Speaker 1: Start up, dot Up, start Up, Brooklyn Boys, start Up, Brooklyn Boys, start up, dot up. They making noise, dot up, start.
Speaker 2: Up, dat Up.
Speaker 1: Episode three fifty five. This is the Brooklyn Boys Podcast. Welcome, Thank you so much for joining. If this is your first time, David Brody's over there, I'm scary.
Speaker 2: Yes, waiting for you to take a breath.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're doubting me here. Earlier, you before we came on the area. You I was like, yeah, this is episode three fifty five, and you were like, no, it's not Yeah.
Speaker 3: Man, I sometimes find it hard to believe we've done this many episodes, yes, because because it's three fifty five plus episode zero, plus a couple of like interview episodes. We did bonus ones with no numbers. We've been around a minutes, like three fifty eight. I mean it's it's been over eight years.
Speaker 2: See that. I find that hard to believe.
Speaker 3: If your kid was born when we started this podcast, they're in third grade now right roughly, that's crazy to think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one day we'll win an award for this.
Speaker 3: Well, we got nominated. We came in second. Yeah, and that was so long ago. That was second Jejbruary of twenty nineteen, second, fourth year, fourth year, No scary thirty year, seventeen and eighteen. We were nominated for the second and the awards were in nineteen and we didn't win. But that's okay. We lost it again. Just a reminder. We lost to Joe Rogan. So if we could percentage wise get close to what he makes, that'd be great. Then I could pay for my own parking tickets.
Speaker 1: How about you can pay for your own parking tickets right now? You just don't believe in yourself?
Speaker 3: No, no, but I believe it myself. I don't believe in my bank account. What do you mean believe in myself? I know I can do it. I know I can do it. This isn't a little engine that could.
Speaker 1: You gotta have cash man, cash money money, cash hose.
Speaker 2: Isn't that the sane?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: By the way, uh, I play uh you know, I play pickleball.
Speaker 3: But there's a person at pickleball and they were like, oh, how come you're only you know, playing a couple of days a week. You were playing so much over the summer. I said, well, it was unlimited playing this summer. I have to pay for it, so that's why. But you know, my schedule changed and I'm out of it available. Yeah, so she says, oh, well, I'm playing pickleball six days a week. I said, really, She says, yeah, I'm a government employee. I've been furloughed, so I'm not getting paid, so I've got nothing to do but play pickleball. In fact, she told me about a pickleball place. It's in It's in fair Law in or Fairfield. I always confused it too. It's in one of those two in New which is northern New Jersey. You guys can google it. It's one of them, and it's it's called x or Pickleball x or ex pickleball, something like that. And apparently some days a week or every day they're open twenty four hours a day.
Speaker 1: Well that's awesome. It's got to be more than a pickleball play. It's got to be like a pickup joint too, right. I don't know.
Speaker 2: All I know is you get an ID card.
Speaker 1: Now you could scan in like a job, like you work there, and you scan in and you can go in like there's nobody working the door. There's nobody there. It sounds like up front for people in disgruntled marriages. People that don't want to spend time with this other. So they're like, fuck it, I'm going to play it one in the morning, play pickleball.
Speaker 2: See that, get the hell away. See that from the kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I could see that if you were in a relationship or a marriage that wasn't spot on. But anyway, So, furloughed employees, if you're looking for work to do, you know something to keep you busy until the government figures out how to reopen.
Speaker 2: I go go to the twenty four pickleble places. There must be one near you wherever you live.
Speaker 1: Or work on your fitness. I'll be working on fitt iness. Hamburger in my mouth. I'm so hungry right now.
Speaker 3: Scary part of my fitness is is uh playing pickleball. By the way, I played pickleball last night with a guy I played with maybe five or six times before.
Speaker 2: Very nice guy, very nice guy.
Speaker 3: We'll call him baseball Hat because he always plays with a baseball hat.
Speaker 2: And I was.
Speaker 3: I played with him and we won, so we split and now he's on the other team.
Speaker 1: M hm.
Speaker 3: So I I hit a ball, uh, let's say, to the left side of the court, and he goes running for it and his partner goes running for it and I and they hit it back to me.
Speaker 2: Great return.
Speaker 3: So I hit the ball to the right, so they got to run back to the other side. Well, the guy starts running back to the other side, and all of a sudden, he grabs the back of his legs, starts limping, and leans up against the wall, screaming in pain. I go, I go, what's what's the matter? He goes, I go, did you twist your ankle? He says, I heard something pop. Oh, oh, that's not good.
Speaker 2: That's not good. That's not good at all. Sounds like a hammy. No, no, no, Well, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I had him put his arm around my shoulder, like around my you know, my shoulders, another guy around his shoulders, and we had him like hop over to the resting area. We put ice on it, whatever, and I guess he went home at some point. Well, he messaged me on Facebook a little while ago he has a Grade two tear of his calf muscle.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's gotta hurt. That's gotta be that's gotta be some long term damage.
Speaker 3: But that's that's eight eight weeks recovery. So he will not be playing pickleball, all right, I don't see I don't see that happening in my future.
Speaker 2: Well, participating in sports or running.
Speaker 1: Yeah, although I've been on myes, I got I gotta, I gotta say no.
Speaker 2: So scary.
Speaker 3: That reminds me and slices if this could happen to you, it's happening to let me know, Uh scared?
Speaker 2: Do you lift weights when you go to the gym?
Speaker 1: I sure do.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 3: I've been talking to you about my Brooklyn friend I call him paper Menu.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: Right, here's a new thing now where he uh he texts me Instagram links instead of sending him to me as a DM, and just shut's annoying, and I go, listen, I love I love the content you send me, but I don't want to He's like, I, like I said, I don't want to have to look at your Instagram videos where you want me to. My phone's vibrating. I'm a middle of something. Just DM me and I look at it?
Speaker 2: What I want to look at it? He says, No, I like instagratification.
Speaker 3: I like to send to you and then you get you to say, you know, laugh and tell me it's funny right away anyway.
Speaker 2: So here's why I.
Speaker 3: Brought up paper menu, paper menu. Works out is a gym in his basement. He's always been muscular, right, always jacked. Not like a bodybuilder, but like you know, big arms, you know, upper body, good looking guy.
Speaker 2: He works out well.
Speaker 3: He heard something pop and he and he went to the doctor, went to the orthopedist, and he sent me. He sent me screenshots of the diagnosis.
Speaker 1: Scary.
Speaker 3: There's eleventy five things wrong that he tore, snapped, popped, ripped tendons. Sounds like a breakfast cereal. Yeah, snap, crackle and ripped. Uh. He he damaged things in his shoulder, his arms, Oh no, no, no, oh no, biceps, triceps.
Speaker 1: He may have to have surgery neck, his neck, his back.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So don't don't stop trying to be healthy. Okay, no, yeah, Well you could do it in a in a in a calculated way. That's why I do it on this He's been working out for thirty years. But I do it under the surveillance of a trainer. That's it. It's not about knowing what you're doing. It's about being very scientific and mathematical about about the workout, about what you're working out, about how many reps you're doing about which muscle groups. My guy is fantastic. He's doing he trains, he trains NHL players and NFL guys. They come to the invention now, scary, what are you up to? No, it's not about it's not about the amount. It's about what's good for you. You're curling five five five pounders, five pounders? I do about they came up the ones that come with a yoga man.
Speaker 2: Thirty thirty pounds dumbbells.
Speaker 1: No like I I uh deadlift how many the barbell I forgot. I'm a different weight to different for different exercises. I do the like you're doing, like fifty rose rose. I do the rose A seated rose. I don't know, like thirty forty pounds. I'm in that ring each rose rose, the flower. You do some roses? What are you talking about? You said you do seated rose. I'm liked rose. Yeah, okay, all right, well we're talking Jim.
Speaker 2: Let's not talk to you.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: No, do you do like with a video screen where you see the little video man rowing the boat and you gotta get to the finish line. No, no, no, no, no, no. A seated row is when.
Speaker 2: When you're a video game pulling it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, this is like a thing where you could do several things. You could have a pull down bar.
Speaker 2: You could do like.
Speaker 1: Twelve different exercises on this one machine, on this one apparatum.
Speaker 2: How many pounds can you lift?
Speaker 1: Lifting with like dumbbells lifting we're not doing. I don't do dead lifts from the floor. I crush my back, but I have sat down, I've laid I've on my back, and I've lifted.
Speaker 2: Forty pounds in each in each arm. But you do ten reps, you do ten ten ups and down and then it's like a burger for you.
Speaker 1: And then uh, but then when you're if I'm bending over the bench and I'm pulling up from my left, you know, my my then then at it's like I think about I'm not thirty pounds. But then there's also you do clean and jerk? Well you can jerk? What do you then? When I do my traps, it's a legit, that's a legit. You clean and jerk is a weightlifting term.
Speaker 2: I never heard of that. It's it's not jerk and clean, it's clean and jerk. I know that's got to be an outdated reference Olympic of it's it's an Olympic event, that's what.
Speaker 1: Are you talking about. Well, if I'm doing like these, like the things where it looks like I'm a bird trying to take flight, those are I can only do like five ten pounds with those seven point five pounds in each arm because it's it's hard to lift like that from an outstretched arm.
Speaker 2: And then yeah, those cafeteria lady arms. I do pull downs. I do all kinds of things. I do planks. What do you pull down? I do well?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: I also do I do your pants? I hope no pull down? Pull down? You pull down the bar or you pull down? Oh you pull down your pants?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: And then and then the ball, the medicine ball, the med ball. I usually take a twenty pound twenty pounds slams squat squat slams. So you hold the twenty pound medicine bowl over your head and you you with all your might, slam it to the floor and do a and do a squat. So you do I do twenty with a twenty pound one. When you slam it to the floor, you let go of it. Yeah, you you bounce it on the floor like you try and smash it into the floor.
Speaker 2: Let go of it like an unhappy baby. Unhappy baby.
Speaker 1: Right, and then yeah, I'm doing the ball and I do lunges with with kettlebells. I do lunges with how having the kettlebells, I can go up to like twenty pounds two pounds, no, oh, twenty pounds, ten to twenty pounds. I started with ten. I do all kinds of things I do. He's got me doing sit ups. Okay, so this goes out to the lady slices. I want you to leave a talk back.
Speaker 3: You know what you what you think of seven pounds uh seven pound weights in each hand?
Speaker 2: If that well, that's still.
Speaker 1: But that's only for that's only for the ones where that's by your side and you have to outstretch your arms and lift them, lift them like a crows, like your crust, like like like a t you're going like like you're stretching out your arms right like you said, yeah, on the cross, I'll tell you listen of all of these things. And I did the row the rower machine. I do the roa where you have to pull and lean back in the seat and it yeah, like rowing a boat. I understand. That means, yeah, I tried. I do about a mile and a half on each and three reps of that I do.
Speaker 2: I do the bike. The bike's green. I'll tell you what and I'll tell you it's not great. Is my push up? Your roma?
Speaker 1: My push up capabilities?
Speaker 2: Cannot do a push up. I can't do a proper push up yet.
Speaker 1: And I can't do like a pull up or a chin up like I can't pull my my body weight over my over the bar.
Speaker 2: Can't lift myself up sit ups. See I can do sit ups? Yeah? What about uh? Ten?
Speaker 1: I do ten at a time and then ten and then take a break, and you do three rep you do three.
Speaker 2: Rounds of it? Three reps or how many? How many sds can you do?
Speaker 1: Sds? What's an SDH S S S your D?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: You think is that what I'm working?
Speaker 1: Your own d? Is that what I'm up to? Is that what I'm my goal is going to be? I have a feeling it is the end game of doing crunches and sit ups is to s my own D.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think I think everybody thinks that. Yes, it's not true.
Speaker 1: All right, Well we'll find out when all of a sudden you're off Ano a couple of weeks and Brody, you know where I was supposed to be tonight, Well, at the gym working out with those seven pounds weight.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: I I was actually gonna go see Sabrina Carpenter by myself, but I opted.
Speaker 2: I had two tickets. You couldn't find anyone to.
Speaker 1: Go with I had. I had an option to go with one of our friends from the record label, and I I'm but I was gonna go by myself. He was like, I'm not going, He goes, I'll give you the ticket.
Speaker 4: Go.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna be there for the pregame stuff and then just go. And then I'd be like, that's awkward because I can't see myself as a grown ass man sitting at the Supretor Carpenter concert by myself. I feel like I would be judged.
Speaker 2: Only if you're wearing a trench coat. I don't know, it's awkward. Now, wouldn't people be looking at me funny? Uh?
Speaker 3: No, because any little any young girl that you sat next to, people would assume you were that father.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if I'm by myself in the arena, how would anyone know you're in a seat next to somebody else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but listen, you know you listen, you become accustomed to your surroundings really quickly. People in the vicinity would know really quickly that I'm by myself because I'm not talking to anybody. People become they know their surroundings. They I don't know. I just doesn't seem doesn't seem right to me.
Speaker 3: Well, would you go to a concert, I werow a rock band by yourself? Is it the fact that it's an audience that's probably a young female.
Speaker 2: As a rock band is different. See.
Speaker 1: I brought this to the morning show and Danielle was the first one to jump out of the out of her seat.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh no, that's awkward, that's weird.
Speaker 1: See it's It's one of those things, Brodie, where if you don't because on other days we'll have conversations like, oh, why scary? Why are you so afraid about going to the movies by yourself? Why are you so afraid to go get dinner and sit at the counter by yourself? What is it you don't like about yourself? Why you know? What are you hiding? What's going on here? What's wrong with you? Nobody's looking at you, but then you try and make the same argument for going to a Sabrita concert Sabrina concert for yourself, and all of a sudden it is creepy.
Speaker 2: I can't go on.
Speaker 1: If we had the conversation, we can't go walk in a park in the middle of the afternoon by ourself.
Speaker 3: Oh, of course you can't. You just can't go in a school yard by yourself.
Speaker 2: Okay, why double standard?
Speaker 3: No, No, because you shouldn't be in a school yard scary as an adult. You're not a teacher, you don't belong.
Speaker 2: Okay, riddle this back. Walk.
Speaker 1: You can walk through a park. People walk through Central Park all the time. Parks they walk.
Speaker 2: As we speak.
Speaker 1: The my building where I live is having their annual Halloween party, okay upstairs in the penthouse lounge, and it's like, oh, all are welcome, all units are welcome. Well the lion's share of people. That are the people that are going there. I saw, well my own eyes in the lobby before. They are parents with their kids and their kids are dressed up. I saw this beautiful little, you know, eleven year old witch. She was like she was like wicked, you know how old she was. Whatever I'm you know, and I'm seeing people dressed up. So everybody's going everyone's going up to the to the Penthouse lounge. And of course, as a resident here, I have a right to go up there too, but I'm refraining from going up there.
Speaker 2: Why you're in a costume with a mask, No one's gonna know who you are. That's weird.
Speaker 1: Or everyone's in costume. It's a halloween party. But even without a costume, that's weird. Oh no, here comes the guy, the guy who lives alone, and he's showing up here at the Halloween party. And he doesn't have any wife or kids. And it's worse. I'm not even a single female. I'm a single male, So you do.
Speaker 2: I don't get it.
Speaker 1: Why can't middle aged mal a middle aged male is showing up to the Halloween party in the penthouse lounge? Okay, I found it awkward. Now everyone now the guy you know, the front desk persons, like, it would.
Speaker 3: Be awkward if someone came up to you and you weren't wearing a costume and they're like, oh, nice, dorky DJ costume.
Speaker 2: You're like, you're wearing a costume, but is it weird?
Speaker 1: That would be funny, My doorman was like, hey, scary, you're gonna go up there on I'm like, hell was your doorman and not someone dressed as a door downstairs in the lobby. I said to the doorman. The doorman said to me, hey, you going up there later. I'm like, fuck, no, yeah, hey going up there? Why are you so listen?
Speaker 3: You're someone who goes on stage and does stage announcements and embarrasses yourself. You don't care. You say the dumbest shit to be a radio DJ on the airy. I want to put the honk in the bunker. Remember that when you went to hunk a bunker. You're gonna put the honk in the bunker.
Speaker 2: I have no fear.
Speaker 1: I'll take the microphone at MetLife Stadium at Madison Square.
Speaker 2: Garden as I have, as I have in the past.
Speaker 3: So go up to the Halloway party by yourself holding a microphone, and then you'll get your comfort level that about that kind and go, hey, what's up?
Speaker 2: Who wants? Who wants?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Sabrina carp with the tickets? No, no, that's it. Just go up there. It's just weird.
Speaker 1: So so I avoided I avoided the Sabrina concert. I avoided the Halloween part body, she would have hugged you. I avoided the halloween party going on upstairs. And I'm avoiding all things where it would be perceived as creepy for a solo, middle aged male to be seen.
Speaker 2: And I guess that includes all school yards. Yes, so it starts with schoolyards scary. It doesn't just include but you should.
Speaker 1: Not be here. We would I what purpose would I serve if I went upstairs right now? Okay, okay, think about this. Families, moms and dad, fighter, maybe some candy.
Speaker 2: I'm not hanging around.
Speaker 1: Maybe you meet maybe there's another single guy up there who wants who needs a friend in the building. You'd be like, oh, hey, fancy meeting you here at the old building. You don't know one person in your building?
Speaker 2: Well, that was to live there. That was the next thing.
Speaker 1: Not only you lived in your building twenty years, eighteen years, eighteen years, eighteen years. I said, twenty it's close. You don't know anyone. You don't go to the hall, go hey Mike. You're on the elevator. You're like, hey, Pete, Okay, there's a different buddy. There's a difference. Okay, First of all. I know the staff. All the staff and I love each other.
Speaker 2: We know each other.
Speaker 1: We have easel the packages you need and you give them. Know the carpenter, the super the door people. Everybody's friendly.
Speaker 2: We're all friendly. The painters who ripped you off, I don't know you're okay? How I don't know what if you if so you can help you.
Speaker 1: Yes, what's the name of the person who lives about of you that had the leak? Wasn't there some problem when it was like your whole line was class I forgot his name on your line? Had elect You don't even know his name?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Because you only certain people in this building, I don't know most people are just I'm an oddity in this building.
Speaker 2: I really am, you know. I do know.
Speaker 1: Listen, I have acquaintances in this building. I have people. Maybe there's a if if I could probably count on my one hand maybe a little bit more the the people if I saw them that I would know their name. I know, I know that there's a few people here that I know their name by just by like saying, oh, hey, how you doing, And I'll know them by first name. The rest are like a little like a little hello and goodbye in the elevator, like head nod, like, hey, what's up? I do know the guy across across the way from me who plays the piano, i'd be I forgot his name though, see but yeah, but if you don't know them, okay, So your building has a lot of Asians and Indian people. Correct, are any of the people that you know Asian or Indian? And are you one hundred percent sure you know their names? Or do you think you know approximately what their names are?
Speaker 2: And you miss?
Speaker 1: I don't know the time, I don't know them. I maybe one or two. I know a couple of the Asians. I know their names. But anyway, but that's besides me.
Speaker 2: Are you sure?
Speaker 1: Are you sure like Kim Sue, you don't call them like Mim dou No, you're sure you know the names?
Speaker 2: But of course I do.
Speaker 1: And but going up to the park now, all right, hanging out having a beer with people I certainly don't call my friends.
Speaker 2: I doubt there's gonna be beer at the Halloween party.
Speaker 1: But whatever, But isn't it awkward that just I'm just no, I'm the only one single get hanging around awkward? And your kids are there and they're chilling out. It just feels weird. It feels I would sooner go to the movie. Okay, okay, I'll tell you what. I would sooner go to the movies by myself. I would sooner go have a dinner at the lunch, you know, dinner at the counter at a restaurant.
Speaker 2: I did the bar. I do that too, dinner at the bar. I watch the baseball games or whatever. That's cool. I watch football by myself.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 2: It took me years.
Speaker 1: It took me years to get to that point. But now I'm comfortable doing that. But that's a better You've gone on vacation by yourself, haven't you. It's more of a welcoming environment what.
Speaker 2: You've gone on vacation by yourself, haven't you? Yeah?
Speaker 1: But but I had friends there and wherever I was going, and that's not by yourself, dumb ass.
Speaker 2: No, So I know, I've never been on vacation by myself self.
Speaker 1: I've gone alone as long as there's people, now, No, as long as there's people I knew at the receiving end. But then then you're not if I'm meeting people there, if I'm meeting tall Darren there, my buddy or Danny connection.
Speaker 3: That's not really going on vacation by yourself, then all right, that's fine, all.
Speaker 1: Right, So no, I know I've not been on vacation by myself. Like, well, you mean like no one else know what you think? No one else is off. So I'm booking a trip. I'm just gonna go here and I don't know anybody, and fuck it, I'm just gonna roll the dice.
Speaker 2: No, I've never done that. Have you done that? You go to a nice go to a spa resort type place. I can't do it and just chill out. I don't know it's odd.
Speaker 1: I just want to know if it was odd to be at either a the Sabrina Carpenter concert by myself tonight and or my building Halloween party where it's all it's all families and couples.
Speaker 3: I think I think Halloween party is less awkward than Sabrina Carpenter. Although I would say you going to you because you get awkward, you get awkward. I wouldn't be awkward if I went to a Sabrina Carpenter concert alone.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't. You would feel awkward.
Speaker 3: Because you would be like, try not to make eye contact with people, and you'd make you'd be more creepy because you begin everybody's side eye to see if they noticed you. You'd be looking at them to see if they're looking at you, and they'd be looking at you, noticing you're looking at them, and they'd be like, that guy's are creep he's looking at oh.
Speaker 1: And I'd be singing along with her music and they're like, what's wrong with this fucking guy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, nothing's wrong if you knew the words. But are you wearing a T shirt? Are you going wearing a Sabrina carp and.
Speaker 1: A T shirt?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's where I draw the line.
Speaker 1: The fake kiss lips on you. No, but I am screaming as the words to espresso. Okay, that's fine. And then you tell all all the girls I know her. Here's a picture of me with her.
Speaker 2: I know her. Oh, here's five more pictures of me with her. Yeah, hey, boys, podcast, we will be right back, all right.
Speaker 1: I got some audio on my phone I want to play. Can I get that out of the way real quick?
Speaker 2: Get it out of the way. I say, we basking it. I say, we take a bath, all.
Speaker 1: Right, we'll revel in it. We'll just get in and swimming it. Actually we should, we should gargle with it.
Speaker 3: Uh No, okay, So I don't remember what's today's date. Oh, this one I already played. So just a recap. I've been getting voicemails about loans from uh, you know, Harper and Camilla, A couple of scarlets, a couple of abigails.
Speaker 2: So here's here's a new one. I don't I don't know if I've gotten one from this woman yet. So here's what I got a couple of days ago. Here we go. Hey, this is Charlotte Campbell, following up from the offer determination units.
Speaker 3: I see here Charlotte Campbell wants to offer me alone. Thanks Charlotte, probably not not her real name, AI, But then I got Then I got this call. And you know, you stime, as you get a call from a company, you think it's a scam.
Speaker 2: So I got this call. Maybe maybe some of our our of the slices have gotten similar. Here we go.
Speaker 4: This is a Costco food safety alert. Golden Island, along with the US d A, F S I S, have issued a voluntary recall on their Golden Island Korean barbecue pork jerky due to the potential presence of metals, foreign period product with best buy dates.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Costco is calling people to let them know that if you bought Golden Island Korean barbecue pork jerky, it might have metal objects in it.
Speaker 2: That's not too to turn it right away.
Speaker 1: I gotta say, I thought I got weird messages. I think you get worse than I do. I.
Speaker 2: Well, how's the thing about it?
Speaker 1: What did you sign up for that you don't realize who's selling your information?
Speaker 2: No, No, scary, here's the thing.
Speaker 1: Last time I was at Costco, I bought Golden Island, bought Korean barbecue pork beef jerky. Oh so they got your number? Well, Costco has my number because I used the Costco card to make the proper So if that's the case, I thought that was No, here's the problem, scary. I bought it like three weeks ago, So when I came home that day, I was like, Oh, let me go get the bag out of my cabinet. Don't eat it anymore, because it says don't eat it again, right, don't eat it and bring it back for a full refund.
Speaker 2: Scary. If it's a one pound.
Speaker 3: Bag, there may have been a couple of little little shards of meat at the bottom of the bag.
Speaker 1: I've eaten ninety eight percent of it. Oh, so can I can? I not go through airport security at this point? Metal in my body? She's irrelevant now, thanks, thanks for warning me. Now on the bad side, I may have eaten a magnet or two. The good news is I get all of my money back, even though I ate ninety eight percent of it. All right, swim for me, and I don't have to say that. That sounds like automatic free dessert for you. Well, but I don't want the free dessert from them. It might have rat poison in it. I don't know.
Speaker 2: You don't know what the next bag will bring.
Speaker 1: All right, metallic shards in my Korean I should have known that Golden Island was not the brand I should be trust thing with my Korean pork jerky. That's a great segue right there. If we're talking about Korean Korean treats.
Speaker 2: And Chinese happy ending story, what are we talking about?
Speaker 1: No, we have a delivery from Asian mic Oh pucky time good boys.
Speaker 2: They not to give stuff.
Speaker 1: Ship for us. That's right, Asian Mike with a redo, I mean free for us. Okay, Now, Asian Mike coming in.
Speaker 2: With the redo.
Speaker 1: If if you remember he said the box of stuff last time, and half of it, yeah, got dispersed before I even got to my apartment because I was giving it a white a pet Barry Jones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gave it, gave it away to everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But now this time, I even though you know, no one.
Speaker 1: Gave me any special instructions, I took it upon myself to keep the box sealed. This way, no one even knows what's inside of it. So it's not like I could be ambushed by Cubby to take stuff for he used to his wife, who gets none because nothing and uh, and I wouldn't be tempted to eat it before I got here, because now I'm on the hook because I'm going to open it before your very eyes. So we are doing unboxing. Oh, We're gonna do an unboxing of Asian Mike's stuff. Are you okay with that? And I don't want to bore the slices, but you know, this way they can hear what I'm gonna get. I want to know what I'm getting getting and this is me making this is reparations for Brody.
Speaker 3: Is that that's not reparations. It's Asian Mike gave me more stuff. You know this is not from you. This isn't reparation to make good. It's a we're making we're making good on.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: No, Asian Mic is making up for your issues. I've giving away my ship. All right, So should open dinner? Open this box? Hold on, yeah, you may have to entertain the audience.
Speaker 3: Well, whoa, I want to see you open the box on camera, your sneaky bastard. I can't trust you, slices, you wouldn't trust him?
Speaker 1: Why? Okay? All right, as you can see it, says fred Gi la. Uh oh, fragile a handle with care.
Speaker 2: Okay, Oh, let me see the bottom to make sure it hasn't been tampered with.
Speaker 1: What No, everything's open.
Speaker 2: No, let me see the bottom of.
Speaker 1: The box over there. You see, Uh, it.
Speaker 2: Looks like it's been retaped.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no, that's the tape. That okay, all right, so I'm gonna open it here.
Speaker 3: I guess next time, Asian Mike, send me a picture of the box that you sent so I could see if he tampered with.
Speaker 1: Oh, there's no tampering, gear Brody, Come on, you don't trust me that much. No, wow, you are really you're real.
Speaker 2: You're a pockey fuck You're.
Speaker 1: A real asshole. Huh so, yeah, so I'm opening this up. Huh Hold on, okay, let's go get a key and just rip the box. Come on, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 3: Let's use that seven pound dumbell strength to get that box open right here?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, scary just considered that a rep. He did a reply, did a box open? How are we going to divvy this up? Because I already see kit cats in here for a foreign land.
Speaker 2: Okay, I get the kit cats? End of story?
Speaker 1: Oh really? Is that how that you gave away the Oreo cookies on the air? So I get the kit cats? Okay? Right, Oh here we are. Oh so we have a bag sorrant plastic bag? Okay, yes, all right, Oh oh there's more stuff. Is there a note in here too? Oh?
Speaker 2: Hey, we're doing a podcast. Let's go all right?
Speaker 3: Alright, you get the brown paper bag that looks like it's from U Taiwan.
Speaker 1: Oh hockey and more pockey?
Speaker 2: Oh is a plastic bag from Malaysia? You get that?
Speaker 1: Oh wow, this is a box within a box here and the box within the boxes for Brody hands off Scary.
Speaker 3: Okay, don't even open it. I'm not even yet. Let's go through the big box. First, big box.
Speaker 1: Okay, a half here, okay, all right, so the big box we have, and thank you, And if you want to send us free ship for us, by the way, feel free to send it a care of Scary Jones at Z one hundred Radio, iHeartMedia. Uh West fifty fifth Street, New York City, New York one oh one nine.
Speaker 2: All right, so we have the lays.
Speaker 1: These are looks like in the form of it's a pringles can, but it's you know that that type of shape of can. It's a or something. Oh, this say is uh oh, it's black pepper ribbi steak flavored jata chick.
Speaker 2: Okay, not quite a steak dinner, but I'll take those.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Oh, cheese flavored oreos. Those of mine that don't make good.
Speaker 1: Hold more cheese flavored oreos.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: Oh, you know what, in fairness you can give those to me. Oh wait a second, that's two sleeves. Well, here's a third sleeve of This was the macha the macha oreo macha fla.
Speaker 2: Oh you gave those away?
Speaker 1: On the air.
Speaker 2: I'll take the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, these are them? Okay, all right, thank.
Speaker 2: You's your mic?
Speaker 1: Oh another macha so you got fo Wow, this guy, how much.
Speaker 2: Are you spending on us Asian mic? That's mocho macha that that's four sleeves of that.
Speaker 1: Got the uh lays uh chips in a bag. Again. I don't know. I can't read this writing. I think it's this Korean. I don't know. Bro, we're out of luck on that one. I don't know what that is.
Speaker 3: By the way, new rule, I think, like like for Juan Valdez, every voice, every talk back, you leave.
Speaker 1: You have to send us a present, all right, like that one. Okay, we have laise. What is this?
Speaker 2: Oh lays?
Speaker 1: It looks like the picture of steak.
Speaker 2: I'm taking ship.
Speaker 1: It looks like flaming you own flavor. Right, And then I see some I see kit kats, Macha flavored kit cat. There you go.
Speaker 2: You can open that up. We'll split that, okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: And then we have up I see doritos. Ah, these are crushed Dorio's a smoking barbecue doritos.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, well we'll do be that okay, all.
Speaker 1: Right, And the next one we have a smaller. I think this is the pocky we got. Oh, we got.
Speaker 2: Pocky durion doury on flavor.
Speaker 1: I don't know what dewry on flavor pocket.
Speaker 2: It looks green to me. That's yours.
Speaker 1: Oh great, Up another one. That's two of those. Another one, another one up. Now we have the crushed fruits pocky.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's yours.
Speaker 1: Great, thanks uh and then up and we have two more, three more. Oh, this is the no nutty almond pocky. Oh I'll take that like another nutty almond pockey and another crushed fruits all right. And then there's the mystery box, which says hands off, scary. All right, So you were all my witness that I'm opening this up, that I'm not stealing anything.
Speaker 3: You're gonna leave that box closed, and when I get it, I'll open it up on the podcast.
Speaker 1: Okay, sound wait, I'm shaking it. There's more food. Oh all right, all right, whatever, anyway, what do you? Thank you?
Speaker 2: So we opened a secret box? I don't know, no, no, that works like anyway.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Asian Mike, thank you free ship for us. That sounded that was only to benefit us and everybody else gets to listen in on. But you know what, how many people hit theaty of our podcast hirt on that how many people?
Speaker 3: If any of you would like to hear us open up boxes that you want to send us that you know, feel free to send us some fun stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Again, we will promote your business if it's if it's a product that you bake something or you sell something in your store.
Speaker 2: You know, free ship for us gets you mentioned on the podcast, It really does, it really does. So yeah, we're whoores when it comes to that. Of course, of.
Speaker 1: Course we can be bought. Yeah we can. So as you were saying, no and now continue to come with you what you were talking about, Well, I.
Speaker 3: Wanted to talk about my my my experience with you know, my friend over it sounds like Davis Tire.
Speaker 2: Oh, absolutely sounds like Davis.
Speaker 1: You didn't give anything away on that one.
Speaker 3: No, So I had a couple of problems, but I'm gonna I'm not gonna tell you them all in this episode. But I had to call because I had a warranty. When I bought my tires, I bought a warranty on the rear two tires. Now, the problem with that is if you rotate the tires. There's really no way to know which ones are the rear tires, right, So I thought that's great, because whatever tire goes flat, I'm gonna say it was on the rear tire.
Speaker 2: Not a problem.
Speaker 3: So I had a slow leak, legitimately one of my rear tires, and so I called up. The sounds like Davis Tire, not not too far from where I live. I said, yep, what are you meaning? Continued, what are you eating, you son of a bitch?
Speaker 2: What is that? Those are my areosos? But now that better be the macha. Don't touch my cheese? Is the macha?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Good, choke on it?
Speaker 1: No more, that's it. Put that down. No, don't open that mystery box either. Put that down. Okay.
Speaker 3: So I call up and I say, I got a leak at my tire, but I have the warranty. He's, oh, give me your license plate number. I look up your account, so you know license plate numbers, numbers and letters. So I so.
Speaker 1: My my license plate the middle the middle letter is not Q, but for the sake of this conversation, we'll say it is. Okay.
Speaker 3: So I said, okay, it's FS and Frank, Q and P isn't Peter, so he says.
Speaker 2: So, he says, say say it again.
Speaker 3: Without the words, just the letters. So I said, I said, okay, she's just say the letters. I said, okay, f q P. He says, s q E. I said no, f qp x QB no f QP f qz No. This went on like six. I couldn't get I go, So I go, Can I please say the words again?
Speaker 2: Because you are not hearing the letters?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: He is, Okay, I said, f as in what the f as in? No letters? Sounds like Q and p as in please listen carefully. Then he got it.
Speaker 1: I mean how many?
Speaker 2: Like why would you tell me? Don't say the names of the words with the letters, just give me the letters and then well you don't hear me.
Speaker 1: Usually I would attach you know, I would attach words to the letters, because that's the only way to do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that Frank. Yeah, where would we be without the names Frank and Nancy? What would we do if I told you give me letters without Frank and Nancy.
Speaker 2: You'd be You'd be screwed pretty much. And as a what what would you say?
Speaker 1: And there's in I don't know Nibisco, which, by the way, these cookies are great. Put quarter is scary. Put down my cookies. Hey, I work out? Oh god, okay, oh uh, what's that band? Oh? As an Oreo is an Oreo? Sorry? No, what's that band? That the two guys who were cousins or uncle and nephew. I work out? What band is that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I couldn't get the name of the band. Okay, I'm fo.
Speaker 1: You work out. I gotta swallow. We gotta hear a breakast. So I was driving home with Gandhi the Big Show. In case you don't listen, you should check us out weekday mornings from six to ten Eastern.
Speaker 2: She's one of the guys.
Speaker 1: I consider one of the guys because she's she's so funny, she's talented, sharp as attack, she takes the jokes, she dishes them out, and she's she's so cool. And she was telling a story and at the end of it, I said, I said, you are awesome. You are such a guy's girl. And she immediately took offense. She says, what do you mean I'm a guy's girl? She is that supposed to be a compliment. I said, absolutely, it's a compliment. I said, I mean who, as far as a guy is concerned, guys love guys girls because girl guys girls roll with the punches.
Speaker 2: Guys girls, you know, they may be into.
Speaker 1: Sports, they could sling the comedy, they could get down and dirty in the mud, you know, and just like you, you know, euphemistically or metaphorically speaking, and guys find that sexy.
Speaker 2: At least most guys do.
Speaker 1: I find a guy's girl to be very attractive, so I said, Gandhi, I was not insulting you. I was merely complimenting you because you can hang with the gether. You're you're a guys girl, and she goes, well, I'm a girl, and I find that offensive. I want to be a girl's girl. And the if you want to be attractive in the eyes of a guy, you want to be a guys girl.
Speaker 2: You don't want to be a girl's girl in the.
Speaker 3: Eyes and see, that's where you go that's where you go wrong. She can be whoever she wants and still be attractive to men. It depends on what men want in the woman that they're talking to. Some men want a girl's girl because they want a ultra feminine person who's different than them.
Speaker 2: They don't necessarily want a clone. They have enough guy friends.
Speaker 1: They don't want to.
Speaker 3: They may not want a girlfriend or a wife who's like, yo, let's go watch football. Well you know, hey, I'm gonna you know, I'm gonna go take it, go drop a deuce. They may want a woman who's girly and appeels to like. So you don't speak for all men. I feel like most guys. I mean, maybe I'm wrong, but you know, again, I don't want to speak for most men, but.
Speaker 2: I tend to you guys do generalized.
Speaker 1: Otherwise, we wouldn't have a podcast if we didn't take strong opinions on things that that's what makes it, that makes this show tick.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Okay, I know Gandhi for thirteen years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I would say to you, she's a little bit of both. So if you said to me, what what what's my first impression of Gandhi, I would say she's a girl's girl that has enough characteristics about her that guys would find cool. But I don't think she's like a tomboy.
Speaker 1: But now you're going physical. That's a physical appearance. I'm talking about a state of mind.
Speaker 3: I know, I'm not talking about physical Then a tomboy isn't a physical thing.
Speaker 1: I she's she's not like. Look, she can hang, she can curse, she can use profanity. Her, she knows a little bit about there's no boundaries, you know where some girls are like her.
Speaker 2: Oh no, oh that's gross. No, No, that doesn't make her a guy. It makes her a It makes.
Speaker 1: Her a No, but a girl's girl would react that way a joke to a guy's joke.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: No, you're confusing someone who appeals to other women as prissy. You're you're in other words, you're conflating things. Being a being a guy's girl doesn't mean that you like, don't shave your legs.
Speaker 2: It means right, it means like you can hang with correct. You know, we're on the same page the definition.
Speaker 1: Do But Gandhi also likes to dress up and like in dresses and surreys and and be feminine. Yes, so in the physical sense, she's a girl's girl. And and I think that's great for I think Gandhi's a woman of the people. Okay, But but but I guess she was. She was conflating the fact that just because I thought her she was a guy's girl, that meant that she looked like a guy, and I wasn't saying that.
Speaker 2: I think she knows what you meant.
Speaker 3: I think I think you were insinuating she wasn't like you.
Speaker 2: You're a guy's guy. You see, I'm a girls guy. I see.
Speaker 1: I don't know how I feel about that. I'm definitely a guy's guy, but I also feel like you're for the Some of the women in my life would say that.
Speaker 3: I'm uh, well, I feel like I feel like I'm I'm twenty five percent girls guy. Like there's stuff like, you know, I can relate to women and talk to them and and and and maybe be more sensitive and you know, uh maybe more emotional than a lot of guys are. Uh So I feel like, you know, I feel like maybe I'm seventy five twenty five that what about me?
Speaker 4: Am?
Speaker 2: I Am I a girl's guy? Am I do I have myself?
Speaker 1: You know? Am I categorizing myself? Right? I feel like okay, because with okay, okay? With my Hoboken friends. A lot of my Hoboken friends, I usually go from like group of my group's group to group my Hoboken friends. They're all guys guys in there. Everything is guys, super guy guys, and sometimes amongst those guys, I feel like sometimes I don't fit in all the way with those dudes. You know what I'm saying that the way, I'm not talking about anything you know, physical, No, I think when it.
Speaker 3: Comes to guys, guys, I am, I am eighty five a guys guy. You are seventy two percent a guys guy.
Speaker 1: Like I don't say I'm a little empty compared to that group, that group of dudes. It's like, you gotta really you gotta really like be on your a game to participate to be guys. Guys like I like say, like there cigars, they they have to them like golf. And then again again now I know now we're getting into like gender roles and like what specific things. No, No, women can play golf, and I know they can, I know, but but for the same of those arguments, like why are you saying that that has to be a guy thing because girls could golf too, I'm not saying that. What I'm saying is these dudes are real dudes. Dudes, you know you're dude. They're like heavy football, Yeah, they're sports betting.
Speaker 2: These guys are like they're not you know those are dudes.
Speaker 1: You know they're gruff and the you know, their beer swollen guys and go go shot for shot. And I'm like, I'm not a guy, I said, I'm like, not all the way there with you.
Speaker 2: You're not barfight dude, you know a bar fight. No, that's the other thing. I'm not that guy.
Speaker 1: You would be like, don't hit me, I'll buy you around sparklers everybody.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, I'm the I'm the let's go to a clerb. Let's go to a clerb.
Speaker 1: Let's go get a table and dance and fucking hang out and get sparkled.
Speaker 2: You are exactly right. That makes me a girls guy.
Speaker 1: But here's a no, no, no, no, it makes you bad at being a guys guy.
Speaker 2: No it doesn't. It makes me a girl's guy.
Speaker 1: Because women, women like to do, women like to dance, they like to hang out, they like women.
Speaker 2: Women are foodies, women love.
Speaker 1: But no, but no, no, no, no, no, you're stereotyping again what women like. Not all women like that, I know, And I know we're gonna get the usual gang of the suspect X that that are gonna get gonna leave talk backs and we know who those women are and let me tell you those women are guys girls, a lot of them, and and.
Speaker 2: And and that's good, that's a good thing.
Speaker 1: But Des Bombs is a guy a guy's girl's uh, And Reggie coaches.
Speaker 2: A guys girl team guys girls.
Speaker 1: But but, but, but here's the thing. I don't think you are. I think you're in the middle. I think you are you are you you You think you're a girl's guy, but you also think you're a guys guy, and you're neither.
Speaker 3: You're sort of in the middle. So I think, like you fluctuate. You can you can hang with the guys guys, but they know you're not really a guys guy. And you can hang with the girls guys. But you're not really a girl's guy.
Speaker 1: But I love brun I love brunch, I love them, I love Mimosa's, I love I love fruity cocktails.
Speaker 2: You know I drink it all.
Speaker 1: I love you.
Speaker 2: Maybe you're a maybe you're.
Speaker 3: A guys guy in a different way. I mean, you did go to I'm Springs of Brian, Right.
Speaker 1: That's another thing. People like, how could you be a guy's guy? But but but you.
Speaker 2: Could be something. You can be a gaze A gaze guys guy, A.
Speaker 1: Gazed guys guy. No, you're you're some guys guy, some guys guy. Yeah, there's some guys guy. I don't know, Like right now, for instance, I don't give a shit about what's going on in the World series that's on the game that's on right now as.
Speaker 3: We're doing a podcast and I have the game on a TV behind the TV you're watching.
Speaker 1: I knew. I already knew you were because I see your eyes darting, because I'm a guys guy. But I'm not.
Speaker 3: But listen, I know my deficiencies in typical guys guy, Like you've even told me, like, dude, you don't want to go out with these guys. That's not your thing. There is some level of guys guy that I'm like, I'm out, I can't do it. It's not my thing.
Speaker 1: Sure, and and I don't I don't believe that should be guys guy, But but guys think that it's guys guys.
Speaker 2: So then I'm out to.
Speaker 1: My friend like sex on the way, Dave, I feel like he's a guy's girl. He's a girl's guy because he like he's a lot of girls guys. I mean that guy. That guy had, you know, travels with his own hair dryer, you know that that type of thing. You know, Like this is certain dudes are like into like you know, their their their appearance, really into their appearance, you know.
Speaker 2: So let's let's just wrap it up this way.
Speaker 3: I think I'm a eighty guys guy twenty and I think you're.
Speaker 2: You think I'm halfway Yeah, yeah, because yeah I didn't. It doesn't because I.
Speaker 1: Feel like girls accept me hanging out with them as one of the girls.
Speaker 2: I think you're the guy of a guy that guys let you hang around them.
Speaker 3: But like like when we play baseball, you don't really play baseball. You do like one thing and then you're done, right, Like I live for it. I'm like, oh my god, we get to play.
Speaker 1: You're like, oh, I'm gonna have a sandwich in the outfield and if the ball comes to me, I might put the sandwich down right. And like if we go to every go to see the met game in the city field, I'm always thinking about what's new on the concourse, what can I eat? You know what?
Speaker 2: Like I don't have to hang.
Speaker 3: On every pitch, I don't have to show up to corporate softball games without a glove, Like, oh, I need a glove, I'm left hand. I don't have a glove, so you'd have to find the other left to the other team to borrow the glove.
Speaker 4: Me.
Speaker 1: I show up with a bag with two gloves, a couple of soft boys, my own bat.
Speaker 2: I'm ready to go. I sweat.
Speaker 3: Do you do you have a mudroom? Give a mudroom in your house? No, no, where I mud the mudroom. Mudroom where you're take your dirty and shoes off.
Speaker 2: That kind of mudroom. Yeah, mudroom. No, I'm gross, I'm gnarly. I got sweat. Mudroom. You just like the mudroom when the kids do the kids.
Speaker 1: Tracking all the dirt in from outside, and you know, kids who play sports, you got a mudroom. It's like rubber mats everywhere and ship like my cousin has that. My cousin has a mudroom. She has two boys who play hockey. Right, that's what I'm the mudroom like, Like, yeah, if I had a house, I wouldn't have a mudroom. I would use that space for some decorative plants. You know, I'm I'm starting to rethink. Maybe seventy seventy thirty girls guy thirty guy guy, Oh really okay, yeah, it's slipping now, you're slipping by. I had to throw that out there earlier because and again, we're not judging, and we're not trying to assign certain activities to certain genders, because that's where we start. Not no, and we're not a political you know, you know, we're not a politically correct podcast. We just say ship, say what's on our mind. We're not snowflakes here. We can we could talk about things. Okay, don't conflate. Being a snowflake is undo it being no, no, But there'll be one or two people they'll be like, why do you assume that all women have that?
Speaker 2: When you say.
Speaker 1: Food and cooking contributes to women, guys can do that.
Speaker 2: Don't come to this podcast.
Speaker 3: Don't come to this podcast looking for factual uh judgment on the sexes exactly to say what we think. But then we let's make us right. Whoever that being said, speaking of women, let's talk about it. Let's talk about a Karen. I was in Target. I knew it had to be either Target or pickleball. I mean I had to be one of the two.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I listen, I go to Target. I like to go to Target, I pick up or it had to be a Facebook Marketplace client customer. One of the three. Oh is that all I do is no but I that's usually when go out for Italian food and tell you about the thirty dollars chicken palm.
Speaker 2: That's where you usually find your karens. Okay.
Speaker 3: So I'm at Target and I had to return something at the return desk. But the return desk is also the pre order pickup desk like order ahead, and your your order is waiting for you. Sure, they scan your bar code and they and they bring out your order. Well, this woman is at the counter demanding to see him speak to a manager, demanding. Now you already know what you look like. She's demanding a manager. Okay, and you already know how long her hair was.
Speaker 1: By the way, before you go any further, if that was you, wouldn't you do everything you can to change your physical appearance. If you knew that you were a fucking Karen, wouldn't you be like, you know what, I want to just break the Karen stereotype and not look like this.
Speaker 2: To add to my problems.
Speaker 3: Here's here's the thing I've always said, you know the expression you can't see the forest for the trees. Yeah, meaning when you're in the trees, you don't know you're in the forest. Yes, when you're when you're something chancellor, you don't realize it. It's like I always say, most racists don't think they're racist.
Speaker 2: They just think they're right, right, right, They don't. They think racists.
Speaker 3: Are people who hate people for no reason, but they think they have a reason, therefore they're not racist. Well, Karens don't think they're Karens because they think Karens are people who complain for no reason. They complain in their mind they've got a good reason. So she can't see the fact that she's a cat, that's my point. So she's saying, this is ridiculous. I want to speak to a manager. I've been outside for twenty minutes. What's the point of do, of doing of ordering on the app? This is unbelievable. I want to speak to a manager. The manager comes out and and uh uh and what can I help you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, I ordered a head And it says in the app, when you get here, put in the spot number you're at and you'll come out and bring my groceries and everything I ordered to the car and and then I get I get sit in the car. And that's the service you provide, right, Yeah, Well, I've been sitting in Spot seventeen, but twenty five minutes almost and nobody's coming to the car. So so the managers, why I find it hard to believe.
Speaker 2: Let me let me get let.
Speaker 3: Me get the guy who does the deliveries to the car. So guy comes over. He says, uh, we'll call him. We'll call him Teddy. And he says Teddy. This woman says that she went through the app and alerted us that she was in Spot seventeen in a black SUV and nobody brought her groceries and her stuff. And he says, I went to Spot seventeen. It was nobody there. And she says, well, I was in. I was right there. You know I was in Spot seventeen. Now you're gonna lie. The least you can do is apologize. I deserve an apology. So the man goes, won't tell me sorry. I don't know how to explain this.
Speaker 1: She says, well, you should hire better people because I've been sitting in Spot seventeen and I'm hitting the app and I'm saying I'm in Spot seventeen and nobody's coming. So the guy goes, well, let me get your stuff for you right away, let me see your let me see your barcode whatever. And he brings out the stuff, puts it in the cart for her, and she's like, well, yeah, thanks for nothing. And the guy says to the manager, Teddy, He says, I'm telling you I went to Spot seventeen. There was nobody there. I went twice. It's no black SUV. They have like twenty spots, twenty five spots. So she's leaving and I.
Speaker 3: Said, podcast yeah, So I follow her out into the parking lot because I want to see what's up. And she goes right to Spot seventeen, which has a big fourteen on its scary spart fourteen.
Speaker 1: Fuck you, Karen, fuck you. You weren't in spot seventeen. You were in spot fourteen. And you know why he didn't see her because there's a row of fucking bushes that ended fifteen and seventeen's on the other side.
Speaker 2: So he went around the bushes. Wow, wow, there was no car there.
Speaker 1: Why are in a million years what do you think there was a car in fourteen, that was seventeen? Well what made her say fourteen instead of seventeen? And then insists because he says, a Karen, because she's a because she probably pulled up, saw a crooked number and was like, oh, that that's my spot because the four look like a seven.
Speaker 2: In any way, is she blind? What's going on? Freaking No?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but she was in fourteen and a black su vas. So then I'm glad I went out and followed her. Did anyone say anything to her?
Speaker 2: Fuck you, Karen?
Speaker 1: I wish someone would confronted anything. So I went back in and I went up to Teddy and the manager. I said, hey, just so you know, I happened to follow her outside, she's in spot.
Speaker 2: Fourteen, and he's like, I knew it. I knew she wasn't in seventeen.
Speaker 1: So they were they were laughing their asses off, but this woman was yelling and screaming, See how fuck you target Karen. She needs to get No, there needs to be a way that they get, actually their free dessert they get because they had to be sit there. They did just sit there and listen to this lady bitch in their face. Unfortunately, the customer's always right, so you can't say anything.
Speaker 2: But I'd be she's not right. I belive it. I'd be living.
Speaker 1: I'd be I'd want to just love it in her face, to be like you were in fourteen.
Speaker 2: You were in fourteen, bitch.
Speaker 1: I wanted to yell, you're not in seventeen, Karen.
Speaker 2: Why didn't you didn't do that?
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 3: I didn't because I wanted to go back and do my return and do whatever I had to do, like I had ship to do this just a.
Speaker 2: Softer side of David Brody. What's going on here? This is not my girl's side. That's my that's my girl's guys. This is this is not the David Brody. I know the David body.
Speaker 1: I know. I would actually have to have justice be served and actually tell her like it is and show her what's up.
Speaker 2: I felt like, you know what, I rub her nose it. I was tired.
Speaker 3: I had to get home. I had stuff to do, so I didn't get into the whole fight. But I wanted to yell because I because keep in mind, I wasn't near her. I was outside target. I could see the spots from the front. I saw that she wasn't in seventeen. But I wasn't gonna be like, hey, lady, you know, I wasn't gonna like.
Speaker 2: Yell across the parking lot.
Speaker 1: Who is this?
Speaker 2: Was like Oh.
Speaker 1: It made me laugh because I was like, oh, podcast I knew it. I knew she wasn't in seventeen. Who is this guy I'm talking to on the other end of this line? I know?
Speaker 2: I just I let you down.
Speaker 1: Wow. That was that was definitely a letdown.
Speaker 2: All right, slices. Would you have yelled at her?
Speaker 1: I should have yelled at I been like, I, you're not seventeen, go back and apologize.
Speaker 2: That's what I should have done. We gotta change the clocks back.
Speaker 1: You ready for that?
Speaker 2: That's the dumbest shit.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 3: I am tired of Congress every year talking about how they're gonna do it, they're gonna get.
Speaker 1: Rid of it. And every year for years they've been they've been saying it, and it passes them, It passes Congress, and it never gets to the House, the Senate or the vice versa. I don't know whatever, did you vice versa whatever? Right?
Speaker 2: One of them, one one of the judicial.
Speaker 1: One of one of the one of them pass it, the other one fails either way. There's always this promise, this hope that we are going to stay on daylight time and never go back to standard, which is what we're going back to this weekend. So now what's gonna happen is there's gonna be a glut of daylight when you wake up in the morning and at night it's gonna get dark before five o'clock. And that is absolute misery. That's the stuff that kills me. We need sunlight at the end of the day, as much of it as we can possibly get.
Speaker 2: And then a lot of.
Speaker 1: People are going to make the argument, well, I have kids and I don't want them to go into school in the dark. That's why I love when time the time goes back to the normal standard time, because now.
Speaker 2: It's because the kids want to go out and play in after school.
Speaker 1: They want to like, no, they're talking about waiting for school bus at the bus stop in the morning and pitch black darkness, and they don't want that through the winter. They want to be able to have daylight in the winter. In the morning of twenty twenty two, the Senate unanimously the Senate, the Senate, the Senate can't do anything unanimously. The Senate unanimously passed the Sunshine Protection Act to make daylight saving no ass.
Speaker 2: Saving time saving time permanent, saving time permanent.
Speaker 1: Yes, but the House of Representatives, those fuck tards, why did not act on it and the bill did not become law?
Speaker 2: Why? Why what does the House have against.
Speaker 1: They didn't even vote. I'll tell you why. Because they're they're worried about what the fuck does the House have to they Why do they have an agenda? But the Senate doesn't. That's what I want to know. And this we're talking bipartisan shit right here. This is like, this is like, you know, the Senate.
Speaker 3: Was because because because again this is it's not a factual one hundred percent. But there are some people like farmers, for instance, that might want daylight in the morning when they're working early in the morning. Is what people always said was the reason for it, which isn't the reason for it. But you know, when you have constituents in a part of the country that benefit from daylight saving time, then you're not going to vote for it. But when you when you're a senator, you represent the whole state. So you might say Okay, the majority of my state isn't farming or doesn't care about the hours, so they voted Amaston House representatives. You only represent your dischousing people, right, Yeah, you're a district.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, so it's it's all what a mess. Anyway, I'd like to do away with it. I want to keep it on daylight. I cannot look up at the sky four thirty in the afternoon and see the sun setting like that.
Speaker 2: It's it's a misery. I go into hibernation. Yeah, yeah, I don't like it.
Speaker 1: I don't like it.
Speaker 3: And uh, you know what, Uh for people that like I don't want to vote, I'm not gonna find me go vote for people that want to get rid of daylight saving time whatever that means.
Speaker 1: People that want to get rid of the standard, right, people that want to stop changing changing it back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 3: So if you if you see a politician, let's say you go to a town hall, you see them and they're like, I'm gonna lower your taxes, I'm gonna lower your energy bills. I'm gonna be like yea, yea, yeah, yea yeah, what about dair life saving time? Just cut them off, like I don't care about your views on a woman's rights.
Speaker 2: I don't care day I saving. Oh, I'm gonna you know. That's it. That's all I want to know.
Speaker 3: You want to get rid of it. I'm voting for you now. I'm obviously being facetious, but at some point we got to elect people that are gonna get rid of it. I'm tired of it. It is at car accidents and all the changing back and forth. They say it's not healthy, not not.
Speaker 1: Healthy for us.
Speaker 2: It focks with our circadian rhythm.
Speaker 1: Is that right? Yeah?
Speaker 3: The only good thing is you get an extra hour of sleep, if you're someone who needs an extra hour of sleep.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I'm gonna break into this next box box of cookies here.
Speaker 2: No, you're not, You're not gonna see you, See you guys next week.
Speaker 1: Alright.
Speaker 2: I had a two paste question. Alright, next week, alright, sounds
Speaker 1: Good, boys, boys,