Speaker 1: Find Down with Dandy Kramer and Michael Coffin and I'm a radio podcast.
Speaker 2: And we're back again.
Speaker 3: I think it's always I never know what to say when we hey, good, I never know what to say. Maybe with the intro line should maybe we should.
Speaker 2: Have people emailing on what we should say every the start of every show, like an like an entrance, like good morning America.
Speaker 3: But it's I don't know what Hey, jack ass, how you doing Happy Monday?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: Is it just happy Monday? I mean you think?
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, sure, sounds like somebody has a case of the Monday. You know. It's off of space Honey, Come on, I don't watch.
Speaker 3: That was the I'm like, don't get that humor, you know.
Speaker 2: Before we got show. It's funny. Jana was calling into the room where we podcast at home, and she was like.
Speaker 3: Joy Chase, anyway, Mike, And it's so I cannot get their names.
Speaker 2: It's so funny because I used to give my parents so much crap for always doing that with me and my sister and my brother, and my dad would even even call me like his brother, his brother's name, like my uncles. He'd be like Paul Tara, Jack Mike, I'm like, you're looking at me. How do you not say my name?
Speaker 3: I literally called Jolly Waffles today after I called her Jason.
Speaker 2: She's But what's funny is I've even had that moment at times where yeah, I'm like Jack, Jase, Jolie, and it's just so hard.
Speaker 3: There's so many games.
Speaker 1: You're always why is it so hard? And you're not just like me, like I'm just thinking about myself, but like you're thinking about every once you got everyone's name, you know, is.
Speaker 3: That what it is? So I know, I don't think it's such a good topic because why is it that? Because truly, I was like, Waffles, Joline's.
Speaker 1: Going a million hours a minute, a million miles a minute, because.
Speaker 2: We have four mouths defeat, we have four little codependents, little dependence Chance, Waffles, Jolie, Jace.
Speaker 1: I guess true.
Speaker 3: But I've never called I've never called one of the kids your name. I've usually called I've called, I've called Jase Jolie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like that's easy. With the Jay's, you're just kind of like throwing a name out there and hoping it stick.
Speaker 3: But I haven't been like, hey, Mike, why is it why is it the kid's name that we get confused with.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, because you're saying the same things to them.
Speaker 2: Mark, you do that? Have you ever?
Speaker 4: Definitely do that? And I'm trying to do some research as to why we do that right.
Speaker 1: Now, because you're saying the same You're saying, like, Megan, pick up your clothes, what's another M name? Why can't I think of another M name?
Speaker 4: But it doesn't matter this it's about keeping You keep your children's name kind of in the same section of your brain, so when you say it wrong, like when you're going for your son, you're more likely to say your daughter's name than a different male in your life because they're kind of stored in the same party.
Speaker 1: And you mark at them.
Speaker 3: It's interesting.
Speaker 2: It's like you're reaching in your the same pocket. You don't know you're reaching for gum, but you grab a coin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, you like that.
Speaker 2: I just can't remember that.
Speaker 3: We love your luck in America.
Speaker 2: Mark, and I love it.
Speaker 4: You're absolutely I'm still like.
Speaker 3: You're reaching for gud, but I kind of get that it's in the same pockets.
Speaker 2: It's in the same pocket of your.
Speaker 4: Brain, So I do understand times you can even take a pet's name by accident, because it's kind of the same sort of maternal love that you feel for them, paternal love my dogs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Sophie, Sophie.
Speaker 2: And that's so interesting. That makes sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks for that. It does make sense. I'm not losing my mind because I really truly thought I was.
Speaker 1: No, you're not. Don't worry. You got a beautiful house. Your house is like all decorated and.
Speaker 3: Cute, and we're so fastive over here, so ready for Christmas.
Speaker 2: It was like November first we had. Even though we celebrate Thanksgiving, we just kind of go from Halloween straight to Christmas.
Speaker 1: It's not going to be a popular opinion, but I do not like Thanksgiving. I don't care for the food. I didn't. I just not into it, I know.
Speaker 3: I So you didn't have a good Thanksgiving?
Speaker 1: Then, oh no, like it's always great, but I just like my countdown is it goes countdown to birthday, so I just could care less.
Speaker 3: So what did so? What did you eat then? For things?
Speaker 1: Well, I always just have like turkey, gravy and bread. I'm just like not into it, you know, I don't know why. I don't ask I don't bake anything. I don't cook anything. Maybe that's why I just love Christmas so much. But literally I've been listening to Christmas music for a month, which actually I'm a questioned, like really, like I'm actually serious, wouldn't like I need Christmas music from you?
Speaker 5: Me?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Like I really do?
Speaker 3: I actually have one out? Oh I'm doing an album next year.
Speaker 1: Spoiler alert, Yay, I'm doing I'm doing a Christmas album. I know because literally obviously coming out of I'm just listening and it was like Laura and Lena and like George and then like Jesse Deck, I'm like, okay, any Jana, like I need like Janet.
Speaker 3: Well, there is one that I did with Straight No Chaser. Well, I guess what we were going to talk about this next week, but since you brought it up, I think we should do it. Sorry, okay, oops, so no, that's okay. I just since we're early on Chris was good. But I did do a song with Straight No Chaser and it features me on there do you guys want to hear it? No, I had no idea.
Speaker 6: It's like I'm so excited, ready go.
Speaker 5: In and hang down.
Speaker 3: So that's it. So Straight No chaser, there we go, guys.
Speaker 2: Spotify right now.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I'm excited.
Speaker 3: I have another one, but it never it's not on Spotify.
Speaker 1: Well, like, how does that like?
Speaker 7: When? Where?
Speaker 3: How?
Speaker 1: When?
Speaker 3: Like? I need that? What that song? That song's on Spotify? You just go straight, chaser, Jan Grammar, That's yeah, it's on Spotify right now, people. And then I did one with Todd chrisly too, so look up his album Todd. But so, Michael, the other day we were talking about you look at wait on a second, I mean not to like a Christmas memory sore we go and Todd sings on this too.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm so there you go, you asking you shall receipts I just received and I need like one hundred more of those because that was glorious.
Speaker 3: But no, Michael, we were going to bring this up next week for next week's podcast, but he was like, Hey, what are your favorite Christmas songs?
Speaker 2: You're top three, three to five Christmas.
Speaker 3: So I've been making my list, so I feel like we should play them, Michael. Why don't you play well our number one.
Speaker 2: We don't have to play them.
Speaker 3: Why it's so good, Let's play one of them? You want me to sing yeah.
Speaker 1: Better, I'm not.
Speaker 3: Oh really, can you not play those things on there?
Speaker 4: You can play a certain amount a few seconds, I think is fine. Like what you just did is okay. And plus it's over your phone, which adds another gray area to it. But it's weird. Playing music on podcasts is weird, which is why you podcast.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, here we go list you didn't listen to a couple of weeks ago podcast.
Speaker 1: Then do we go down the music lane?
Speaker 2: I heard the whole thing, all right, So I'll say like my top probably three individual Christmas songs, okay, in no particular order. Okay, uh, Little Drummer Boy by Pentatonics, Oh we're doing okay. That song is so good by them, their version of it pretty much anything.
Speaker 3: Michael will blay, but he's like King of Christmas.
Speaker 2: Have yourself from Erily Christmas or I'll be home for Christmas Michael bou Bley. And then of course, my boy, hold on, I'm gonna play a.
Speaker 3: Second every We're gonna give you one second, five seconds smart just clo second five seconds of it.
Speaker 1: Get to the good part.
Speaker 3: Chris Brown, you know my boy, Chris Brees, Chris Christmas Christmas.
Speaker 2: It's so good.
Speaker 1: That's funny.
Speaker 2: So yeah, like my top three.
Speaker 1: Gret Sky okay, so mine. This has always been a favorite song, but I listened to it like a month ago. Laura and Elena's version of Holy Night. Oh literally no no no, no, no, no no no, like oh it was she brings him like a choir s at the end, it was I'm not going to sing it, but the part where you go sing it coas and you really draw out the fall.
Speaker 3: I no, yes, you can, you know, It's like, okay, do it? No no.
Speaker 1: I love that one. And then I like the one I'm gonna have to sing it because I don't know the name, but I'm not gonna sing it. I think it's a Mariah Carey one, but I don't care who sings it. I love every Chris that I like that one, but it's not that one. It's the one where they goes this sing in deck the hole.
Speaker 4: Christmas Chris is maybe please come Home.
Speaker 1: I love that one because I love like every version of any and then she goes, I love.
Speaker 4: That and that's originally Darling in Love. But you too had a big hit.
Speaker 7: With this one.
Speaker 1: I love that one. I love that one and then I really like, oh, oh my god, how can I forget rocking around the Christmas Tree? Like, no, that's a good Wenesday you will get when you're here. I love that bar is normally Okay, there you go.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so Tennessee Christmas by Amy Grant, it's so good, have yourself and Merrily Christmas by Sam Smith incredible, he's so good. Hallelujah by Pentatonic?
Speaker 4: Is that a Christmas?
Speaker 3: Hellaliah?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I just love that talking.
Speaker 3: It's a good it gives giving you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to choose that. Okay, that's a Christmas, isn't it?
Speaker 3: I mean yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the broke again.
Speaker 4: Huh yeah, there was a secret chord that David played and it please the Lord?
Speaker 1: No, yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't know that that's Christmas r it is.
Speaker 3: It's on the Christmas Spotify album.
Speaker 2: I think, Yeah, it's been used a lot of different ways, but when it's played at Christmas, it's definitely.
Speaker 3: I love that song. And then are you ready for this? Ariana Grande?
Speaker 6: This next?
Speaker 3: That's a jam. That's the one we were talking about that night that I couldn't find. But then that and then ninety eight degrees Christmas Silent Night breaks my heart. Lisa, I love out there knows what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: I just think maybe it's like the spirituality of it. I just love Christmas music, and I just like when people.
Speaker 2: See it, it just makes me like, oh, we just played around the household day now, all day long.
Speaker 3: And it's been happening since like the second we November actually the first, No, it was the day after Halloween is when I started. Sorry, but it's just Mark, do you do you have a fave?
Speaker 4: I've got it all ready to go obviously not Halloween. Breaking it into three categories. One is uh contemporary, oh love it, one is traditional, and one is original.
Speaker 1: You tell them.
Speaker 4: My favorite contemporary Christmas song is Happy Christmas.
Speaker 1: John Lennon, Oh, interesting, so this.
Speaker 4: Is Christmas that one?
Speaker 2: You've heard it?
Speaker 3: Yes, a good one.
Speaker 2: Actually said that the other day, Mark, and I wanted to add that to my top.
Speaker 4: It's all a peace of love and it's it was relevant then and it's sadly still relevant.
Speaker 2: Great great song.
Speaker 4: I'm helping war is over twenty twenty. My favorite traditional is a Holy Night, which Sarah mentioned that one. There's that no who I'm not going to do it Mariah and it can be a church, it could be anywhere.
Speaker 3: Because that's wait, that was the ninety degree one. It's not Saturday Night Holy Night. Yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Yep, there's oh no, dear goosebumps every single time, and then original I figure, do you know One Republic's Christmas Without You? That's a beautiful song.
Speaker 2: Oh I know, really One Republic.
Speaker 4: One Republic has a great It was on one of the very special Christmas albums. It's really good. So I recommend that check that out Spots Without You, and I'll throw in there just because of the country vibe. The piano at the beginning of where are You Christmas? Makes me, oh my god.
Speaker 1: I listened to that last night from him the Great Hill.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: Are You?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah?
Speaker 4: It is so.
Speaker 1: Incredible, so sad so Christmas music?
Speaker 3: Why is it so sad?
Speaker 1: Hold on?
Speaker 3: I got then there's like santas So it's great that.
Speaker 4: I just love that this holiday has its own genre of music like no other holiday can claim that.
Speaker 5: Bud Yeah, oh man, well my favorite is probably my only wish this year by Britney Spears Sancho You why didn't I say that?
Speaker 3: I have been so good this year.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that is a jam good for Christmas?
Speaker 3: That one?
Speaker 4: That's what?
Speaker 5: Then I love a Winter Wonderland. That's a favorite of mine. Scotty McCurry's version.
Speaker 1: Is is when I block all of these what am I doing? Picking three?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, because you could say it about like every Christmas song They're all good.
Speaker 3: But seriously, to your point, Mark, I mean to have its own genre. Yeah, music is so awesome. I what if you met someone that said they didn't like Christmas music? Can they? Can you like trust that person?
Speaker 1: I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: Sorry, they probably don't like it for a sentimental maybe, Yeah, for like a traumatic reason. That's true.
Speaker 4: You have to be understanding that's true. Like d Dean Ungler. Yeah, I love Deanungler from The Help I Second dating. He hates holidays, he hates Christmas. But I get he's got some very negative It brings him back to family, it brings back to his mom who he lost at a young age. The messages so much so I respect that and I.
Speaker 1: Empathize with you well, and I feel like it's not that they hate holidays. Maybe they hate.
Speaker 3: One or you know, holidays are lonely and when you don't have your family or a loved one. That's what's I mean? What do they say? You know, that's when a lot of deaths happened too, because people are depressed.
Speaker 1: Well, and you have to listen.
Speaker 3: You don't have to play this.
Speaker 1: We got to listen to this. Lauren a Landam part Okay, is this the climax of the song?
Speaker 3: It's so good?
Speaker 1: Some in choir coming in.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, Yeah, she's incredible. I was a little emotional.
Speaker 1: Not gonna lie.
Speaker 2: Well, everyone keep pumping those Christmas chands while we take a break.
Speaker 3: A beautiful comfortable bed changes everything. You sleep better and you wake up rested and happier. You spend a third of your life in sheets, so don't you want a third of your life to be comfortable? And this holiday season, it's time to gift the ones you love or yourself with something a little cozier.
Speaker 8: Betting loungeur towels and more.
Speaker 3: And Lucky for you, Brooklynen is celebrating their days of gifting with great offers daily on all kinds of products. Everyone should be able to find beautiful home essentials that aren't ridiculously priced. Brooklynen works directly with manufacturers and directly with customers, no middleman, just a great product and service.
Speaker 8: It's more than just a stop for your bedroom needs.
Speaker 3: Brooklynen is in the bathroom now too, with towels, shower curtains, bath mats, and even launched ultrasoft Laundeur that makes you feel like you've never left the bed. Luxury sheets, robes, Laundeur, towels and more, all luxury products without the luxury markup.
Speaker 8: Brooklynen has it all right now.
Speaker 3: Brooklyn dot com is having their Days of Gifting where each day they have promotions on a different surprise item. The only way to get access to Brooklyn's Day of Gifting event and free shipping is to go to brooklyn dot com. That's Brooklynen, br Oka, l N e n dot com. And if you're just hearing this and it's after the holiday season, you can actually still use the promo Codejaan at brooklynen dot com for ten percent off.
Speaker 8: And free shipping anytime.
Speaker 3: Brooklynen everything you need to live your most comfortable life. Lola is a female founded feminine care brand offering high quality period and sexual wellness products made with natural ingredients. Lola's tampons, pads, liners, and cleansing wipes are all made with one hundred percent organic coton, so no toxins, dies or synthetic fibers. Women shouldn't have to compromise when it comes to feminine care products. Lola products are made with ingredients that are easy to feel good about. Lola delivers exactly what you need, exactly when you need it, and it's never been easier to try Lola too so. Lola offers two trial sets, each featuring a mixed assortment of period products made with one hundred percent organic cotton for just five dollars.
Speaker 8: Both sets include.
Speaker 3: Six compact plastic applicator tampons, one light too regular to super one Super Plus, pair with either two ultraliners or two cleansing wipes.
Speaker 8: And by the way, you can change the box to whatever you want.
Speaker 3: When you purchase a trials that you'll be auto subscribed to full boxes of both products starting the following month. Lola will send you a reminder email before your subscription officially starts, so it's risk free way to try the products before.
Speaker 8: Making that monthly commitment.
Speaker 3: But when you actually do start the subscription, you can change the box whenever you want.
Speaker 8: It's customizable to you, so.
Speaker 3: You can choose mix your products and absorbencies down to the exact number of lights and supers and a box of tampons. So for me, it's so easy and I don't have to run to the store again. Lola subscription can fit your needs because you know your body best choose from tampons, pads, liners, cleansing wipes, and also they are hypollergenic and made with one hundred percent organic cotton. So select what you want and how often you want it. It's as easy as that. You can skip, you can cancel it in time. It's honestly one of the easiest subscriptions I've ever had, and Lowe will always send your reminder email to to days before your next orders process, so you have the opportunity to make changes whenever you want. So it's never been easier to try Lola. Get started with a trial set today. Get thirty percent off your five dollars trial set today. Visit Mylola dot com and entered Jana thirty to redeem your offer. Visit Mylova dot com and enter Jana thirty to redeem your offer. Can I just say something frozen two not appropriate?
Speaker 1: WHOA really? That just took me by a wild surprise.
Speaker 3: That's not age appropriate that I almost wanted to leave.
Speaker 1: Please tell, please tell, not app appropriate for who?
Speaker 3: Well, it's a lot of comments have been made about it. What's I went, this is a couple of weeks ago. I think it's Oh, Mark, we pulled that up situating.
Speaker 4: I would think, what is it?
Speaker 3: I don't know, I don't know, can't lasting.
Speaker 1: Guidence PG is correct?
Speaker 3: But what age? Did they technically say PG is four?
Speaker 2: Oh they don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, I think, Well, I thought parentally, this was a couple of weeks ago. Obviously I saw the movie, and we haven't talked about it. I forgot about it.
Speaker 4: Well, it's good to let me say it before any spoilers come out.
Speaker 3: Well, it's been out that people are upset.
Speaker 1: Oh really, I mean, I don't know any of this, so please like EDU.
Speaker 3: Came basically, Disney said, this is for their ten year old princesses, And I'm like, you should have warned the four year old princesses that are seeing this movie. And you hear death and dead about twenty times in the movie.
Speaker 4: In the original Frozen, the parents.
Speaker 3: Die right kind of, but they didn't.
Speaker 2: They didn't.
Speaker 3: Lost at Sea, Lost at Sea, Well, they said the word dead and death at least ten times, and there was a few people that died and said they died. And maybe I'm just being overly uh sensitive to that, but I did not. I was really upset that we didn't have any warnings about how because there was there was people close in that story that died, and my child was sad and scared and asking about death.
Speaker 1: Okay, sorry, I was kind of okay, I get it, so like okay.
Speaker 3: And they kept they were making jokes about that person died, that person's gonna be dead. That's not funny to joke about. And I did the movie was there was a joke about death, and I was just like, do they just say that.
Speaker 4: Kids? But we're going to see this over Christmas with my niece who's four. You think this is problem now?
Speaker 3: I think it is to be cool. I mean, but again, I'm I'm a very I'm not a helicopter parent. I'm in the middle. I just don't think it's I don't like it. Like Jolie's coming off from school, she's just learned this war and she's like, this car is dead. It's I'm like Jolie, please don't say that, baby, like you don't do you know what that means? We can, you know, but she doesn't understand. She thinks dead is funny and when they're joking about death and Frozen two, that's not funny.
Speaker 1: What is it like pertain to like?
Speaker 3: And there's also like it was a very sad movie. There was a few people that died.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm I'm out, so I don't need to be crying in a children's film.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was very like the energy. It was just tuvvy. Not only was it scary at certain parts, like she had to come sit in my chair, and she's not a scared kid, like she doesn't get scared easily, but not only was it, it was just I was like, wow, this is this is a lie for almost four the first one.
Speaker 2: So everybody did. Even when I asked Jolie when Jana and Jolie got home from the movie, which I was very.
Speaker 3: It was a girl's thing.
Speaker 2: I was very jealous that she had the girls went. But I asked Jolie, how's the movie? Was it amazing? She was like, oh, it was scary. I think that was the first thing that she said, so it was scary. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then me and my girlfriend Nicole and I were talking about the and Dre, who came to the movie with us. We talked afterwards because I was there with you know, my other two girlfriends who have older kids, and I know they're not as you know, they probably weren't as sensitive to that. I know they weren't, so I probably wouldn't have gotten that same reaction are They probably like, oh, whatever, it's a kid thing. But I just it really bothered me. And so I called Dre and I was like, were you because we had kids are on the same age. I was like, did that upset you at all? And She's like, yes, just like that was so depressing.
Speaker 1: I mean, this might be a weird question, but like what age do you kids go to movies?
Speaker 3: I'm just like, but I mean there's nothing they don't joke about death or saying dead and right and any other films that might.
Speaker 1: I don't Aladdin, but I don't have a kid, so I don't like, I wouldn't be paying attention to that. So I don't know, but huh.
Speaker 4: Mean possible to separated? Can you tell me is it a good movie if you didn't have if you didn't go with your daughter and you went, would you have enjoyed it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Really, Like I watched the first one all the time by myself.
Speaker 3: It's because it was so mark it was. It was It's just the only parts were good were all off.
Speaker 1: Oh he's the best.
Speaker 3: This is just again my personal pay So I you know, well, people people said they loved it, like was It's just.
Speaker 1: What was the point of this film? Like why was it so sad? Like is there like a I mean.
Speaker 3: I can't even tell you because it's the major spoilers people, I haven't seen the ideot.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so Mike does not want to be spoiled.
Speaker 3: No, I don't, so I just for me personally, it wasn't a very uplifting film.
Speaker 1: Weird, especially like around Christmas and like yeah huh, and all.
Speaker 2: The anticipations from like six years ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna say, it's just it's older, so I don't know. I would just be careful. And there was a few scary parts for I think, I think a four year old. But then again, I'm the parent that got upset when I saw a parent bring a four year old to see Jurassic Park and seeing a kid being eaten by like that bothered me saying that a kid was watching that. But again, I'm just.
Speaker 1: Already really scared in the Lion King when I was little.
Speaker 3: Just well, yeah, those hyenas are terrified.
Speaker 1: Well and scar really scared me, like he really scarred me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe Jilly will tell you in fifteen years. Mold Frozen two really freaked me out.
Speaker 3: Great, I've already screwed up my kid by taking her to a that's interesting.
Speaker 1: I haven't heard anything about it. I mean also, I don't really know a lot of mom friends.
Speaker 3: But I'll keep I'll keep that and maybe China we'll go see it. So yeah, I just keep it in the back of your mind. Mark, if the people that you're going with don't care about that, my sister and or what, Yeah, it's true to care about the Dean.
Speaker 4: Have a choice is obsessed with the first one.
Speaker 1: YEA, I was going to say, how do you say?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just sad.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 2: We're very excited about our next guest doctor Are you with us?
Speaker 7: I am?
Speaker 2: Hey, how you doing? This is Mike and Jana and we also have our other co host Sarah with us, and so doctor, I'm gonna say a little bit about you, and then I'm going to have you give like your elevator pits to our listeners. So you're trained in uh psychiatry and practicing, and you also practice in emergency medicine, and you're major proponent of the power of routine and currently working on a book called Routineology, Discovering the Art and Science of Routine. So explain to our listeners what that all means.
Speaker 7: Well, you know, in today's time, which is a little bit disruptive in the world, you know, it seems that routine became important. I decided in our studies when I started to look at longevity of people that were high performers and even care of the young, that it seemed that maybe doing things in a regular basis and doing things in a routine and particularly in a stable environment, we're really a very important part of our world. And as I started to look back at the physiology and the end of chronology and kind of how we're wired, I began to realize that really, for the purpose of survival and otherwise, routine is a very very important part of what we are, and so are the rituals that we performed and really the way we live.
Speaker 2: I heard something I don't remember where I read or where I heard it some years back, that it takes doing something twenty one days consecutively to become a habit. Is that true?
Speaker 7: Well, I'm not sure that there's an exact science to that twenty one days. There was a few studies done early on on mice that kind of pointed to that kind of habit. A habit is an automated behavior, an automated, automated thing that you do where you don't have to think about it, you know, just like sometimes brushing your teeth at night, or things that you do kind of regularly. Sometimes your behaviors like you scratch or something of that sort. So habits can be good or habits can be bad for you, right.
Speaker 2: So, absolutely so, with a holiday season coming up upon us, which is a very stressful time across the board for majority of.
Speaker 3: Us, and our topic of today's show, with all the music that we talked.
Speaker 2: About, what kind of things can we take into this holiday season to help destress and kind of normalize our experience and manage our expectations.
Speaker 7: Well, and thanks for thanks for that question. So one of the things about the holidays and let's talk about Thanksgiving for example, or you know Christmas, is that they're actually rituals, and these rituals have kind of developed because of routines. There's things that we do very regularly. They've become kind of part of our culture and they're kind of a moment in time where we can have something that's kind of certain, something we can depend on that we're going to be doing throughout that day. And obviously the type of routines what people do in those particular days, whether they're with family or friends or acquaintances or even on their own, become a little bit different. But that sense of regularity, that sense of doing things give us a sense of really certainty in times where today if we're just in our everyday lives, looking at outside the political world, there's a lot of the sense of instability. And what routines do and the routine and as rituals are actually built to give us a certain sense of certainty kind of come together in the sort and you know, people they can't be traumatic times, but you know, people do want to get together. People do want to feel like they belong and being able to start thinking about how does that happen or why are those Are they those people? You probably know quite a few of your own experiences where there's people that are kind of disruptive when we get together in the sort. So there's a little bit about all the back that I.
Speaker 2: Could talk to absolutely.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: I'm reading some here on your rundown kind of things that you preach on here, and I read one and says, creative, create a decorative sign declaring your homemade politics free zone. And I love that because I'm not. I'm not really I don't really lean anyway politically, and I kind of stay out of it for the most part. My wife Janna here is more the politician of the family.
Speaker 3: Zero, I know nothing. I just like a debate.
Speaker 2: I love to do it more than me and so. And I really contribute that doctor I to honestly my experience at holidays with my dad's side of the family. It's like politics was that one subject that created a valto environment that got everyone, you know, heightened and raised their voices. And I'm like, man, I don't if this is what they're how they're acting on politics, I don't want any part of that. I really feel like the two are connected in that sense of why I'm not interested?
Speaker 3: But isn't there something to be said though about a healthy debate?
Speaker 7: Right? Well, it's it's good, but you know, sometimes the holidays are probably maybe not the best time to debate. And it's it's kind of funny because it's like you see these red you see these little round red signs of across across to like whatever, no bozos, no smoking, you know, and probably a no politics sign or a no religion sign or probably pretty good good topics to kind of try to stay away from. And it's kind of interesting, you know, you probably you probably can guess that some of these the types of people that show up, and a lot of it is the personality types and why do people have these kinds of stresses as they get together, let's say, with family, your friends, and you know, there's a couple of little categories. You know, maybe you guys can guess a little bit at some of them. But I'll give you the first one is what I call the reverters, the people that revert back to childhood when they're together. You know, they look back at what it was like when they were a child. Their relationship, they're pecking order within the family kind of or relationships that they had with friends, and they bring up those old memories, you know, they bring up old wounds, old childhood wounds, and don't kind of recognize as you're sitting around the table that in many cases many of us have all grown up already. So reverters are kind of like one type of disruptors kind of personality because when you're putting it together, you've got to kind of know your audience a little bit, right, and if debate is part of what your routine is going to be, there's going to be a moment to debate. Maybe that's that's okay too, because the routine and the process are important, And there's a couple other types of people that are kind of disruptive. Sometimes there's what I you know, what I call sometimes relevant seekers, people who want to be heard, they want to remain relevant, and maybe people that are out of work and searching to still be heard, or someone who's retired or uncle. You know, family dynamics and some friend dynamics can be can be quite quite complex in nature. But there's people that are kind of relevant seekers. And then sometimes there's people that just have a personality that you know, I kind of call them personalizers, you know, people that you guys can give you some examples if you've had, if you've encountered, because I'd be curious to understand that like people who just need to convert you to their ideology, to their they feel so strongly about it. It gives them a lot of meaning and purpose and they want others to hear them and to join them. And they're thinking, so those you're a couple of the uh, you know, simple basic, kind of disrupted personalities that happen in families and friends when we all get together for dinner.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and I think we all know people that fit under those categories. And doctor, I think you just single handly described my my wonderful grandfather. I think he checked all the boxes for all three God bless them. I love him and I can't wait to experience all of these personality traits this holiday season. What's before we let you go? What's something that you do just from a routine standpoint, since your whole book is kind of talking about that, What's something that you do and you're on a daily basis that kind of keeps you in your routine and keeps you you know on your on your path.
Speaker 7: Well, you know, that's the interesting thing about routine is that with your routine, if you look at the psychology and actually the physiology of it is something to builds upon itself and to get started, you just have to do do it, so to speak, just like the Nike like Nike commercial and you've heard about like just make your bed. But as you start to do any routine on a regular basis, and that's kind of my point, it's not so important necessarily the content. Not to say, content isn't important today, whether it's die, if there's sleep, or even you know, the routine of how you're going to do your Thanksgiving meal, do it and do it in a regular way. Planet have it organized, you know, awake early and begin to execute and prepare that food, plan and organize. If you're the host, I'm saying, organize your schedule.
Speaker 3: Absolutely so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and our listeners they can find you at your website at on hell Iskovic dot com.
Speaker 7: Correct, that's correct, and you pronounced that great. Thank you so much, yes.
Speaker 2: Sir, thank you so. Your book Routinealogy Discovering the artis and Science of Routine is coming soon, so check out his website, doctor, I thank you so much.
Speaker 8: Happy holidays.
Speaker 7: Say happy holidays to you guys.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: The holidays are here and everyone is running around looking for that perfect gift, and for me looking online for the perfect gifts. Me Undies is the solution. Okay, it's the one stop shopping spot to get gifts that people actually love, delivered straight to your door, free shipping, No butts about it, actually all butts about it because.
Speaker 8: Undies get it. It's cold out, it's dark out.
Speaker 3: Well, you don't have to even leave the house to order me Undies and actually you don't have to leave the house all day or get dressed, just lounge around in me Undies because that's what I do. In size is extra small to four exil with tons of new items. The options for getting cozy are endless and three times softer than cotton and the cutest prints and colors. And Michael has a really cute pair of like Kiss underwear from me Undies. They're so cute, but he's also got the rope and hey, I've got the rope too, and the amazing sweats they have. They also have really amazing new soft slippers and of course match the whole family with their cute new baby body soup. And you know we are a family that loves to so this Christmas we will all be in our me undies. Plus Mike just might find some me undies under the tree. Me Undies has a great offer for Windown listeners. For any first time purchasers, you get fifteen percent.
Speaker 8: Off and free shipping.
Speaker 3: Me Undies has one hundred percent satisfaction guarantee. To get your fifteen percent off your first pair, free shipping and one hundred percent satisfaction guarantee, go to meundies dot com slash winddown. That's meundies dot com slash wind down. Michael and I have been living on a bus during our Windown tour, so we know the need for the perfect suitcase. Well Away creates products built for modern travel. They started with the perfect suitcase and now they offer a range of essentials, all of which will make your travels more seamless. We travel all the time, and Away products makes just travel so much easier.
Speaker 7: For us.
Speaker 3: Road trips are less stressful, so this is one last thing to worry about. Aways products are designed to work and fit together, making travels smoother for the holidays and all year long. Away suitcases are made of different materials so you can choose what works best for you. They come in a variety of colors and two carry on sizes, so whoever you are and whatever you need to pack, Away has luggage that works for how you travel. Imagine having two kids. You have to pack for two, you need a suitcase that holds it all. All of Away's suitcases have durable exteriors that are designed to last a lifetime. If any part of your suitcase breaks, Aways Standout customer service team will arrange to have it fixed or replaced. It also comes with a built in compression pad to help you pack more, and a hidden and removable laundry bag.
Speaker 8: That separates your journey clothes.
Speaker 3: For three sixty spinner wheels guaranteed for the smoothest role. Also, a TSA approved combination lock keeps your belongings super safe, and an easy access front pocket fits your laptop, passport, books, and more. So Away can make every trip easier and better. Visit a Way travel dot com, slash wine and if you're in the US, Europe, the UK, Canada, or Australia ordered by eleven fifty nine on twelve fifteen for free ground shipping with guaranteed free delivery by twelve twenty. For additional last minute holidays shipping details, check out their website Away dot com, slash Wine, away travel dot com, slash Wine.
Speaker 2: All make Mark, we have any emails?
Speaker 3: I just called. I just called Mark, Mike and Mike Mark Mike.
Speaker 2: The same pocket.
Speaker 3: How does a fel.
Speaker 4: Taylor Taylor's Taylor is very sweet say his first off. I wanted to say Christmas and Louisiana was awesome.
Speaker 3: I love by the way Easton, Thanks for your like play by play too, What a fun time. She's like, He's like, I wanted to know what happened? Did you guys end up together without a clipphanger? I went back to Boston.
Speaker 4: She loved that you kept everybody up on your inst of stories with the movie, and it's so funny you take your fans and listeners along with you. So that's very sweet. But she does have a question for Mike. Oh yeah, I understand it's just a movie and acting as Jana's job, but just seeing her acting as if she's in a relationship with another man bother you at all, especially knowing some about your insecurities. I would love to hear more about your feelings when watching the kissing scene. Especially if I saw my boyfriend kissing some guy on TV, even if it was his job, I'd be bothered. It was great seeing you in Chicago.
Speaker 2: Ah well, Taylor, thank you for coming out to Chicago and supporting us. And a great question. So honestly, it uh.
Speaker 8: Sure.
Speaker 2: The short of it is no, it doesn't bother The short of it is no, it doesn't bother me. And a big part of that is because anytime Janna goes to film something, I always come to the shoot and come on set at least and travel to wherever she's shooting at least for a week or ten days, so I'm able to get comfortable. I meet her co star, I you know, get to know the people around the set, so I'm comfortable with everything and that makes me feel a lot better. And you know, right now, with the stuff that she's been doing since we've been together has been lifetime or Hallmark, So it's a lifetime or Hallmark kind of kiss. So there are bridges that we have not crossed yet. Taylor.
Speaker 1: That's actually that good point.
Speaker 2: We can discuss when we cross them, because you know, and just I'll never want to be a reason why Jana doesn't take a job opportunity.
Speaker 1: Well, and like you kind of signed up, you know when you met her, you right.
Speaker 2: Exactly kind of sign up for it. So I knew Jannah was an actress and a great one at that. So thanks, I know she's going to have her opportunities. It's just one of those things where.
Speaker 3: I like that one show I'm auditioning for right now, it says simulated sex scenes and lots of news.
Speaker 1: It was just about first start about to say until she has her first sex scene.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that that's that's just something that you know, we will have to talk about. We'll have to talk about there be boundaries there, you know, and.
Speaker 3: And I totally get that, and you know, empathy, empathy and have empathy for you for that. I will just say from this side of things, like when I had the scenes with you know, Stephen COLLETTI and Alex and Chase were making out and rolling around a bed and I was an underwear, it's uncomfortable for us because it's like you have all these people well you always it's not I'd say, it's like it's not hot, it's not had at all, it's zero because it's literally routine. The second we were done kissing and I was on we rolled off and I'm like, hey, so what are you eating for lunch today? You know, like there's and we're on our phones. There's not there's not that through watching you again, there's crew watching. So it's just there's nothing intimate, and nobody's getting a those things right.
Speaker 2: It's one of those things that people don't know unless you're in that profession and have experienced it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: It's just the other side of the coin is how many actors and actors have.
Speaker 1: Developed broad and Angie all theestions.
Speaker 4: After those scenes. So you know those scenes aren't hot there's some sort of connection.
Speaker 3: Well, and that's the line. No, no, but it's not. It's not even just about those scenes. It's the line that you cross behind the scenes, behind the scenes, before the scenes. It's not because it's like you're spending so much time with this person, like a month, especially if they're in a lot of the other scenes with you, So it's about what you're doing before and after. It's not during those scenes. Really truly good point because it really truly.
Speaker 4: Okay, But okay, and I believe I do believe that, But you don't know what is in the other actors head that's bothered.
Speaker 1: What if you like something and all of a sudden you're like, hmm, that felt good.
Speaker 3: Well, but here's here's the problem though, If you have a kissing scene. Let's say, you know, week two into the movie, and you're starting to have these like feelings for the other actor and you're probably maybe anticipating that because who knows you've been cultivating these you know, feelings because you're hanging out with them twenty four to seven.
Speaker 1: Well, then you're just not a good actor because you're not acting. Think you're getting feelings.
Speaker 4: But my wife, we're in bed with another man for an acting scene, wearing little or nothing. It would drive me insane.
Speaker 3: But again, your wife isn't an actress though, well, but even if she was, like but then you wouldn't have see the shre sure.
Speaker 2: And that and that's the thing. Mark, I don't Again, if if Jana is ever in a situation like that, then it's I don't honestly, it's going to be ignorance is bliss. I don't want to see it. I don't want to know about it. I don't want to be on set that day. I just want to know.
Speaker 3: But you're going to watch it, though, No, no, and watch it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, you'll tell me. If you're in a movie and it has that, you'll say, hey, it's coming up soon. I will leave the room.
Speaker 3: Wait, so time out really fast though, because in Christmas and Louisiana, when like the kids part happened, he goes.
Speaker 1: Oh, you did the head grab, Like I.
Speaker 3: Put my hand like behind his head, and I don't think he was exciting that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The other ones that I saw were just kind of like face to face, out the mouth like kind of more of like nice. I was like they even she went in for the head gap and they did the head tilt and like each side.
Speaker 1: I was like, yo, really really funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So did that bother you?
Speaker 1: Not?
Speaker 2: It didn't bother me.
Speaker 3: It is surprised me, just like weird, Like I bet.
Speaker 2: I'm able to compartmentalize. And that's just because we've been together long enough and coming from my own version of entertainment world. Granted we didn't do anything like that, but I understand the demand that you have to do for your job.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so I would never want to again get in the way of Janna pursuing her career. I wouldn't be able to live with myself.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: But now if Michael if roles were reversed and he's like, hey, I want to be an actor, Hell, that would be very hard for me to watch him. We're gonna go with the know on that one because I've dated other actors and had had zero because I know what it is like, you know. But if he was to all of a sudden become an actor, I'd be like, uh, I would have a very hard time with that. It's something you really wanted to do.
Speaker 1: He's a Disney star.
Speaker 2: He's gonna be Tanner. Thank you, Jar great great topic, Mark, thanks for stirring that pop producer.
Speaker 4: I'm fascinated about that because we can't even imagine. Most people can't imagine like that. Amanda says, our son just turned nine months on Thanksgiving and we're trying to introduce soft table foods to him, but I am so terrified of him choking. It flares up my anxiety. What foods were Jason Joe Lee eating at nine months?
Speaker 3: Good question. I'm equally as the same, and I've cut up probably smaller than I've had to because I get nervous. But at nine months avocado, bananas, but blueberries, we gotta cut him in force.
Speaker 2: Blueberries is what I would grapes all again.
Speaker 3: Cut small, small, smashy things, so like, but I would start with avocados and bananas. That would be my Yeah, talk to your doctor obviously.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those are the easiest smushy ones that we definitely start off.
Speaker 3: With and cut him in force. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow, and just watch them just.
Speaker 2: I mean, especially when you first started. When we started Jay's a couple of months ago. We you know, it's not like like now we can kind of put stuff on his plate, turn our back, make something else. But when we first started him, we're sitting there watching him, helping him. M hm.
Speaker 4: So I mean my kids were like ten and seven, and my wife was like, why are you still cutting their grapes?
Speaker 7: At happened?
Speaker 4: I don't know if they broke.
Speaker 2: That much big because it used to be just have it.
Speaker 3: That's so funny.
Speaker 4: Also, a man does a follow up, well unrelated actually, but another question. Since her son was born, our sex life has fizzled out. I'm so tired. I literally favors sleep over sex, but I do miss the connection. What can we do as a couple to bring the spark back?
Speaker 2: So Jana and I just did this the other night, and it's it's something we did and it's just I just it was fun and it was connected. And we've we've played we played cards in bed.
Speaker 1: And you know, we got a huge fight out doors, all right.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, but I'm saying, but I'm saying that the moment though, like even we weren't we didn't go and sit at the poker tape and play cards. We like laid in our bed, played a game together. It was just like nice to not just to get into bed in your usual position under the covers watching TV. We were on top of the covers kind of talking, playing a game. And I think that invites because the bedroom has almost like an expectation to it. Maybe sometimes when you walk in and you guys go to bed together where it's almost like, hey, use the bedroom for something else, use it for something fun, as like a neutral ground pressure instead of pressure, and then just you might automatic at least in that moment, I felt relaxed, you know what I mean. So I don't know, just something to try either.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like that, but I think that's a good a good thing. And then I also just say not having expectations, like hey, I just we just cuddle with me tonight because they always say like to get back, and when we did Tantra therapy, it was just like just holding and with the excitation of not having sex. And usually when you're holding someone and you say you're not gonna have sex, you end up really wanting to. Yeah, okay, and so excited. We only have one more week together before Christmas.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I'm so excited.
Speaker 3: I think we need to end this episode with Sarah taking us out on a song.
Speaker 1: No, I agree, Oh okay, they get to think what I know? Okay, I don't know, Easton, can you sing with me? Well's do the breath. I don't know all the lyrics, so it'll you'll okay.
Speaker 3: Santa, can you hear me?
Speaker 1: I have been so good this year, and all.
Speaker 3: I want is one thing you guys know you're saying along right now?
Speaker 1: I don't know, hold on, only need my Christmas tree?
Speaker 3: All right, Mark, that's the cutestuff.
Speaker 2: Because all right, yeah, I don't remember.
Speaker 1: I love that song though, because all I wanted I can't think of it