Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio, man cave.
Speaker 2: You know what, you know what just dawned on me when I heard the masterful production they're saying, filling in. We're like filling frank right, We're like the understudy that we just talked about. You know how many people tuned in to here Dan Patrick and are like these guys.
Speaker 3: I hope you like us a little bit. Day I hope you like us. Guys like these guys. Yeah, Well it's a pleasure. And this is day three of the Dan Patrick Patrick Well, you know what, shout out to nice people like bo Nos had us up and said, these days are going by quick love hearing you guys in for DP, but excited to have you back in the afternoon.
Speaker 2: Keep banging that pavement, keep going after it, all right, Always a pleasure again. This hour brought to you by tire rack dot Com, the official tire expert and retailer of the Dan Patrick Show. So go to tirack dot com slash Dan and try the tire Decision Guy see the full line of Goodyear Tires special offers. He wrote has a protection in mobile tire installation. Tire rack dot Com the way tire buying should be. Now Rich to wrap up our previous discussion, richest theory goes like this, Hot women, even relatively hot women, should not be allowed to have hall passes, especially like oddly specific.
Speaker 3: Random athletes. Do you say athletes with three syllables? That's how I say it.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: Anyway, if a woman is attractive, and this is not sexist. In fact, this is a compliment to women by me saying you get what you want. If a guy's like my whole posts, like I said, you know, Jennifer Aniston, guess what You're never meeting Jennifer Aniston certainly, Sweeney, Nope, you're never going to go there. But a good looking girl could get a celebrity dude. You never, You're very rarely going to see some normal dude with some famous woman, But you'll see a guy with a normal woman. You could shoot your shot. You definitely could shoot your shot if you want.
Speaker 2: But now that he's not gonna respond because there's so many thirsty dudes in her dms. Now, if a girl of you and your wife or girlfriend have the dumb hall past conversation.
Speaker 3: Like hey, if you could, could you could cheat with blank? If your wife says something like, I don't know, Jason Momoa, could you say, like, yeah, Jessica from work, like someone actually attatable?
Speaker 2: Is that a little suspicion again, that would that would raise a flag of sorts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 2: But you were talking about how a woman would have to dive into the DMS, slide right into these athletes. And I'm here to tell you though, I'm here to tell you that my girlfriend gets hit up all the time by professional athletes, and maybe that's a sentiment to me having good taste.
Speaker 3: Maybe that just means I pick him good.
Speaker 2: But she had as other girlfriends that are influencers with like a few million followers. And I know you guys hate that word, so do why but you know these hot girls you see on social media with a few million followers, Well, I get the inside scoop all the time. And you would be amazed by how many professional athletes are just always on the prow but household name professional athletes who were in quote unquote committed relationships, or maybe these relationships are just understandings and they're just getting hit up constantly. So I'll be out of dinner right just to make it very clear. My girlfriend and her friends and her friends will be like guests to hit me up and they'll show me and I'm like, whoa, I think that guy's married.
Speaker 3: And it happens. Listen all the time we worked with all the time. When we worked at ESPN, there was a girl that was a regular co host with Covino and I yeah. Her name was and still his Janelle, Janelle Marie Rodriguez. She lives in South Beach. Now she's a broadcaster. Yeah, she's the best, hot, late twenties. Think she may have just turned thirty. She's quite defiant. Let me just say this. We're good friends with her. We'd go out for coffee before our show every day and she'd be like, oh my god, and I'm like what And she'd show me UFC fighters, NBA players, football players with a day would have passed without one of them sliding into her DMS being like, yo, what's your story?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: And she wasn't famous or anything like that. She is hot and she was on ESPN and dude, let's say, we welcome the guest to our show on ESPN. It was called Now We're Never Way back on a Wednesday. We were on every night every weeknight, and she was our co host. Let's say we welcome the guest anybody.
Speaker 3: Later that night.
Speaker 2: That dude slide He didn't thank us for being on the show, but he'd be sliding right into her dms every night.
Speaker 3: So that proves your thought.
Speaker 2: For a woman to have an oddly specific hall past name like Lindy Waters the third on OKC, it's completely unacceptable and unfair because it's completely attained. It's a lopsided thing in a relationship, the end, the end. And by the way, you going for we're doing the Dan Patrick hatrick three shows in a row.
Speaker 3: Are you going for the hat trick of your own? What is that you said? Athletes are diving into your girls dms? Are you gonna get left for a third time for an athlete?
Speaker 2: Completely possible because they're constantly on the prow. So that's again why a woman shouldn't be able to even talk about hall passes like get out of here, because you know that's a possibility if they're relatively good looking.
Speaker 3: Trying to think of who she's gonna leave you for.
Speaker 2: You could be a relatively successful, good looking man.
Speaker 3: Do you hear no? Shot? Did you hear no? Shot with a girl on Love is Blind. Cavino got left. Yeah, his girlfriend moved out Austin Reeves. Yeah, it's gonna happen, all right, Well, well he doesn't. He laughs it off, He laughs it off. Yeah, well listen what we're gonna move on. But you'll never see him. I mean you might now she'll never see him. Hey, that's right, you're right, you're right, my bad, Joe. Right, with social media, anything's possible, Joe. If you're an NBA player and there's a viral clip about some girl saying that you're her.
Speaker 2: Crust when he's in town, he makes mental note of that. He screenshots that.
Speaker 3: To remember, Lindy Waters average is seven minutes a game, so he's got a lot of time for these things too. You know what I was gonna say. He and he's also not a front end guy that's getting a ton of love. So the fact that she pointed him out means, like, I'm I may have happened.
Speaker 6: Already, Coveno, Maybe you need to add your picture to your girl's profile.
Speaker 3: No, no, Covino's not exact. Girls don't add their boyfriends to the prop.
Speaker 2: No, that's her holding could be at that's how women hold out for a ring.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, Like, I'm not adding you until you propose. That's just how it is now it is. Jeez, I would imagine, well the next guy can snatch. We're gonna, uh, We're gonna get to a lot today. I'm excited to fill in for Dan Patrick. Always a fun time. Now Antonio Pierce, we're going to get to him a little bit. He said something that summer saying is uh a little too old school, maybe controversial. So Antonio Pierce, we're going to talk about uh oh, J Simpson and Midweek Major. If you listen to our show at our normal time every Wednesday, we go over the biggest headlines in the world of sports and pop culture.
Speaker 2: Are they mid Week or Major? We get to that later. And I want to tell JJ Reddick relax a little bit. So okay, getting all fired up about Doc Rivers Before I get to this thought on Mahomes, just take the temperature of the room. What coach had a what uh let me rephrase, what legitimate high expectation coach had a rougher start Sean Payton with the Broncos or Doc Rivers with the Bucks.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say Doc three and seven in the first ten. But then again, Sean Payton. For a minute though, you thought Sean Payton, you were like, wait a minute, is this grand opening, grand closing in Denver? Already he righted the ship enough where we're moving forward. But remember for a minute you thought, is Sean Payton not gonna last a year in Denver? Yeah? I mean it's tough to jump in there like it is and Doc Rivers to defend Doc Rivers because everyone else is talking about it. So I'll leave it to them. I don't need to be We don't need to be another show talking about Doc Rivers today. But he did say one thing that stuck out to me over the last couple of days or so, Man, Doc Rivers. When Doc Rivers takes over, this is not the offseason. You don't have time to sort of put your touch on something when you're in the middle of the season playing every day. So I think the stat was they hadn't really even practiced more than once with him, because when you're in the middle of the season, you're just thrown in like righten, you're the coach, it's game time. And during the regular season, they don't have the practice schedule for him to really make his impact right away.
Speaker 6: Haven't had a chance to make my impact. Here's Doc Rivers. I need a cough drop.
Speaker 3: Always needs a cough Doc Rivers always needs a cough drop. I'm trying. I'm working on it all right. Well, I wanted to play something that also I saw floating around social media, because again, it's this dead time of the year in sports. Football is behind us. Basketball is on a little All Star break right now. Baseball we're waiting pitchers and catchers and their thing. Guys are reporting, guys are taking infield. I'm sure everyone's watching clips from their own teams spring training. There's a clip floating around and it's all these people that were, just as Fonsie said back in the day on a way back Wednesday, wrong. There are all these people that were wrong about I don't know, arguably the best player in the NFL right now and maybe when all said and done, could end up being the greatest quarterback to ever play. And that, my friends, is Patrick Mahomes. Take a listen to all these legit broadcasters talking about Patrick draft time.
Speaker 1: I don't like it.
Speaker 3: I do not like this pick. Is Patrick, Just like I said, to you, Trubisky doesn't have the resume that tells me that he's better than Deshan Watson. Our damn trankles say Patrick Mahomes does.
Speaker 4: This is a really good football player, and I think these types of guys don't come around that offen Like, if.
Speaker 2: He's that good, you went over to Shaun Watson, you and you trade it up.
Speaker 3: But I still got the weight on the cookies. The cookies ain't ready yet.
Speaker 4: I'm willing to invest in that type of player because I believe in his skill set and what he is going to develop into it.
Speaker 7: When I hear words about Pat Mahomes, these are the words I hear undisciplined, lacking fundamentals, immature.
Speaker 4: I disagree with you. I don't believe it's a reach. I believe this guy's a very talented player in the future.
Speaker 1: Why are you drafting a quarterback.
Speaker 2: Why are you trading up to draft the quarterback that doesn't just have bad footwork, has no footwork.
Speaker 4: I can see this guy developing into a really good football player.
Speaker 6: The only one out of them going to win the championship, if there is one, is DeShawn Watson.
Speaker 4: At the end of the day, we had Mahomes rated above Watson. That's how we saw it.
Speaker 3: Mahomes wing hark shot.
Speaker 7: Patrick Mahomes here, Hey, Fox Sports Radio Nation. I just want to say I really enjoyed the Camino on Rich show. Oh thanks Patrick Mahomes you know, super Bowl champion MVP.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 7: That's sort of what I dislike about sports talk radio, the lack of accountability.
Speaker 3: Kind of like Doc Rivers a little bit. Uh.
Speaker 7: People need to take accountability. Thank you, Bye, Patrick, I'm here.
Speaker 3: I'm here. By the way, the only person interjecting in that clip with positivity is Kansas City Chiefs GM Brett Veach, who has always felt like Mahomes was the guy. And it just shows you that we have a lot of fun here every day on Fox Sports Radio, but so much of sports talk radio and TV. It's just fun, a lot of hot air, a lot of just apiens, but lack of accountability.
Speaker 2: If you want to get on Doc Rivers and his lack of accountability, how about everybody's lack of accountability when they say things like that and they're wrong. I think you need to be accountable for things like that. You rarely hear Likeay, remember when I said that it would just make it feel more honest, to be honest. So we ask you Fox Sports Radio Nation. Based on that, all these people who were so wrong about the best player in the NFL.
Speaker 3: I'm just curious, was any of it right though?
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean, it does appear he has awkward footwork, yes, but he's sneaky fast, is he not?
Speaker 3: He makes it work. I don't think anyone. I don't think. I don't think anyone would describe Patrick Mahomes now with like man, that guy's got bad footwork, can.
Speaker 2: See find his way around the pocket. He's unconventionally yes, that's what makes him great. Right, But they but they were wrong, And the proof is in the Super Bowls, the winning. The proof is in the Super Bowl pudding exactly. So we ask you everybody here, everybody listening, everybody in their car, all the affiliates, everyone listening on iHeart the radio, app the times you were so wrong, it's your chance to take accountability.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do it take accountability? When were you so wrong about an athlete, a team, anything, a coach.
Speaker 2: I got one right, just to start off. It's not even sports, really, and I have sports examples, but I'll give.
Speaker 3: You one where I was so wrong.
Speaker 2: It's the first one that came to mind for me. Again, I'm Cavino, that is rich the numbers eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox bushes on standby, waving just to say hi. I remember when my ex in a previous left time came up to me and said, I'm setting up my Twitter account and I was like, what's that. You just you just tweet out your thoughts.
Speaker 3: She's from England, by the way.
Speaker 2: Just if you're not piecing it together, I'm like, well, great impression.
Speaker 3: That's dumb. I'm like, what do you mean, Like whatever you're thinking, whatever's going on. It's like you get news and people's thoughts and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, so you get to type whatever. Yeah, but it has to be within like one hundred and forty characters. I'm like, that's the stupidest thing I ever heard. And I walked away and look at it now, especially in a world of sports, no one's gonna use no, honestly, dude. The thought of this at the time was so dumb to me. And again I was very open minded to these things. Right, we all had our smartphones whatever. But when this first came out, this is early two thousands, I was like, that's so dumb, it's never gonna work.
Speaker 3: Well, if you want to stick to social media, I have some sports examples. I mean I got this. By the way, the phones are hot.
Speaker 2: I'm leaving it for the Fox Sports Radio Nation. Phones are hot, so let's get to it. But but I was so wrong. You don't gonna run before I forget some And I'm admitting that because I don't want jj Reddick to start yelling at me for not taking accountability.
Speaker 3: Take accountability. When were you.
Speaker 1: Wrong?
Speaker 3: When were you so wrong about something? As where as social media goes, I've always tried to keep an open mind, like oh MySpace, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, like I've always sort of kept an open mind to maybe where maybe this is where things are going. But there was one social media that I remember not putting my foot down but saying like, all right, enough is enough TikTok, which was musically. I remember thinking, well, this is the one social media that's for kids, yeah, you know, and I sort of pushed Twitter. I'm sorry I pushed TikTok aside, like this is not that we have enough social media. This will not catch on. And I tell you TikTok's like the one that we all look at the most right addicted.
Speaker 2: You know, there's studies that say, let's say you want to see a highlight of the game last night, Oh you missed it. You want to watch something that you missed, You're more likely now to search it on TikTok than Google. That's how wow, I didn't know that impactful. Absolutely think about it. If you want to watch anything and you heard your buddy, Hey did you see jj Reddick going off on doc Riverscale is a big popular clip. You think I'm gonna google there or I'm just gonna type it in on TikTok or Twitter? Actually, I mean if you told me, y'all, dude, Mac McClung.
Speaker 3: One another. He won another slam dunk contest. I'll give you a great example. We had company over and I missed part of the slam dunk. That's a great example. I wasn't googling, and I said, oh what I am? As I just went to x Twitter and I searched slam dunk contest. It was trending, and what do you know, you just the first few videos that come up they have it.
Speaker 2: Googling is almost as old as asking Jeeves. Nowadays it's like, oh, you googled, why.
Speaker 3: Don't you ask Jeeves? I got one, And I wonder if Nick Cope fell for this one too, because Nick Cope and I are both forty nine Ers fans. Nick, I remember thinking that Chip Kelly would work out in San Francisco when the forty nine ers got chip Kelly one year and they were two and fourteen. But I remember thinking, oh, Chip Kelly is such an exciting college coach. This is going to turn it around for the Niners. That was the worst experiment ever, Nick, you got Nick, Mike Joel, thank you, of course, But I remember that was after Jim Tom Sula, and I was like, okay, get worse. Tom still chip Kelly. And you know, as of recently, as of last year, I'm a big New York Mets fan. I remember telling my friends because I'm on a Mets chat. You know, they think I'm too positive, but I remember saying, listen, worst case scenario, they got Ureser, they got Verlander. You know, look at the lineup, Lindor, Peter, Bonzo, Buck Showalder, Star Starling Marte. Like you know, Nimmo, I remember saying, like, I mean, minimum minimum they win ninety something games and make a playoff run. I couldn't have been more sure about a team. I'm like the payroll, Steve Cohen's got this team. They're a lock for the playoffs for the next decade. And you team fell apart. Might be the biggest disappointing team of all time. And anything about the payroll, what they put into it.
Speaker 2: And by the way, to put it back to broadcasters not taking accountability.
Speaker 3: Everybody who was so wrong on Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 2: Rich was here on Fox Sports Radio before we got our own full time show. Here we were on every Sunday night. I remember Rich talking about how great the Mets are gonna be. You know what a mistake it was for de gram to leave this team. And that's another one.
Speaker 3: I was so wrong. Jacob deGrom talked about leaving the Mets and going to the Rangers because they had a winning culture. You laughed about it, laugh I think I was playing laughing sound effects like the Rangers winning culture. They go on to win the World Series. I was wrong, I know.
Speaker 2: And by the way, just look at the TV in front of you. They're speculating right now. Where is Russell Wilson gonna end up. Some people are saying the Steelers, the Raiders, Right, where's it gonna end up? How many people were so pumped thinking that he would be impactful and make a real significant thing.
Speaker 3: Was the narrative. The narrative was, well, the Broncos just need a quarterback. They got Russell Wilson, super Bowl contender.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 3: Not to quote him, but I'm pretty sure Colin Cowherd said that we all make our mistakes.
Speaker 2: I think he said stars, stars attract star attract other stars.
Speaker 3: Well, you were so wrong.
Speaker 2: Let's do what other broadcasters failed to do sometimes with a lot of people with Fonsie, Yeah, never wanted to do. And I was admit you were, Admit you were wrong. And in life, for especially the world sports, We're goeta. The phones are all lit.
Speaker 3: We're gonna take your feedback next keep him coming at eight, seven, seven, nine nine on Fox Cavino Rich and for Dan Patrick, I'll give you one more as a cliffhanger before we take all the rest. I'm a good movie cliffhanger, absolutely always liked the guy, has always been kind to us. But I mean, how many times did Max Kellerman double down on Tom Brady's done. Oh yeah, like he said tom Brady was done, and plus years before like tom Brady still want I think three super bowls after Max Kellerman. On a daily basis, we'd talk about how tom Brady's done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I love Max Kellerman too, but at some point and they said he's done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then it's like you're done. Eight. Uh, Scott Salmo, Everyone on the phone. We'll get to your feedback next. Cavino and rich In for the Great Dan Patrick, and we got more next here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Hey, we're Cavino and rich Fox Sports Radio every day five to seven pm Eastern. But here's the thing, we never have enough time to get to everything we want to get to.
Speaker 2: And that's why we have a brand new podcast called over Promised. You see, we're having so much fun in our two hour show. We never get to everything, honestly, because this guy is over promising things we never have time for. Yeah, you blubber and me, Well, you know what it's called over promise.
Speaker 3: You should be good at it. Because you've been over promising women for years.
Speaker 2: Well, it's a Covino and Rich after show, and we want you to be a part of it. We're gonna be talking sports, of course, but we're also gonna talk life and relationships. And if Rich and I are arguing about something or we didn't have enough time, it will continue on our after show called over Promised.
Speaker 3: Well, if you don't get enough Covino and Rich, make sure you check out over Promised and also uncensored, by the way, so maybe we'll go at it even a little harder. It's gonna be the best after show podcast of all time.
Speaker 2: There you go, over Promising, and remember you could see it on YouTube, but definitely join us. Listen Over Promised with Covino and Rich on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 3: Yo CNR on FSR. A lot of people don't know. Covino request this song be played when he enters the building.
Speaker 2: One of my favorite songs, Return of the Mac and I to think of us as the Mac and Cheese of Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 3: I'm the cheese. I'm guessing Rich.
Speaker 2: Ward be the cheese wiener of the show. It's the Mac, Steve Covino, Return of the Mac Cavino and Rich always a pleasure filling in for Dan Patrick. Day three of the Dan Patrick Patrick Chols on the Ones and Twos, Bershey Bursch, Nick Cope Spot. Getting ready for Midweek Major Next Hour, the biggest stories in world of sports and pop culture. We do it midweek every Wednesday. Are the stories mid Week or Major? But we're live from the Mercedes Benz Studios. The utterly inspired all electric EQI sedan from Mercedes Bends with hundreds of customizable comfort settings inside the cabin.
Speaker 3: It's the EV that recharges you.
Speaker 2: The vehicles all electric, the feelings all Mercedes, Earn more nbusa dot com slash e q E Now Rich. We're sort of combining two things right now because well there's this viral montage of all these broadcasters and talking heads talking about how Patrick mahomesna, it's not gonna work out for him in the NFL, right and we saw no real accountability there. But Patrick Mahomes proved everybody wrong. You know, revenge is the best success. He just did his thing and he's the man. So many people were wrong about it, But then again, his unconventional style probably.
Speaker 3: Made it difficult to really predict that right.
Speaker 2: And then there's the viral story today of JJ Reddick sort of going wild on Doc Rivers, not taking accountability on jumping in and.
Speaker 3: Not being able to do what he promised here. Actually, take a listen.
Speaker 1: I've seen the trend for years.
Speaker 3: What's the trend.
Speaker 9: The trend is always making excuses getting duck.
Speaker 1: We get it.
Speaker 9: Taking over a team in the middle of the season is hard.
Speaker 3: It's hard.
Speaker 9: We get it, just like getting traded in the middle season is hard for a player.
Speaker 1: We get it.
Speaker 9: But it's always an excuse. It's always throwing your team under the bus. They lose to Memphis, all it's his players. Fuck Memphis was playing G League guys in two way guys. And you look at his quotes over the weekend. Now he wants to take credit for the James Harden trade to the Clippers working out.
Speaker 1: He wants credit for that.
Speaker 9: There's just no there's never accountability with that guy.
Speaker 3: Well, there's never accountability. WHOA.
Speaker 2: So this is your chance, FO Sports Radio Nation and ours take accountability on the times you were.
Speaker 3: The times you were wrong. You need to take JJ Reddick to Disneyland with you. I need to cheer up. Maybe able to take.
Speaker 6: Doc rivers too. Hey, I love to go to Disneyland. Hey, by the way, doc rivers here. Anybody have any chloriseptic or sucrets or anything?
Speaker 3: Got a throat?
Speaker 2: But I take full accountability, full accountability. So now's your chance to admit you were wrong. I already said I was wrong about Twitter. I was wrong about a lot of things. It's not always when it's not always when someone proved you wrong. You thought they were gonna think and they were awesome. It could be you thought they were gonna be awesome and then they stunk it up. Yeah, I mean being so excited when the Yankees got to roll this Chapman. I'm like, oh, Man, Flamethrower, It's gonna be like having Marianna Rivera again. Nope, Nope, I'm like, you know, this guy suck. Yeah, you know, sometimes you're just wrong. On that a chance to admit you were wrong. We don't want to give away all the good answers. We leave some for you.
Speaker 3: Let's get involved. I mean talk about you were wrong and it worked out somehow, some way. Accountability. Look at the forty nine ers whole quarterback situation. You banked on Jimmy g it wasn't the guy. You got Trey Lance. And then at mister irrelevant, you're yea yeah, pick up Purty too. Now, hindsight, you hear people within the forty nine ers organization saying, oh, we knew, yeah, but you gave up a lot for Trey Lance. And you escaped embarrassment because Brock Party worked out, Because Brock Purty worked out. No one talks about the swing and miss on Trey Lance.
Speaker 2: Well, the phone calls are coming in at a seven, seven ninety nine one Fox. We're gonna get to all of them. But I can't let you off the hook because this is a funny one that no one's gonna say. I remember in the early two thousands when Rich was up to really terrible things.
Speaker 3: He was no good.
Speaker 2: He was things that I was doing. I can't even tell you about stuff. I remember him coming in. This is a studio. You know what I'm gonna say. I know what you're gonna say, yo, And he was wearing a brand name called rule Are, but.
Speaker 3: It was spelled it was you h. It was spelled like I sort of like the coach Matt Rule. There was a there was a random h in there, and then you know, I noticed that. I'm like I was.
Speaker 2: But then the next day he was wearing another shirt that said Rule.
Speaker 3: Ye like the next So I'm like, bro, what's what the Rule?
Speaker 2: He's like, I gotta tell you, I got from good source that this is the next big thing. Listen and I'll tell you what you Rule, dude. And you know what, I never heard of that brand ever. Again said Rule, like the air conditioning company.
Speaker 3: No, it was a it was a well, Dan, tell what it was was you remember back of the day when the hot stuff for people on the in the late nineties two thousand's, Abercrombie and Hollister were a big thing for like younger kids, right. Rule was Abercrombie's brand that was supposed to be for like the more mature guy like if you rocked, if you rocked Abercrombie. Rule was supposed to be like if you're like twenty eight to thirty, like, it's our It's not Abercrombie, it's Rules, it's the sophisticated.
Speaker 2: I remember being like, yo, this is the next big thing. And dude, he had a full on wardrobe of Rulety. If you look back to our pictures, every picture we have Rich is wearing a Rule shirt.
Speaker 3: We dn't to tell you he was way wrong. I did not rule Scott in Cincinnati. What were you so wrong about? It could be the sports World, TV entertainment you named Dock, It could be anything. Yeah, what's up, Scott?
Speaker 10: It was?
Speaker 5: It was the sports world, guys. And I'm a big Cincinnati Bengals fan. And a few years ago we had the number one overall pick. Obviously, we ended up with Joe Burrow, and he's changed the entire culture of the Cincinnati Bengals franchise, you know, hopefully forever and uh yeah, hopefully we'll be the only ones that are able to hang with Mahomes coming into next year at Burrow's healthy. But at the time, because of the experience we had had with David Klingler and Kiely Smith drafted number one overall years before that, I had kind of been stung with the number one overall quarterback thing. And my idea, and I was screaming to anybody who would listen, was to trade that pick instead of taking Burrow. There was a like a two in a nine being offered by some franchise who wanted to come up to get Burrow. I think it might have even been the Dolphins. My idea was make that trade at the two, take Chase Young, who's going to be the most dominant new player to come out of the draft in decades, and then get Justin Herbert at the nine, which wouldn't have been awful. I think Justin still he does with hardball, but Chase really hasn't developed the way we thought he was going to, and Burrow is the savior.
Speaker 3: Scott. I'll tell you this. So many times you see fun videos, and that's the we always talk about how social media is equal parts sucking awesome. I love when old videos emerge of fans that are mad about someone that ended up being awesome and then yeah, but those are the times you don't mind being wrong, right and it's like, man, they proved me wrong. That's awesome. I mean, wasn't when the Niners had Kaepernick? Was it Trent Dilford? There was a broadcaster that said future Hall of Famer lock Super Bowls? I remember someone was it Dilferd? I think it was Trent Dilford that went on the limb. Anyway, let's go to Mitch in Jersey, what's up?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 3: Conven and Rich.
Speaker 5: They were cool, no problem.
Speaker 11: I got true Ricky Fellow, it really was his fourth you know, he died young, and I just said, I think he would have been a great part of that costumesy, but the main guy, I think you could say Jamalcus Russell. He shit the raided down.
Speaker 3: Man, JaMarcus Russell. JaMarcus Russell. The story that will always stick with everyone, you know how you know certain things define a player. The whole story about how he didn't watch any tape and they gave him like a bud, they gave him blank footage and he's like, oh, I watched it that that forever, like a guy with all the talent in the world just didn't want to put the work in.
Speaker 2: We're gonna look back, and I remember we were on ESPN at the time. Rich, do you think we're gonna look back and say Zion like everybody was just so wrong about this guy.
Speaker 3: Does he still have a lot of time time everybody? He's still so so young.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but remember dude, you remember like how we spoke of him busting through his sneakers, Like, dude, he's the next coming he's the next little bra. I think that might be overstated. I mean he's a he's a great player when healthy, but I mean not rooting against him. Let's not want him to prove everybody. Let's not forget or right, you should say prisoner of the moment. But back then, Zion was talked about like Lebron and Michael Jordan, like this is a next guy.
Speaker 3: You can't lose this guy. If you get him, he will do for you what Lebron or Michael Jordan or Kobe would do for an organization. It just does not worked out. MO. You're on in Arizona, Cavino on retch. It's up, MO, Come on, guys, what's up? Man? What were you so wrong about?
Speaker 8: Okay, that's the thing for him, one thing I was wrong about. I'm a lifelong Lakers fan. So pretty much anybody in the first round that the Lakers were picked, besides Kobe's either been a bust or they by the time they start getting good, they trade them off to another team and you watch them flourish for someone else. It's like so disappointing. I just wanted to get off I wasn't get off my back yesterday. I didn't get a chance to get in Michael Jordan's nice shoes. But Michael Jackson made pennyloafers famous.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's a good point, that's true. Referencing yesterday's Michael conversation.
Speaker 2: Yesterday we talked about the most impactful Michael of our generation? Was it Mike Tyson, Michael Jordan or Michael Jackson. Got a lot of feedback on that. I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: At Covino and Rich sal wrap this up in Illinois, what's up.
Speaker 11: Buddy, Thank good morning boys.
Speaker 10: I'll be real quick. First thing, I was a Canopy club in Champagne, Illinois, and I told Jared Leto after the stands play that he sucked his panic room and he was a terrible actor. And thenach I was leaving a Puria I live in Pui, Illinois. We were leaving a pure rivermen hockey game. And I'll never forget there was four of us walking There's blue and white time that said elect Barack Obama for Senator, and I remember laughing they said Eric Obama eleven. I said, who was gonna vote for this clown? Obama and rhymes with Osama. I'm like, oh, we could have vote for this guy. Eight years later, the guys are president.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll be honest, that's true. When you probably be in the two thousands, anyone with an ethnic name, there was a lot of people out there that were closed minds, and you probably felt like this guy, he's not even gonna win local, you know, And it took you a second to say the name right or remember the name? Ye what without a doubt? No way. So again I was wrong. I was wrong that it was wrong. You know what Larry David was wrong about. Remember last season of Curb Girl Maria Sophia that he had to have on his show, You caught You're not caught up? Caught up? No, there's a twist. So let's just he was wrong about Okay, all right, cool, all right, Well, hey Covino and rich In for Dan Patrick. We are going to get to Antonio. Pierce said something about Mahomes and it sort of ties into Michael Jordan speaking to Jordan, and some people are saying, yeah, I get it. Other people are saying, oh, is that a little inappropriate to say? So we'll get to Antonio Pierce and uh oh, g Simpson, you have a theory about him and of course, Spot's got midweek major all your headlines in the world of sports and entertainment, all coming up next right here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: It takes two Covino and Rich. Yep, Covino and Rich. But then again, what a crew Bersie Burst, Joel Spot, Nick Cope and everybody rocking out with us right now. We appreciate it again live from Mercedes Benz Studios, the superbly versatile all Electric EQB from Mercedes Bands. It's impressively techie like you're rich. Oh, surprisingly roomy like your head with available seating up to seven. The vehicle's all electric, the feelings all Mercedes. Learn more at nbusa dot com slash e QB. Now we're taking an accountability today on the times you were wrong about a player. Maybe they surprised you thought they were gonna be good and am anything yeah, anything any wy something you said you're rich. You remember in the early two thousands, I had this rule. I had not your shirt, not your not that rule.
Speaker 3: Rule.
Speaker 2: I had this rule that you never travel more than twenty minutes for booty. Remember that I was so adamant he had. He was so not you were adamant and arrogant. Can you be like, I got so many options? You think I travel a half hour for some random chick like he was like, never travel more than twenty minutes for late night booty call.
Speaker 3: And I remember thinking, look at this arrogant jerk I'm friends with.
Speaker 2: Fast forward years later, I was flying across the country every weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Flew to Djibouti just to get some booty. So again I was I was wrong. I was How about Rich? How about this ready rich? When we became parents, right, we used to say to ourselves, I'll never will never have little castles and toys all over our living room. Never never, I'm gonna have this sleek apartment. I'm gonna keep it nice in me all the time. Nice house, You keep your toys in your bedroom, kid clean up. You go to Rich's house. Now he has a jungle gym in his living room. All right, full on playhouse in his living room. He has a ballpit in his living room. I was the guy that's like, listen when I got. When I have kids, it's gonna be different.
Speaker 3: I remember going out for what you were, what I was, he was wrong. I remember going out with Cavino and his family, his ex and his kid, and so back in the day, we all went out for dinner and Covino's daughter left something at home and I was like, dud, we're going to the restaurant. Don't worry. He's like, I'm just gonna turn around and get it, because if your kid leaves a toy or something that they want, life's just easier. And I remember saying, like, look at this guy, let's his kid run his life. He's turning around because she forgot her f you don't even know. And now I get it right. But you know, like if I'm if I'm going on a little trip or going out, oh my kid's like, Dad, I forgot my dino, I'm turning around and getting it because it's just going to make my life a pain in me ask if I don't, well, so I was wrong.
Speaker 2: Doesn't feel nice to take accountability. Grandpa Frank in Oregon, what's up, dude.
Speaker 12: Hey, I've been wrong about a couple of things, you guys, And usually it's because you know, people come out and they say they're good and they got to prove me wrong. I root against him, or I kind of predict health problems with him. The one guy. There's two guys really, but one guy in particular was Shaquille O'Neil.
Speaker 5: When he came out.
Speaker 12: You know, I never thought he'd have a long career. There's great, big guys, you see, big centers. You always I predicted knee problems. I thought that guy would break down. And look what a killer career he had.
Speaker 6: No no, no, my numbers retired everywhere. My numbers retired everywhere I play.
Speaker 5: He is awesome.
Speaker 12: Hey, I got one more. One more, you guys, there's one more guy that came out and he's like the biggest hype player next to Kareem and everyone called him the chosen one and everything like that. And I thought, you know, anybody comes out and says they're the best you got, you gotta show me, brother, And he's done that. He showed America. We could put him on the top. We we're proud to call him the face of the NBA now and he'll be the face of the NBA for at Turney have a great day, who was it.
Speaker 2: I guess Shack, I I don't know. I don't know who is who he was talking he was talking about ash So anyway, thank you guys, thank you for all your phone calls and your feedback. Again, there's this viral montage of all these broadcasters saying that Mahomes was going to be a bust. Can I again the story of accountability today where JJ Reddick just sort of flipped his lid on. Yeah, Doc rivers not taking accountability, whether it was people that were wrong about Purdy or Trey Lance or Tom Brady or oh this guy's Oh he's nothing like I think about it. That was the one thing about party though this year. Though I wanted Purty, nothing against the Chiefs and Mahomes great season. Couldn't bet against Mahomes. He did his thing.
Speaker 3: But it would have been so cool for mister irrelevant to prove the world trusts.
Speaker 2: By winning the Super Bowl, not only for you rich, but just to prove everybody wrong, all the people, all the naysayers, all the oh he's a game manager, he's not a difference maker. That in itself was something I was rooting for, just so he could prove all those people wrong. A lot of times, like we're pointing out a lot of we thought they were gonna stink and they were great. There are people that we thought were gonna be great and never never worked out. Like I mean, I don't want to throw him under the bus. Probably a great dude, but Mitchell Trubisky, and that was a guy that you know because he was in that draft. People thought that Lamar Jackson Mahomes no, no, no, no. I mean, how about Josh Rosen and all the way he hyped himself up. Oh yeah, Josh Rosen, and some people bought into that hype, like, yeah.
Speaker 3: Man, he's gonna show everybody wrong and prove everybody wrong. Not Josh Allen. Josh Rosen, do you remember, He's like every team that passed on me, you're gonna regret it. I don't think they did. I'm gonna I'm gonna go out on a.
Speaker 2: Limb here and say no, I mean, congratulations on his success and all.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I don't know. I think he was a little wrong on that. You know. I remember when Netflix started streaming. I do remember thinking, like, I don know, is everyone gonna really stream stuff from their house? People love DVDs and Blu rays. And you know what, if we could all go back and buy some stock in Netflix when it was a company that mailed DVDs in the mail. I don't know if anyone will be working this morning. Remember when I made fun of you, Rich. I made fun of Rich because he said, in the future, there's an update. By the way, in the future, we're gonna have phones installed in our head.
Speaker 2: Now, you gotta remember, in like the early two thousands, I'm like, that's the dumbest thing you've ever said in our head?
Speaker 3: No burst, They left at me like I was high on all types of drugs. They what is this guy?
Speaker 2: Your head so stupid at the time, and now you're hearing all these things. We Elon Musk is update noralink, the Elon Musk invention where they implanted the first human with that that uh you know, the chip in the head. That person as of today, Yeah, could move a mouse on a computer with their thoughts. Well, why doesn't he call the show and tell us how it's working? Eight seven seven ninety nine on five. Because I admit, Rich, I made funny you for years for that. I was wrong.
Speaker 3: Your feedback, your calls, filling in for the Great Dan Patrick at Covene on Rich and we're gonna get to midweek major spots. Got all the stories in the world of sports and entertainment next, so stay with us here on Fox Sports Radio