Speaker 1: Second date of date? How soon is too soon to ask someone to move in with you?
Speaker 2: WHOA, that's a huge question.
Speaker 1: It is the first twenty minutes of a date too early.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go out on a limb there, Jeff and say.
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely, wow, Judge, Okay, Okay. That has nothing to do with our listener Corey in his date. It's just a personal question that I've been having for myself. But I'm curious to your horra's thoughts on it. Corey. And your opinion is twenty minutes too early to hand someone the key to your apartment?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Why Corey?
Speaker 1: Yeah, just trying to get an idea of the type of dater or you. Are you a snails paced type of guy? Or jumping to love quickly? Feel like he's twenty four minutes? Okay? Yeah, you like to play it medium, gotcha? But uh, tell us about the date that you went on recently. Who's the girl you met?
Speaker 3: I met a girl named Melanie, Okay, and honestly, she's the prettiest girl I've ever gone out with.
Speaker 1: Oh, I must feel good. I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know, and dating is hard, I mean a lot. I don't meet people easy, so I tried these apps, and I think most of them don't work. But I did get to talking to Melanie, and she has curly blonde hair, and she's like the perfect height.
Speaker 2: What is the perfect tight? I'm just curious for.
Speaker 1: You, different for everyone, you know, like five three, Yeah, that's perfect.
Speaker 3: And I really liked that she didn't have fake eyelashes.
Speaker 1: Not perfect anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those can.
Speaker 3: Be a lot, because I just think, you know, the fake eyelashes are just a big red flag that.
Speaker 1: You so far or you may not know this, but Alexis does have giant fake eyelashes that she wears into work every single day.
Speaker 2: What's the red flag about him?
Speaker 3: They're fake? And like, but I just like a girl to be like her natural self, you know, as if she's getting.
Speaker 1: Highlights, because no, let's just physical stuff. Tell us about the date that you went on. Where did you take her?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 3: I found a neat place to go to dinners because I thought, you know, we'd had some good food and talk and I thought everything had gone well, and then I got uncomfortable. I wasn't sure, so I googled, like, how do you know if you had the perfect date?
Speaker 2: Is this? After we dealt with the date when you're googled or.
Speaker 1: You're googling this at the table.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, like the next day.
Speaker 1: Okay, the next day you were really went.
Speaker 3: So there were four questions and I went through them. So like the first one says was I comfortable and and I was, like, you know, I had a really good chair, So I was physically comfortable, means.
Speaker 2: Emotionally, I think comfortable sharing right with her and being yourself.
Speaker 3: I would say yes, I was not ten. I mean I'm obviously a little nervous, but I thought I was comfortable all right.
Speaker 1: So out of four, let's check on that one.
Speaker 3: And then the next one is did I laugh? And I mean I never had like the huge Big Bang Theory kind of laugh, but I chuckled.
Speaker 1: You laugh big at the Big Bang Theory?
Speaker 3: Huh oh Yeah, that show is a knee slapper.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Now you say that, I don't think that you've laughed with us once.
Speaker 1: I know we're not making any any Big Bang Theory. Yeah no, I just don't think we're funny. But you did laugh with her at all?
Speaker 2: He giggled.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah I did, and so I think that's a pass. I go check mark on.
Speaker 1: That one, Okay, what's next?
Speaker 3: And then it's did she ask me any questions?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 3: So she did, like I ordered chicken with no onions and she was like, wow, so you really don't like onions. And I mean she asked me other stuff too.
Speaker 1: It's deep. She wants to get to know you.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a big conversation.
Speaker 1: He's like, I don't answer those questions on the first date. Okay? Is that the whole list?
Speaker 3: And then the very last one was after the date, do you feel excited? And it'said, excited means you want to sing a bop or dance, or you call a friend and if you feel that way, don't worry about it. It'll be fine tomorrow. But and I did Celtics excited like I did, and I called a friend and then but then tomorrow came and uh, and she's not texting me back. I'm like, I'm excited, but maybe she isn't. I don't know what happened.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean you sound like a pretty analytical guy. Were you able to come off you think as natural and show off like some personality on the date?
Speaker 3: I mean, like, how would you do that? Like, what do you mean know, did you.
Speaker 4: Like talk about your interests or make jokes? Were you self deprecating it all? I just think it's important to make some sort of emotional connection with someone.
Speaker 1: Did you bring any like flair to the date, like something a little bit out of the box. I've maybe tried the disappearing finger trick on her.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, that's flair. Would be one of those hand buzzers.
Speaker 3: We just had dinner. There was no fingers thing. I mean.
Speaker 2: To do the fingers chicken with no onions? Is that not blair enough?
Speaker 1: She does the hand motion and she's like, where did your finger go?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: My goodness, could sparks something? So how long has it been since you and Melanie went on that date?
Speaker 3: It's been like five days?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right? And no response at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Maybe she didn't feel as excited as I did.
Speaker 2: Maybe man, Brook is yawning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Brook can't stand to be on the phone.
Speaker 2: You can't see.
Speaker 1: Anyway. You can tell Brooke is really invested in this. When we come back, we're gonna call Melanie, not you.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: It's just early, that's all.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do our best for you. I promise when we try and get your second date update right after this. Okay, okay thing anyone listening to me second date update? If only our man Corey would have brought his checklist along on the date with him instead of waiting until afterwards to do.
Speaker 2: It, that would be a good idea job.
Speaker 1: Well, then maybe they could have checked each other's boxes together.
Speaker 2: Maybe she's a box checker too, could.
Speaker 1: Be because Corey says he doesn't date a lot, but he managed to lock down a dinner with a woman named Melanie.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's the mel Yeah, got confused.
Speaker 1: For a second. But the thing about Melanie is she's our natural no fake eyelashes and the perfect height of five foot three. He couldn't think of any missteps or mistakes or missed opportunities that happened during the date. The only is him missing her after it's all over. So we're going to try and reconnect them here in just a second. Corey, how you feeling, Oh?
Speaker 3: Well, nervous.
Speaker 4: You know, we readed a lot on her like physical appearance. What did you like about her personality?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean she's honestly, she's the best person I've gone out with.
Speaker 1: Oh, don't tell me much.
Speaker 4: I feel like, why for a guy who's like looking for naturelle?
Speaker 2: You know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Brooks was trying to figure out something that she can steal from you to put into her next anniversary card to her husband.
Speaker 2: Oh, she's trying to try to get the romance out of him. I see, I see. I like that.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't know. She's kind and she's nice and I like that about her.
Speaker 2: All right, So.
Speaker 1: Don't force Brooke to make you find things about her personality that you will if you like her for her looks. That's totally accepted.
Speaker 4: We're calling this person. It's good to know we're calling a kind, nice person. You know, this will make it go easier for us, even we.
Speaker 1: Have been mean if they were not.
Speaker 2: Kind of nice, if they mean to us, absolutely and be mean back.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, we're all going to put on our best, kind, nice faces for this phone call and try and get you a second day. You ready, I think?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 2: All right? You got this luddy, Here we go.
Speaker 5: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hey is this Melanie? Yes, Hey, Melanie, what's up? You're on the radio right now with Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Hi, Hey, Melanie, how you doing?
Speaker 4: The show.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, I know.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, what do you know?
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, you can't believe you guys are calling me. I don't really know what's happening, but I did receive a text, wait, from minutes ago from Corey.
Speaker 2: He texted he what what? What did he say?
Speaker 5: He kind of just like warned me that no, you guys were going to do this.
Speaker 2: Yeah wait wait wait wait wait.
Speaker 1: You just ruined it. That's the whole point.
Speaker 2: I know, but that might be good for her. That shows that he cares about you. And what did not like surprise you with these types.
Speaker 1: Of supposed to give her a heads up.
Speaker 5: I don't know what's going on. I just he just told me, you guys are gonna call me, So okay, okay, that's all said.
Speaker 1: So what we're doing here is called a second date update. That's where we try and help listeners who've been out on a date to figure out the reason why they're not getting a second meet up.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Apparently it's not because he had the wrong phone number. He said, you haven't texted him.
Speaker 1: Back in like five days.
Speaker 5: I haven't.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, that's okay.
Speaker 1: You're allowed to not call someone back. But it would help him if he could get a reason or figure out if something was wrong about the date, because he's just unsure.
Speaker 5: Okay, So we were talking about TV and he got really really excited about a TV show and I'm like, okay, what is it? And He's like, it's an older TV show and I'm not even remembering what it was because I don't even know what it's all. And then he just said, Helen Hunt is so unappreciated.
Speaker 4: And haven't I thought you were going to say Big Bang Theory because he brought up with us that he was a fan of Big Bang Theory.
Speaker 2: Helen Hunt. Do you remember her?
Speaker 4: She was like a nineties actress that was in a bunch of sitcoms.
Speaker 5: You cannot bring Big Bank Theory up. He brought a TV show I've never heard of, got very intense and animated. He got very very excited about it, used his hands a lot.
Speaker 4: But don't you kind of like, hi, when people dork out over things that they like, you know, he just he finally found something to show you that, yeah, fun.
Speaker 5: It wasn't that. I honestly, I like a little bit more reserved men. I just do.
Speaker 3: OK.
Speaker 2: So he was too excited.
Speaker 1: When we talked to him, he did not seem soonper high energy.
Speaker 4: Show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 6: He's too excited about Well, let's put that into the test, because I gotta let you know, Melanie that Corey's actually on the other line listening right now and wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 5: No, he's not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how this works. That is wild, Corey. What do you think about what she said? That you're too much for her? You're too animated.
Speaker 2: I am still in shocked.
Speaker 3: I don't understand. Honestly, I was just trying to be nice, and I thought I was probably boring. I probably wasn't exciting enough at all.
Speaker 2: I'm glad he said it.
Speaker 4: I didn't want to say it, but like after your review of the date, that's what it sounded like to me, too waiting to say that I'm.
Speaker 1: Broke. Apparently you were wrong. Apparently he was way over the top exciting.
Speaker 3: This is confusing.
Speaker 1: Maybe you can help clear it up for him, Melanie, because I don't think it's matching with what you said.
Speaker 2: Are you sure you're remembering the right.
Speaker 1: Is the right guy?
Speaker 5: Yeah? And you you are so nice. It was just a little too much for me, and that's it. I mean, with it right now. I mean, you put me on the radio extreme.
Speaker 3: I can tone it back if you want.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would like if you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just hear how he said that guy, you'll be asleep if you tone it back anymore.
Speaker 3: I mean, I get it. I can get excited about things, but.
Speaker 5: It's just like a little.
Speaker 3: Not to date me.
Speaker 5: Okay, well you know what, Yeah, you're telling a little crazy. So just suddle yourself right way you're.
Speaker 1: Saying right now, he's sounding crazy.
Speaker 5: He's getting a little looked up. I can kind of hear it in his voice.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe can you tone it down a little bit when you talk to her? Here happened?
Speaker 3: Okay, I've been told that. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I think this is the first time I tell you that.
Speaker 3: This is why dating so hard. You never know what people want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is shocking.
Speaker 4: I mean, I will say, Melanie, in Corey's defense, he's listening to you, he's taking in what you're he's not he's not even upset about what you said.
Speaker 5: I get that. I just for my personal preference, I just like don't want to be with somebody that's that animated and like so out of control like that.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's something that Corey can work on. He can take some classes or something before the date. She makes it sound like a cartoon. Care Corey, can you talk to her in a calm, controlled manner to prove to her that you're the man she wants you to be.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure I agree with what you said. I don't know that I need to be on medication or you're pushing back against.
Speaker 2: So I was joking. That was me, Corey. I was joking about being sedated.
Speaker 1: Well, now's your chance, Corey to talk to Melanie a little improved to her that you're the right guy.
Speaker 3: Melanie would be a little Quietermorry, can I just think? Really pretty?
Speaker 2: Do you hear that Melanie's sweet?
Speaker 1: What other calm things would you like to say to her?
Speaker 3: Okay, can we try this again?
Speaker 1: Are you feeling the growth here already? Melanie? I think we're taking steps towards a calmer, more even keel version of Corey here.
Speaker 5: Well, I know that's what you're hearing, but you guys, that's not what I'm hearing.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's still too intense for you.
Speaker 2: How are you meeting men that are more calmness? I know I don't understand.
Speaker 5: Okay, this is my truth and I'm living in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bro keep your judgments over there. It's fascinating, Melanie. We all respect you and what you want for yourself. That's totally up to you. But we would love to send you out on another date with Corey on our dime if you're up for it. If not, that's okay, please.
Speaker 5: You know, if they just get the off this air, we can try, we can try again.
Speaker 1: All right. Well, I want to be excited for you, Corey, but I feel like that would backfire against us. So this is good. Hoorray, don't test there. Let's let's try it a little try a little lighter, Corey.
Speaker 3: Hooray.
Speaker 1: Congratulations Corey, you're now finally ready to date a real woman.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like this is what would happen if MPR did second dates.
Speaker 4: I know, brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: So if they actually do end up going out on a date and being a.
Speaker 2: Couple, are we making a bet right now?
Speaker 1: I'm just saying she is going to own him. Oh, he's okay with it though, totally sound desperate to do whatever it took to get into her good graces.
Speaker 2: It's what some men want.
Speaker 1: It's going to be a situation where she's not only wearing the pants in the relationship, but the overcoat and the socks and the shoes too. She's in a little control and there's going to be a tiny little man quietly stirring a pot of soup in the corner.
Speaker 2: Is this your guys, This fantasy or no? I can't tell what you want.
Speaker 1: I think it's fantasy maybe, but that might not work for the average person.
Speaker 2: But hey, it's still a relationship, and that means we're a success. What I'm saying.
Speaker 4: We never said we guarantee a healthy relationship, or we didn't guarantee partnerships.
Speaker 1: It's just a date. We try to hook you up. That's the bottom line, okay, and we are willing to go to any lengths to make it happen. It's right.
Speaker 2: Read the small print.
Speaker 1: People email the show, we'll call that person. Wasn't calling you back?
Speaker 2: Brooking and Jeffrey in the morning