Speaker 1: Wind Down with Janet Kramer and I'm Heart Radio Podcast.
Speaker 2: Oh hey kat oh Hi, Hi, how's la. It's really gloomy?
Speaker 3: Oh is it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because like June gloom Oh yeah. So I packed like sun dresses and baiting suits, did not look at the weather before I came. And it's been like the high of sixty five.
Speaker 4: Oh wow.
Speaker 2: But it's been so great though. Filming has been really fun and the kids are having a blast, like so much fun. And then after today we're going to hit up Universal. We're gonna with Aquarium tomorrow and then yeah, and then we say our goodbyes and then I head off to the middle.
Speaker 4: Of nowhere and they'll go home and you go, ye yeah.
Speaker 2: Because they've they've got a time with their daddy beach Tuck. Yeah, so they'll have fun. So it's been a great it's been a great time. Yeah. And I only almost puked one sunset.
Speaker 4: Hey, that's not bad.
Speaker 2: I was like, I need cheese and they're like ooh, because I was like, I just have one small request, like can we just get to have like some string cheese on set? And they're like, yeah, no problem. And then I asked for cheese and they're like, oh, the crew ate it and I was like, it's been so fun. Yeah, it's been really fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah I'm so glad. So that's good.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, wait no, not stop right now. I need to hear about the Bahamas and the Nick day. I need to know everything. What happened? Did you give it to him? Tell me?
Speaker 4: Now? Okay, Well it was great. It's great vacation.
Speaker 5: It's kind of anything but relaxing at Atlantis, just because it's a lot of walking.
Speaker 2: Well, it's also kids. It's like a family vacation isn't truly relaxing exactly.
Speaker 5: So it's like the water park. All that was all great, but he gets his day.
Speaker 4: Okay. I mean a lot of days I was just like whatever y'all want to do.
Speaker 5: I didn't really care because it was like beachpool, water park, whatever. But this one day I was like, okay, you get your day, Like what do you want to do? And he was like, I want to go into town. He's like I just like want to go and like see like get regular clothes on and just like go to town.
Speaker 4: I'm like okay, great.
Speaker 5: So he goes up front to the thing and he's like, where would be a good place to go, and they're like, well, here's.
Speaker 4: Like our downtown spot. Go there. He's like all right, So we get in a cab.
Speaker 5: We go, and you know, he's got like a certain amount of cash on him. You know, it's like forty bucks to get like two minutes away, and then he's got a certain amount of cash he's going to give the kids to spend.
Speaker 4: While we're there.
Speaker 5: Well, we get there. It's the most touristy spot ever because all the ships, all of the cruises right shop thing. So first of all, he hates crowds. He doesn't really love being around a lot of people. So anyway, so we get there, it's really hot. We find this straw market, which is like his version of hell because it was literally like ever, like a hundred three hundred people selling things, so like the kids are something, every little thing, wanting to buy everything.
Speaker 4: Anyway, it ended up being like probably one of the worst.
Speaker 2: Us So lesson, don't give your husband then to pick a day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so the next day I was like, what do you want to do? He's like, I make bad decisions.
Speaker 2: Just side just pick guess who just walked in?
Speaker 1: Who Mark Hi?
Speaker 3: Here is.
Speaker 1: Hikin? How are you.
Speaker 4: I'm jealous.
Speaker 5: I'm good.
Speaker 4: I wish I was there.
Speaker 1: I was I thought you might be, and I'm sad that you're not.
Speaker 2: Oh, and here comes Katy.
Speaker 1: Oh to talk.
Speaker 4: I have a bone to pick with you in a minute, but let's let's talk to you. Oh.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 6: Hi, Mom, guys, she's here. We got a girl. A lot can happen between Wine Down episodes.
Speaker 2: Yes, thankyo. How are you feeling?
Speaker 6: I feel good. I mean the fact that I know what day and time it is makes me feel like I might be winning.
Speaker 2: Sweet. This is Baby's first podcast those delivering Everything went good.
Speaker 6: Yes, it went really well. I mean hashtag blessed because it can be crazier. But I labored a lot longer with her than I did with the other two. So it just my body is really hurting still, which is I feels so lucky. I've bounced back pretty quickly with the other two and this one I'm definitely having to like pay close attention and list in my body. But it's probably meant to be that way anyways, because that's what you're supposed to do. Well.
Speaker 2: Apparently Catherine has a bone to pick with us, so.
Speaker 4: Maybe probably does.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, why am I out?
Speaker 6: Well, you're actually out because you've been a really loyal.
Speaker 2: Oh because I didn't say the name.
Speaker 4: You told her not to tell?
Speaker 2: No, No, I just actually didn't.
Speaker 6: This is the first time I counted on her telling and she didn't tell.
Speaker 4: What's the date? June fourteenth?
Speaker 5: Okay, so about the thirteenth, I was like, man, like, there's no way she's still pregnant. I heard nothing. No one said a word. So I like, send her a little message on Instagram. I'm like, are you still pregnant? And then in the middle of the night, she was like, Jane didn't tell you.
Speaker 4: It's like all the stuff.
Speaker 6: Listen that cat's not even like how are you or how are you feeling? She's like, are you still pregnant? What's happening?
Speaker 4: I knew nothing.
Speaker 2: Here's the deal. I thought you would just text Queendom and be like, she's here, so that's your thing to tell. So you know, I guess.
Speaker 6: Now we are making big progress.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 6: Let me agree.
Speaker 4: She was like, Jana really didn't tell you.
Speaker 5: I was like, do I seem like someone that knew that you had a baby in like any of the information?
Speaker 4: No, she did not tell me.
Speaker 2: Well, Hey, so KB Mark's here in the in the in the house.
Speaker 1: Hi, congratulations, that's beautiful. What are we allowed to know? Can I know her name?
Speaker 6: Your podcast? Grand baby Mark?
Speaker 1: That's weird. It's getting into a weird The metaphor is.
Speaker 6: Getting a little to podcast dad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, I get that.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 1: I do understand it. It's just getting weird. Yeah, what these.
Speaker 4: People already think it's a little weird.
Speaker 1: What is her name? Can I know that? Or No?
Speaker 6: Her name is Lion l I O N Wow. We went for it. Yeah, and middle name is Lockhart, little Lion Lockhart.
Speaker 1: Lockhart's a family name.
Speaker 6: It is not. It actually comes from this trip we took to Paris in August. Last year was just a harder year on marriage for us, and we took this trip to Paris and we did the lock Bridge and we threw away the key and we've just been really like working super hard. So we felt like she is the redemption story for a lot of that. So she just carries a big meaning.
Speaker 1: Lion Lockhart is a hell of a name, if.
Speaker 6: I may say, I mean, it's it's badass.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is.
Speaker 2: She's going to be a singer or something in lights.
Speaker 6: Yeah, watch this one, watch this one. Be like you know what, I think, I'm just going to be a dola, a doctor, so legend sweet, like we give her this name. That's like like just be like the sweetest thing on the base of the planet.
Speaker 2: But it well, there's a lot of babies happening. Mark just saw Mark here. Check out the baby.
Speaker 1: Wow a look at that. Wow.
Speaker 6: That third one comes in hot, doesn't.
Speaker 1: It's coming in so hot, all right, because the body's like, oh, we get this, we know how this works. Bam.
Speaker 2: I have a question for you. Oh please, when you were doing did you know it all?
Speaker 1: I knew nothing, really, no, I knew nothing.
Speaker 2: So like when I got engaged, really she's probably pregnant.
Speaker 1: No I didn't. I mean I know. I mean when you were saying announcements and we were brainstorming, that was pregnancy was an option that came up. You said engagement. I think, okay, well that was it. I didn't think there was a double whammy, double whams?
Speaker 2: How I do it?
Speaker 1: Yeah it is?
Speaker 2: Don't you call it?
Speaker 3: Good by?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Thank you you too?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 1: Thank you? No, you look great, thank you. It's great to see you. It's been years. I think since we've seen each other. Yes, yeah, you look fantastic.
Speaker 6: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, all.
Speaker 2: Right, we'll get to have far longer, you know, sixteen seventeen. Well when this air seventeen.
Speaker 6: Yeh that's crazy. Yeah so fast?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it doesn't feel that way. But I'm like, can I just stop being nauseous? Please?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Is this a rough one?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Have they all been rough?
Speaker 4: Yep?
Speaker 1: Just kind of your thing we.
Speaker 6: Just did going back?
Speaker 2: No, we are done and we're done.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think you can say that.
Speaker 2: Oh with this?
Speaker 3: Yeah done?
Speaker 2: This is it one, like gazillion percent. I got my boob thinking I was done a year two.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying you thought you were done? Then you think you're done now you might not be done.
Speaker 2: No, No, I'm like take every organ out you possably can when you're in there?
Speaker 1: Is he gett?
Speaker 2: No, I'm having heard all done? Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh I guess that's final. That isn't it?
Speaker 2: It's final?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Because I always say delivery Yeah, tye, whatever you got because kat you didn't do that, did you.
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: She gave me that option and I didn't.
Speaker 2: And I'm glad because she gave me the option too. With the last one, and I'm like, no, I think I want to. I don't want to, even though that's when I made Mic make do the snip snip, Yes, and then remember I changed my mind like the day he got it snipped.
Speaker 1: Remember that about.
Speaker 2: Well burn, KB.
Speaker 6: I'm always good for a mic burn, you know I do. Actually you're the only one that can. Oh that's exciting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so this is it.
Speaker 2: This is one million percent.
Speaker 1: But you're not enjoying it. It's rough. You'll enjoy it, I know in the other end, but right now you have a hard time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know you want to check in about five days because I think you're also going to be like, this is it at five days postpartum too? I think it's going to stay consistent.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh no, this is very consistent.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the third baby is really something that.
Speaker 2: Are But I'm very excited. I'm very happy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with all of your decisions, you're happy.
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 1: Oh good, I'm glad. Then if you're happy, I'm happy.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 7: I have a quick question. Oh, come on, this is this is Easton by the way, long time listener, first and call it? Are we going to be doing a podcast through the delivery of this child.
Speaker 2: Absolutely not, no one percent? Are you kidding me? That was the most embarrassing moment of my life hearing that bad thing.
Speaker 6: I would like to advocate for this, like I'd like to be the one that says we should do that, should what we should podcast through it? I'm dying?
Speaker 3: Am I dying?
Speaker 6: The world?
Speaker 4: Does theave me one more?
Speaker 6: I can't feel my legs and so we know this is the last one.
Speaker 4: I can't do it again.
Speaker 2: No, I've traumatized people to now not have kids because of my delivery on podcasts. Why did I do that? I did too many stupid things.
Speaker 1: Don't I love that say that, Yes, you're all in on this podcast. We have nothing but respect from your producers. I mean, how cool that is all in on a podcast.
Speaker 2: I mean, I just feel like it's going to be the same thing. I'm going to have a panic attack. I can't feel my legs, you know, like screaming, crying, knock me out.
Speaker 1: We do a lot of podcasts here, and it's like pulling teeth to get them to even sit down and record it. Sometimes when you're like bring the mic, bring the microphone, Easton, come to the hospital. You were like let's go. Let's go. And that's so great, and I think your listeners appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Well, let's do it. Thing, twist my arm, let's do it.
Speaker 6: I think this is why my baby waited till you were out of town, because I think she knew she was going to be on the pods.
Speaker 2: One million percent. And you know that I most likely would have had like a hidden camera, like I would have had something strapped on me to be like, hey, Gabe, how are you feeling?
Speaker 6: How are you feeling? Speak louder right here?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Maybe I am, though, gonna see if remember that I have not a therapist we've had on before, Grace. I'm going to see if she can hypnotize me to not freak out during my c section. So I have a I have a thing with her in July, so I'm going to try and work on because I got just again. The feeling of not feeling my legs gives me such anxiety.
Speaker 1: Oh, I can't even imagine that. Plus they're slicing into you. I think it's all high anxiety.
Speaker 3: Shane Saw.
Speaker 1: I know I'm helping, but I think I'm trying to empathize. I think she's I would have this anxiety too, is what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 6: Yeah, take hey you guys, so Mark is take off.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: It was funny because I told my doctor, I go, and you're gonna have to knock me out again. I go the last you knocked me out the first one second one Jay had to knock me out too because I was just very like what happening? And then that's when because the moment I can't feel my legs, I will freak out and then when I and then the baby's on then I then I kind of remember both kids on me, and then then I remember freaking out again begging for more's an X because I couldn't feel my legs and they're like, no.
Speaker 4: Did they just give you like drugs or do they actually knock you out?
Speaker 2: They didn't act. I mean, I was like I was awake, but like loopy okay, yeah, but I would like to personally be knocked out there with you. Is that bad that I want to be like I would like to go under?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, good go.
Speaker 6: This is very la. I'm not I don't like this.
Speaker 2: Well, They're like, don't you want to? Like you know, I was like, I'll I'll see her for him right.
Speaker 1: After a lot for the next twenty years.
Speaker 2: I want to do this.
Speaker 1: My wife got the epidural. Yeah, and it didn't take. It was a it was a trainee being taught by the veteran to He's like, here's how you do it, and they like, you know, it's a teaching hospital or whatever. I don't want to say the name of the hospital, but it rhymes with Schmeiser Schmermanente. But so they stuck it in and she's like, gosh, I strimmed in a lot of pain for a long time then to come and redo it all over again, and oh it was it was just a bad deal. No, yeah, she felt every bit of that with our first one, who's now starting her senior year in high school.
Speaker 2: Wow, yeahs her anxiety.
Speaker 1: You know what, it's so much better. It's still it's still every every once in a while it's there, but it's better in the sense that she's in a better place. She's more but sure now. But we're so much better at seeing it coming and knowing what the triggers are and diverting and distracting, and we're so much better at that than we were. So yeah, it's really it's good. It's really good.
Speaker 2: I love it. This is great because I.
Speaker 1: Realized at a certain point that, you know, she's never had an anxiety attack when we weren't around. I feel like we were responsible for a lot of it.
Speaker 6: I want to put this on the things I wish my parents would say to me.
Speaker 1: Mark, Oh, well, I have said that to her, So I know.
Speaker 6: That's really wonderful and responsible, and just like that ownership is actually really beautiful.
Speaker 1: We just weren't we We would see the flame and we would just throw gasoline on it. Yeah, we were bad at that.
Speaker 2: And we're better at I mean, yeah, but you know that, and that's you know, but that's the same thing you Like. I remember with Jace, I was like, what it is like, just put the shirt on because of the SPD. I'm like, I didn't understand that the tags were ching him in this. I'm like, well, I don't understand. Just put your shirt on. Being calm and being like, all right, what shirt would you like? To hear, buddy pick it out? But takes a second.
Speaker 1: You don't know. You've never been through this. I never dealt with it, My wife never dealt with it. Ourselves we just didn't know what to do. Sure, now we do. No, you do, No, We're better.
Speaker 2: Oh, there you go, guys. Let's take a break and then we're gonna get Kendra Wilkinson on. All right, So we have Kendra Wilkinson coming on the show. She is on a show right now called Kendra Sells Hollywood Season two. It's out now on Max. You might know the name because she was one of Hugh Hefner's girlfriends and she was on the E television series The Girls next Door. Did you guys watch that?
Speaker 6: I was a loyal watcher and I watched Kendra on top.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I watched both of them too. I loved Kendra because she was just out of all the girls, she felt the most real to me.
Speaker 6: That's why I was like, it's weird because I'm not a big reality TV fan, but something about her was so real that I was like, Oh, I need her in my life. Yeah, she's very sweet. I have an instant care moment about Kendra Wilkinson.
Speaker 2: Oh, no, did you liked did he have like a Playboy magazine or over an x an ex lover? Have a Playboy magazine with Kendra on the front.
Speaker 6: No, it's my current husband. He did a music video with Kendra long before me. It was back when they were Low Cash Cowboys. But I remember likes.
Speaker 2: Is literally pulling up the picture right now.
Speaker 6: It's it's when the first time I ever googled my husband. I was like, let me just get like whatever dirt I can get on this guy. And she popped up and I was like, you gotta be freaking kidding me, Like, how does one date someone who's like been around someone like Kendra? Like Kendra's so cute and so fun and just the body.
Speaker 2: I mean, wait, what's the headline? Say Easton? Because I feel like it's a little juici here. Then uh oh, Kendra Wilson Kendrick Wilkinson clears up rumors about going topless and low Cash Cowboys video.
Speaker 6: So I just want to welcome everyone to my life.
Speaker 2: Wait, so she was topless in the video.
Speaker 6: I don't I didn't watch the whole vendeo, but now I feel like I need to go back.
Speaker 2: I don't think now's the time you're holding your baby's.
Speaker 4: It sounds like she wasn't topless.
Speaker 6: You're holding your baby, your postpartum and fragile. Let's not google that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Easton's gonna watch it, so we'll let you know. We'll give you the updates. In about two seconds, I'll report back. He's always needed, always got. I'm sure nothing Uncountry would have had anything topless anyways.
Speaker 6: Wow, they were low cash cowboys.
Speaker 7: I mean, I'm just kind of skimming it. It seems like she's wearing like a tank top for most of this. I think it's I think it's all good.
Speaker 6: They were in their Bachelor era. It's fine.
Speaker 2: I think it's I mean, yeah, because again, you didn't even know. Now if he was to do that something like that, now, what would you say.
Speaker 6: Oh that would not be happening now, No, ma'am nope, nope, times there changeing. We're all set there.
Speaker 2: So did you guys know about her relationship to with Hank? Yeah, her husband, Okay. In twenty fourteen, news broke that Hank Bassett had an affair with a transgender model while his wife was eight months pregnant. That's some PTSD stuff right there. So and then they did the show, right, they were already doing the show. Oh and then that's when she found out. Because I didn't I didn't really follow. I watched, I watched the play The Girl next Door. I didn't watch. I caught like an episode of two or two of The Girl on Top.
Speaker 6: So Kendra on Top was when they were married, and.
Speaker 5: I think it probably happened probably while they were.
Speaker 4: Filming the show.
Speaker 6: Hank was on the show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they were together on the show Kids and Everything for years, though, I mean it was several seasons, but I don't know like the whole timing of when it happened during the show.
Speaker 2: But well, we've got some questions we're going to ask her, So let's take one more break and then we'll Getkendra Wilkinson on. All right, Well, we're so excited to have Kendra on. And I was just pre chatting with the girls back home in Nashville. But basically what I was saying is, you know, I the reason I have always loved you and liked you, especially from the show that you were on on E was because, out of everyone, you've always seen like the most authentic person, like the only person I could really like relate to, and you're just you say it like it is. And the girls completely agreed. KB. Down there is guys, she loves you.
Speaker 3: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 6: Do you love you? I don't even like reality TV. I did a little tiny shorts and an MTV show and I kind of like left a taste in my mouth, and so I never reality TV until there was Kendra Wilkinson in my life and then I followed you on all the shows like you're just a fun chick.
Speaker 3: Oh thanks, and you know not, it's it is an authentic journey. So it's you know, some I've noticed fans will like me one year and hate me the other and come back another and you.
Speaker 6: Know it's, well, Janna knows nothing about that.
Speaker 2: Not at all. But it's interesting is you actually did a music video with her husband low cash cowboys.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, oh my no way.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Preston the one that was say a grand theft during the time was that's my.
Speaker 3: Husband, Oh my god, small world.
Speaker 6: Tiniest world, cutest blonde. I was just like I remember googling him for the first time and being like, oh great, like I can deal with a lot of history. But then I was like, this is a freaking video with Kendall, Like that does one even follow up?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that was a fun experience doing a country music video. I think I liked that more than a rap video. At the rap video, I was like country. I was just I could be very dirty and wild and wild in mud. I was rolling around and really was that the music video?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was thank you for saying in mud because for a minute, I was like, okay, alright, But then.
Speaker 3: I've been in nickelback video and that was the Actually low Cash was really fun. That was the Yeah, that was the main chick in that. But that was a fun experience. We flew out. I flew out to Nashville for that music video. I spent like a few weeks there and I just had the best time. It was so much fun. I spent my birthday there and I'm like, where's the moonshine? All I wanted was moonshine and it's like a thing, you know. So then we just got we we had just got done filming the music video rolling around in mud, and next thing you know, we had a nice, authentic bottle of moonshine. Good. Yeah, So when were you were you in the picture at that time or no?
Speaker 6: Tell me no, I wasn't think I think this is good. I'm getting nervous about where the story keeps going.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, no, trust me. I don't you said on my own brand, I don't go and dating or looking or anything that.
Speaker 1: Stuff like that.
Speaker 6: No, I love you. No, I was way after that. We've been married. We've been together for almost nine years. Oh cool, congratulations, had a little baby, our third baby last week. So we're really just like we're just really mom and daddying up over here off the road for a minute, which is nice.
Speaker 3: Congratulations.
Speaker 2: Do you still talk to the girl the girl's next door.
Speaker 3: No, No, we fell out of touch a long time ago.
Speaker 2: I feel like, was it just like too much, like too much of a sorority?
Speaker 3: Yeah? You know I was there from the ages of eighteen through twenty three, and can you remember those years? I mean it was like ateh.
Speaker 2: I got married, I got divorced, I met a guy for like a week and got married to Yeah. Like those ages, you're just yeah crazy.
Speaker 3: You're just kind of entering life not thinking, and you know, people are going to college, like you said, going to sororities. It was like the time I struggled as a teenager bad, badly, you know. So when I got invited to live at the Playboy Mansion, it was like, oh my god, I get to live here. Like and go crazy and party and just get what. Oh my god, I used up every minute of that place and just enjoy it and just partied my ass off, right, And that's what I was there for, nothing else, And so you know, if nobody was partying, I didn't really care who what else was going on? Sure, and I had boyfriends outside the mansion the whole thing, and.
Speaker 2: He half was totally fine with all that.
Speaker 3: I just did what the fuck I wanted to do.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 2: I think again, that's why people like you, because you just were like.
Speaker 6: Gender for president and saying it.
Speaker 3: I you know, I just did what I wanted to do, and I no one ever said anything.
Speaker 6: That's a cool experience though, too. I mean, like eighteen, I know it's like hard because it was documented, but like really incredible that you just like lived your life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a wild time. And you know, again, I struggled as a as a teenager.
Speaker 2: I what did you struggle with?
Speaker 3: Just oh my god, I was suicidal. I was in psych wards. I was like, you know, I quit selling cocaine at the age of fifteen. I was a runaway. I mean I had a really rough, rough teenage years, but I pulled myself out of it, got better, chose life, and next thing you know, I'm at the Playboy Mansion and it was it was it was fun for me too, and it was a safe place for me coming out of where I was. I mean, I was selling coke at the age of fifteen.
Speaker 2: You know, where did that come?
Speaker 4: Like that?
Speaker 2: Where did that stem from? Was that just? Was it the upbringing? Because I don't know much of your early upbringing. Life was that?
Speaker 3: I mean, it had no one's to blame for anything. Life just happens, you know. I just I'm like just.
Speaker 2: The crowder that you were.
Speaker 3: I didn't really blame anything. Like I'm a free spirit, and sometimes free spirits can can become lost souls. And I am It's either I'm a free spirit or I'm a lost soul in some and to this season of my of my show at Kendrisseall's Hollywood, I was battling both. I was a free spirit, lost soul, free you know. So you see a lot of emotions this season on my show because I didn't know who I was this year, I was like, God, what does God want for me? Like what? It was so hard to transition from how the world once knew me into a whole new world of real estate. So it was so hard to transition and change that because you at the end of the day, I don't care what people think, but what how people? You know, people weren't picking up that I was really doing real estate, and it really took a huge toll on me. They're like, oh, you're just that girl from that mansion. It was so bad and it's not okay that we do this to each other, like we you know, we have a right to grow out of phases and we have to support each other, like.
Speaker 2: Like, you shouldn't be typecasted in just the one thing, yeah, or the one headline or the one role or that, like you you know, you've found love for real estate. It's like you want to be taken serious.
Speaker 3: For yeah day totally. And you know, I'm known on one hand, I'm known to be a fun personality and a show biz expert, and now you're taking a fun while free spirited person and you're putting that personality into real estate now where it's professional and clean cut and you have to be an expert at everything you know, and I you know, so it takes a second from going from wild to professional and class and clean.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I'm balancing both worlds right now because sometimes, you know, I'm I'm who I am, and what you saw through all these years is real. It's just that now I have to, you know, in front of the world, clean it up and just really get serious in business. You know, I don't want to be just a personality anymore, and it's important for myself and my kids to you know, get this going and really enter the real business world.
Speaker 2: So why real estate too, Like, was that just something you've always loved or like, yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean I've always loved real estate, but it all happened when I found myself years out of work. I was struggling badly alone with two kids, and I had all these friends, but no one's gonna hold my hand and say, here you go, here's some money. So I'm like, I think I should start to figure out what I'm gonna do next. I had applications into colleges and stuff like that. I was looking into pharmaceutical sales. So TV never really influenced, you know, all these shows never really influenced my decision to do real estate. So people like to think that, but it is so far from the truth. I don't even want I don't not turn my TV on, right.
Speaker 2: Well, but I think it's cool though that you're showing on the show, you know, again, the real life. And then I mean, you know, we talked and you were just like I'm closing a deal today, like it's high stress, high anxiety, and you know, you're you're busting your butt, like this isn't just some like Okay, show up to set and like, let's pretend to sell this house. You're like no, no, I'm like, oh I am selling, and I'm oh, yeah, I feel like some of some of those shows, right, they're not like I've been told there's some fake deals.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: Well, all I know is I cannot fake sh right. I'm the worst actor ever. And so I said to the production, you know, I started Real Estate with no show, and the show asked me to do the show. And then it all came back, which was really exciting. So then we started to talk about it, me and the producers, and I'm like, you know, there's no way I can really fake this journey. I cannot celebrate something that's not real, or I can't cry over something that didn't happen. So I have to go through the real journey. So if I don't sell a house, that's the story. And I'm okay with that because I'm not here to fake sit right, so like, and I don't think that's beneficial in any way to inspire women, because a lot of women I know need a fresh start in their lives and they don't know how. And so I took one for the.
Speaker 2: Especially single moms too with kids. Single moms, Okay, I gotta.
Speaker 3: Support my kids exactly, And they spend their whole lives, they spend every inch of their energy putting into their marriages and their kids, and they lose track of time and they don't know how to, like, you know, get back out there and and and and put one for for themselves anymore. And so I took a risk, and I said, this is what I'm doing this for. You know, I could have easily gone in and said like, oh my god, I'm a celebrity in real estate. I'm like, no, you know what, I'm gonna play this real. And I hope to inspire women to know that it's okay to start something new at any age. You know, we are told by society, not told, but society pressure that we are too old to do something that I'm pissed at that. Dude, we gotta fight and and know it's a okay we It's okay for us to start something new and fail a few times. It's a part of it. And so that's what I'm doing. I'm showing that it's you know, that's that's the way it goes, I think, and because I know that I have what it takes to succeed. And I'm telling you, I wouldn't do that if I didn't know I had what it takes to succeed. I closed a deal today, Yeah you did, girl, and with everything, like the show is awesome and it's amazing, but you know, it's it's a part of it. It's important to be okay with knowing how to fall. And that's what I'm trying to show. I know I'm going to succeed, so it's okay to show the world that, like, wow, this is this, this is hard, and I suck right now. And I suck at this right now because guess what now everyone's going to be an expert over So it takes years. I mean I was just on KTLA this morning and I was being asked questions that like experts answer and I'm sitting here on the spot like, oh my god, how how am I going to answer this? How am I gonna answer? And I just you know, it takes so long to just talk. And so I'm very lucky that I'm very lucky. I'm very blessed that I have everything going on right now because I spent years on the ground in the dark end cave.
Speaker 2: But I think, I just think that's such such a good message too, because I know Catherine and Kristen, like we you know, we're all in our forties about to be and it's one of those things where it's like, well, I just I'm I'm past the point of like it's like, no, you're not like KB, go try something society to do what you want to do. Are you about to say something?
Speaker 5: Well, I was just gonna say with real estate, especially like did it take you a couple of years? Like was it hard to get clients? I mean, it's not just doesn't happen overnight, you know. I Mean it's like that's the other thing, like I know a lot of women in their forties. I have a lot of friends who are starting real estate now. But I think they get frustrated because it's like it's hard. I mean it's hard clients.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it in.
Speaker 4: A little while.
Speaker 3: It's hard. First of all, you really you have to you know, it's it's there's a lot of competition out there. You know, it's not so it's not a long time to go to school for real estate. You know, a lot of people can enter the real estate business. It's just a lot of competition out there. And every everyone knows like five people in real estate. So it's it's it's it you have to bring something to the table. You know, you have to do be yourself pretty much. Be yourself, you know, build relationships. Uh you know. And my first sale that you see on my show, this was was an amazing relationship. It started before the show, so it was authentic. Was a real relationship that happened before cameras came up and we were able to capture it on camera, but the relationship started off a camera and they were and they and the the mom, I know, she really genuinely just wanted to support me and my new business, and it was so incredible. So as as I'm moving forward and breaking down these walls and succeeding I'm going to be forming my own way as well. I'm going to be reaching my hand out to people that were in my shoes. I think it's so important, you know, we they're they're it's so important to to look at someone and be like, you know, I want to give you a chance. You know, I want to just offer you a chance because or we continue to give to one person, and you know, that's the economy. We have to support our neighbors, we have to support moms, you know, people that deserve a second chance, third chance, whatever. You know, in real estate, it's a good place to support other people. Yeah, you know, it's a good place to look at someone be like, you know what, I want to give you a chance. I want it's a good it's a good place to do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with you on that. I mean I don't I don't know the real estate market at all. But what again, what I love is that like you're showing the different side you're not just like it's not made up and you bring you know, when we were talking in the green room, like you have anxiety, and it's like that's things that people struggle with because again, like work is hard, the pressure of life is hard in kids and being a mom, Like, how do you like, how do you balance your anxiety?
Speaker 6: What do you do?
Speaker 2: Because we talk about anxiety a lot on the show because I've struggled with it for.
Speaker 3: Years, but you get it.
Speaker 2: What is like, what's your kind of what do you do to help you walk that path?
Speaker 3: Yeah? No, I battle with you know, anxiety depression big time, big time. I am alone with two kids. I don't like to stay I'm saying, because that at all the gates so and for men to come in out. I'm not really one.
Speaker 2: You're wanting to be single or just you okay right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just too Yeah, I just have too much on my plate right now to look at someone or you know whatever. But you know, I like to flirt. I still look I'm human whatever, But right now it's about right now, in my current phase, it's about myself and my kids. And you know, I did gain some weight during my birthday week this week, and I'm like happy, I feel good, I thank you, I feel good about doing that. I walked out of yoga yesterday. I'm like, you know what, this the first time in my entire life, I'm just too hot. I just want some cake, get me out of here. I walked down. I'm like, I guess this is thirty eight, like.
Speaker 2: A happy birthday. But do you feel that pressure to stay?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a lot of pressure for women period, just to well.
Speaker 2: I think it's what we were used to too, right Like what like, I'm sure like you've had a body type that you have been used to, right, so, but we're gonna get older.
Speaker 3: Things change, it does, but I'm entering that phase. I'm like, uh, you know, I am alone, I have no nothing, and so like it's I have I can only spend so much time doing certain things, and I have a whole TV show, I have a whole real estate career, I have two kids. I have so much happening on my plate that the last thing I think about is like being on a workout plan right now, it's so hard I can't.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna butcher this saying. But someone's saying, there's there's four different let's just call them h wells right where it's like health, there's family, there's work, and then there's there's one other. But like if you have to pick two of them, because only two can survive at the same time, like you can not all four And I'm like someone's telling me that on set the other day, and I'm like, well, but like can't you have like the health and the relationship and the work. But it's like, if you really want to be good at something, like you gotta like the only two things you can really pick from. Like, I don't like that.
Speaker 3: I think it's true. I believe that else we're spreading ourselves way too thin and we're not really being present. We can, we're capable of doing that, and more and more than any man can. We're capable of doing that women.
Speaker 2: We are.
Speaker 3: But to remain probably mentally like you know, stable and peace and mindful, I think that we can probably only accept two of those things. We can do those things.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, there we go. It's the four burner theory says, in order to be successful, you have to cut off one of your burners. In order to be really successful, you have to cut off too. So the first burner represents your family, the second burners your friends, the third burners your health, and the fourth burners your work. So when you look at it, you're like, well, health should be you should that should be a burner. And then it's like, but you got your family, but then you also have to work and then so that's like where it's hard.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: Oh, health is gone.
Speaker 4: I feel that so much. I'm like, that's why I don't have time for help.
Speaker 2: Who But I feel like that's what the problem is is in today's side, because like the mental illness is on like the skyrocket. So I'm like, that is what the burner should be the biggest focus on in order to then be good for the other burners around us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Unfortunately, like you know, we're in a probably survival survival times.
Speaker 2: And sure, I mean I get that. Like the other day, I'm set even this is a stupid example, but I'm like I was starting to feel nauseous and sick, so I'm like, oh crap, I haven't drank or eaten anything today, Like I gotta I have to like take care again. You're working, so then that burner's like burnt out, Catherine, I see you think it over there.
Speaker 5: Well, I was just I literally was thinking about, like you're really good, Jana at doing all of those, but you're right, when you're working, you'll just work through and not eat right, and that's not healthy either, you know, because it's like, let's just work through like we got work to do. We got so I think it is it's really hard to do them all extremely successfully.
Speaker 4: So I think it makes sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean, look, if you can if you can think, in my opinion, if you can think about eating one thing healthy a day, in my opinion right now, in my phase, that's good enough. So if I can get like a like right for instance, yesterday out I had the busiest day and I had some celery and I had some garlic whip from uh Whole Foods. And that's literally win it was. And honestly I just shoved in my mouth real quick and that was health, you know. And so some green juice if you can every now and then, and and if I could just walk, yeah.
Speaker 2: They say, Max, God, I'm gonna do this again East and you're gonna be googling this for me.
Speaker 3: Max.
Speaker 2: I can never pronounce his last name, leg Lagarve, Lagarve. He said, if you walk, I'm gonna again and butcher it. But he just posted about it in his Instagram, like if you walk thirty minutes four times a day, like what that does for not only like just your overall health and your mental like it's everything just thirty minutes.
Speaker 3: Well, i'll tell you. I'll tell you, Like you know, I didn't really I don't really open up a lot, but I will with you right now. I mean, I do open up. The whole show is about me being vomited open. I was really struggling for a long time after my divorce, Like and you know, we're great co parents, everything's really good. But I hit a huge depression. I couldn't even get out of bed. It was like four years of like do I have to wake up? What's what's today? I didn't have any work, I had nothing going on, so I'm like, okay, what can I do today? And I literally just started like I just need to just walk out that door right now, So like, come on, come on. It was so hard to even walk out my front door. That's how depressed I was. So I said, okay, come on, you can do this. Start walking. Okay, what's in the sky. Is there a bird? Yeah, there's a bird. Okay, come on, you can keep walking, keep walking. I was that depressed, that bad, and I finally start walking. Then I start walking up a hill. I'm like, oh my god, this feels so good. Start walking, climbing up the sill. I started kept going, kept going, kept going. Then I entered the top of the mountain and I took a look out and I'm like, oh my god, Okay, this is an accomplishment. That's all I had at that time, besides my two kids. That's how weak I was. And that day led to another walk. That day led me to walk into a real estate office.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, so what I mean? You just had to You had to get up, you know. And when you're in that divorced you know, it feels like your whole world. I means, there's like a death. It's just it's just everything that you thought you knew and you know, I don't know. I'm so glad to hear that you guys are on their side. I feel like I'm the same with my ex. But having that like that trauma of like the fairs, it's like it's really hard and trust is like, that's a that's.
Speaker 3: A well it was. I was so mad at myself for a long time. At the end of the day, it wasn't even him. I was like, why what did I do wrong? What did I do what? And I had to open up my whole life and existence. And I had to go really get into healing myself.
Speaker 2: Because it has nothing to do with you at the end of because I did the same thing. I was like, was I not pretty enough? Did I not do this? Or do you know why? Why? But it's like it's not about us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just you know, I know that, but I had to. It really had me open.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I spent years just in darkness because I was just what did I do? What happened? What what every day was like? I went back to re opening everything and and so you know, I just don't want to have to go through another phase like that. So I prevent myself from opening up to love again.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 2: See that's the piece where I'm like, but I can't.
Speaker 3: I'm happy for you, no, but I.
Speaker 2: Just like, you know, when you feel like you're on the other side of that, the healing and the you know, I know you said you do therapy and so but I still like, I would hate for you not to feel love again because I feel like everybody deserves love.
Speaker 3: I agree, I agree. I just I think that like I'm finding other things that i'm I'm interested in, and I think i'm you know, I don't think I'm ready to, you know, because I want to ask you. Here's a question for you. Go girl, now that you're in love again, do you feel like when you do you feel like you have to you're entering this, this, this love and this relationship. Do you always have do you have to have that part of your brain saying this this? What if this doesn't work?
Speaker 4: I think that change.
Speaker 2: So it's interestingly and Kat and KB know this, but like in the beginning, I'm like, well, but if it doesn't work, because it's that's a defense for me to go okay. My track record the men that I've dated, they mostly you know, the X, Y and Z, and so my defense was always right, Catherine, I'd be like, well, but if it doesn't work, like I'll be okay or or But now it's just like, I don't let that even come in. And I'm just like, I pray it works and I'm not gonna I'm not gonna bring in the like what ifs, because right now I'm just living in today and today I know he's loving, respectful man I've ever been with.
Speaker 3: That's amazing. I'm so happy for you.
Speaker 2: Anything else, I'm like, that's I don't even want to attract that, and it's like, yeah, it comes. I'll know what to do this time, and I'm healthier. It's not going to kill me like my divorce was trying to.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Oh well, I'm happy that you that you feel that good. It's really amazing.
Speaker 2: I just would never want to like turn off and be like just because my ex and all the stuff we went through. I I want to believe in the goodness yea, and the beauty and.
Speaker 3: Well you and you yourself is you are love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and my kids are love and your kids are love.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And so it's so the get you know, and it's just a bonus that you have a person in your life that probably loves you and accepts you for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And you know I have friends like that.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: You find it in different seasons and different Yeah, because I found it in my tribe girls over there.
Speaker 3: I just I'm just one. I'm so stubborn, and I just I'm not in the place to really compromise. So like all these opportunities that I have right.
Speaker 2: Now, all the burners, I got it. You got your kinder sells Hollywood, and you got your kids.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine like if I dated someone they're like, oh, can we go to go on a date night. I'm like, dude, I'm closing in a house right now, Like, you know, I don't have time to compromise on some dude right now.
Speaker 2: But we're gonna find you a businessman. Girl that doesn't, they'll bring the date night to you. Don't you snip your nose up at me with the businessman.
Speaker 6: We need to find you a brokeer sis.
Speaker 3: We have to be careful because you know, Oh, I on the season of the show Kendrisell's Hollywood, there's a scene where I was on the spot. There was a guy on the show this season, and it was really and it was really awkward because I really had to make a decision if I would go on a date with him or not. I'm like, so I agreed only for show purposes. I'm like, I agreed to go on a date with him for show, but then but then I never ended up going.
Speaker 2: It's okay, that's okay, your gut.
Speaker 6: You know, I know I've got babies anymore, you can you just you know when you know, and you know when you.
Speaker 2: Don't exactly, and we don't have time to go on bad dates. I remember when I was doing the Howkral Summer or whatever, I was just like I'd rather just be on the couch or hang with my the queendom, like then go on the date that I know it's not going to be anything. Well, Kendra, thank you so much for coming on. Everyone watch Kendra Sells Hollywood. Season two is out now on Max.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you so much.