Speaker 1: It's nine O Gen one Engine with Jenny Garth and Tory Spelling Amy.
Speaker 2: It's me and you again, just you and me. We have all an exciting episode of I.
Speaker 1: Can't wait to talk about this episode.
Speaker 2: You are chomping at the bit over there, I can do.
Speaker 1: It's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: What do you mean, ridiculous in a good way or ridiculous and a ridiculous like bad like Shenanigan's way.
Speaker 1: I mean, I really enjoyed it, and yet it was ridiculous. First of all, the Walshes are going to have marital problems. I don't buy it. Number two, we're going to solve the marital problems. We were on the edge of divorce, and yet we're going to solve them in this minute episode one note with an angel solved, Everything solved.
Speaker 2: Why didn't they have Jim come back with Cindy?
Speaker 1: I am the assuming that James Eckhouse was unavailable and that they wanted them in, So that's why they wrote this ridiculous, far fetched. The Walshes are having marital problems like it was so stupid.
Speaker 2: All the Walshes will never have marital.
Speaker 1: Problem, thank you exactly.
Speaker 2: It's like work.
Speaker 1: And if they actually did have marital problems. They're going to solve it one minute.
Speaker 2: With Jim not even there to help solve it. He just write a handwritten note. Where then wait, where did he go on his little trip?
Speaker 1: They're in No, Oh he went on a cruise. But they live in Hong Kong.
Speaker 2: Oh right, I thought they lived. Why Why did I think that?
Speaker 1: No, they're definitely in another country. I think it's Hong Kong. He's got a big promotion. They're rolling in the dough. Remember he's making like three times and then he's going on a cruise without her and.
Speaker 2: He can't what's gotten in? Did you Jim Walsh that he won't come home to be with his son? Oh?
Speaker 1: No thing, because this is made up. Hooey, this is never This was such malarkey like that was ridiculous. Next you boy, Colin is just my god?
Speaker 2: You we are not recapping like this. This is not how this podcast works.
Speaker 1: Will I will calm down, But everybody buckle up because this is going to be a very entertaining ride.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, we're gonna get into it right after this.
Speaker 1: I Heeart podcasts listen on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: It's time it's well, it's Christmas time, you guys in Beverly Hills. We are talking today about season six, episode fifteen Angels we have heard on high air December twentieth, nineteen ninety five, like right in the middle of the nineties.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, sorry to sidebar, but have you been watching the Melendez thing.
Speaker 2: The Mendez the Menndez brother's on Fox Monitors or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's like the First Monsters with the Jeffrey Dahmer, which I could not watch. I tried one episode and was like, this is that way too gnarly?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But speaking of so, Menendez happened literally like right before nine o two one zero started. I think it was like nineteen eighty nine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we watched. We watched this whole trial play out.
Speaker 1: It's very good. I highly recommend watching it. But it does bring back.
Speaker 2: Did you see my friend Leslie?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 1: She plays She plays a major character, right.
Speaker 2: She plays the mistress of the therapist who gets all the like real details of the murders and then he tries to extort them, get them to like give him money. It's so good, you guys.
Speaker 1: I wonder if she never existed or never had a falling out with the therapist. Would the boys have ever been caught? Because she is really the reason. It does seem like they were sort of. She's the main reason. Yeah, and your friend is really good. She's really good.
Speaker 2: It's such a good actress. She looks perfect for this role. Yes, I just saw her in the airport two weeks ago. No no, I was so excited.
Speaker 1: And nineties con or just like randomly.
Speaker 2: No I was going to New York for something and she was going to New York for the premiere I think of Monsters. No way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you should watch it. It's very good.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 1: I bring it up because it's in Beverly Hills and it's right at the start of the nineties, so there's a lot of sort of nineties esque things. Anyway, I digress. Am I supposed to do the synopsis? Sorry, it's very off track.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay.
Speaker 1: Cindy Walsh returns to Beverly Hills with marital problems.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: Orally, Steve has a come to Jesus moment with his father Rush. Okay, I can't wait to talk about that. Donna is desperate for her birthday present as a Christmas baby. Also what and Kelly. This covers Colin is graving a white Christmas minus the snow ho ho ho. Directed by Joy Did you Say that?
Speaker 2: Directed by Jason Priestley and written by only one person this time, Larry Mullen.
Speaker 1: So it does feel Priestley esque a little less than it used to. He used to be even more, but now it's like he's kind of settled in, but you can tell it's like it still has his sort of touch.
Speaker 2: I didn't feel his touch as much on this one. I felt. I feel like since this season, uh, Jason slash Brandon got a lot more serious about everything and more grounded, and he's now because he's a producer on the show, I feel like he's just so much more like guiled in and calling the shots and in charge, and he doesn't. I didn't feel that same playful vibe that I normally feel when he directs. But maybe he smiles, changing and sort of morphing.
Speaker 1: Into what it is way less playful. You're right, but not bad.
Speaker 2: It's not that it's I think it's great what he's doing. I kind of actually like it a little more because it doesn't take me out of the show when I see like the like you know, three Stooges moments or all the stuff.
Speaker 1: I was in it in this episode, but each storyline is so absurd, Like we can go through the scenes, but like Steve has the biggest falling out ever with his father. They hate each other and now they're best friends. Donna, first of all, who asked their boyfriend where their gift is like one hundred and twelve times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was very like a baby ish about it, but I think probably like if your birthday is on Christmas, maybe you your instinct is to try to make more of your birthday because everybody's forgetting about it because it's Christmas.
Speaker 1: I did love the nat Cupcake who gets to bird?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Okay, I cannot imagine getting a bird that's going to live one hundred years long, yes, way long after this boyfriend has come and gone, because we all know he will leave at some point. There's Stepka, there's other boys. For Donna, that bird theoretically will have to be with her forever. Is I want to ask her so badly? Is this inspired by her bird that bit her nose?
Speaker 1: Remember there's I'm assuming so right, I can't because why would he Why would anyone give anyone a bird.
Speaker 2: No, this is anybody that's listening. Never do that. Never give your girlfriend or anyone for that matter, a bird.
Speaker 1: Unless it's like fine, maybe it's your spouse or your kids. You can give him a cat or a dog or a fish, maybe even a terble.
Speaker 2: But like, you can give him a goat too.
Speaker 1: Go sure if it's a f if you're married and you live in the same home and you're all going to take care of it.
Speaker 2: A girlfriend a bird they even't even been dating that long.
Speaker 1: There were so many better gifts. Yeah, and that bird was probably expensive.
Speaker 2: It was like an African gray right, how.
Speaker 1: About a bracelet anyway? That was ridiculous And then Colin with his raging from the top or not please Yes, but it's just I want everyone to have an overview of I love it, super great and totally crazy, totally crazy.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep, yep. I love though, how they have decorated the Walsh House the kids supposedly, but we all know that was set Dock.
Speaker 1: He did a beautiful job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the set decorators did a great job of decorating the Walsh House, and.
Speaker 1: Cindy looked so pleased with the decor.
Speaker 2: I know she was proud she had a pre I was proud she walked in, So s she walked in. We started across the wash where Susan wakes up in Brandon's bed and is about to do the walk of shame when they hear a knock on the door and uh, pause, who came for dinner? It's Cindy Walsh, thank you exactly.
Speaker 1: But why Susan has been dating him for quite a while now, why would she like slink out of the house like she doesn't want to see Valerie? Like it's just so what.
Speaker 2: I know why she has she never slept over. I don't know.
Speaker 1: That was just sort of a random thing I think to set up. Oh, and then look how embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Of Brandon's mom. Honey, Honey Brandon, are you awake? Honey Brandon? And then she has her ocean moment where she hides under the blanket. I loved this part actually, when Emma, who plays Susan, Uh, she has that whole comforter like like she's a baby in a blanket. It's the cue thing she's told.
Speaker 1: Whether that was her choice or or Jason told her to do, that is so good because I laughed, and she says, has a funny line. Really nice to meet you, Like it was that a good scene?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It was, And I'm excited that Cindy's home.
Speaker 1: I got to tell you same. I was very excited.
Speaker 2: And then Brandon asks where's dad and she says, right now, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like that. Immediately I'm like.
Speaker 2: And also, I don't know that you would say that to your son.
Speaker 1: Thank you exactly like.
Speaker 2: I would be like, oh, he's busy, or I just wanted to come on my own, like I wouldn't say something so true.
Speaker 1: It's working. He couldn't make the trip, but I was so happy to come home. Nobody's like talking to their kid like that after being married for a hundred years in this family and just like, oh your father, yeah, in no worries and I don't care. It's just like, who are you, Sindy? Hey, like what and come on, we know Jim he's not gonna do that.
Speaker 2: No, my Jim would never do that. Thank you. We see Brandon ask what's going on with Cindy and Jim and she says that he loves Hong Kong, but that she has no life, and she explains that Jim boked a holiday cruise with his boss, and he would go with or without her, So she chose to come home because it's Christmas.
Speaker 1: I'm frustrated with the writer because she would have loved Hong Kong like they're fine. They would be having the time of their lives.
Speaker 2: He'd be working, well, he's working a lot, that's the thing.
Speaker 1: So what is but he can She was going to take classes or something or use her degree that she just got at SeeU Counseling. I don't know what that degree was in.
Speaker 2: They're cutting her short, making her seem so dependent on his tests. She is a beautiful, strong, independent woman in her best years of her life. Give her a break, give me a Give.
Speaker 1: Jim some credit too. He's not going on a He's not a jerk. He's not going on a cruise. That's not Jim did.
Speaker 2: Jim just changed completely his personality while when he into Hong Kong. Now he's like a workaholic, doesn't care about anybody but himself. Kind of guy.
Speaker 1: Ridiculous hilly ridiculous country club.
Speaker 2: Rush is volunteering Steve to help his business buddy deliver gifts on Christmas Eve, and Rush says you have to go that extra mile to get ahead, son, and then the old.
Speaker 1: Switcheroo, the old gifts witchero.
Speaker 2: But yeap, Like I feel like I was watching The Brady.
Speaker 1: Bunch totally the other woman get the got the Almighty bake of it or whatever it's.
Speaker 2: I thought, okay, we'll get to that part. We go to colin studio where Colin is showing Valerie the beautiful painting she wanted the auction. She says that she should have done it in the nude. Hmm, but Colin says Kelly would need a lobotomy if that were to happen. Hi. Thanks, you know I've always wanted a lobotomy.
Speaker 1: Again. First of all, you know that I don't even buy her whole it's for David thing. We talked about that last week. So here's this portrait, which I thought, okay, pretty good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was pretty good. I felt like she should have probably Tiffany should have probably taken that home with her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where is that? You would assume totally, you'd assume she got it.
Speaker 2: But if you walked into Tiffany's house and she had over her fireplace.
Speaker 1: So I would be like respect about out respect. But Colin. God, he's just my God.
Speaker 2: The shy guy knocks at the door and Colin buys cocaine from.
Speaker 1: Just a drug deal at the door.
Speaker 2: And not being very like sly about it at all. Valerie confronts him about the cocaine. He says, it's only for the holidays. It's no big deal. You know, everybody loves to do a little coke on Christmas Day, have like.
Speaker 1: A it's only a gram like something like that. I'm just like calling, you're.
Speaker 2: Gross down, like it's no big deal. That is a big deal.
Speaker 1: Also, he's so gross one.
Speaker 2: That's doing drugs like nobody else is doing.
Speaker 1: How about even respect for Valerie who doesn't even do drugs?
Speaker 2: Yeah, none of her.
Speaker 1: Oh you just wait, Jenny, you're about to be taken down.
Speaker 2: No, he tells Valerie not to tell Kelly. Then he offers her a line of cocaine.
Speaker 3: That is all.
Speaker 1: They're a little light about cocaine now. I don't know. Maybe I'm like a prude.
Speaker 2: I think you are. I think we both are, because.
Speaker 1: I've seen cocaine in my whole life only two times, one time at a Rolling Stones concert and one other time, and I was like freaked out like.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, we're so sheltered. I've never actually seen the cocaine par of cocaine, only had it in a bottle like that little bottle he added in. And I've absolutely never touched cocaine Like that does not sound like a good time to me.
Speaker 1: Oof of coffee, I don't advil is the hardest I will do. And I'm checking the bottle and the clock. I've taken two. I cannot take two again until four hours.
Speaker 2: Oh, I love us.
Speaker 1: So I was like, he is just doing coke, like it's like he's smoking a cigarette.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's weird.
Speaker 1: Was and I don't even think anyone does that, Like no one's at a fair like a children's fair, going behind the fakes of snow Hill.
Speaker 2: It's just it's really pathetic. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I'm sure was expensive, Like I don't know what cocaine costs.
Speaker 2: I don't think you're just I feel like it was probably a lot cheaper, because wasn't it, Like I think you're kidding, Like, oh, no, cocaine is heround since the seventies, right like the.
Speaker 1: Six I guess I would assume it's been around for quite a long time.
Speaker 2: Well, it's just weird. It feels very shocking to have this like storyline just kind of like he eased into like it's no big deal.
Speaker 1: Yes, and like everyone's just like no, like not no big deal, but not like Kelly, you need to dump him immediately. Like if I were your friend, I'd be like, Kelly, this dude is doing so much cocaine. You need to get away from him. Like he's doing it breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Speaker 2: No, she's not gonna. Well, I'm proud of.
Speaker 1: Her that she doesn't do it.
Speaker 2: She could always surprise you and go tell Kelly and try to protect her.
Speaker 1: He cries. She sort of does it in a mean way.
Speaker 2: Yeah. We go to the condo and we see that Claire and David. Claire is helping sorry Steve to deliver the gifts that he's been hired to deliver. He knocks on the first door and a very louie woman opens up and says, what did Scott he send me now? And she opens it right there so awkwardly in the doorway, because you would do that, I don't think so. But it is a holly homemaker oven, which is a little.
Speaker 1: Seem happy about.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, that's cute. He got her something to remind her of her childhood. I don't know. I didn't really think anything of it yet.
Speaker 1: Oh, I was pretty into the we've switched the gifts pretty quickly, you knew. I was like, oh, this feels like that one.
Speaker 2: You're a smart cookie.
Speaker 1: Can I briefly ask you a question, yes, what how do you feel about Claire and Steve.
Speaker 2: I feel like that there there's a natural easiness about them, which I like, But at the same time, I do not believe it at all.
Speaker 1: I mean, I on the nose, I agree with you completely. There are times when I'm like, these two are so cool and easy and comfortable, and then at the same time I'm like, is this the I forgot they were together. At one point I was like, oh, those two are together. This is so fa making weird.
Speaker 2: Something I don't visually like get it. I don't see them together as a couple, which you know that happens, but I don't know. There's just like some chemistry issue happening, and it's yeah, it's Claire like, their personalities for me just go together. She's very like overt and you know.
Speaker 1: Literally had a moment watching it going when does Lindsay Price show up?
Speaker 2: Oh that was a good one. I can't anyway, we go to the peach bit and we see Brandon confiding in David and Valery about his parents' issues, and then David mentions that his parents even fought about the garden tools in the divorce. So that's not very encouraging to Brandon, and Nat tells Brandon to chill and offers to talk to Cindy. Brandon says it's a good idea. In bites over to the house tonight for that tree trimming, did you.
Speaker 1: Have a moment where you were like, are Cindy and Not going to have an affair?
Speaker 2: I didn't, but my Lola was watching it with me, and she was like, wait, are they gonna hook up? Because they stood so close to each other when he went to the watch house.
Speaker 1: It was I sort of like must have glitched because I'm like, where are they going? They're going somewhere together, Like this could have been a whole storyline. Oh, like, my god, and they were going to church, but I.
Speaker 2: Can't they're going to church.
Speaker 1: I had a whole moment, a whole moment.
Speaker 2: Let's go to the beach house where Kelly catches Donna opening the gift Joe gave her, and Donna explains that she has a whole system so he won't find out that she peeked. But a bunch of fake snakes bop out of the box with a card, a giant card that conveniently says gotcha. I just I kind of vaguely remember filming that scene. Also, I used to love those cans with the springy, worm snaky thing that would jump out, favorite practical joke ever and gets you every time. So an entire box of those things open.
Speaker 1: It's funny. And also I'm not a fan of those things. I'm like, I don't like a jack in the box. I don't like remember do you remember Perfection? So that was like a game and you had to put those x's and plus'es and o's or something all really quickly in or pop up at you. Very too stressful on the old heart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they give you the anxieties, just.
Speaker 1: The storyline, just with the whole like what's Joe gonna give Donna? It's just like, what this is a what? Yeah?
Speaker 2: There? I think it's cute because she's very playful and he's buying into the playfulness and he knows.
Speaker 1: Her well, I love them.
Speaker 2: Claire are at the next door delivering the next presence, Oh god, and he gives it to a little girl there. Yeah they we don't see her open it now.
Speaker 1: None of us is Steve's fault because the stickers were on the thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, he says that later. It's not my fault. I did.
Speaker 1: The idiot boss is the one who switched it all up.
Speaker 2: And that's also the scene where we see Steve remind us that he has adopted, yes, and that Rush.
Speaker 1: Is not his father, yes, which I'm glad. We're going to solve all that in thirty minutes.
Speaker 2: Right, And then he weirdly tells her to drop it, like okay, because you're the boss of me. Anyways, Oh boy. We go to the Colossa Walsh. Brandon is looking sad as he goes through the Exmas decorations because his family is literally falling apart like his sister. He hasn't talked to his sister since she left, I mean maybe once or twice. He mentions that he talked to her. She doesn't come home for Christmas. His dad doesn't come home for Christmas. His parents are getting divorced. I mean, this is the worst Christmas ever. Cindy explains that his dad has a whole new life and they have nothing in common the which just may not be salvageable.
Speaker 1: It doesn't even make sense. They have everything in common. They are the same people that left five minutes ago. Like what, It's just absolutely so ridiculous.
Speaker 2: I mean, it was a nice scene between Cindy and Brandon. I love that he has a mommy daughter oats a mommy son moment because he needs it. He really does.
Speaker 1: He's good. Yeah, his performance is great. It's just like, yep, unbelievable and like out of nowhere and just like ridiculous. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Forced Anyway, so later that night, they host the Christmas decorating party, where Susan tells Brandon about her first Christmas in LA and I fell asleep during that party.
Speaker 1: I feel like she talks all about the ex boyfriend in that scene.
Speaker 2: So anyway, Cindy tells Valerie about Brandon taking a news so hard, and Valerie says, men make everything about them.
Speaker 1: Okay, Hey, Cindy's gonna take wise words from Valerie.
Speaker 2: But okay, with that hairdo, especially that literally that I think was my wedding hairdo. I got married in nineteen ninety Oh no, not until two thousands, so I might have been inspired by this wedding hair.
Speaker 1: The bob sort of a short bob.
Speaker 2: It was like like a fountain.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, sure.
Speaker 2: And that's exactly who my wedding hair was. No, I really regret that hairdoo.
Speaker 1: I say, never to do something to your hair on your wedding that you wouldn't like, just do every day, because you'll look back and really regret it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, I just keep thinking about the foat the hair she has in the portrait. It's very sort of yeah bob lung bob. Maybe sort of medium bob.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Donna trying to get the details Joe about her Christmas.
Speaker 1: Give Donna something better to do. The whole episode is just her being like, what's my gift, what's my gift? What's my gift?
Speaker 3: What's my gift?
Speaker 1: What's my gift? Thanks for the cupcake, what's my gift?
Speaker 2: They kind of alternate things, like last episode had that big storyline with the neighbor and yeah.
Speaker 1: You make a great point.
Speaker 2: Colin is high as a kite in front of everyone, and David notices right away may all have.
Speaker 1: Everybody has a funny lingo for him being high high. He's high as a kite. He's all electrified, like electricity, like it's all they all. I can't think of him, but every single one of them has like some zinger for how hi he is.
Speaker 2: Did you think he was playing high?
Speaker 1: Well, no, I thought he was just playing Colin. I felt like he was.
Speaker 2: Just had a little extra maybe a coffee and maybe a little extra energy. But I did not get like, oh he's snorting koke.
Speaker 1: No. Oh, but god, they make him do so much cocaine in this episode, like everywhere we turn and then didn't does he take takes it off a pocket knife at one point, and I'm like, oh my god, is that done? Is that done? Do people do that?
Speaker 2: No? I don't. I don't know how you go zero to one hundred on that.
Speaker 1: Boom in on the cocaine because they can't show him like snorting it. I mean, it was just oh my god.
Speaker 2: Where his head comes up like.
Speaker 1: Like he goes down to do it, keeps going in the bathroom and always with the nose webbing. Oh and at one point You're like, he's got a really bad cold. I better get him home because he's like sniffering.
Speaker 2: Does she know at that point?
Speaker 1: I don't think so. No, I don't think so. By the way, do you have like a beautiful glasses chain on your glasses? That's also maybe something a grandma would wear.
Speaker 2: I know, look at it. It's cute though, has gold? I made this? It's gold.
Speaker 1: It's actually really cute. But is that like, so you can take your glasses off and just hang them around your neck?
Speaker 2: Oh? Look, this is me. I'm very I can't have I don't have time to look for my glasses right now. If I need to look at something, I go like this, like a green.
Speaker 1: Is that a glasses chain made by Jenny Garth or or no? This is now?
Speaker 2: Do you like it?
Speaker 1: I do? In fact, it's it's grandma chice, is what I would call it.
Speaker 2: I'm into that.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm into it too, like I yes, I do, in fact like it.
Speaker 2: I'm glad. I'm glad you're right to call out the grandmotness of it.
Speaker 1: And I am not grandma chic.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: And actually I think I hope you sell a lot of them because they're really good. But it just you're not seeing a lot of that these days.
Speaker 2: But you know what's fun.
Speaker 1: Thanks for bringing it back. Yeah, thanks for bringing it back.
Speaker 2: You're welcome. Anyway, what were we talking about? He goes through. That's the moment where we're like, wait, is something Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I was like, are they a thing now?
Speaker 2: He too? Rush comes over to tell Steve what a screw up he is because he delivered Scotty's mistress's gift to his niece, which is going to cost him a fortune. Why is it going to cost him a fortune? Oh, because his wife found I don't get it.
Speaker 1: I guess maybe his wife is leaving him because she found out about the affair. Okay, First of all, how in one episode we go from Rush sort of like liking Steve, giving him you know, you gotta hilp out this job, to being hateful and awful. Steve hates him. There's crying, and then all of a sudden it was fully resolved, and I'm like, how did that happen? How did that happened?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 1: Then we find out dunt dun dum Rush is the biological father and he had an affair and don't tell your mother and what so much?
Speaker 2: So much there to talk about at the beach bit over a burger.
Speaker 1: Have you ever seen Frozen two?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I don't Frozen two. The Frozen movies are amazing, but there's a scene in Frozen two where Olaf very quickly tells the whole plot of Frozen one. And that's how I felt like. I was like, oh my god, Oh my god. He hates him, he loves him, he hates it, he loves him. This is awful thing. You're never gonna speak again. Oh my god, they're best friends.
Speaker 2: It was a lot. I felt like a little emotionally and exhausted, and like, I don't know how Steve went through all that in and out.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to talk about Irons crying.
Speaker 2: Details Rush that it wasn't his fault, and he tells him that he is not his father anyway. They get into a huge fight and Claire tail Steve to apologize to his dad the next day.
Speaker 1: It's like, really, we're going there.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. At the call Donna exactly at three twenty seven am.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, because that's the time of her birth.
Speaker 2: Oh. I thought he would have called her at like twelve am.
Speaker 1: Like he did it at the exact time. Somehow he knew her exact birth time.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's just too much now, And were you.
Speaker 1: Born do you know? I think I was born in the ten o'clock hour.
Speaker 2: I was born in the morning, like eight am or something.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's not mad at Joe cute, but also three am.
Speaker 2: It's a lot though for him to be there.
Speaker 1: Joe is still just relegated to only his dorm. He can never sleep over. It's like, I don't know any football player that is not allowed to leave the dorm at Christmas.
Speaker 2: Well, and also they don't sleep together.
Speaker 1: They could sleep together without sleeping together. You say they allowed. I don't know. I don't know what the rules are.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think that's that they believe in that.
Speaker 1: Oh, all right, respect.
Speaker 2: He plans to give her the present later, which is a what's it called McCall a big giant bird.
Speaker 3: Basically Joe love Donna.
Speaker 1: Like how about port Cameron Bancroft who had to work so many scenes with Bird.
Speaker 2: And say that over and over Joe loves Donna. So now it's Christmas Day and Brandon opens his gift and sees that Santa aka Sendy but don't tell your kids got him a tag Poyer.
Speaker 1: Watch, which was very of the time. Those were the I mean that was no joke. Not as pricey as a Rolex, but not cheap.
Speaker 2: It was more popular I think in the nineties Nan rolegs and I remember Jason.
Speaker 1: Harry I had one, and then I didn't want it anymore, Like I remember being like, I want this, No, I don't.
Speaker 2: They're very big. Brandon tells his mom that if she loves Jim, she has to try to make it work, and Cindy says she's not sure if he still cares about her. Gosh, that's heartbreaking. The doorbell rings and it's the up with Christmas? For who else? But this is James Walsh.
Speaker 1: May we talk about that? This is Christmas?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, who's laps? People do not work on Christmas, especially in the nineties.
Speaker 2: I was thinking that poor guy, he needs to be home with his family. Jim sent Cindy an angel pendant and a card that says, hurry home, my angel, My angel.
Speaker 1: The angel was what I think one are over and suddenly all is right in Hong Kong and the world, and she is off to the airport.
Speaker 2: You know what I think guys do is they they're much better at texting romantic things or writing romantic things in a card, then actually when you're face to face, like expressing their true feelings.
Speaker 1: About something, that's probably pretty fair. Yeah, I looks Hue tied.
Speaker 2: Maybe he loves Cindy. Nobody thinks he doesn't.
Speaker 1: He never stopped. This Old Star story line is a bunch of bulls bleep, bull bleep, so ridiculous, Like they're doing Cyndy and Jim dirty and I don't like it.
Speaker 2: A good point.
Speaker 1: They're not Jim is not going to do that. They're using going on a cruise.
Speaker 2: Dramatic situation so created so like you know, convenient to Brandon's storyline for some reason, which really goes nowhere. It's all one and done in one episode. I mean, yeah, I'm not a fan of it.
Speaker 1: It just seemed so ridiculous to me, but I get it. But they did it for the drama of this episode, like, oh, it's so dramatic. Cindy has come home and thing they're having trouble, Like I don't, it's just no, No.
Speaker 2: Amy is not having it.
Speaker 1: No, because it's just not Cindy and Jim. Remember the seven year itch. Didn't Jim flirt in Hot tub once or something. I can't remember that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Cindy had a little flame with a garden.
Speaker 1: Guy seventeen year itch, that's what it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, she was gardening with some other man and then they were with the swingers in the hot tub. That's what you're thinking of. Had the secretary that nothing ever happened there. She was a little jealous, but there was nothing going on.
Speaker 1: We have it the dreams, remember the dreams. Somebody was having dreams.
Speaker 2: And that's where Steve finds his dad and he says he's sorry, and Rush says that he deserved what Steve told him. And then Rush confesses to Steve that he is, in fact his real father. He had an affair with a waitress in New Mexico, which is remember we saw Steve go to New Mexico and look for his parents, look for his mom, Aaron Brown. Rush bought the rights to take Steve home with him. He said, he bought him.
Speaker 1: I bought my own baby.
Speaker 2: What they don't think that's gonna make people feel good about themselves. But okay, uh, Steve is so Steve all these years and then Rush couldn't tell Steve's mom the truth.
Speaker 1: This is where the tears are coming. Steve's faked tears. That's a hard scene to do. I don't know if it was Emmy worthy.
Speaker 2: Are you saying that there are other moments on the show that are a me worthy? I mean, because I need to see those.
Speaker 1: Some some.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I love you. Yeah, it was. That's a hard scene to play out in the peach pit over you know, whatever was Rush was eating. I don't know.
Speaker 1: It is where I think I blinked too, because everything get resolved in that scene because I literally have no idea when they resolved it.
Speaker 2: They go to the marina because they're going to do this, organize this.
Speaker 1: Slutty yes, yes, yes, okay, yes.
Speaker 2: And then Steve is in a great mood there yep, just crying in the peach bit and now he's in a great mood finding out that Rush is his real father.
Speaker 1: Yeah, suddenly it just went so crazy. And then remember he's at the peach pit and he comes in and says, I've got big news. My dad is my dad. And I was like, then did he go yeah? Neither did I I was like, when did we go from crying and being very unhappy to everything is great and this is my dad's my best friend.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine being lied to all those years? I think it would take you more than you know. I would speak to get over it.
Speaker 1: I think I was so distracted by all the cocaine at the at the children's fair.
Speaker 2: And the gym and Cindy. Oh my god. Remember Colin goes behind what is the slide or something I.
Speaker 1: Like, or the the outhouse, I don't know, Like it was just weird. I was like, then he went to get the coffee first of all, which made me so nervous. He's holding the cow and then it gets hit by the snowball and then there's snow and the coffee is flying.
Speaker 2: And he's high in the kite everybody.
Speaker 1: And she yeah, And then there was another zinger from Valerie like he's got more noses than rude. You know, it's all. I don't remember what it was, but it was all. Everybody just had some weird.
Speaker 2: Valerie comes up to Kelly and asks if she's noticed anything strange.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, she says, he's as high as a something kite, like an e ponyous kite, a word I didn't know. And I was like a perennial kite, That's what it was. And I was like perennial or something. I was like, I don't know that word.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. So also that was probably one of the you know that scene, that little scene probably costs you know, pretty penny with the snow and all.
Speaker 1: The with the fake snow and the whole thing. I'm like, is this episode three parts?
Speaker 2: And for nothing, like just to see Colin snort some coke in a weird place. Yeah, Like thenially to kind of get the tip that her boyfriend is doing bad things. We go to the to the peach Bit again where Steve cut that's when you say he comes in, tells the it's about Rush being his real daddy, so happy yeah uh, and catches Colin snorting the coke.
Speaker 1: Yes, She's like, what are you doing in there? And he's all going to the bathroom and she's all, wipe your nose. It was just like what, oh my heck.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. I don't know how I know what you guys. I know I remembered this storyline and where it goes with Kelly, but I don't know how we get there from here.
Speaker 1: When it is like fast, yeah, because you're in rehab in like a couple of episodes.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's such fun.
Speaker 1: Why would Kelly do drugs like it?
Speaker 2: Just? Come on?
Speaker 1: Why is she dating this loser? I hate Colin Well, I don't know, he's so lame.
Speaker 2: Back at the dorm, Joe was working with the bird some more. Joe loves Donna. Joe loves Donna. I like to break it up with that. That's that's you know what.
Speaker 1: I want to give my girlfriend a gift that requires her to clean up poop all the time.
Speaker 2: And feed it every day and talk to interact with it because it's it needs like personal and a bird like that and need like to have.
Speaker 1: You're right about birds. They live for a very long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then it's Christmas at the Walls House. Everyone is gathered and is happy. Joe arrives with the gift and tells there's so much love gray and Donna names her cutie Pie. She's so happy, seepee. And then the bird, instead of saying Joe loves Donna, starts saying Dan bird, Dan bird, Dam bird. I just like to sound like a bird. It's kind of fun.
Speaker 1: Try it so.
Speaker 2: It was exhausting. Yeah, Colin promises Kelly to never drunk again and says it was a stupid mistake.
Speaker 1: Sure, we find out that they're some past drug use. We find out that this happened this summer. You say, at one point you promised me this wouldn't happen again after this summer. So we find out this guy's got a problemo.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, that's why she's perturbed with him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I find him to be the fact that he's snorting coga on Christmas Day, but whatever, like sit he has learned something from this three day midlife crisis.
Speaker 2: And she says, home is where your father is.
Speaker 1: Mecht of all, it's all resolved. I'm sorry, No is so happy.
Speaker 2: We're probably being so offensive to Larry Mullen who wrote this, but watching it back now, it's just like what were they thinking?
Speaker 1: Thousand percent? And I'm not even saying it's like written badly, Like it's sort of like it's.
Speaker 2: Just the storyline and how fast everything happens and how can.
Speaker 1: You yeah, like just resolving with the bou resolving with the bow. I'm sorry. If you find out your father is your biological father, cheated on your mother, you're not adopted. That is like a year of therapy.
Speaker 2: Why wouldn't they choose to take a storyline that has some meat like that and pull it out over a few episodes at least, because I mean, the show is a serial series now, meaning that like what happens in one episode continues on to the next episode and then the next, Like I don't know if the if the format is changing so that it's kind of like a one off, like where I think this is a one off, but it's not, because Kelly's storyline is just.
Speaker 1: True, right, And I don't know where that bird goes?
Speaker 2: Do we ever see the bird again?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I gotta hope so I can't remember.
Speaker 1: I feel like I think he's still, like we do.
Speaker 2: I want to see him. That's it, that's way we do. We really talked some smack about this one. What do you give it? What do you rate it?
Speaker 1: Nine? I mean, I love it eight? Eight or nine? I love it, but it's so ridiculous. I love the ridiculousness, is I guess the best way to say it.
Speaker 2: There's something comforting about it, right, yeah?
Speaker 1: I think I remember I was eating some soup watching it and just kind of going some mushroom soup sort of just going, this is absurd. Another bite, This is absurd. Ha ha ha ha, Like I love this so much, this is crazy. Is he doing cocon a pocket knife? What's happening?
Speaker 2: Like? Do you remember watching it with your sorority? Do you remember?
Speaker 1: Yes? What's so weird is I can remember the drug stuff, and I can remember the Joe and Donna stuff. I did not recall Jim and Cindy's twenty year marriage falling apart for an episode.
Speaker 2: Maybe because you were young and you didn't care about.
Speaker 1: I just didn't. Maybe I just was like, oh, that's how it goes. I guess yeah, I just I was like the rest. I told Rember and I love this season because I really remember being so in with Joe and Donna, like, oh my god, this guy is great. This guy is so great. This should be forever. And I can remember the all the stuff with Rebecca Gayheart too. But yeah, there's certain things where it's just holes. I'm like, I don't remember that at all.
Speaker 2: I know, Well, Jim does return.
Speaker 1: I think like James Bachouse does come back.
Speaker 2: It's good to hear. I think everybody's doing their best, so I'll give it a nine too. How about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, just so many drugs. Buckle up, you're about to be a big drug addict.
Speaker 2: For like my couple episodes, terrified to watch, We'll.
Speaker 1: We resolve it almost as quickly as the cult, I think.
Speaker 2: Oh good, good, then it won't take that.
Speaker 1: That's it, you guys.
Speaker 2: We we did our best to break this episode down, and we hope that you enjoyed our little We.
Speaker 1: Can't forget to ask Tory if the bird was inspired by her bird?
Speaker 2: Yes, and we can't. I want to know. Is that the bird the bitter nose?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh I bet it.
Speaker 2: Maybe that would be insane if that's the bird, But I think the bird would. I don't know. I think that was a difference.
Speaker 1: I had to get a cast bird like stunt bird. Tory's bird was going to be able to on Q say damn bird, damn bird.
Speaker 2: No, Lorraine's right. Tory's bird was named Charlie, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: But we don't know what this that's its real name. This was an actor bird like that could still be the bird, just playing a different character.
Speaker 2: This is Judy Pie. The bird that bit Tory's nose was a different bird. I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 1: But Jo loves Donna, Joel loves Donna.
Speaker 2: Dam Bird, Dan Bird, Dan Bird. I just want to imitate birds all day. You guys, love you so much. Have a great weekend, and uh.
Speaker 1: Honey rock happy happy sales at QBC.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Oh you guys. You need to know this next episode is season six, episode sixteen, and you're probably gonna have trouble finding that one. So if you have the DVDs or you have access to the DVD collection, you're gonna watch episode sixteen.
Speaker 1: This is season six. I'm buying the DVDs right now.
Speaker 2: It's called turn Back the Clock, and there's some great music in this episode coming up and a special guest star that you don't want to miss.
Speaker 1: Seventeen bucks I'm spending right now. Just want everyone to know, seventeen bucks. These DVDs are going for a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Wow, you're just buying one episode and it's seventeen dollars.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm buying the season season six. Oh man, Okay, all man, I've got seventeen dollars for this show. I'm good with it.