Speaker 1: Warning. Today's episode cadate spoilers for Fallout episode five of season two. Be warned. Hello, my name is Jason Cantepcio and I'm Rosey Night and welcome back to ExtraVision of the podcast where we dive deep into your favorite shows, movies, comics, and pop culture. I read you buy our podcast. We're bringing you three episodes plus new.
Speaker 2: In this episode, we are headed back into the Wasteland and to the vaults, where things are going very very badly. But I gotta be honest, things not looking that much greater in the Wasteland either, and we are going to deep dive into it and talk all about it and see where we're headed as we head into the final act of Fallout season two.
Speaker 1: Fallout Season two episode five, we open up right after the events of the previous episode, where the Death Claw has emerged from the front of a building, blocking Lucy and the Ghul's forward progress as they search for Hank. Lucy's father actually make the three death clause three satanic looking dinosaur thingies. The Gul is, of course, much more experienced with these creatures than Lucy is, and it's pretty concerning when a hard ass guy like the Goul suggests, like, let's get out of here, let's run, because honestly, nothing short of a rocket launcher will do personally, if I'm in the game, tell me a rocket launcher, it's a fat Man nuclear bomb launcher, or it's at the very least a modified combat shotgun that's fully automatic.
Speaker 2: So I guess, is there a way somebody survives fighting a death Claw without like some kind of weapon the it's a magic weapon, Like, is that someone who's that good that could like kill it with.
Speaker 3: Like a broken ball or whatever you can find around.
Speaker 1: I mean there's some there's a notable death Claw introduction early in Fallout four where you meet one like in town right before a meeting with some of the some figures from the Minutemen, and you're kind of like on the street and there's a lot of cover and so you can like plink away at the death Claw and kill it. Lost of us early in the game, low level, but it's it is like a five to ten minute fight of you just like shoot run away, shoot runaway, Like it'll take a while anyway, dog Meat books books, it gets out of there, and eventually the Ghoul and Lucy managed to escape when the Ghul creates a distraction and they just basically run for it.
Speaker 2: And it's then that we basically make our way finally to the strip, which I love because.
Speaker 3: It just looks so cool and I think they really brought it to life.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: I also think we've been talking a lot.
Speaker 2: About like, wehn do you seek New Vegas, and they've done a great job of like building in the visuals, but we really get these moments here, and this is a big moment for Lucy where she's kind of like, well, why does my why did my dad come in? Now, we obviously have insight that Bob House was planning, but we know now through Lucy's eyes that the guld explains there was a plan for a special vulte only for management, and that is where he believes his wife and daughter are. He has found a couple of them in the past raided him, but they were empty, and now he thinks the right one must be Vegas, but sadly the entrance is somewhere beyond those.
Speaker 3: Terrifying death clause. Lucy is still.
Speaker 2: High as fuck, in case you didn't remember, she is absolutely tweaking and she's still on the like, well.
Speaker 3: I just killed everyone. I killed all those eldest guys. I killed the greases, Like, let's do it. And also like where's more drugs? How do we get more drugs?
Speaker 2: And the goal is like, Okay, wait a minute, maybe I made a mistake. I think you need to get clean, like you're not for this drug life. He's like, you're too addicted. You go to the doctor, get clean. I'm gonna go get fucked up. He goes to the bar, drinks the whiskey, starts to ask some questions. And this is very interesting because we see that the Bomban is basically like I don't give a shit, Like whoever runs New Vegas, it fucking sucks for me. And that is going to establish what we learn about the beginnings of New Vegas.
Speaker 1: Through a newsreel flashback, we see the reason for in the past Cooper's wife Barbes visit to Vegas. At the time, it was hosting a summit of all the major US corporations Valtik, Robco, etc. Chaired by rob co CEO Robert ha House, in order to discuss what to do about the Communist threat. This is kind of in the final days of the war against the against the Communist Chinese, and it seems like the government is kind of floundering, and so the corporations are thinking, okay, uh, maybe we need to pick up the baton and figure out what to do on our own. On the Vegas trip, Coop and Barb meet Hank. It's kind of shocking. He's got a Voltech case handcuffed to his arm and he's there to meet Barb about something. Cooper goes off to a payphone and has a very secret meeting with Moldaver, who is there. She leaves a vial of some kind of drug in the chainshoot of Cooper's payphone, which he is to use. I guess to.
Speaker 2: Tell question Mark or do you think he's meant to use it to kill Hank, like to drop him.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It's it's clearly he's meant to drug somebody, either Hank or House or somebody with it. Basically, mould Average's like listen, House has to die before rob Co acquires cold Fusion, which is what Barb and Voltech are offering to rob Co, because if they get the you know, an endless source of power, they will just be too powerful of a company. Coop says, okay, I'll get the fusion cell. But I'm not a killer, Like I'm not just gonna I haven't killed anybody since the war, and I'm not going to just kill the CEO of a major American company for no reason. On the strip, you see that it's power and protest. There's protesters there, there are rich people swaning around with their champagne. There's the congress woman from Glendale is there protesting the steady accretion of power to corporate interest. She gets thrown down the stairs. Nobody cares except Cooper, who basically goes over and is like, I'm so sorry about this. And I thought it was a quite a biting commentary on on current politics in which you know that's your that's your opposition party. Right, there is this very weak and meek lady who's getting thrown down the steps.
Speaker 3: And is supporting like no one cares about her, Like she's also an.
Speaker 1: It's not it's not inspiring. Also, like if you're trying to drum up some opposition to this, maybe it's get somebody who can speak about this.
Speaker 2: This is Glendale who we saw talking at the putting. Everyone's asleep, So there's kind of this like she might be right, but she doesn't have the fight in her, you know. And we see that in the hotel there is this like huge party. This is you know, as we've often imagined. This is not some kind of great save the World convention. It is a corporate shindig. Bob has to go and speak to some people about bombing America probably, and Coop is like, fuck, like, I gotta go speak to go find Hank. He then goes to see Robert House. But this is very interesting because it is a different guy. It is not our Robert House that he met in the elevator. And then he says, mister House would like to see you. He's grounded at the penthouse entrance by a robot. Mister House, the real one is still in front of a massive workstation, and he knows Cooper's that to kill him. Jay said, the fact there was a robot, mister House, were you very excited when you saw that?
Speaker 3: Because I feel like it does support you.
Speaker 1: Yes. I mean, we learn a lot about the various doubles that mister House employs in this episode, so good, and it's clear that mister House has been, you know, doing this for quite a while. In the present we catch up again with Snake oil salesman John Daly. Live somewhere in my neighborhood or at least an igor Rock. I see him all the time at the dog park. John Daly, he's, you know, approaching Vegas. He's on the road to Vegas with a little skip in his step, carrying his suitcase of fake medicines or whatever it is. And he has to kill a rad roach on the way, which is like, you know, that's normal for anybody who's you know, flying the wasteland. He goes into town where he is apparently like having a hot date with a robot.
Speaker 2: I know, when lots of robot action this week, like Vegas really kept the robots going.
Speaker 1: When in the middle of this, he's knocked out cold, and he's knocked out cold by Hank Lucy's father, who carries him back to the secret Vault Tech underground headquarters, where we see him walk by the cryo tubes of Barbs and Cooper and Barb's daughter. Yes they are there, frozen there.
Speaker 2: Hank's just the insane, insane pitch from Hank care where he's basically, oh my god, hey, so u yeah, complete brainwashing into mind control how do you feel about that?
Speaker 3: And the state you're that's great?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he has already. Of course, the Snake oil guy had been fitted with the neck chip, and Hank turns it all the way up. And whether it's the Snake Oil salesman's innate resistance to mind control technology or that Hank, after blowing up dozens honey brains, has finally perfected technology. Whatever the case, Hank turns that dial all the way up. Max is it out, and Snake oil salesman is fine. So he's got his first mind controlled zombie.
Speaker 3: Incredible. We're going to take a quick break and we'll be right back.
Speaker 2: We're back and Norm we then go back to and join our group of middle managers, allegedly along with.
Speaker 3: Ronnie and the rest of the group.
Speaker 2: They arrive at a vault tech building and they find, unfortunately, the corpses of some of their former co workers. Then Mark June appears with shotguns and a couple of friends and is like, oh more volt dollars dwellers, and later we kind of learned that hey, they run a roach farm here, and Norm asks like, you.
Speaker 3: Know anything we'd been going on? What's been going on?
Speaker 2: And Mar's like well, I did did meet this girl, Lucy did meet your sister?
Speaker 3: And how's that going? What's going on there? And by the way.
Speaker 2: Lucy's dead and Norm's like fixo and Mar's like, I don't know, it's pretty rough out here, man, just just leave.
Speaker 3: I have to say, weird, fake middle managers. I'm rooting for them. I like this party, and it's he's kind of I think it's fun. I think that's like a weird like.
Speaker 2: I think it's I think it's like, it's good to have a plot line. Isn't just people who are really good in the apocalypse, because I think like that is the cause of the game, is you have to be really good to survive. So it's kind of fun to be like, well, what would it be like if you were the people who were absolutely not meant to survive this?
Speaker 3: That's like enjoying enjoyable to me.
Speaker 1: Lucy goes over to the store and she sees from the sign of the window that the price of addict Doll, which is the drug in game and in show drug that cleanses one of addictions to various drugs, has ballooned in recent days from one hundred and twenty five caps to over a thousand cows and which you know, mirroring our current healthcare system. See instead decides, well, I guess I'll just rob the store. She finds the back door entrance, she goes in. She grabs the addictll She sees a beautiful power fist, one of my personal favorite weapons from Fallout, which is a kind of like a hydraulic fist that has like this punching engine on it, so like as you punch, the fist goes to June and just like one punch Man's people like through the chest.
Speaker 3: Incredible.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Lucy sees it at in the window. She's like, let me grab that as well. Correct And then she turns around and she meets the clerk. Only the clerk is wearing clothes that don't fit him and his face does not in any way match the painting of the owner of the store, which hangs in the store. Lucy immediately realizes, based on the chopped up corpse that's in a barrel right next to her, that this guy has has murdered the store owner and is currently pretending to be the store owner. She calls attention to this. He pulls guns, so Lucy shoots him and kills him. She's a killer.
Speaker 3: She's a stunt called killer Baby.
Speaker 1: Back at the bar, whoa the Ghoul is reminiscing about his meeting with Robert House back in the past, and we go and see that meeting in the pehouse, where we learn, along with Coop, that House has been body doubling himself for at least a decade. The guy that you see on TV that we saw in episode one has been doubling House for like ten years at least.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: House says that did you know that I watched your battle in Alaska? Coop's like, there's no way that's possible, and He's like, oh, yes, there's a piece of software in the TB Power Armor that lets me watch I guess, live streams of whatever's happening through the armor. And House then goes on to say that he believes that the death Claw that Cooper encountered in Alaska is going to be important to the future of the world as well as to the future of Cooper's wife and family.
Speaker 2: Interesting, and House basically tells him his philosophy, which, again, can we just give some props so the prescient nature of Fallout the video game series and it's a painfully timely television adaptation. Hooper's House is basically, hey, Coop, I buy every technology and every company at just the perfect time.
Speaker 3: This time, it's confusion from your wife.
Speaker 2: I need it. I need to survive forever. I need to survive the nuclear war and your wife's gonna start it. And basically the end of the world's already coming. So I'm doing all of this because my little AI companion told me, Hey, this is the day the world's gonna die.
Speaker 3: And guess what, it's Coop's daughter's birthday.
Speaker 2: Very interesting, very interesting, especially with all this thing of like there's you are the most important thing, like your family. So I'm very interested to see where this goes. Coop also basically is like, look, this is what the rebels think. He tries to reason with him, which I love because I feel like it's such a Coop mentality, like especially old Coop poet post war pre ghoul Coop. He's like, look, I gotta they sent me it to kill you for a real reason. They think you're gonna launch the nukes and start a world war, and houses like, look, there's another player on the board, and that's the thing that we need to focus on here.
Speaker 3: It's the person.
Speaker 2: Responsible for the death Claw that you saw in Alaska and House here has a very interesting, rare vulnerable moment where he's essentially like I thought I was running the game, but I now think I'm maybe a player in somebody else's more important, more dangerous game. And then of course goes on like a Tony Stark esque you know, suit of arm around the world.
Speaker 3: Really, he's doing all of this to help everyone. He's gonna nukee everyone to help everyone.
Speaker 2: He's gonna, you know, uh, trap everyone's families in like fucking cold fusion storage to help everyone.
Speaker 3: Like sure, my guy, whatever you say.
Speaker 1: This was quite interesting to me because I do wonder, you know, we've been theorizing that maybe the Institute is going to show up. I wonder if I wonder if this clearly is is hinting at another faction being kind of lurking in the background, and I do wonder which one it's going to be. In another one of the Vault Tech buildings back on back in the California area, Ronnie and and Norm are going through there. They're you know, turning on terminals, turning on communications equipment in a bid to try and contact management, Vault Management, Valltech Management and basically update them about what's going on and get some help. Norm is concerned about this. Norm wants to know more about what he learned from Bud Atkins in the vault about this future enterprise ventures plan, the breeding program that you know, people in Volts thirty one, thirty two, and thirty three were all mixed up in.
Speaker 2: And we obviously know what FUV could stand for, so we know that we have a little bit dramatic irony.
Speaker 1: So he learns that Barb Howard Coop's wife was of course she's like a high ranking VP at Voltak and she was across stuff like that. He learns this from the the lady that he talked to last episode, who I'm not sure if we ever got her name, who was just kind of discombobulated at the fact that, like to her, last week was the regular pre war world extreme marking the streets a week ago. Yeah, So they go to Barb's office, he and this woman to hack her terminal and kind of figure out what's going on. While they're doing this, Ronnie is spying on them, and he listens to Norm talk about everything He learned about Bud Atkins. Down in Buddy Atkins's secret future manager's vault. He learns you know that Norm is it really Bud's successor that he's lying about this, and he's, you know, this whole thing is a ruse for some other reason, which we know is because Norm is looking for his sister and wants to know what happened to his dad, Hank. Norm is, you know, working on the terminal. He finds a database labeled FEV forced Evolutionary Virus, and that's exactly when Ronnie strikes. There's a big fight. Ronnie strangles Norman until he passes out.
Speaker 3: O Dunk Dunk Dune. I knew Ronnie was going to be trouble in Vegas.
Speaker 2: Lucy takes the dictal and immediately just pukes. She's like, it's like it's like really quick, Iahwaska, but she's feeling okay. She meets the ghoul back at the hotel, and now she's clean and sworn off drugs forever, which I kind of love because that's like such a Lucy arc.
Speaker 3: She's like, okay, okay, I'll just never do them again. Terrible and that's not really artworks, but I love the I love the motivation.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: The Ghul introduces Lucy to a man with one of the mind controlled patches on the back of his neck, and of course it is the Snake oil guy, now fully mind wiped.
Speaker 3: With a message from Hank. Don't worry, darling, Lucy.
Speaker 2: I'm in a secure underground facility and I'm completely safe.
Speaker 3: They'll never get to me because guess what.
Speaker 2: Guess what Hank can offer to Coop the one thing that would make him betray Lucy. And what I think is an incredibly heartbreaking scene that I honestly still was not one hundred percent short on what he would do.
Speaker 3: But it turns out that.
Speaker 2: Hank has the ghouls family in the stasis tube and it is crazy leverage. So Hank's basically like, look, if you give me my daughter, I will give you your door. Isn't that a good deal? And the Gul agrees. He tranks Lucy takes her in and look, I will say, does feel really bad about it, like you can tell, not happy he betrayed her, like this was not the plan that he had wanted to do. But he's kind of thinking about how he should have killed well house obviously, sorry babe, and then boom, unexpected, Lucy gets up and she's got that fucking sick ass power fist on. She punches Coop right out of the window and he's impaled onto a broken light pole. She blacks out sadly so does not get away, and we end the episode with Hank coming to get her.
Speaker 3: What a fun episode.
Speaker 1: Very very fun. Let's take a quick break and then we'll be back to.
Speaker 4: Just discussomer other thoughts about what we learned in this episode.
Speaker 1: And we're back. Okay, So lots to talk about. The thing I want to talk about first though, is this idea that Robert House has where you know, everybody from the outside looking in the rebels led by moldever the other corporate interests, the regular man on the street during this pre war time would look at Robert House and think that's the guy who's kind of running the country right now, like his money power, et cetera. Very interesting to hear Robert House say that the death claw number one, it was evidence of someone else, some other power being active in this kind of geopolitical power play. And the two he doesn't know if he's a pawn of them, of that person, or if he's actually an opponent of that person. So it left me wondering, like, Okay, who is who could that be?
Speaker 2: That's why I was gonna say, who are your thoughts hypothetically on who this could set up?
Speaker 3: I'm guessing for season three?
Speaker 1: Okay, Yes, so let's go through some of the factions that So if we just go at Fallout New Vegas, it's certainly here's the factions that are available in the game New California Republic. We've seen them. They're basically in tatters right now. It's not Jesus lesions. We saw them. They don't have the kind of they didn't exist pre war. Very hard to believe. I find it very hard to believe that it would be them. I'm going to ignore the minor factions at this time. There are the chairmen. I don't believe that there are three kind of like mafia esque businessmen families that were just associated with the Vegas trip. I don't believe it's them. I don't believe it's the Americas who are like more of the more uh you know, like specifically mafia coded families. I think it could be yes Man, who is also here's my suspects. One is yes Man. Yes, Man is an I an AI program that has kind of become alive and is we kind of meet him in Bob House's penthouse. So Bob also talks about how it was the AI that told him the date in the future, and then he puts on that crazy skull cap like the brain wave monitoring thing, and so it left me wondering if the AI Bob House that opened the door is not actually the Bob House that's in control.
Speaker 3: I love that idea.
Speaker 2: It's very jovist, it's very ultro, and it's very kind of mixing these different ideas.
Speaker 3: And also whoms would know more than an.
Speaker 2: AI supported to helps house and then who could decide, as we know the Ultron data Central, well, humans are bad. This is really bad, you know. I am definitely interested because we do have a kind of, like in Cannon, small kind of backstory for the death clause, but it's very ambiguous. So I'm interested to see if they are gonna kind of bring in something like the Enclave or something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like I'm wondering if that. I remember with the.
Speaker 2: Death clause, there was always that question when I was like hanging out with Alex, like did they have anything to do with it. Like, we know this show's gonna be Cannon, so I love the I think it might actually be two separate things. Ironically, I think that you are right that Bob House is not in control of Vegas and sort of himself. I also wouldn't be surprised if that we are going to meet some of these like secondary government factions even in flashbacks, who were maybe involved in more of FEV, more of whatever the death Claw situation is.
Speaker 3: I'm very excited to.
Speaker 2: See how Lucy and the Ghoul reconnect after this, because they're always abandoning each other and kind of just like Rat, you know, when Lucy didn't give him the stem pack, but you know, him trying to betray her and her punching him out of a window. I feel like there's gonna need to be a little bit more rebuilding there in the relationship.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, I think what they've done is set up very neatly a situation in which now the Ghoul has nothing but incentive to pursue Lucy into the Valtech headquarters with her dad and figure out what's going on. Because I think, like, of course, like the rescue of her of his family or at least a reunification with them is going to be a big deal for him. That's and which leads me to my next question. Does Barb get taught out?
Speaker 2: I think Bob gets thought out, That's my guess. I would also say that I think we need the show to give us a lot more Bob in the next couple of episodes.
Speaker 3: So I hope we get Bob flashback.
Speaker 2: I hope we get Bob flash forward because Bob is also a mom, you know, like, yeah, Cooper is a dad, and we've seen this whole thing of him wanting to save the world for his daughter, but we are yet to truly find out why Bob is doing that. So I'm excited to see that. I do think Bob and the Door have to get thought out at some point. The question is would that make Coop want to be, you know, part of this conspiracy in this system. I don't believe that's enough, even though this is what he's been seeking. Also, we don't know are they clones, are they robots? Is it really them? Like is this just a power play? You can't really trust Hank, you know.
Speaker 1: Well, I think there's also the question of listen. I think I heavily suspect that Barb would reject Cooper in his current physical you know, okay state, Like, you know, she's not a monster fucker Jason said, she's grizzled zombie, the zombie, radioactive zombie goal. It's been like walking the wasteland for you know, one hundred plus years, doing lots of unsavory things. And I also think there's a question of, you know, what was Barb's role in the war that killed everybody?
Speaker 2: This is what we need to know, Like, let's have a Bob episode, please.
Speaker 1: What is Hank's I'm just still trying to figure out, like what Hank's end goal is human too.
Speaker 2: I think maybe what I think happened is and I think this is a relatable again real world situation where I think Hank was just on a little mission that he was given. But while when he found out about this technology, this Bob House technology, I think like he had a thing of like, oh, I can climb the ladder this way, like I can be the one who is fully in charge if I take control of this technology, or at least maybe he thinks the other route that's less like you know, all encompassing evil tech ceo vibe, but still, you know.
Speaker 3: Not great.
Speaker 2: He also, I wonder could think that it would make him the ultimately great overseer because everyone would just follow your rules all the time, and all your supplies would last and there would never be any raids or raiders or fights. So I'm interested, But I want to know what that driving force is because right now in this episode, it's giving mad scientists and we need a little bit more like a little bit angry, a little bit more of what is driving him and what would make him give up his daughter who Look, we know he loved Lucy. Whatever issues he had, like those two were clearly close. He had a great life in there. I want to know what drove him to making.
Speaker 3: This next step.
Speaker 2: So I think that's one of the big questions we have to tie up before season three, Jason. Anything that you really want to see them kind of dig into that's going to make you so excited for season three, Like what do you think they need to set up here or do you think they just need to keep doing what they did with season one, which is just make a great show.
Speaker 1: I think make a great show. I think that the balance between kind of adherence to video game plot lines, video items and objects, factions including I think that they've in the main struck the balance pretty well. I think it's a show that is that said, I do as we mentioned before, I do kind of think the show is like on the edge of being too many plot lines. I think it's it's not there yet, but I do think it's close. When just hearing you talk about Barb and Hank and Yeact and Norm and what's ron is like all of these things, I was getting need to intersect.
Speaker 2: At some point when you do recaps like us, you really start to work out how many different plot lines and characters there are.
Speaker 3: I will say I think I saw a good comparison.
Speaker 2: I think it was maybe a just in our discorder in our group chat, but basically like somebody being like, it's a bit like Game of Throne season four, Like it's like they skip two seasons and now they have all these characters that you don't know, but by season four of Game of Thrones you know every single different you know and where you want to go and who you know. This feels a bit like they've thrown us into the wasteland and it's a little bit faction heavy, but not everyone's feeling like they fully know the factions well enough or they fully kind of know.
Speaker 3: Where it's going. But I like this episode. I like that Hank.
Speaker 2: I think we're definitely going to get a norm Hank Lucy team up here. It seems like that has to happen at some point, a showdown, a team up, whatever way round.
Speaker 1: You know, it's interesting because here is a note I have about again, this is a good episode. I do think that there are fun, weird things, particularly around Hank, like I could use, as we just said, more of Hank's actual motivation behind other than we know that he's carrying out some sort of fault Tech master plan. We know that the FEV and the breeding programs that involved vaults thirty two and thirty three and previously thirty one or something that he's aware of, and then he's across, but we don't necessarily know what he's doing now.
Speaker 3: I want to know what his personal reason is as well. Why does he care?
Speaker 1: And the thing with the snake oil salesman, he just created this snake oil salesman zombie to basically carry out all his orders and deliver messages outside of the safety of this Voltech fortress protected by three death claws. Why then would he come out to capture his own adexactly?
Speaker 3: Couldn't he get his Maybe?
Speaker 2: I mean also like this could definitely be like a casting thing where you know, uh, Kyle, his management was like he beare fucking show his face at this episode. You guys have been logging him out like he was meant to be one of the leads.
Speaker 3: It could be something like that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I do agree that the end of him showing up, I was like, Okay, I guess it's maybe it's meant to be like a calculated risk to show Lucy that she still really means something for him.
Speaker 3: You know, I feel like he is still emotionally manipultive in that way. But yeah, no, I let's get some more Hank insight. What does this man want?
Speaker 2: Because generic evil guy, that's fine, but there's a lot of those in real life.
Speaker 3: We need to know what's driving him.
Speaker 1: What do you think his meeting with with Barb was about? Because he is so it's so interesting to see like young eager Hank, who's just like a lower level middle manager at that particular time, like, oh my god, it's great to see you. I wonder.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Obviously Barb is in the middle or about to embark on a ambitious and very important pitch of selling this cold fusion technology potentially to Robco, and Hank is a the vaultic manager, so theoretically I would imagine that he's under Barb on the organ. Yes, but what do you think they were talking about?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: This is the thing I'm interested in is like, was Hank already trying to had he already perceived his way to become an overseer or in charge or move up the ladder, and that's what it was about. Or are we gonna find out that maybe him and Bob were both having weird second thoughts about the cold fusion and this is his way that he thinks he can do a better version of it. We don't have to nuke the country. We can just combine control our citizens.
Speaker 3: Or something, you know. So I'm really interested to know more.
Speaker 2: And I gotta say I'm not somebody who always enjoys flashbacks like I think they can be amazing. I think you can do an incredible bottle episode, But when shows really heavily on fresh flashbacks, it can kind of take me out but I have to say I was very interested in the Coop Barb hotel flashbacks, the Vegas flashbacks, and I'm really excited to see those. I think that if they use those old Vegas flashbacks of like this the symposium or the you know, the convention or whatever it was, mixed with what we're learning as we go, that could be a really nice way to solidify a little bit more about how Vaultech, how rob Co, how Coop, how Barb, how Hang, how they all ended up so enmeshed in this kind of awful decision, and also like what is the final aim, right, because we know that for Hats it's like let's get the kids, let's get my kid, let me get my wife, obviously, but like for Lucy, like she wants justice for Hank, But what does that look like?
Speaker 3: And is there a world where.
Speaker 2: Someone's trying to save the world or do you just learn to live in the wasteland? Does Lucy want to go back to the vaults and tell everyone, Hey, this is bullshit, there's a world up there. Like I'm very interested in a world where the dystopia is so entrenched, like what are you fighting for?
Speaker 3: So I think they need to get a little bit more into that.
Speaker 1: I will also say over the break, I fired up Fallout seventy six, a gain oh game I haven't played since it was released. It's one of these games, and we've seen these, particularly with like big releases lately. I'm thinking No Man's Sky. I'm thinking cyber.
Speaker 3: Punk seventy seven.
Speaker 1: Cyrus seventy seven, these other like failed Starfield, these other kind of failed launches that get better with the update and get and get massively better. So Fallout was one of these seventy six, And I have to say, if you're a fan, if you've never played a Fallout game, if you're a fan of the show, that's the one. Give Fallout seventy six a try. I think it's only twenty bucks now, Like if you or something.
Speaker 3: Like that on PlayStation four.
Speaker 1: PlayStation PS five, and Xbox and your your platform a choice. It's basically like a it's the Fallout experience been in this kind of like massively multiplayer online map where you kind of log into a server and there's twelve other people playing in this large map and you do these little missions. You move around, you build a base somewhere on this large map that you can come back to, you can eventually move it, and it's the kind of it's a very it's like the Fallout game experience in miniature, with trading, with scavenging, with customizing weapons and armor, all of that stuff, and through that. If you've if you've ever been Fallout curious, give it a try. The Gooul is in it. He's the first person you meet when you come out of the vault of the Ghoul now and it's and it's pretty fun. Now. If you do like it, the game will then try to upsell you on various like okay, well yeah, there's very There's like there's a basic there's quality of life things that you can purchase as a subscription, which I'll just say that I haven't done it, but all the reviews I've read or people like, I hate that, I hate that I spent money on this, and I hate that now I hate that. I can't imagine in which I play the game without it.
Speaker 2: There is a there's this company, sorry to Kay Oddson, I believe she's an investor, called Fabletics, And I remember on the Internet it was like an internet subscription legging service, like you would get tights and they would send them to you. But the funny thing was like and fenty had some issues with this. If you started the subscription, it was like very hard to end it. So this is like the gaming version of that, where it's like you're signing up because then you get addicted. Like do you need Kate Hudson to mail you beautiful pants every month.
Speaker 3: For sixty dollars?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: But are you probably gonna use them for your run? Yes? It sounds similarity.
Speaker 1: You know what I need to You know what I do. There's all these like services, right Rocket Money, different ones that like oh, those like will cancel your subscription. It's like a service to cancel. You pay the service to cancel your subscriptions. Anyway, you know what I do. Here's my hack whenever I need to just like nuke all of my subscriptions and like reset is you do have to do a little work, But I just report my fucking bank card storm and then I just get a new one and then it nukes all of my subscriptions. Right like now they're just gonna ask you for like oh, like your car no longer works. Of course you have to immediately put back like the key ones that you use Netflix or your rent or you know, whatever it was, you're gonna have to reinstate those. But like all the other like weird subscriptions that you fucking forgot about, or that you're getting weird charges from whatever. If just be ready and know that you have at your disposal the nuclear option of just nuking your entire.
Speaker 2: Honestly, they just put in the Laura in California that drop allway you can new your information off the Internet. Like, we're getting to a point where you've got to have the hack. So Jason, I love that chaotic hack. Thank you for sharing that. Thank you, very full out coded, very full out coded.
Speaker 1: The next episodes of X ray Vision, we are talking about various things that we love, both that we love. That's it for this episode. Thanks for listening. X ray Vision is hosted by Jason Concepcion and Rosie Knight and is a production of iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 2: Our executive producers are Joel Monique and Aaron Kaufman.
Speaker 1: Our supervising producer is Abu Zafar.
Speaker 2: Our producers are Common Laurent, Dean Jonathan, and Bay Wag.
Speaker 1: A theme song is by Brian Vasquez, with alternate theme songs by Aaron Kaufman.
Speaker 2: Special thanks to Soul Rubin, Chris Lord, Kenny Goodman, and Heidi our discord moderator,