Speaker 1: Hey, folks, it's Lyle get this. I'm coming to over forty cities across the United States, the UK, Europe and Australia to do this here Therapy Gecko Podcast Live. These shows will involve bringing folks from the audience up on stage to talk to a gecko about whatever they want, just like we do on the podcast. The shows are completely unplanned, completely unpredictable, and they will be a lot of fun. So if you're a fan of the podcast, you should definitely come out. Tickets are available right now at therapy geckotour dot com and you should get them before they are sold out. That's therapy geckotour dot Com will put the link in the episode description as well. The live shows are are very fun, they're very geko wee, and I hope to see you there. All right, let's get into the episode. Hello, uh, hi, Hi, who is this? This is Beth, Beth, Beth, you have a crying child's in the I.
Speaker 2: Do her bottle found me her mouth right as as this happened, is.
Speaker 1: There is uh? Is there a way that you can get away from the child for a second while we talk on the phone or or do you.
Speaker 2: Need Yeah, yeah, yeah, for sure. Just get me like one second here, I'll set her up.
Speaker 1: Sure, sure, But I was can view the baby?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I was.
Speaker 2: This was unexpected because I haven't tried calling with this system, I guess, so I wasn't sure what to expect.
Speaker 1: Neither was I. Okay, the baby is the baby outside yet?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: I just moved.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's good. What's what's your name? Beth?
Speaker 2: Bess?
Speaker 1: Yes, what's up, Beth? How you doing?
Speaker 2: I am doing good, I honestly had. I didn't think that I was going to get through, so I didn't prepare anything or any actual reasons to call.
Speaker 1: But uh, that's fine, man, I mean we can just talk about whatever. I mean, how if I assume, like, if you've been listening for a while, you've imagined what you might want to talk about if you were to call in.
Speaker 2: I did have one story that I thought would probably entertain some people, and every time that I pulled it to the call screeners, they were like what the fuck?
Speaker 1: But like, well all right, well let's i'll let's let's hear it.
Speaker 2: So I used to have this roommate and I had known her for like years and years, like since elementary school and I'm twenty five now, so like it's been a while, and she came to live with me for a while, and there was this one weird point where she was just being super strange, and then she she went away for a week, like she left my house for a week, didn't tell us where she was going, and we were like, okay, that's cool. And we noticed that like the room she was staying in was just it was just there was a smell, I guess. And when we finally went to investigate, we found my baby's dirty diapers under her pillow.
Speaker 1: Oh I thought I thought this was going to have a dead body in it.
Speaker 2: No, I think that would I don't think I could have just kind of said that on stream. I think that would have been a whole different scenario. Whose pillow was this her pillow, like under her bedroom pillow and it had been there for like I'd got to say, about two weeks.
Speaker 1: Who is the her? I'm sorry, I'm a bad listener.
Speaker 2: My old roommate.
Speaker 1: Your old roommate put your daughter's poop under her pillow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she was just sleeping with that there. Why we never found out because when we confronted her about it, she said, Oh, that's strange, threw the diaper in the garbage, and then proceeded to never wash her sheets, never do anything about all of that situation, totally normal.
Speaker 1: Well she didn't. She said it was strange.
Speaker 2: I feel like she said it was strange because we caught her.
Speaker 1: Well look, I mean look what look what the reason why she said it was strange? I mean she admitted it was strange.
Speaker 2: It was indeed strange.
Speaker 1: It was indeed strange. That's what I would say if I was caught doing something like that, It's indeed strange. What do you have any idea why she was sleeping with your daughter's poop under her pillow?
Speaker 2: No, we never found out. She like moved out a couple of weeks later.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would do that too, bailed. What how did you react to this? Like did you have do you?
Speaker 4: Do?
Speaker 1: You have theories at all?
Speaker 2: I haven't been able to figure anything out. It was too weird, Like I hadn't. I didn't know how to process that situation.
Speaker 4: M M.
Speaker 2: It's like when you have kids, Like, yes, there's a lot of weird things that can happen with people when you have kids, but that's just not something that I imagined.
Speaker 1: Now, since finding out that she sleeps with your daughter's poop under your pillow, have you tried sleeping with your daughter's poop under your pillow in the event that actually somehow does something and that's why she was doing it.
Speaker 2: Now, I can't say that I have felt the urge to do that, really.
Speaker 1: I mean, she had her She was sleeping with your daughter's poof for like two weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like two weeks.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, So there was she had to have had a reason, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: There had to be a reason, and she couldn't like she couldn't say it was something like, oh, the dog put it there, and I didn't know because like you could tell.
Speaker 1: All I'm saying is that we okay, so we've established that she did this for a reason. All I'm saying is you could take your daughter's poop, put it under your pillow, go to sleep, and then when you wake up at the morning, you'll be like, oh, I totally get this now.
Speaker 2: I still, you know, maybe who knows, maybe maybe one day I'll get experimental.
Speaker 1: Because I'm wondering if there's like a refreshing element to sleeping on poop or if your daughter just your daughter's poop in this particular has some kind of like gift to it where if you sleep on it, it makes your life magical or something. I don't I don't know, I don't know what what your roommate was it, anything else weird happened with them?
Speaker 2: She was all kinds of weird. She was all kinds of weird.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this question, where does this rank on the list of weirdest things that she's done? Or is this towards the bottom or towards the top.
Speaker 2: It's probably towards the top.
Speaker 1: I think, as you done anything more bizarre than this.
Speaker 2: Oh, now, she was like super into dressing like an adult baby all the time, so it kind of like.
Speaker 1: You know what, that is important information in this case, I would say maybe that gives me a little bit of a suspicion as to maybe why she was stealing your daughter's poop.
Speaker 2: I feel like there was other other ways to indulge in her weird like.
Speaker 1: Oh, look, no, I'm just talking from her perspective as to why she would do that.
Speaker 2: But but me, it's like she had her boyfriend sleep over too, so like, why didn't he say anything.
Speaker 1: Because he probably also likes poop. I guess where do you think they met? They met at one of the adult baby conventions.
Speaker 2: Like she she hasn't talked to me since either. It's been about a year now.
Speaker 1: What's her life like? What's she doing?
Speaker 2: I don't know. She moved in with her boyfriend.
Speaker 4: That was that.
Speaker 1: Well. I'm glad that everybody in this situation ended up happy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm kind of happy that I don't have to That was just it was just so strange. It was strange.
Speaker 1: Who do you live with now?
Speaker 2: My husband and our three kids?
Speaker 1: Does your husband ever steal your child's poop and put it under his parent?
Speaker 2: No? No, he does not.
Speaker 1: Well, it sounds like you live a very happy life.
Speaker 2: It's nice, it's calm. Uh.
Speaker 1: Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before you go? H?
Speaker 2: No, But I will say that you should try and come to East Coast Canada sometime, because you're a little too far away from me to go see you this time. Oh.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I'm ever doing any I don't know. I don't know if I'm ever doing anything again after this tour. We'll see man, all right? All right, Thank you very much for calling about you. Take care all right?
Speaker 3: See ya Ahi.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 3: My name is Armando.
Speaker 1: Armando.
Speaker 3: The reason why I wanted to call is because I actually gave you a Bulls jersey as a gift last week.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, wait a minute, that was you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was walking off the stage and somebody handed me something. I didn't even get the chance to look at it. It's a Bulls jersey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it sees a yeah lyle. The get on the back I put it was custom.
Speaker 1: Wait it has my name. Hold on, I actually have this my suit so I do that. I do this thing when I go on trips where I just don't fucking I'm so fucking lazy, Armando. I literally don't unpack my suitcase, so I just have my packed suitcase literally a foot away from me. I kind of want to open this. I didn't know it, said gek on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, give me give.
Speaker 1: Me one second, give me one second.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh somewhere, Oh wait, I have it.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, I'm gonna open this. I don't know how exciting this is for the audio portion of this, but hold on, wait, holy ship, this is a this is a bulls. It says Gek on the back. Yeah, holy shit, it iss Lyle the Gek. I didn't even open this. I had no idea what this was.
Speaker 3: It was it was a gift since no, you're super nice to me last time I went on stage.
Speaker 1: Oh wait a minute, I remember you were you the guy who had a rectile dysfunction.
Speaker 3: Well, my friend said, U yeah, oh.
Speaker 1: Okay, sorry to bring it up, but yeah, you were the guy who had a regtile dysfunction and you were using gas station penis pills to fix it. And here you are.
Speaker 5: You.
Speaker 1: You're so kind. You know you're dealing with your own problems, and you found it some time to give me this very nice gift. Thank you very much. Oh my god, I'm sorry. I didn't even didn't even look at it. This is awesome. Thank you.
Speaker 3: So next time you do come to Chicago, you have something official to wear.
Speaker 1: I was I was half expecting there to be a little zip lock bag of some gas station penis pills hidden inside this package somewhere. But it's okay. I'm not I'm not offended that there's not. I can I can get those myself. I'm an adult. Yeah, I remember your your your buddy, made you go on stage to talk about your addiction to gas station penis pills. How did how did that eventually turn out? Do you still well?
Speaker 3: Are you still I actually never took him before. They just said because I wanted to talk about how my friends thought I was an alcoholic. But I don't know if you remember that. And then we took a picture with our bellies together because you asked me, what was my biggest regret about alcohol? Said my beer belly?
Speaker 1: No, I do remember that. Okay, So how are you? How are you doing on the alcohol? I I yeah, I remember you wanted to talk about alcohol and penis pills problems.
Speaker 3: I still haven't tried the gastation until I did. I still I still want to. I'm not leaving that. But yeah, alcohol, I mean alcohol is cool, man, So having fun out here?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know. I don't know if that's a good answer or not. But how No, yes, yes, I remember this, I remember this. Okay. You you you wanted to start trying gas station pens penis pills, but you mainly yes, you and I we talked about alcohol and stuff. Are you like? I mean, how are you? How are you doing? Are you getting drunk and fighting people or anything.
Speaker 3: No, nothing like that. I actually just got back from a Puerto Rican Cabo for for DJing. So but that was all partying and you know, that was a lot of fun. So but it involved.
Speaker 1: How what did anything particularly exciting happen in Cabo?
Speaker 3: Oh? I saw a little John for the first time.
Speaker 1: Who is that? That's a rapper?
Speaker 3: Right, yeah? Yeah, he has a lot of hit songs.
Speaker 1: So what's he doing all the way down in Cabo? Probably also getting drunk and hammering down his papers.
Speaker 3: It was spring break, so yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, what do you are? Are you on spring break at all? What do you?
Speaker 2: What do you?
Speaker 1: What is it that you do?
Speaker 4: Again?
Speaker 1: I forgot. I don't know if we ever talked about it.
Speaker 3: I'm a DJ, full time, your full time dj.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know what? You know, it's funny. Okay, So I gotta say this since we're talking about the live show stuff, and I know I'm always talking about the live show stuff on this podcast, but it is kind of the it is the most persistent thought on my mind these shows because I'm having a lot of fun doing them, you know, So it's funny on the road. I never I don't drink or get stoned before Actually that's not I've experimented with like taking like having like a drink before getting on stage, but without fail, almost every night after the show is over, it's like reward time. So I'm I'm you know, drinking and smoking and eating whatever, you know, fucking fried mozzarella sticks stuff they have at the club. And without even real and I'm not a huge alcohol I'm a big weed guy. I'm not a huge alcohol guy. But without even noticing it, I was getting drunk every like every single night of this tour. It's not getting drunk, but like drinking a lot. And for you, because you're a DJ, did that like being in that party environment? Is that like a a big sort of making you want to get drunk all the time?
Speaker 3: I would say yes, it is a little difficult most of the time. I do, Like, you know, Thursday through Sunday, it's kind of the days that I kind of work. So throughout the night, you know, people come out and support you or you know, stuff like that. And then the way that you know, they want to say, how do you like handing you a shot or like buying you a beer or stuff like that or you know, and it's it's hard to sometimes I say no, you know, like because they already kind of bought it. Usually when they ask, I'll be like, no, I'm all right. I'm cool because I like to get my set done and then after my set's done, then I can go hang out with everybody. But yeah, it's sometimes difficult, you know, because it's it's around you. Even when you want to like take a break on a certain day, it's just around you.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: It's like, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I have to start.
Speaker 4: Like, you know, I think there's an urge and I that I get and I think this is this is probably a relatable thing of like anything you can do, you just do it.
Speaker 1: Like somebody, somebody you know, invites you. For somebody you know offers you a drink, You're like, oh, sure, I have been offered this drink. I will take it. Somebody offers you a smoke. Oh I have been offered this smoke. I will take it. And it's like, you know, you can. You don't have to accept every single every you know, every opportunity to get drunk and stone you don't have to take. And this is not me talking to you. This is me talking to me, Yeah, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, somebody offers you like hard or I'm like no, I'm good, God, wait something hard.
Speaker 1: But then there's the thing like if somebody offers, like if you're in and I don't like this, is people are going to start coming up to being offering me acid after I say this. But it's like, you know, if I'm in, like I don't know, some weird place and somebody's like, hey, do you want to do acid? Part of me is like I kind of want to say yes, just for the experience of it, but also I feel like that should be a more planned thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, you around comfortable people and people you could trust and stuff like that, right, Yeah, definitely stuff like that. Yeah, no, I totally agree with you. Yeah, but no, I do. I do try to slow down once in a while, but like like I said, it is difficult just kind of around a party environment and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: So are you, uh, what the hell was I going to say? So are you? Are you like actively trying to drink and smoke less?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I mean I don't. I don't really smoke at all. I don't I at least smoke weed. Like I'll probably take a hit or it's free or hanging out with some friends, but I don't like actively smoke at all or you know.
Speaker 1: You You're your thing was alcohol. Are you actively trying to drink less?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, I mean I don't. I don't drink like, I don't wake up like I need a beer or anything. It's just it's just more of a you know, when I'm out working or something like that, it's just around me and it just you know, turns into a bender sometimes.
Speaker 1: So how how long? How long of a bender were you on in Cabo?
Speaker 3: I was in Cabo for about five days? Were you?
Speaker 1: Were you drunk the entire time?
Speaker 4: I was?
Speaker 3: Actually I got shipped out there to DJ a wedding. I mean flown out there to DJ at wedding, so I had to kind of be uh, you know, professional. But once the wedding was over, I was like, okay, let's go have fun now.
Speaker 1: See that's the That's what I like about doing. You know, when you're doing a performance of some kind, you have very clear indications of when your work is done. You know, when you stop spinning, it's like, all right, now I don't have to do any actual things. Now I can go crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, Yeah, it's a lot better feels a lot.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: It's like you said, it's kind of like a reward right at the end, you know. So the way I kind of see it sometimes, but you.
Speaker 1: Know, I got into a thing with myself where I and this is I haven't learned anything from this. These are just observations. Is like you know, I I reward myself every time my show is over by you know, with you know, a drink or a smoke or or mainly a food. You know, that's my thing of course, is all the food stuff. And I'm and I'm like, well, this is my is my job now doing this? And I'm like, well, that's like if you know, it's like if you went you can't like just doing your job is not, I guess, always a reason to go crazy afterwards. I don't know, that's just thought. What do you think about that? As a fellow traveling guy.
Speaker 3: No, that's that's true. It is true, but like, yeah, but I also just do see it as because you know, Monday through Wednesday or kind of really just resting and you know, catching up on things. But you know when when you're out there and you know, you kind of just want to feel good about yourself and feel that reward sensation and it's like, you know, but trying not to get too extreme sometimes, you know, don't.
Speaker 1: As they say, as they say, you know, just so, just so something to take the edge off.
Speaker 3: So have you have you like, have you like at least smoked the joint before you've got on stage?
Speaker 1: Oh no, oh my god, that would be awful.
Speaker 3: The comers, or like maybe like.
Speaker 4: I've experimented very lightly with like a little like I had a couple of shows where I'm like, let me see how I feel taking like, you know, drinking a beer you know, beforehand.
Speaker 1: Never weed though, because weed is for weed for me is like getting into my own thoughts and whatnot. And when what I'm about to like go up in front of you know, a couple hundred people, the last thing I want to be doing is uh, you know, thinking too hard about the situation, because I can't. I'm not good socially when I'm two stones, So I like to just do that alone.
Speaker 3: What do you think was the hardest city that you kind of felt before you got.
Speaker 1: On stage of the hardest city that you.
Speaker 3: Were kind of mainly nervous about.
Speaker 4: Hmm.
Speaker 1: I was really. You know, it's funny. I was really nervous for Saint Louis and all those because I was like in like a real comedy club and and you know, I did stand up from like sixteen to twenty two and then I quit. Uh And I and I never really like I got don't. I don't consider myself like a like a you know, like a comedian comedian. So it was a little bit intimidating to like be doing shows at these like you know, real comedy clubs. But the shows went so great. It was so much fun. I felt really good about myself, I felt really good about the people that came up, I felt really good about uh every it was it was great. So it's it was very funny because I was the most nervous for that show, but then it turned out to be, you know, one of the best ones. But yeah, I can't, I can't get fucking There's been time. There's actually been times where like I think I've talked about this before, but I was like at twitch Con and I was in my suits and like I was out at some bar or something and I hit like I was it was like late, and I know I don't normally get stone when I'm in when I'm a gecko. But I was in the suit and somebody handed me like a dad pen and I hit it. And then like two seconds later, somebody came up to me and they were like, are you the gecko guy from TikTok? And I started freaking out. I was like, oh, crap, I don't know how to like, I don't. I don't know how to be myself right now. You know, so I don't. I don't really mix uh, you know, weed and talking to people.
Speaker 3: That's actually funny. The first time I did ecstasy was after a DJ set. My sister actually gave it to me. I was super nervous about a DJ set. I just got done and she handed it to me. He's like, just try it. I was real nervous, and I just was like fuck it. I popped it and then I went to the washroom and then as soon as I came out the washroom, I freaked out.
Speaker 1: Oh you were you made you freak out?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like, uh, I started sweating everywhere. The lights, you know, just the lasers and everything. And then I realized that I didn't even pack my book bag. So I was like freaking out because I was like, I don't I don't know how to pack my laptop on my cables, you know, and the other DJs already played, and I didn't want to go up there looking like I'm like a zombie and all sweaty. And I ended up having to call one of my friends to come and pack my bag for me because I was but yeah, that was I will never do that again.
Speaker 1: See that's you know, that's the thing about like, and this is why I don't even you know, is I feel like I don't like I I know some people and even like when I was in like I feel like I've mentioned this on the podcast before, but like when I was in high school, there was like I was friends with this girl who like would take a huge she like she could take big bong rips and then go do all of her homework. And I was amazed by that because I was like, I can't. I can't mix like drugs and like doing work that well. I know I've tried before, but some people are so good at at at doing that somehow, like take even like taking ecstasy before like having to go to a big like DJ set, I can I can see why that would have have uh consequences? Did did you?
Speaker 2: Did you?
Speaker 1: Did you actually do the DJ set?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: I already finished the DJ set, so that's why I took it. But I just, you know, I needed to still pack my bag because my stuff was still up there at the end the DJ brew. So it was difficult. You know, it was difficult grabbing it because I was just out of my mind. I wasn't in my element and I didn't want the other DJs to look at me like I was weird or anything or you know, yeah, well.
Speaker 1: What's what's next for you? Armando? This was a are you? Are you? You seem like you seem like you're chilling. I know that we you talked about. I don't even think it was you. I think it was your friends who said you had an alcohol problem or something at the at the Chicago show. Does that Do you consider yourself to have a problem?
Speaker 3: Uh? I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think so. But you know, I mean I probably do to others. It might not see normal to others, but I feel fine for now. You know, I'm kind of just living in a moment. I know eventually I'll kind of catch up to me. But uh, right, now, you know, I'm just having fun and summer's here, so I know that's gonna it's gonna be a lot of fun for me.
Speaker 1: And oh yeah, lots of summer ales.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, so yeah, I don't I don't know. It's all the kind of perspective thing to me. It's I know, other people might think, you know that all that guy does is party, you know, and sometimes it's it's kind of my job in a way, you know, networking. Networking sometimes involves grabbing a beer with somebody, you know, and that kind of leads to another job, you know, stuff like that. So yeah, but I want to keep you, uh, you know, talking much longer. I know other callers want to get on. So thank you guy. You're amazing. Man, I haven't thought for a while. Now. Enjoy the jersey.
Speaker 1: What a cool thing. I'm sorry I didn't even you handed it to me, like right as I was running off the stage, I didn't even get the chance to open.
Speaker 3: I thought I bought the later show, but I accidentally bought the early show. So but it's all good man. I'm glad that I got to talk to you and you got to check out the jersey. But yeah, so next time we were in Chicago, you should wear it rocket and you'll be official.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, Harmando. Uh, stay safe man, you you have a good one. I'll uh maybe one day I'll watch you dj in in Cabo.
Speaker 3: Of course, then I have agree with YouTube.
Speaker 1: Man, you take care. Whatever that was, that was cool. I I wanted to ask Armando about I didn't get a chance. I wanted to ask Armando about all the h I'm sure that when you're DJing a wedding you see lots of I don't know, drunken, entertaining family things. You know, it's a joyous occasion, a wedding, and everyone's happy. I don't know what the fuck am I saying? All right, thanks Armando.
Speaker 6: Hey, Hey is this Lyle?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Who is this?
Speaker 4: Hell?
Speaker 6: Hi, this is Anthony.
Speaker 1: What's up? Anthony?
Speaker 6: I really wanted to call Lyle today and see if he watched the The Mario Brothers movie.
Speaker 1: Well, this is Lyle. I don't know if you know that you're talking to me?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: Hi?
Speaker 6: No, I did not know. Hey, Yeah, you do really sound different on the on the phone, so do you. Long time, first time.
Speaker 1: I've been listening. I've been listening to you through your microphone on your on your phone, I have a tracking device in your phone. I don't know why I'm saying this. Hi, what's up? Man?
Speaker 6: You scared me.
Speaker 1: You wanted to see you know if I saw the Mario Bros. Movie. Yes, I saw the Mario Bros. Movie two nights ago.
Speaker 6: What are your thoughts?
Speaker 1: I A lot of people are saying that it's just like, well, I don't, I don't want to have spoiled. I don't. I don't. I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it, because it like just came out. Uh. But I felt like there were too many things introduced, too many plot elements introduced that the movie. I mean, it's only an hour and a half long movie, and it didn't adequately service all of the plot lines that were introduced. And I don't think it was written that well, you know, uh, with that in mind. But but I liked my favorite part was the Easter eggs and hearing uh the musical score and all that. Like, I didn't like Mario having a family was weird and I didn't feel like that was necessary the whole Like Mario wants to make his dad proud thing. I was like, why are you doing that? But it was fun. It was fun, like the parts of it that were supposed to be fun. I didn't like that. Okay, they put fucking mister Bluesky. They they used all these like, uh pop songs, which and they're not even modern pop songs. They're like for an older audio, like they used No Sleep Till Brooklyn. Uh, they used take on Me, they use Mister blue Sky. And these aren't like they're not like pop songs for kids. They're kind of like, you know, it's an older audience who's gonna know those songs? And so it's like, if you're gonna use those songs for the older audience, why not just use the fucking more Mario music, you know, Yeah, yeah, the Cogi Kondo songs. That is that the the the music guy.
Speaker 6: I think.
Speaker 1: So it was it was really weird that they used like licensed music. I was thinking about that today and I was wondering if that was like a a a financial decision. I bet it's probably cheaper to license music than it is to create more. But I just it was weird. I didn't like it, but you know, I mean it was fine. It was fine, I didn't live up to my expectations. I might go see it again. What'd you say?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I liked it. I really wish I had more to stay on it. I called you to and I'm too like excited to process my thoughts.
Speaker 1: I was really excited for that movie. I got back to La at like at night, and then I went right from the fucking I was dying to see this movie. I went right from the airport to see the movie. It was great. Wait, no, it wasn't it was it was okay, it was okay. The experience of going to see it. You have another question, let's se let's hear it.
Speaker 6: I did have another question, Gek, but go ahead. This is like very this is I'm like way too excited talking to Lyle the Gek live in front of everyone right now. Man, Oh, I'm coming to see you in New York City.
Speaker 1: Oh, rock and roll, rock and roll. I'm excited. I'm excited to see you that. Wait, is there a question attached to that? It's okay if there's no you.
Speaker 6: Wanna you want to smoke weed in New York City?
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't like to promise things, so I can't. I'm not gonna promise that, but I don't because I might. I don't know. It's it's not out of it's not out of the cards. Though it's not out of the cards, it could happen. I don't know what I I don't know, uh if I have anything after that, but maybe I'll try to put together some kind of little after thing. But I'll say it's not out of the cards. But I can't promise anything. Hell yeah, what's your name?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 6: I'm Anthony?
Speaker 1: Anthony? What else is? Is there anything else going on with you? Anthony? I feel like I'm I feel like I want to I want to know at least something about you before we go.
Speaker 6: I'm going through a bit of a rough half geck.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Just I quit my job, but like a week ago, just to just to go on and like pursue an adventure. Not sure what I'm going to do next.
Speaker 1: What What do you quit your job to pursue adventure? What adventure are you going to go pursue?
Speaker 6: I haven't figured it out yet mm hmm.
Speaker 1: But yet something that something was bubbling in your mind for a while that made you ultimately make the decision to quit. What was what was what was the straw that broke the camel's back?
Speaker 6: They it was really bumming me out, and they they asked me they put like another thing on the calendar for me, and really it was like the one straw where I was like, this can't be, this can't be every day?
Speaker 1: Okay, what was I gonna say? Uh? What what was that last straw that you said camp be every day? It was?
Speaker 6: It was I had to present a meeting in like May.
Speaker 1: This is about that is.
Speaker 6: About what it was about how to fight like properly like process the spreadsheets. And it was like kind of like I couldn't look at the screen anymore, the like glow of the screen, just like yeah, I wanted to melt my eyes.
Speaker 1: They so they made you present. They wanted you to give a presentation on the spreadsheets in May.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I gotta be vague because it's it's kind of like, do you work for I work for an I could say an ad agency, so I can really say the clients.
Speaker 1: Is why do you work for Auntie Anne's No, okay, I know they're notoriously secret about you know, all things pretzels.
Speaker 6: They are delicious, that's no secret.
Speaker 1: But okay, so you were for an ad agency. Okay, all right, so you're working for an ad agency. They tell you that you need to do a presentation on the spreadsheets. You're like, if I have to look at this computer screen any longer, I will go insane. And so you quit? What did you?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: How longer did you quit?
Speaker 6: A week ago?
Speaker 1: A week? What have you been doing in the in the week since you quit?
Speaker 6: More spreadsheets, trying to cut the right note.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, all right, you you get you put in your two weeks, so you're not done yet. Yeah, all right, all right, it's nice that you're trying to leave on a good note.
Speaker 4: You're like, let me get a reference lined up in case if this doesn't work outs.
Speaker 6: Yeah, in case I have to, you know, go back to not having any money at all, and I do the spreadsheets.
Speaker 1: What's the.
Speaker 4: Mmmm?
Speaker 1: Well, so you wanted to go on an adventure?
Speaker 6: You say, yeah, I don't know what's next, Like, I don't want to do something in the in the field of art creativity mm hmm, but I need money, and I feel like you probably have a good experience with this.
Speaker 1: A good experience with with what.
Speaker 6: You know, turning art into money, because I think what you do is very very awesome.
Speaker 1: Thanks man. To see turning art into money. Well, here's here's the thing I don't know. I mean, there's a lot of things to this. Is that, Well, you can turn your art into money, but then your art will become a job. That's a common, uh, piece of of It's a common anecdotal thing I see out there and feel it feel myself as well. What what kind of art do you make?
Speaker 6: I can draw amateurrely, But you said you said.
Speaker 1: I'm going to Okay, you said you're you said you're looking for an adventure of some kinds.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Are we talking like a trip? Are we talking like a like a get out of Dodge go to Macedonia type of type of vibe? Is that what we're what we're thinking right now?
Speaker 6: It could be I got some you know, I have a family. I have a wife, pets, so it's hard to travel.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's what does your wife do? What's your wife do?
Speaker 6: She makes the money. It's like a lot of it, like way more than.
Speaker 1: Me is she is she cool with like supporting both of you guys.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she's my hero. I love her. Shout out to you. She's watching shout.
Speaker 1: Out your wife, shout out your wife. All right, so you guys got pets show what what? What was her? What was her thoughts about this whole thing?
Speaker 6: I was driving her crazy? She probably this was probably a relief to her. So it's for me to do something else.
Speaker 1: Oh were you coming home every night just complaining about work? And she was like, well, just fucking quit already.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Basically, mm hmm.
Speaker 1: That's good. That's because she's supportive of of you, know, your life. What is she what's her ideas on what you should do next? I'm sure you guys have talked about it before.
Speaker 6: I'm I'm I think, uh, I'm going to be helping her almost in like an assistant role at this point, because we got, we got, We've had way too many things to get done that have just been piling up for years, like two years.
Speaker 1: At this point, when you say assisting her, is it assisting her with like her job thing or just like kind of like house husband kind of kind of life things, house.
Speaker 6: Husband life situation. Like, it's not ideal because I'd love to I'd love to be able to be more supportive. It's kind of it's kind of a tricky situation.
Speaker 1: I don't think you know, look, you know, look, here's here's here's the thing about you saying it's not ideal to be a house hub. Life's life is. There's a lot of maintenance fucking to it. Uh you got pats, you have to pay taxes, you have to go to the dentist. I mean there's a lot of things to do. I mean you just said yourself. There's a whole you know, you know, you gotta clean shit, you gotta cook food. There's you said yourself. There's a whole list of things piling up that I'm sure she could use a nice, strong, supportive house husband to figure out while she's you know, working, working, making the money.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm decently. I can lift up like forty pounds pretty easily.
Speaker 1: That's very attractive. Yeah, yeah, what's up?
Speaker 6: We've been watching you for like a long time now. We probably saw the call out. We tried to call you like sixty times. I didn't even really know what to say. Uh So I was just wondering when when people call into you, what are you looking for?
Speaker 1: Lately? I've been looking for less and less lately. I'm just trying to have fun and talk to people and enjoy life. And I've been doing that. Here's I mean, this is why I do this is if I knew what I was looking for, I'd just go make it. But I like, I like doing this because things come in that I didn't even Uh. I mean, that's that's what's been so fun about doing this podcast and about you know, the way I do my live shows and the way I do all this stuff is that interesting things come to me that I didn't I didn't even know I was looking for. You know, That's what's fun about it. So I'm not I don't know if I'm looking for anything.
Speaker 6: And let sorry excuse you. I mean to zoom type.
Speaker 1: Now you're right to say excuse me. You know what, It's funny. You should start saying excuse you to people when they sneeze. What were you going to you were going to say something? Just now?
Speaker 6: Uh? I was, I was.
Speaker 1: Did it have to do with that? Did it? Did it have to do with the Super Mario Brothers movie?
Speaker 6: Uh? What do you think about Charlie Day as Luigi?
Speaker 1: I you know, here's another again, this is my last thing on Super Marbos. I saw a lot of the reviews talking about the voice cast. I loved all the voice I even liked Chris Pratt. I thought it was fine. I liked all the voice casts. I don't people are talking about the voice cast though, like it makes a break to the movie. The voice Here's the thing about acting, and I might catch some flames for this, but he's like the voice actors in this movie. They show up for like a week and they record their lines, and then they get out of there, and then for about five years people clear can drag ship around in on the computer and they actually go and make the movie. So the voice I don't think the voice cast has that much strongly to do with the movie. Although that I mean that said I had. I thought the voice cast was fun. You know, Jack Black, Bowser, Seth Rogan, Donkey Klong, he did the Seth Rogan laugh. Charlie Day was great. I thought it was great. I like, I liked the voice cast. I don't think it's like you know, I would I wouldn't. I wouldn't gripe over it.
Speaker 6: I would say Jack Black with the Peaches song was was really good. I think that was worth the price of admission for me. So I think I'm okay with anything else.
Speaker 1: What is your name again, Andrew?
Speaker 7: I'm Anthony Anthony, Anthony Anthony well.
Speaker 6: New York City guest, and I'll say I was the one who spoke to you about the two weeks and when you got back to.
Speaker 1: LA maybe my maybe my opinion I'll see from my bro's movie will change by then. Yes, but uh, it sounds like it sounds like you have a supportive wife, which is nice. And I think you'll what just real quick before we go, because I feel like this is still unresolved. What when you say adventure, do you do you have an inkling of a of an idea of what your adventure is going to be?
Speaker 6: Not a not a single not like one clue.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you maybe you and your wife and your dogs can go to Peru?
Speaker 6: We could get a van?
Speaker 1: Maybe I like that? Does should work from home?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: Oh fucking van? It up so crazy? See you could ye ah, you got the dog for that, You got the dog for solving mysteries. You could be you know what you could do is you could like learn how to do all the van stuff right like you fucking learn how to fix up the van. You fucking go to you. She makes the money that you used to go to home depot to buy wood and ship and then you fix up the van and then you become like the handy handyman, handy van man, and she makes the money and you're you do the handyman van house husband stuff.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna put a giant gek decal on it.
Speaker 1: I'm excited for that.
Speaker 6: And you should sell that in the shop.
Speaker 1: I sell little stickers and stuff. But I'm excited for you, Anthony. I think adventure awaits. I hope it does. I hope adventure awaits and not you know, treachery and death, even though that is what what awaits us all. Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 6: Be kind to each other? Uh and and go ghek.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Anthony. You have a good rest of the night.
Speaker 6: Good night.
Speaker 1: It is true. Death awaits a song all from Will?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 1: Will?
Speaker 5: Hey, how's it going?
Speaker 1: It's going good man? What are you up to?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 5: I'm just chilling, uh, you know, sitting at my desk like I do most days, you know, and I saw you go live. I was really excited, to be honest.
Speaker 1: You're sitting at your desk. What are you doing at your desk? What are you doing before?
Speaker 5: I well, uh, usually I'll have like three different streams, open some YouTube. I drink you know, water to stay hydrated. Sometimes I'll enjoying suff from a bowl and uh yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Have three different streams, oh, like three different twitch streams.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I like to keep myself entertained.
Speaker 1: What doesn't that get a little bit confusing, like having all those different people up at the same time.
Speaker 5: Oh no, I mean I have three monitors. I'm a juicer, So I watch the ex you see, so he keeps entertained all day. And then you know, I'll watch people like moist, critical Charlie, you know, uh who else you know, ammering from feeling a little on the wild side, stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah, I've heard of all those folks. Yeah, what what draws you to want to watch so many streams at once?
Speaker 5: Let's see, I mean, I just I like to keep myself entertained. Like I said, Like, if I'm watching one person and I'm not like too into what they're doing, obviously it's not like a VOD so I can't look through it and go through. So I go to some stream. But yeah, what do you.
Speaker 1: Do outside of watching streams? Uh?
Speaker 5: Today? You know, I like to go for drives a lot. So I went through a drive. I listened to some music. You know, That's why I like to do a lot of driving the music. I'm in college, so I did some college work this morning. When I woke up, I fed myself like everyone should.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. What do you go to college for?
Speaker 5: It's actually pretty interesting, you ask, because you probably have never heard of my degree. It's called interdisciplinary studies. Ever heard of that?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 5: I got to choose my own, like major paths. So I made one of them commerce, one of them Foreign and Modern Languages, and then I'm minoring in it.
Speaker 1: That's a lot, you're you're it sounds like you're approaching college degrees the same way that you're approaching watching your streams.
Speaker 5: Oh yes, I need to branch out and venture into everything I can at one time.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean do you feel I'm just curious from for my own for my own curios I mean, do you feel uh, I don't know, grounded doing all that shit? It a lot?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I mean it is a lot, but it keeps the entertained, you know, I fill up my day at club on the weekends. This weekend I live in Florida. I drove down to South Florida party with some friends. You know, I like to at least myself busy, keep a busy played.
Speaker 1: I guess you could say it sounds like you have a full life with all these twitch streams and clubs and uh college stuff. What what do you do when you go to the club. Are you like trying to talk to new people? Are you getting what's your deal?
Speaker 2: No, I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't like to get too drunk.
Speaker 6: At the club.
Speaker 5: I just I'm a big d M guy, So I'm actually like super into whatever DJ is there. If it's a good DJ, I'll usually try to get as close as possible. Like most of the time at the club that I'm a live, like right across the street from I'm usually up at the DJ booth like chill him at the DJ that I know, it's actually a really good time.
Speaker 1: Okay, what what what's the DJ that you know?
Speaker 5: Like, Oh, he's a this guy. His name's Jammy If anyone wants to look him up. He's actually a really cool guy. He's played a DC home base. Anyone knows what that is, but it's, uh, he just likes to play like house, some techno, some rap. If people are going to like wrap the younger audience from college kids that like, you know, Kodeac stuff like that, you know.
Speaker 1: What, what what's your dream for the what is your name?
Speaker 2: Even?
Speaker 1: I don't even think I got that? Oh I'm sorry, Will, Will? What? What's your hope for the future?
Speaker 4: Will?
Speaker 5: Honestly, just get a nice job with the degree I'm doing, live in a nice place wherever I decided to move to. If I decided to move out of Florida and just be stable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is have you always wanted stability? Is that kind of the thing that.
Speaker 2: I would think.
Speaker 1: Yeast Okay, Yeah, because.
Speaker 5: Like you know, it's just growing up, Like my dad is pretty well off and so is my mom, Like both are my parents are divorced. They divorce and I was like two or three. So I've always kind of wanted to just like build a nice life for my after I graduate.
Speaker 1: The fuck man, that sounds good. It sounds like you got a good head on your shoulders. It's funny you started off talking about how you have like twenty Twitch streams on your computer at the whole time, and I was like, I wonder, I'm curious what we'll find out about this guy more we talked to. But sounds like you give your head on pretty straight. I'm jealous.
Speaker 5: I appreciate. I mean, I've watched you for a decent amount of time. I would say you do as well. My favorite interview you've ever done was with Logic with Bobby that she was the best.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Logic is a good dude. Man. Well, well look I'll say this. I mean, before we go, man, was there anything in particular that you you wanted to talk about or just kind of chit chat?
Speaker 5: I was low key calling because I started fucking gambling on steak Us recently.
Speaker 1: I need you, all right, how much of you? How much have you lost gambling?
Speaker 5: I probably put in, like I would say, to three hundreds right now?
Speaker 1: All right, so you're down three hundred to two fifty buses.
Speaker 5: So I should just like stop while I'm here, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean I think so, Yeah, I just shouldn't put in anymore. It's funny because you are. I didn't even say anything. You just told yourself that and wanted me to confirm it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, pretty much. I mean That's why I called it open. You just tell me like, just fucking don't do anymore. You're not gonna win.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm trying not to tell people what to do anymore. But yeah, I mean, well, it's.
Speaker 5: Not like I have the money to just throw away. It's kind of just like a fun thing to what.
Speaker 1: Made you want to get into gambling in the first place.
Speaker 5: Because a fucking you know, a train in Felix. What's that again, Yeah, train wrecks. Excuc just watching them gamble to get a fucking blast watching them gamble.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, it's the It all goes back to the twitch streamers. Watching them gamble has made you want to gamble, of course. All right, well fun, I mean, I'm sure you can find better hobbies to do. There's there's lots of That's the cool thing about the age that we live in. There's a lot of things to do.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I go kart a lot. That's another thing I do fill my time as a cool go kart track near me.
Speaker 1: You're the most well put together human being I think I've ever talked to.
Speaker 5: Damn, that is a compliment coming through you. I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Well, look, what what's your name again. Will Yes, I mean, yeah, look, I don't I don't think I would keep gambling just because these twitch folks are gambling. Yeah, but the go karting seems cool. Is keep doing that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I'm gonna all the money that I've put so far into that. I'm gonna hold off for a little bit and then keep keep gogarting.
Speaker 1: Now that is until you find a way to work gambling into your go karting, which is very.
Speaker 5: Exactly exactly m That's why I mean, people can start betting on the rides.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll try to you know, not do that.
Speaker 5: No, I won't do that. I won't put the idea in my too much.
Speaker 1: All right, Man, is there anything else gonna say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 5: No, just live life, enjoy it, Rose, don't be Dick's.
Speaker 1: Thanks, talk to you soon. Well. Can goes on the line making your phone calls every night. Beacon goes to I'm just teaching you Cloud in the movie line, He's not really