Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Keetty Armstrong and Jettatie and now he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 2: And then she has two major rallies and concerts tonight, one in Pittsburgh, the other in Philadelphia, all centered on getting out the vote. We're talking about Lady Gaga, Katie Perry, Ricky Martin, the star power being used to hopefully energize folks for her campaign.
Speaker 3: That's funny how different that plays for different people, because Lady Gaga, Ricky Martin and whoever else energizes some people for Harris and some people for Trump. I mean, it makes me less likely than I would vote for Kamala Harris, not more.
Speaker 4: What an odds is politics? Say a couple of stray thoughts that I want to get to a really great think piece, but we we'll squeeze in whatever we can. This segment pan at the Squirrel, not this segment, no time, this hour, I think so yes, yeah, And the significance of the murder of Pean out the squirrel.
Speaker 1: Barton Swain said this, why did.
Speaker 4: Democrats nominate an unaccomplished San Francisco progressive with few political skills, for the same reason they favored harsh lockdowns during the pandemic, the same reason they refused to use force against America's enemies, an insane fear of risk nominating a presidential candidate by an open primaries risky Democrats did the safe thing a reminder that sometimes the safe thing is the dumbest risk of all, an insane aversion to risk, which reminds me of safetyism of a yieldcaf children, not letting your kids play in event games and run around. It is progressive America that is insanely risk averse.
Speaker 1: Well, something that's about.
Speaker 3: If she wins, which she might, it's gonna turn out to be a good idea. If she loses, people will be complaining about this for decades.
Speaker 1: Probably so Kim Strassel.
Speaker 4: One of the gentler yet telling putdowns of this election came from Tim Walls, who pronounced, the Republicans are.
Speaker 1: Weird, hilarious.
Speaker 4: You want to know it's weird, taxpayers, you've funded sex change surgeries for felons, attempts to regulate cow flatulence, the expectation that fewer police will mean less crime. The sixteen to nineteen project decriminalizing border crossings, boys competing in girls' sports, the word latins sizable majorities of Americans think all of this is nut, yet they remain staples of Democratic policy and rhetoric.
Speaker 1: That's weird.
Speaker 4: And finally, this highlighted this late in the show the other day. Wanted to get to it early. A California college with a big poster. Election anxiety is real. Votes are in and emotions are running high, grappling with disappoint but fear and confusion.
Speaker 1: We have twenty twenty four election.
Speaker 4: Brave spaces open, not safe spaces if you're so reduced to tears and trembling by an election, and we hold them every author here presidents every four years for the rest of your life. But if you're so devastated by it you need a brave space, you can go there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's part of it.
Speaker 3: Is the crowd that liked being scared of COVID because it gave you, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know what, some feeling of community something, Yeah, likes being.
Speaker 3: Think honest, I was talking about to somebody about this last night. I really believe there's a big chunk of America that would crawl over broken Glass to vote for Kamala Harris. But there's a place in the back of their mind they might not even acknowledge themselves. They're kind of hoping Trump wins because it'd be so fun to be angry and scared for the next four years and bond together over that.
Speaker 4: I guarantee you well, right, especially, and I think that's a great point. I haven't heard anybody say that, but I think you're right, especially because then you get to cosplay I have a brave revolutionary even though there's zero risk of anything bad happening.
Speaker 3: You're gonna tell me that wasn't kind of fun for you being the resistance during four years of Trump and every day texting your friends about the awful thing Trump did and how rough it is to be in America right now you love worshiping Adam Schiff, Whereas if Kabla wins tomorrow, I'm gonna go huh.
Speaker 1: I thought Trump was gonna win, and that's pretty much it.
Speaker 4: I mean, emotionally, yeah, I just pray the Senate is, you know, a Republican anyway. More on that to come at some point, but I thought that was funny. Kim Cress is from Christopher to Moose. Who is who is de Mouse? I think he's a distinguished fellow at the Heritage Foundation. But his piece is entitled how Congress unleashed the presidency by expanding government power beyond what they could handle. The lawmakers set the stage for the unnerving polarization of the twenty four election. And he goes into it and it's quite entertaining, but a little long. But you know, this election is nuts but rhetorically unhinged. But so is the eighteen hundred contest between Jefferson and Adams, framed by war, political violence, and sudden withdrawal of the incumbent, just like nineteen sixty eight Trump a convention defying redneck who claimed the last election was stolen from him Andrew Jackson. In eighteen twenty eight, Kamala Harris was nominated by party insiders without consulting the voters, which was everybody before the mid twentieth century.
Speaker 1: So why so crazy now?
Speaker 4: And he says, the collapse of common culture, moral confusion and ignorance among supposedly educated people, pervasive corruption and dishonesty in public life, the infestation of the woke mind virus throughout the institutions of education, media, culture, and commerce.
Speaker 1: They all play a role.
Speaker 4: But I'm going to quote now I have a more specific explanation. Add to the mix, the presidency has become much more powerful and less benign than it was designed to be. We've talked about this jack through the years, but in recent years the president has become lawmaker in chief, eclips in Congress. In many areas of arenas of national life, he employs his new powers unabashedly for partisan purposes. His traditional irreplaceable function as a head of state and national leader have fallen by the wayside in many areas, such as tax and foreign policy. Today's president is, as ever, both uniquely important and politically constrained. But in many other areas he makes policy on his own, so that this year's election, in determining who will be president for four years, will also determine whether to leave the southern border open, whether to restructure the power industry and phase out gas stoves and internal combustion automobiles, and whether to require schools to let boys who feel they are girls compete in girls' sports.
Speaker 1: I mean, how the hell is the president in charge of all of that? I don't know. It is a point we've made before, but it's still an act.
Speaker 3: One point, the reason we get so worked up is whoever gets chosen makes all these policy decisions, and.
Speaker 1: They didn't before period. I mean, that makes perfect sense.
Speaker 4: And he points out that he's just named a few issues and there are many, many more of them in the executive toolkit, in the pen and the phone and the.
Speaker 1: Rest of it.
Speaker 4: Little wonder that the presidential campaigns have become billion dollar enterprises devoted mainly to partisan in interest group mobilization rather than courting the political center. It's telling both sides have said democracy is itself at stake for choosing the president is now what makes our democracy mainly consists of Sorry I misread that, but both sides employee highly precise data communications that all to win the presidency. And then the final part I want to include because I was you know, I knew this but had forgotten it. We've arrived at these straits through fifty years of gradual political evolution as one incremental step led to another with little appreciation of where they are going.
Speaker 1: And he mentions that it.
Speaker 4: Was in the nineteen seventies, friends, not the eighteen seventies, the nineteen seventies that Congress created numerous executive branch agencies to deal with what he calls newly salient political issues. The EPA was commissioned invented in the seventies and now has awesome rule which is law making power and the power to punish. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the OSHA was born in the seventies, the Energy Department born in the seventies, the Education Department in the seventies, and many civil rights officers to adjudicate claims of discrimination. And these new offices possessed unprecedented power to issue sweeping national rules, often costing hundreds of millions of dollars a piece. Presidents noticed that they were getting the praise and blame for policies on which they weren't in the loop. They began to require agencies to submit rules to the White House omb the Office of Management and Budget, and they all rulemaking proposals would have to undergo a cost benefit analysis and then to make a long story slightly less long, the presidents realized, look, if these giant, sweeping powers of the executive are either bringing me credit or blame, I need to control them. And so now they do, and so yeah, the presidency is also electing like a third all powerful branch of Congress.
Speaker 3: Wow, how about all of those big agencies that control our lives that didn't even exist not that long ago, pre Disco, they didn't even exist.
Speaker 1: You know who?
Speaker 4: What president was was perhaps the second greatest force between giant, sprawling federal government after Fdr Nixon. Nixon was very soft on big controlling government. It was under his wife that a lot of that stuff got started. Carter ratified a lot of it, but Nixon was a big government guy.
Speaker 3: So some good stuff this hour, we're going to talk to Josh Rogan of the Washington Post, who's waving his arms and saying, hello, how compan he's no pain. Nobody's paying attention to the Chinese hacking into our telecom stuff.
Speaker 1: Hello, this is a really really big deal. And it is a big deal.
Speaker 4: Janned the squirrel heard around the world speaking of animal world who chewed on nuts.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to come down. There's got to be a hook here, got to be a hook.
Speaker 3: We got to talk about Panda eyes later. I almost hate too because it's so we got her though. I went on a deep dive on it last night, and it's just way way too.
Speaker 1: Wait h.
Speaker 4: We'll be plumbing the depths of crazy and stupid.
Speaker 1: Makes Pizzagate seem like, you know, real uh wow, all right, so all that on the way, stay with us.
Speaker 5: After the Dodgers won the World Series, Viole broke out in Los Angeles and a Nike store got looted. That is just disgusting. Yankee fans would never steal sporting goods unless it was during the game, right.
Speaker 1: Theah, yeah, exactly, that's a pretty good joke.
Speaker 4: So I in my flippings and clickings over the weekend, I became aware that a lot of people were posting memes having to do with a squirrel, and I was mystified by it and didn't know what to think of it. And then finally came across a good, solid explanation.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you're telling you this this story because I kept seeing the headlines.
Speaker 4: About Peanut the squirrel, and I'm going to share some of what the Wall Street Journal editorial board said about Peanut the squirrel.
Speaker 3: Wow, it rose to the level of the Wall Street Journal editorial board.
Speaker 1: I think it was their lead editorial on Sunday.
Speaker 4: Okay, anyway, New York can't keep the subways safe. The mentally ill attack random pedestrians on the street, and the Manhattan District Attorney won't prosecute many nonviolent crimes and some violent, But how's a pet squirrel and the state's bureaucrats will come down on you like you're a menace to society.
Speaker 1: That's what Mark Longo says happened to him.
Speaker 4: Several government agents descended on his Upstate home on Wednesday in a heavy handed raid. Mister Longo and his wife run a nonprofit animal rescue operation. Two of their animal charges, a raccoon named Fred and a squirrel named Peanut, were targeted by ever vigilant agents from the state Departments of Environmental Conservation and Health. Said mister Longo to The New York Post quote, they treated me like I was a terrorist. They treated this raid as if I was a drug dealer. They ransacked my house for five hours. They asked my wife, who's of German descent, what her immigration status is. They asked if I had cameras in my house. They wouldn't allow me to go to the bathroom without a police escort, who then checked the back of the toilet to see if I was hiding anything there. So mister Longo took in Peanut several seven years ago after the little baby squirrel's mother was killed. Peanuts becomes something of a star on Instagram, Facebook and TikTok. He publishes images of Peanut behaving more like a domesticated house pet than a rodent in the wild. But he took in a baby squirrel and has had it for seven years and turned it into an Instagram star.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly, in a pet.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, but the squirrel cops raid his house, turn it upside down for five hours, would and let him go to the bathroom, grilled his wife about our immigration status, which is illegal in that situation in New York. Then took the two animals and euthanized them. Oh wow, killed their pets allegedly to check for rabies after Peanut allegedly bit one of the raiding agents on the hand, but mister Longo says he saw no evidence of the bite and the agents were wearing heavy gloves.
Speaker 1: Well, and it wouldn't have bit the agents if they hadn't.
Speaker 4: Come in also, well right, yeah, And then the editorial board of one of the most important newspapers in the world concludes.
Speaker 1: With too bad for peanut.
Speaker 4: He didn't steal shelves worth of goods from a drug store. He'd already be back safely at home. And if you spend much time on Twitter, I refuse to call it X. You know that James Woods the actor is an active participant and writer, and I will not you know, I mock celebrities who think their opinions matter because they're celebrities. James Woods is a very bright guy who decided to maximize his earning it potential through acting clearly. So he's the right to have his opinions taken seriously in my mind.
Speaker 1: And he's an actual genius, right, isn't that part of his whole thing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's crazy, Bruce. He he's got whatever IQ that's his deal. But anyway, anyway, so he makes.
Speaker 4: The point on his Twitter feed and it was a bit long winded, but about how certain scientific discs goveries, though they seemed minor, upended the world of science. And he said, this brings me to my point. The oh, I'm trying to make the point that throughout history, the most minor anomalies are often windows into a completely different understanding of the world. This event where armed officers took a pet squirrel from an individual in New York opens a Pandora's box of the horrors of leftist tyranny. The facts of the incident are disturbing enough. An anonymous instigator over one thousand miles away reported a humble man who had rescued a wounded squirrel and made him a pet for years. The informer's motives in doing so can only be guessed, but the owner of the pet had made the horrific mistake in today's America of supporting conservative thought online.
Speaker 1: Oh, I didn't know that, aeah, And that's thought that. It's thought that.
Speaker 4: That is why people started reporting him to New York for housing a squirrel. A cadre of armed officers got a search warrant, rummaged through the man's property for five hours, illegally questions his wife about her immigration status, ultimately seizing the pet and killing it without giving the owner any recourse to save its life. Now, let's take a look at the universe in which this macabre, horrid, little leftist comedy took place. In a nation overrun by tens of millions of illegal aliens, tens of millions folks crushed by rampant crime and gang warfare, and during a thirty five trillion dollar deficit, sole crushing inflation, a culture of infanticide and child mutilation, sexual dysphoria and insanity, and waging illegal lawfare against candidates of another party. New York State spent a full day killing a squirrel that had been a harmless pet cherished by its owners for literally years. The event of itself was just an act of petty cruelty, but as a window in a larger universe, it's a fissure into the mantle of our world, signaling a cataclysmic eruption that may well end this nation.
Speaker 1: I don't know about that. God.
Speaker 3: I was going to use the example, maybe I'll talk about this later of when we were going to get into goat milk or goat soap and found out people who had been raided in this state of California for violating whatever, you know, crime everywhere, people doing all kinds of crime everywhere, but a whole bunch of state agencies will show up if you've got some illegal goat milk or something whatever.
Speaker 4: Good lad word free Josh Rogan on China next, really good, don't miss it Strong and Getty.
Speaker 6: This massive and pervasive hacking by China of US telecom companies is significant. Your colleague Mark Warner said, it's most significant breach he has ever seen in his entire time on the committee. Do you know if China has been able to access the audio of Americans phone calls?
Speaker 7: Well, I'm not going to comment on what the access, but I agree with Mark Warner's statement, it is an egregious, outrageous, and dangerous breach of our telecommunication systems across multiple companies. I'll leave it at that. I think as time goes on, we're going to learn more about it. Some of it will be made public. I think there's more that's still being gathered. It's a very serious situation that we face, and I think one that is quite threatening, maybe not directly to the election per se, but certainly to the national security of our country moving forward. It's a vulnerability that no one imagined or anticipated, but here it is.
Speaker 3: It's interesting that he put it in the context of the election.
Speaker 1: That is the problem. We're so focused on the election.
Speaker 3: This Giina Chinese hack of AT and T and Verizon, and again, as you just heard, there maybe the biggest hack that we've had in our nation's history. It's all being run through the prism of the election. Did they get anything on Trump or Harris that will affect the election? And blah blah blah, and otherwise ignoring the fact that Brennan asked at one point, were they actually listening to our phone calls of American citizens? And Mark Rubia said, well, I'm not going to comment on that.
Speaker 1: What what that seems like a big story.
Speaker 4: Josh Rogan wrote a terrific piece in The Washington Post about this. Josh is the columnist for the Global Opinion section of the Post, author of a terrific book, Chaos under Heaven Trump she in the Battle for the twenty first Century, among other things, and Josh joins us. Now, Josh, this seems like the all time champion great significance to little attention story of all time, or close to it.
Speaker 8: Right in any sane world, this would be the most important thing on the news right now. But the timing of the election is actually kind of unfortunate because it's overshadowing what one of my sources said is the biggest intelligence breach in US history. Wow, and answer that, Marco Ribo wanted to give but couldn't because it's classified information. But I'm going to tell you anyway, is that yes, they're listening to the audio real time phone calls and watching the text messages in real time of hundreds, if not thousands of American citizens. That they've been doing it for a year, and they're embedded in the telecom systems in a way that even our own intelligence community doesn't fully understand. They don't know how to get them out, they don't know if they can get them out. And this is a problem that's just so big and so hard to wrap your head around that the US companies don't want to talk about it because it's embarrassing. They don't have any answers, and if people really knew what was going on, they would freak out. And the bottom line is that the telecomps don't want to tell anybody either because it's their systems that got hacked. But I think what you heard from Warner and from Rubio in that clip is that this is real, This is big, and this is not going away.
Speaker 9: It's only going to get worse.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: So the Chinese have been into our biggest phone companies for a year, and they don't know how to get them out or if they can get them out.
Speaker 8: It's even worse than that, because they not only did they get are they into the phone companies, they got through in the system that the phone company is built for the FBI to do wire tapping on criminals and spies and people talking with criminals.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 9: FBI can only.
Speaker 8: Do that theoretically with a legal warrant, but the Chinese intelligence services don't care about that. So they have all the access maybe not only to our phones and to our text but also to all of the federal investigations that are underway and all the counter intelligence operations that are underway, which could be completely compromised everywhere around the world. And how you deal with that is a whole other problem.
Speaker 1: Boy, to say, this is devastating.
Speaker 4: I need to invent a new word to correctly convey the seriousness of this astounding catacly Well, that seems like a good word, And Josh, I hate to leap to the libertarian you know angle of this immediately, but the idea that the government and the phone companies assured us that no, these portals into your private communications will only be used for the most important of investigations and get very serious, very safe rather has has always been you know, exposed as a lie.
Speaker 8: Right, There'll be a time for the politics of all of this, but I have to agree that it proves that when you build back doors for the government into encrypted systems, things go wrong because those back doors are vulnerabilities, and they get the bad guys as well as the good guys can figure out how to get into them. And there's another political angle too, which is the PISO warrant issue, because if you're anywhere in Donald Trump's orbit, you have a thing against PISO warrants because they were used to spy on the Trump campaign in twenty sixteen, and that's the same system. It's not the same issue, but it's the same system. So there's a lot of crazy tangents that will come out of this. But the first thing is just for in my opinion, of Americans to know that they're vulnerable so that they could do something about it, so they can change their practices, and to the telecom community, and for the intelligence community to tell us what's going on, because that's what they're supposed to do.
Speaker 9: When something like this happened.
Speaker 3: What's your worst case scenario for what China could do with some of this information that they've gathered.
Speaker 8: Well, I mean again, I think the worst case scenario, hopefully that we won't see, is that they use it to interfere in our politics in a direct way.
Speaker 9: That's kind of what the Russians of the Irritians would do.
Speaker 8: What it seems more likely is that they'll just save it all and use it in intelligence ways for blackmail, disinformation, deep fakes, you know, collecting on any American they want for any time. So it's kind of like there's a lot of worst case scenarios, and you know, there's no way to sort of plan for all of them. But it seems that the primary worst case scenario, which is that our telecommunications networks are compromised, that's already here. That's a pretty bad case scenario.
Speaker 1: Already, right.
Speaker 4: I completely understand the concept of if they know all of our secrets, the worst case scenario is they will use them whenever they need to for the next one hundred years.
Speaker 1: But at the.
Speaker 4: Same time, I'm sorry, I'm just so flabbergasted by the notion that they have access to a great deal of our counter intelligence.
Speaker 1: I mean, that is just so disastrous.
Speaker 8: Right, So we have you know, not just counter intelligence criminal investigations, any wire tap or surveillance that the FBI or any other federal law enforcement is doing.
Speaker 9: Those records are kept somewhere. Now this is kind of a part we don't know, to be clear, we don't know if they have that.
Speaker 8: What we do know is that they, excuse me, collect already collected audio on for example, former President Trump, jd Vance, Jared Kushner, Eric Trump, members of the Harris campaign, congressional staffers for Chuck Schumer, leading US business leaders, leading US government officials.
Speaker 9: We don't know their names.
Speaker 8: So those are the people they've already spied on and already have got stuff on. And the list keeps growing every day the FBI finds out more people, and eventually you have to think like, oh, maybe we should tell those people, right, And the FBI has been reluctant to do that because once they tell these people, these people tell other people, and all of a sudden, people like me start to figure out what's going on, and then I'm like, oh, I got to tell the country, you know. But you know, eventually there's this problem where people are getting spied on. They need to know it okay. And if the government doesn't want to tell us because they're embarrassed about it, that's that's its own problem.
Speaker 4: You know, the mar Josh Rogan Global Opinions come lists or the Washington Posters online Chack go ahead.
Speaker 1: And the more I think about it, it makes such sense.
Speaker 3: I mean, it is small ball for Shi or whoever makes these decisions to try to affect the election.
Speaker 1: He's thinking bigger than that.
Speaker 3: I mean, he wants to influence policy on a major level, or understand it ahead of time or whatever over whoever ends up in the administration, maybe for years to come. So yeah, just you know, nudging the election one where or another's probably small compared to their thoughts.
Speaker 9: Well, that's right.
Speaker 8: They'd rather preserve it for let's say, hypothetically, China invades Taiwan and then we try to do something about it, and then they shut down our telecomsystem. Not to mention whatever else they're in, because this is just a piece of the puzzle. The Chinese are also into our energy systems and our manufacturing and construction systems, and you know, our internet service providers. Do you imagine that's a pretty big deterrent for us getting involved to try to save Taiwan. If they're like, oh, we're just going to shut off your internet and your phones and then we're going to see what's what you know, So, yeah, they have their own interest. So it's also not clear that the Chinese have a clear preference between Harris and Trump. The Russians want Harris, I'm sorry, the Russians want Trump, the Ranis want Harris.
Speaker 9: The Chinese can play it either way. So they're preparing for both scenarios.
Speaker 8: That's why they're spying on both camps because they want.
Speaker 9: To be ready either way.
Speaker 4: Right, And it occurs to me that you know, given the openness of our democratic system and the fact that the legislature weighs in on so many of the important policies and topics visvr relationship with China going forward for the next twenty years, you know, decoupling the economies, the farm, big pharma, you know, tech, military technologies, chips, just all of it.
Speaker 1: All of that is going.
Speaker 4: To go through the legislative process. And if they can bring pressure to bear on one point six million people who they have dossiers on having just talked to their lover on the cell phone or texting their booky or whatever. I mean, they are going to exert that pressure wherever they can. Oh my god, what a what a what a situation.
Speaker 9: It's really bad.
Speaker 3: You have got to be I mean, this is the reason of your piece. Just shocked that it's not getting more attention than it is.
Speaker 8: Well, you know, I think, to be honest, guys, this is why people inside the system brought this story to me. One of them said, because they're taking a risk by you know, telling me a lot of the classified information knowing that I'm going to tell the world, because they thought it was that important. One of them said to me, listen, Josh, this is bigger than the election, and we can't afford to let this get caught up in policy and you know, again sort of the blame game and how it's going to affect privacy and how it's going to you know, the debate over Faise and the Russia Gate or whatever. My sore said to me, listen, that's not but that's not the most important thing right now. The people need to know because the response has to have a fire lit under it, because the telecom companies and the FBI and the intelligence community are bearing this thing now, are they burying it because.
Speaker 9: Of the election.
Speaker 8: Know, they're probably bearing it because they don't know what they're do. You know, they don't know what to do, you know, And it's it's really, it's just such a huge problem that you know, people are going to get freaked out, but better than they get freaked out by the truth and not. And I don't see any reason to wait election or no election to tell people that they're at risk.
Speaker 1: Did I just have an acid flashback?
Speaker 4: Or did your source say to you, Josh, this is bigger than the election.
Speaker 9: That's a direct quote, you know, bigger than the election.
Speaker 3: Okay, and good well, you're you're gonna be the Woodward and Bernstein of this story. Then we will keep an eye on your column and uh, you know, and your Twitter feed on this one, because this has got legs.
Speaker 1: I'm sure. Oh my goodness.
Speaker 8: I'll let you know when I get another piece of it, because this is gonna get worse.
Speaker 9: BEFO is better.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 4: We have a link to Josh's whole piece at the top of hot Links Armstrong and getty dot com. Josh always enlightening in a pleasure. Thanks a million, good day. We are so Jack, just real quick. I'm looking at the top of the most red opinion pieces in the uh the waffhole right now. Number one, who's going to win on election Day? Here are eight columnist predictions. Number two, women can send Trump packing? Number three can you guess who people will vote for? Try this quiz? Number four? If Trump loses Pennsylvania, he'll have no one to blame but himself. Fifth, it's about abortion.
Speaker 3: And I a lefty friend who was always so into who was president and Trump and then this and that, And I could never get them into a conversation about China or anything, you know, big, because they always go back to the election. That's way a lot of people are. And how about how about sources going to Josh Rogan because they know he's into this sort of stuff, saying, Okay, we got to give you some information. Print a piece about this. Nobody's paying attention. It's bigger than the election. It's the biggest hack of our systems in US history by China, our number one enemy, and it's getting no coverage. And Margaret Brennan throws it in at the end, after arguing about Trump and what he said about Liz Cheney, she throws around at the very end after like an eight minute interview, as an after thoughts, as an after thought.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wow, wow, well golly, how do we transition?
Speaker 1: We can't.
Speaker 4: A quick word from our longtime friends at Warrior Foundation Freedom Station. Absolutely wonderful organization. We've been supporting four years and years, and they're looking for your help.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: Celebrating their twenty year anniversary, and we have talked about it for years.
Speaker 1: They're gonna do the same thing.
Speaker 3: We've helped them raise money four years to fly ill and injured Marine soldiers and sailors home for the holidays. But it takes some money to do that.
Speaker 4: Everyone deserves to spend the holidays with their loved ones, especially the men and women who've so bravely sacrificed for our country. And we've seen it firsthand how Warrior Foundation continues to make a huge impact in the lives of our warriors with your support.
Speaker 1: This year, they're building their third transitional housing property designed to craft a sense of community, promote recovery, and cultivate independence for our warriors.
Speaker 4: Please consider making a tax deductible donation next Thursday the fourteenth at Warrior Foundation dot org. Now get the name right it's not the other organization with a similar name. This is Warrior Foundation dot org. We want to help fly our warriors home for the holidays to heal with their families once again. Make your donation Warrior Foundation dot org. God, we're so fat, soft and happy with our who said what? Mean thing about whoever?
Speaker 3: And arguing about that for days and ignoring the fact that world history is not going to change. There's always a battle for who's in charge of what, and China wants to take over and they just had and they just you know, had a huge, huge win and get your go ahead. If you talk to one thousand people today, how many people would know this story.
Speaker 4: And I'm picturing Shijinping. They're in Beijing saying, oh my god, they discovered our hack. What are the Americans saying? And his advisers saying, nobody's really noticed. They're not talking about it at all. Other than the Armstrong and Getty show. We got a lot more on the way. Stay here.
Speaker 1: Arizona police the.
Speaker 3: Rest of the man for allegedly trying not to lose his home by keeping his late father's body in a backyard freezer.
Speaker 1: He's being charged with making a popsickle. It's a terrible joke.
Speaker 3: I agree. So did you see the second skit or the first skit?
Speaker 1: I guess. After the monologue on Sordayn Live, I thought it was so good, No Sir missed us.
Speaker 3: So John Mulaney, the comedian, was the host, and so he did his stand up routine as the monologue, which was very, very funny as always. But anyway, they did this skit a game show, which is a common Saturday Night live mechanism for things, and it was What's My Name, which they've done before, but in this particular version, they have John Mulaney playing one of the contestants on the game show What's My Name? And he's a liberal who is really concerned about the election. It's the most important election of his life. Time blah blah, blah blah. And so the game show host says, okay, fantastic, here's our first guest, what's his name? And out walks and I couldn't name him. When he walked out, I recognized him, but I couldn't name him either. It was Tim Kaine, Hillary Clinton's running mate in twenty sixteen, right, right, right, And the host of the game show says, you called the election in twenty sixteen the most important election in US history. What's this guy's name?
Speaker 4: Ah?
Speaker 1: Boy?
Speaker 3: And you know, John Baliney asked the guess those shows, like, I, ah, is that Tim Walls? He looks kind of like Tim Walls, but it's not Tim Walls. But anyway, just making the whole point obviously that we call this the most important thing that's ever happened, and a few years later the guy's.
Speaker 1: Standing right in front of you and you don't even know his name. Right.
Speaker 3: Also, I thought the other funny joke was it was some somebody but who had been wrong, some group of women that had been wrong somehow by the evil right wing. You tweeted out years ago, say their names, and you listed all their names. Can you give one of their names? You tweeted out all their names, Uh, say their names? Name one of them? And he couldn't, of course, because it's all just a hashtag hashtag activism act.
Speaker 1: But I thought that was pretty funny.
Speaker 3: I couldn't name the guy either, and I was pretty you know, follow politics for a living, and I just like, eh, he looks familiar.
Speaker 1: I know he's a senator, right. It was uh, oh god, that's funny. This is not funny.
Speaker 3: You thought it was bad enough that the Chinese have hacked into your cell phone and are listening maybe listening to your calls. Actually can listen to individual calls. Marco Rubio didn't deny that anyway. Back to this, giant spiders the size of human hands are breeding faster than ever in England.
Speaker 1: Oh no a zoo.
Speaker 3: A couple of years ago, Go released thousands of fen raft spiders. I never heard of that particular breed of spider. After the species was found to be in decline and worried about it going extinct, so they released all these spiders.
Speaker 1: Now a good idea.
Speaker 3: Now has often happens when man intervenes in these sorts of things. It's gotten completely out of control. And they have at least ten thousand breeding females that have had the biggest mating season on record. And there are again, spiders the size of your hand breeding so fast they can't keep up with them.
Speaker 4: And I don't even have particularly big hands, but I'm terrified.
Speaker 1: Well I'm looking at the picture. That's a big a spider.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you would shriek if you saw that, Like you pull back your sheets to get into bed.
Speaker 4: Ah ten thousand breeding females. We got to get them the pill. Or of course, hey, ladies, cross your eight legs. All right, just because some smooth talking erected maybe Zandia doesn't mean you got to give up the goods.
Speaker 1: Save that for marriage.
Speaker 3: They won't breed in from America Handmaids tale. We all know how that's going to work. We need to talk a little more about the election in hour three as it is tomorrow a little The funniest polling statistic that I've come across.
Speaker 1: You've got to hear this if you haven't heard it.
Speaker 6: Armstrong and Getty