Speaker 1: Nothing says summer like long days, clutch plays and firing off a few bets on the game, all with Draft Kings Sports Book. Never bet on baseball before. It's easy. Pick a guy to go yard hammer some live odds mid game, or just ride with your squad and hope for the best. No spreadsheets, just vibes and dingers. Here's something special for first timers, new Draft King customers. Bet five dollars and get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets instantly. Download the Draft Kings sports Book app. Use Cold Shannon. That's Cold Shannon for new customers to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets instantly when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 2: The crown is yours.
Speaker 1: Come on, ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap.
Speaker 2: Y'all know me. I'm your favorite unc Shannon Sharp.
Speaker 1: You see my partner have a shortage in water wearing the same outfit for three consecutive days. He's Liberty Cities own, He's Bengals Ring of Fame Artery Madden adjuster. He's a pro bowler, He's a ring of Fame honoree and he's an All Pro. He's Chad Ocho Sinko Johnson. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button, Please make sure you hit the like button, and God do us a favor. Go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. We want to thank each and every one of you for your support and your continue support, because thanks to you, you've helped Nightcap reach heights we could have only imagined and it was only because of your eyes, ears, and your word of mouth. So Ocho and I and everybody here at Nightcap would like to personally thank you for your support and your continue support. My Cognac Lapotier has a new drop, and this one is very personal to me. I created a limited edition series to honor my brother Sterling, who was inducted to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. It's just not a bottle, it's a tribute. It's a celebration of a legacy and once they're gone, they are gone. The Hall of Fame edition is officially live. Just head over to La Portierkanyak dot com to grab yours while supplies last. Don't miss your chance to own a piece of history and a very very special moment. Go follow my media company or all of its platform Shay Shee Media and my clothing company eighty four, with eighty four being spelled out. That link is also penned in the chat. So o cho, let's jump right into it. New Orleans. Well, y'all in the heap of trouble, Spencer Rattler m hm. So if you just take that r and put it down, would that's what the Saints fans, That's what y'all gotta look forward to. Uh, and the preseason opener, despite throwing the pick six, rookie Tyler Schuck comes off the bench and out plays Rattler. Uh. If you could believe that, it's kind of like getting bit by water moccason or radsnake. It's just how close are you to Anna venom? I mean, both gonna hurt, both gonna go and excruciating thing swelling will be a meeting shortness of breath. That's what you get with these two quarterbacks. I don't know why they didn't. I hope Kellen Moore, who's a Super Bowl winning offensive coordinator, I hope.
Speaker 2: He signed a long, long, long.
Speaker 1: Deal, like six years, because it's gonna be a while with those two quarterbacks before they win safe quarterback. In the first preseason game, Rattler was seven of eleven fifty three yards, zero touchdown, zero in reception, but he did lose a fumble. Tyler shuck fifteen or twenty two one sixty five, one touchdown, one pick six.
Speaker 3: Who oh, job ahead right Listen. While I was watching the game to day before the game, before the game started, I threw out a tweet to Saints fans. I have a lot of Saints fans that follow me on Twitter. Excuse me that followed me on asks me and the question was, are you guys optimistic about Spencer Rattler as quarterback number one? And all the answers were unanimous and saying that they don't believe in him, and there were a few that said, you know what, I'm optimistic about him. He can improve in his second year. So based on the small sample side of we were able to see from Spencer Ratler today and didn't look promising. But again, it is a preseason. It is a preseason, maybe a little rusty first time out against competition outside of yourself, So I want to give him a little grace. I want to give him a little grace, Tyler, but.
Speaker 2: He's not a rookie all.
Speaker 3: I know what you mean. I know what you mean.
Speaker 1: He started, he started real games last year. I would expect him to look a little better the second time around, in a vanilla type game plan than a rookie. Then say, Jackson Dark say your door, Sanders say some of these even shook.
Speaker 2: Okay, if Shuk's gonna struggle, okay, I get that.
Speaker 1: He's a rookie first time playing in the NFL, not a guy that started games in the NFL to play that that.
Speaker 3: Yes, I mean, listen, look, it looked rough, but last year watching Spencer Raller, he played bad at times, but at times he showed flashes of what he can do. What we have to find he has to find that that that happy medium, that keel of balance of consistency where it doesn't drop below the bar. The standard has to be the standard of consistency. He hadn't found that yet. Obviously, I'm not gonna panic. I'm not saying I'm a Saints fan, but just for his sake, I think quarterback number one is Spencer Raller. I don't see a rookie beating him out. Obviously it looked good. Tyler, how do you say pronounces last name Tyler shuck? Obviously probably going against the threes in the four. Once he did get into the game, you would look a certain way, you would look a little better in that manner. But I think Spencer Raaler is an answer for them, and it's it's it's unfortunate. But again it's a small sambit size. I wouldn't panic right now, being that everything is so vanilla, but the fact that it is vanilla, you should look the par You should look the par with it being your your your second year sec.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the thing is what's for me.
Speaker 1: Spencer Ratler style of play will eventually get him cut and a coach fired. That's what happens when you're not consistent at that position, because that position gets coaches fired quicker than anything, get general managers terminated quicker than anything.
Speaker 2: Now they felt comfortable enough.
Speaker 1: They it's like, okay, we're gonna wait till the I think they got shook in the second round, second or third round.
Speaker 2: They's like, we like Spencer Rattler, We liking.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: He was a highly sought after guy went to the University of Oklahoma, Uh, you know, and then Kayleb Williams came. He transferred to goes to the univers of South Carolina. So he has some arm talent, but he's he's just a little inconsistent for my taste. And it's hard to win when you don't get consistency out of that position, because eventually it.
Speaker 2: Will get him cut and it'll get the coach fired. Because that we had.
Speaker 1: Richard Smith used to tell us all the time, he says, that type of play will get you cut and get me fired.
Speaker 2: I can't get any better because all I can do.
Speaker 1: Is just give you what you should be doing. It's incumbent upon you. He's kind of, you know, loose with the ball is easily knocked out of his hands.
Speaker 2: He turns it over. But this is what the Saints, he looked.
Speaker 1: What happened was is that when you have quarterbacks like Breeze, and you have quarterbacks like Manning, and you have quarterbacks like Brady, you don't want to waste the guy. So you're picking guys in the fourth or fifth round and you're letting them sit with no chance of getting you know, not doing anything. And so when those guys, move on, now you gotta rush. They tried James Jambs tears his knee. They tried Taysom Hill. But I never thought Taysom Hill was a quarterback. He was very good in the role that he was in as a jack. He'll play a little quarterback, He'll a little full back, he could play some tight end. He's good on special teams. He's a jack, do a lot a multitude of things. But I didn't think he was a specialist or a great quarterback. So I never thought that experiment was going to work. I think Jamis could have been good, but Jamis towards me, and then they kind of moved They kind of moved on from Jamis. The way I look at I think defensively they might be a little you know, they might be a little better. They're starting to get a little little older. Honey Badger retired Jordan Cam Jordan. I think he's going into what it's fifteen season. He's in that twenty eleven class with Von Miller, JJ Watt, all those guys. But in that division, you got to get better. Because Tampa, Tampa's gotten better, I think Atlanta's gotten better, and so I just don't believe that the quarterback that the Saints won't or needs that can get them to where they want to be a consistent team. You know, a team that wins consistently, that can get to the playoffs and maybe win a game or two in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: I don't believe that quarterback is on their roster.
Speaker 3: I don't think so either. I think heavily. I think for the sake of Spencer Raller, I think the fact that he has Album Kamara to take some of the pressure off of him. You have Rashi shi Head, you have Chris o'lave. I'm not sure who the number three will be there obviously, but I think his job will be a little easier because of the talent he has around him. Chris o'lave is a very very good receiver. Rashichi is a burner. He's a very very good receiver. Now it's going to be Kellen Moore to put those players in positions to be able to to make sure a Spencer Raller doesn't get him bired. You know, there's one thing you can do is when you have a quarterback as bad as them based on their play, you have to find a way to hide their weakness. You have to find a way to hide their weaknesses, and it's easy to do when you have players of that magnitude. Albn Kamara is still one of the best in NFL despite I'm just.
Speaker 1: Not gonna le Kamara beat me. I'm gonna make Spencer Ratler through football.
Speaker 3: But listen, that's the thing if you if you're gonna go into game saying, you know what, I'm gonna make Spencer Rally beat me. I like his chances with Chris Olavey and Rashishi heat I like it. I like it.
Speaker 2: What was their record last year?
Speaker 3: Oh shit? Oh but hey, you know what the number three is Brandon Cooks. You know, come on now, I.
Speaker 1: Don't think he's He's not the Brandon cook that was first in New Orleans, or the Brandon Cooks that was in New England, or even the Brandon Cooks that was in the Rams. I mean think, oh your damn. He's been like fourteens in the last four years.
Speaker 3: He can still run.
Speaker 2: He can still oh you can still run.
Speaker 3: You can still do his thing in the slot.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: He's easy, I hope using the word serviceable, but you can put them in a position to make plays right, that's it.
Speaker 1: I know, what was the record last year the Saints? I mean the offensive line. How good is the offensive line gonna be to be able to protect him? I mean they gave up five sacks today.
Speaker 2: They were five and twelve last year.
Speaker 3: Joe, that's tough. That's tough.
Speaker 1: Hey, Look, everybody's running vanilla vanilla offense, vanilla defense, vanilla special teams, and nobody showing anything. Nobody's trying to put anything on tape. That's gonna be extraordinary. Spencer Ratler having played, I just to expect it's kind of like a second year guy.
Speaker 2: A second year guy makes mistakes.
Speaker 1: The coaches are gonna be harder on him because he's already gone through this the previous year. Bro, You've already and Spencer Radler played in real games. Sometimes, don't your guys get on the practice squad, They don't get off that, and then they come back and they have to go through.
Speaker 2: The thing again. But Spencer Rattler has been in meaningful ball games.
Speaker 1: He's actually played in the regular season and played in regular season games, So I would expect him to look a little sharper than what he did now. He was only I mean he only threw seven passes and so he's probably only in there fourteen to fifteen plays. The question is long term because that's what that's what we get down to, because no, Baker Mayfield is Tampa's long term solution. Atlanta believe Pennick Jr. Is their long term solution. Bryce Carolina believe Bryce Young is their long term solution. The question is now based on what they did. Now, maybe they believe Shuck is going to be able to come in and unseat Spencer Rattler and be their long term solution. But in order to win at this level, at that level in today's game, you gotta get a quarterback. Because you know why with Joe, because he's the one position that you cannot hide.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: If I got a week corner, I rode I roll coverage. If I got a week safety, I'll keep him back, put it ass down in the box, I keep him out of home. Okay, if I got to if I got an offensive lineman, I'll slide protection.
Speaker 2: I'll chip the back.
Speaker 1: I say, hey, you make sure you chip your way out so I can find ways to protect a weekiness. If it's something other than a quarterback, you can't hide the guy that has the ball every single time.
Speaker 3: You're right, But I like I like that you said that. For some reason, I'm thinking from an offensive perspective, thinking as myself as a receiver and the quality the quality of receivers they have, you know, in in New Orleans, I'm thinking Chris olave, Rashish, he Brandon Cooks, They're so good. I can't remember the tightest name. He's a very good service with tight end as well. I can't remember his last name. But I'm thinking that they can be put in positions to be able to hide the weakness that Spencer Ratler may have, whatever it may be. That's that's that's that's what I'm thinking. That's my thought process, you know. And as an officer coordinator, whoever the officer coordinator is, I'm not sure if Kelly.
Speaker 2: Kellen Moore cool codinator?
Speaker 3: Oh man, listen, man, listen. I don't want to lose my job. So what do I need to do. I need to use those around me. I need to use those weapons, put them in advantageous positions because my quarterback is not as good as i'd like.
Speaker 1: Right, Juwan Johnson and Taysom Hill are the tight.
Speaker 3: End Jawan Johnson A he nice a young, young, young, young young fella.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's more.
Speaker 1: He's more of an f more of the age back type. Got you know, got receiving skills, got uh uh, more of a move tight end. Tasom Hill is the same thing. You can do a lot of different things with Taysom Hill. You can put him at full back. You can, Hey, you bring him in and run the to push with him. You know, you can throw him the football. You can do a lot of things with him. And Kelly Moore has a very creative mind. But you've got to get consistent play from the quarterback position because it's the one position you can't hide. Eventually, I'll figure you out and I'll make I'll make him beat me.
Speaker 2: I'll make him beat me. M hm, and I'll see if he can do it.
Speaker 3: Hey, that that's tough.
Speaker 2: That's tough.
Speaker 3: In fact that I asked question in ninety percent of the Saints fan were like, Eh, it's going to be a long year. We might win four games. Hell, we won five last year. We're still having We're still haven't addressed the position that is the most important that we do need, and obviously it took Tyler Shuck and what second.
Speaker 1: Round I think they took him. It took him in a second round. No, it might have been forty row.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I'm assuming. I'm not sure what they saw on film from him as opposed to what we saw on film from twelve. But listen that that conversation is like being the dead horse. They saw what they saw. I'm not sure the scouts were and felt he So maybe he is, Maybe he is. We'll we'll find out.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: The Dolphins rookie Quinn you were struggled in his preseason debut. He was four sixteen sixty three yards, zero touchdowns, zero interceptions, two sacks to lost fumbles. You were the afternoon afternoon did not do anything to the possible position battle between himself and Sid Wilson, who went fired for as a primary backup O Joe because Wilson was five or nine for ninety six yards. When we go back and look at note Joe, which rookie impressed you the most this weekend? Shador Sanders. Sanders was fourteen of twenty three one thirty eight two touchdowns on the road. Cam Ward five of eight sixty seven yard Jackson dark twelve of nineteen one fifty four one touchdown Jalen Mill wrote six or ten sixty one yards Tyler Shuck fifteen to twenty two one sixty five one touchdown winn exception Cam Miller seventy six or seven seventy six yards of a touchdown.
Speaker 3: I mean, listen, everything we saw from the rookies, you know this, this uh this past weekend. I was the one that impressed me the most is the one that had the most time, had the most time to be on the field, and that was Shador. Obviously he the most of what we saw from Cam cam Ward in such a short amount of time. He looked good. He was wheeling and dealing, looked very at the quarter of that position. And now side of that, everyone was fair. Everyone was fair. And in no scenario and no scenario, did I would did I did I think that Ken Ewers would beat Zach Wilson out of his job? I didn't think that. I know Zach is probably going to be quarterback number two, and if things aren't going well and and too it gets hurt, I think Zach Wilson'll be able to come in and make the place necessary. Based on what we saw from him at the Jets, always running for his life with that old line, which is the same thing that happened to Aaron Rodgers. I think he would be fine. The other quarterbacks, Tyler shuck and it was nice. But again, you're going against three and fours. Is that really a tail tall? My grandma said a tale, yeah, yeah, yeah, based on what you're gonna get. Again, it's so it's such a small sample size from everybody and what we're doing. It really doesn't say much until the bullets are flying for real, When the buds are flying for real and teams are are scheming and the game planning, now that's a whole different ball game.
Speaker 1: I thought Jackson darkush, Yeah, he pushed the ball down the field.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Jalen Mirroe fat flash potential. You know he has a big time arm o Joe, he has incredible legs.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: He just got to get a little better with his consistency and touch things that you can work on.
Speaker 2: But I agree with you.
Speaker 1: I think the thing is that we wanted because but all these other guys have gotten major reps.
Speaker 2: You got to realize you do it didn't get major reps.
Speaker 1: So now, but the mental reps that he was taking in the game that was able to help him process and do the things necessary in order for him to have the type of performance that he had. Now I'm hoping this week they played, probably at home, he gets an opportunity to consolidate that. You know, in tennis, when you break a serve, they say, let's see, can you consolidate it? When you break something? When you know, when you hold your own serve, so you consolidated. Let's see if he can consolidate that what he did on Friday night.
Speaker 2: What another performance on what he can do? You know when they play Thursday of Friday.
Speaker 1: Ash So if he can consolidate that, I think, you know, Cleveland can look and says, Okay, I think we have a guy that has the right mental makeup because you have to be incredibly strong minded in order to play that position on it.
Speaker 3: Funny thinking about it, I'm glad you said that they play again Thursday. You said, right, they play Saturday, play Saturday. Now what happened? What happens? I'm curious to see how Stefanski and they work the players back in So when Kenny Pigott is healthy, when Dylan Gaber is the Dylan Gabriel is healthy, what do they do then at that point? Does Shador go back down to number four when they're back healthy? How does it work?
Speaker 1: Ask yourself what we just talked about. Oh yo, we talked about this. When Dylan Gabra was in at any point in time in training camp, did he look as good as your door look Friday night? At any point in time, It's a simple yes or a simple note.
Speaker 3: I don't think so long.
Speaker 1: And before Kenny Pickett got hurt, at any point in time, did he look as good and in camp or you know mini camp OTA's joint practices, if he made it that far because he seemed like he got nick ridly soon, did he look that hid?
Speaker 2: I doubt it. So it's tough.
Speaker 3: But listen, they've been playing games, right, They've been playing games, the political games. You know what I'm talking about. I don't need to address it. The lift in the room, you can see it clear as day. So I'm just saying, are they're going to play games? But we're going to find out. I think I'm going to see if there's still going to be some funny business even despite the way he played, Are they still going to play that political game. I'm curious. I'm just curious to see. Now if they do play Saturday, now, let's see what happens. Is Dylan Gabriel going to be healthy, Is Kenny Pikett gonna be healthy? Are they going to get the chance to prove themselves. I'm just I'm really curious what's going to happen Saturday.
Speaker 1: NFL insiders said Shader Sanders still stands behind Dylan Gabriel for the Browns coaches. Gabriel is ahead of Sanders in the eye of the coaching staff, but rarely in training camp has that position MaTx what we've seen on the field. The quarterback situation remains the story of camp, and Shu Sanders is settling in to lead three scoring drives in the most extended action of the summer won't make the team's consistent stance that Sanders is fourth in a line any less perplexing. No reasonable person thinks Sanders will be fully ready to lead a team and consistently attack a complicated defense three weeks from now. He's shown enough talent and growth, however, to make anyone believe he should be on the team and has a chance to develop it. The starting quality player. Sanders is talented. His throw out of the end zone to wide receiver greg Lebardon in the preseason opener and is floated down sideline to receiver Luke Floria later approved. Until we see Sanders get practice reps with the number one offense, we can't believe the Browns view him as having much of a shot to be the number two when.
Speaker 2: The season begins.
Speaker 1: I agree with what they're saying, but that's my point is Okay, you said, have we seen enough?
Speaker 2: Have you seen enough of Dylan?
Speaker 1: What have you seen from Dylan Gabriel to make you think he can be number two?
Speaker 3: Did you hear? Did you excuse me who wrote that?
Speaker 2: The Browns athletic and.
Speaker 3: The Browns Athletic insider? Right, so you see shad Or do what he does three quarters of football?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Three, I think maybe maybe played well into the fourth quarter? Right, Yes, in a live game. You saw him play the way he played, and still question if you can do the same thing when he has an action starters at his disposal. I'm confused.
Speaker 1: My thing is, he says no reasonable person thinks Sanders will be fully ready to lead a team and consistently attack a complicated NFL defense three weeks from now? What about Dylan Gabriel? Has he shown you enough to make them believe that three weeks from now he can lead this team against a complicated defense? I digress even further. Has Kenny Pickett ever shown you that he can lead a team against a complicated defense? Because all I know is that what I keep hearing is what you're telling me what he can't do. Like my coach just said, Collein withday will put it. Find something that.
Speaker 2: He can do.
Speaker 1: See you keep telling me what you do or can't do. Well, your job as a coach is to put players in position and find something that they can do.
Speaker 3: Where's the cant coming from? When we just saw him do it. I know it's a small sambo size, it's three quarters of football. But everything you said he can't do, he just did. Matter of fact, he just did. When we already saw him do at Jackson State, he just did. When we saw him do at Colorado, we just did. Even though it's a small sambaside, Uncle, I played the game for a very long time. I played the game for a very long time. I'm a receiver. I know what it's supposed to look like. I know what it looks like when there's a quarterback that's playing in a game and he's confident, he's polished his pocket, presence, his mannerisms. I know what it should look like. We've seen Kenny Pickett with the Steelers. If he was the answer for Cleveland, he would have been the answer in Pittsburgh. No disrespect him.
Speaker 2: What was what's the question? You asking?
Speaker 1: What? Because if Kenny Pickett is the answer, If Kenny Pickett is the answer, I need to know the question.
Speaker 2: Did he play for the University of Pittsburgh? Yes, I don't don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know what more. I don't, I don't know what more. Listen when you when you when you fill out your resume, right, when you fill out your resume? Yes, and you going for that job interview. You want to put your best foot forward. You want to keep a lasting impression. Well the impressions with what we saw Friday night from the person they claim is the fourth is the fourth string quarterback? Yeah, okay, what do we do We built from that on Saturday?
Speaker 2: Well you build from that.
Speaker 1: No, you build from that starting in practice by giving him more reps, more quality reps. You don't leave him in the position that he was in where he's getting a handful of refs with the threes and fours. You give him some opportunities with the ones. With the tooths. I'm not saying you he has to take five six reps with the ones, but I'm saying you sprinkle. Maybe you give him one or two reps. Maybe you give him three or four ref with the twos. I do agree with this. Until we see Sanders get practice ref with the number one offense, we can't believe that Browns view him as having much of a shot to be number two when the season began.
Speaker 2: True, I do agree with that statement.
Speaker 1: You're not going from four to two if you for a training camp, then all of a sudden the seasons start, your number two. They're gonna need to see you with the ones and twos to feel comfortable because they got to make a decision. And when you make that decision, you release somebody. Ain't no guaranteed that you're gonna be able to bring them back and put them on your practice squad. Somebody might sign them and put them on the active roster. So that's the case, Oh Joe, do I stay on your practice squad for say twenty five to thirty five, or do I go somewhere and get an opportunity to get a real roster spot and make almost a million dollars a year.
Speaker 2: So that's the question that you have.
Speaker 1: That's a decision that you make when you release these guys, because I'm sure there's some guys you know. I would love to have him to have another year learning our system and when we come back next year, having the OTAs, the training camp, the season of working the scout team stuff, when we come back for OTA, he should be good to go.
Speaker 2: He should be fully developed and good to go.
Speaker 1: So I don't want people thinking that we're beating Ocho and now beating up on Zach Jackson. I agree with what he's saying, But my thing, I'm more talking about the Browns as a as as an organization, as a coaching staff. Are you are you are? Because the fans are saying you want us to believe you or are lying?
Speaker 2: Guys? I know, I know, I know what my eyes I saw. I know what I saw. I hear what you're saying, but.
Speaker 1: I see better than I hear. Y'all keep telling us. Dylan Gabral Dylan Gabriel, but we have yet to see him. Now everything that I see is that now he's you know, she's not better than you?
Speaker 2: Do it.
Speaker 1: For most of the articles that I've been reading it eight people can write whatever they want to write, so I don't want to put too much emphasis.
Speaker 2: But I haven't seen I.
Speaker 1: Haven't read a whole lot that where they said that Dylan Gabriel is better, has been played, has played better, or playing better than young?
Speaker 3: What did What did I tell you not too long ago? But how cam Look, I'm not saying those names again this time because I don't want to get nobody in no trouble. What did I tell you? And then exactly what that individual said, who's in there every day that plays on the other side of the ball and has to see it, exactly what he said way back then, we saw it show up, the fact that he's not getting first team reps with the ones of the tools and still went out there and looked the way he did. What does that tell you anybody to begin with?
Speaker 1: Damn the one of the tools, O Joe, he barely getting reps at all?
Speaker 3: And then stick, Okay, I'll say no more again, say no more so you're not doing him justice in practice, but still showed up in the game and looked the part and look like that. What does that say? But we gonna see Saturday, And I hope Delan Gabriel gets his opportunity because I would love to see what he does and then what he gives that offense and that that coach of staff that believes in him. I'm hoping he gets a fair shot. I'm hoping he does. I'm hoping he does. I would love to see it. I would love to see it. I know he's a competitor. He was great at organ he was really good. So I'm all, I'm all for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's let the guy like.
Speaker 1: It's like when you in that situation, the guy flashes normally, when guys flashes in camp. Oh, Joe, you and I both played the NFL for a long time. We both played at a high level every team that I've been on, when a guy flashes in practice, a guy flashes in the game, he gets he gets to move up, and he gets meaning for reps, more meaningful reps, meaning he's no longer on the third or fourth. They don't sneak some reps in with the two's maybe they'll give him one or two shots with the ones. That's normally how it works. They're not so setting their ways that it's like, oh, we just see this guy as It's kind of like TD.
Speaker 2: I gave private example. TD was.
Speaker 1: TD was a sixth round draft pick. TV was probably like the fifth or the sixth running back. But every day he made that play on kickoff, and every day you saw TV get a little better. They gave him a little bit more reps, and so all of a sudden, he go from six to five, from five to four, four to two after the first game of the season, TD one. Normally, that's how it plays out. Guys show you in the game, because when guys flashing practice O Joe, you're thinking to yourself, I wonder if he do that in the game. Hell, coach, put his ads in the game. Let's see what we could do that. That's normally how it happened. Wade Phillips, our defensive coordinator, That's how I got in the game. He said, Dan put his ass in the game. Let's see if they can cover it, because we can't. Damn Like, Okay, they put my ass in the game. Well, shr Door, I think Shaudor showed you something that he deserve it. I'm not saying he needs to do you need to implement him as the starter the number one.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, I didn't. We didn't say that.
Speaker 1: That's not what we're saying. But I think he's shown you enough. Friday just says, you know what, We might need to give him some more quality reps with guys that's going to be playing on Sunday, and let's see him facing the number one defense Miles Garrett, those guys over there. But let's give him Jerry Judy, Let's give him in Djoku. Let's see if he can replicate some of that what he did on Friday with the ones today. That's all we're saying.
Speaker 3: I can I say one more thing, go ahead. If you can do what he did without getting the practice reps in a game without the number ones around him, things only get easier when you have the ones at your disposal that are better at the position Cedric Tillman and Joku, Jerry ju. It only becomes easier, Uncle, It doesn't get it didn't get more difficult now once you're playing against the team that scheme for you and disguises and does all the all the stuff, you know, the game planning for you. Okay, that's different. Then you just have to process a little bit faster. That's all They line up and they just go.
Speaker 2: That's exactly how it is.
Speaker 1: But oo, you get better at something by doing sad things exactly.
Speaker 3: Hear what you just said. You get better something by doing sad thing. But he wasn't doing sad thing because he wasn't getting and still look the way he did.
Speaker 2: Agree.
Speaker 3: They don't do it that way. They that organization, they don't view it that way. How I don't know. I don't know, but I'm guessing in the in the in the direction in which they're going, I'm hoping they're right. They haven't been right in the thirty five quarterback that they tried previously. Or maybe I'm wrong.
Speaker 1: No, I just think I do believe that he's earned the right to get quality reps with the ones and twos. I'm not saying that you implement him that now he's QB one. I'm not saying it's QB two maybe, but I think he's earned that opportunity.
Speaker 3: I know one thing. I know one thing. They better put a statue of Andrew Berry outside that god damn stadium. Yeah, tell you that. I listen. I can already foresee how it's gonna go. I already know how it's gonna go. I I can already see it. They gonna continue to play, continue to play, continue to play, put everybody in front of him, continue to play. And then when this opportunity presents itself, like it did because of injury, he looked a certain way. You can't deny it. You can't deny it. No matter what you try to do, you can't deny it. You can't.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe and Cleveland doing this.
Speaker 1: Sometimes a man can make his destiny on the very road he took to avoid it. Sometimes you might they might even have their quarterback even though they tried to avoid giving him the unity. Come on, man, on the very road you took to avoid it, you found your destiny. I just I'm not saying I'm general manager. I'm not saying I'm a player personnel director. I just know that when guys flash go back to Tom Brady.
Speaker 2: They kept four quarterbacks that year.
Speaker 1: Coach Belichick said that he saw something in Tom that said, if he got more of an opportunity, he might be okay. He didn't know he was gonna be this hell, if he knew he was gonna be that, somebody would have taken him in the the first pick in the draft. But he flashed enough guys, you know, a late round pick. Okay, like he showed something. He just sometimes sometimes you just need time. Sometimes you need more opportunity, you know. Uh, looking at Trey Lance, Trey lamps like he needed time, time.
Speaker 2: Which the forty nine ers didn't have. The forty nine ers are on the clock.
Speaker 1: They got to win now with the roster that they have, they're not in rebuild. Well, the Cleveland what do you are? I mean, you just gave a guy one hundred and forty million dollars. He's under the assumption now he played it both ways. You know, I want out y'all not winning? Got the money? Hey, But what y'all what are y'all doing? Are y'all in rebuild or you're trying to win? Because y'all see who is in y'all division? Quarterbacks Lamar Jackson and Joe Burrow. Now, Lamar Jackson is twenty seven, twenty eight, he got he got another five to ten years in Baltimore. Joe Burrow might be a you're younger than Lamar. He's got another five to ten years in Cincinnati. Well, while y'all playing musical chairs with quarterbacks, they've identified their guy, uh and he's going to be there for the almost a decade. You're not beating a team that has an established quarterback playing musical chairs with quarterback.
Speaker 3: No, uh, not at all, not at all. I listen. I mean, it's it's exciting. It's exciting. And listen even as a as a Bengal fan, as a Bengal player at heart, it's it's enjoyable to be talking about the Brown. It's enjoyable.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 3: It's exciting, it's exciting for for for Brown fans. I mean, when's the last time you had a player of this magnitude, who's a rookie that has you guys in the national spot like that this right at all at all times.
Speaker 2: Basically, yeah, you gotta go back to Johnny football.
Speaker 3: Oh, hey boy, Johnny boy, Johnny was special. Way now the Texas him Johnny with special brack. You were special.
Speaker 1: So it's, uh, we'll we'll see. It'll be interesting to see when they go out to practice today. I mean to excuse me today, tomorrow, what comes back? What type of reps uh did should do or get? Did he get rep with the ones? Did he get a rep in two with the ones? Did he get anything with the two's or was he back relegated to be in the fourth quarterback and getting one rep with the with the Fords or no reps or just getting sidework. That's gonna be the tail that that's gonna tell us, so Joe, because what they're talking and and and what's actually happening, we'll find out. We'll find out, and we'll see what they do well how they played this thing out on Saturday when they play the game. Teams are reportedly monitoring Tyreek for potential trade. According to ESPN's Jeremy Fowler, I've talked to a few teams who are at least monitored his future a little bit. Could he be a potential trade target? Now? I know Dolphins earlier this summers were telling teams, no, we're not trading Tyreek Hill, but they just wonder is he going to be available? It could be wished for thinking maybe they want him to be available, but he's a player. When I bring up the teams, hey, who's sort of a trade target you're watching. They bring up Tyreek Hill, so we'll see. He's a big option for tour and they would be a major move if they did move a well a move away from him. Yes, so, Joe, are they will? They should? They your hometown team you grew up watching. Trade Tyreek Hughes. Absolutely not.
Speaker 3: You want a chance to compete in the AFSE East against the Buffalo Bills. You going a chan You take away one of the most dynamic weapons in the NFL? Are you serious? I love h Han, I love Wadle. They have some great.
Speaker 1: Water got nicked in Friday's practice, so he didn't play that.
Speaker 3: They have some great receivers also on that squad, but we talked about one of the greatest receivers they ever played, who is still very viable in one of the best in the game top five. I don't care about that goddamn down season. Come on now, the fastest still in the NFL. We talk about trading them, not that that makes no sense logically. If you're serious about winning, I need all hands on deck, the best weapons I can have too has that regardless of their issues personally, listen, I'm not there to like you. Everybody's not going to get along. We come into camp with one goal, one goal in mind to win games and hopefully compete for them. Lombardi in San Francisco. This ain't no goddamn kom by y'all moment. What are we talking about? You want your best players on your team offensively and defensively so you can go out there compete on Sundays at one o'clock. You don't trade them away, not when they're still this good. What sense does that make?
Speaker 1: I think a lot is predicated on tools health. He gets nicked again, they're gonna move.
Speaker 3: On how they just painted him last year. If Tour gets hurt, they're gonna go okay, you think so? M hmm, Wait a minute, wait, whoa wait a minute, I'm slow down, Wait slop, come on, n wait a minute. I don't want to help me understand that, because if Tour gets hurt, right wait, stay with me real quick. If it gets hurt Zach Wilson comes in, Why would you take that weapon away from Zach Wilson, who is also a service quarterback.
Speaker 1: I don't want him to hurt himself. You know, with with loaded weapons in the house, you gotta be careful with kids. That don't know how to handle them. Zach Wilson don't know what to do with that. And here's the thing, oh Joe, when people name keeps coming up his trade target, somebody talking, he said that Garremy Fola just said that basically, every time he reached out for a name, who should be monitoring why everybody keep reaching in Tyreek Hill's name?
Speaker 2: You know why?
Speaker 1: They they he had a down year. They didn't appreciate how he handled the end of the year, which I told you they were gonna be unhappy with that because what he got.
Speaker 2: On his chest.
Speaker 1: So Joe, he got that captain suck you you do things a little different than that a normal person. So even when you don't feel like, oh yo, sometimes you got to suck it up, like hey man, man, man, we ain't en't got no chance, man, we din thirty one to nothing at the start of the board. You can't come out. You got to go down with the shimp. They didn't like how he handled that. There are some other things that's that was going on. They didn't like how, oh Joe, he got off to a bad start. Remember the first game of the season, the police, you know, he coming through the States, are you coming into the stadium. You know got a Coles cambell and handcuffs. They got John neu Smith, you know they it's just like.
Speaker 2: Is this too much? And so.
Speaker 1: I do believe the Dolphins had had had mentioned that had potentially dangled him out there.
Speaker 3: Listen, you could dangle all you want. You can them like you can dangle them like his missiletoe. Ye and me and somebody somebody will come along show up. One of the top five threats in the NFL from an offensive offensive weapons. That's a dream come true. Allowing him to be available. What did we talk about some of the team that's on the verge of you know what, if we can add this to our offense, that gives us another weapon, that gives another chance to get that much better. Man, come on, man, please please, I can understand if he has slowed down or he's not the same Tyreek he used to be. Man, I just watched young Bull run. Goddamn one, he can't even know track run up. He's a football player, someone that is fast as he is, that is dynamic as he is on the field on Sundays, even when he loses step in when he's thirty five. He's still fasten everybody else. But you know what, we're gonna sing him out there for trade talks.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 3: He makes our offense that much easier. He makes it easy for Wadle, he makes it easy for Tour, He makes it easy for eight Cham Why because they always got to have somebody on the top of that young bull both ways he opens, Huh, this is what we want to trade. Come on, man, stop playing. We want a chance to be able to beat the Bills. We want who give us our best chance to beat the Bills? Well, maybe just the most dynamic receiver of all time in the history of the game that happens to be on our team. Hell, we can't even beat Josh Shadow. Now we talk about trading away what? Man? Stop playing? What are we talking about? Maybe maybe maybe the talks, or maybe this is getting to get in line. Maybe this should get him to stop some of the shenanigans he doing. You know, take away his personality? Why would you do that? Don't take away what makes him him? I don't know. I don't know. Anytime they're talks like that, unk, you know it comes from where I know that most of the time to come from in the house. The call is always coming from in the house.
Speaker 2: Jeremy said, but he's a player.
Speaker 1: When I bring up to teams, hey, who is sort of a trade target you're watching, they bring up Tyreek Hill. So no matter the team, when he's like, man, who you're watching, who you think might get traded? Everybody think it the same way.
Speaker 3: If we talk about getting traded, we'll be waiting on. What are we waiting on? What are we waiting on? Why are we waiting for the season to start the trading? If that was the point, Hey, you could have got rid him last year in the off season, during the draft, the season get ready to start. Now he hadn't been through training camp playing where he's not playing preseason games. You could let him go already. So what's the point of the conversation being brought up before the season even started. That makes no sense.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know there's been some trade deadlines. I mean, some guys right at the trade deadline get moved.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you one thing. The right team gonna get him. Hell I wouldn't. Don't don't be surprised to end up back in Kansas City. Yeah, yeah, don't don't be surprised. You see what they got, Tyree, she writes, And what's my dog name? It was with Arizona Man.
Speaker 1: Oh, Hollywood, come on man, stop playing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, play around if you want to. You think you think Mahomes won't be up there, mister Reed, mister hunt Man going and get ten and bring him on back over here. Yeah, okay, and kills it. But y'all want to play.
Speaker 1: They got Robert Tanya too. Yeah, he was really good at Green Bay until.
Speaker 2: He hurted me.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. Hollywood Brown probably come on down, you know, Brown heat from the crib. I can see that trade. I'm just throwing this out there hypothetically. Oh you want to trade? Okay, Yeah, we're seeing Hollywood Brown down to Miami. So we're gonna exchange speed for speed.
Speaker 1: That's a I mean, Hollywood. They making the kind of money Tyreek is thirty million, Hollywood Brown might be waking.
Speaker 2: Five six uh.
Speaker 1: Dolphin general manager Chris Greer said in April before the draft that he had no intentions of dealing Tyreek, but an offer including two first round picks would be enticing. Nobody's gonna give up that. Nobody gonna give up on two first round picks for no receiver, and and and playing got to pay it. No, no, now, maybe a second, maybe a second, maybe a third and the fifth.
Speaker 2: Howld Tyreek thirty thirty one.
Speaker 3: Is a player we can use and worry about the age factor.
Speaker 2: I don't what teams do.
Speaker 1: Listen, oh Joe, you know they put they put expiration dates on everything.
Speaker 3: They can do that, but this expiration Listen, the expiration date on that one is a little different than everybody else. I know, place through the games you're gonna win stupid prizes.
Speaker 2: I just don't believe he's going for two first round picks.
Speaker 1: I think if they made I believe, had they made it more palatable, I believe they traded him the soft season.
Speaker 3: If they're like, okay, that would have made more sense. It is off season draft, yes, right now, we look it up before the season starts.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: I mean Davante went for two first rounders what four years ago? But how it was Davante Davonte was what twenty seven then? Mhm, So it's gonna it's gonna be extremely interesting. Uh, he was twenty eight at a time he thirty two. Okay, Nah, only a quarterback thirty one can go for two first riders you'll trade. You'll trade two first riders for Lamar, You'll trade two first riders for Mahome. Hell, you give up three first rounders for those, Josh Allens, Joe Berh. There are certain guys. Yeah, and I don't think any of those guys. I think Mahomes will be thirty his birthday, right, But I don't think any of those guys are thirty currently.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: But it's gonna be It's gonna be interesting. It's gonna be very interesting to see how this season starts, because a lot of time is how to see how's the season going. Ojoe, we ain't got no chance for the playoffs. We got a chance for the playoffs. Let's go ahead and get some draft capital, O Joe, Let's go ahead and get this thirty thirty one, thirty thirty one million dollars.
Speaker 3: Uh, Yes, okay, I mean I like it from from from that standpoint, I understand it.
Speaker 2: They that's how they think.
Speaker 3: I know that.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: I know the business side of it because if you're not using the thirty one thirty one million dollar receiver the right way, you're paying thirty one for a reason not using them in the man in which he's making thirty one for a reason. Well, that's on you.
Speaker 1: That's on you, Oh Joe. The Chargers have Justin Herbert doing running back drills. You've got to check out this video courtesy of Nate Ghanci. God see God's me.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 2: That's a that's something.
Speaker 1: Jim Harbor putting together, because that's that's that's that's something you would do.
Speaker 3: Have everybody are doing doing running back drills.
Speaker 2: Going through the garlet.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know sometimes you know, you know, you know, you come through, Oh yoe, you know they you know you're working on your grip. They're gonna tug, they gonna yeah, but normally they don't have the guy getting abof the ground like the running but like a running back, like a running back would.
Speaker 3: Now you go.
Speaker 1: But but that's the only thing. I mean, the guys, the guys, you know, guy's tugged. You know, you get the ball. You're not used to carrying the football, hey, he said, making sure you keep it secure. Uh, But like I said, I mean, normally they do it a different way than that. But hey, Jim has his way of doing things and it's kind of served him well because he's one and it didn't take him long to start winning once he got there.
Speaker 2: So, uh, I don't have any problem. And man, you.
Speaker 3: Got me, hot man, Now you got me, hot man. I'm just sitting here thinking about it.
Speaker 2: What you hot for?
Speaker 3: I'm talking about? Talk about trading Tyreek? Man, that's almost as ridiculous as saying, you know.
Speaker 1: What they traded random? Are they traded tarrl Owens? They traded James Laughton. So now I'm will ask you again. Now you tell me which one of those three guys Tyreek is better than? Right now, they cut Jerry Rice. Now you tell me with one of the four guys I named, Tyreek's better than.
Speaker 3: I'm still mad, still mad? Now have you right every right to be mad? Because I'm thinking about my Dolphins. I'm thinking about my Dolphins. Listen in us, in us having a chance for those that say, oh you a bangl blah blah blah Manater. I was born at Jackson Memorial Hospital. I was born at Jackson Momhorial Hospital right there over town, at three oh eight on Jerry in nineteen sixty eight. Therefore, I grew up watching the Dolphins, Dan Marinozanka, Mark Duper. So therefore that is where my love and passion enthusiasm being a dolphin fan comes from. So the fact that he gives us our best chance to compete offensively in the ASC's against an animal that they have down there in Buffalo, New York, by the name of Josh.
Speaker 2: Allen up there. But yeah, we know you going.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, what are we What are we talking about?
Speaker 2: Are we even trying?
Speaker 1: I mean down there, he'd be playing the Cuba. I said, if people down he'd be in Cuba. But you'd answer my question, o Jo, I asked you. I gave you some names. I said, they cut Jerry, they traded Randy, They traded James Lofton, they traded t O. I just gave you four names. I said, now, which one TiO better than they cut Jerry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right, that's just the bensiness.
Speaker 2: Repeat what I just said.
Speaker 3: You said they cut Randy, they cut too.
Speaker 1: They traded. They traded Randy first, they trade. Remember they traded Randy to Oakland. Oakland traded him to uh to Know, traded him to New England. New England traded him back to Minnesota. Minnesota. I think Minnesota released I mean he went to Tennessee and then he ended up and then he ended up in with the forty nine ers.
Speaker 3: Damn, man, I just don't say it's icky business owns God, just just just think just thinking about that, man.
Speaker 1: I mean, well you if you think about it. T O t O was a free agent and there was some mix up with the paper because he was supposed to go to Baltimore.
Speaker 3: Oh he won't going to Baltimore. Oh no, remember that. I remember that conversation. Oh he won't going to Baltimore.
Speaker 1: Absolutely well, I mean his name was kind of on the contract, but that's neither heard. We'll move over to that. And then he goes to Philly. We saw what happened to Philly. Phil Philly released him. He goes to Dallas. He got released the Dallas. So we're talking about bro Cowboy.
Speaker 2: You know the Cowboys released image, right they did.
Speaker 3: Hey, it's nature of the business. It's grimy. That's why you got to get as much as you can while you're in it.
Speaker 1: Yes, you get no, you get no qualm from your boss because we both we both have been.
Speaker 2: On the ends and we know how this thing works. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And when you when you when you play a professional sport, money and memories.
Speaker 2: You try to gather as much of both of you can because it's gonna end here at some point.
Speaker 3: It's it's a small window of your life. The NFL. It stands not for long because it's a small opportunity. And the years go by so fast. Huh. You look up, you be like, well, god, damn, I mean.
Speaker 2: You're seven already.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, yep, that's why you got to You got to protect your chicken. But the fund. But at that ride, man, it goes by so fast like a roller coaster, you don't even realize it.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Pete Carroll was asked today about Geno smith obscene gesture as he defended his quarter. He said, did you see the sign? Did you see what the sign said? Next question, well, we know what the sign said. Bigger bus Gino or JaMarcus Russell with Gino and Max Crosby over reacting.
Speaker 3: Hey, I mean I was. That's a tough one. I wouldn't say overreacted. Boom, you're talking trashing me. You gotta sign right in my face all I've done for you. I'm back here in Seattle, and that's what you think of me. I laid my life up. The lineage your quarterback number one for a couple of years. You know, things didn't workout, and that's how you think of me. I'm coming back. I'm coming back with grace. I love you. I did everything I could for you as a Seahawk, and that's how you feel. Now you feel I'm a bus What are we talking about?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 3: If anything, you should be applauding me. Clap for me. I know as a quarterback number one, you hold me to a standard as is in comparison to some of the greats. I wasn't Tom Brady, I wasn't Peyton Manning. But I've done all I could and laid it on the line for you week in and week out.
Speaker 1: Twelve Well cool, it's not even It's not even close to being true. Now, if Geno Smith was Ryan Leaf, have a conversation about him, Ginos I mean him or JaMarcus.
Speaker 3: Don't do that as a fan, like, come on, man, that's.
Speaker 2: Not Gino was comeback Player of the Year.
Speaker 1: He threw a career high thirty touchdown lead the league and completion percentage, and earned back to back Pro Bowls. So, by no stretch of their imagination, is Geno Smith a bus?
Speaker 3: No but I mean, listen, fans do certain things and get up on of your skin. You know, you leave a situation most of the time and you come back. Some people let their true feelings show on how they really feel about you. Now, I understand your look. You might be to the Seahawks, but all I've done. This is how you really feel about me truthfully, now that I'm not here. Even if you yes, man, don't don't do me like that. Yes, don't do me like that. You mean I dated you for for for four five, six, six years and now that I'm going Wait, this is how you truly feel about me now that I'm no longer around because I'm a no balance. Yes, that hurts, that stings. So I can understand where the middle finger came from. I understand, like, what are we talking about? I sacrifice you to make you happy. On Sundays at one o'clock, I was throwing touchdown the DK and Tyler locket to make you happy, no off fan.
Speaker 2: I A lot of players play for.
Speaker 1: Teammates, respect, coaches, trust, fans, appreciation. I guess you didn't appreciate me as much much as I thought you did, So it does hurt when you put it what you when you put what you put into it. Lebron might not ever meant this, but it hurt him going back to Cleveland, considering what he gave him.
Speaker 2: Here. He left.
Speaker 1: But Braun, I did let her alive for you. I gave you seven great years, did all I could, and then you burn my jersey. You say all these things about Geno's like.
Speaker 2: I had to.
Speaker 1: I resurrected my career in Seattle. All I wanted was to be appreciated. I know my teammates respected me. I know my coaches trusted me. Does when you put when you put a lot into something, Ah grandy, just say all the time, boy, I hate an ungrateful person. That irks me too. That irks me too. I hate ungratefulness.
Speaker 2: M hm.
Speaker 3: Hm.
Speaker 1: We see out of the best. Sometimes you better be careful what you wish for. You thought you. I guess you that like uh you that like uh gino, Well, ain't no, ain't no, ain't no thing that you're getting.
Speaker 2: What's this came from? Uh Minnesota? Don uh say, I'm Donald ain't no guarantee he ain't got the weapons that he had in Minnesota.
Speaker 1: He ain't got no jedile he ain't got no Adison, he ain't got Hawkinson, he ain't got Aaron Jones, and he ain't got Kevin O'Connor. Call him plays he got and we saw the We saw the last two games, right, did.
Speaker 2: You see the last two games?
Speaker 3: You got jed?
Speaker 2: Oh? So what oo? What was the craziest sign you saw? The player? Oh?
Speaker 3: Man, that's a good one. On that's that's a good one.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, Oh my goodness. I enjoyed those environments too, Uncle, I, Oh my goodness. The craziest sign probably the old the old Oho instead of sink, probably stinko. Yeah, yeah, yeah most of the time. And then it's so funny. They would have their signs, they would have their signs, and I would talk trash back and you know, walk walk up to the stands and.
Speaker 2: Talk, didn't you sign one of their signs?
Speaker 3: Didn't you sign somebody a sign? Time and listen And they always say the same thing, Listen, we do this because we love you. It had nothing for the team, but you want our favorites. And everybody say the same thing. They don't really mean it, but they don't have a choice but to go against me, because if.
Speaker 2: You really did suck.
Speaker 1: Nobody says the guy that they're getting in the game, you suck, right, it's all of the players that's really good. It sucked, which means you don't. You don't actually suck. That means you're very very good. Ain't nobody doing Tom Brady's back up? They Brady? They're not boy, they're not boring to Peyton Man, the guy that I guarantee you if if the quarterback. I mean, look, they're gonna blue the poling team. But the loudest boos. Let's just say Tom Brady wasn't first, he was third. They're gonna be looking for Brady because they want to boo him. You bow greatness.
Speaker 2: About it.
Speaker 3: I love playing in hostile and I love love. I couldn't it's playing at home and cool. That's fun. But I like cursing and talking trash and all that that did. That was just I was so comfortable being uncomfortable in hostile environments.
Speaker 1: Well, y'all, y'all rival, y'all rival was was Cleveland because remember when Sam Whye you got on the phone and said, don't throw batteries. You live in Cincinnati, you don't live in Cleveland. Yeah, you got that that was. That was you guys, because you're both in the Ohio, Ohio. So so it's uh uh, it's a it's a natural it's a natural rivalry. I mean, look, there was no love lost in it. Before they renamed it the a f C North, it was the a f C Central. I think it was still the a f C Central when you got in.
Speaker 2: They changed it.
Speaker 1: Like in oh two they went to the food for the eight the uh uh the four team divisions because it used to be Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, uh, Baltimore, Tennessee and Jacksonville. We were all in one division on jes we all we were all in one division and then they you know, they split it up and then they took Jacksonville in Tennessee and put them in the South.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Uh, we used to be in Seattle, used to be in the AFC West. Then they went to the NFC West, but it states, uh the Chargers, the Raiders us in Kansas City. But uh, like when you got like the the Raiders, you know, obviously the Raiders and and it was our biggest rivals because we came in. They came in like the AFL together the Chiefs, but it's different player. It's definitely different playing on the road than at home. You feel it as you're driving in. Everybody's already tailgating and them you know what I'm saying, Oh Joe, they already tailgating, and they they do it. They throw in the football. They got their drinking beer already, Like how the hell y'all drinking beer at nine o'clock in the morning. But they, you know, they getting their things. They getting there, they grilling. Uh Cleveland, Cleveland fans, I will give them credit for as little as they've won in the last thirty plus years, them mofos show over.
Speaker 2: I ain't I ain't never look.
Speaker 1: I can understand had they went to the AFC Championship Game or they went to the Super Bowl, and even if they lost, but the way they show up for their team to not win more than what they do, I ain't seen nothing like it. Ain't no way. I'm anicole. Let alone get up and fourteen is going forour and four and thirteen, four and twelve.
Speaker 3: Oh I had I had a special relationship with those Cleveland fans, especially Big Dog. I'm not sure what Big Dog is at this point. Every time I do I'm on here and we talk about Cleveland. I always curious how Big Dog is doing everyone that's sat in that. I think that might be the North the North end zone. They showed such love in a hostile way, and I made sure to show that love back, even though obviously they're they're the opposing fans. But I've always showed them respect. They've always showed me respect, and they knew understood when it was game time. When it's game time, man, forget you were gon. We're gonna have some fun. And I remember, I remember getting permissioned. I think I might be the only person that's done that and been accepting of that. Is when I did. I leaped in the dog pound. Remember remember when I jumped in the dog pound. So I asked a big dogs before the game start, I said, listen, if I happened to on this end, I want to jump to you. No disrespect, but let me jump to you. And he said, yeah, well come on and do it and long behold.
Speaker 2: You know he one person, right, yeah.
Speaker 3: Big dog, Yeah, one part the big big man, big man.
Speaker 2: But there's more people in the.
Speaker 3: Listen. I scored on that end and I looked for him and I saw him I jumped right to him. Everybody else around, man, I smelled like being to hold the rest of the game, it did.
Speaker 2: They shove your hands, but listen, that was he.
Speaker 3: That was a great moment for me. Man, that was a great moment Cleveland Brown.
Speaker 2: Yeah you you you y for them. It was awesome.