Speaker 1: At three, Sal has broken the code of La Familia and has killed family in order to save Hara. Vince forces Sal to bring Hara back by putting Sal's family in danger. Does Sal bring Hara back to meet her fate with Vince? Or do Sal and Vince meet and have the inevitable Vinyl showdown? Interior Sal's Hotel Room, Continuous, Right way you belong? Interior Harrah's Hotel Room, Chicago night. Harah has just come out of the shower. She's in the hotel bathrobe, her hair done up in a towel. There's a faint knock at the door. She cautiously goes to the door.
Speaker 2: Who is it, Sah?
Speaker 1: Harah opens the door to see Sal, his face beaten to a pulp. Sal is holding his jacket, an overnight bag, Leo's pistol in his belt.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, we gotta get out of here.
Speaker 3: Can you give me a little more?
Speaker 4: Exhausted?
Speaker 5: We got and he's out of breath, straight off the fight.
Speaker 2: I just had lasagnas.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Here we go? Who is it?
Speaker 3: Sal?
Speaker 1: Parah opens the door to see Sal, his face beaten to a pulp. Sala is holding his jacket, an overnight bag, Leo's pistol in his belt.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, we gotta get at you.
Speaker 1: Sal falls through the doorway and onto the floor. Interior black Lincoln town car night Parah drives. Salah is in the front seat, leaning against the passenger door, reeking of pain. His left arm cradles his broken ribs, and his right hand holds a zip lock baggy of ice to his face. The Nancy Wilson song.
Speaker 6: Ends, we gotta get you to a hospital.
Speaker 1: He drops the ice bag.
Speaker 2: Oh, no, hospital, I got a call fence. He just tried to kill you. No, no, he would never do that unless he had to.
Speaker 1: Le sal Limo Service Office late night. Uncle Charlie and Vince played gin waiting for Leo's call. The phone rings. Vince puts the call on speaker. Intercut between front seat of town car and office.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Vince, sal my man, Leo get that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, Leo got here all right. Said you sent them to the girl and me.
Speaker 7: Oh you know that ain't true. I'll kill that rep bested with my bare hands.
Speaker 4: Sal Leo wanted a piece of your ass from day one. You know that. I swear we didn't send them for you.
Speaker 2: Charlie, relax, I know you never said a punk like that for me.
Speaker 4: Sal You didn't try to protect that girl, did you.
Speaker 2: I didn't have time to do shit.
Speaker 5: That stupid fuck came at me with those big hamhockses no weapon.
Speaker 4: Where is he now?
Speaker 2: His body's laying on a garbage dumpster behind all hotel.
Speaker 1: Vince and Uncle Charlie laughed.
Speaker 7: Sala, Barbo, You're a rock, a fucking stone age rock, a petrified rock that can't even be scratched.
Speaker 2: What are you a full? He scratched me good. I'm not gonna be able to head back for a few days.
Speaker 4: They bust you up bed.
Speaker 2: I think I got a couple of broken ribs.
Speaker 4: Ah, you're getting old South, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I no shit.
Speaker 5: If he wasn't such an amateur, you'd be talking into a dead phone.
Speaker 2: He had to blood in the mouth, he talked when he should have just took a shot.
Speaker 4: What about the girl?
Speaker 2: Are you kidding? Have to see my face in lee in the alley with his brains pouring out of his ears. She took off. I ain't any shape to go.
Speaker 7: After I'll take care of her. You just get back here as soon as you can.
Speaker 2: I just need a day or two.
Speaker 4: You need anything, You call Charlie.
Speaker 2: Vince next time you try to kill me, don't it sold me? Send the prop Sal hangs up.
Speaker 4: His brain's pouring out.
Speaker 2: Is he.
Speaker 1: Interior? Black Lincoln Town car night traveling moving along I fifty five from Chicago to Saint Louis.
Speaker 2: He bought it for now.
Speaker 6: I'll get off at a train station and you'll never see me again, I promise.
Speaker 2: How are you don't know these people?
Speaker 5: You need a new identity passport and new Social Security number, not to mention money. Even then, it's a fifty to fifty chance Vince will find you.
Speaker 2: Don't worry about me.
Speaker 1: I'll get by.
Speaker 2: How as long as I got what men want. If I could raise my hand right now, I'd slap your face.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to get you out of this.
Speaker 5: If you care anything about yourself or me, you'll do as I tell you.
Speaker 6: So why why are you doing this for me?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Maybe because no one ever Just drive?
Speaker 2: Where are we going Saint Louis?
Speaker 5: This?
Speaker 2: He said? That old junkie he works for Vince. We did eight years together.
Speaker 5: He owes me, and he's the only one I know who can get you your papers fast.
Speaker 2: He's gom a pervert. We gotta take a shot now, just shut up and drive. Put on some music.
Speaker 1: Harah Press's play. Eartha Kid sings Saint Louis Woman exterior, black Lincoln Town Car early morning. We drive down I fifty five to Saint Louis. As Eartha sings Night turns to mourning.
Speaker 2: We hear in voiceover one of those stupid questions, what what's your real name?
Speaker 6: Lily and Scott from Kansas.
Speaker 2: Lily like the flower.
Speaker 5: Lily's always reminded me of the old phonograph horn on the RCADS.
Speaker 2: You know what the dog now you're too young. Of course the head horn wasn't white, but I used to think that God spoke to the world through the Lily horn. It was all just too damn busy to listen. You look pretty with the song coming up behind you.
Speaker 6: Lily, Leo must to hit you good.
Speaker 2: Go back to sleep, brust.
Speaker 1: Exterior, sid Sin City, early afternoons. Sid Sin City is the largest perversion oasis in the Midwest. Not only is it a club twice or three times the size of the Private Eye Club, it's a triple X rated video center, an exotic lingerie boutique, and a sex toy shop that's second to none. There also happens to be a motel right next door. The black Lincoln town car pulls in interior sid Sin City Club continuous. The lunch crowd is small but vocal as they cheer on a young girl who's obviously new to the strip. Tease, hold on, et, what was it like for you here in your day?
Speaker 4: All right, page ninety, everybody.
Speaker 2: Move it along.
Speaker 1: Haarrah, still dressed in her navy blue conservative suit, and Sal still hurting. Come up to the bar. Some mindless disco shit is playing, as the bartender says, what.
Speaker 5: Do you have about some real music? What tell Sid that sal Ma Reno from New York is here to see you.
Speaker 4: He'll be out in the second. You can tell him yourself. You want to drink or ross steak for that map yours?
Speaker 2: I have very funny Dievebepsi for me?
Speaker 4: How about you?
Speaker 1: Kettle one and tonic Sal gives her a look.
Speaker 6: On second thought, how about it ginger Ale?
Speaker 4: Not too much ice? Huh, couple of high rollers.
Speaker 2: This girl could use some pointers.
Speaker 5: Don't get any ideas, miss Lily and Scott.
Speaker 1: As the song ends, the young girl on stage finishes her feeble attempt. Sid parts the curtains and walks onto the stage. Sid is an old timer dressed in a very stylish outfit Armani suit, Gucci shoes, and a black T shirt.
Speaker 3: Hey, how about a big hand for the young ladies.
Speaker 2: First try?
Speaker 3: You got the makings, darling. Believe me, Sid knows you.
Speaker 8: Come to Sid's private office and Sid I'll give you a few pointers.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 8: Hey, hey, Felis, You're not gonna believe this, But yesterday a mushroom walks into Sid's barn.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, no, no, no, no, no, I mean it, And I said, I'm sorry, we do not served mushrooms here. The mushroom says, why not. I'm a fun guy.
Speaker 4: Fun guy.
Speaker 1: Laughs and booze from the crowd. Sid is about to tell another when he spots Sal at the bar.
Speaker 8: Sal waves, Hey, all right, boys, Sid'll give you a break. No more jokes for a while. Now, let's get on with the amateurs show. Next, here is a young lady to try her hand and all other parts at the art of the strip death Jack.
Speaker 1: Sid leaves the stage and goes right over to Sal. As the next girl comes on stage, Sid looks in Sal's eyes and then hugs him.
Speaker 3: What the fuck happened to you?
Speaker 2: I need your help.
Speaker 1: Interior Sid Sin City Club office, late afternoon. Harris stands against a light colored wall as a flashbulb goes off. Sid has just taken her photo.
Speaker 5: She's going to need everything passporard, social security, drive, his license, the whole show.
Speaker 3: Okay, where was her? Never mind? I don't want to know her real name and where she comes from.
Speaker 2: What do you want to know?
Speaker 8: I only want to know what my friend needs. Okay, here's a key to Cavin nine next door. It's the last room on the bottom floor.
Speaker 2: I'll wait for salth It's okay. I can make it by myself. Just bring in the bags.
Speaker 8: It's okay, I'll help show over. Don't you worry at all. Sid has got it all under control here. You are very lovely to look at my child.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, I'll be right there.
Speaker 1: Para exits, Sid removes his jacket and throws it across his desk, then enters a back room. Interior Sid's Sin City back Lounge, early evening. Sid's private lounge is like a chik's sexual playroom. Dark red curtains hang from everywhere. A large fluffy bed takes up most of the room. A nude young girl is passed out on the bed. Two young boys no more than fifteen years older there. One of the boys is freebasing, the other draws on a bong. The young girl, who was on the stage is filling a needle with juice. Sid puts on a smoking jacket.
Speaker 8: I would offer you something, but present can this and maybe next trip. You know, that's a nice piece of ash you got there. That's your private stock.
Speaker 2: It's now what you think.
Speaker 8: Then when you're well, I'll get you a piece that'll make that look like yesterday's lunch.
Speaker 3: Sure, I said, but.
Speaker 2: Right now I just want new papers for her?
Speaker 3: How long tomorrow night? Maybe next morning?
Speaker 2: Sid.
Speaker 5: This is between you and me, no one else, not even Vince. You can't do that. I'll be out of here tonight.
Speaker 3: So sah, how could you?
Speaker 2: I figured you owe me one.
Speaker 3: Sid. This isn't like you.
Speaker 2: Fuck.
Speaker 3: Let's Sid talk to Vince. See what I can.
Speaker 2: Vince tried to have me killed.
Speaker 3: That's not so you'd.
Speaker 2: Be lying in a prison Morgan. If it wasn't for me, sure, Sally, yeah, sure for you.
Speaker 3: But then Sid has always had a soft heart.
Speaker 1: Interior Sid's sin City motel room. Early morning. Ella Fitzgerald sings, Come rain or Come shine. Salas sleeping on the bed. Haah sits on the bed and applies a cold, wet towel to his still swollen face. Sal barely moves. Harah gets up, goes to the dresser and takes the car keys and exits the room. Exterior black Lincoln town car early morning. Hara drives west along I forty four. Ella Fitzgerald continues singing, Come Rain or Come Shine. Signpost reads Saint Cloud, Missouri, another sign reading State Psychiatric Hospital. The town car turns in exterior Psychiatric Lawn, Saint Cloud, Missouri. Afternoon, Harah pushes an old woman in a wheelchair towards a gazebo next to a beautiful pond. At a closer glance, we can see that the woman isn't as old as she appears. However, the woman is obviously in a world of her own. Ella stops singing.
Speaker 6: The nurses say you like to come out here? I can see why it's beautiful.
Speaker 9: The nurses A nurses stee they do not they do?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 10: They do? The nurses steal my makeup when I'm sleeping.
Speaker 2: Why would they do that?
Speaker 10: Because when I look good, their boyfriends notice me. They watch me and the.
Speaker 9: Nurse's skitchell us.
Speaker 6: I bet they do, Mama. I'll just bet they do that.
Speaker 10: When I dress up, my hair is done just right mm hmm, like Rita Hayworth. My Lord knows I'm the definitive source of beauty and style. Oh yes, I am.
Speaker 9: Do you have some makeup that I could use? I'll be sparing of it.
Speaker 1: Sure. Harah takes a small makeup kid with mirror and lipstick out of her pocketbook and gives it to her mother. Mama opens the kid as Hara turns and looks out over the pond.
Speaker 9: Oh mmm, my, this will do nice. Sleep.
Speaker 6: I sent you a check to this hospital, almost all the money I had. It shall last for a while year, year and a half. But that's it, Mama.
Speaker 2: No more. You can't count on me.
Speaker 6: No more, you understand, Mama.
Speaker 9: Oh why yes, don't you go worrying about me.
Speaker 2: Roy will be here anytime now, Roy.
Speaker 9: I want to look nice for when Roy comes.
Speaker 2: Back from me. Mamma.
Speaker 6: Roy ain't coming.
Speaker 9: Back, Yes he will. You just see. He knows where his bread is buttered.
Speaker 6: Mamma, Roy was a drunken bum hush child.
Speaker 9: That lady like of you to talk about your daddy that way.
Speaker 6: My stepdaddy was a pig.
Speaker 9: He was my husband, my husband, he provided for.
Speaker 6: Us, Mama, He had me every time you left me.
Speaker 9: That is not true.
Speaker 6: Every time you left the house. No, every time, and you knew it.
Speaker 10: That is not true. You are confusing me.
Speaker 1: God, I wish it wasn't true.
Speaker 10: Roy had problems with your sister. That's slut her lying way my sister. That's slut Lily who took my Roy away from me.
Speaker 1: My own blood.
Speaker 2: Mama.
Speaker 9: I'm Lilian, I'm your only Yes, yes you are.
Speaker 10: You are my Lilian who loves her Mama. And your sister Lily is the one who stole my husband with her cheap and sinful ways. But Roy is coming back because he don't like that trumpet type.
Speaker 2: How do I look? How do I look?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 9: Ain't not just the prettiest thing?
Speaker 1: Harah stares at Mama's face covered with makeup that looks more suited to a circus clown than a Southern woman of beauty and style. Judy Garland sings summertime exterior sid Sin City, late afternoon, Judy sings as a light blue Lincoln town car mobile pulls into the parking lot. A bandaged Sal gets out of the passenger side front door and goes into the club. The car pulls away and parks by Room nine Interior Sid SID City Private Lounge, late afternoon. The young girl who was shooting up after her strip tease is now on Sid's bed, totally nude and totally strung out. Throughout the following scene, Sid sits up on the bed, back up against enormous pillows. Sid rubs the young lady's body with his right hand, while a nude young boy sits on the floor at Sid's left hand. A second young girl, partially dressed, is at Sid's dresser, working on the fixings for a needle.
Speaker 3: Song ends, soal so, what did the good doctor say?
Speaker 2: A couple of busted ribs, A butterfly from my eye. I'll lift. Thanks for the car.
Speaker 3: You're moving better.
Speaker 11: Now, how about a little recreation now, my friend Joy, there can be gentle when she wants.
Speaker 1: Sid indicates the girl fixing the needle. She smiles at Sal. She looks as gentle as a lioness.
Speaker 5: The back brace helps, but I don't think I could handle anything as lovely as young joy Lily come back?
Speaker 3: Do you really expect her to?
Speaker 2: She needs her papers?
Speaker 3: They ready? Oh oh they were done in an hour. All I needed was Lilian's photo.
Speaker 2: Why didn't you?
Speaker 1: During the following dialogue, the young girl takes the needle to Sid, who opens a ring on his index finger. The girl carefully fills the ring with the liquid. Sid closes the ringtop and turns it palm down. He touches the ring to his tongue and enjoys the jolt it gives him.
Speaker 11: You see you A lovely young girl by the name of Betty and McCormick die suddenly in New York City. Natural causes Day tells Sid Uncle Charlie sends Sid her papers. Best to do these things right away. I believe you knew missus Betty.
Speaker 2: N No, I didn't know her.
Speaker 8: Oh one of Sid's discoveries a lot of menace.
Speaker 3: Her professional name.
Speaker 5: Cut the crap, said, you know who Lily is? So what's that to do with the odds?
Speaker 8: Sid never forgets a nice piece of ass anyway. Vince put out the word about Harra before you ever got here. Soal Cid has lived too long for It's too late in the game for me to start crossing a man like Vince. Uncle Charlie's waiting in your room.
Speaker 2: You're enjoying this, aren't you.
Speaker 1: Sid smacks the nude girl's ass with the palm of his hand, and she reacts with a smile.
Speaker 3: Sid enjoys life and death.
Speaker 2: I should kill you right now.
Speaker 8: Why I told Uncle Charlie that you came here or beat up with Lillian?
Speaker 3: I mean, Sarah.
Speaker 8: It's not Betty yan yet. Listen, you've got a way out. I did that for my friend. All you have to do is get in one of Sid's cars and go back to New York City.
Speaker 2: Uncle Charlie will never buy that.
Speaker 3: He might when he sees your face.
Speaker 2: He killed me when he sees my face.
Speaker 3: But don't be a fool. You can't run.
Speaker 8: Vince even knows about her mother at the nuthouse, the stupid bitch center at check.
Speaker 3: Long as Vince is alive, they'll find her. No matter what you do. You can't cross her man like Vince.
Speaker 2: Now tell me something I don't know interesting.
Speaker 3: So how far does loyalty go with men like us? It's your call.
Speaker 2: Sal Thanks for nothing, he Sid.
Speaker 8: Tries to please just let her go to your room, and Uncle Charlie will live. I mean no, no, you'll be off the hook.
Speaker 5: Maybe I want Lilian's photo on those papers, and I want a pink slip for one of your cars, and I want it now.
Speaker 8: They're on the table. So don't place, sir Lance a lot. It doesn't fit in next con like you take it from Sid. He's a wise old bestard.
Speaker 1: Sal takes the papers Sid.
Speaker 2: If you crossed me, Sid, never now run.
Speaker 1: Billy Holiday sings stormy blues storm exterior Sid's sin City Motel twilight. As Billy sings, we see Sal come up to the light blue Lincoln town car. He looks at his hotel room door. He gets into the light blue limo and pulls away. Billy Holiday continues singing as twilight turns to night and the black Lincoln town car pulls into the motel parking lot. Harah gets out of the car and walks toward her hotel room door, the last room on the bottom floor. Harrah's about to insert card key when a hand covers her mouth and pulls her away. It's Sal. Billy stops singing.
Speaker 5: Woo, don't scream, Uncle, Charlie's inside, give me a minute, then put the card key in the lock and push her open the door and then hit the deck.
Speaker 2: One minute.
Speaker 1: Sal goes to the back of the motel room. There's a public garbage can just to the side of the French doors. Sal takes the cover off the garbage can and stands to the side of the French doors. Sal peeks inside and sees a sleeping Uncle Charlie with his arm resting on the arm of a large cushioned chair. After a moment, Parah puts the card key in the door and kicks the door and it flies open. Uncle Charlie jumps to his feet and fires at the door. Sal slams the garbage can cover onto the French windows, breaking the glass. Charlie turns and fires toward the French doors. Sal fire's back, putting three bounds into Charlie's chest, spinning him around. Uncle Charlie sinks back into the cushioned chair. The pistol falls from his hand. Parah stands in the doorway as Sal comes face to face with the dying Uncle Charlie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he.
Speaker 9: Per see, hey, hey, hey he oh we.
Speaker 2: Said he was the best I had a great teacher here.
Speaker 4: But I taught Vince too.
Speaker 2: Vince comes after me, or Harry's going to get the same thing Vince.
Speaker 4: Vince won't crumb after you. He'll make you come to him.
Speaker 2: You're probably right.
Speaker 4: Oh Jesus, this hurts.
Speaker 2: Says that you're doing all of this for a piece of assh I taught you better than that. It's not about that, Charlie.
Speaker 4: Ohy, you mean you ain't doing this?
Speaker 2: Girl? No?
Speaker 8: Oh oh well nah hem really fucking confuse.
Speaker 1: Uncle Charlie slumps over dead. Judy Garland sings somewhere over the rainbow.
Speaker 2: Get our bags ready, put them in the light blue Lincoln around back.
Speaker 1: Sal tosses the keys and exits. We follow Sal across the parking lot and through the strip club. Disco is playing, but we only hear Judy singing somewhere over the rainbow. Interior Sid sin City back Lounge, late evening. The song continues as the young ladies from before are both nude and rubbing up to Sid. The young boy is at the dresser snorting cocaine. Sid is about to receive an oral sexual favor from one of the young girls. When the door flies open, Sal fires one shot into Sid's forehead. The girls scream and look towards Saal in sheer fright. Sal looks around, then walks out. The two girls and the boy look at Sid and then run to the drugs, which they try to carry off. Exterior Route seventy East, night into day. Judy continues singing as we see the blue Lincoln town Car traveling east towards Indianapolis. The song ends as we hear in voiceover.
Speaker 2: Say, why did they call him uncle?
Speaker 6: He ain't nobody's uncle.
Speaker 2: You're wrong there.
Speaker 5: Vince's Anne on his mother's side, was married to Charlie for over thirty years. Two amateurs tried to take Charlie out and got her. Charlie got them no shit. Believe me, you don't want to know what Uncle Charlie did to the guy who ordered that hit. He had blood in the mouth.
Speaker 2: Ever since, blood in the mouth, it.
Speaker 5: Was always business with Charlie. Now he enjoys it, did enjoy it.
Speaker 6: I bet Vince has a little blood in his mouth. Gallinsworth.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, Vince don't care. He'll do whatever he has to do, but he don't care.
Speaker 2: That makes him even more dangerous.
Speaker 1: Interior light blue town car night traveling.
Speaker 6: Why are we heading.
Speaker 2: Nie right now?
Speaker 5: I'm not sure where you're heading, but I'll have to head east sooner or later. Why we'll try to make Columbus by tonight. They'll put you on a plane, in our train or something in the morning.
Speaker 1: Exterior light blue Lincoln town car twilight tonight. The day now passes tonight. As we approach Columbus, Ohio, Keeley Smith sings that old black magic Interior Hotel room in Columbus, Ohio. Early evening, Sal sits at the desk looking at a train schedule from Columbus to points anywhere. He then picks up the hotel phone and dials Hello, Ma Interior. Sal's kitchen, benson Hurst, Brooklyn. Evening intercut phone conversation between locations.
Speaker 9: Sal, where are you?
Speaker 2: I'm in a hotel?
Speaker 9: Oh, you should be here tonight.
Speaker 11: We got everything you like.
Speaker 2: I wish I could be Mom.
Speaker 1: Carmela is standing at the phone. She walks to the stove with the cordless phone to stir her boiling sauce. We say a prayer for you.
Speaker 4: I could use it, we all could.
Speaker 1: Who's that my boyfriend this year?
Speaker 2: Vince is there?
Speaker 1: Vince is sitting at the table, cutting vegetables for salad with a large chopping knife.
Speaker 4: Hello, my friend Ma, what's he doing? I'm making salad.
Speaker 1: He took me for a ride in the big white bus, you know the one you had here before you went.
Speaker 4: Away, sALS. She loved the TVs.
Speaker 2: Oh what a big call.
Speaker 9: No wonder you had Anthony help you clean up.
Speaker 2: It's bigger than a bedroom. Please, Vince, I'll do anything.
Speaker 4: You left me no choice, Leo. We could have worked out.
Speaker 1: But Charlie, what are you two talking about?
Speaker 2: Vince, don't do this?
Speaker 4: What I gotta do? You knew the rules?
Speaker 2: What rules? What for you talk about rules?
Speaker 4: You go against family? We kill you killed family? We killed family, well killing.
Speaker 9: I don't like this talk.
Speaker 1: We don't see Vincent walk up to Carmela at the stove and shove the large chopping knife into her chest.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 1: He does it again and again. We hear Carmela fall to the floor and the plots from the stove fall with her. No, no, kill.
Speaker 2: You, I'll kill you.
Speaker 4: You hear her die, I'm gonna kill you.
Speaker 1: Vin Vincent sits at the table and speaks calmly, that's right.
Speaker 7: You are going to come back and try to kill me. Only you're going to bring that slut with you.
Speaker 2: Forget the girl. This is between you and me.
Speaker 4: No more lies, Sy, no more lies.
Speaker 7: You bring her back, or I'm gonna play a little game with your lying nephew in a welding torch.
Speaker 4: Don't make me do that.
Speaker 1: Vince slowly walks away. In the background, we see Carmela on the floor, back up against the stove with the knife in her heart and covered with the sauce from the stove. Vince's feet crossed the camera as Eda James sings someone to watch over me. Interior Sal's hotel room continuous. Eda James continues singing as Sal bangs the phone down over and over again, then throws it across the room. He rips the hotel phone out of the wall. He falls to his knees and cries. Exterior Root seventy east to Wheeling, West Virginia, day to night. Traveling the light blue Lincoln Town Car drives through Ohio to the West Virginia border. Edna James finishes her song, then we hear in voiceover.
Speaker 6: Saal, when do I get off this merry go Round?
Speaker 1: I got papers?
Speaker 2: Now you get off one? I say.
Speaker 6: I was just wondering, Well.
Speaker 2: Don't, I'll make the moves. Why are you acting this way?
Speaker 1: Interior light blue Lincoln town car afternoon. During the following two scenes, images of Lada and Harra having sex in the back of Sal's limo keep flashing through Sal's mind.
Speaker 2: Why why? Because you don't listen.
Speaker 6: That's not true.
Speaker 2: I listened to everything.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, Flash, When did I not listen to you?
Speaker 5: I told you no phone calls, no letters, no nothing to the outside. I didn't you mailed a check to your crazy mother in the nuthouse.
Speaker 6: How did they find out about that?
Speaker 2: I told you? They know everything everything.
Speaker 1: Flash, sALS.
Speaker 6: She's just a crazy old lady who doesn't even know me.
Speaker 5: Well that's the last you see of her because they already traced the check.
Speaker 6: They wouldn't hurt her. She can't tell them anything about me.
Speaker 2: They will use whatever can to get what they want. That was a stupid thing to do. Stupid. Why are you talking to me like this? Because I added knot Flash, I.
Speaker 6: Want to go to the train station.
Speaker 2: Why you don't trust me anymore? I I didn't say that. I serve my purpose now? Fuck Sal? Right? Am I right? Answer me? You don't trust me to get the fuck out now.
Speaker 1: The light blue Lincoln pulls over to the shoulder. Sal gets out the behind the wheel, goes around to the passenger side and opens the door.
Speaker 2: Sal, Sal, what are you doing out? Get the fuck out, bitch.
Speaker 1: Harah doesn't get out. Sal starts pulling her out of the car. Harrah is scared out of her mind.
Speaker 6: Stop this, Sal, Please, you're scaring me.
Speaker 5: Why why are you doing this?
Speaker 2: Question me?
Speaker 5: You fucking question me after what I've done to save.
Speaker 2: Your worthless life. I'm not worthless, worthless piece of shit.
Speaker 6: Flash, I'm not worthless.
Speaker 1: Sal reaches into the backseat and throws out two pieces of Harah's luggage.
Speaker 5: Save your own fucking ass. You would even last a day without me. Now go fuck yourself a ride someplace, Sal.
Speaker 2: I thank you, you're on your own. Please like me slash.
Speaker 1: Sal pushes her away, gets in the car and takes off. Harah looks at the passing cars. Julie London sings crime your River. Haarah doesn't know where to go or what to do. She picks up her suitcases and starts walking, then drops the suitcases. She sits on one and cries afternoon becomes twilight, and Harah is still sitting there when the light blue Lincoln pulls into view. Sal gets out and goes to her. Haarah throws her arms around Sal's neck and hugs him for dear life. Interior Pioneer Diner Mcmetchen, West Virginia, early evening. From the inside of the diner, we see the light blue town car pull up. Sal and Harrah get out and walk into the diner and sit at a booth. Light blue town car is in the background, and so is a help wanted sign in the booth window right next to a jukebox. Haah sits as Sal heads for a bathroom. The Julie London song ends.
Speaker 2: I'll be right back.
Speaker 1: Haraah looks at a menu when she notices a nice looking young man at the counter looking at her. The young man tips his baseball cap. Haarah just smiles and looks away. The young man comes over to the booth.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, my name is Jeff Tyler.
Speaker 1: Good for you. You just come in from Missouri.
Speaker 6: How did you know that?
Speaker 2: I just saw your license plate?
Speaker 3: I didn't mean to pray.
Speaker 2: I went to school in Jefferson City.
Speaker 6: Learn anything.
Speaker 2: Excuse me?
Speaker 1: Sal comes up behind Jeff. During the following conversation, Sal just stares at Jeff up and down.
Speaker 2: This is Jeff Tyler. Jeff Tyler.
Speaker 3: I went to school in Jefferson City, Missouri, and I was just well, I saw your plates, and I didn't You didn't want.
Speaker 4: Nothing, sir.
Speaker 2: Didn'mian to interrupt your dinner with your daughter, if you excuse me.
Speaker 1: Jeff goes back to his dinner at the counter as Sal gets into the booth. You thought I was your daughter.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's so funny.
Speaker 1: I thought it was nice.
Speaker 6: I didn't think they made hecks like him anymore.
Speaker 1: Scared the shit out of him. The waitress comes over, Hello, welcome to the Pioneer.
Speaker 9: What can I get you?
Speaker 2: How's the stew here?
Speaker 9: I wouldn't serve it to my cat in.
Speaker 2: My kind of place. Tell me, sugar, what do you recommend?
Speaker 10: Not a bad steak, and we have the best burger you ever.
Speaker 9: Ate comes with fries, burger.
Speaker 2: And a beer for me, Betty Anne, I'll have a turkey burger and water.
Speaker 10: Right, I'll be right back with those drinks.
Speaker 6: Probably hasn't got a dime.
Speaker 5: Who Jeff Tyler, most likely the son and grandson, coal miners.
Speaker 2: That's what this area used to be known for.
Speaker 6: What do you think he does now?
Speaker 2: I don't know. High school gym teacher, coaches baseball.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he looks the type I thought he recognized me from them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, keep yourself looking like you are now a normal will.
Speaker 2: Ever suspect you look fine? I'm proud to be seen with you.
Speaker 6: Think so that's how he looked at me, like he like you.
Speaker 5: Just thought you were a good looking girl. The kind of girl he'd like to take to a nice dinner and maybe a movie. The kind of girl that, after two, three four dates, he'd like to make love to in his own bed instead of a cheap sex in the backseat of a car. The kind of girl he'd like to take home to meet his family the coal miners.
Speaker 2: The kind of girl that.
Speaker 5: If things go well, he may want to marry and raise a family with the kind of girl that he wants to go through a dull, boring, more normal than normal life with a girl.
Speaker 6: M can you see me in a life like that?
Speaker 1: Sal takes hold of her hand.
Speaker 2: Yeah I can't.
Speaker 6: It's too late.
Speaker 2: You got a new life handed to you.
Speaker 6: Could you live that life?
Speaker 2: I'd give anything to have had a life like that.
Speaker 6: Sal, what's wrong?
Speaker 2: Look about what happened back there on the road. I am I'm kind of in a Sal, I'm in for the whole ride.
Speaker 6: I'm with you, even if it means going back to New York to face Vince. I know you love me, and I I mean, I don't.
Speaker 9: Mean like shit.
Speaker 6: I have to go to the john. Just play some music, will you.
Speaker 1: Sal watches Harrah as she exits. He puts a coin in the jukebox and presses a couple of buttons. He takes the help wanted sign out of the window and a pen out from his inside suit jacket pocket. Sarah Vaughan sings, Motherless Child. Sl writes a note to Harah that reads.
Speaker 2: Take this job. If you don't hear from me or my nephew Anthony in two days, run for it. Sah ps, you love me too.
Speaker 1: Sal folds the note and takes it with him. We listened to Sarah sing. We see Sal and Jeff going to the light blue Lincoln town car. Sal pulls Harrah's luggage out of the back seat. He gives Jeff some money. Jeff doesn't want it, but Sal insists, Sal gives him the note. Sal gets into the car and we see the back of Harah at the booth. Harah comes running out after Sal, but the car has pulled away. Jeff hands Sarah the note and carries her luggage to the diner. Harrah stands there looking after the light blue Lincoln exterior light blue Lincoln town car. Twilight to night traveling. Sal drives east on Route seventy seventy six to Harrisburg, then Route eighty one seventy eight north to Allentown twilight, and we see the first sign for the Verrizanto Bridge to Brooklyn, the fourth largest city in the US of A. Sarah Vaughan finishes her song interior Sal's kitchen, Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, dusk. Sal's sister, Donna sits at the kitchen table with a coffee cup in her hand. Sal enters, Mama's dead.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 12: That animal has my son. I know, hey, you know everything. You know your best friend killed my mother. You know he's gonna kill my son. You know that you and your dirty, filthy world killed everything I loved.
Speaker 2: I'll make them pay, Promise pay.
Speaker 1: Donna gets up and starts smacking Sal's face.
Speaker 2: Hey, is that all you can think of? Making someone pay.
Speaker 4: For your sins?
Speaker 2: You brought that world into this house. You no one else you.
Speaker 1: Sal grabs her arms and holds her close to his chest.
Speaker 2: He's got my head, please said, I won't. Anthon will be back in the morning. Promise.
Speaker 1: We hear Billie Holiday singing, God Bless the child. Interior Sal's bedroom in Brooklyn Night. Sal takes a new black suit out of his closet. He lays it on his bed. A montage of images a freshly starched, clean white shirt being laid on the bed, Sal polishing a pair of black shoes. Sal in the shower, Sal strapping a holster to his ankle, Sal putting on pants, black socks and shoes. Sal putting on the leather harness that holds his razor in his sleeve. He tests it out. It works fine. Sal taking a suitcase out from under his bed. He removes a bullet proof vest. Sal buttons his shirt and puts on the jacket. He sits at the desk and writes a note. Sal exits as the doorbell rings. Interior seven K Senator Baxter's suite. Knight opens the door as the sounds of a large political party are heard. In the background. The Billie Holiday song plays until it ends.
Speaker 2: May I help you tell the Senator I want to see him? As you can see, he's very busy.
Speaker 5: Listen, Slick, you go tell the Senator that Sal, the driver of the limo he fucked those pornos stars in is here.
Speaker 1: The aid is in shock. He tries to say something to Sal, then turns and goes to the Senator, who's in the middle of a conversation. The Aid whispers in his ear. The Senator looks at Sal, excuses himself and walks.
Speaker 2: Over what No pawnstars listen to me? No, you listen to me because I'm going to do you a favor.
Speaker 3: And what might that be?
Speaker 2: After tonight you won't have to worry about Vince?
Speaker 3: Did you hear me? I'm listening, but.
Speaker 2: I still have a copy of you. Howrah? And the missing Lada?
Speaker 4: What would you want for that?
Speaker 2: Not a fucking thing?
Speaker 4: That's very generous of you.
Speaker 2: Well that was easy, hey, asshole. Nothing's easy.
Speaker 5: If a certain party like Hawer Reems even gets a cold, whether I'm still around or not, your naked.
Speaker 2: Ass will be all over the nightly news. You got my word. Now I'm worried. Call Vance and tell him I'm coming to the garage.
Speaker 1: Sal exits and slams the door behind him. Exterior La Sallemo Service Garage, late night. It starts to drizzle as Sal drives up to the enormous garage door of the lasal Limo Service. The ambient New York City night light makes the outside of the garage look as much like an old Gothic horror movie as the inside. Sal gets out of the light blue Lincoln and the enormous steel gray garage door opens as if welcoming Sal to the inevitable. Sal walks into the garage and the huge door closes as if locking him in hell. Interior La Sallemo Service Garage, continuous. Sal walks over to the light switch next to the office door. He flicks it on, but no good. He looks toward the grease pit and sees Anthony hanging off the car lift by his bound hands in the same manner as Lada, only this time the dog is not in the grease pit below. The dog is chained to the same steel ring as before, but is on ground level. The dog barks at Sal, Uncle, Sel, Uncle, Sal, Please a few moments of excruciating silence before we hear Vince's voice over the PA system.
Speaker 4: Sally boy, my old friend.
Speaker 1: Sal is trying to find out where Vince's voice is coming from a series of shots, long row of Limos, tool rack, the office window, Anthony hanging close up of Sal.
Speaker 2: I could remember a time when you weren't afraid to talk to me face to face.
Speaker 7: And I can remember a time when you knew how to do what you were told, when you knew what family meant.
Speaker 4: You disappointed me, Sally.
Speaker 1: The girl, Sal pats his breast pocket.
Speaker 2: She's right here.
Speaker 4: You know, I'll kill the kid if I have to. Now, No games, where's the girl?
Speaker 1: Sal holds up a piece of paper.
Speaker 2: No game, Vince.
Speaker 5: Here's the address and phone number of the diners she's working at, her new name, social security number, everything you need.
Speaker 4: You were supposed to bring her this way.
Speaker 2: You can pick her off anytime you want.
Speaker 5: Charlie always said revenge is a dish best served, Cole.
Speaker 4: That's very obliging of you. Uncle Charlie would be proud of you if he was still alive.
Speaker 2: Release the kid.
Speaker 4: How do I know what's on that paper?
Speaker 2: I give you my word.
Speaker 7: Your word means nothing since you've been fucking that tu Tom.
Speaker 2: Let the kid go, Vince. This is between you and me. Now.
Speaker 1: There's a long pause, and finally the lift goes down and Anthony's able to release his arms from the rung of the lift. He runs to out who unties him.
Speaker 2: Uncle Sale, he killed? I know, I know, I get out here. It'll be easier with the two of us.
Speaker 5: Nothing's easy, kid, Now get lost before you get us both killed. There's a letter on Grandma's table telling you what to do next.
Speaker 1: Anthony slowly backs away and exits through the normal door within the enormous steel gray garage door. However, we see Anthony peeking in through the door's mail slot.
Speaker 4: I'm glad I didn't have to kill him. He's a good kid.
Speaker 7: After I kill you, maybe I'll get him a job of some kind. Now, you lay that piece of paper down on the hood or the first limmo.
Speaker 1: Sal puts the piece of paper back in his breast pocket and starts walking around the garage looking for Vince.
Speaker 2: Not Vince. I think I'll let you come and take it from me.
Speaker 4: You and me? Is that it salth you and me? The too bad?
Speaker 2: How could you do that to Carmela?
Speaker 4: That was your fault, your prick. You killed Charlie.
Speaker 2: That was different. Charlie would have killed me. My mother, now killed family.
Speaker 4: You know the rules?
Speaker 2: Fuck your rules. You killed her, and I'm gonna kill you. Vince.
Speaker 1: Sal notices a cable running under the office door, across the workbench and into the third limo. Sal pulls out his pistol with his right hand and grabs the cable with his left. Sal yanks the cable and the microphone is pulled out of Vince's hands. Sal fires two shots into the tinted windshield of the third limo. Sal ducks behind the first limo. Vince is now out of the limo, in the open and no longer on the PA speaker.
Speaker 7: You are becoming a very hard man to have a nice conversation with zal.
Speaker 2: Vince, your chief. Fuck. You should have invested in wireless. You're behind the times.
Speaker 7: After I kill you, I'll call up Anthony and hire him to put in a new system I'm in since he knows so much about all this new text.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's good at that.
Speaker 5: Too bad you won't be around to see some of the tapes he got.
Speaker 1: Sal lies on the floor, looking under the limbos for Vince's feet. The dog barks like crazy. Vince moves up closer to Sal. Sall loises Vince's feet moving around a limo and fires to shot, misses but causes Vince to run. Sal jumps up and fires and hits Vince in his back shoulder. Vince goes down, scrambling behind a tire.
Speaker 2: You hit me, prick, You're gonna die.
Speaker 4: No, no, I don't think so. You'll have to do better than that, Sath.
Speaker 1: Vince works his way to a chain that's locked in a vice on the workbench. Sal starts working his way towards Vince.
Speaker 2: I figured you wouldn't be that easy to kill.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you hit me, Saal. It's just what I needed. I'm getting a real.
Speaker 2: High from this.
Speaker 7: This is how it should be for men like des last two real warriors, left.
Speaker 2: Warriors, what warriors? Too old?
Speaker 5: Mean fox trying to each other because of a girl. Just two dinosaurs with nothing left to do.
Speaker 7: Maybe you have nothing. It's a little surprised for you, Sally.
Speaker 1: Vince jumps up and fires in Sal's direction, causing him to duck. Vince runs for the vice, on the workbench. Sal fires and misses. Vince releases the vice grip with the butt of his pistol, causing the chain to run out and freeing the dog. The dog attacks Sal, causing a pistol to fall from his hand. Sal tries to fight off the dog and reach for his second pistol on his leg. Sal is being torn alive by the dog, but manages to get the pistol and fires two quick shots.
Speaker 2: You're torn alive, it says, torn alive.
Speaker 1: The dog screams, flies, moans, then staggers away. Falling dead, Sal tries to get to his feet only to see Vince walking at him. Vince smiles and fire. He's getting Sal in the belly below the vest. Sal fires and hits Vince in the side, but Vince puts three more rounds into Sal's chest, pinning him to the floor. One of the rounds catches Sal in the next the pistol drops from Sal's hand. Sal lies there dying. Vince stands over him. Blood is pouring out of his shoulder.
Speaker 7: You stupid fuck, You could have had anything you wanted. You had to go play Knight in shining armor for a piece of ass.
Speaker 2: It wasn't about that.
Speaker 7: Then you're a bigger asshole than I thought. I'll take that note now.
Speaker 1: Sal tries to pull the note out of his breast pocket, but falls back.
Speaker 4: Face down, stupid basted.
Speaker 1: Peggy Lee sings, is that all there is? Vince reaches down and turns Sal's face up. Sal whips his right arm and the razor comes from nowhere and slices Vince's neck. Vince staggers back, clutching his throat and gasping for air. He looks towards sallin his last seconds of life and almost seems to smile, then falls to the ground, dead ghost.
Speaker 2: And ss his pants at the pants.
Speaker 4: We took that line, Joe's age, that's what it sounds.
Speaker 1: Anthony comes running up to his uncle and opens his shirt, trying to remove the bulletproof vest that has at least four shots in it. However, when Anthony spots the neck wound, he stops. Sal motions for Anthony to come closer as he whispers into his ear. Peggy Lee continues singing as we hear the sound of a phone ringing Interior Pioneer diner mcmetch in West Virginia early morning. Peggy Lee is still singing Parrah, now wearing a name tag that says Betty Ann is working as a waitress. She's running her buns off, trying to work the breakfast crowd. The waitress from before calls out to.
Speaker 10: Her, Betty Anne, phone, make it fast time.
Speaker 1: Betty and McCormick picks up the phone by the cash register. She can't hear who's at the other end he called it. She reaches behind the register, turns a dial, and the Peggy Lee song fades out.
Speaker 6: Yes, this is Betty Anne. Who Yes, Yes, I understand.
Speaker 1: Betty and McCormick hangs up the phone and stands there motionless. The salty waitress carrying four plates of ham and eggs comes up to her.
Speaker 6: What's the matter, Kay, my friend sal is uh his nephew called to tell me, tell you what to have a wonderful life.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, well, how about making my life wonderphone? Start passing out those eggs. Okay, one more time.
Speaker 4: Pass the eggs.
Speaker 3: Eggs.
Speaker 10: Now, how about making my life wonderful and start passing out those eggs?
Speaker 1: Sure, anything, you say, Betty and McCormick reaches behind the counter and turns up the sound. Peggy Lee sings, Is that all there is? We see Betty Ann doing her job. We even see her serve coffee to young Jeff who can't keep his eyes off her. Slow fade to black, the
Speaker 9: End, If that's all there is,