Speaker 1: Are you ready to win real money this march Mania tournament? Are you struggling to choose which team will pull an upset? I forget about the teams. All you need to focus on are the player stats. To rack up the big cash prizes with Draft Kings Pick six and when it comes to massive payouts, Draft Kings dunks all over the competition. Pick six is available in most states, including states like Missouri, California, Texas, Georgia, and more. Track your picks for a shot to win huge cash prizes. It is as simple as that. Turn your march Manian knowledge into cash. Today, new players get fifty dollars and Pick six credits instantly with just a five dollars entry. Download the Draft Kings Pick six app now use the code Bobby Sports. That's the code Bobby Sports for new customers to play five dollars, get fifty dollars and Pick six credits, better payouts, bigger wins, and a lot of the places that maybe you haven't been able to play. Missouri, California, Texas, Georgia and so many more. Now you can download the app now use the code Bobby Sports.
Speaker 2: Gambling problem called one hundred Gambler helps ale for problem gambling called eight to eight seven eight nine seven to seven seven seven are visit CCPG dot organ Connecticut. Must be eighteen plus. Age and eligibility restrictions vary by jurisdiction. Pick six not available everywhere, including New York and Ontario. Void were prohibited one per new customer, but it's awarded as non wood drawable Pick six credits that expire in fourteen days limited time offers. See terms at Pick six dop DraftKings dot com slash promos.
Speaker 3: It's a podcast called twenty five Wists Tucking Basketball and they all went on a whist So, yeah, it's too bad, but what did you expect? It's a podcast called twenty five.
Speaker 4: Whistles twenty line wins.
Speaker 1: Hey, welcome to the show. Blow. That was so thanks. You got Brian Anderson coming up later. Brian called six games over the weekend called four day one, two day two. Can you imagine call a four basketball.
Speaker 4: In one game? I bet you're like dreaming squeaks and drip ball.
Speaker 1: Dribbles and imagine all the search to do before.
Speaker 4: Yeah too, But.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the team's mixed up, like we're doing one game and you just did another one. You know that'd be kind of hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you probably would though, because you're you're that's true, you're kind of lowercase star capitol.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, yeah, you probably you were met.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: That's too big time for you. But anyway, we're gonna be on a little bit. The interview went so well. I I was like, hey, dude, you're cool. So I sound my number and he text me back. Really yeah, that easy. I guess I love that dude. But it was awesome. So that's coming up. Uh easy, quick question? How many brackets are you in? Don't lie too and Okay, it mostly is are your final four teams still in? Like you could be losing now, but if you if you've lost one of your final four final two, you're done.
Speaker 5: Actually one yes, the other one no, because I had Saint John's in there.
Speaker 1: Good for you.
Speaker 4: So when you ask, when you ask the question how many brackets do you have, it's like how many? Like yeah, but is it like one bracket, like did you pick the same teams for.
Speaker 1: The No, what's how many are you in overall?
Speaker 4: Because like because like some people like they have one bracket but they enter I'm.
Speaker 1: Familiar with the game. Yeah, I'm asking how many are you in?
Speaker 5: Okay, but you have one? Like one is your main bracket you.
Speaker 1: Have to write. I'm asking how many are you in?
Speaker 6: Too?
Speaker 1: Thank you Eddie.
Speaker 4: Three.
Speaker 1: That's not about you, guys. I'm nobody's judging I have three.
Speaker 4: Weird because people judge me and I have three different brackets. I'm in three different brackets, and I have three different picks, so I have three different variations of.
Speaker 1: And that's the ability. I mean that I wouldn't do that. That's a loser thing to.
Speaker 4: Do, but that's exactly what.
Speaker 1: But I'm just, oh my god. I think there's one that you do immediately when they're announced, one that you do with your head, one that you can do with your heart.
Speaker 4: Interesting.
Speaker 1: I think if you do those three, that's okay. But still it's kind of like loser because it's like you got three chances.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeh, that's it's like insurance.
Speaker 1: But honestly, I don't care enough to have a real emotion about it. I was just wondering how many you are in?
Speaker 4: So I do one that I really believe in, Like this is what I watched basketball all season.
Speaker 1: I guess it's the one doing the best in. Yeah, okay, thank you, thanks for being honest.
Speaker 4: And then I try to do a cute one where I'm like, oh, give me Clemson to go all the way and then you lose it at first round.
Speaker 1: Really nice, that's rough, Yeah, cute.
Speaker 4: I only did one.
Speaker 7: I just went with my gut, but it's completely dismantled.
Speaker 1: So I did one, and I only I wasn't going to do any but I have a friend who's the assistant athletic director at or Roberts, and he was like, hey, would you mind getting in because if you do, then I'll be like, Bobby Bones is in it, so other people will get in. And so I'm in that one and I think there's like one hundred people. I'm fourth right now. It doesn't matter right now. It's good, yes, but it doesn't matter because you get the most points whenever your team are advancing to eight, four and two. Yeah, so I am fourth right now. I will say this though, that my winner is still in it, baby, because I'm a bracket. I forgot what I said the day of the show. But I'm in the top ninety eight percent overall all ESPN.
Speaker 4: Okay, wow, I don't know if that's good or not it sounds good. I agree whatever it means, it sounds awesome. Yeah, it sounds good.
Speaker 1: But I have Auburn to win, so if they win the whole thing, I think I'll end up winning this bracket.
Speaker 4: Do you like that pick? Though, like after watching kind of how everyone's performing so far.
Speaker 1: Sure, I mean, Duke looks awesome, but Dude looked awesome, And I'm just not gonna pick Duke. But Duke looks awesome.
Speaker 4: Duke is destroying everyone that comes in.
Speaker 1: It looks so good. Yesterday I lost a lot of money on Kentucky yesterday, not because I did not. Illinois was a two and a half point favorite I think before the game, so I didn't touch it because I thought Kentucky would win the game anyway. Yeah, but I I had like nine hundred bucks in my I have Kings account, and because I did put a thousand on Auburn to win the whole thing.
Speaker 4: That's cool. And they were how what were their odds at the beginning?
Speaker 1: I think there were plus four hundred.
Speaker 4: That's very good.
Speaker 1: So whatever money I had in I bet Illinois plus eight and a half and I think that it was a by nine or something like that at the end or something like that, or if they made the final shot. So I lost a lot of money on that one.
Speaker 4: But if you're betting, if you're betting a lot of upsets, you had a bad weekend. Yeah, I bet it damuch mad that much.
Speaker 3: Mad.
Speaker 1: I was out of the country, so I can only bet it.
Speaker 4: You lucked out. I'm telling you lucked out.
Speaker 1: Like I'm as you can see here, I'm fourth overall in this group at or Roberts University of Golden Eagles, and I have Auburn because they have Duke. No one player has Duke, but only up by twenty points. Nobody's pretty close.
Speaker 4: You got everyone different too, above you Florida.
Speaker 1: Florida, Houston, Michigan State, and I have Auburn.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 5: Nice.
Speaker 1: So somebody Saint John's at eight loser? Hey the Arkansas Kansas game?
Speaker 3: I want.
Speaker 1: I watched that thing at two o'clock in the morning at a hotel in Vienna, Austria, on a phone. I wasn't even getting like a legitimate feed because nothing. You can't YouTube TV, what else ESPN they will. First of all, you can't watch them outside of America. Second of all, you can't even get a VPN. They're they're smart enough to know they're being VPND. So there's nothing I could do. So I had to like find any but I stayed up watched the whole thing. We won. It was awesome. And then I did something that I claim I never do. I did something that I'm not proud of. I did something I hope I never have to do again.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, what are we talking about here?
Speaker 1: I know? And it happened Saturday afternoon. So Saturday afternoon, we were getting on a flight flying back from Austria. No, we flew to London, Austria, London, London, back to Nashville because it's a direct flight from Nashville to London. It's awesome, I've done it.
Speaker 4: It's it's sweet.
Speaker 1: It is right crazy, And so I'm like, I'll just get the game. Was that like to just watch it? Get on the flight. Can't wait. It's a nine hour flight, but I'm watching him on the flight. Cut cut the thing half? Uh would sorry to let you guys know we don't have internet.
Speaker 4: No, no, it's the worst thing you can hear.
Speaker 1: Nine hours. First of all, just straight out nine hours no internet. That sucks. Two, the game was on while I was on the flight. There was a whole purpose of the whole thing, and I'm like, no, you got to be kidding me. I'm like trying to troubleshoot the whole plane. Like I'm now the guy that's trying to fix the internet for the whole plane, just so I can. And they're like, Sarah, we're not gonna have there's no Wi Fi.
Speaker 4: They shouldn't let the plane leave the ground.
Speaker 1: And it's like I would have stayed. I would have stayed back for a four hour later watch it. I literally would have some I'm pissed, but there's nobody to be pissed at, so it's a weird. It's like just I'm pissed.
Speaker 4: But I'm confused, can't do anything about it.
Speaker 1: Where to send this emotion. And my wife knows I'm upset. She's like, there's nothing you can do. So this is what I do. So I get on up, get on the plane. You can't text me because there's no Wi Fi. That's good, obviously there's no cell About thirty minutes before we land, I shut my phone off smart I do not have my phone on for six hours. I know because I have YouTube TV every game, they have every game recorded. I go and I do my fingers over my eyes. You know how little kids will do peaky boo with I turn my YouTube TV on. I do peaky boo only to see the one little part of it where I can catch the game and a hit play. I pull back my phone stayed off the entire game. I watched the entire game.
Speaker 4: Wow and how how delayed.
Speaker 1: Four and a half five hours. I am not mister watch live sports recorded. I hate it because I hate having to avoid everything. But I waited the whole year for this, the whole every game is for this, and to watch this play Saint John's and we won it got ty for a little bit. It did, it did. Yeah, but I I did Peaky Boo on my fingers. I wouldn't see people were texting me. Luckily my phone wasn't on at all because people were texting me soon as the game was over.
Speaker 6: Like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I tried my phone back on though it was when once the game was over, because I wouldn't turn it on during the game. Yeah, So left it off and watched it. Awesome. We're going sweet sixteen Texas Tech next. I hope we kicked the crap out of him. I like Texas Tech that we had to coach on. He was awesome. So uh yeah, that was it.
Speaker 5: That's it, the one, the one bright spot though. You got to fast forward through commercials.
Speaker 1: Right, No, I suffered through them, like I should.
Speaker 6: They want to do it.
Speaker 1: They paid it the Capital one one commercials in a half time you even half to listening. They deserve to make me watch this.
Speaker 4: So but but the rule there though, is you got to text. Like I first off, I didn't even think about texting you both games because like I don't know where you are, I don't know if you're watching. I just didn't want to, not want to risk that. But the rule is like you start with a you watching, and if you get no response, you don't talk about the game.
Speaker 6: It's like a U up, yes, well.
Speaker 1: I didn't think about that. I just think that's it, you know.
Speaker 4: I like that rule. You watching, and then if it's silence, you'd be like, Okay, they might not be watching, so I'm not going to ruin this for them.
Speaker 5: I've never heard that either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've not heard that. I don't mind it though, but I just had turned everything off. There's no getting a hold of me. And it worked. It rarely rarely does with sports that are recorded. Yeah, almost impossible, especially if it's a game. It's a Top twenty five game or a tournament game or a playoff game football, it's impossible to avoid it. So I was I was off the off the.
Speaker 4: Grid, Really you were. Did you have a feeling though, like, what was your internal feeling while the game was going?
Speaker 1: To tell you this and I don't like it, and I've not told her this, but my wife comes in because she looks up the game and as soon as we land, she looks it up and she doesn't say anything to me, but she walks in and as the game is like midway through the first half, and she goes, I know, well, your mood's going to be like when this game is over, and she walked out.
Speaker 5: That's brutal.
Speaker 4: But I like it because it can go either way.
Speaker 1: But you know, the way that I took it was we won, and I never take it that we win. I didn't like that. I wish you wouldn't have done that.
Speaker 4: So you did have the gut instinct that you had won.
Speaker 1: It was only instinct because there was real no data. It was just how she said it, And then I started evaluating why she would have said it. Would she have come and said that had she known I was going to be here, So then I'm doing mental gymnastics. Never feel like we're gonna win, but I felt like we were going to pull through it because she did that, So we want work sixteenths awesome, that's great. Yeah, thank you. Anybody else's team is still in a team, have a team? No, No, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I was reading for Lipscomb, but now they didn't do it and they kind of jumped out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean the boat like went off the shore and they jumped on me quickly. Tense is awesome though.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was great.
Speaker 1: And they're playing Kentucky. Kentucky to beat him twice already, but I got a feeling that ain't gona happen. But the other thing that sucks about the Arkansas game is it's in San Francisco next round.
Speaker 4: That's a long travel.
Speaker 1: It's the farthest place I could possibly go.
Speaker 4: But they're playing text so they need to travel that far too.
Speaker 1: But I'm talking about for me, you don't get by you know what it does the team playing in Soul Korea. I'm talking about me getting there.
Speaker 6: Night.
Speaker 1: So I can't go because it's this show.
Speaker 5: I was wondering.
Speaker 1: I was like, can I go if if it were a Friday, could possibly make that because I'm gonna go fill in for rich Eisen for a couple of days in La next week. Nice and so, but I can't do a Thursday.
Speaker 5: Well, if they win, I know you probably don't want to talk about that.
Speaker 4: Where did they go that.
Speaker 5: Saturday they play against in San Francisco?
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't talk about it. I don't Okay, okay, okay, we don't talk about that. Yeah, yeah, we don't talk about But it was it was cool. It's cool to win. I mean, we've gone to this Sweet sixteen like three the last four years, I think. But still it's always it's crazy because for so long we didn't, but must was great and count we sucked this year for a lot of the year we got. It didn't matter. This is not an arkisas the show, but anyway, it was good.
Speaker 5: Was it cool for you to go against Patino?
Speaker 6: Too?
Speaker 5: Like the whole Calipari Patino thing? Because for me, as a fan with like no real dog in the fight.
Speaker 1: I was like, this is great.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, they made that on TV like they kind of made that a little bit suspect.
Speaker 5: Hall of Fame coaches.
Speaker 1: It wasn't cool for me personally because I I'm not a Kentucky guy. It's true, like history wise, that's kind of cool. But they've already play each other before. If it was the first time, it had been different, I think, and I was, I'm not a Kentucky guy, so I can give a crap. All Kentucky was shooting for Saint John's because they want Caw to lose. But b Yu Sweet sixteen. Pope left b Yu to go to Kentucky's. They thought by you would fall off. They didn't.
Speaker 5: They look great, Uh b Yu.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Cal left Arkansas to left Kentucky go to Arkansas. So they thought Kentucky would fall off. They didn't because Pope's there. Arkansas didn't because they didn't. Because so all three of the teams that are in that little love triangle are still Sweet sixteen.
Speaker 4: And and does Patino have a son that coaches.
Speaker 1: To Uh, he would and watch his son. He's a coach player coach now he's a coach too. Yeah, I did see him.
Speaker 4: Yesterday, like, that's weird that he's in the sands with then.
Speaker 6: Was it?
Speaker 1: N I t or I think he's on New Mexico. Yeah, I was an assistant coach. No, he's the main guy he is. Yeah, I have no idea.
Speaker 4: I did not know that a scarf or something, and.
Speaker 5: I didn't I didn't see him.
Speaker 1: I heard him talking about I've been so tired for like last week. It was just you the scarf, wasn't that was you. I had no idea how to wear one. I'll be with you. It was cold. We were in Paris. It was freaking cold, and so I had the coat and I told my wife person I went up, my face hurts and my neck hurts. She was, I have two scarves. I was like okay, And I put it on and all I did was wrap it like toilet paper. And she was like, it looks like you were on a neck brace. And I was like, well, I don't know how to wear a scarf. So then I put it on and I took it and I did the thing, and she goes, well, now you look like Edgar Allan Poe. But we'll just go with that. So I wore that and then We went into side of a store and they were selling scarves and I saw how they were and they were hung on like poles, but like like like a tie kind of thing. So I started wearing that. I felt much cooler.
Speaker 4: There there you go.
Speaker 1: But they do help, though, don't they game change?
Speaker 5: I never wore one in California obviously, and then here with the blizzards, I'm like, oh my gosh, these are amazing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you guys wear vests.
Speaker 1: No, never wear vest I would wear them fishing. We had different different I mean for warm no never, I never understand. And I was like, why would I I want my arms to be warm too, correct I wear vest guys, Yeah, I don't get it, like only your nipples get cold.
Speaker 5: It's different. Well, you wear a long sleeve underneath. That's kind of like a style thing too, you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, quickly around the room, I what's your headline for March Madness so far? If you had to give me one single headline, I'll go to you first, Eddie.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go with the McNeice trainer or a manager team manager who like was famous for two days. That's pretty awesome. Too bad your team's out. You're no longer there, but the cheerleaders had socks with his face on it. Players had socks with his face on it. He got an ni L deal out of it. I think now he's going, yeah, that's crazy, so good for that kid, man.
Speaker 1: I like Will Wade. I I don't care. I was on some calls when Arkantasll hired Calipari CALIPERI. I still get confused on which one's That's why I had no idea, Like there there are certain boosters that know stuff. There's the next level that knows after the certain and I'm usually either in the top ish tier or the secondary of the top ist tier, like I usually find out pretty quick. I had no idea they were hiring coach cal right and I was on a call about Will hiring Will Wade and what I thought about it, how can we get money for it? It was very unofficial. There was I'll just say this, there's nobody from the university on the call, but I Will Wade get in trouble LSU for you know, being recorded paying the player that cause all this time basic Now Yeah, it's like Reggie Bush, You're bad. It's like it's all legal getting out. Yeah, it gets the Heisman back. I love will Wade because I hated Will Wade because Will Wade was out of control and maldi and but he won. Same reason. People don't like coach col More Muss. I'd say, my big energy, big energy guys. I really like Will Wade. I wanted to be the coach at Arkansas. That was my pick to be the coach at Arkansas until coach Cock came out of nowhere and John Tyson paid six million dollars.
Speaker 4: They're like, that's a pretty good pick.
Speaker 1: I was like, you know what, Hey, what do I know?
Speaker 6: We'll roll with that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, well Wade's going to North Carolina State. But he didn't sign his contract, and for a while they were acting like, hey, he still hasn't signed. Even after they won their first round game, they were like, in Texas, that job still hasn't been filled. Now the Texas job has been filled because the Xavier coach is going over, which he's been Xavier for a while, right, Sean, Sean, Sean body, But yeah, yeah, Xavier coach is Sean.
Speaker 5: Oh, Sean Miller.
Speaker 7: Thank you Arizona, the Arizona guy, Yeah, exactly before before.
Speaker 1: How long was he in Arizona a little while, the said for.
Speaker 6: A bit and then they were there in Gordon.
Speaker 1: How long is he? But how long has he been at Xavier? It feels like he's been ten years, has he not?
Speaker 4: Honestly, at this point, he probably has been.
Speaker 5: Savior three years? Yeah, zoned for twelve.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, congrats to him. He's going to the Texas job that just for some reason can't win. I mean even with Shaka Smart who then now goes to MA. He went, he goes to Marquette, lives in freaking Milwaukee and wins now and uh but headline good one, Kevin.
Speaker 5: Yeah, mine is. And I'm not just saying this because we had Brian Andison on today, but the announcers I realize are the best during March Madness, and like, from top to bottom, every single team and every broadcast, which is very rare to find, especially when there's so many games going on. I feel like are just top notch, every single one.
Speaker 1: And I'm gonna agree with you in that you never really pay attention to good announcing until you hear a lot of bad and because and this is a testament to how good it is. But I like ESPN, what's it called. They've all been no, no, ESPN plus yes where they have everything right. So then anybody get to announce a game. It's like they draw from a hat and if you if you yes, you get to you get to call a game. It's so bad sometimes.
Speaker 4: Like college kids calling the game or yeah for small schools school even for like Arkansas c C games, they have bad announcers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you're like, god, this is terrible. So then whenever the real rules go, you're like, man, it does make a lot of difference. Yeah, I did see, maybe it was. He's one of the Fab five. Jalen Rose is Jalen Rose talking about Now I'm going to say it. I'm going to say how he said it, So I'm not saying it wrong, but I'm gonna say how he said it. They had him on I'm ninety percent sure as Jalen Rose as a college basketball expert, and he kept talking about Johnny Broom.
Speaker 4: Oh no, not Jani.
Speaker 1: You're like, okay, how much basketball be you?
Speaker 4: Really you should know Jani Broom right now?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's not good.
Speaker 1: That's not good. And trust me, I've messed up every name in the world and tried to do but it's some somebody should have been there for him and been like, hey, you're gonna talk about this guy, you know how to say it right. We did a whole thing today where I couldn't say Bemini or some island, and Kevin's right beside me, going Nope, you're not saying it right. You're not saying it right. You gotta have that, or you're just gonna look like a fool. All right, good, good, good casey.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I mean, I just wish there was a little bit more madness. I just feel like a lot of these lower seeds were like right there to beat a lot of these favorites, and they would always blow it. So I felt like that that buzzer beat of that Maryland hit against Colorado State, that was like the first like actual madness moments and that was late.
Speaker 4: That was like late. Yes, yeah, so.
Speaker 1: Lack of madness, madness. Every once in a while we get a lack of madness. Sometimes we get a lot of madness.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but just watch a little a little bit more mad that.
Speaker 1: I watched the Colorado State Maryland game. Yeah, how about that?
Speaker 6: That was awesome?
Speaker 1: Like that's yeah, Yeah, I wish it had been a little deeper. I'm be honest with you. You know, even that madness was kind of like right outside the lane. It's a little madness.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, the three was awesome, Yes, yeah, I mean is this something we're gonna be having to get used to though, Like with the first round, just kind of being like, all right, there may not be a lot of upsets because these teams are so stacked.
Speaker 1: Now I'm gonna say that. This is why I'm gonna say no, the same reason college football is starting to have more parody as well, because these players. You only have so much money to go around for so many players. You're not gonna be able to pay eight players big money. You can pay three, four, maybe five, and then you got some bench six, seven, eight guys that aren't as good. So those other players are going to go to the mid schools. So I think you're going to see that happen where there's going to be an extreme amount of parody in college basketball as well. The difference is though some schools will go way more in on college basketball, Like if they know they can't win a football, sure they'll not put any money football and put it into basketball. But I'm going to say no, I would think if anything will slightly tilt the other way, and then when somebody has a good run, then they This is like a show off. It's like an audition for other teams. If you're like a mid major that makes the tournament and you play, well, that's your audition to go play for all the big boys year.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 5: I think I was watching u n C Wilmington and there's some kid on there was like, Oh, he's going somewhere Big Nicks.
Speaker 1: Even if they yes, even if they hadn't like playing, because the portal just opened like Mondays today something like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and my headline is gonna be a wolf freaking pig.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like to draw Kansas first, that kind of sucked because I'm like, I gotta play a blue blood.
Speaker 4: That's a great game too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're gonna get the calls they and yeah, good game we got on. Yeah. And then against Saint John, I thought, Okay, they're gonna get their TV matchup Calipari and and and Patino. And what's gonna happen is because Saint John's been a media darling. It's New York City. Nope, they couldn't. They couldn't our best players is still out. He hasn't played in a month and a half. Our guard not Arkansas podcast, but they're sweet talking about them. He was only gonna play like twelve minutes. You end up playing like two too played, Buggy Flan played a bunch of Yeah, so it's good.
Speaker 5: There's some crazy names out there, by the way.
Speaker 1: I'm excited.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like watching the games Colorado State.
Speaker 1: Uh, and he shot I think three threes in a row. Penis scrot him.
Speaker 4: I could.
Speaker 1: I think it's Tom, but yeah, he's foreign.
Speaker 4: Thos are going straight in.
Speaker 1: Let's trade in look.
Speaker 6: Stupid.
Speaker 1: Thank you? All right, Mike will take a quick break. Yep, all right, let's take a quick break, and then when we come back, we'll go with talk to Brian Anderson. Let's talk about pick six for a second. Hey, I'm gonna say this too. Let's say you're somewhere and you haven't been able to use Draft King sports book because I don't know, maybe your state's and like, ah, that's all I can do is was uh let me recommend pick six because ah, yeah you can.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Pis awesome. Download the pick six app from DraftKings. It's called draft DraftKings pick six. You select two or more players, and you choose stats to choose teams choose all have more or less of a stat. Pick six is available in states like California, like Texas, like Missouri and more. There are certain things we can't get save, but I'm just saying you can do this a lot of places. Uh so, uh some stats to pick so coming up on Thursday, Cooper Flag for Duke more or less than nineteen points. He The thing about Cooper Flag, I've watched him probably five games, and not five full games, but five games. He reminds me a bit. Which player do you think he reminds me of? If I say this, if you want to score twenty three points, you will, But if he wants to have eleven assists and four points, he also will College or NBA NBA, And it doesn't matter. Like he wants.
Speaker 5: Lebron stuff that's not Luca.
Speaker 1: If he does. If this NBA player I'm thinking of, if he doesn't score twenty points, I don't care. Give him eleven assists and ten rebounds.
Speaker 5: And two Russell Westbrook, he just keep the naming.
Speaker 4: Jo Jayson Tatum, jok nice, thank.
Speaker 1: You, because Jokic don't care. Joki just wants to win. And if he's just gonna play YMC ball and the thirty two assists and scored none, he's going to I kind of get that feeling a little bit with Cooper Flag. He just wants to win. He just wants to win. But so they're more or less of nineteen points, it feels easy to go more just because the numbers only nineteen. But if they don't need him to score nineteen and they're I'm gonna stay away from that one.
Speaker 4: But what's so cool about this pick six, though, is you never really get to play college players ever in any of these kinds of games. Good point, so this is fun.
Speaker 1: Janelle Davis also does Nellie Davis for Arkansas more or less than twelve points. I'm going more on that one against Texas Tech. Yeah, Tyre's Proctor for Duke, I'm gonna go more than fourteen, like I feel like he needs his points. JT Toppin for Texas Tech. I'm gonna go less than nineteen just because I don't want him.
Speaker 4: Just putting that out there just for Yeah, this is good.
Speaker 1: Rather I'm not do that. So download the new DraftKings Pick six app use the code Bobby Sports, Bobby Sports one word, would love for you to do that. I'm just saying that's all we can say to say.
Speaker 2: All right, gambling problem called one hundred Gambler Helps available for problem gambling called eighty eight seven eight nine seven to seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot organ Connecticut. Must be eighteen plus. Age and eligibility restrictions vary by jurisdiction. Pick six not available everywhere, including New York and Ontario.
Speaker 5: Void.
Speaker 2: We're prohibited one per new customer, but it's awarded as non would draw able. Pick six credits that expire in fourteen days limited time offers. See terms at Pick six DoD DraftKings dot com slash promos.
Speaker 1: Now, let's talk with play by play broadcaster Brian Anderson. He's all over it, TBS, TNT, just March madness everywhere. I mean, but he's also NBA Playoffs. He's also NBA. He's also Major League Baseball. Like he's the guy I think I tell him at the end. Two, there's the great, the living goat right now, who is oh jim NANTZ thank you yes. And then there's Brian. I think Brian's in that tier big fan, even bigger fan afterward. Here he is Brian Anderson. Hey Brian, thanks for the time. I of course have a weird performer question for you. So all right, watched a lot of your games over the weekend. I think I'll watch more Round one than Round two. But that makes sense because there are less games, right you did more Round one games.
Speaker 6: Right, yeah?
Speaker 8: Four and Round one two in Round two. Okay, So are you a little the matt's in your favor?
Speaker 1: Thank you? Thank you? Are you a little horse from the from the six games?
Speaker 6: Yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 8: It's uh, it's more just the travel and you know, you do all those games, especially the four games in one day, so you're on the air twelve hours. Basically the air is in the balloon. But then you're traveling and you're waking up early and you know there's no sleep and you're bouncing back and forth. So it's more from just not really using the instrument in the last two days. So I finished Saturday, so Sunday Monday, you know, Sunday I didn't really talk much. Then you just got to warm it back up again. So I'm probably not in my best voice today for you, unfortunately. But no we'll breathe it out. We've got some hot tea, we'll get it going.
Speaker 3: You are.
Speaker 1: And so here's the question that I have if I'm going to make this about me, but it's really about you. If I have like a TV show coming up, or have to shoot for two or three days, or I have to do, like I did a comedy special, and I the day or two leading up to it, I'm always battling myself with, oh my god, am I getting sick? Even though I'm not getting sick, I'm always like, oh, I started to have these mental like minor mental breaks downs. And I wonder because again, when it comes to if I'm like tearing people guys and women that do what you do, like to me, you're the best. Do you start to do that mentally? Or am I the only extremely neurotic person before performance? It thinks I'm getting sick every single time.
Speaker 8: No, we all go through that, and I don't think about it too much until you know somebody. It happens every year everywhere we go. You know, whether I'm going into say the Baseball playoffs, which is a long stretch and you're doing games every day, or the NBA Playoffs when you're going to be traveling and you know for six weeks. Somebody always says, like, what happens if you get sick? And see, that's really not an option. So it's not like you can just call in sick, you know. I mean, it's happened occasionally in our industry. Fortunately, I've only lost my voice once and it was during a allergies and it was it was at a golf tournament.
Speaker 6: So it kind of worked out in my favor because I was able to get really quiet like this. So but no, I think you know that that paranoia exists with all of us, you know, But adrenaline.
Speaker 8: Is an amazing thing. And you know, I was just talking to a young announcer who have I mentored. He's the voice of the Spurs and this is his first year.
Speaker 6: In the NBA.
Speaker 8: His name's Jacob Toby, and he was he texted me, he goes, man, I'm getting sick, like I don't know what to do.
Speaker 6: I've got I'm on the road, I've got games.
Speaker 8: I said, Hey, trust the adrenaline will be there when that tally light goes on, when that countdown comes in your ear and you're live. It is an amazing thing and then like getting back to more mechanical stuff. Just I read a book thirty years ago. It's it's twelve dollars on Amazon.
Speaker 6: It's that thick. It's the best thing I ever read.
Speaker 8: It's called Change Your Voice, Change Your Life, written by a guy by the name of Morty Cooper, doctor Morton, and that book I use those principles to this day. A lot of breathing, sitting up straight, making sure you're you know, you're you're in the mask. So you know, though, I tune that all the time, even when I hit the cough button in the middle of games or I was getting a little ragged in like the fourth game of the day on Thursday. So you just breathe and tune up that voice, get it in the mask, and then usually you can can get it back. So it's been one of the most helpful tools I've had in my career. And it literally did exactly what the title said. It changed my life because I did not have a strong voice when I started in this business.
Speaker 1: I think you give better advice than I do, because in anybody that I'm doing that with, I'll go, yeah, I go go to minute, Clint and get a steroid shot. So that's probably never do that, the worst thing to do, I know. But but for like a night, because I feel like like I've had allergies too, and I'll lose my voice and I'll go that minute clinic it is and I'm like, wow, I'm feeling great night. But the next time I.
Speaker 8: Don't do it, You're gonna lose it. Man, You're gonna lose You can't. It's just like, it's just like steroids. You're you're gonna be like Lyle Alzado with your voice.
Speaker 6: You can't do that.
Speaker 1: But he was great for a while. Brian wasn't he He was great, man.
Speaker 6: He was on top of his game. He was earning years.
Speaker 1: You got to take the meal. I do want to and I don't want to go through every game that you called, but I do just generally want to talk about, uh, some of the games, but then some of what you do while you do these games. But the crighton Louisville game, uh and Creighton now rest in peace.
Speaker 4: But that was a heck of a game.
Speaker 1: And I don't really think a game that a lot of people saw falling that way. What how did you feel going into that game?
Speaker 8: Did you say Creighton, Louisville or auburt Yeah, crighton Louisville. Yeah, that that was you know, we thought that was going to be the best game. Uh and it was the first game we did, so we you know, you look at the schedule and it's just kind of falls in our crew's window.
Speaker 6: Through the years, especially probably the last five years, we seem to be the one that.
Speaker 8: Starts the whole full field tournament because we're the Thursday Saturday crews typically and we're usually on CBS.
Speaker 3: UH.
Speaker 8: So they you know, they put us, put us a really good game there to call, and Creighton just was I mean, they just picked apart Louisville in every way. I mean, Creton just probably had their best game of the year. They had come off the big Eiast tournament, and they play very similar to an NBA style, So it's obviously something I see all the time and and comfortable with. And it's a you know, there's a lot of ball and body movement, and they were clinical in their performance that game. They did not have that kind of performance against Auburn and they ran up to you know, a lot better athletes and they really couldn't couldn't do what they wanted to do against Auburn in the in the in the second round. But yeah, that that first game, the first it was a great game for us to get started. It ended up being a little bit lopsided. Creighton ran away with it. We really didn't have any magical games. We had we called six games. Five of them were essentially no contests with the in the last five minutes, and then there was one decent game. But yeah, we didn't have that one shining moment this year. But that was probably the closest game we had with a little flow and great.
Speaker 6: Energy in the building.
Speaker 8: Louisville traveled well, as you know, it's you know, it's an easy drive over there to Lexington, so the place was packed right away.
Speaker 6: That helps, believe it or not.
Speaker 8: You know, everybody thinks the NCAA tournaments is massive event, and it is, but there are days and there are locations where the day when you're doing all four games, some of those games there's just nobody there. It maybe half full or a third full. And those are rough, you know, especially if you're getting teams that the local fan base is not interested in, but we need. Lexington would would be a hotbed and it was, and they really showed well. And I think they averaged sixteen thousand for the weekend or for the whole week, so that helps a lot too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I was going to ask as part of that game, my question was going to be with Louisville just having to drive down the road to Lexington, how quickly did they shut the crowd up? Like when was that not part of the environment anymore?
Speaker 8: Yeah, that was a big part of our story and they So we had did this kind of graphically or at least from a statistical perspective. Every time Louisville got up and got their crowd going and what we call a hot time out, where an opposing coach sensing, you know, the momentums.
Speaker 6: Rolling a certain way, we'll call a time out.
Speaker 8: There were three of those occasions, and on each occasion, Creighton had an answer.
Speaker 6: They had an eight to zero run.
Speaker 8: I think they had like an eleven to two run, and then a kind of a modest seven to run where they came right out, bang bang, two three pointers right away. Every time that crowd was cooking, Creighton had an answer. And I think that's what helped them win that game, is those specific timeouts to get into the weeds. Greg McDermott is a really great coach, and he sensed that the title wave was coming, and Creyton had some experience with that. You know, they had played Yukon in the Big East Tournament at Madison Square Garden.
Speaker 6: That was a partisan crowd, big time ninety ten probably. Then they won that game.
Speaker 8: Then they played Saint John's in the Big East Tournament title game in Madison Square Garden. So that's ninety ten Saint John's favor. So I think they were kind of ready for that. Maybe they needed the crowd against him against Auburn. I mean, it was a good Auburn crowd, but it wasn't like two days prior when Louisville was the opponent.
Speaker 1: So I'm big Arkansas guy, but I love Auburn because I love Coach Pearl. We've spent some time with Coach Pearl. Jan I Burum like that dude, good dude, good kid like as as stayed and anybody staying and playing like I respect. You had two Auburn games. Do you feel like Auburn has the talent to win at all?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, absolutely, They've got They just can beat you. Anyway, is what I like about them. They can they can.
Speaker 6: Play fast score in the eighties even nineties, or.
Speaker 8: They can play slow and if their opponent is that kind of team, they can grind it down and beat you in.
Speaker 6: The sixties because they do have size.
Speaker 8: I thought that Dylan Cardwell was a huge piece to that puzzle. J I Broomed to me didn't look like the SEC Player of the Year and a National Player of the Year finalist. He didn't play that way. He didn't play with that kind of energy. Not saying he was bad, he just he wasn't dominant. He didn't own the space. But they have other guys that can and do.
Speaker 6: And you know, I'm a huge fan of Bruce Pearl. He's got Milwaukee ties. Obviously, I live in Milwaukee, and he was one of his stops in the early going. And so I believe in what they do.
Speaker 8: They they're great defensively, they have scoring around big men and it's not just Jeni Broom. Cardwell is a handful And I thought Dylan Cardwell the way he played against Kalkbrenner. So Ryan Kalchbrenner is one of the great players in the country. A seven footer from Creighton. He's had this amazing career, and not not that he took Kalkbrenner totally out, but he definitely changed the way Creighton had to play that game, and I think it affected Creighton a great deal not having Kalkbrenner just dominate the post and dominate the rebounding.
Speaker 6: So I think they're they're more than.
Speaker 8: Capable to the national championship, and they're deserving of the of the overall number one seed.
Speaker 1: I only hate teams I respect. I only respect teams that I hate because they hate doesn't come unless there's a reason I hate them. In football, I hate Texas and basketball, I hate Tennessee. I don't even really hate Duke because everybody hates Duke and that's lame. But I hate Tennessee. And you've called two Tennessee games. But Tennessee has Kentucky now, and Tennessee got beat twice by Kentucky this year. Yeah, and so I'm assuming are you doing that game? By the way, do you know what games you're doing next?
Speaker 6: No, yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 8: I'm in the East Region, so I have BYU, Alabama, Arizona, and Duke. That's our next our next stop Thursday on CBS. It'll be Thursday Saturday, my.
Speaker 1: Crew talk about Tennessee for a second, because I hate them because they are so good, they are so tenacious. What makes what makes me hate them so much.
Speaker 8: Well, you know, they just get after you, and they're really physical, and they play great defense, and they make your team if they're playing your team, they make your team look.
Speaker 6: Disheveled and unorganized, and.
Speaker 8: It's it's like a strikeout pitcher makes a lineup look like they're not paying attention. But that's what they do because they're just they're they're relentless defensively.
Speaker 6: I mean they've got two really three, but you know they've got two guys in.
Speaker 8: The in the final four for Defensive Player of the Year, May Shack and Ziegler.
Speaker 6: That's that's an incredible.
Speaker 8: Accomplishment to have two of the four, like two guys on the same team. You may get one guy in a conference, but they have two on the same team and on the perimeter as well. And then you know they've got Apara down in the paint and he's he's a weapon, kind of a shot blocker, roamer, so he you know, it's hard enough to get by their guards. If you do get by their guards, you're kind of running into this second wall. They have a lot of size, they have, They certainly have the perimeter defense, and then they've got the one weapon that most teams don't have, and that is just a lights out a plus shooter. And the college game is kind of lacking great shooters. You know, that's our biggest when we come down from the NBA to do these college games.
Speaker 6: It's the thing you notice the most.
Speaker 8: It's like there's not you can just tell there's not enough skill shooting the basketball, and they've got it. Chas Lanier is you know, I don't see anybody like him in the college game. He's got a quick release, he can dribble himself open, he's catching shoot, He's kind of got all these weapons. So you've got all these, you know, really good pieces that I would say Tennessee is challenged offensively. I think they have holes offensively, but every team tries to shut off the chas Lanier valve and they can't and that's just you know, UCLA tried to do it. They had great success against Utah State cutting off their best player, Ian Martinez, but he's still he got his I think he went for twenty plus and I think he had like maybe fifty points in the two games. And you know, he probably shot fifty percent from three, and he just and he was heavily guarded in all of that. So that's why Tennessee is to me, their defense and their perimeter play. It usually comes down to point guard play or guard play and shooting. And that's why they're to me, they're like a scary number two. If you could say that they could win it all this year. They've never been to the final four as a program, so this would be their best opportunity in my opinion, and I've had them a lot through the years and the Rick Barnes era at the NCAA tournament.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're so legit. I hate them. They're so legit. Alabama. I do like that.
Speaker 6: How many times we gotta hit Rocky Top? That's I agree.
Speaker 1: Especially he must have heard it ten times in you ever been to neil And Stadium. But if you go to a football never that stays in your head longer than chumble one. But tough thumping does. If you hear that, Like, that's so let's go to Alabama for a second. Yeah, since you're gonna call that game. I really like Nato. It's you get to hear things that we don't being right there on the floor. Does he ever like get onto a player for shooting something that's not actually right under the basket or a three pointer? Is he like no mid rate? Is that ever a conversation you hear.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Well that's a philosophy for sure. And Nate's a good pal. And you know he from where I'm sitting right now.
Speaker 8: He grew up literally ten miles from here in Waterford, Wisconsin.
Speaker 6: So he's he's a proud cheeser and and that's.
Speaker 8: What I love about him. A big Brewers fan. I still do the Brewers, so we talk call things cheese. He's had an amazing career from the high school level to you know, then he was an assistant, then he then he got the head coaching job at Buffalo.
Speaker 6: Kind of the he's out of the Hurley tree, both Dan and Bobby.
Speaker 8: And he believes in what he's driving the game right now, and that's the layups and threes, and so I would say, you know, to answer your question, I think the mid range does become more prevalent in these kinds of games. So NCAA tournament or conference tournament, certainly NBA playoffs, the game changes quite a bit.
Speaker 6: Everybody wants threes in layups.
Speaker 8: That's ideal. Let's the ideal way to score. That's your most efficient way to score. But sometimes defenses know that and they're going to cut that off if they're skilled enough. And so the mid range then becomes mid range and free throws becomes a lot bigger than what you would see in like a regular season setup.
Speaker 6: So, yes, Nate wants these guys shooting threes, let it fly.
Speaker 8: They have great rebounders, great size, which is it's not just about shooting and making threes.
Speaker 6: They just want shots on goal. You know, they want the ball in the air, and they want.
Speaker 8: More shot attempts because they believe in their rebounding. So to counter the volume shooting, you need great rebounding, offensive rebounding, and they have that. They've got bouncy guys who have length, and so that's why you kind of recruit and build your roster that way. And that's very much of an NBA way to build your roster, and players love playing that way, which is why Nate continues to, you know, get the top players in addition to the giant bag that they're getting to go to Alabama, but players are getting bags everywhere, so they want to play in that kind of system that's going to get them ready for the NBA. Every player in this tournament thinks they can play in the NBA. Very few can, but they all think they can. And when they're picking their colleges, they want to go somewhere that's going to kind of groom them up to go to the next level.
Speaker 6: So you know, he's got it working there. He had it working at Buffalo. I'm a big fan of his. I love the way he runs his team.
Speaker 8: You know, it's they know he's in their corner, so he can He's kind of a modern day tom Izzo. I would say, where what we see in the games, he's you know, he loses his mind every now and then, but I think behind the scenes, his players know he's got.
Speaker 6: Their back and and he does me.
Speaker 8: You know, he's a he's a good man, and I think he's I'm really happy for his success at Alabama.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too. Sadly, I like him too, And it's hard. I'm such an Arkansas guy, that's hard for me to like anybody else Okay, so I have two basketball questions and a baseball question. So NBA wise, I watched the Celtics set the record the other night for the most three pointers ever shot in the game, and it's I'm not gonna be that guy though that Oh it sucks because all they're doing shooting threes. I won't allow myself to be that guy, even though at times I feel that way. What can they do micro to change the game so that it is not just people chunking threes all game because it's not the best viewing experience.
Speaker 6: Great question.
Speaker 8: I don't I don't think you can do anything. I don't think you I don't think you should anything. It just it is the regular season. This all resolves itself, by the way in the playoffs and even in the play in tournament, which you know, I was kind of a skeptic of, but it actually turned out to be great, and you know, we've done it for the last two years at T and T so ended up being really interesting. But I think again, back to my previous point, when the competition gets intense and it matters, then it's not just volume threes. You have to do something else because you're game planning you're matching up series change that. So what I would say is just enjoy the skill of the regular season and the competition level. Let's call it an eight. It's never really going to get to a ten. Then the playoffs start and you'll see what you want to see. So you endure the regular season and you can make a decision whether you want to, you know, experience that as a viewer or going in for the live audience perspective.
Speaker 6: But that's what it is.
Speaker 8: You know, it's a long schedule, it's there's a lot of travel, and the way they're playing now is to kind of survive the regular season, and most teams are doing that. You can't play as hard as you do in the playoffs in the regular season. You just you're gonna blow everybody out on your team. So that's why load management exists, which stinks, but it's here. And ultimately, when the playoffs stop mattering, load management and this three point evolution will stop mattering as much.
Speaker 6: But they don't. They do matter, and so just the game you want to see.
Speaker 8: Just hang in there until April, in May and maybe June if your favorite team.
Speaker 6: Lasts that long.
Speaker 1: Okay, two questions, now go back to college. Did the refs call the games differently in this tournament as opposed to how they've called them in conference the whole year?
Speaker 8: Always, especially in round one because you've got a hun and nine refs. So just think about it, like if you're you're an SEC guy, so you know, that's a totally different league and it's called differently in the non conference too. Officials wouldn't agree with me on that, and they'd probably be upset about that statement, but it's true. You know, the the group of officials that are getting hired in the SEC, that's a fairly regular group.
Speaker 6: They all kind of know each other, they know how the players play.
Speaker 8: So then you expand that group and you go into an NCAA tournament and now you've got one hundred game officials. You got nine alternates in that first round. These are you know, these guys get paid by the game, and the only way you advance as an official to the second round is based on your evaluation and your grade in your round one performance.
Speaker 6: So it's it's.
Speaker 8: I wouldn't say it's selective enforcement. It's just tighter enforcement of the rules. Now the veteran guys, the guys have been around forever. The guys that have been the final fours, they know they're moving on. They're not even worried about that. But you know, Rick Barnes, that was like one of his major topics with us before his Round one game against Wafford is that he said, man, our guy's got to know this is not the SEC anymore, and it's not the SEC tournament, and we've.
Speaker 6: Got to play without fouling. I thought the UCLA.
Speaker 8: Tennessee game, both teams came out big ten SEC. You know, they play physical, handsy, and I think there were eight whistles in the first four minutes of that game.
Speaker 6: I'm pretty sure. I think that's what I said on the air.
Speaker 8: But it just like we couldn't get the game started it but then it settled down and players adjust, so make I think we make too much about the officials and the officiating. You just got to feel the game and every veteran coach, most coaches know we've been through it, especially in round one, and it starts to ease off as you get going.
Speaker 6: But man, these games are called so tight.
Speaker 8: You're getting a lot of new officials that are trying to advance and create more paydays so that they're calling it by the book a lot more so. Yes, the answer to your question is it's I think it is. I've done this for fourteen years and I see.
Speaker 6: It every year.
Speaker 1: Final question, and again, assuming you're a big Brewers fan, I just want you to see I'm a massive Cubs fan, so I know I knew it. You dry heave a little bit. Yeah, you wibcreat counsel. You know the whole thing right, It is what it is. But here's what I'd like to say. I keep a list of that, and I guess through just geography being close, I follow the Brewers. I have my top five brewers of all time, and I guess I wonder if you would agree with my top five list of all of Milwaukee brewers. Would you like to hear them and disagree? If you please, you will go ahead, fire away.
Speaker 6: I'd love to hear this.
Speaker 1: At Number one on my list is Robin you out, shortstop and center fielder. The face of this, when I think of the Brewers, it's just robing you. Would you agree with that?
Speaker 6: And as it's the statues a statue out there, two.
Speaker 1: Time MVP by the way, Okay, next up, I have similar almost not as quiet, but Paul Molitor like I think he's at number two. He is the face that if you forget the face, if you have that disease where you can't remember faces of people but you can only remember like he's the the other Paul is at number two.
Speaker 8: Yes, also has his number retired two for two for no arguments, no arguments.
Speaker 1: And number two, I'm gonna go a little younger here, just a bit younger. I'm gonna go Ryan Braun now again retired five years ago, but I'm gonna put Braun at three. Is that two? You feel like that's too high?
Speaker 6: No, perfect, perfectly placed.
Speaker 1: Okay, then I'm going Prince Fielder at four.
Speaker 4: I'm going what he's.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean I can't argue with that. It was a small window, but yeah, Prince Fielder, that that works for me.
Speaker 6: I'm good with that.
Speaker 1: And then it's it's very recent bias because I can't go Rolliy Fingers. I don't remember Raley. I just saw picking videos of the mustache and I would watch hold but I got them putting Christian Yelich.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I like that. I would. I would probably put C. C.
Speaker 8: Sabbathia in that list only and he was only here three months, but the guy changed the whole organization.
Speaker 6: What the crap, He's going into the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he was an amazing When the Brewers traded for him in eight they hadn't made a playoff, the playoffs in twenty six years, and he showed up. He pitched basically every three days. He's hitting bombs, throwing complete games. Beat the Cubs on the last day of the season through a through a complete game that day.
Speaker 1: But I can't pick somebody for three months that was a player.
Speaker 6: That's yeah, I know, I know it's it's hard.
Speaker 8: I know, I know what I know how you feel about it, and most people do. But I'm telling you it changed the arc of the organization. It was and it still resonates today, and we're going to do a documentary about it. I promise there's a The CC effect was was real. It was like unlike anything I've ever seen in my life. And I know it was only three months, but man, it was as magical the three months as any trade acquisition has ever been.
Speaker 1: I just don't know if he's messing with me or if he really feels this way. I'm gonna be honest, everybody listening.
Speaker 6: Tor No, I totally feel that way.
Speaker 8: I don't know, I could not feel stronger about a guy. I'm not saying he's, you know, top three, but I'm he's on there somewhere. He's on a list because he you know, we talk about the eighty two team here in Milwaukee quite a bit. And by the way, there's a fantastic documentary out called Just a Bit Outside.
Speaker 6: I don't have anything to do with it, but it is so good.
Speaker 8: And it's all about that eighty two team, a lot of those guys that you weren't born yet that you can learn about. But I think it's out on like Roku or something pretty soon anyway. But other than that eighty two team, that twenty eighteen and primarily with CC Sabathia, those are the guys that kind of, you know, that kind of made this organization.
Speaker 1: Well as we I'm into the interview, I'm a massive fan. I still don't believe the CC. I don't. I'm gonna leave this not knowing if he's messed with me. But Brian, I'm just a massive fan. I think I think, I think you're only set in my mind, You're only second to Nance and I hope it's okay that I say that, because Jim to me has has not only become like a buddy, but also is the greatest ever. I think it's it's Jim, and then it's you.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: You're the my cc Sabathia of voices. You meant so much you can follow up.
Speaker 6: I appreciate it. I feel the same about you, man.
Speaker 8: I'm a I'm a huge music fan, country music guy, so you you've You've entertained.
Speaker 6: Me quite a bit through the years, so.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it.
Speaker 6: Feelings mutual.
Speaker 1: B Anderson p XP on Instagram. I'm gonna go. I didn't even know he had INSTAGRAMNA follow him just to listen to him talk. Brian, thank you so much for the time. I hope you have a great next round and I'll be watching man. Thank you all right, all right, thanks, thank you.
Speaker 6: Good being with you.
Speaker 1: Are you ready to win real money this March Mania tournament. Are you struggling to choose which team will pull an upset? I forget about the teams. All you need to focus on are the player stats to rack up the big cash prizes with Draft Kings, Pick six and when it comes to massive payouts, Draft Kings dunks all over the competition. Pick six is available in most states, including states like Missouri, California, Texas, Georgia and more. Track your picks for a shot to win huge cash prizes. It is as simple as that. Turn your march Manian knowledge into cash. Today, new players get fifty dollars and Pick six credits instantly with just a five dollars entry. Download the Draft Kings Pick six app now use the code Bobby Sports. That's the code Bobby Sports for new customers to play five dollars, get fifty dollars and Pick six credits, better payouts, bigger wins, and a lot of the places that maybe you haven't been able to play Missouri, California, Texas, Georgia and so many more. Now you can download the app now use the code Bobby Sports.
Speaker 2: Gambling problem called one hundred Gambler helps available for problem gambling called eight to eight seven eight nine, seven to seven seven to seven are visits CCPG dot orgon Connecticut. Must be eighteen plus. Age and eligibility restrictions vary by jurisdiction. Pick six not available everywhere, including New York and Ontario. Void We're prohibited one per new customer, but it's awarded as non would drawable Pick six credits that expire in fourteen days limited time offers. See terms at Pick six dop DraftKings dot com slash promos.
Speaker 1: All right, we picked some teams going into the tournament. We did a main team for ten dollars and a lower seat for five dollars. Here's our updates on what we bet. Oh dang, Casey's out.
Speaker 6: St.
Speaker 4: John's. Yeah, I had Saint John's and.
Speaker 6: Louisville louis.
Speaker 1: Well, hold on, we'll get to that. We'll get to that. So Casey's big dog pick is out. Oh man, So that's his ten box out. Kevin and Eddie have Duke. Yeah, we're feeling good. You're playing Arizona. Reid has Florida. Florda looks awesome. Floria's playing Maryland there, yeah, and yeah, Mike and I have Auburn and we're playing Michigan. So that's our ten dollars bet. And remember, if two teams go out at the same time, are we coin flipping? Are we splitting? I forgot what we said.
Speaker 5: You gotta review the tape, boppet.
Speaker 4: I feel like we said coin flip.
Speaker 1: I feel like we said coin flip too.
Speaker 4: Yeah that sounds but I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't want to make us do something we didn't say. But we can vote on it now. But coin flip or what or split flip? Oh, coin flip? I agree, if the same, if the same round the last teams go out, it'll coin flip between and if it's like coin flip with three people, will do round robin coin flip perfect. Or we'll make us some super rule as we got our underdog bet for five dollars who can last the longest thing Kevin had Arizona. They're still in. They'll be playing Duke Kevin's so one way or the other, Kevin's going.
Speaker 4: To be in somehow. Oh Eddie, I know, so stupid, and I did. After that first game to one, I'm like, man, we're looking good with Texas A and M.
Speaker 1: You have Texas Tech.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 4: However, though, if you wrote down.
Speaker 1: My sheet, it says text. If you you might have said an M, because I did say they didn't play offense, they played world grimy defense, so I do remember you saying that, but it says tech here on the sheet.
Speaker 4: I feel like you guys, wouldn't have accepted Texas Tech as the middle of the.
Speaker 1: We wouldn't because there's a three seed.
Speaker 4: It's a great point, so I think, So I want to be honest here and I'm gonna go with my first pick.
Speaker 1: I remember you saying that to me, saying they don't play offense. They just played grimy defense.
Speaker 6: I like that.
Speaker 4: And there's a guy with the last name Garcia on the team, and that's Texas A and.
Speaker 1: M Eddie's out, that's Reid's, Gonzaga is out, Mike's North Carolina is out. So it's just I have Michigan they play Auburn, and you have Kevin and they played Duke. We could possibly be coin flipping. Yeah, okay, so two teams left in the.
Speaker 4: Underdog and then you want money an hour later.
Speaker 1: We'll settle it later.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean to get the lawyer on all this.
Speaker 1: Sean Bom a perfectly round one in a billion egg sold in an auction, perfectly round for over five hundred bucks. It's a perfectly round egg. It was like like a ball.
Speaker 4: Who wants this out?
Speaker 1: A perfectly round one? Yeah, because you think, because it's got to the whole, the little vagina. But I feel like that's how it gets the treat. Now I'm confused that baby, does it come out of the bottle of vagina?
Speaker 4: Come on?
Speaker 1: A perfectly round one in a billion eggs sold in an auction for over five boys wanted, sold in an auction for five hundred bucks.
Speaker 4: Oh, five hundred Okay, that's not bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just there was an egg that came out.
Speaker 4: I think you said billion on this up.
Speaker 1: They did say one in a billion egg. They don't find it, so that five hundred bucks. And so I was just going to bring this to show you guys my newest treasure that I bought.
Speaker 6: So, oh, what is that?
Speaker 1: Well, it's a baseball an egg and I've already encased it.
Speaker 4: But let me tell you something. That baseball is not white like, it's not a new baseball.
Speaker 1: You've seen in the back of NFL en zones and racism. Okay it So, by the way, I have these two action figures here, which is do you know who these people are?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the guy that fought Andy Kaufman.
Speaker 1: That Jerry Lawler, and this is and then that is oh Andy Kaufman, it's Andy Kaufman, Andy Coffman. Yeah, so therese are actually figures of Jerry Lol, Andy Kuffin. They're a very famous few. That was all set up. But back in the day where Andy Kaufman would wrestle women, he was like, I'm the greatest. I can beat up any woman wrestling awesome. And then Jerry Lawler and him got you know, was that on Letterman and well he slapped him on Letterman But it happened for a while. So what I bought on an auction site was to Andy Kaufman from Jerry Lawler. Wow, baseball that he signed to Andy Kaufman. That's cool from Jerryla. How much was that more in the egg?
Speaker 4: Can't be cheap? Dang, dude, that's awesome, very nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like it's pretty cool too.
Speaker 4: That's a personalized gift. Yeah, that's like when that that lady got the book that you had given to me.
Speaker 1: No, no, did you? Did you?
Speaker 4: Guys ever hear the story?
Speaker 1: I would like for you to tell it.
Speaker 4: It was so stupid, you can tell it. I'm going to tell you in the chronological order that it happened, versus how it you'll hear. So some lady called in on the show and said that she went to a thrift shop and bought a book, one of Bobby's books. It was I Think fail until you don't, And inside of it was an autograph from Bobby and it was written to my best friend Eddie Love Bobby bones like, like, I think that I bought the book that you gave Eddie. Oh shoot, And I'm like, First off, who would call in the radio show and say that. Second off, I had no idea that that book was not in my house. So I texted my wife and said, are you did you like sell that book order? She's said, I might have. Like I get a lot of books or things that we don't need at the house and I go take them to Goodwill. So that's the story. But it hurt Bobby's feelings for sure.
Speaker 1: So this is what I would like to say. And I have a picture of it here just looking for.
Speaker 4: So you got a picture of it, Yeah, yeah, sure do.
Speaker 1: So I don't just take books and sign them to my friend and be like I got you a gift. When the book came out, people that I'd either written about it or had been a part of, like the process or important to me, I just gave. I just was like, hey, I wrote a nice note and said you have to read this about what you to have it because I means a lot. I put a lot of work into this thing, and you're very important to me in this process. So I wrote, yeah, I held best friend and uh and then here's the signature, here's the book and the person.
Speaker 4: How thoughtful of you?
Speaker 1: Person tweeted me, Hey, I picked this up at a thrift shop.
Speaker 4: Oh that's crazy to come on. I know, I know it looks like I sold the book like I didn't want it. It wasn't important to me. It's not true. My wife had no idea what was in that stack of books. She just took in a good will that one had in there.
Speaker 1: That still hurts. I was looking for other Jerry Law like if he like did a few of the I don't see any other ones anywhere.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying to Why would he give like a bunch of them to Andy Kaufman, Like, that's got to be one of one one.
Speaker 1: It may it may not be one of one. It could be like you could have did he could have done a few four or five or six, I don't know, but I don't see any other ones.
Speaker 4: That's amazing. That is really cool, especially knowing how much you like Andy Kaufman, Like, that's my favorite, pretty special, my favorite.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I have a to Andy Kaufman from The King, Joey Lawl or sign Baseball.
Speaker 5: That's cool.
Speaker 4: Do you guys know Andy Kuffman, Like, do you know anything about it? He was median right, yeah, he was on that show Taxi right.
Speaker 1: Oh, don't even do that.
Speaker 4: But but he's not wrong, But don't do that.
Speaker 6: He's not wrong.
Speaker 4: He was he was he was on Taxi cool pretty much? Yeah, what was his name on Taxia?
Speaker 1: Think cool pretty much.
Speaker 5: I did watch the Jim Carrey movie. Yeah, the Jim Carrey were awesome. That documentary.
Speaker 1: We're like, no, no, no, no, no, no no, no, no, my god, what.
Speaker 4: Are you talking about the movie or the not the actual movie.
Speaker 1: The doctor watch the documentar if you don't watch the movie, because I don't.
Speaker 5: Know, just like cool at the time. This is like five six years ago right on Netflix.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I gotta watch the movie all of you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I never watched the movie.
Speaker 4: Movie is awesome.
Speaker 1: What I'm not even gonna sign it to you because I don't like you that much right now, you know.
Speaker 4: Both of them.
Speaker 1: If you get some time, I would like for you to watch Man on the Moon. Okay, Jim Carrey plays Andy Kaufman. It's awesome. Andy Kaufman would do things like he wasn't a traditional stand up comedian, but Andy Coffman would do things like build a tent. He'd go and speak to university because I would know him. Oh a lot kids coming, think cool very much. And he'd build a tent and so all the students would get in and be ready for a show. And you'd get the tent laid down and go to sleep and just went and.
Speaker 4: The whole show.
Speaker 1: And then he would just everybody like what's going on? He never would come out, and that was it was like performance art. He would get up, get up and read the Great gats but he'd be like.
Speaker 6: All right, walk on.
Speaker 4: He'd read the entire book.
Speaker 1: And he would read the entire book on stage because it was interesting to him to see other people's reactions. Oh okay. He would He was in the very first snl ever and he gets up and he's very nervous.
Speaker 4: With you.
Speaker 1: He opens a record player and the Mighty Mouse song starts to play, and and and he's just like and then the part of the song is here I come to save the day, and he gets so animated at that one point. Then cross it's it's so risky, it's it's awesome. It's awesome. Watch how to check it out, keV watch him do Elvis on Johnny Carson. Oh my god, like I I could do this for an hour. It's my favorite. He's not a comedian. People put him in that because he was on stage and he would do stuff.
Speaker 4: It's the closest descriptor, I guess.
Speaker 1: So anyway, that's the dude got that ball, loved it. Rest in peace. George Foreman, Oh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, my uh my wife didn't even know.
Speaker 6: He was a boxer.
Speaker 5: By the way, my wife didn't either say she was like, oh the guy with the grills. Yeah, oh no, the boxer that not into grilled business.
Speaker 1: Or to be fair, we were also very young when he came back. He was that old. He was fighting as an old man when we were very young. But yeah, yeah, I hear you.
Speaker 4: And he had eight kids named George.
Speaker 1: Yeah, George. I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: That's pretty awesome.
Speaker 1: The Vikings are not going to sign Aaron Rodgers. Where is he gonna go, don't care.
Speaker 4: He's coming here.
Speaker 1: Aaron Rodgers getting minimal TV interest because people think he's insufferable to be around. I think there's the Celtics sold for six point one billion dollars. No arena involved, Yeah, just the team.
Speaker 4: Did you try to buy it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, they just wouldn't accept my offer.
Speaker 6: I was in.
Speaker 1: I bought the ball instead the Celtics.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So all right, that's it. We're done. Thank you very much for being here. I hope you guys have a great day, and uh, we'll see it when we see those in my voice little bit. I think it's just because I've been trialing.
Speaker 4: Welcome back, thank you, Welcome back to the States. Guden talk.
Speaker 1: Morgan, good Morgan, Yeah, no, good morning, good, that's good morning. Good talk is good day? Uh, Guden god good good Amen?
Speaker 3: What was that?
Speaker 1: That was pretty good at stuff? I got to be pretty good. It's weird to learn different languages. I just try to learn like the eight things in each place?
Speaker 6: Is it like?
Speaker 1: Guden? Almend? Is that night?
Speaker 5: I can't remember night?
Speaker 4: Why did you study over there?
Speaker 1: Something?
Speaker 5: I took German in high school?
Speaker 1: Look at you? Oh you did?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I didn't learn much and I've been in Germany three times.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's cool.
Speaker 1: I loved.
Speaker 6: Good.
Speaker 1: It's good and abn gouden aben. So what I guess I mean good evening good, evening good?
Speaker 4: Would you say that to your wife like for you guys go to bed good?
Speaker 1: Nothing you would say. I would be doing the I would be really trying. I want I should say this because I could do a half hour on it. Just remind me talk about accidents. Mike can help my wife pets pissed.
Speaker 5: At you want to talk about X.
Speaker 1: I do, but I need space so I don't get canceled. I just need space. But that's money.
Speaker 6: Good idea.
Speaker 1: All right, Thank you guys, and now we'll see you next time. Bul The wist Letty theme song written by Bobby Bones, That's Me and performed by Brandon Ray. Follow Brandon on socials at Brandon Ray Music. You can follow the show on Instagram at Bobby Bone Sports. Thanks to our crew co host at Producer Ready, segment producer at Kickoff, Kevin, video producer at Redrberry, an executive producer at Mike Diestro, but most importantly, thank you for listening. I'm Bobby Bones. We'll talk to you next time here on twenty five whistles