year period. That is more sweeping than Richard Nixon's Pardon to Heal the Nation given by Gerald Ford. It is astounding. Yeah, we got a lot more on that an hour too. If you miss an hour or a segment, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty