Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg data check on stocks.
Speaker 3: On the move, and the list I have before me suggests that we're taking a trip to the ball Well, sure, yeah, let's do that with Isabel Lee. Isabel is one of our crossasset reporters. In Isabel, where's the first stop we're going to make as we walk through the virtual wall?
Speaker 1: It has to be cake? Ticker is cake at Cheese Cake Factory? I know, I was like, this is a winner ticker? How come I didn't know of this before? So shares are actually just flat now? But pre market was down as much as six percent. But the restaurant chain's comp sales during the fourth quarter came in below average estimate, So this spread A downgraded stephens to equal weight from overweight.
Speaker 4: The analyst there said.
Speaker 1: Same story, sales declined in the quarter and decelerated sequentially.
Speaker 4: So with shares up already twenty seven.
Speaker 1: Percent year today, asked of the last close, he said he sees limited upside from here.
Speaker 4: The same with Cheesecae Factori.
Speaker 1: Is I feel like everyone knows it, but I actually don't know a friend who has last been there, so maybe recently.
Speaker 4: Yeah. What do you eat there? Everything and the cheesecake?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, and I bring it off home for the next couple of weeks. That's what makes it special.
Speaker 4: Okay, maybe Yeah, So you contribute to their earnings exactly, all right, About what's the next one you want to do? Walmart? So this is in the green by one and a half percent.
Speaker 1: They issued a forecast for folio earnings that mis expectations, so it was interesting to see that the stock is still in the green. Walmart said it needs flexibility and unpredictable time for consumers.
Speaker 4: So Walmart is the world's largest retailer.
Speaker 1: And they're often seen as the barometer for the broad economy because just because of its massive size and reach. So this was interesting because it just highlights the state over the economy is today. I mean, the economy is kind of doing well, but also not really It's like a softish economy. Worth noting though, that Walmart is typically conservative at the start of the year and then they just upgrade or downgrade whatever forecast the all playbook yeahwards.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, all right, finally, uh Wayfair Wayfair.
Speaker 1: So our last small tour is with Wayfair ticker is w stalk is down by ten percent. That's an intra day low four months as active consumers in the fourth quarter came and also slightly below expectations, so William Blair says that the six point nine growth in that revenue likely fell short of expectations. Peers like our Age and Williams Sonoma are also in the red. So the analyst there said that he believes that this is a solid print but nothing major to complain about, just despite their expectations that the byside was slightly embedding slightly higher top line growth.
Speaker 4: Wayfair I used.
Speaker 1: I used to buy a lot when I was furnishing my apartment. Okay, I say used because I've lived in the same place for four years. But it's a good brand. I actually really liked it.
Speaker 2: The Stock Mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto. With the Bloomberg Business app