Speaker 1: Look out.
Speaker 2: It's only films to be buried with the Reincarnation. Hello, my name is Buddy Peace. I am a musician and an editor and the producer of this podcast. Brett has lost his voice, so he has asked me to step in for him for this intro. Luckily, he recorded this episode a couple of weeks ago, so I've only got to cover the admin. Also, he wrote this for me to read out, so it's all going to be fine. As Benjamin Spock once said, trust yourself. You know more than you think you do. You can do this Buddy piece. Every week, Brett Goldstein invites a special guest over and then he tells them they've died and then gets them to discuss their life through the films that meant the most of them. Previous guests include Mark Frost, Barry Jenkins, Sharon Stone, and even Mary mccampbell's. But this week is different. He's come back. Pet Bambles has been resurrected, and he has been through his judgment day and now for his fulld appearance, he will experience for the first time the Reincarnation. Check out the Patreon at patreon dot com slash Brett Goldstein, where you'll get an extra twenty minutes with Ed he talks secrets and all kinds of things. Plus you get all the episodes uncut and add free and often as a video. Check it out over at patreon dot com. Slash Brett Goldstein Pet Brambles is a podcaster, actor, writer and comedian, and Brett was delighted to have him back for the full time here. They recorded this a couple of weeks ago over zoom and I've heard it. It's brilliant. That's it from now. I very much hope you enjoy episode three hundred and six of Films to be Buried with the Reincarnation.
Speaker 3: Hello, and welcome to Films to be Buried with the Reincarnation. It is I Brett Goldstein and I am joined today coming back from the dead by an actor, a writer, a Royal Albert Haler regular at his locals gig, a podcaster, a TV host, a British baker, a food writer, a food journalist, a food eater. He likes food. He's a multi million best selling author and an amazing comedian. He would prefer not to have a hot dog on the temb. He wants a cucumber. He's here he's there. He lives with the genie and he's a very good boy. Here he is live in person. Please welcome back to the show. It's the brilliant. It's mister Red Camble.
Speaker 1: Hooray.
Speaker 4: Few lies in there, more lies than normal, I'd say in the build up, no lies, no lies. Multi multi millions selling author, I think probably I.
Speaker 3: Read an interview with you that said your book coming out now in paperback best seller. It might not have said millions, but it said best and I assume any book that is best selling is selling millions.
Speaker 4: It's my best selling book I've ever released, and that's probably what they meant.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: I released my book Glutton, The Multi Course Life of a very Greedy Boy, in the same day as Britney Spears released her autobiography, and I'd say she probably sneaks a few more copies than me in there.
Speaker 3: Well, let me put it like this, I haven't read Britney Spears when I have read yours. There we go. You do the math that's all you need to say. You do the maths. Also, your book is very, very funny and very good and people should buy the best multi million selling I mean, you don't need it he's already sold millions, but millions, Yeah, it could sell a couple more. It took me a while reading your book, as like, oh, he sort of joked about he said this, you know when people say people tell you who they are all the time. I don't know why. It took me until I read your book to go, oh, he really does love food.
Speaker 4: My career didn't have any sort of didn't give you any inkling that I might know.
Speaker 3: It was like, I think he's you know, it's like a sort of minor thing to him. But after your book, I was like, no, do you know what? He really does love food? Did it give you that? Here's what this is the true test of the book. Yeah, did it give you any insight into why people love food? As a man who sees food as purely functional and actually quite annoying, I think you're finding food quite annoying. Yeah. I think what I thought was if I wrote a book about films, would you go, oh, I guess he really did care about films.
Speaker 4: No, because I know you care about films. You've been doing this podcast for like a decade. I know you love films. I've been doing a food podcast for ages.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I listened to it every single week. Yeah, I can't believe you didn't twig that I loved food. I just thought it was sort of an excuse to hang out with James.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, that's that's actually one of the negatives about the whole project.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, listen. It's very impressive book, very and genuinely. I was sort of genuinely impressed with how funny and given that the entire book is you talking about food, that it doesn't feel samey. It's like a new way of talking about food every chapter.
Speaker 4: That's because there's loads of different food, Brett, and we don't all eat the same thing every day. Three hundred and fifty pages. I think you could write a brilliant book about films. I definitely read your book about films. Okay, thank you, No, huge shout out to one of my favorite memoirs, Pattern Oswell's Silver Screen Fiend, which is an absolutely brilliant book. And I think the first time I read a comedian do a memoir which is a sneak a sneaky memoir where they're talking supposedly talking about something else, but they're actually talking about their life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, your your book's kind of the opposite, isn't it. And that's what I loved about your All the press you had to do is people kept trying to get deep with you, Yes, as if they thought your memoir was secretly about your life and really it was just food. Yeah.
Speaker 4: People try to get very deep with me about my weight loss and things like that, whereas I'm very clear in the book I was extremely happy when I was fat, and people just don't. People didn't trust me even though I wrote about it for ages. In fact, I did do one of those deep interviews, didn't I. And then I had to come and meet you to see Indiana.
Speaker 3: Jones, So I really I really rushed through that interview to come to go and meet my friend Brett does the Indiana Jones at the IMAX. I read that interview and I could tell the journalist was very annoyed. She was like, there's something about him. He seems desperate to get out, keeps slicking at his watch. Every so often.
Speaker 4: He stares into the middle distance and says, I wonder if the Big Boulder will be in it.
Speaker 3: I'm very impressed with your book, and I think it's brilliant. Pass you and you're on tour now after the last tour, he's on tour. Yeah, there was a bit of a gap.
Speaker 4: I mean I taught Australia and New Zealand with the last tour last year, and now I'm on tour again. So yeah, I suppose that's quite quickly after the previous show.
Speaker 3: How long did it take you to write this new one? And did you write it while you were doing the other one?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was doing the other one in Australia New Zealand, and I definitely had the main basis of the show, so it's probably like a year, year and a half a tinker with it, But I never say it's finished because I'll try and keep it fresh for myself on tour every night, and I'll normally come up with a new line or a new way of delivering a line or something. So I don't think it's ever truly a fully formed piece, but then my show's aren't anyway. They're just sort of a lot of weave together anecdotes and thoughts, and they're very silly, Brett.
Speaker 3: I did tell you a friend of mine went to see you who doesn't know you and mess with me and said, I saw your friend Ed, who was amazing. I think it was in Devon or somewhere and I said, oh great, and they said, yes, he picked on my husband and said he would suck his dick right off. Yes, that's you know, a bit in the show. I no longer pick on anyone and say that. But I'm glad that I said that to your friend. What a treat for What a treat for your friend?
Speaker 4: And that really gives you an insight into what sort of comedy I do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've never asked you this head, and I'm sorry to be to ask you a serious process question about your process. Okay, now when this tour you finished last tour, did you have like we've got a year, like I said, do you put a deadline in I'm doing a tour ony years, so I have to have a China year. Do you start with an idea how does it go? Or do you just go fuck, I have to do something new and then you come up with it like as it work with you. Yeah, that's sort of sort of the last one.
Speaker 4: I don't think there's ever been a process tour to tour that has been the same. There's not like a right here we go, let's hang everything on the framework that I did the last tour with. It's mainly just thinking about things that have happened to me in the last year and a half, seeing if there's any stories that can be absolutely fleshed out beyond belief. And then I just try and write loads of jokes and do loads of gigs as well. And you know, I'm taking new material on stage at big gigs where I absolutely shouldn't be. I won't ever do the stuff from the previous tour again after the tours finished. It's got to be all it's got to be all new. Yeah, it's good, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I got to run it out, you know, put it through its paces. If I start relying on old material, then you know, what's what's the point of that. I've just got to see if I can sell the hell out of my new thoughts.
Speaker 3: Very good, Very good. And how's all your all your TV stuff? Because of course I've been away. I haven't seen you, but you've been all over the British.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm doing a bit of TV stuff. I'm the host of the Traders extra show, Traders Uncloaked.
Speaker 3: Oh shit, big show that. Yeah.
Speaker 4: The Trace is a massive show in the UK and in the US, but the US is slightly different. They only use previous reality show contestants or reality stars, but it's members of the public. With the UK one and I do like the Extra Discussion show, which is pictures a visualized podcast. But that's a television show, isn't it.
Speaker 3: It's busy show. I was invited to be on it wasn't I and I thought it was a podcast because the way it was. They kept saying, will you be on our Traders podcast? And I said, I don't watch Traders, so I think it would be pointless, and they kept saying, well, film it. One of the keys for guests is that they watch Traders or care about the Traders.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, but no, I love doing that. I'm a judge on Great British Menu as well, do a bit of that. You know, there's there's totally knocking about.
Speaker 3: So your Great British Menu. You're just eating and that's nice, isn't it. Yeah?
Speaker 4: Sometimes I go, oh, that's not very nice, actually, do you No, not to their face.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: There is a nerve racking bit where the chefs come in at the end and you have to sort of especially on finals week, you have to run through the rankings. There's eight chefs in finals week and you have to be like and in eight places is Brett because he messed up his salmon or whatever, he.
Speaker 3: Messed up his fresh protein b Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is that what you're rocking these days? Are you just are you pure protein products? Do you only eat supplements?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a series of gels like that.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't I wouldn't be surprised if you were just on pure Well now, no, I'm nine.
Speaker 3: Oh that's good, that's solid. Actually, what's your what's your order? Full? Hole hot chicken hole full hot chicken, berry tips, Coustler massive peace, the chips.
Speaker 4: The chips are re curvable for me, I'll be honest. I wasn't expecting any cubs and there whatsoever.
Speaker 3: I do feel yeah, and I don't always do that, but you know, hard to resist in it if you're feeling cheeky. Yeah. One last question wrestling? Yes? Is that a question? Is that a question? Brett? You're you're If we may, I don't know if this is private? Is it private? It will talk about it when you can't know. Your lady wife has become a wrestler.
Speaker 4: No, she's not become a wrestler. I think she would resist that that label. She trains, she does wrestling training, so she, you know, twice a week will go to a an industrial estate in London and be thrown around a ring by professional wrestlers. And I think it's she just it's something she enjoys. And I think finding exercise you enjoy is really important. But unfortunately, also just me, she's injured half the time.
Speaker 3: Does she pick you up and bodies slamming you in the living room? I think she could. Our living room is not big enough for that.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, she will sometimes get back and be so pumped up with adrenaline that she's like, come here, I want to show you what I've learned today.
Speaker 3: And then she put me.
Speaker 4: In a headlock and do all of this, and do a takedown and try and roll me up and all of this. I'm very happy for you that you've found a hobby, but the room isn't really big enough for this, and I've got a week lower back.
Speaker 3: I will always encourage you with love, but you are hurting me. Yeah, please please stop ed Oh hang on, let's see what the what the rules are? How many of these ones have you done? Bro? Just one it's a great you know, it's a huge honor. It's a huge honor to be a fourth time. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean the thing that I think, the thing that really chips away at the honorable status of it is the host of the podcast saying, you know, it's a huge honor. Imagine getting an obe and the king saying to you, the king, guys, oh, it's a big deal. I just wanted to check before I give you this. You know this is a huge honore, right.
Speaker 3: Sir, ed it's a big deal. Right, you appreciate this before I do this? All Right, here we go.
Speaker 4: I can see you've been the king in like a like an in a naked gun film or something.
Speaker 3: I would like like to be slightly threatening. King. Oh bee, I'm the King. Watch it? Edward Gamble, you fourth time legend. What an honor you You have been brought back to earth to live a new life. But as who or what? It can be someone from the past, or you can design a new life off you go.
Speaker 4: So as who or what? It's an interesting question, isn't it. And I think I think it's going to be my own cat. Can I be my own cat? Or will that then kill my cat?
Speaker 3: Cat. You've got an lovely cat. Would it kill your cat? No? I guess you can come back as your cat. And given this sort of lads of time and space, you couldn't come back to the beginning of your so you'd actually go back in time. But then would I?
Speaker 4: I wouldn't be there because I think a lot of the fact that my cat has a nice life is down to the fact that I'm an absolute pushover.
Speaker 3: So so no, will you'd be there until you died on this Oh yeah, okay podcast, So the first half of your cat's live certainly.
Speaker 4: Would fantastically, And then yeah, I'll definitely be my own cat because I think I think he's got the best life out of any living being on the planet.
Speaker 3: Do you think it's weird that you were listen? Do you know what? Fuck? Man? Isn't this what therapy is? Therapy is like looking after yourself. You've literally come back as a cat that will be looked after by you.
Speaker 4: Let's check the clock. Ten minutes in Brett's talking about therapy. You've been in LA for too long, man, this is ridiculous.
Speaker 3: I think you've fucking mastered your that you're that you're you want to come back as a cat that will be looked up by you. Yeah, looks he has a fantastic life.
Speaker 4: I mean he's asleep right now, sleeps all day, wakes up at about seven, wakes me up.
Speaker 3: I go and feed him. He just trots around.
Speaker 4: Sometimes he just goes mad and runs around the house, does a big ship and then that that's sort of his day. That's all I want to do, Bro, I just want to be in my house and do a big ship every.
Speaker 3: Day and run around and then nap and then nap and get bowls of meat. It's a very nice cat, that cat. Yeah's gorgeous. What about the food though? Has that cat eating? Well?
Speaker 4: He has wet He has wet food in the morning, which is like meats but like posh meats, and then sort of a bowl of dry food in the evening. But I think if I'm the cat, then I've got all the cat's thoughts, right, so I would enjoy that food. I don't remember when I used to be a judge on Great British Men.
Speaker 3: You do, I it depends how much sort of you've programmed for this life, because you get to be in charge of it. If you've left a couple of gaps where you can still keep some memories. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well maybe if I left a couple of gaps, I probably wouldn't Brittany wouldn't remember what human food tastes like, so I could then enjoy the cat food.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But I've got control of the cat right when I'm the cat, I'm not just like.
Speaker 3: It's not like being John not trapped in the cat. No, you are the cat. Yeah, yeah, is it me? Or except for the smell? Doesn't cat food look fucking great? Yeah? Smelling smell, I think maybe I want to eat a cat food. Maybe that'd get me on board. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well maybe if you come back as a cat as well, you can come over with the come over and we'll have dinner together.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It would be the first time we've ever both enjoyed a dinner at the same time.
Speaker 3: A cat dinner party. Yeah, the first time I go to a dinner party a cat. Well, welcome back, cat. Now you are here, we the people of the planet, want to know what you used to think about films before you now are a cat.
Speaker 4: You get it, I get it. So you're not asking me when I'm a cat what films I like?
Speaker 3: It's sort of just before you come back. Unless you want you can throw in some cat. But I don't know how much the cats watched the cat's only got the last fight? How was your cat? Like three? Yeah, it's more you before you came back to work, just before you became a cat, like look this guy's well, I'll send you back as a cat at the end.
Speaker 4: Because my cat answers would be like my favorite film is a laser pointer on the floor, that sort.
Speaker 3: Of yeah, yeah. So I haven't send you back yet. I'm thinking about it. I know what you want. You won't be a cat. I always like to test the format, Bret. It's very important and as usual of the format is absolutely water tight. So before I send you back as a cat, depending on your answers, based on what I think of the films you say things. For the first thing, the people of Earth wanted to notice, what's your favorite remake of a film?
Speaker 4: Now we might have I might have mentioned this film on one of the previous podcasts, but certainly not for a proper answer. I think my favorite remake, and it's a fairly recent one, is the is the Suspiria remake? Good film? Good film? Because I don't for me. It doesn't even feel like a remake.
Speaker 3: Like I could.
Speaker 4: I could watch the original Suspiria and the Modern Suspiria back to back in a film marathon, and you wouldn't feel like you were watching the same story. Really, like it's a It takes the energy of the first one and does something different. And also it's bloody horrible. There's some horrible bits in it.
Speaker 3: Brat you love that, you love horrible.
Speaker 4: The dance studio scene, which is the one that sticks out the most where she gets all broken up and stuff is horrible. And then obviously Tilda Swinson just I think she's every character. I've not done the research, but I think she plays every character.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think she is. Yeah, yeah, yeah, he's playing to Cocha Johnson as well. Yeah, he plays, She plays all the characters. It is a great film. I really like it. I like it more than the original Forgive Forgive.
Speaker 4: We saw the original together, of course. Yeah, Goblin played the Yeah, Goblin played the life soundtrack. Absolutely love it. I love both of them. But I think I think it is it is my favorite remake. And also I should probably set the top of this if if listeners haven't heard me on this podcast before. I don't know a lot about films, and also when I watch a film, I tend to completely forget about it immediately. So I think, my love, I just listened to you and Nish doing the best of it. Was like, when you and Nish watch films, do you just write a thesis in your head as you're watching it? Have to have that amount to say about films, and to remember so many films blows my mind. I'm like, there needs some at least four explosions within the first ten minutes to wake me up.
Speaker 3: But you remember, like your daily existence and food and stuff. I don't remember anything else. My brain just retains film stuff and then forget family and friends in life.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, fair enough. Yeah, so it's going to be. This is going to be I think probably one of the more basic episodes.
Speaker 3: No, it's honor. I don't bring you back four times. If I think you've got nothing to say said, thank you, thank you, your majesty. I'll tell you my favorite remake, even though I never do. But I just realized, go on, I think it's Pete's Dragon, And I say that as somebody fucking loves Pete Draggon the originally love It. Yeah, it wouldn't change a thing, but the remake's so different. But it does have a dragon and a guy called peteing it and he's beautiful. There's your answer. There we go. What's the one actor you would watch in anything?
Speaker 4: There's only one answer for this, and occasionally I will be very confident about my answer, and this is one of them. And the only answer for this is Nicholas Cage.
Speaker 3: Great answer.
Speaker 4: I think you can put You could put him in anything, and you never know what he's going to do, even if you started watching the film for an hour. You can't predict what his character is going to do in the next scene or how he's going to perform it.
Speaker 3: And that's what I like about him.
Speaker 4: You can't predict word to word what he's going to do with the next word. He might whisper the whisper the first word, then he's screaming at the top of his lungs for the second word. Then he's crouching down and doing a different voice for the third word. And it's addictive. It's absolutely addictive to watch him, and I don't really care about the film around him.
Speaker 3: A lot of the time. I just want I just want to see him do stuff. That's a really good answer, very thoughtful. I love him. What's the film you changed your mind on significantly from the first time you saw it? Okay?
Speaker 4: Well, I saw the film Sideways many years ago, and everyone told me it was good, so I was like, yeah, it is, and looking back on it, I don't think I understood it. I don't think I got it really, but I was like, I think it's about middle aged man.
Speaker 3: Isn't it.
Speaker 4: And I probably was quite young when I saw it, and I was like, I don't really understand why we're supposed to be enjoying this or why these characters are doing what they're doing. But everyone told me it was good, so I was like, buhyuess, it's good, and I've seen it.
Speaker 3: Have you watched it recently?
Speaker 4: No, I've not watched it recently. Maybe I'll go back and watch it again. But I think I have changed my mind significantly because now I've just got a bit more confidence in what I enjoy and I feel a little bit more emboldened to say I don't think I did enjoy that.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much. Sorry to be carried along with the wave. I think that's a big step, big step in your development. The thing with Sideways. Sideways is an excellent film, but it's also interesting that it was so critically acclaimed even though it is brilliant, because I think it is about critics. Like I said, I think, if you're a sort of miserable middle aged man who sits and slags things off, you watch Sideways and you're like, oh, that's me. Yeah, you know what I mean. It's this guy just with a very sort of disappointed series of sort of disappointing things and being angry about petty thing. I think it really appealed to.
Speaker 4: Maybe I would like it now because that's that's sort of who I'm going to turn into.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 4: So maybe it's a grower. Maybe it's a grower on me.
Speaker 3: And you like wine and shit, it's people going on about that, oh this is the right thing to hather for meal I always lost, but I don't think I necessarily did.
Speaker 4: At the time when I saw it, I probably thought that was a bit wonky, and I still maintain that that is a wanky thing to do to be into wine. But it's slowly seeping into my life. So maybe now, maybe I would watch it, and I'd hate it even more because it's holding up a mirror to my future. If you can indeed hold a mirror to the future, you get and don't worry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as a what what what's the film? Well?
Speaker 4: I do forget how quickly you blust through these questions, Brett.
Speaker 3: I know James got mad with me when we did it.
Speaker 4: Well, Nicola, you know so much to talk about Nicholas Cage, and we just we just loved it.
Speaker 3: What would you like? Well, well, well, the thing with Nicholas Cage is he's on a he's on a full on renaissance.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you can't trust that. You can't trust that withn't it Cage?
Speaker 3: He's done two masterpieces in a row, which is unusual for him, But that means there's an absolute stinker around the corner. But his performance in that stinker is going to be as good as it has been in the masterpieces, and that he is consistently brilliant. But I think his choices are wild, and I love that. I did have a theory about him. Maybe I've said it before, but he in the beginning like he did like sort of sort of proper films and all sorts of films, and then he won an Oscar for Lieve in Las Vegas, and I felt like he won the Oscar and then thought, I don't have to do proper stuff anymore. I've proved my point. I've proved you I'm a proper actor. Now I'm going to take acid and hang upside down and scream a lot on my head.
Speaker 4: Now when you say that two classics in a row, we are, of course talking about Renfield.
Speaker 3: We're talking about We're talking about Pig and Dream Scenario.
Speaker 4: I haven't seen Renfield. I mean it's great. I mean, yeah, it's Nicholas Cage, just Dracula. What else do you want?
Speaker 3: It's good.
Speaker 4: I've still not seen Dream Scenario, which was on my list. Pig I thought was absolutely fantastic.
Speaker 3: And there's also the name of my cat that you're going to become. Yes, sorry, I made you do more on that. No, you did, and I'm happy to. And as as for your sideways, think, listen, there are films I don't understand. You think I'm clever, but I'm also secretly really thick. And there are sort of films like Spike Lee's Inside Man, which is considered one of his like mainstream blockbusters. I didn't understand it. I got to the end and I was like, what happened. I don't understand anything that happened in that film, and it's just a heist film. But I didn't follow a second of it. I was very confused. Sometimes I do understand films.
Speaker 4: It's rare, but I mean, James might have spoken to you about this on the podcast we Won't See Mother Together Darren Aronofsky's Mother, and after he was like, oh, man, I didn't Oh that was so good.
Speaker 3: But I didn't understand anything.
Speaker 4: And I explained all of the theories that I've worked out in my head while the film was on, and he was like, I can't believe it. He didn't even pick up on Mother Nature. Come on, mate, film's called Mother.
Speaker 3: Maybe listen. I think I also saw Wicked, not the film, the musical. The musical, yeah, which you know plays to families and children and people across the world. Act one happened. I was into it. Then there was an interval Act too began and I thought, if I missed something, I have no idea what's going Well, what didn't you understand? I didn't understand what was going on in act too, I was like, I think there's been a time some stuff's going on. I missed the switch off because I have no idea what it's happening. And he spent the second act being deeply confused. Are you sure you left during the interval?
Speaker 4: Are you sure you didn't stand up fifteen minutes in and go and sit in the bar for twenty minutes and then come back in and it was just still the first half.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure. I'm not sure, but I'm going to be reading the cliff notes before I see that. I tell you a couple of bangers in that though. Yeah, what is your favorite documentary film? Edward Gamble? Now?
Speaker 4: I had my answer all planned, and then I listened to the episode with a Castle that you did when he had his honor and he said what he said anvil, And I think that's my Then that should be my answer because I'm the guy who likes heavy metals, so that should be a protect That should be a protected answer for me, because that is a perfect documentary and I love it so much. And also I did a Spotify podcast series called Lifers, which was basically me interviewing different metal bands who were in a similar situation to anvil. So you know this, this is my wheelhouse Brett. Yeah, but anyway, I've said King of Kong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what do you mean? Yeah, come on, yeah, but I want you to have anviil because you're right. He fucking stole it. He stole it.
Speaker 4: But you know I've got King of cong as a backup. I think it's a fantastic character study. There's an evil one and there's a good one, and it's about a subculture, and I love learning about subcultures. I love seeing how angry nerds can get. I loved how involved they were in that world. And yeah, you find yourself absolutely rooting for one of the guys and absolutely despising the other one, which means it's probably not a particularly representative documentary of reality. But it just it turned into what felt like a scripted drama. I loved it.
Speaker 3: Great answer, are you doing any more life? As? I enjoyed that, and I don't care for the things you care about?
Speaker 4: Yes, no, no more lifers. I think it probably cost them too much money for quite a niche a niche topic. They didn't want to put me on the train to the Midlands anymore to talk to aging men about when they support a Metallica. You know, but I absolutely love that. It's it's a really fun and occasionally quite emotional podcast because there's something there's something really emotive about people who throw their whole life into an artistic pursuit when they know and everyone else knows, it's probably not going to make them any money. I think it's I think it's an amazing thing and something that I couldn't do.
Speaker 3: I do comedy to make the big bucks. You know, Yeah, you're you're only in it for the money, and yeah, it's always been your way. I remember as an open Mica you'd be like, give me that tenor.
Speaker 4: Maybe like no, that's the split between all of the apps. I am seen, I should get seven pounds.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Well, what's your favorite sequel? Oh?
Speaker 4: Now, I struggled over this to not sound like a basic bitch, Brett.
Speaker 3: What did you want to say?
Speaker 4: Well, I've got I've got a list of three. Back to the Future too boring, Paddington two boring. It's just I know you look angry now, but you know those are the first answers that came to me. But then I think I am I am going to say night More on Elm Street three Dream Warriors really good. It's such a stunning film. It's the first funny one. Yeah, yeah, the first one with jokes. They completely like reinvigorated the franchise because I think they could have just kept shitting those out for ages because Freddy Kruege is such a good bad guy. But it's the first one where they actually put jokes in and he does his little little horrible things. He says, just as he kills someone, welcome to Primetime, bitch, I think is in that one when he smashes an aspiring.
Speaker 3: Actress through the TV.
Speaker 4: Oh well, look, it's going to come up later when we do the Patreon section as well. But I absolutely love Nightmare on Elm Street three Dream Worries. And you know what, I googled it to day to find the fact for you about it? Tell me John a fact.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It's Frank Darabumt's first writing credit, no way. Yeah, he wrote the whole thing, I think. Yeah, it was certainly was involved in the writing of it. Yeah, wow, pretty cool. That is pretty cool. You ever seen The Mist?
Speaker 4: I love The Mist? Yeah, I absolutely love The Mist. It's the most depressing ending to a film of all time.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, and I love he made the show sang Redemption and went and everyone went, oh, it's a life of family, and he went, here you go. It's the mist things.
Speaker 4: It truly is the most miserable end to a film, but it made me so happy. I love people absolutely leaning into misery, and especially when it involves just that violating the sacred boundary of killing kids, where it's just like, yeah, fuck it, everything's terrible.
Speaker 3: Enjoy that. No, no, you watch again. Jesus you've got a DVD tang on Dream Warriors. That's your answer. Yeah, I think we'll go when he become it's when he become a rice comic. Yeah. Is that The teenagers in a like group therapy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're in like I guess like clinic, a home for it's like mentally troubled teens. And they're trying to do a sleep clinic. And Nancy comes back from the first one. She wasn't in the second one. The second one is really bad. They like basically they try and wreck on the whole thing and it doesn't work, so then it just moves on it. Three is essentially a sequel to one, right, And I think It's amazing, just brilliant, so eighties, like every every character is a stereotype. There's like the little nerd kid, there's that, there's the tough guy, there's the sort of cool drug addict team. And there's also a very horrible bit where she falls asleep. I think she's a heroin addict and Freddie's fingers all turned to syringes injector. Yeah, very It really really made an impression on my young mind. That one I bought the box set of all the DVDs.
Speaker 3: I bought a load of Heroine. I've got so much Heroin and injected it with my fingers. What's your favorite film by a director you don't usually like? This was?
Speaker 4: I mean, I've got an answer. It was tricky because I don't think I view things in terms of, oh, who's directing it. I'm not like, come on, let's go and see this latest, this latest film by Bloody Glar. I have directors I like who are like oteurs and you know, have a good, good back catalog, like you know, like Quentin Tarantino and think of a Jig Fincher. But this might sound unfair, but my favorite film by director that I don't usually like is Old.
Speaker 3: I love Old.
Speaker 4: Old is one of the the most It's the most fun I've had watching a film in the last fifteen years. I was gripped by it. It made me laugh out loud throughout. I don't know if that was the intention. Some of the best plot exposition conversations I've ever seen in a film, like just stood on a beach where everyone's getting old and they're calmly picking apart why people might be getting old, as if anyone would do that.
Speaker 3: I just thought it was. It was so much fun beginning to end.
Speaker 4: It's such a stupid idea, and I think he absolutely nailed it, and a lot of his other films I'm just not I mean, sure, sixth sense, but it's not one I go back and watch, obviously, But I think a lot of the other films around Old haven't been to my taste or didn't quite land in the way that I'd hoped. But Old is just it's an absolute riot. It feels like being on a really stupid roller coaster.
Speaker 3: He's great Old. It's a great idea. I think that is an older great Yeah, I like I would very much my theory on Old, as they are on a lot of his films. It feels like what we're watching. If I may be slightly negative, but I'm saying this is a fan. Yeah, it feels like we're watching a first draft. If that's like, it's a good there's so much good stuff and it's so many great ideas. But it could have used a little policy just to finesse it, make it a bit sut of there. No, the wouldn't I would not be giving that as an answer. Yeah, you wouldn't have been doing it.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't be talking about old if it was polished, or he'd go, maybe this is just one character talking about why everyone's getting old on a beach for ages. You know, why would anyone put that in a script. It's not a natural conversation at all. And they go on a beach and they get old. Who's doing that sort of film anymore? That's brilliant, really good. I think it was maybe based on a comic book, I think, yeah, which it feels it feels like a comic book film, like a one shot comic.
Speaker 3: But yeah, just great fun. It's quite moving as well. When it was when he's like, what were we arguing about? I don't remember, and then they just sit and have a caddle and I'm like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's nice, isn't it. It's nice, it's nice. But then you see the lab and stuff. Oh it's great, so silly.
Speaker 3: What's your favorite film that you get the most stick about loving from people? Actually, says sick.
Speaker 4: Do I have to give a specific film or can I give a franchise?
Speaker 3: Both? All right?
Speaker 4: Hunger Games. I did not know you loved the Hunger Games. I fucking love Hunger Games. I absolutely love the original Hunger Games films. The first two probably my favorites. I've seen them multiple times. I remember when I lived with Nishkumar, your friend of mine, I used to watch the Hunger Games films a lot, and he gave me a lot of stick for that, because yeah, technically it's, you know, a young adult sort of property, isn't it. It's for teenagers, teenage girls specifically, I think. But it's great.
Speaker 3: Look.
Speaker 4: I love Battle Royal and the first time I was watching Battle Royal, I thought, you know, if only Jennifer Lawrence.
Speaker 3: Was in this, I think it's correct.
Speaker 4: I think it's like weird, sort of fancy wish fulfillment stuff, like the picking all the weapons and designing the costumes, and a wonderful turn from Lenny Kravitz. Kravitz is a wardrobe designer in The Hunger Games. Yes, please don't mind that a man who himself has had multiple wardrobe malfunctions on.
Speaker 3: But I think it's not. What do you Harrelson's in it? Come on? What a turn? What a turn from our friend? Wouldy? Donald Savilim one of my favorite accent. Yes, President Snow, it's good stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've watched them, watched him again recently, actually, and you know what they hold up, even especially in these fractured political times.
Speaker 3: You've got to have takes the drag of his pipe in political times. What about You've got to go see The Ballad of I Will Do? I was thinking, is it it's a prequel though? Right? So prequel? I think it's how Dona Sutherland became Donna Sablind or something, is it?
Speaker 4: So, in terms of watching a prequel, do you recommend watching the films that are out already in reverse order to build up to the prequel.
Speaker 3: We watch everything backwits, Yeah, until you go back quits. I sort of don't like the idea of prequels ever, because of the fact. You know that. Like I say this having enjoyed loads of prequels, but in theory, I'm always bummed out by a prequel because, like, for example, young Indiana James, you know he's not going to die, there's no jog. Yeah, yeah, because he gets out. But on the other round, it was really good. What am I talking about?
Speaker 4: One of my least favorite things that they do in prequels though as well, they'll do like a really heavy handed sort of wink to the camera referencing something that happens in a film set after that as well. It's like in Doctor Who when like he'll meet Shakespeare and the doctor will say to be or not to be by accident. Shakespeare's like, what was that? Oh that's good, and he like writes it down. You're like, yeah, get some of my tits.
Speaker 3: Well, like in Titanic when he says that he'll never amount to match, I'm like, all of that stuff, all of that's absolutely hate it. No one said that, so you can't make that up, thank you very much. No. And to be fair, the rest of the film does seem like a documentary. What is what is the single? Here we go ahead, this is all I really care about obviously, what is the single sexiest moment in a film?
Speaker 4: I swear you ask a version of this question every single time we have a conversation. What was the last I swear you asked this in the last time we did a podcast. Yeah, I'm sure what was what was the question in the last because I think the last time we recorded one of these Judgment Day, Yeah, I said, I ended up talking about the bit inn eight mile when when you can tell that it's going in. Yeah, yeah, Well it's a slightly different let's have a look what the Judgment day question is, just to be yeah, because it's completely different.
Speaker 3: It's the it's the PERV question. But you have at every single one of your have everything, yeah, your basis. You know, it'll be slightly different, completely different version of this question. Yeah, okay, a completely different version. So I think I've got two answers. I'm going to give the answer that was originally going to give, and then I'll give the answer that I've just thought of. Okay.
Speaker 4: J Lo's introduction in Hustlers where she does a dance is insane, that's you know, and that only came out a few years ago, so you know, I'm watching that as a man who should be in control of these things, and I was watching it feeling like a teenager watching watching watching something sexy. I think she's just she is incredible in that film, and she looks absolutely amazing, and that dance is incredible as well, and it shot sexily. It's shot in the way to make her look utterly powerful and utterly in control, and I thought that was fantastic. But I've just remembered the bit in Freddy Got Fingered where the it's not Freddy Got Fingered?
Speaker 3: Which one is it?
Speaker 4: I don't think I can give this answer now because I've just forgotten the name of the film. It's a really bad film anyway, But there's a bit where a rips her shirt open at the table and she's got all Pierce nibbles. Is there a film called Say It Ain't So?
Speaker 3: Yeah? What is that? Say it Isn't So? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I saw that in the cinema when I was on a school trip once, and yeah, there's a moment in that film that, when I was a teenager, was particularly impactful.
Speaker 3: So is that or Freddy Got Fingered?
Speaker 4: No, I don't think it's Freddy Got Fingered, But you know that's a great film, Daddy, would you like some sausage?
Speaker 3: See? Why can I remember that? And not any like?
Speaker 4: Incredible film about the human condition and incredibly written, incredibly shot, with an amazing score. But I can remember when Tom Green has bits of string tied to his fingers, hooked up to a pulley system with sausages tied to the other end, and he's playing a keyboard saying Daddy, would you like some sausage?
Speaker 3: And ripped on looks really annoyed, but that's important, you know. That's thank you. You understand the question, You've answered it correctly. Thank you. What is the film that means the most to you as a family. That could be your wife, that could be your kids, or you with your parents, or however you interpret family, Vin Diesel.
Speaker 4: I think we we discussed Scott Pilgrim on the first time I did it, because that's the first film that me and my wife went to the cinema to see together. So I'm not going to say that I'll pick something that me and my mum really enjoy and have done since it came out, and I have watched multiple times together, and I think it's probably the first time that me and my mum enjoyed something on the same level. So it sort of really sticks in my head. Is that moment of feeling like you're getting something and Missus Doubtfire is the answer. And I still, I mean, it still probably holds up as one of my top ten films. I think it's absolutely incredible.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that, Ed. Did you know I like Missus doubt Fire? No, it's never come up. I don't think. No. I love it's incredible.
Speaker 4: It's such a good film, and I mean very funny, very emotional and quite sweet as the You know, I am the product of a broken home and grew up with my mum and I just remember thinking, if only my dad could dresses a Scottish nanny to come and look after.
Speaker 3: Me, you little heartbreak. I absolutely love it. The fascical scene do you keep answering the door and your dad wouldn't be wearing a wig? And yeah, do you care or not? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean the cast is obviously incredible. And I tell you, a moment I think about a lot, and it's weird that I think about this a lot, but it almost refreshes me to think about it. Is when he throws a lime at the back of Pierce and Brosna's head at the swimming pool, and it hits his wet head, and it just it just looks so sort of fresh and delicious.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I mean? Just a lime going off a wet head. I'm like, oh, I want to be on holiday. You really do love food. But that's your takeaway in that moment? Is that lime? That's one of the sexiest moment on the Lime. Yeah, actually, maybe such that maybe I changed that to my sexy answers when the line bounces off the back of Pears Brosnan's head versus that fight.
Speaker 4: It's gorgeous hair and that lovely, gorgeous, gorgeous man, lovely juicy lime. What more good you ask for? Did you guys see it with your mum when you was a child of divorce.
Speaker 3: I think we had it on video. I think we had it on videotape.
Speaker 4: But no, we both we both absolutely love it and I think it's my favorite. It's my favorite Robin Williams joint. Is that controversial?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I think I haven't watched it since since it was out. What I'd have to give it a rewatch? Yeah? Have you been to see the music. Have you're taken your mum to the musical? In the No, I don't think that can hold up. Really, I mean, you really need Robin Williams in it, I think, and I don't think, as far as I'm aware, they haven't dedicated a whole song to the Lime. You don't know that they might have done fresh fresh Lime, weird weird head ah dear. What is the film that is as good or better than the book it is based on? Shining? Imagine?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd imagine you'll get this answer a lot as you do more of these episodes.
Speaker 3: But it's an honor to do this episode. I'm not going to do this with anyone in Okay, right well, Shining absolutely the Shining. I have read the book.
Speaker 4: It's good, obviously, Stephen King, I love Stephen King, but I think it's mainly the fuss he kicked up after the film came out that has met solidified my answer here, the fact that he's so blinded by what he did that he couldn't see that what Stanley Kubrick did was like a classic film.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's interesting that and he made his own mini series to prove it, which was dreadful.
Speaker 4: I remember watching it on Channel five because that's what it went out on, and they just, I mean, why is he sitting there going on We've got to put the bees back in.
Speaker 3: We've got to put some more bees in hedge animals. The hedges need to be more animals.
Speaker 4: I think surely you should be like, I've written a good book. It's a multimillion bestseller, like ed like Glutton. Yeah, and I would be happy if Stanley Kubrick wants to make my book and change some details.
Speaker 3: Do you think I have thought about this before? Edward the shining of it all? Because it's a bit like George Lucas with Star Wars, Like I can understand the ego problem of going it's my thing, you can't make it better, and then say it's better without me. I invented it, Like I feel sorry if it like I sort of get obviously this is the film is better. But I understand him finding that a difficult thing to get his head round, because he must be like, what, but I wrote it?
Speaker 4: But then you just need to take a breath and have a look around at the fifty other books you've written and just be like, I'll be all right, at least it isn't. The adaptations of it aren't as good as the book.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's listen, most of his stuff isn't as good as the book. That's the thing, most of them. Maybe that's what he wants. Maybe he's like, I love it when those films are terrible. Yeah, people go, yeah, we should have just read the book.
Speaker 4: That's that's why he had to make his own version that was significantly poorer than the book.
Speaker 3: I think, just so his his r Yeah. Well, the Green Mile, which is one of my favorite Stephen King books, The film is nearly nearly perfect adaptation of the book. Everything that's in the book is in the film except for the last page of the book, which is why it's one of my favorite books. And I'm like, oh, you missed out, Yeah, the last bit is that short? Is it a short story the Green Mile? Or is it? Now?
Speaker 4: It's a big one, big old point. Well obviously with it. The thing they leave out from the book is the thing they had to leave out where they will have sex with the girl, where all the kids, where all the kids have sex and stuff. Do you think he does that? Do you think he puts the scene in like that? To go like, yeah, good luck, goodluck adapting nap mate.
Speaker 3: Well after the shining, he's like, yeah, right, you think you can do better? Yeah, in Kubrick, make this scene work. No, it is so fun. Have you read it? I ain't read it. Yes, I have read it a couple of times. Actually I read it when I was quite young, and again had a massive impact on my brain. It's an absolutely fantastic book. It's a big it's a big old beast of a book. And I actually think the first Modern film did quite a good job of adapting it.
Speaker 4: I enjoyed. I enjoyed that that half of the of the two films. Yeah, but no, I think he you know that, I understand. I understand that feeling of being like, but it's my thing. And now you're saying you've made a better film. But you know, he took the spirit of it and you know, and did some other stuff with it. I would be Stanley Kubrick. You've got you've got to be overjoyed with that, surely.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I'm not saying I'm just saying I have empathy. I'm sure it must be difficult to have everyone go he's better, did the better version? Of your thing? Yeah, how does the author of ted Lasso feel? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Stephen wrote the original ted Lasso, didn't he.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's pretty pissed off because it is when there's a lot more kids are backing. What is your favorite score to a film composed not songs?
Speaker 4: See we're getting now, we're getting into the realms of wankiness here, Brett with these questions. This is an Ishkumar question. I don't know if it counts as a score, but I listened to it a lot. Is the eighth grade? Is Ana Meredith's eighth grade? Eighth grade? And they're not songs, they are scores. She's a classical composer. Yeah, that's a score.
Speaker 3: That's a score. I love it.
Speaker 4: I think it's absolutely brilliant. I mean I listened to I think it's Nautilus, which is the track that plays when she's getting into the swimming pool.
Speaker 3: I listened to that a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's the most anxiety inducing music, but it feels heavier than even the most disgusting metal that I listened to. And it's just constantly ratressing up the tension and just until you can't believe it, and then it just sort of lets you hang there.
Speaker 3: But I love the whole that the whole.
Speaker 4: Of the score for the film I think is fantastic and very moody and really takes you there. I think it would be a very different film without that score.
Speaker 3: Good answer. Thanks, What is your favorite single set piece from a film that isn't a classic? Now, how are we defining set piece? Brett? Sorry, to test the format more. What we're saying is, for example, a sequence a seat, could be a scene, could be a moment, could be a thing that happens in a film. But instead of going like, oh, you know the ending of cast a Blank, cast Bank is a classic, I'm saying a film that might not be might have dodgy bits. It isn't a perfect film, but there's a sequence in it where you're like, I love that scene so much. That is a classical timer. Well, you might like this film a lot, but die hard for the car going into the helicopter. Yeah, when he shoots down helicopter with a car. Yeah, when the car drives up and it smashes into the police. Yeah, come on, he uses the car as a bullet. Yeah, it's pretty good. You don't need anything else in the film as far as I'm concerned, though. I think you're right.
Speaker 4: There are there are films that I don't think necessarily landed the ending or you know, I wasn't particularly engaged with the film as a whole, but that are entirely set pieces. So like free Fire, the Ben Weekly film free Fire, which is just one big set piece, really, isn't it. Yeah, And I really enjoyed the set piece nature of it, but I couldn't tell you anything about the plot or whether I actually enjoyed it or not.
Speaker 3: I liked all the shooting, then I think you like the film. I like the film.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But all the john Wick films are basically one big set piece as well, aren't they.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, you could do you miss an impossible as a series of set pieces.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But I'm gonna I'm going to say, I'm going to say die Hard for car into the helicopter when he could driving a car into a helicopter.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I just think now, to come up with a new action movie set piece like that is pretty incredible because it sort of it feels like everything's been done and obviously Cruises pushed the boundaries of every mission impossible. But I just think car into a helicopter. Yes please, Yeah, that's a.
Speaker 3: Really perfect answer actually, because diod four is not a perfect film. Yeah, it's fine. I enjoyed it, but that moment, yeah yeah, yeah, but that moment in particular die Hard. What's the fifth one called Diehard for a day? Die Hard? Diehard? We're still here? What's it called? Look out with die Hard? Die Hard? Old? No, die Hard on? What's it called die Hard?
Speaker 4: I've I've died Hard again? Die Hard for is die Hard die free or something like that?
Speaker 3: Isn't it? I had four point that one. Oh, it's a good day to die Hard, that's it? Yeah, yeah, yeah, that one I've got issues with. I really well, there's a scene in a Good Day to die Hard. I think he's in Russia where he quite early on sort of has to get a car and he sort of pulls a gun like on the motorway. That's sort of stands in front of the car and pulls a gun. So a car immediately breaks and the guy shouts at him in Russian scared. Bruce Willis goes, do you think I understand you? And kicks him and it gets in the car and I was like, oh, I feel like you're the bad guy in this film. You're in this man's country. You're you're visiting.
Speaker 4: Learn some basic phrases before you before your car jack in another country.
Speaker 3: Right, the poor guy, he's just driving his car. Suddenly you forgot I understand you. No, I don't. I don't know anything. I've just I've just been driving along, mind abound business and you've pulled a gun on me.
Speaker 4: Say spasiba, when do you take the car or something like that. Yeah, just just a little bit of manners. I think a good day that I had worked for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh, ped planballs, Peddy, Peddy, Peddy, What joy you would be. However, I've decided to send you back to Earth as a cat, a cat called pig that you will spend three years looking after until you're you die in an accident where you feel very slowly down a hill over and over and over and over and over it. Yeah, I was a bouncing off stuff until you die. This is fucking great, by the way. And then you know, Charlie will take over your your lady wife and hopefully she won't body slam you as a cat and your ly lovely food, and I'll come around as a cat and we'll have cat did the parties and we'll have a lovely time. But before that happens, can you pick one film that you will show your new cat friends when you begin your new existence? Says pick the cat. Thank you. So that's interesting. So now I've got to pick a film that will get me cat friends. Yeah, you'll come into it, but you get one DVD on your back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well there's only one choice that if I'm showing it's a cat's Dog Tooth and the cats are going to watch Dog Tooths.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, you're really freaking out the new cats. H new cats fucking weird. Well that's how I'll know which one I can be friends with if they enjoyed If they enjoy Dog Tooth as a film, but go, that's a bit weird.
Speaker 4: It's made me feel a bit weird. I'll be like, I can be friends with you as a cat. If they're like I thought that was rubbish, I'll be like, not gonna be friends with you. And if they were like, oh oh I love that, Yeah that was that was sexy, then I should be friends with them. Yeah that's good. Yeah, very smart.
Speaker 3: Is there anything else you'd like to tell us about films that you haven't mentioned. I don't think so. I mean I do, I like I like films.
Speaker 4: I'd say you're one of the only people I talked to about films and if I that's true, Yeah, I think so, because you will text me because you're very You're you're like a cast is about music in that you know you have a good understanding of people's film tastes. So you're like a film. You're a film, Samelie. So you will when you see a film you think one of your friends will enjoy your message them and say you should see that. It's up your street. And you're You're always right. So the Beast is on next on my list. It's really good because Samelio Brett has told me.
Speaker 3: Ped Brambles tell us what to do next. We should read your book now at your multi billion pound but.
Speaker 4: Flatten Flatten the multi course life is a very greedy boy. It's out in paper.
Speaker 3: About food life. Yeah, my live's mentioned, but only through food as a vehicle. Well, your life is the cracker you use so that we can eat cavea. Yeah, absolutely, I thought you were going cheese there. No, I'm trying to sort of sound like some of you understand speos.
Speaker 4: Crackers and caveat ritz crackers, right, I guess you could. Yeah, pringles pringles with Cavio before you don't mind really food, I love it. And you're on tour with your yes, Hot Diggity Cucumber, Hot Diggidy Cucumber, Hot Diggidy Dog ontour in the UK for a bit more, then back on tour in the UK in September, and then maybe some more far flung places next year.
Speaker 1: Five.
Speaker 3: For those of you who missed the story, I did see this in America because it was the headline on the New York Times. Your poster is you eating a hot dog, but the London Underground didn't like you having a sausage, so they gave you a cucumber. Is that what happened? Well, it's sort of.
Speaker 4: They aren't allowed to put pictures of fast food on the London Underground network. They have restrictions in place for that, so our poster was turned down. So I redesigned it what got a Man Too and put a cucumber there instead of a hot dog And they were fine with that and popped it up.
Speaker 3: But it's still called Hot Diggity Dog. Yeah, and I still had ketchup and mustard all over my face. The poster made less sense, but you know, at least we got it up there. I think it sales increased, if anything, once you added a cucumber. That's true, Eddie Peddie Pambles. Thank you, Thank you, Brett. I love you. I love you too. If I come up with a fifth version, it will be such an honor for you to come back. I cannot wait to receive this order. Thank you, Brett. Good day to you. Goodbye.
Speaker 2: So that was episode three hundred and six. Head over to patreon dot com slash Brett Goldstein for the extra chat, secrets and video with Ed. Thank you so much to Ed for giving us his time. Thanks to Scrubi's PIP and the Distraction Pieces Network. Thanks to Buddy Piece that's me. I'm the best. Wait, Brett wrote that I'm not saying that, but Brett also wrote this, and he is saying that I'm the best. I E Buddy Buddy is the best for producing it and doing the intro in the outro.
Speaker 1: Oh boy.
Speaker 2: Thanks to iHeartMedia and Will Ferrell's Big Money Players Network for hosting it. Thanks to Adam Richardson for the graphics and Lisalidin for the photos. Brett will be back fully next week for another right smasher of an episode, but that is it for now.
Speaker 3: Have a lovely week.
Speaker 1: Be excellent to each others.
Speaker 3: Back back by the back backs out sids a constant by the back backs outcasts, back back back backs outs back back