Speaker 1: You're listening to the Buck Sexton Show podcast, make sure you subscribe to the podcast on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Hey, everybody, welcome to the Buck Brief. On this episode, Jamie Franklin joins. She is the founder of Conservator. She is a conservative Generation Z commentator, right your gen Z, which is exciting. I'm an old millennial, so I feel like, you know, I used to be hip. But we're going to talk about the Kamala campaign here, And first off, I didn't know that you're going to explain this to me. Okay, you're coming from a young, young female conservative perspective, this call her Daddy interview that Kamala did. I don't really I had heard of this before this podcast. I've heard a couple of clips of it. What I was shocked by was how popular this apparently is. Like, tell me about this, because I feel like I had no idea. There are so many young women out there who want to hear the kind of stuff that this woman's talking about. So where did this call her Daddy phenomenon come from?
Speaker 1: I know it's it's honestly a little depressing. I think it's rated right now. The second most popular podcasts in America behind Joe Rogan. Joe Rogan, I feel like, is what a lot of guys listen to, which you know, talks. He brings on scientists, Amazon expert people who explore the Amazon and everything.
Speaker 2: I listened to that Amazon guy by the way, that was really interesting. I liked the bee lady too, who does all the bees like like this? You know, I don't know if you saw that one anyway, that's Rogan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he has some interesting guests on that I think bring a lot of interesting information. Call Her Daddy is very different. She started a few years ago. I've never listened really. I actually listened to the Kamala episode too for this podcast. I had to do it for everyone, but that was the only podcast I've ever listened to of hers. But it's huge if young women. I think it's a huge part of the cold sure that we're seeing today. And I think a lot of conservatives were really shocked after the overturning of Roe v.
Speaker 3: Wade how popular abortion is with women.
Speaker 1: And I definitely think her and other outlets are exactly the reason for that. It's, you know, just the epitome a fifth wave of feminism and just cultural decay and sexual promiscuity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the stuff that I was here in And again, I don't want to sound like, you know, I got a little touch of gray in the beard here. I don't want to sound like the old man who's like, what are the kids talking about these days? But the stuff, I mean, what she gets into on that podcast. I've seen some clips. It's like very graphic. I mean, it's about as graphic as words can be. And Kamala Harris wants to be president. She's sitting there, she does very few interviews. Why does she choose Call her Daddy as the podcast that she's going to sit down with among just a handful that she has done.
Speaker 1: I mean, they're definitely vying for the young woman vote. That's the base of the Democratic Party now it's all young women. I mean someone tweeted out that Trump went on Dave Ramsey last week to talk about the economy and Kamala went on Call Her Daddy to talk about abortion and all of those issues, and so definitely shows the contrast on you know.
Speaker 3: Where the base of the party and the issues are. I was in shock.
Speaker 1: I went on her Twitter they call her daddy Twitter and I typed in some key words when we were pulling up some graphics to put out on the Conservator, and I was actually in shock by some of the stuff I read on there. It's it's really depraved, Like it's very upsetting and depressing that this is what a lot of women, especially young women who are coming of age and might not know better, and this is what.
Speaker 3: They are consuming on a regular basis.
Speaker 1: And I think, you know, we need to have media outlets that attract more women and counteract these messages because it's I think really damaging to young women if they behave and if they follow the advice of Alex Cooper.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, you're you're a young conservative woman. You've got conservatur which you founded online, and so I know there are some places for women who have a young women who have a right of center opinion to go to. But it does feel like the ecosystem, especially for women aged sixteen to thirty, you know, or eighteen to thirty five, or however you want to slice the demographic, they're just there. It's dominated by these far left voices, like young women have been you know, men are going in the other direction. Young men are going in the other direction. Young men are becoming increasingly conservative, it feels like young women are becoming increasingly left wing. What's going on?
Speaker 3: I could not agree more.
Speaker 1: And I think a lot of conservative men, like yourself, you know, you're not going to go and pick up Vogue magazine right when you're at the airport like women do. So I don't feel a lot of you guys saw this coming. But that was really the reason why I started the Conservatoire back in twenty twenty, because I was just I always wanted to go into fashion actually, and I was interested being a journalist and I went to fashion school and all these things when I was also went to Berkeley, but I did both, and I was just like, I don't belong here, like there's no place for this. And when I was at Berkeley as well, I just couldn't believe, you know, I grew up going to Catholic school my entire life, and just going to cal Berkeley and seeing the culture there, especially with young women and kind of along the lines of what they talk about and call her daddy. I was shocked by it. But it's they've definitely captured the young woman vote. It's we need to dig ourselves out of this hole. I'm really happy with the way that the male vote is going, which which is why I think you see like Trump going on in Theobonne and stuff like that, and with the milk boys.
Speaker 3: But call her daddy.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't know the political calculus of how that's going to come out, because I think it'd be really off turning to a lot of especially male independence. And I think also in light of her Kane, Helene just looked very tone death and the fact that she doesn't even do any other interviews. And I listened to her interview and it was once again another word salad where I learned absolutely nothing about any of her policies.
Speaker 3: Or what she plans to do.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is the case that Kamala Harris does remind everybody why she doesn't do interviews when she does interviews. So we'll come back to that in one second. Jamie, our sponsor right now is mantis X, and mantis X makes an incredible tool. I'm a gun owner. I was just telling Jamie before her husband likes guns. I like guns. I had to tell my wife recently, Honey, I need a second gun safe. So I like guns maybe a little, you know, a little too much. I don't know. I like guns, but I can't always get out to the range. The range that I use here is about an hour away. So what do I do well? If I want to work on Really the most important part, especially with the basics as a beginner, most important part of accurate shooting is trigger pull. And if you want a tool where you can work on your trigger pull and your side alignment here at home, mantis x is absolutely for you. You'll be amazed at it how quickly you improve your shooting accuracy. It's just those small mechanics that make all the difference. You'll just enjoy yourself more at the range. You'll become a more proficient shooter. Go to mantisx dot com. That's m A and tisx dot com. Today. All right, Jamie kamala is were a few weeks away from the elections? Crazy right? I think three and change from the actual election day. And all of a sudden she does a flurry of media, She does all these interviews. What's up with that? I thought she was avoiding the press. Is it because she's losing? Do you think this was always part of their plan? What's the game here?
Speaker 1: Well, it's definitely interesting because they were hiding her for a very long time, So to me, that signals I think that there's some internal pulling showing that people are uncomfortable with her. I think Democrats had a really smart job by moving her in at the last minute, like what was it, two and a half months before this election, so we could purposely not learn more about her policies and honestly, her incompetency when it comes to interviewing and being able to explain anything. I kind of I agree a lot with Trump. I don't think she's an incredibly smart person, and I think she can't think on her feet. I think she was performed actually better than I thought she in the debate, because she is she memorizes the lines and can get them out. But when it's off the cuff, she's obviously not doing well. But it kind of feels like a hail Mary here. So I think we should feel happy that they're feeling like they have to go here.
Speaker 2: Did you hear in the sixty minutes interview, there's there's a clip where she says, I have the quote because I really want to have this is the word for word quote. Okay, Well, the question is something about n Yahoo, right, like, basically, do you stand with n Yahoo? Here's what she says, Well, Bill, the work that we have done has resulted in a number of movements in that region by Israel that were very much prompted by or a result of many things, including our advocacy for what needs to happen in the region. That is a way of saying, we did some things that made some stuff happened to some things that were also things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's I think she's also in the Democratic Party is in a really tough place right now, honestly because their base is just anti Trump. So they kind of have like some of these never Trump Republicans that are kind of probably a little bit more conservative on a lot of policies, especially with the economy and on some social issues. And then they have palaes signed flag wheeling, blue haired. They the pronoun people also in their party, so anytime they speak, they're going to cause divisions within their party. So I do think in a way, like once again, I do think it's also she can't explain a lot of these policies herself because she doesn't do the background and prep needed for it. But I also think she's scared about like alienating people in their base because it's a very fractured party when you actually get down to the issues.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think that you see that also with the Israeli Palestinian issue, right, that's and which comes up in the context of net Yahoo. She's out there trying to tell everybody that we stand with Israel, but she doesn't stand with net Yahoo and she's not sure about the Israeli military response to October seventh than you and I are sitting here talking on the anniversary of October seventh. I don't think she can have it both ways with this. I think Democrats are caught a little bit here with the both sides ism of well, I stand with Hamas, but I also stand with Israel. You can't. You can't actually do.
Speaker 1: That, I agree, And I've I've heard that her polling with Arab Americans in Michigan is really bad because of that as well. And so I think there it's you know, it's hard for us to believe that people wouldn't stand with Israel because we're our party is so pro Israel, and you know, just like honoring those lives that were lost and the hostage is still in there because of the Biden administrations and competence and so. I but I think she's in a tough place because I do think probably it breaks down maybe if I had to guest like seventy thirty within her party and so, and that's a big issue for the people who are pro Palestine.
Speaker 3: A lot of them may.
Speaker 1: Hold out votes for her because they feel so passionately about that.
Speaker 2: We'll come back into the campus protests. Have you seen, by the way, I have friends in New York City sending me video from today of some of these protests that are happening out on the streets in solidarity with Palestine and Hamas, or the Palestinians rather in Hamas. So we'll get into it. We'll get into this kind of madness on campus in just a second. Tunnel the Tower is our sponsor here. Jerry Pagett enlisted in the US Navy and deployed multiple times to a rock in Afghanistan. He's one of the heroes remembered by the Tunnel the Towers Foundation, and for good reason. While on patrol in Afghanistan, Jerry was injured by an improvised explosive device. He suffered injuries to his spinal cord and brain. Now, nothing can reverse the damage done to Jerry's body, but through the tunnel of the Towers Foundation, we can honor heroes like Jerry in gratitude for their tremendous sacrifice. Thanks to friends like you, Jerry and his family moved into a new smart home at the Foundations let Us Do Good Village in Florida, where he can live independently thanks to especially adaptive technologies. Nothing can repay the price of freedom, but your donation now can change the lives of those who selflessly sacrifice for our communities and our country. Donate eleven dollar was a month the tunnel the Towers at T two T dot org. That's t the number two T dot org. Uh. You know I graduated twenty years ago. You graduated with like five years ago or something, right, so you have more of a three years ago to how far or okay, all right, I was, I was like right in this in the zone four years ago. So you were on campus recently, you know, it's like, honestly, like I there there were a lot of uh, you know, there's a lot of pro Palestine sentiment and stuff. I went to Amherst. A lot of that there twenty years ago, a long time ago. You were like, you know, riding chariots to our classes and everything. But were you surprised by the crazy stuff going on after October seventh on campus or are you like, no, that's just how it is. Do you know what I'm saying? Like, what was this just the the breakthrough of the reality that there's this pro terrorist, anti semitism lunacy across elite schools. By the way, I mean you went to Berkeley.
Speaker 1: I was not shocked at all going to Berkeley. I it wasn't as big actually when I was at cal So. I was at col between twenty sixteen to twenty twenty. So the big issue when I was there was remember the fake, whipped up story about the border camps and everything. They were saying that we were putting concentration camps on the border because of Trump's policies down there, which was actually Obama implemented that and Trump overturned it. But anyway, so I was in too shocked because I did see a little bit of that when I was at Cow. But I will say when I was at Berkeley, I don't think you know, there is segments of the pro Palestine faction that are extremely pro Palestine, but there are also a lot of especially the American students, it's more this anti Western culture and for them, Israel and America both represent Western culture, colonialism and everything, so it more has to do with that. So I was in no way shocked. I was disgusted still, but like I said, I was at cal all those years, and I think people are just they'll go along with every movement in order to get out there with their signs and feel like they're doing something.
Speaker 3: It's it's their religion. On the left, and.
Speaker 2: You know when you see the the kinds of slogans and everything that came out after the October seventh attack, I mean, you know they were projecting. I think it was a GW from the river to the sea on a building at GW, which is which is a a a rallying cry of Hamas and other terrorist groups in the region to eliminate the entirety of the Jewish state. Harvard, which I know is supposed to be so fancy, right, Harvard had thirty student groups a year ago, almost of the day, because I think they came out within a couple of days of the attack. Thirty different student groups came out and said that it was Israel's fault what happened on October seventh. I mean even for me, you know, I started and I worked for US Ambassador Dennis Ross, who was Clinton's negotiator for the Camp David Accords. I worked the Washington Stuphreneur's policy I was on the CICIA CTC desk some of that stuff. When they came out and I saw that at Harvard, I was like, this is insane, Like these people they're blaming Israel for an attack that just happened.
Speaker 1: I remember I commented and posted Bears for Palestine, which is Cal's Palestine group, and they were celebrating the people who went in and put babies in ovens and slaughtered families. To the point when I was like seeing these images on Twitter, I actually brought tears to my like I couldn't even like it just was so horrific, Like I thought nine to eleven was the most horrific thing that could ever happen, and I do think this in some way was like more barbaric and like the way that this attack was done, and so it just I when I read that that they were celebrating these people as martyrs. It was just it's almost you have to almost think, is this ignorance, like they don't understand what they're supporting, And just the anti Americanism throughout all of these college through all of our colleges and through our education system has just brainwashed people or these people truly like supporting evil. And I think that there's a lot of divisions in this country, with especially young people, where people have a lot of malice for one another.
Speaker 2: This week is the one year anniversary of the worst massacre of the Jewish people since the Holocaust. One year ago this week, Hamas terrorist killed twelve hundred Israelis and took more than two hundred and fifty hostages. A year later, you and I are both witnessing Israel in conflict with Hamas in an attempt to free the remaining hostages, as well as fighting back against Heslo's near constant missile barrages and Iran's own massive barrage and nearly two hundred ballistic missiles a week ago. Israel and her people are facing attacks from enemies on all sides. The International Fellowship of Christians and Jews is on the ground providing food, shelter, and safety to those in need during this crisis. Since the war started, thousands of reservists have left their families to serve their country. Soldiers have been injured, and their families need your support. Your gift of one hundred and fifty dollars helps the Fellowship provide food and other necessities to these families to help them survive. Thanks to a generous Fellowship supporter, your gift will be matched, doubling an impact. Can you call today to make your one hundred and fifty dollars gift right now eight at eight four eight eight IFCJ. That's eight at eight four eight eight I f CJ. Or on the go online to support IFCJ dot org. That's SUPPORTIFCJ dot org. All right, thanks for being here on the buck brief, Jamie, appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for having me on back. Have a great day.