Speaker 1: Welcome to Massel Territory, ladies and gentlemen. Unfortunately, the Red Sox not able to pull this one out here today, final score seven to three. A's take game two of the series, record fall US at sixty four and fifty two, and unfortunately again the Yankees taking their game today against the Braves. An awesome pitching matchup between Chris Sale and Garrett Cole You Love Me, I Always Love Me a star studed pitching Macshup so I was definitely paying attention to that one as well. But the Yankees coming away with that one here today. So the Red Sox as we speak. As we speak here, they are now a game and a half behind the Yankees and the wildcard race. The Rays are playing later tonight against the Mariners on the West Coast, so we will see where we're at in the division then. But for the Red Sox here today, you know, it's not really a pretty lifeless offense. For the most part, minus the beginning and the end of the game, it looked pretty good. You had. You had the buns of a hamburger, right, You just didn't have the meat, the cheese and all the other toppings in the middle. Willier was a late scratch here today, but Wilson was back in the lineup. Unfortunately, not enough for Wilson here today. But Willier was a late scratch because he fouled off a ball off his shin last night, so he still felt a little sore today. They felt it was best to keep him out. Eli White was in the lineup here today. You know, you had a few good days here, honestly, in the lineup I mean I say a lifeless offense. I meant more so as a whole. But you did have a couple of really good performers here today. You know. Monasterio he drove in a couple of runs. He got on base in the ninth inning in a rally there. Jami Jones really solid out of the leadoff spot here today. He went three for five with a couple of doubles. So Guard went three for four here today with a couple of doubles. Unfortunately, he just had a lot of brutal days. Jaron Durant striking out four times. Wilson he got on he got a base hit there in the ninth inning. We'll talk about that rally that came up short, but before that he was hitless. In his first four abs. Eli White had did have a hard hit ball there in the ninth inning rally, but overall went over four today with a couple of k's long over four in the ninth spot. Just one of those days. It is what it is. What can you do? Jake Bennett not great overall here today, not great command. Felt like he was just too around the zone here today. Felt like he wasn't in zone enough. Felt like he didn't make enough competitive pitches in zone, and when he was in zone he was getting hit pretty hard. I just felt like he was lacking the command here today. Walked a few along the way. Now, just one of those days. It is what it is, you know. I know we've been talking about a lot of winning as of late, so you know, hey to talk about some losses at some point. It is what it is. But hey, we did have some pretty good news on the day. Adley Adley making his WU Socks debut. Man oh Man always started Adley Rutchman Man, what a great prospect. Nice to see him at Triple A. Man O Man, I feel like a call up is inevitable, Ladies and gentlemen. I'm just kidding obviously, but Adley had a good day down there, had a double here, he got on base a few times. He threw out a runner at second base, looking like Adlie Rushman Man, looking like Adlie. Had Christian Campbell homering there today, well, Christian Campbell homering. But holy cow, the wo socks he goes blew the doors off here today they went like nineteen to nine over there. Adley picked a good time to go back to Wooster Man O man. But hey, we'll talk about that in just a little bit. We'll see we'll even be taking a look at Christian Campbell's home run. I can't play major league baseball clips. I can play minor league clips. I don't get hit for those. I don't get hit with the copyrights on those. We can take a look at at a WU Socks highlight, you know, man, Actually we even take a look at Adley throwing out a runner. I think there's a clip of that somewhere else. But we'll get to it. We'll talk about Jake Bennett, we'll talk about the offense. Not a long show. We'll get through this one. We'll kind of just you know, do do the talkie talk for today. And uh, I got tickets to Spider Man later, I gotta go see what all the fusses with Spider Man. I was a Toby Maguire Spider Man guy. I think he'll be the best of all time. It is what it is, But I appreciate Tom Holland we'll see how it is. I'll let you know my thoughts tomorrow. We'll do a bit of a movie review tomorrow. Maybe perhaps, But let's talk about Jake Bennett. You know, like I said, you know, he just didn't really have the command here today that that felt like the story with him. You know, he looked pretty good in the early going first time through, a lot of four seemers change ups. Then he started working in the sinker second and third time through, and that was a pitch getting hit hard today hundred two mile an hour exit v low on average here today. So yeah, Ben, I don't know, just to have a feel for it, just felt like he wasn't at his best here today. But the fourth inning, you know, you have a two nothing lead at this point. We'll get to the offense. But two nothing in the fourth inning, Wilson with a double. It was a change up almost in the dirt for crying out loud. I mean, he looked pretty silly in the first ab struck out against Jake Bennett. But Jacob Wilson, this guy's a hitting machine. He can That's if you're looking for a guy that can get a hit, especially a double off of a pitch like that, Yeah, that's your guy right there. So Jacob Wilson getting it started. Tommy White with a ground ball to Monasterio's right. Wasn't able to finish off the play, but it was a really nice stop from Mona to hold Wilson at third base. But unfortunately servn he comes up soft ground ball back to Bennett. It went off of his glove. Couldn't make the play, so that gave the A's their first run of the day. That made it two to one. Fifth inning, Jacob Wilson with a second double back to the sinker here, leaving a sinker right over the zone. Anyone's gonna take that, especially Jacob Wilson. He hits a leak of Williams and then Jonahin with a double off the monster that made it three to two. Hung a change up right over the zone. So yeah, the command was a little iffy here today. Six innings, Servant lines out, Butler walks, and that was the end of the day for Jake Bennett. Five and a third, five hits, four earned, five strikeouts, but three walks and and a hit batsman on the deck. Justin Slayton came in. You know, another Slayton when he's good man, This guy's lights out. But there's been a lot of times where Slayton just he doesn't get he doesn't have it. Butler steals second, McNeil walks, then he steals third, and then Walton with a grind rule double the right center made it five to two. Seventh inning, incomes Raymond Burgos for the second straight day. How about that. This guy just pitched three innings yesterday. He's back in it here today. But then Soda Strong with a home run. What can you do? What can you do here today? And the offense, like I said, not really anything going on now. The A's did add on another run in the ninth inning, and that that was not really needed against the Red Sox. Here today again, you got off to a good start, Jami Jones, he gets on, he steals second, Durbin with a walk, Wilson strikes out, but Jones and Durban steals second and third, and then Monasterio coming up here and he gets the scoring started.
Speaker 2: Hitting safely in eighteen out of nineteen.
Speaker 1: It's just off the charts.
Speaker 2: He had a line right basin and the right Jones is in. Here comes Durbin, he will star. Yeah, come sucks again.
Speaker 1: I love that, like Durban sliding it at home. The guy was like completely in the in the air like Superman for crying out loud. That's a good picture to go. Take a screenshot off of dirt Dog Durbin. We love dirt Dog Durbin over here. But after that gag jump, the guy just settled in. He looked fantastic here today, good v low, good breaking stuff. Second inning, he strikes out Durand and Jones. Fourth inning, so garb with a double, but then he strikes out Duran again and Eli White. Fifth inning, Jones with a double, but then he strikes out Seti and Wilson. Sixth inning, strikes out Wong Duran for the third time. Seventh inning. That was it for gage Jump. I mean again minus the first inning looked really good here today. Luis Medina coming out of the bullpen throws the gas one two three inning, eighth inning, Eli White gets on with the walk, so garb with a double to right over Butler's head in right center, but kind of I've never seen this one before. It bounced and then it hit the divider between the bullpens. There's some padding right there, and then it came back in. So Butler said, hey, you gotta gotta review that play, and they ended up calling it a ground rule double, so White had to stop at third. He had scored originally on it, so they got They got a little luck there, and then Sharon Durant striking out for the fourth time, slamming his helmet on the ground. Duran. This this is what I mean, man, You know it's with Duran. The guy can look fantastic for a week, a couple of weeks, and then all of a sudden, he just comes up with a day like this, four strikeouts. You know. The yeah, lefties all galore on the day. You know. But man, I know Duran, He's had his struggles against lefties. But I will say that is a very tough matchup for Duran, especially anyone struggling against lefties. Gauge jump one thing that makes him very tough. When he has his command right. He's extremely tough because I remember this coming out of when he was coming out of high school. I remember he where did he go to college? Gage Jump? Did he go to Ucla? Where did he go? He went to He went to Ucla and then he went to the Tigers. I remember coming out of high school. The one thing that would read on the scattered reports. Had a lot of deception in his delivery, just really hard to pick up. And for a lefty like you know, especially one struggling against left against left handed pitching, I can't even imagine. I don't think Duran was even able to see the ball here today. Probably it's just tough. It is what it is. But yeah, four strikeouts for Duran. You had a rally and then night fitting you're able to load the bases up, Jamaike Jones with a second double, Durbin with a base hit. They made a seven to three another RBI for Caleb Durbin. Let's take a listen here, shall we. We'll talk about the significance of this in a in just a second. Weld Oh, actually you know what we might not have Oh no, yes we do, Yes, we do. Let's take a listen.
Speaker 2: Line shot sinking and down for a base hit that'll bring in a run. There's that RBI that'll make it seven to three.
Speaker 1: So another RBI for Durbin. That's now his fifth straight game with an RBI. That's now ten ribbies over his last six games. The Durbinator is just going crazy. Then Wilson came up with a base hit and Monasterio gets on with the walk. But then Eli White basses loaded lines out to center field three to one. Pick. He's definitely gonna be hacking hungs your three and a half miles an hour off the bat, he got good what on it. Unfortunately he just went right to the center fielder and it is what it is. You know, just one of those days here for the Red Sox. You struck out a lot. You had fifteen strikeouts on the day. I mean you had a lot of hits, you had ten hits, but you just couldn't really get the momentum fully going here today. You know, again, good days so guard Jami Jones looking great, but uh, you know, no, Willier Wilson coming off of an illness. I feel like, you know, maybe he's still getting his getting his bearings under him a little bit. But hey, what can you do? What can you do? We got game three here tomorrow. Let's take a look and right now, let me actually see here now again, they've been making you know, they've been sending some guys down and whatnot, and then obviously Burgos, you know, calling him back up. So there's looking right now. There's no announced starter for tomorrow. I have not seen if it's been announced anywhere. It could be on social media, so if there is, let me know and Nick chat. I had to get ready for the show, so I haven't been able to look. But as I am looking at the probable starters on red sox dot com, there is nothing here currently. Jt Gin going for the a's here tomorrow. We've already talked about him a little bit. We talked about him last night, but you know, he's having a pretty solid year for the most part. Twenty three games, twenty starts. El Ra in the mid threes, fit a little higher than a four. He's a little command prone, all right, a little walk prone, about four walks per nine, eight strikeouts per nine. So there is definitely gonna be some room to make some contact here tomorrow against jt Gin because he's not gonna strike out a whole lot of guys now with him, he's very interesting. Now taking a look at the stat cast, he doesn't give up a lot of hard contact. He limits barrels, limits the hard hits. He gets a lot of ground balls and he has good extinction. But again the walks come back to bite him. He's in the twenty fourth percentile, doesn't get a lot of strikeouts. He gets swing and miss sixty fifth percentile with his fifth percentage, he doesn't get a lot of guys to chase, not a lot of v lo. So he's just he's a tough. Look he's gonna come at you with a lot of sinkers. He's gonna come at you with change ups. He's gonna come at you with some cutters, some sliders. So he's got a five pitch mix and looking here, I mean he's got a ton of movement, ton of vertical drop on his slider. Sinker gets a lot of vertical movement. Change up is gonna be pretty good too. Slider gets a good amount of glove side movement. Sinker is easily his best pitch. So the Red Sox, I mean, hey, you know this is a team that obviously has been great at getting the bat on the ball, so uh, I expect a good amount of ground balls. It's a matter of can they find the holes. He's got a ten run value on the sinker. Batter's only hitting one ninety five against it, two ninety two on the slugging the pitch. The two pitches that have given him the most trouble. Cutter has a four to seventy four slugging against it. Slider has a four to sixty four slugging. So got a breaking pitch, you gotta cutter. The cutter's not cutting all that much and the slider ain't sliding all that much, so we're looking for those two. Doesn't look like he's commanding those pictures very well, but again, a lot of sinkers in change ups. I expect those. The change up has been very good too. Batter's only hitting one point eighty against it, two twenty five on the slugging, So I expect to see a lot of those two pitches. But hey, like we've seen a lot this year, you know, not just with the Red Sox, but even guys that have gone up against us. You know, if you're only having if you only got two pitches that you're playing with, you know you're gonna be less predictable there. So we'll see if the Red Sox can get to gain eventually here tomorrow. But again we are still waiting on and then so Christopher in the chat, you're saying, so it's Patrick Sandoval. I don't know why it's not telling me on the site here, so because I would think because if I'm looking at I mean, if I'm looking at how everything lines up, you know, going back, Well, I don't know Patrick Sandoval right now, he's looks like he's lined up for on fangrafts. They're saying tuesday. He just I mean, I would think right because he just pitched against a White Sox on the fourth So I don't know, Like, I don't know what's did they say something with Patrick Sandoval because I would I would think, you know, it's fifth day tomorrow, hold on, let me just double check here. I mean, right now they have sand of Aal slated in for the Blue Jays series. So I don't know why. I don't know, but it looks like they're gonna be I guess I guess they'll probably call someone up for tomorrow or and or a bullpen game. We'll see what ends up happening. So anyway, you're just looking for the bats to get going a little bit more tomorrow. Now taking a look here at Wooster. Let's take a look at Wooster, ladies and gentlemen. And again we had the debut of Adley Rutshman. Finally good to see him finally get the call to Wooster again. Nineteen runs for the wuss here today, nineteen runs, nineteen hits. Mikey Romero, you know what, honestly we're talking about Adley, I was talking about Christian Campbell. Mikey Romero went six for six here today, scored four runs, drove in a couple. Holy cal He had a home run today as well. Man, Mikey Romero, have yourself a day six for six, Hey, maybe Mike Romero bit of a down year this year. Hopefully this kind of kickstarts some things. Ops is right under a seven hundred, right around a two to forty batting average. But Rutchman on the day had a few abs, he drew a couple of walks, had a double, also threw out a runner. Let me actually see if I can get that here. Looking at the highlights. I am not used to looking at the the wooster highlights. You know what, we're going to take a look at, mister Tyler Millican. You're always doing a great job posting the highlights for us. And uh, let's see, I know he put it here today. Oh you know what he actually just said here? Hmm. Oh yeah, this is another thing I got. I forgot to mention. Also, Wilson got booed here today at Femway Park. He grounded out and uh he didn't really leg one out very much. You actually heard a lot of booze from Femway today. I think Jack Tracy spoke about this and uh, here's what he had to say.
Speaker 3: Okay, Howarth ran out that ball?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, I know how that looks.
Speaker 4: But you know, I'm also aware more than others that he's a little beat up and told us for the game, I don't have everything today. So I'm fine, especially with a guy that plays the game as hard as he does and how hard he turns around first base all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like when I saw that, I'm thinking, I mean the guy was just out, you know, feeling under the weather. You know, goodness gracious, and we've seen Wilson play as hard as as anyone out there. I mean, for crying out loud, I figured you know something was going on a little bit. He also said that they're hopeful for Willier to be back in the lineup for tomorrow. But let's take a look here. Let's see what we got here for.
Speaker 3: Adley talk twice and flown out to left field, and he hammers this one down the right field line and all the way to the base of the wall. Two runs coming around their hold ward at third, and Adley will stop at second with an RBI double and everything coming up Wooster this afternoon.
Speaker 1: Obviously, Adley is Adley. We know Adley can do. But yeah, good to see that he's seeing the ball well, drawing a couple of walks. Hard hit ball there on the double. We can actually see here. Let's see that was the exit Vell on that. I mean, you hit the crap out of that ball. Let's find it here. So that was one hundred and four miles an hour off the bat. And we also had this also had a little bit of a little bit of Christian Campbell hard work here today, day in and day out here at the ballpark.
Speaker 3: Campbell swings in skies at the center, Thomas going back onto.
Speaker 1: The warning track carrying packets out of here. A two run smash for Christian Campbell. Christian Campbell has been on absolute fire ladies and gentlemen, and we're just gonna go take a look here over the last I mean, hold on, let me actually it's gonna look better on fangrafts. Let me pull up his minor league game log here. This guy's in red hot over the last like few weeks or so. I mean, goodness, gracious, I mean not even including today. I mean, let's just go back to I mean, shoot, go back to July first. He's hitting three twenty nine. Since then, he's got a couple of homers. I mean he's not, you know, hitting a whole ton of home runs, but he's just making a ton of contact. He's making good contact as well. He's drawing walks. He's struck out twenty two times, but he's walked fifteen. So that's a pretty good ratio right there. You know, Christian Campbell. I've been seeing people on Twitter, you know, asking, man, you know, could Campbell get the call? At some point? I even had someone today say, you know, why not go with Christian Campbell over Eli White. I think the answer to that, it's more so the Red Sox are being very careful with him. They are really gonna make sure that he's checking off as many boxes as possible. Not just you know, hitting fast balls you know, ninety five miles an hour like in zone, but how he does against breaking pitches. Also how he's doing in certain splits, right he's lefties, how he's hitting against breaking pitches, you know, offspeed, just you know, balls on the inner half of the plate. So I think they're they're gonna look at a lot of things before they make a call because they don't want what happened last year to happen again. Right, You want this guy obviously to get into a good groove, but you don't want him to fall into any kind of traps. Back to the major league level, that they're gonna be careful with him, Eli White, you at least know the guy's a bona fide major leaguer. He's a veteran. You can trust him in all three outfield spots. So I'm not expecting Christian Campbell to be you know, honestly, I I would not be surprised at all if he stays at Worcester for the rest of the year, unless they did like a late call up just to get him a few abs. If the Red Sox are comfortably in a postseason spot and he wanted to get him a few looks, then why not, you know at that point. But I'm not expecting them to call him up to, you know, kind of count on him in key spots, especially with Roman looking like he is right around the corner and cross your fingers on that. Obviously, knock on wood on that. You know, it's looking good with Roman. But still I'm I'm I'm gonna proceed with caution until we get that announcement. So but everybody, we're gonna wrap it up right there again A doozy, A doozy. Oh John. In the chat, Chris Catillo already said it's gonna be a bullpen game. I figured they you know, maybe they end up calling someone up to kind of you know, give you a fresh arm a little bit. Yeah, I'm thinking more so a bullpen game for the most part. Look out for any call ups, possibly before the game. We will see. I'm out here, everybody, Thank you for joining me here today. Pretty easy one here for today. We'll be back here tomorrow around four thirty five o'clock or so. It's an earlier game tomorrow one thirty Eastern time. Go enjoy your Saturday night, everybody, and we'll see tomorrow