Speaker 1: The second date of d A true romantic person can make a date night out of literally any situation, and that's why for their third wedding anniversary, Brook and her husband emptied the septic tank together at her parents log cabin, which set the mood just right. I hope you didn't go rolling around in the mud.
Speaker 2: If you know what, I get your waiters on, Honey, it looks like there's a clog.
Speaker 1: And that's how her son Alder came to be. Don't ever tell him.
Speaker 3: The tree roots that were causing the problems.
Speaker 1: Our listeners. Jeremy says he came up with a pretty unique date idea that he doesn't think has ever been done before. And I'm wondering, Jeremy, was raw sewage involved in your date night? Or are you not as romantic as Brook is?
Speaker 4: Maybe not as romantic as all that.
Speaker 3: Get there someday.
Speaker 1: To a spy. But tell us about the lady that you met. What's her name?
Speaker 4: Sure, her name's Tessa. We met through a dating app, like a lot of people my age do.
Speaker 2: Now, how long did you guys like text or DM before you met up?
Speaker 4: We were like talking for about like three to four weeks. Wore on app. I've been single for a little bit and we really connected over true crime podcasts. I'm really into it.
Speaker 1: Okay, so not so much like raw sewage as like human blood and internal organs. See, it's still sexy in a way.
Speaker 3: I think it's gross.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you both bonded over true crime?
Speaker 3: How do you make a date out of that?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 3: Are you gonna listen to a podcast together?
Speaker 4: Actually that's where this is going. So you know, since we're both into true crime, I have this idea of like, why don't we just go to the courthouse, you know, and like just fit in on like actual trial.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Oh my god. You know, real trials are real boring.
Speaker 1: Alexis just first thought. Guy wants to take you to a courthouse sexy.
Speaker 3: Or no, not sexy? No, what if the guy's a lawyer?
Speaker 1: I was going to say, Rich, wait, what's the case?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: Am I into it?
Speaker 1: Like the drama?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: The person on trial?
Speaker 6: I mean?
Speaker 1: What was it?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 4: Well, it was actually really boring?
Speaker 2: Yeah, how long did you guys stay?
Speaker 4: We sat in on one trial and it wasn't like obviously like a murder case or something really huge. It was just domestic assault kind of thing, and that was boring.
Speaker 3: It's depressing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you're on a first date talking about relationships and then you're seeing the worst of the worship.
Speaker 1: On the bright side, it makes you look really really good as an option romantically. It's like, at least it couldn't be that bad. At least I'm on this side of the jail. Celler. They stayed through the whole thing.
Speaker 4: We like hopped around, you know, like we actually sat in another one and again it was just like a traffic violation, so nothing exciting going on there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like three hours, like, yeah he was jaywalking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is hot.
Speaker 4: We went to the cafeteria in the courthouse and we just had some lunch.
Speaker 1: I've actually heard doing the segment what you at the Courthouse that the that the caffetiers are pretty fire, Like they have nachos and pizza slices and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty fire for like stadium fereuntains.
Speaker 1: Again, like people can make a romantic date of anything.
Speaker 3: You're on a date. What was her reaction, Well.
Speaker 4: She seemed to be like kind of bummed out and everything, like she was on her phone quite a bit. I guess you didn't find it as interesting as well. You know, it's like, not my fault, I would courthouse has had more stuff going on. I can't control that, you know, So you needed to be more.
Speaker 3: Like murder entertainment like they do on podcasts and TV.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I'm saying. Iron It's like you like true crime podcasts, but you don't like true crime like in real life. Well, I hope you went on Yelp and left a bad review for Where's the romantic atmosphere in here?
Speaker 3: Were you guys able to get back on track?
Speaker 2: Ever?
Speaker 4: Not really? I mean that I suggested, like, hey, do you want to go like see a movie or something? Instead? It was still early afternoon, so we had the whole day, and she's like, oh, I got the single one on later day with my friends, so I'm not available.
Speaker 1: I mean after a few hours you kind of that's your window.
Speaker 3: Well interesting you suggested another activity where you just sit and.
Speaker 4: Not talk again. I'm now just seeing that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, clearly a few regrets. Looking back on your date, I mean, how did it end?
Speaker 4: I just kind of petered out, you know, just said all right, well, I'll catch you later, just like I catch on the cheek and I haven't really gotten I mean, she's kind of responded my text, but very short answers, not really engaging, you know, kind of putting off another date. So I just I need to kind a winner back. Do you guys have any ideas, like date night ideas or something.
Speaker 3: I was going to ask you what you do differently if you got another chance.
Speaker 4: I don't think we'd obviously go to the courthouse again unless there's something really juicy, no, thank you. You know what if it had been like one of those Netflix true crime stories that we happen to be like a part of that history, that would have been a game changer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think.
Speaker 1: That happens at the local court, but at least now we have something to work with. We're going to google some of the biggest crimes that have happened locally in our area and maybe we can send you to one of those court cases to get her on the phone.
Speaker 3: Let's just go with drinks. Maybe you guys should just go get drinks.
Speaker 1: We'll start with drinks, then we'll build up to the really romantic stuff and we'll do your second date update right after this.
Speaker 4: Cool.
Speaker 1: Hold on, Wow, what a great idea for a first date. If you're into true crime, just head right to the source and bring your special lady down to the courthouse so the two of you can laugh and make fun of the criminals being prosecuted for low level misdemeanors and then share a hot kiss during the sentences?
Speaker 5: Is that probation and they didn't get to the sentencing party before?
Speaker 3: That's why they didn't kiss.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, where's that suggestion in Cosmo Magazine's Hot Date Night tips?
Speaker 5: It's probably there, probably because that's really where Jeremy took Tessa the other day for their first meetup, because the two of them bonded over true crime documentaries while they were talking online and thought it might be fun to show.
Speaker 1: Up to a real one. They quickly realized court isn't quite as exciting as it seems on the Netflix shows and Judge Judy, so the romance never really materialize and he's just really hoping for a redo num right, Jeremy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's exactly right, I'm hoping for I don't think you should beat yourself up over this, though, because it was I mean, Tessa was into it too, like it was your decision together.
Speaker 3: It sounds like to go to it. So maybe she's having the same.
Speaker 2: Regret right now, like, ah, we would have done something different, it would have worked out, but we did it. Should call him back, I know, because because they had bad vibes, you know, like the vibes could never get on, so you just you don't want to call people back after that.
Speaker 1: Maybe she needs a little nudge from us.
Speaker 4: Yea.
Speaker 1: Possibly she fell in love with the defendant, those bad boys. They always three years for him to get out.
Speaker 3: The bailiffs.
Speaker 1: Make good money.
Speaker 4: That better not. It happened that bailiff was at least sixteen, So.
Speaker 1: I know, Alexis. But we'll see what Tessa has to say. I'm in a call her number right now, right all right, Well, hopefully she answers. Let's see, hopefully she's not missing.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hey is this Tessa? Yes, Tessa? What's up? My name is jeff from a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning and a podcast.
Speaker 2: She's really familiar with podcasts.
Speaker 3: You want to bring that up.
Speaker 2: What show are you calling from?
Speaker 1: It's called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 6: I don't I don't know what that is.
Speaker 1: We're on radio, We're on podcasts or on YouTube. We're all over the place.
Speaker 3: You should listen.
Speaker 6: Radio still exists.
Speaker 5: That hurt.
Speaker 3: That hurt, Tessa, that was like right in my heart. Okay, that was not called for.
Speaker 1: And yes it does. That was a first degree stabbing in public. But that's also why we have a podcast. We're going to forgive you though, if you can give us some answers that we've been looking for to help out our listener named Jeremy.
Speaker 6: Wait, Jeremy the guy I went on a day with.
Speaker 1: That's right, you do remember why did he call you? Well, because he had a well, I can't even say he had a great time. He he told us that you two met up the other day at a courthouse for a date, and even he admits that maybe it wasn't the best date idea.
Speaker 2: You thought it was a good idea going in as well, right to do the courthouse thing since you both like true crime?
Speaker 6: He said, well, okay, so just for doing this. I definitely was open to the idea because we certainly have the podcasting in common. But yeah, I mean it was pretty snoozefest.
Speaker 1: I'll admit he feels really bad that he went through with that, and wants to switch things up for another meetup something more exciting. Uh, I mean sensing some hesitation though from you.
Speaker 6: It sounds like he didn't give you all the details.
Speaker 2: I mean he said, you guys went and ate in the cafeteria. Was that lame because that sounds kind of lame.
Speaker 6: I mean that was like probably the least concerning part of the day. Lunch was fine.
Speaker 3: Oh there was a concerning part.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what was that?
Speaker 6: I don't know if I was going to get him in trouble. But the minute we got there, he was like immediately like, oh, let's go to the third floor. And I was like, oh, have you been here before? Do you like do this often?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 6: And he's like, I've been here before. I was involved in a Ponzi scheme when I was younger, so I had a trial up on the third floor. I know that they do some good trials up there.
Speaker 1: Scammer. We didn't get that detail when we talked to him.
Speaker 3: Wow, And it is honest, but he's so casually dropped it like it didn't mean anything to him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean I guess like he kind of explained that like he got accused that he wasn't convicted of anything.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 6: He just was like, yeah, I know my way around since I've been here before.
Speaker 2: Okay, so he was innocent. So is it just that history that turned you off?
Speaker 6: Okay, you want to talk about history. So the first trial was boring, so we left and he was like, let's go down the hallway to this other room. He's like, I know this fun. I had to go to this trial.
Speaker 3: For a different reason.
Speaker 1: He's had to go to court multiple times.
Speaker 6: God, because he was caught passing bad check and it's all.
Speaker 3: For like, boy doesn't have a lot of money.
Speaker 1: So is that something that turns you on or turns you on? Because now I'm kind of getting interested because.
Speaker 6: I was like, oh, so you've been to court twice and he's like, oh yeah, on my twenties, I like found myself in the court system quite a bit. He's like, I even got wrongly accused of simple assault in a park fight.
Speaker 1: What what?
Speaker 2: It's never good when the person's always wrongly accused, Like if it's like you're.
Speaker 3: Multiple over and over again.
Speaker 2: At some points, the accusations were probably.
Speaker 1: It sounds like he's just in the wrong place at the wrong time all the time. Every place.
Speaker 6: I'm like, maybe there should be a podcast about him, like we're doing it right now.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I.
Speaker 1: Gotta tell you Jeremy's been there.
Speaker 4: Hey, Tessa, there he is.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: That sounds like a hardened criminal.
Speaker 4: I'm not breaking the law right now, I promise you that. And as I said before, I had a pretty wild time in my teens in my twenties, but that's all in the past. And change man. Yeah, I am a changed man. And I mean I was honest with you, and I let that part of my life available to you. And I thought you might connect and be sympathetic because you're into true crime. But I don't know.
Speaker 6: That's a lot. That's a lot like how did you get reformed? Did you get some sort of help or therapy or something, because that seems extreme to go through. I don't quite believe that you're fully changed. I mean, do people ever really change?
Speaker 4: WHOA Wow, that's a very cynical view of things, and it seems very judgmental of you right now.
Speaker 6: Actually, I've never been arrested for anything, so I can't imagine your pleasure.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a good point. Some people completely change around.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 3: A guy that was a convicted grand theft auto.
Speaker 1: He had that and that was It's not something that most people bragging about.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying it didn't divine who he was. He made a bad choice when he was young, like that happens. He had a pretty good explanation for everything.
Speaker 1: Are you still with him?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Weird? Why not the grand theft auto?
Speaker 2: Guy?
Speaker 1: I mean there was some other Maybe you should practice what you preach, Brooke.
Speaker 3: I didn't break up with him because of his felony.
Speaker 1: Overall, Tessa, it sounds to me like Jeremy is being upfront with you, at least about his past. He's not trying to hide it from you. He's putting it all out there.
Speaker 4: I'm literally broadcasting it on the radio now. Apparently.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and listen, anyone on the run would not go to the courthouse, Okay, if he was wanted for something, that's not what he would do.
Speaker 6: Sure, yeah, but how do I know that? I don't know that for sure. Like maybe he's like going to these courtrooms to like learn about how he can be better at crime.
Speaker 4: I don't know how you approach every man is there's a potential that things can go bad.
Speaker 6: Therefore, not every man a beating has committed a Ponzi scheme and try things so some works.
Speaker 1: And in his defense, he was absolved of every crime he got accused of so until proven guilty. And I would like to give him the chance to prove just how boring he really is by sending you on another date with him, and we would pay for it.
Speaker 4: You know what, I'm never going to jump in here. I'm going to go ahead and pass myself. Oh he's very judgemental.
Speaker 1: Bad boy jumping into saying I don't play by the rules of the radio anymore. I want to do it my way.
Speaker 6: Thank you for declining me, because I was about to. I didn't want to have to hurt your feelings, but you just showed your Wow.
Speaker 1: Look at that. A guy commits a few, several dozen crimes in his life and suddenly he's labeled a bad guy. Wow, I guess dismissed.
Speaker 3: We need a gavel.
Speaker 1: I don't have a gavel. I have a tape dispenser in here. So the court dismissed. That just broke the tape dispenser. Look what you did, Jeremy. You broke my tape dispens put his wanted poster on our wall to.
Speaker 4: The tap.
Speaker 1: Rook Jeffrey in the morning. You know, I'm trying to think about what would have made that courtroom date even worse than it already was. Is there anything worse than admitting to all the times you've ever had to make an appearance in the courtroom before that moment?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, if you're at the place where it happened, how could it not be top of mind?
Speaker 1: For Yeah, I've been here many times. It brings back so many happy memories for me.
Speaker 3: Actually used the bathroom on the second floor much nicer.
Speaker 1: Maybe if the guy at the metal detector was like, oh hey, Bob, good to see you again. You forgot these and handsy, some like iron knuckles, then it could have been worse.
Speaker 3: Iron knuckles. I think that's what you means.
Speaker 1: Oh well, Ard Streets Brass doesn't do the trick on this body. But I mean, other than that, I think it's safe to say courtroom first date. Cross that one off of your date list. Ideas, Yeah, if anyone else is thinking about it, there, yeah, there's.
Speaker 3: One guy that's like, dang it huge.
Speaker 1: But you know what, whatever your first date is, whether it was romantic or just super boring, we want to help you out. You can always email the show. We'll call that person who is in calling you back. And check out all of our second day podcasts up online at Brooklynjeffrey dot com brook
Speaker 4: And Jeffrey in the Morning