Speaker 1: Are you leave the I you wanna way back home? Either way, we want to be there, doesn't matter how much baggage you claim and give us time and they termino and gage. We want to send you off inside.
Speaker 2: We wanna welcome you back home.
Speaker 1: Tell us all about it. We scared her? Was it fine? Malcorn? Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride? Do your need you ride?
Speaker 3: With Karen and Chris? Welcome to Do you need to ride? This is Chris Fairbanks.
Speaker 1: And this is Karen Tilgarath.
Speaker 3: We are leaving Karen's house.
Speaker 4: We're in the car and because of today's guest, I want to introduce him until we're near his house. But I I brought a gift, but it's a stipulation in that you cannot keep it. I just wanted to show you this and see if it affects you the same way it did me because my sister went to a sticker store and do you remember these?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I do.
Speaker 2: Those are Chris is showing me little stickers with root beer. It's a circle with a root beer smug roop beer in the center, and then it says cool, and I bet you they're scratch and snaffs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it smells so much like I can smell it through the packaging.
Speaker 1: Yes, mean that smells great.
Speaker 4: And the ones on the back, I don't remember all of them, but the roller skate one I assume smells.
Speaker 1: Like feet because there's look, there's.
Speaker 3: A ham one.
Speaker 4: I know they're kind of joke ones, but I vaguely remember.
Speaker 3: And the grass one smells like fresh cut grass.
Speaker 2: I remember the popcorn one smelling gross. And also there was one that was a pickle that was a human form pickle, so it had eyes, arms, legs, and I think it was giving you a thumbs up that smelled.
Speaker 3: Like pickles anthropomorphized pickle.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I used to often have to draw animals.
Speaker 4: For T shirts, where it would be a horse with tennis shoes on, but then I'd have to make the decision as to will it have human hands or hooves?
Speaker 1: And you went with hooves every time, right, I.
Speaker 4: Went for their hands, yes, because a horse with hands it's just scary. But a horse wearing shoes because you're in the whatever horse trot race in Austin, Texas or whatever.
Speaker 3: I was drawing it for.
Speaker 1: So sorry, it would have tennis shoes on its front.
Speaker 3: Hooves well, running like a human.
Speaker 4: I'd give it human muscular legs with any that bends like a humans, and then it's running. So the horse hands would be bent like a horse runs and have the same joints.
Speaker 3: So it was really half horse half human.
Speaker 1: But the answer I'm looking for is you gave.
Speaker 4: It hooves, yes for hand usually a human lower torso animal upper torso. Great, perfect, that's the decision you got to make, would answer Promorphie. But yeah, this reminds me of it really splits a room. The popcorn like, especially with.
Speaker 2: The popcorn smells horrible.
Speaker 1: It's horrible.
Speaker 4: I loved the popcorn jelly building and a lot of people didn't. It's maybe my favorite jellybe that's perverted.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I say.
Speaker 3: Oh no, and I enjoy it. You're right on a sexual I get a rouse.
Speaker 4: I think of my first time at the movies, getting ready to kiss a girl.
Speaker 2: It's so, it's it's they And I'm sorry because you know people that flavor things do the Lord's work. Yes, but they've gone wrong. Banana is off. Popcorn should have never happened. It's an aberration. And that I will stand by that.
Speaker 3: But what are your thoughts on Ham?
Speaker 2: Ham as a sticker for children is fascinating, Like I are those the new version?
Speaker 1: Are those the funny?
Speaker 4: I don't remember Ham, but I do remember fresh cut grass.
Speaker 1: I don't remember fresh cut grass.
Speaker 4: And I remember the roller skate one and it was always on someone else. I wasn't some rich kid that had stickers all over my trapper keeper. Uh, these are just from a distance. I enjoyed a lot of them, so I never smelled them well.
Speaker 2: And also, these are like teacher stickers really, so I don't These aren't the kinds kids would have that I remember.
Speaker 1: I feel like they're the ones you got on your paper.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, and I think that's why. My sister, being a teacher, that's why she got them. But she spent like fifty five dollars on stickers. It was a sticker store, like a candy shop. She just said, she walked in and it took her back to exactly nineteen seventy eight nostalgia so perfect.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: I want to just mention really.
Speaker 3: Quickly, that's my gift for you to look at and not touch. I'm going to put it back on the floor.
Speaker 1: Okay, Perfect, thanks for blooping me into that.
Speaker 4: For our guest, today's guest at the host of I said, no gifts, So that's as much as I'm gonna Yeah, if.
Speaker 1: You don't know who that is, then you're going to have to wait probably eleven.
Speaker 3: Minutes to find out the mirror in front of his house.
Speaker 2: But I was just going to say, it is incredibly hot outside today.
Speaker 5: This the.
Speaker 2: Temperature gauge, it's not a gauge in my car says it's ninety one.
Speaker 1: But it seems hotter than that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it does, and I think that's because of my knees. Is we're talking about it, I believe a UV index. We're at an eleven. Yeah, they're kind of in the meteorology, my nieces. And we're gonna go whale watching. That's the next update that I.
Speaker 1: Had to bring you, Perfect.
Speaker 3: And I hope there's a whale.
Speaker 4: I didn't mean to bring my adult negativity, but I'm like, well, most people go on those things and they don't see a whale.
Speaker 3: Why did I say that?
Speaker 2: It's just where you're used to. You mostly communicate with comedians and you know, boy adult men that you hang out with. It's just some it's just a It's how we are naturally as adults.
Speaker 3: I don't know why.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, well, we get better get drama mean stickers for the back of our ears, because we could get all sick.
Speaker 3: On a boat. Why am I? Why do I bring that to the table.
Speaker 1: You're just trying to troubleshoot maybe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just don't want to be an advocate of the devil.
Speaker 1: Well also is a constant threat with you. But also you know you're not a I don't know how much you host.
Speaker 2: You're under the pressure of boasting, and I feel like you're feeling that pressure. So you don't want everybody to do on a boat and start barfing, and you don't want everyone to get on a boat and be disappointed.
Speaker 1: You're feeling pressure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if we all get on the boat and the refuse starts playing and everyone starts vomiting everywhere. That new movie made for Force Masure it is called Oh Oh, Triangle of Saturn.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's my fear.
Speaker 4: That scene is so chaotic and so funny, reveals so many of my fears of being even on a cruise ship. Because you're just on a giant porta body, and I don't want to. I did spoil there is plumbing issues on the boat. That's that's the spoiler I'm giving for that movie.
Speaker 1: Well, people have had over a year to see that movie.
Speaker 4: Yes, if you don't know about the big diarrhea toy, let's say that's on you. But it is with it, It is with the music. It is a great cinematic moment.
Speaker 1: It's an it's amazing, and the whole movie is great.
Speaker 2: It's definitely a worth watching if you're staying indoors because it's boiling hot on the planet.
Speaker 1: Now, there's lots of things to be negative about. We all do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I just don't want to bring it to young people that are so hopeful. But it's anytime I'm on a boat or getting the chance to, of course, I say yes. Be it fishing, which I'm not into, or a sailboat, I will yes. I want to be on your boat or a cruise any no matter the size of the vessel.
Speaker 3: I get seasick.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I always think I'm above that, but no, that's just your system.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I can't do anything about it. But those little stickers behind the ear, they work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they do work.
Speaker 1: They're great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I will after we podcast, going to get a smug test and some drama stickers to very adult to do list items.
Speaker 1: Get on it. Yeah, write it into your notes and your notes I did.
Speaker 3: I've set an alarm.
Speaker 1: So right now you're just kind of.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, it's very fun.
Speaker 4: Bread, milk, barfing, no more barfing, barf avoiding stickers for back of ear.
Speaker 3: That was a longer note.
Speaker 2: Then you realize you could shorten it down to be a s F B.
Speaker 3: Yes, good where I'm very bad at that. I watch.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I go down a wormhole watching children spell at spelling bees that I've never even heard of. And I'm so bad at spelling out loud. Uh, it's something I'm just not good at visualizing a word and then spelling. I can write and spell pretty well, thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I can write, and oftentimes I don't mean to really shove it in your face, but it's often incursive.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so sorry, you're doing cursive and spelling simultaneous.
Speaker 3: I'm bringing cursive back.
Speaker 1: And lappy yeah and sexy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the summer for cursives.
Speaker 1: Spelling it sexy cursive summer girls.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dare you to remember with a capital less looks like a cursive all you millennials out there, That's the only.
Speaker 3: Issue I have. But yeah, I'm very very excited.
Speaker 2: You have a lot of you have plans and schemes. Yes, a lot of stuff going on, yes, which is nice. I'm it's Friday today, that the day that we're recording, and I'm very excited because I write as Chris rang my doorbell. I was finishing my last email for Friday, which is sometimes a hard feeling to get, like am I ever really done? It's a real it hangs over me. But I actually got the approval. I asked twice.
Speaker 1: It's like, does anyone else need anything from me?
Speaker 2: Because I'm going to send this email that I'm going to be done and it will be the weekend.
Speaker 4: And did you shut your laptop and then kind of look at it and smile and smirk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then record scratch, And then five more emails came in, No record.
Speaker 4: And you're out paddling out on a wave because it's weekend time.
Speaker 2: And then a blue whale comes up to me and it's like, we're avoiding those boats over there.
Speaker 1: If you want to hang out, No, you have to go to the boats.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, they did. My sister brought it up on her phone. They have a tally of what whales.
Speaker 3: And dolphins had been seen that day.
Speaker 4: Two o'clock blue whale, three o'clock average dolphin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the numbers look good.
Speaker 2: Dolphin parentheses not smiling, Yes, dolphin little to no horne.
Speaker 1: Dolphin below average.
Speaker 3: They do.
Speaker 4: It's really weird how they say whether or not they're handsome or not.
Speaker 2: I know, I think it's it's wrong, but it's so today's society and culture. Yeah, just to be rating dolphins hot, dolphin starboard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is a celebrity dolphins star tour.
Speaker 2: This dolphin looks like it's gained some babyweight type of stuff.
Speaker 4: The other place that was very exciting for my sister. They've brought back a spree. Oh yes, and I know that you're from the Bay Area, So did you ever go to the spree?
Speaker 1: Oh? This Spree outlets.
Speaker 4: That was something we would literally go on a road trip from Montana and stop there so my sister could rummage through that was on the floor.
Speaker 2: It was basically a literal warehouse, not not being hipstery, but a true warehouse where you could go down and get either lie one off things things didn't sell or things that they made and only had at the warehouse. And I think we've talked about this, but there was a chance that if you were spotted at the spree outlet, they might ask you to model in.
Speaker 1: Their next lib.
Speaker 3: I vaguely remember that.
Speaker 2: Yep, they had all regular like shoppers as the models, and that was a big thing in the Bay area.
Speaker 4: That has to be why my sister would go already wearing a spree. Sure, it's like I wonder if I could ask her about that, if.
Speaker 3: She would admit to wanting to being a spree.
Speaker 1: I want to answer for Lisa.
Speaker 2: Lisa, I think you and I know each other well enough right now we have lived parallel lives enough, so I'm gonna answer. I'm gonna take this one for you as her legal representation right now.
Speaker 1: She absolutely dreamed of being a model, and that a spree cattle.
Speaker 3: Now we have to go to court.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was and for some reason fun for me, even though at the time I think it was mostly not clothes for little boys.
Speaker 1: No boys allowed.
Speaker 4: Actually yeah, yeah, but I did run much around and make eye contact with adult women.
Speaker 3: There's I was ahead of my time.
Speaker 1: You were.
Speaker 2: You were going walking around with your little cigar in your mouth trying to take deals.
Speaker 1: Hey there, hey there, I think I could put you in the catalog this season.
Speaker 4: It's funny that I did look forward to it. I kind of want a Spree shirt with the classic font.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm excited.
Speaker 2: You know Lynn Shawcroft, right stand up legendary stand up comic from Canada. And at first she told me this, like, you know, a couple of years after. But the first night she and I met, it was at the Coach and Horses, a very now gone dive bar that used to be on Sense of Bleord.
Speaker 4: I confuse it for the pig and whistle and all the other animal and instrument, the harp and pig, the harp and bird.
Speaker 1: There's a bunch of mom what was the other one that was.
Speaker 3: The bigger cat and fiddle?
Speaker 1: Thank you animal instrument.
Speaker 2: But at the Coach and Horses, I was they showed up and they had been at a show. So of course by the time I was being introduced to Lynn, I was ship faced, and she said she was wearing in a Spree shirt and I tourn Someone's like, oh, Karen, have you met Lynn Sharkraft and I turned on I.
Speaker 1: Went high Spree.
Speaker 2: It was like I could not figure out if you were being mean or nice, And I'm like, yeah, that's how I get you.
Speaker 1: I like to ride that line.
Speaker 3: I actually have known an a Spree first name.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 4: Oh, she was a producer. We worked some freelance stuff with Fuel. She's a producer editor often known as the business as a predator.
Speaker 1: That's not true, it is true. That's the that's the word we use.
Speaker 4: It was a tongue in cheek fun but a producer editor as a predator.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It was a fun office everyone. It was behind anyone's mat.
Speaker 1: It was a fuel turn yes, got it. Yeah, as we were edgy skips. Yeah. Youth culture, it's almost like it.
Speaker 2: Ispree was girl youth culture in the eighties, in the early to mid eighties and slightly into the late eighties.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is Spree that I knew was born at a time where her parents possibly named her after the clothing.
Speaker 3: But I did not want to ask that because.
Speaker 2: Her parents could have been French and they were naming her after the word spirit.
Speaker 3: I think they were other Land.
Speaker 1: Yes, French Canadian, French Canadian.
Speaker 2: Yes, Nova Scotian, Nova Scotian. Who else Martinique? Maybe they could have been for Martinique.
Speaker 4: The cobble, snow and streets of a very European Montreal Monreal.
Speaker 3: Did you ever go to Montreal for the Just for Laughs festival?
Speaker 2: I did once writing for Wanda Sykes, but it is not Uh. I was going to say it's not in Europe, but you meant it's European.
Speaker 4: Right, No, it is a part of Canada that feels like you're in Europe.
Speaker 1: Yes see, like that's my bad habit.
Speaker 2: If you're going to talk about your bad habit of negativity, that's mine where I really love correcting people, and it's it's not a good habit.
Speaker 4: No, it's I mean I know that Canada is not in Europe.
Speaker 6: I mean I.
Speaker 1: Feel like I should know.
Speaker 4: You know that, but when because I had at the time never been to Europe.
Speaker 3: There's a part of old Montreal.
Speaker 4: I think it's called Yeah, and it actually is very European.
Speaker 1: It literally has cobblesome.
Speaker 4: Streets, yes, yeah, and these frenchmen let me get on a trapeez and swing. There was a neat below att but that's not in America. They would never let you just get on a trapeze.
Speaker 1: Are they from they?
Speaker 4: I think they dabbled in cirt delay like circuses, well, but.
Speaker 1: I think c is from Montreal originally.
Speaker 3: Oh then they had to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, and you weren't asking any questions. You were just jumping on that trip.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 4: After our shows, Chad Daniels and I it was very funny, suld We should have him one day on the podcast.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 4: She and I went to a like a party and met these French clowns and it was confusing to me because they had beards and I'm like, DDE, doesn't.
Speaker 3: The white makeup get in your beard?
Speaker 4: But one of them they were buying us drinks and being very nice, kept bringing us.
Speaker 3: Drinks and I was like, these clowns are so nice.
Speaker 4: And the next day Chad got a call from this after hours party and he said, your wallet is here. It's on the couch if you want to pick it up. I see you have a flight at eight am tomorrow. Some of these clowns had picked his pocket and used the money in his wallet to buy his drinks.
Speaker 1: That's amazing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So it was hard to be totally mad at them because they were delightful and they were doing backflips and stuff, and there were great dancers and we were at like it was people had masquerade masks where at like a French ice wide shot party.
Speaker 2: That's very clownish to be like, would you like another drinkets on.
Speaker 4: Those It's like, look, I may do a poodle And then as they grab his wallet.
Speaker 1: They get the credit for being wonderful hosts. Yeah, pay for nothing.
Speaker 3: Those clowns were nice.
Speaker 1: That is really fun.
Speaker 3: It's my wallet. Shit, Yeah, it was great.
Speaker 2: Also, just you saying an eight am flight, no thanks, I just got upset.
Speaker 3: Like I have to get on an eight am flight Monday.
Speaker 4: My flight to Missoula six am, and that's the way I like it, get there right around nine.
Speaker 3: It's also always cheaper to fly early.
Speaker 1: Oh is that true.
Speaker 4: I think that's the reason I'm always leaving at six am.
Speaker 3: That's the time no one wants to fly. Yeah, lower prices, just to let you.
Speaker 4: In behind the scenes of the flight pricing. Thank you, you're well. Yeah, let people behind the curtain off.
Speaker 2: And it humanizes you, you know what I mean. It makes people understand what you're like.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd like to let people know that you might be sick on about things like that.
Speaker 3: M hm, the inside scooped.
Speaker 2: You like to let people know of things they should look out for that you're scared of for yourself.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a good way to let people know your own fears.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, by pretending they're the ones that.
Speaker 3: Are worried about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what we all do.
Speaker 3: I think I do do that a lot.
Speaker 2: I think everybody does. You can't just be sitting there stating your own.
Speaker 1: Fears like a fool.
Speaker 2: You have to be workshopping them as it's everybody's problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's important to let my sweet eighteen year old nieces know and I'm worried about my career in my late forties, because one day they'll relate.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, vacation, I mean you can't just stop being yourself on vacation.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: No, Although I do try to be a chipper in the morning chipper I am eighty, like I've been in a good mood in the morning. I'm trying it because normally I'm like, it's okay that I'm like not the funnest person right when I wake up. Yeah, but when you're around young people who are excited and positive about the world.
Speaker 3: You don't want to bring that to the table. So I've been trying to watch that.
Speaker 2: I feel like a thing you need to give yourself credit for right now is that you're right on the look, like right on a cusp where you're aware of what you're doing and you want to change it, which is like three quarters of the battle. So being in a bad mood in the morning is sometimes a thing people can't control and feel very like tied to it, and you're basically like, I can control it and i'd like to, which is a big Yes, it's a it's a it's a form of self therapy, yeah, and self regulation where ultimately it's like these kids here, you know whatever, you could be blaming anybody for your own bad mood in the morning, and you're not.
Speaker 1: You're like, yeah, I'm going to try.
Speaker 2: I'm going to make an effort to make sure I don't ruin their fic age.
Speaker 4: No, they've they've been putting me in a good mood, Like unshakable positivity is something I do not possess even when I was their age, or maybe especially right.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, that's because you were made to be a crossing guard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was worried about people's safety at a very young age.
Speaker 1: You were forced into the adult roles too early.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think that's also kids these days, just by human evolution, are being raised better than we were, and therefore they get to have all these kind of benefits that we didn't get to have, Right, I would love to direct people less. I would have also loved to have been picked up from fucking school every day, but that I didn't get to.
Speaker 1: Have that that.
Speaker 4: I've been thinking about it a lot, Like where did I eat?
Speaker 3: Where did I get my money?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Was I really just? Hey, can I come to your house for lunch?
Speaker 4: And foraging through my friend's parents freezer for frozen burritos?
Speaker 3: Like I never had money on me?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I think a lot nobody did. And everybody forged through their friend's parents house. You literally sometimes chose who's else to go to based on whose mom bought the best groceries.
Speaker 4: Right, Oh yeah, coming from a house where carib chips, where all.
Speaker 3: I knew of chocolate?
Speaker 4: When I go to a friend's house and they had cereal with a tinfoil bag inside, like why is this tenfoil?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: My god? You get to have a bowl of candy in the morning.
Speaker 2: I mean you showing that root beer mug sticker. I remember being served root beer at dinner one night at my friend Andy Packard's house and being blown out the doors, like, how is this happening? Have I gone to Las Vegas?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: This is next level partying for like a seven year old.
Speaker 4: Yeah, soda dinner is like dinner. Soda dinner is like a craps table till four am for a kid.
Speaker 1: I didn't know I was having a slumber party with Caligula. What the fuck are we gonna eat some pheasant livers? Now? This is living.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, my parents are like, if you want peanut butter, peanut butter, go mix it yourself.
Speaker 3: In the peanut butter grinder in.
Speaker 2: The fucking Remember the old fashioned Laura Scutter's old fashioned peanut butter that had literally an inch of oil at the top and you had to mix it with a knife to get it sandwich ready.
Speaker 1: It's a pre mix it with Laura Scutter.
Speaker 4: Was it grandma's too? Wasn't there was grandma's or grandpa's.
Speaker 3: It was a net.
Speaker 4: There's just a whole world of natural peanut butter that came with three inches of oil.
Speaker 1: Yeah, jop with it. It was. And also it was very hard mix, especially if you were a child.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you.
Speaker 2: Know then if you don't want peanut butter, then you have to pick something else in the refrigerator of nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why my sister and I ended up eating a lot of buttered toast.
Speaker 4: My dad always had the story of like they would say the threat if he didn't like what they were making for dinner, do you want to eat at the neighbors And he always.
Speaker 3: Wanted to say, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yes please, that'd be amazing.
Speaker 3: But I think it was during a time where that.
Speaker 1: He would get slapped yeah in the face, where that was hard.
Speaker 2: I mean, and that was two generations ago, not ancient history where it'd be like you'd ask for something and just get backhanded, and that that was just the understanding.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how you teach children.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Ooh, I think we're in a better time comes to our youth.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, we're going by that place I talked about.
Speaker 4: This is the Vegan Reuben place, this is the little I am incorrect, and I'd like to retract that that was someone's house and we went.
Speaker 1: There to like a random apartment building or it's like, I don't.
Speaker 4: Think if we went there and asked for a vegan ruben, we would pray it would be a comfortable uncomfortable at best.
Speaker 1: Wait, you had a vegan ruben.
Speaker 4: Yes, my my nieces are plant based and right use no plastic.
Speaker 2: And you told me that did you tell me this last time? And you were just pointing it out. I am repeating myself, No, no, no, I was asking because I didn't remember.
Speaker 4: I was no, no, we I swear it was near here, But it doesn't make any sense that it would be that just apartment looked like a sandwich walk up window.
Speaker 2: That was almost kind of like when you're like a kid and you just want to be talking, so you're just like, that's the place I was at before.
Speaker 7: No, No, it was, I really it's it's just on the heels of talking about going to a friend's house and remaging through that I really want to stop at a strangers and ask for a vegan ruben.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, just whip one up old fashion peanut butter.
Speaker 3: Oh. Look at those.
Speaker 4: There's like vented shirts. I wonder if they net them charge a lot for them. I wonder if let's go to their house too.
Speaker 2: There's the there was kind of a great Hello Kitty shirt. I was like, is that going to be my style for the summer? Yeah, stop wearing all black and start wearing Hair'syku clothing.
Speaker 1: That'd be kind of cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think this is the summer that you start wearing me on and dressing like you're in a Wham video.
Speaker 3: Yay, And I will adopt your.
Speaker 4: Goth look, okay, which I also trust me, there were entire years where we're all black.
Speaker 1: It's just easy.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: It's easy.
Speaker 2: And then if you get caught somewhere you don't want to be, you just tell people. I'm the stage manager.
Speaker 4: For Roy Orbison, my friend's woman I dated years ago. Her and her brother and her entire family lived in Malibu and they lived right next door to Roy Orbison, and they did not know that he was a musician at all. And before in that house, Andy from Duran Duran lived there, and they didn't know what Duran Duran was. I think they was because they had older parents.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, but.
Speaker 4: They just said it was the neighbor named Roy. It wasn't until later and he had passed away that they found out it was Roy Orbison.
Speaker 2: Were they just like not intrusive or was it they just kind of weren't paying attention.
Speaker 4: I think it's I don't know. I always wanted to ask a lot of questions, but I think that I would be embarrassing them if I kept saying, how did you not know Roy Orbison?
Speaker 3: How?
Speaker 4: How apparently he had a dog that also wore all black that would bite them a lot.
Speaker 3: No, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's a world.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had a little medallion just like Roy.
Speaker 1: You know what I was going to ask you?
Speaker 2: And maybe we should wait until our guest gets in the car, because it just made me think of when we were talking about anthropomorphic animal illustration.
Speaker 3: Of horse hands.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh Jesus, the street is steep, it is. It made me think the great debate of would a horse wearing jeans have it like on the bottom half of their body jean's legs being on the front legs and the back legs, and then it just goes up half the body or is it back half of the body where the jeans would be worn.
Speaker 4: Oh, a back half, yeah, Because I'm already deciding there has to be a hole for that tail.
Speaker 3: To come out.
Speaker 2: Yep, good plan. Yeah, although you could do it right under the tail. I guess if you were going to do bottom half.
Speaker 4: I've done polar bears that play racquetball. I've done turkeys for the turkey trot. Running with humans. It used to be one of my specialties, but often it only came up because people were like, we want this animal doing this activity, and then they'd knock on my private door. Dimly lit room where it's just drawing animals.
Speaker 1: With hands, Not on your private door.
Speaker 3: This is not where our guests used to live.
Speaker 1: Right are we locked? Oops? Sorry, sorry that was me.
Speaker 3: A terrible foot.
Speaker 1: You've moved, I've moved.
Speaker 5: I met your snowboards in my garage.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 4: I gave Bridge a snowboard that before you go into that, please introduce him.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 4: Our guests, you know, from clubs and colleges throughout the country and from the podcast. I said, no gifts. Put your ears together for Bridge or Winneger.
Speaker 8: Oh.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm getting the mic put on me as we speak.
Speaker 1: Here's what here's an interesting factoid.
Speaker 2: Our producer Anie Nelson is Bridger's producer Honly Nelson as well.
Speaker 5: I had no idea. I didn't think they would be here.
Speaker 4: You were, you were, we were gonna dish about your other podcasts, and now you can.
Speaker 5: Right, you're very quiet for the rest of the ride.
Speaker 3: That's okay.
Speaker 1: Oftentimes that's how our episodes go.
Speaker 2: Bridger, sorry, really quick, but I've done it again with the charging of this car.
Speaker 3: Oh, You've got to be kidding.
Speaker 1: So I think we have to go and just get at a little zap from a supercharger.
Speaker 3: On this side of time, we are at sixteen percent. Well, if we're gonna make it to Phoenix.
Speaker 1: Let's just go. Let's go on that road trip we finally we've been talking about for years.
Speaker 3: It is so cold here, Let's go to Phoenix.
Speaker 4: I am only comfortable when it's one hundred and fifteen humidity the heat.
Speaker 5: I've already been out in the heat. I went and picketed this morning.
Speaker 3: Oh where over at Netflix? How was it? It was a riot?
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: It was the first day of.
Speaker 1: Being over there, and so there's a ton of people, so many people.
Speaker 4: My sister and nieces are picketing right now just because they're pro Union's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I'm not there, but I had a good reason.
Speaker 1: You have auditions and yet.
Speaker 3: A lot of roles have opened up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's really I've done so much networking these uh you know, gatherings. Just I bring headshots because you never know when things are going to pick back up. I'm kidding, of course, it's very important. I hope that SAG striked, you know, the last time SAG struck.
Speaker 3: If I'm using that correctly, that's where residuals came from.
Speaker 4: And health insurance and the best part of SAG. Yes, it's the best insurance. Got daddy a new hip. I'm sorry I called myself daddy again, like to apologize to everyone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's I think it's so monumental that SAG is striking with or that everybody's striking together, and it actually could really change things. And UPS is going on strike, and nurses are going on strike, and a bunch of other people.
Speaker 1: There should just be a general strike.
Speaker 3: It's incredible.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it feels so good that everyone's just saying not anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is very important.
Speaker 5: And now we hope that we don't all fold just immediately cave.
Speaker 1: I mean, it doesn't. It feels to me like fran Drusher has no intention of caving.
Speaker 5: That speech.
Speaker 3: My god, I only I watched it with the audio off.
Speaker 4: I can't remember why it was during quiet time, but I just I could tell by she just seemed so kick ass whatever she was saying, I was believing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Way she truly channeled the way everybody feels right now, way that I could not have expect.
Speaker 2: It was great because also it felt like she was hedging like a couple months ago.
Speaker 5: Oh right, of course.
Speaker 2: So that was the worry is that it's like, well, we'll just always be divided and separate, and I think the entire nation is like, well, we all need to be united because it's truly the ninety eight point seven against those upper right.
Speaker 5: Ready, they're ready to do cats. I'll push us into the grinder.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: At the end of her serious speech, did she do her signature nanny laugh with a wink?
Speaker 3: She should have. I think she earned that.
Speaker 2: But then you zoom in and there's a tears running down, silently running down.
Speaker 3: Oh that would be I'd love to be in charge of that animation. At the end of the speech.
Speaker 5: Were you two big nanny watchers?
Speaker 1: Not one episode I've never seen?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know that the it was for men.
Speaker 2: It was I quite sure who it was for children?
Speaker 3: Was it like a kids show?
Speaker 1: I think so?
Speaker 3: Yeah, interesting, I think so. And she'd always got missed a Sheffield and mister Sheffield I assume was the father.
Speaker 1: I mean it may I don't know if was it on prime Time? I'm not sure, but it was definitely like kids.
Speaker 2: It was just like Charles in Charge, where it's like, oh, interesting, kids are kids are the subject and on all their conversations are child.
Speaker 5: Based, right, the nanny's taking care of the kids. Yeah, I feel like I could get into it. Yeah, I think it's time for me.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I have to interject. That's not what the show is like, God, damn it, what is it.
Speaker 8: It's it's actually like the kids are like a side character.
Speaker 1: Sorry, get in here.
Speaker 8: It's one of my comfort shows. Actually, the writing is held up so well. It's so funny that the timing is incredible.
Speaker 1: I'm not kidding.
Speaker 3: It's it kind of like Golden Girls in that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you should watch it.
Speaker 3: Okay, watch it. This is great.
Speaker 5: Want to Discovery.
Speaker 1: It's actually very credible.
Speaker 8: It's a very sexual show because it's like her flirting with the dad the whole time.
Speaker 4: Oh, yeah, and she wears a lot of mosquito blazers with interesting buttons like bathknob buttons, and a lot of plaid as I recall, but no, I've never seen leopard print.
Speaker 2: Well also, I think, look, we both have declared that we've never seen one episode. And then I went on to tell everybody how it is, like what it's like?
Speaker 1: Yeah, why am I like this?
Speaker 4: It's okay, I'm glad God corrected your correction got corrected.
Speaker 2: It's real time, and thank God because you just on Alyast just solved a bunch of online back and forth and now we.
Speaker 4: Don't have to deal with Yeah, you had written a bunch of with red pen on someone's homework, and I at least came and put a big X over what you're wrote.
Speaker 8: I was just sitting here waiting silently for someone to in the car around, and I was like, I think it's me gotta do it, got it jump?
Speaker 3: Okay, that's our everyone's homework.
Speaker 1: It's for babies. No, it's not. I think it's to it's dirty.
Speaker 4: I think it's programming for cats, Like you leave the house and you turn it on for your cat.
Speaker 1: Yep, everywhere, right.
Speaker 2: I think her voice is very lilting and quiet and pleasant to listen to, and that's kind of the.
Speaker 5: Whole show ultimately soothing.
Speaker 4: I wonder how much the decision to make her president of SAG had to do with her voice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because she could just get the message across. Yeah, it's a commanding cleanly and clearly.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well I'm I'm I'm considerate tvode.
Speaker 1: Yeah for real.
Speaker 2: Now I feel like I absolutely must just just to correct my ignorance.
Speaker 5: I think this is the for and renaissance. Yeah, she's back on the scene. This is truly nothing could be better for someone's career than what's happening right now. And I'm not saying this is a cynical move on France party, right, No, this is not a move you never know. Maybe she's just way ahead of us in the game, but I mean, you give a speech like that, everybody's on your side.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh god, that's my other homework. I got to watch this speech with the sound on. It's important when comprehending speech in general, to be hearing it.
Speaker 1: Hearing it is a big part of.
Speaker 5: The speech from beginning to end with no sound.
Speaker 1: Just so you're just using fran Dresher for her appearance.
Speaker 4: I want I could tell she was speaking with authority and that she has a very symmetrical, beautiful face.
Speaker 3: True, and that's all that I got, you know. The sound was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh boy, if the right lane is closed ahead, how do you get?
Speaker 1: How do I get? What about my needs?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: I would do this.
Speaker 1: Street coming up. We're going to take a right.
Speaker 4: Everything the thing where you to those cones in a panic and then just turn on your blanker and throw your arms in.
Speaker 3: The air repeatedly. I think we should all do it as a group.
Speaker 2: It's called doing it La style. I'm going to do what that guy's doing. Oh as you can?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah in Europe.
Speaker 3: See lad that we were patient, Ridgar.
Speaker 1: It is so hot outside.
Speaker 2: What are some tips for summer living that you that get you through these hot days?
Speaker 5: I am finally accepting the wetness. I'm wet by eleven and then I'm just I'm not doing anything about it. Yeah, I was so wet all of yesterday, went to the movies wet. Oh yeah, and that there was time for me to fix it up, but I just said, why, Yeah, there's no reason to This is how we all are. Yeah, it's like We're just in a sweaty Italian marketplace at.
Speaker 3: All times, there's legs of lamb hanging.
Speaker 5: So I'm just that for me. This is the first summer I'm in the car. The air conditioning's on. It's doing nothing for me. Oh no, I mean the cold is coming out, but my body is just not accepting it.
Speaker 1: It's not just right.
Speaker 3: I remain hot.
Speaker 9: Yeah, if you totally enjol enjoled, if you enjolled yourself in the cool air, and I think I'm using that word correctly, you would only be setting yourself up for disappointment later.
Speaker 1: When you got out the car door opens.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've known you long enough to know your hair a little bit. Is your hair wavyer and curlier?
Speaker 3: My h, that's a good question.
Speaker 5: This is we're currently in a dry heat, right, Hair's okay, right, But the moment that any level of humidity enters the picture, I again, it's another thing I have to accept.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was my You talked about being wet all day when I lived in Austin. It was I just realized, Oh, everyone, just it's okay with this.
Speaker 3: You leave the hout, you take.
Speaker 4: A shower, your hair, my hair would stay wet all day. Towels do not dry, and everyone just got used to it. You hugged people, their shirt would be ringably wet, and I.
Speaker 3: Was just like, I guess that's Texas.
Speaker 5: And I assume your hair was really a ring lists.
Speaker 1: It was huge, it was huge.
Speaker 3: It was huge ringlets. At least each ringlet was a thousand hairs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sometimes what are you two doing with the heat.
Speaker 2: I'm considering wearing shirts that aren't black, you know, I'm just at least considering.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right before we picked you up, we were talking about Karen wearing nothing but neon.
Speaker 1: This is going to be as described at my Wham summer.
Speaker 3: Yes, I am going whale watching Saturday.
Speaker 4: Oh, so the boat will have a breeze and the way, you know, how boats are you get down there by the ocean.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you've got at least a five degree temperature drop.
Speaker 4: I do not miss living in Marina del Rey next to retired boat people who were only in their thirties but seemed to be done with their careers, and because the Echo Park is much friendlier. But I do miss it's fifteen degrees schooler there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh yeah, it has to be like one hundred and twenty here to go to the beach for a warm beach today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is true. That settles it. Let's go to the beach. Welcome to this three hour episode.
Speaker 1: Do you have a Do you have something that you want to show GIF?
Speaker 3: Well, I can't.
Speaker 4: Sorry, we're having a private conversation. I told you that they're not silling to give. I stole them from my sisters. Oh you're a green Kate's bag.
Speaker 1: I thought.
Speaker 2: The whole thing I thought of you showing them to me was I'm going to get you.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Bridgard, we don't live fight in front of you.
Speaker 4: I do want to show you these just to see if they bring back childhood memories for you, but don't take them out.
Speaker 3: I stole them against my sisters. Will Do you remember those?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 3: No? I mean I remember a scratch and sniff sticker, but.
Speaker 4: That is a specific one, and I think it just speaks to a specific I think it was my sister having those stickers. It was a window of time and she went into a sticker store that was all brightly lad and colorful, like a candy shop with a soda jerk that you know, kids come in and talk about their problems, like they're at the bar. They have sticker versions of those places, and it was all stickers that it was just this. There would be stickers for all of us there that would bring back our childhoods.
Speaker 5: So for these these are new but built. Yeah, there's a QR code, So these weren't made in nineteen seventy eight.
Speaker 4: I have to believe that there was a factory somewhere that manufactured these stickers and then they just reopened it and turned on the printing presses and the smelling salts.
Speaker 3: They look incredibly authentic.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes they are.
Speaker 4: I think they are. In the back there's popcorn ones. Yeah, I can kind of picture a cherry with a face. Are you looking forward to turning left into this congestion?
Speaker 5: Listen, I've this is my in and out. This is what I go through weekly.
Speaker 2: Well, because there's a freeway on ramp right, that's what right, that's the congestion part.
Speaker 1: So we'll just have to power through.
Speaker 4: I mean there's people getting out of their moving vans consulting others, and by that I mean getting in arguments.
Speaker 3: This is classic. We should turn on our dash cam.
Speaker 1: This is this is La Baby. Well, I'm sorry for the I'm sorry for the.
Speaker 2: So the do not belong to a conversation that I misunderstood entirely at the top of this podcast.
Speaker 3: I know, I knew.
Speaker 4: I knew it would be confusing, and I knew what I was bringing to the table was was problematic.
Speaker 3: Do any of us get to smell them? I guess.
Speaker 5: Smell them the least you could do.
Speaker 3: Okay, give that a whiff. Do not scratch. You don't need to scratch. It's right there. Yeah, they are borderline.
Speaker 5: You're fine, I'm denying you. Okay. It smells very root beer. It smells like root beer candy, yes, which I hate.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 4: That was the thing with these stickers. When I was a kid, I was very tactile and I did want to lick them.
Speaker 3: But it's found.
Speaker 4: Upon And as for your wishes, last time you did the podcast, we promised we would go through a saying our Bucks drive through.
Speaker 3: We've got to get a coffee. Yeah, for sure, and that's what we're doing right now.
Speaker 1: That's not right. The second because we have to charge the car members. Oh yes, remember that problem.
Speaker 3: Getting ahead of myself. Well, we're gonna sit in the car for a little while.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we can talk about yay, Oh, here we go. This is way easier than that classic experience is just.
Speaker 3: Going to back into it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do we do now?
Speaker 3: I don't know technically.
Speaker 1: Oh is that what you're doing?
Speaker 3: They were here first.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were there.
Speaker 3: Might I think there may be more up here to our left. This my backfire and the car behind us.
Speaker 2: See, it's never going to acknowledge that that's what.
Speaker 1: I did for you.
Speaker 4: Are we one hundred percent certain that wasn't acedventure?
Speaker 3: It's landlords? I hear you birds in their venture.
Speaker 1: I should have started a fight with that guy.
Speaker 4: I should have been an impressionist. He did not even smile.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, God out of the way so we could back in. That's La, baby, I'm afraid.
Speaker 3: And take no offense. I think that's Tesla people.
Speaker 5: Oh it could. What are you saying about our driver?
Speaker 1: I am not just say it.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying it's a beautiful car and it is convenient.
Speaker 3: But there is a certain.
Speaker 4: Level I think of obligation that comes along with being a Tesla.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't you agree? Well, you know what it is. And this has already happened to Bridger and I. We were on our way to our friend's party out at the beach, and I just treat the charging of this battery of this car very haphazardly. I just kind of act like it's not my problem, as if somebody else is going to take care of it.
Speaker 3: And the energy gods.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so when we this day, Bridger showed up, and then when I went out into my car to get something and then realized that my battery was way too low to drive out all the way out to the beach. So when Bridger arrived, I was like, oh, hey, can we take your car because my battery is not charged, and He's like, oh, mine is neither. So we had to then sit there and charge my battery for as long as.
Speaker 1: We thought it would take, get to the beach, go to.
Speaker 2: The party, and that afterwards find a Tesla charging station out there. So the fact that that just happened like a month ago, and I just let this happen with Bridger as the guest, is.
Speaker 1: It's pretty humiliating. No, less learned, not in the least, Almost the opposite.
Speaker 4: It's funny because I do want to get an electric car. I've been talking about it, but I'm still someone that drives around until I'm in the red with my gas gage.
Speaker 3: So maybe I just need to change my personality.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too, Me too.
Speaker 2: Well, it's just a planning ahead thing because the charger is in my garage, so it's not hard.
Speaker 3: Right, It's just like, oh, yeah, of course.
Speaker 1: I left the car out of the garage. Guys, who cares?
Speaker 3: Really, that spot's opening up.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, she's readjusting again and again.
Speaker 3: Look at this row. There's like a thirty of them. Where do we think all these people are? Are they all in their car?
Speaker 2: Yes, they're all in their car because this only takes ten to fifteen minutes, depending on how much you have to charge.
Speaker 3: That's going to be my next question. How long are we going to be doing this?
Speaker 1: That's not bad, it's not bad. It's just not ideal.
Speaker 2: But what we're going to do is we're going to dig deep into Bridges' childhood. So what we know right now and for starting today, your worst Christmas was when you were seven?
Speaker 10: And why why Well, both of my parents died that night yep, which was I mean, were still celebrated, but it was it was a speed bump in the day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if I remember correctly, they both were dressed like Santa Claus and they are caught entangled in the chimney.
Speaker 5: They couldn't. They got an argument over who was going down the chimney first. Yeah, we found them there kind of suffocated.
Speaker 1: We're just, of.
Speaker 4: Course, talking about a deleted scene from Grimlins. Do you remember in Gremlin's that's there's a serious scene where he uh Phoebe Kate's described that's why how her father passed.
Speaker 1: But it wasn't deleted. I thought I thought that heart.
Speaker 3: Was in there. But the dueling parents, who's going to be get caught in the chimney?
Speaker 1: First?
Speaker 3: They found that.
Speaker 4: They replaced that with the Gremlin being tossed in a blender.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, okay, for time, these lines weren't painted.
Speaker 5: All that well, no, that doesn't indicate anything. No, not really, that's for a bicycle.
Speaker 1: I think we're okay.
Speaker 4: I will consult the list. There was some let's get back to this topic. We have we have reminders of what we talked about last time.
Speaker 1: Well, then I have to jump out and charge this car.
Speaker 5: Okay, get it charging?
Speaker 1: I will you not gossip about me?
Speaker 7: We will not, guys, now, I know you will speed gossip.
Speaker 4: Okay, we talked about you getting interrogated for stealing from work. You didn't do it. That was concluded.
Speaker 3: Case has been reopened.
Speaker 4: Did we get to the bottom of the Pepsi Tasty Awards?
Speaker 1: Oh, you need not be revisited.
Speaker 5: But last time that was the big event in my day. Last time I had received I believe, an email from Pepsi Tasty Rewards.
Speaker 3: Yes, and did you follow up?
Speaker 5: Did you get your reward? I entered the club? I mean, how long has it been? A year and a half? Two years?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: Wow, I've seen everything the Pepsi Tasty Rewards have to offer, like what oh, I mean the politics, the inviting.
Speaker 1: The gala, the yearly gala.
Speaker 3: Did you go to the Pepsi dance?
Speaker 1: Who are you going to ask the Pepsi dance?
Speaker 3: What are you wearing? Just a T shirt with Pepsi stains?
Speaker 2: I mean, truly, is it like camel cash where you you could buy shirts and hats and then move your way up in the points.
Speaker 5: That's my feeling. I just don't know where or when they got my information.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 5: I mean, maybe it was years and years ago and they finally decided that was the time to strike because or somebody gave them my email as some sort of hilarious revenge.
Speaker 3: Or hilarious prank. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Sometimes, and I've never done it. Where you can give free stuff if you simply sell out one of your friends and give their email. I have never done that before email.
Speaker 5: I think the thing was to sign people up for like karate dojos. They would have the little boxes in At least this is what happened in Utah at a restaurant, like on top of the garbage can on your way out, you could sign up for karate lessons. Oh and or for a free lesson, I believe, and you would sign up a friend and say enjoy.
Speaker 2: And then they would be repeatedly contacted by the dojo.
Speaker 4: We had a landline when I live with Tig and it would occasionally ring, and it was always a telemarketer of some kind, and David Huntsberger would always pick up any time it rang, He'd pick up the phone and go karate school and then I would make grunting noises in the background.
Speaker 3: It was just a fun thing we did.
Speaker 1: You gotta have fun, Fridger.
Speaker 2: There's a all you can eat sushi bar over to are left right now?
Speaker 1: Is that something you would be a part of.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I if I'm eating sushi, I want it controlled. I want to know each piece has been looked at and inspected. Yes, I don't want to I cannot be sitting in a tray, right And I don't know that that's what they're doing. They probably are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've been to a few sushi places, and I do like the novelty but where it's on like a conveyor belt, like a train track throughout the restaurant, un and you point out what you want as it goes by.
Speaker 2: Yep, they have one of those in San Francisco, and it's you sit at it's kind of like you're sitting at a bar, but it's much wider, and it's a little river that goes in front of you, and then the sushi is on little boats.
Speaker 1: And it go by.
Speaker 3: It's actually floating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's like a I guess from memory, and I don't really remember well because I was almost blackout drunk in this sushi bar and I don't eat sushi.
Speaker 1: So I went there with some comic.
Speaker 2: After a show and it was truly like we were having conversation. But I would just kind of come to every once in a while and be like this place is crazy and then go away again. How I lived a lot of my life, but it was so like the design and the enjoyment of that kind of like being brought sushi.
Speaker 1: On a little boat that had a sail. It's just the cutest thing of all the time.
Speaker 3: That's how they all should be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, I love miniatures, and if there's tiny raw fish involved, come on, I will be in the line that has formed.
Speaker 5: I mean, Karen, you don't eat sushi, But Chris, what do you eat do when all you could eat sushi?
Speaker 3: I definitely would. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Interesting, I trust most sushi because I think even like if you go to a fancy place on the beach here in California, I think there's a misconception that the fish came from the Pacific Ocean. But usually I think it's flash frozen and sent from the same place that you would get sushi in Montana.
Speaker 3: That's incorrect, It is incorrect.
Speaker 1: I don't know on alas. How about you give.
Speaker 5: Us the reliance this is going to be a case by case then doesn't because I've had great sushi in Montana, I've had great sushi in Utah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just flown in. It's flash freezing process. It's state of the art, Karen.
Speaker 1: But why would they be flying something in from Montana. I'm making it away.
Speaker 4: I'm making it up. But it isn't yeah sushi here. It's not like if you're getting certain tunas, none of them I can't remember their names now, all the tunas I've met. It's not from between here and Catalina. It's also from Hawaii. So no matter where you live or you know, if you get lobster, it's from Maine. It's not from the Pacific. Some of the fish is from here, sure, some of it's caught by men on the on the wharf.
Speaker 1: I mean, I just don't. I don't want to argue anymore.
Speaker 4: We've raised our voices a lot, so exhausted. I'm sorry you've seen all these fights, Bridger.
Speaker 2: But the idea that the fish isn't coming from the Pacific Ocean, I just want to stand up as a soul, as a lone West Coaster and say, bull.
Speaker 4: Well, it's just it's far enough away that they can't go with it with raw fish for several hours. It is, it is immediately flash frozen, but it is it is fresh. Freezing is like freezing of fish in time, but it's still Yeah, that's what.
Speaker 3: We don't you know.
Speaker 4: Most sushi is at one at one point frozen.
Speaker 8: It looks like it comes from all over, So some does come from the Pacific, but some comes from the Atlantic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some some Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah the type of fish, right, I mean, yes, I don't know what fish swimwear. That's none of my business, but there must be something different in the Atlantic that some rich person wants to eat right on the beach in California.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the the u Those orange eggs are more plantingful.
Speaker 3: I've never had the orange eggs.
Speaker 1: I can't remember what it's called caviar.
Speaker 5: It is a basically it's a different but it has a different name.
Speaker 4: Row row, thank you your boat gently with the answer, I would eat all you can eat, but it's I grew up without sushi, having access to it, and I didn't have it until I was in Bend, Oregon, just snowboarding. And I also didn't know what what sabbi was. And of course all my friends I was like, what's this green stuff? And they're like, it's dessert. You should take a giant spoonful of it. And I put so much of it in my mouth that I did have to take care of things outside.
Speaker 3: Publicly on the street separately. It's a fun prank.
Speaker 1: That's horrible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they weren't good friends.
Speaker 2: Wait, Bridger, when you grew up in Utah, did you have a franchise called JJ North's Grand Buffet?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 5: No buffets we had were hometown Buffet. Okay, Ponderosa.
Speaker 1: Was that like a western theme that?
Speaker 5: I think I had a light Western thing? Okay, yeah, I think those were the two big ones.
Speaker 1: Okay, JJ North's Grand Buffet.
Speaker 2: They had it in Sacramento and it was a building that was one story with no windows, and it said JJ Norri's Grandbuffet on the outside and then basically inside it was the biggest buffet they could put out, so it literally had everything and people would go there. I think a lot of people went there, like after church on Sunday and stuff. But it was like it was wild and we we would talk about it a lot because we'd drive by it a lot when I went to college in Sacramento, But no one ever went inside because it was like.
Speaker 1: What why would there be no windows? You can't see people eating.
Speaker 2: It's not a normal restaurant, like they've kind of just blocked it all in. But like that, I think people who love and attend buffets that one was like the valhalla of all of them because it was gigantic.
Speaker 5: Well, so they didn't want anyone else to be allowed to even gaze upon the food unless you were a fan.
Speaker 6: I get, or unless you're gonna pay that money, right, Yeah, so it was more of an elite buffet.
Speaker 4: It's not JJ North's famous buffet.
Speaker 1: No, No, it was a one percent or buffet.
Speaker 4: I'm not a big buffet guy, and Ridger, are you a big buffet person?
Speaker 3: You seem like you're health conscious.
Speaker 5: With all you can eat At this point, it doesn't make any sense to me meal, right, I eat every element until I'm sick. Right, So it's not I don't need to go around the thing and dump it on a plate so I know someone will bring it to me and I will eat it and be sick. So I don't understand. It feels to me like self torture.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're not that much more affordable than a regular restaurant. I think you're paying basically the same price as though you're going to a restaurant because they obviously need to pay for all of your mashed potatoes, right, So I would rather just get the one big plate of food and take care of myself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's what I do.
Speaker 4: The good thing is that you can have a little taste of everything.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 4: I love each bite to be different, So I understand my fan. I just am not a big fan of the Behind the sneeze guard there will be you know, chocolate pudding, and right next to it, someone has ladled a ranch across it, so there's white racing stripe on, Like there's too much contamination.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't. Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 5: And the little bite of everything doesn't make any sense to me. It's just confusing.
Speaker 3: I like fifteen different quadrants on a plate.
Speaker 2: No, I agree with bridgera where I think I need my meal to be themed internally, and if if, if you leave it up to me, there will be a waffle on that plate along with something a t bone steak or whatever.
Speaker 1: Like, I'll just do it weird.
Speaker 2: And bad, making bad decisions in the moment all the way down the buffet.
Speaker 4: You don't mind be in charge of those decisions.
Speaker 2: Fashion I can't be because it'll be waffles, mac and cheese, like all bad decisions.
Speaker 5: Yeah, building a puzzle for your stuff.
Speaker 1: Yes, for your emotions to work out.
Speaker 4: Thousand pieces inside your torso and suffer.
Speaker 1: What is your dream restaurant experience? And then Chris.
Speaker 5: Second, Yes, for me, a dream restaurant experience is just an incredible, a lovingly made burrito, mission style burrito, which is almost impossible to find in Los Angeles. I need it to be a burrito that you can when you stop biting it, you can set it on the plate and it stands on its own.
Speaker 3: Right without it having to be wrapped in tinfoid right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and just a cozy atmosphere. I don't need anything more than that. Okay, maybe a checkered tablecloth and oh, soda fountain that I can get, you know, just poison myself with diet.
Speaker 1: Coke, yes, for sure?
Speaker 3: What I thought you were a pepsi boy.
Speaker 5: I may belong to the rewards club, but I do not drink the product.
Speaker 3: It's a little too sweet, isn't it.
Speaker 5: I you know, I will reluctantly drink a pepsi, a diet pepsi. Yeah, Karen and I go over this all the time, and I don't mind it, but I will take the diet coke first.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why I have to buy both.
Speaker 2: Or when Bridger comes over, he will absolutely stop talking to me.
Speaker 1: If I offer only the DP, as I like to.
Speaker 5: Call it, I will pull the fridge over. Just yank it out of the wall.
Speaker 2: Food everywhere, Oh deary Okay, I'm gonna leave it us charged at fifty Yeah that's worth.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go for it right.
Speaker 4: That means we can go one hundred and fifty miles if what I know about.
Speaker 3: A Tesla is correct.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool.
Speaker 5: Now I pull out my gun and say, don't stop driving.
Speaker 3: This a very special episode. Do you need a hijacker?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I love at There's a burrito place in Denver called Illegal PiZZ And when you order them, they actually ask if you want it mixed because.
Speaker 3: You like buy it in it's like, well.
Speaker 4: That's where the cock and gun shot the sour cream and you get miss But they do a good job of like mixing it in there. They like massage the ingredients.
Speaker 5: See this to me, I need an in between with a burrito because I do like getting to a part of the burrito where I'm like, oh, that's a new flavor the guacamole. Now I'm in that section and I've earned it.
Speaker 4: You're right, yeah, And each bite's a little different.
Speaker 5: Right, and they kind of slowly soaked together. If it's all mixed, the imagery is a little gross for me, it's a little predigested.
Speaker 4: Well, I think my dream restaurant is pretty There's a place called elcon Padre right by my house, and I know my sister who's visiting right now, it's gonna like it. So tonight I'm gonna go to elkin Padre and eat a giant plate of Mexican food, and I'm going to eat all the beans and rice as well. Enchilada's what else is happening on the place? I mean, there is going to be you know, I like a little bit of everything. I'll probably get a combo platter. There will be an enchilada, sure, but will there be a crunchy taco?
Speaker 3: You're goddamn right.
Speaker 4: And I don't know, probably too many chips and salsa that I'll have at the beginning that.
Speaker 5: Spoil the meal. Karen, what's your dream restaurant?
Speaker 1: Dream restaurant?
Speaker 2: I mean, I think you're right, like Mexican restaurants are the atmosphere I'm looking for when I go out to dinner. I don't when a place is like fancy, or the tables are close together and everyone's being quiet, it makes me nervous and it makes me like, you know, whereas a Mexican restaurant, you always are loving what you're having at least I am.
Speaker 1: Chips and salsa is one of my favorite things to eat.
Speaker 3: It really is.
Speaker 2: It's just a great and that combined with a diet coke is the greatest.
Speaker 3: I love any dip and any.
Speaker 1: Chip, any combination of anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Thomas, you bet I'm a big ride. Yes I love it.
Speaker 5: But yeah, a Mexican restaurant, you're allowed to be yourself. I'm going out to eat to enjoy myself, yes, not to feel uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: You're allowed to be yourself like Chuck e cheese. Yeah, like I need to be.
Speaker 2: Speak in a loud voice, have loud laughter, be happening the entire time, and not feel like you're somehow day classic like. And then it's also sometimes just if you're having a dinner that might be awkward or stifled. A Mexican restaurant makes you feel like everything's working out just fine.
Speaker 4: Exactly what are your thoughts so on? Suddenly a band coming and playing tableside?
Speaker 3: Oh I put up with it. Yeah, I smile and urgently pay for them.
Speaker 1: To please lead.
Speaker 4: But I love music, but I don't for some reason, I want it loud while I'm eating. I don't know what that is about, because I can't control dancing.
Speaker 2: It's you're combining two things that don't necessarily It's like if you were at the bar and a mariachi band walked up. It's great, you're getting drunk, that's all perfect. Yeah, but while you're like trying to you know.
Speaker 3: You have food on your face.
Speaker 4: That's why I like Al Campadre because these guys are so good and they harmonize. They've obviously been playing together for a long time. It's beautiful music. They're just really good at it. And they have a stage and so everyone goes up.
Speaker 3: Everyone claps after each song.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they put there's a giant tip jar that everyone should be noticing, and you can put you can pay them that way.
Speaker 3: It's I like it.
Speaker 5: I think ultimately, I just don't like to be a captive audience right ever, ever, in any situation. I should be able to look away, do my little thing. We recharge.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we've all heard groans when they announce in a coffee shop that there's gonna be comedy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh that's the worst.
Speaker 3: I hate starting a set with I'm sorry, I'm here.
Speaker 5: It's unfair to everyone in that situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we used to.
Speaker 2: There used to be a show at the Borders Books on Los Aenega.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 6: So people are trying to read, yes, And oftentimes it would be like students from you know, somewhere nearby trying to get their homework done, and it's and it just is like the most it's so invasive.
Speaker 1: It's not a it's not a bar. It's like suddenly it's a quiet bookstore and you're like, hey, but I guess what. It's Tuesday night.
Speaker 3: Like that's worse than a college show in a cafeteria.
Speaker 4: Because at least you know they're there because they didn't look at the schedule. It's kind of on them to know there's a comedian on Wednesday named Karen Kilgarretto.
Speaker 5: I was recently shushed during the opening band at a concert. Really, look, I understand we need to be respectful to the performer.
Speaker 1: Of course, were in a jazz club.
Speaker 3: We were at the Greek last row.
Speaker 1: Outdoors.
Speaker 5: We were not talking actively. There was an occasional sentence exchanged. Then we're shushed and have to remain silent through the entire opener.
Speaker 3: You should have to do that. Who shoushed you?
Speaker 5: Someone who my friend said looked like they were on a journey.
Speaker 2: I wonder if it's a relative of somebody in the opening band who gives a shit about the opening band. That's the weight the opening band carries is no one's going to be quiet for your set.
Speaker 5: Right, you have to earn the attention. Yeah, if you're not good enough, people are gonna chat.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 5: And also if this is a family member, that opener got them the worst seats in.
Speaker 1: The Yeah, someone's back there fighting for the love of someone that doesn't love them bad exactly. That's sad.
Speaker 4: And the Greek is I'm going to admit I've never seen a show at the Greek, but it's a big venue.
Speaker 3: Them calling you.
Speaker 5: Out is very strange, very odd behavior, and it colored the rest of the experience.
Speaker 4: Yeah, did they literally did they go like, hey you white shirt.
Speaker 5: No, they turned around to the two of us and said I came here to listen to music.
Speaker 4: Okay, here's where I'm a bad listener. I really thought it was the.
Speaker 3: Band shushing you.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 4: I was like, there's no way this happened. I got to keep talking about I thought the band stopped and said, hey, third row, I'm trying to play my music.
Speaker 1: Hey, last row, we're really sensitive.
Speaker 4: Okay, sonocular, I knew it. Anything I said up till now probably made no sense. I really thought it was the band.
Speaker 5: I felt like you were tracking conversationally. I didn't notice anything was up.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, I'm selling myself out.
Speaker 2: I'm getting a feeling from and I could be wrong because I don't leave my house that much.
Speaker 1: But out and about.
Speaker 2: I think people are used to a level of I think they're doing shortcuts to connection through negative experiences because that's all they're having like online, right, so fighting and expressing your exact need to the person behind you without thinking through the fact that that person could absolutely kick you in the back of the head for the next two hours. Like that kind of shit is like no one is. People are seemed to be very shortsighted about.
Speaker 1: Stuff like that these days. That is so true, very odd.
Speaker 2: To me, but it made me think of we were at the Hollywood Bowl to see the Dolly Lama way back in the day.
Speaker 1: It was all acoustic.
Speaker 2: It was amazing, mostly Bob Dylan and this woman. It was like, you know, a couple of people spoke first and then he came out and it was like the hush was over the crowd. And there are these people that were near us that had a baby that was like three years old, and a big old hawk flew over the top but you know, through through the sky and.
Speaker 1: The baby went ooh like that.
Speaker 2: And this woman whipped around and was like, you need to why that baby for the Dolly Lama And I could not stop laughing. I was like laughing so hard, I was crying. I'm like, ma'am, ma'am, go back to step one. You're not doing Buddhism right at all. Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was crazy.
Speaker 5: And in such a quiet atmosphere to be that loud about your problem, that alone is horrifying to Yes, regardless of what your issue is, I don't want to stand out in that crowd.
Speaker 1: No, not at all.
Speaker 2: And yeah, you're the overreactor at the Dalai Lama jam, Like what.
Speaker 4: Did everyone notice that, and did she notice the reaction, which I'm sure wasn't everyone on her side.
Speaker 3: I hope she was embarrassed.
Speaker 2: The parents of the baby kind of like smiled and were like, you know, kind of were like, yeah, it's a baby, and I think other people I feel like I remember screaming it's a baby.
Speaker 5: Okay, keep going. You'll enter the drive through in a weird spot.
Speaker 4: Okay, oops, that guy almost lapped in front of your car right here, oh.
Speaker 5: Right there, okay, oh there, Yes, it's so confused.
Speaker 1: Are you fucking kidding me.
Speaker 5: It's a little bit of a magic portal.
Speaker 4: Okay, literally, you're gonna want to take a left into these palm fronds.
Speaker 5: Entry.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna work, but you're gonna have to try it.
Speaker 3: It's a faith exercise.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, sir, he annoyed.
Speaker 5: Lights.
Speaker 1: No, they were already on. Hi, thank you, Hi. Sorry, enjoy your chemicals. We didn't know about the portal. So is this what could we call this your home Starbucks?
Speaker 5: This is not, but I'm frequently at this Dave's Hot Chicken. Oh so I've observed I got a feeling for the neighborhood.
Speaker 3: That seems really happy.
Speaker 1: I know, he's happy I didn't hit him with my car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's so excited that he didn't get run over.
Speaker 2: Okay, Bridger, you can get anything worth up to four dollars.
Speaker 5: So good luck any version of a cold brew, so I don't care. Oh, anytime I try to treat myself to a coffee treat, I just remember, Oh I like the taste of coffee. Yeah, what what did I think was going to happen? I was going to enjoy this more than the thing I love.
Speaker 1: Absolutely not. Okay, what size would you like?
Speaker 3: Whatever is up to four dollars.
Speaker 5: I'll take the biggest under four dollars drink I can get.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm nervous. Should I order my controversial beverage?
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 1: Well? Honily said that they would order it if you didn't order it.
Speaker 4: Okay, Alice, do you want to be the one that by okay, thumbs up.
Speaker 3: You wait till you hear this bridge. You're you're going to flip your lid. I'm going to exit the car.
Speaker 1: Are you doing it? Or is only's doing it?
Speaker 4: I will order it, okay, but I'm also going to get just a cold brew.
Speaker 1: As a backup.
Speaker 3: Yes, And Karen, what are you getting.
Speaker 1: I'm going to get an iced mocha.
Speaker 5: I think, oh, very nice, simple, like a step above a coffee.
Speaker 2: It's a bit of a treat because I have my treat obsession where I always need to have a treat for some reason because people wouldn't pick me up from school when I was growing up.
Speaker 4: I think, would a tiny little cake pop make you feel.
Speaker 1: Better about that? I thank you for this suggestion. I don't like those.
Speaker 4: I think they're weird because they're too derry, that seem like they're not done.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't like it at first, and I learned to love it.
Speaker 4: You just forced yourself, okay, because I realized one day this is just how they make them.
Speaker 3: I must be wrong.
Speaker 4: All the patrons that have ordered cake pops up and tell me it couldn't have been wrong, it's probably me.
Speaker 3: Wow, Yeah, I'm a follower.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: To me. The texture is a little mister ed where your mouth is suddenly just mashing and you don't know how to get it down your throat because it feels like you should swallow immediately. Almost yeah, but you have to kind of chew it.
Speaker 2: You have to muck it around and pretend like you're talking gumm.
Speaker 3: Yes, not the feeling every time I put it in my mouth, I.
Speaker 1: Got wilbur Is that what he said?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: I watched that less than than Nanny.
Speaker 1: Hi? You want? You want your cold brew iced? Right?
Speaker 3: I love it?
Speaker 1: Can I get an iceed Grande cold brew? Two of those? Please?
Speaker 2: Can I also get a Grande iced mocha, but just with one Pampa chocolate in it?
Speaker 5: Please?
Speaker 3: Here we go?
Speaker 1: Also? Can we get go ahead, I'll do it.
Speaker 4: Can I get it Grande iceed coffee that's half ice coffee and half lemonade.
Speaker 1: That's it? Your part was over? Oh? Sorry?
Speaker 3: But did you notice how normal she's?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: She? She did not? Even is this?
Speaker 5: Does someone learn this from TikTok?
Speaker 4: This feels like I wanted a coffee, but I also had golfed the other day. So I on Arnie Palm and uh what I thought? What if there's a coffee version? Because really it's just black tea and lemonade, So why not get the coffee.
Speaker 5: Because black timmy barely has a flavor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm excited about this, and so is the employee.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm gonna round up the story.
Speaker 2: So Chris got this idea, and then I of course argued him because it's my favorite thing to do, where it was just like, it's not done, it's disgusting, don't do it.
Speaker 1: And then uh, but then we asked.
Speaker 2: The guy at that Starbucks, Hey, is that something anyone orders? And he was like, I don't know what you're talking about. And then we're like, great, we'll just have the order we ordered.
Speaker 1: But then today she was like, she was like, I don't.
Speaker 2: Give a single shit what you people are doing. I think it was more of that feeling.
Speaker 3: But Chris, you have had this before? No I have?
Speaker 5: Oh okay, no, we made it up.
Speaker 1: Oh interesting, So now we're gonna have a taste test.
Speaker 4: Fascinating and if it's terrible, do you really want it on a lease or take it big?
Speaker 3: You want to try it?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I think we all have to try it.
Speaker 3: Okay, give me a sip. I'm very excited. Did you say I'll be sick, Well I will, but I give me a sip. It's going to live my day, so I can be sick. He said, give me a sip so I can be sick. Part of me is very excited.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think this is a great idea. I can't this is borderline viral, I think, don't you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this really does feel that way.
Speaker 4: I'm going to have my name on the menu because this is going to take off. Would you like a Chris Fairbanks? They'll say, and they'll.
Speaker 2: Say, oh no, I'm I'm sorry. I have to continue eating in this lifetime.
Speaker 4: Hey, people getting discovered. The stories have been weirder than this. It's my big break everyone.
Speaker 3: I'll take that.
Speaker 5: One more right, all right?
Speaker 3: Anything?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'm gonna take his. If he doesn't like it, I'm gonna take it.
Speaker 3: Oh God, do you mind if I try it? Please?
Speaker 1: Okay, we're good to go.
Speaker 8: Okay, please, I said, I mean.
Speaker 4: It tastes like a citrus cold brew. I forgot that. I've had that many times.
Speaker 3: What where have you had that?
Speaker 5: Place?
Speaker 4: Near my place? It's yeah, citrus cold brew. It's the same as this, And I just realized I've had it before.
Speaker 5: Like an orange juice in the coffee. Can I do mind if I try? Well that just to me, it tastes like lemonade.
Speaker 4: It's kind of good, right, It's just a I forgot about this because when I first got a citrus cold brew from the street level cafe in Eco Park. I had never heard of it, and I fully enjoyed it. And that's just a more lemony, of course version. But you don't know quite how they're making it.
Speaker 3: I think it is.
Speaker 4: Uh, just coffee and they pour some citrus in there.
Speaker 3: Interesting syrup. What do you think on ealise?
Speaker 1: I think it's actually quite refreshing.
Speaker 4: Can I'm sorry, Karen, I'm sorry that I'm going to be famous.
Speaker 1: Everybody, everybody shut up?
Speaker 3: Guys. Yeah, no, you don't like it?
Speaker 1: No, okay, this is the most bitter. It's so bitter.
Speaker 3: Do you like it? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I thought it was okay too, but it is not. It is not an Arnold Palmer no name. That's hard for me to say. I did not realize I've had a citrus group before.
Speaker 1: I just feel like that's so it's all like acidic, there's no right.
Speaker 3: Oh interesting, you're worried about what happens in the body.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and on the tongue, not totally pleasure.
Speaker 3: We have also ordered some pepto bismal.
Speaker 4: Maybe just a hint, Can I have kiss on my stuffing?
Speaker 1: Can you drizzle that on? A pepto bismal?
Speaker 2: Drizzle on top of that, beverage would just take care of the problems causing all at once.
Speaker 3: I'm good. Do you really want that?
Speaker 1: Oh great?
Speaker 4: Okay, oh god, I'm gonna be on the menu everybody.
Speaker 1: I don't know if i'd order it again.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, this is a no. This is a no that you're soft pedaling. Okay, you don't want to keep it. You're not turning your cold brew in.
Speaker 1: I know, I do, I do. I will drink it. That's what everyone says when they love something. Oh I will if you make me, I will.
Speaker 4: I don't care what anyone says I can or this a victory for Analiez.
Speaker 2: I think everyone, I think all of our dear dear listeners should go order that drink the Fairbanks. Yes, go to your local Starbucks or whatever, order the Fairbanks.
Speaker 1: Explain to them what that means.
Speaker 4: If if they look at you like you're crazy, just say a citrus coldbrew.
Speaker 3: And I think that, I swear. I think that. That's kind of known in the coffee community.
Speaker 2: But originally this idea was based in a coffee Arnold Palmer.
Speaker 1: Yes, so it had it would citrus coldbrew.
Speaker 2: I would love to know what's in that compared to what a coffee Arnold Palmer is right?
Speaker 1: Is it the same?
Speaker 4: I but I much like when Edison stole from Tesla, he thought that he was coming up with original ideas.
Speaker 3: Or it was sinister and he was actually stealing.
Speaker 4: I was not actually stealing from the street level cafe.
Speaker 3: I forgot.
Speaker 4: I thought I was organically coming up with a golf caffeinated beverage golf themed.
Speaker 5: To me, when you say citrus coldbrew, I feel like it's gonna be citrus essenced. We're I'm not gonna have just dumping lemonade in there.
Speaker 4: I almost wish the last few times I did have it that it was a little more essence and not half coffee half gelatinous sweetener in the bottom. Yeah, it's he's made good ones, and he's made ones there are a little too on the sweet side.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's like if you boiled it down to just the sweetener, then you wouldn't have the lemonade. You're not fighting the acidic lemonade thing, right, I feel like it is a different in that way.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, in general, orange is less acidic than lemon sure, I think I'm.
Speaker 1: Correct, And sweetener is less acidic than lemonade.
Speaker 5: I would say yes, yes, And which citrus would you put creamer in? Oh?
Speaker 1: Oh, I guess orange juice?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Are we talking like a cream circle or an orange wheel?
Speaker 1: Oh boy, what's an orange? No?
Speaker 3: Is that what it's called.
Speaker 5: It's a gas station beverage that's like orange. It's like whipped orange juice. I mean, it doesn't taste like orange juice at all, but it's like an It has a little kind of like the little scratch and sniff sticker. It has an orange face, orange blast, orange whip.
Speaker 1: I don't know orange julius.
Speaker 5: No, it's kind of it is kind of like a thin orange julius.
Speaker 4: For an entire year of drinking, I was ordering vanilla vodkas with orange juice and it sounds awful. Yes, but this just happened and they.
Speaker 1: Left there in the shade.
Speaker 3: Wow, why would that happen?
Speaker 4: During the middle of the day, A car was diagonally smashed into a like that had to be malicious.
Speaker 3: Trying to drive them off the road.
Speaker 4: Wou Yeah, it sounds bad, but it tasted just like a dreamsicle.
Speaker 3: It was great. I love a creamsickle.
Speaker 1: I have to say typically no to dreamles.
Speaker 3: Oh interesting, I don't.
Speaker 1: Love sticking vanilla on fruit and being like this is also a dessert.
Speaker 2: Oh will you go grab that copy of Hop on Pop that's sitting there at the bottom of that dead end side.
Speaker 1: Who left this here? Is that someone's library book?
Speaker 4: Well, I guess kids maybe walking, but someone thought they would appreciate that. Maybe maybe it's a root for kids going to school.
Speaker 1: What if it's done by this busy road. It's child bait.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's tied to a string.
Speaker 2: Oh there's a crate hanging from that tree.
Speaker 3: Are you a big fan of that car right there, Karen?
Speaker 1: It seems to THEMW two thousand and two.
Speaker 4: If not all that's a that's a mid nineties. That's a car that she had in Moonlighting, Sibil Shepherd. Sybil Shepherd drove that moonlighting.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, maybe that's her apartment.
Speaker 4: Let's go sybyl Sibyl, let us send We love you. We love the soft lens shots of your slow motion turning your head when Bruce Willis says something Caddy, Oh, Sybil, please come out of your little apartment bridge.
Speaker 2: Are you comfortable talking about the class you're taking right now?
Speaker 5: I'm taking a screenplay class just as a way to have some accountability to write this movie. I've been wanting to write, Oh that's great ten weeks this guy Tim Nanan, everyone goes crazy for him.
Speaker 1: How about you.
Speaker 5: I'm having a wonderful time so far, only two weeks in. But I mean it is stressful. I haven't had homework in years, and so to suddenly like have things do.
Speaker 3: Not for me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that sucks.
Speaker 3: And I'm going on.
Speaker 5: A trip tomorrow, so I have to wrap it up before that. So it's that element I hate.
Speaker 3: Oh you have to like cram and write tonight. Yeah. Wow.
Speaker 5: I basically have to think of the entire movie because I have to basically write a one page summary of it before a class on Monday. And of course I have the idea for the movie, but that's all. That's where I thought it would start, an end I didn't think I would pursue.
Speaker 2: So you didn't think signing up for a screenplay class that you would have to actually outline and execute a script.
Speaker 5: No, this was pre signing up for the class. I thought, you know, the idea skirted through my mind and I tried to let it go, but then I thought, well, we're striking I should do something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's great. I feel like I've been wanting to do something like that. Is it in person?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: Over zoom?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 5: And yeah, I've co written a movie once. I've obviously written television episodes, but a movie on your own is I mean, it's a terrifying task. There's just so many things to think about.
Speaker 4: How far do you have to get with it before you go home to visit your family?
Speaker 5: Just this one page summary, so it's like, okay, basically the big beats of the story an ending. And Tim is a wonderful teacher. It's not like he's going to freak out if it's not perfect. But in my mind, I think that's what's going to happen.
Speaker 2: Sure, well, that's a good kind of threat to hang over your head so that you get it.
Speaker 5: Done right, except for when you apply that to everything in.
Speaker 1: Your life, then it gets a little stress.
Speaker 3: And you just simply can't move.
Speaker 5: Most decisions don't get made, everything is pushed off.
Speaker 2: Is this the kind of class where you have to read your own writing aloud to strangers who get to then criticize.
Speaker 5: You it sort of the other Well, actually we haven't gotten to that point there is going to be reading our material. I don't know if we're going to read it quietly or what. But that part scares me to death. There are only three other writers in the class. There are three other professional writers, and it feels like a safe space.
Speaker 3: But still I don't want to do that.
Speaker 5: Yeah no, never, no, no no no.
Speaker 3: So the other you knew the other writers that are taking the class.
Speaker 5: A friend and I signed up for it, and then I knew just by luck was in the class with another writer. And then the other one is on the East Coast. She works for a show out there, so none of us knew her. But we're all having a good time.
Speaker 4: That's great because so everyone's probably taking it just to stay on top of the game.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I mean it really is. I think largely accountability. Not that we're not learning things, of course, it's always He's got a lot of great advice and stuff.
Speaker 4: And it's it's a hopeful thing to do during this strike that he hasn't had any conclusion yet.
Speaker 1: It's proactive.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm proud of you, thank you.
Speaker 1: I'm proud of you too.
Speaker 5: It only took forty five minutes, but here we are. I'm getting a nice thumbs up.
Speaker 1: You're finally getting supporting that you wanted.
Speaker 3: Seeking my entire life craving, you finally.
Speaker 1: Got it, and we got it on tape.
Speaker 5: People will know that two people are proud of me.
Speaker 1: You should bring this recording directly to your family in Utah.
Speaker 5: I told you everyone gather around Grandma listening in your face, Grandma, isn't it nice to be on the road again. It's pretty great we have been.
Speaker 4: That was just you mentioning Zoom made me flinch a little because I can't do it anymore. Since we've been back in the car, it's been I've mentioned this a few times, but it is kind of weird that you have not even seen my face. I could not be Chris Fairbanks right now. But there's something about the just being in a car and not looking at each other's faces that I feel like freeze people up. Oh to be looser and not send your own face right, your own face.
Speaker 3: That's the worst.
Speaker 4: When I would be doing a Zoom show and then all of a sudden I glanced down at my square.
Speaker 3: And you can just see my face.
Speaker 5: Kind of talk whenever you want, right, there's no weird cyber delay right, just.
Speaker 1: A normal delay and weirdness.
Speaker 5: Yeah, then you get to sit in the delay. Everyone loves to sit in that feeling, the real.
Speaker 2: Time delay, which is much more painful. We were telling ourselves that zoom awkwardness was the worst, but actually there's something that can happen in real life that's way worse.
Speaker 5: But it's so intimate.
Speaker 1: At least it's something.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, wow, well thanks for running that car charging errand.
Speaker 5: But of course I love to be part of an errand. I mean, god, bless you from forgetting that. Else what are we going to do?
Speaker 2: We the three of us got in the car at my house and I looked at the battery and I was like, twelve percent.
Speaker 3: What the fuck?
Speaker 1: Not smart?
Speaker 5: One of us has an errand at this point, what errand would you have run? I?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the errand I need to do would have been impossible because I have to smog check my own vehicles. Oh boy, it would be an extra noisy episode.
Speaker 3: Wait you what you do it yourself? Well? It is my car is older, I guess.
Speaker 4: And when I have to get new tabs stickers for my registration, I do have.
Speaker 3: To come with a past smog test.
Speaker 5: Oh but you have a professional look at it.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay in a professional tent.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I was thinking that you could easily cheat if you were just doing it yourself right.
Speaker 4: Now, No, I have to go to one of those fumigation tents that look you know where that you drive your car in and then they tell me, hey, your car runs great.
Speaker 3: And they pat me on the back, and then I show.
Speaker 1: That to my grandma.
Speaker 2: Told you, this is why we're doing smog tests these days. Grandma, you will acknowledge my.
Speaker 3: Success from beyond the grave.
Speaker 1: Umbrature.
Speaker 2: Is there anything you need to plug or would you like to have a final discussion topic that you get to choose?
Speaker 5: Oh? Interesting, interesting, interesting of your film script.
Speaker 3: No, I would not make you do that.
Speaker 5: I should promote my podcast, I said, no gifts. If you like this podcast, there's a small chance you might like my podcast.
Speaker 3: Give it a chance.
Speaker 5: Very parallel, I'm here to steal you as a listener. Yes, I'm trying to drag Dinar.
Speaker 1: Down past yourself. Up up up.
Speaker 5: Both of these angels have been on the podcast. Yes, one of them gave me a star in space. The other one gave me cologne.
Speaker 4: The chances are of your listening right now you're already a fan and already love.
Speaker 5: I said you better be. There are two great tastes that go. It's like coffee and lemonade. Thank you for me to the punch. You're the best bridger.
Speaker 3: Thank you you too.
Speaker 5: Thank you for this coffee. And I'm just thrilled to be in the car again.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: And I take all credit for it.
Speaker 2: You really got us here. Thank you for pushing. Thank you for contacting the city.
Speaker 5: Starting the petition.
Speaker 1: You really threatening the T shirts. You hung up the flyers.
Speaker 3: All right, I will talk to you both soon. Love you, We love you. I hope you're still working for me. Who knows?
Speaker 4: Oh, I hope no minds were changed by this episode You've been listening to Do.
Speaker 1: You Need a Ride?
Speaker 6: D y n Are?
Speaker 1: That was perfect.
Speaker 4: I'm so worry.
Speaker 3: This has been an exactly right production.
Speaker 1: Produced by Analise Nelson.
Speaker 3: Mixed by Edson Choy.
Speaker 1: Our talent booker is Patrick Cottner.
Speaker 3: Theme song by Karen well Garrett, artwork.
Speaker 1: By Chris Fairbanks.
Speaker 2: Follow the show on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook at dinar podcast That's d y nar Podcast.
Speaker 4: For more information, go to exactly Rightmedia dot com.
Speaker 1: Thank you both you're welcome,