Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is the Player's Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Heckmharrison to Montrey Moore and Newie Scruggs.
Speaker 4: All right, baby, let's ride go time right here on the players allows us bring it to you.
Speaker 2: Everybody, bring it to you live from the Star in Frisco, SBC Podcast Center.
Speaker 4: We've got a full house. Heck Maharrison in the building, the college graduate from Texas A and M.
Speaker 2: Trey Moored building.
Speaker 4: Yes, joining us Cowboy Royalty is Anthony Dorset, son of the legend one of my heroes growing up.
Speaker 2: Tony Dorset in the building.
Speaker 5: Man, appreciate you, thank you for having me. I can't hear that right now.
Speaker 6: I ain't getting no, I ain't live yeah, given all right, so we will work on we'll work on that. I'm going to we Scruggs. This show is brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming. Now before we dive into the schedule, because we had the schedule, we'll look into it.
Speaker 2: Man, this is real simple.
Speaker 4: We're talking about a man who's graduated from Texas A and M University.
Speaker 2: Yes he did, man, it did you know this? This is huge? Education? Education is huge, man, A big proponent of it.
Speaker 4: Man, you went to the league, you played ball, you came back, you finished and got your degree.
Speaker 2: Talk to me about the experience.
Speaker 4: Alway, tell people one top ten experiences in your life, but you tell me what to rank for you.
Speaker 7: It definitely is after playing twelve years, going to the super Bowl, went in a great cup, like all that fells in comparison to getting that degree. Like to actually walk back on campus, see how like the times have changed, how difficult it is, and you know, we all been athletes at one point in time to where you just want to put yourself in that competitive environment. So to go back there actually see the nuances of technology and kind of realize I have to call my god daughter like to help me out with certain things to like hey, log in right here on lock down browser and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: So to do that work it was it was gratifying.
Speaker 7: And then to know that like I kept my promise to my mom and my godmother. I told them when I was fortunate enough to be able to leave and get drafted early with the opportunity that I will come back and get the degree. And so to see their faces, to see my kids go on campus and be like, hold on, Daddy, was something like see my name on the side of the stadium. That right there was magical within itself. And so now I can officially say I'm a part of that alumni base. I didn't just go play football there. I was. I was a student athlete. I wasn't an athlete student. So it's a great pride myself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, job, my kids and all that stuff. So yeah, and I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Congratulation y'all about to be crying over and watching.
Speaker 7: Dude.
Speaker 2: Hey man, it's it's special.
Speaker 4: Man, it's special, and and we can talk all day long to our children about school, right, but when you've done it, it's a different thing. And for you, they saw you doing it. That's the special part. Yes, they saw you do it. They saw this is what Daddy's doing. So I'm sure there were some days when Dad was struggling and they saw that.
Speaker 7: I'm telling you it's funny because my teacher shout out to Jason Smith. He actually laughed because there was a couple of times that I was taking the test, and I'm like, hey, Sienna, I tell my daughter go sit in the room real quick, or I'm sitting over here. Before she started school, she stayed with me a month, so literally I'm over here trying to teach her how to body train.
Speaker 2: And you know, do this.
Speaker 7: So it was just it was a lot of adversity that came into play with what they say. We got it done, so it don't matter. Like Drake said, better late than better late than never, but never late.
Speaker 2: It's better.
Speaker 4: So it ain't got your aggur ring. That's another big thing out there, getting the aggie class room. So congratulates. So tell us what degree is.
Speaker 7: In bachelor Art and Science and agriculture leadership and development and a minor in communication.
Speaker 2: So trying to trying.
Speaker 7: To step up man, to get the pain in the paper, to be like you, man, I want to be I want to be the next grade award winner man in this journalism game. Like you like, hey, I'm not with greatness right now? What they say, surround yourself with greatness?
Speaker 2: Wait, congratulations, congratulations? All right? Anthony Dorse said, tell.
Speaker 4: Us, man, I mean you you you watch your dad in the league you played in the league.
Speaker 2: What are you doing these days? Man? Now, we got you on the Playersland man.
Speaker 5: So I'm basically a full time dad more so than anything.
Speaker 8: Right now.
Speaker 6: I got ten year old son. My son's name is Hawk, He's ten years old. He's in his last week of school. He'll be in the fifth grade next year. And staying busy with that.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: Ever since my dad was actually diagnosed with CTE, I've been involved with hamp at some capacity, something with CBD or anything dealing with that side of the medicine part of the game. And you know, just enjoying my time being a dad right now and doing some things. I got some small investments things that I do, but mostly this has been my This what we're doing right now has been one of my dreams. You know what I'm saying to honestly, to be on TV. I'm like you, bro, my my one of my one of my one of my favorite people before and outside of football was Ed Bradley, Like I always wanted to be like a Bradley. He used to be on sixty Minutes. So yeah, yeah, hey man, I had I had a pleasure of meeting him before he passed away.
Speaker 2: To is real cool.
Speaker 5: But outside of that, man, just like I said, I'm I'm new.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: I'm having such a good time being the dad Hawk is playing sports and you know how that is, man, Once you get involved in it, it's NonStop.
Speaker 5: Hey man, man, non stop.
Speaker 2: You got a great story.
Speaker 4: So last year, so heckmcalls games on TV last year? Heck I got to call his son's game.
Speaker 2: What imagine doing?
Speaker 7: What you what?
Speaker 2: You're biased?
Speaker 9: I was answer, but it was that Hawk already running the four too.
Speaker 2: Around the house. Yes, check out.
Speaker 6: He's pretty he's pretty athletic. He's pretty fast, you know what I'm saying. And so I'm not one of those dads. I'm not trying to be overbearing on him as far as when it comes to sports. Yeah, trust me, it's tough, you know what I'm saying. But at the same time, yeah, he's he's very athletic. He's uh, how can I say it, He's a he's a typical ten year old, okay, like he loves his video games, all right, but he's highly competitive.
Speaker 5: Like I said, he's pretty fast. He's definitely fast.
Speaker 2: You can't be slow. He's a tall kid, man, I like that. What are you gaming? With them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know what, man, trying to step in that realm. So so check it out. I coach him. I coaches flag football team. I've been coaching flag football for the past three years and we got a pretty awesome team.
Speaker 2: Who's your team?
Speaker 5: We played? We played through uh.
Speaker 6: The y m c A, so through the NFL Flag The team is called the Ravens and we've been together for the past three seasons. It's two springs in one fall. So far we averaged. We've only lost one game every season.
Speaker 7: I need you come over there and challenge my team, Red Bird Raiders over there.
Speaker 6: Thirty man, We're wide open. We're ready to go into town. That's what I love it.
Speaker 2: Sport is twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 4: It is an Olympics sport in Los Angeles, so that it's a And then today University of Texas Arlington announced they're going to have a D one women's flag football.
Speaker 2: Really so to them, that's awesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so flag football, man, no figure, and it's cool.
Speaker 6: I hope we get represented better in the Olympics than the break dancing man. I hope we get represented better than that.
Speaker 2: Talk about misrepresentation, Yeah, that was coed. Let that go step schedule.
Speaker 4: All right, I am going to reference back to a conversation we had about the Cowboys on NBC. So they're gonna get something quick one of the first two game. They're gonna get something quick in Boyd from around the way. Man, they didn't give them just a game. They game the game, the game, the game, right off the top. September fourth, at Philadelphia, Eagles raised their second Super Bowl banner and the Cowboys are coming to town. Vegas already has the Cowboys and a seven point dog.
Speaker 2: How are we feeling about that? Jo? I feel good. I feel good about it. You know. I love to win.
Speaker 9: The schedule released or they were laying those redcrumbs earlier in the week, and so we got this game September the fourth. I mean, no better place to be for this team to be in Philadelphia to watch that whole ceremony and also play the hey Man, upset upset alert right off the top, we up twenty off the plane. You know where I'm coming from. I don't play with me. Philly and Philly no better place to be.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 9: Brian Schattenhammer right away is going to get an opportunity to put his team on display. What this offensive philosophy is going to be. We'll get the chance to see Eba Flu's defense up against that Philadelphia offense. I mean, look, the preseason is going to tell you one story, but when you get to that game right there, it's all gonna be.
Speaker 2: Hey, the plate's gonna be made.
Speaker 4: Anthony Trey. This goes back a couple of years. Cowboys are playing Philly.
Speaker 9: Man, you don't need to tell them, yall what Chris being was here for too?
Speaker 2: Please tell me about this.
Speaker 4: Cowboys are playing Philly and heckman, you know, I don't know what happened. Help me had a shot of hope. You me said, man, cowboy twenty off the plane.
Speaker 7: You know, the five said they're gonna be right this time. I was wondering because, I mean for the last few days, like ever since, this's.
Speaker 2: Gotta didn't happen. Yeah, it didn't happen. It didn't happen. Was the score?
Speaker 9: We was down by twenty and a half times that's what Yeah, tell me, it wasn't a game. It wasn't a game to have those high hopes.
Speaker 4: So when I saw that the point spread was, you know, Philly by seven, I'm like, so Cowboy down seven.
Speaker 7: I was playing. You know, that's exactly why you threw the bread comes in there. I was wondering where was I said, I knew it was a story, and I'm glad that I got here because when he asked us, how are we feeling, we didn't even get a chance to go.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm excited and bet was lost. So you're bringing it back? Come on? Okay, Okay, I got to get my link. I gotta get you. I love it back. Yeah that's just because you said, don't mean it so happened.
Speaker 6: Yeah, man, but you remember you got you gotta you gotta bet with your brain, not with your heart sometimes, you know, I.
Speaker 10: Get you on that hoping how many Now when it comes down to when it comes down to Super Bowl teams, when it comes down to Super Bowl teams, obviously super Bowl teams the previous year, first games always you know, great record, okay, uh, but this is a rivalry game no matter how you place it, dice it.
Speaker 9: Philadelphia Cowboys, and I'm just going with my I'm going with my quarterback. That's nine and four versus Philadelphia. That's all you know. So when you say, you know, bet with your bet with your brain and not your heart. I mean, I'm gonna tell you straight up, man, I hate the Eagles. Everybody knows me.
Speaker 2: I hate.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna take the Cowboys every time we play Philadelphia, don't matter what kind of tape they have, just know it.
Speaker 2: You know that's the way it is. AD can't raise up right now, so I can talk to you the way I need to raise it up. Down, end up, do what you gotta do.
Speaker 7: Back here now, you said, what was your record of your your QB against the four?
Speaker 2: What is their record opening week? Though?
Speaker 7: Who's cal five? Who's that one in five? I'll answer four years rhetorical like you do a child. So you think that they're about to go in there now, don't get me right. I just told you I get it. Rivalry game and that's we're kicking it off right off of the back. But do they deserve this? You said something that was key right there at the beginning. You said, typically those teams have good records, great records, just start out. We normally see the Super Bowl rematch. I love the Cowboys, I love who they are. I love that they're quote unquote America's team. Now, do they deserve the title? American, but we are go ahead. But yeah, we're saying that this is the number one game that we want to see opening week, coming right off of there.
Speaker 2: Week two.
Speaker 9: Week two, you get Philly in Kansas City. So you got a week wait, wait seven days, you get away seven So.
Speaker 7: You say that's what So you're basically saying that's what should have been first.
Speaker 9: No, No, I'm basically saying the game that should have been first is the Dallas Cowboys at Philly. For that game, that's that's the game you make. You want ratings, you go for that, that's the game you want.
Speaker 5: You don't think case in Phillya is ratings.
Speaker 9: I think Dallas the Dallas Cowboys in Philadelphia Week one is gonna be crazy numbers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've done this before.
Speaker 4: When Tampa after they won the Super Bowl, Dallas had to go down. There was the NBC first game of the year. I was there at that one, and that was when the kicker kicker was terrible lost the game. They ended up losing thirty one twenty and I was like, dude, make you kicks and it is just a football game. But they lost. They lost, Okay, yeah, yeah, and then then it was it was such a good football game. NBC brought it back the next year. They brought it back with the first game of the year. They put on Sunday Night Football the next year. So putting the Cowboys on NBC against Philadelphia, this is good, rats the Cowboys. Like we talked about too, the Cowboys are on NBC's three times. I told you it was getting there three that's the maximum you can go on NBC or Sunday Night Football three times. So they start off on Sunday Night Football. Well's Thursday, but so they started there, that's on NBC. They get a second game in September, so NBC dipping in hard Boys. So they got September twenty eighth at home against the Packers. And then their final NBC game is going to be in December against Minnesota. That's cold in Minnesota. I mean, it's gonna be here, but oh, it gonna be here. It's gonna be here, Jerry World. But that's gonna be interesting because you can start flexing in December.
Speaker 2: You can't just a flexed.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 6: The one cool thing about this game being the first game of the season, this Philly Cowboy game is you know, like we talk about the preseason is one thing, all right, but you're gonna get a true measure real early in the season of what this team is actually looking like in that competition in that game right here. So that's gonna be one benefit to that outside of the hoopla going into it and everything else like that. But that measure of the team and seeing what you really look like that early in this season is gonna be good for the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Let's get a break when we come back.
Speaker 4: The Cowboys are playing on some major holidays, so I want to dive into this in terms of being the player. How does it have to play on these holidays and how do you handle it? Could that be a part of where this thing goes later on in the season for the Cowboys. Heck Maharrison, Trey Moore, Anthony Dorset on NEWI Scruggs. This is the Players Lone, brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming on Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 2: Hey there, Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 11: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat A. Brown, sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem. Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 1: Dallas Cowboys Game dig is brought to you by Captain Morgan, the official spiced drama of the NFL. The NFL season is full of legendary tales on and off the field, and when you model the Captain within you, stories become stuff of legends. So gather your crew and visit follow the Captain dot com to begin your adventure. Please drink responsibly. Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum thirty five percent alcohol by volume. Captain Morgan Rum Company, New York, New York.
Speaker 11: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Jack Black and right.
Speaker 11: Now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping the Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 12: Raising Canes presents the other rules of football. Rule one, any broadcast without the express edition of cook to order Cane's Chicken Fingers is prohibited. Rule twelve, no crinkle Cutfries, Texas toast cravable Cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation. And Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of Caines when it comes to winning game day. Caines rules Raising Cane's Chicken Fingers one love Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Back to the players Lounge.
Speaker 2: Cowboy Nation.
Speaker 9: The twenty twenty five Dallas Cowboys schedule is officially here at limited tickets are available down get ready to bring the noise as you watch your Cowboys live at AT and T Stadium when they host the NFC East Rivals, Eagles, Blue Eagles, Giants and Commanders, plus the Packers, Chiefs, Chargers, Vikings and Cardinals visit Dallascowboys dot com, slash tickets or SeatGeek dot com, the official primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Hacna Harrison appreciated, got trick more college graduate A and M freshly men and got his agguring year in the house. Anthony said, Cowboy Royalty. His dad was Tony Dorset. He's here with us. I am merely new.
Speaker 2: He scruggs. By the way, that.
Speaker 4: Tampa Bay game that the Cowboys played against Tom Brady open up an NBC was maybe two three years ago anyway, twenty six million, according to Chris ban That was why the next year they brought that they brought that same match up back, but they played it at Jerry Rold.
Speaker 2: That's when Dak had hurt his thumb in that first game of the year.
Speaker 4: So but yes, so putting the Cowboys on TV, you know what, the America's team because they watch whether you like it that Rick plays, you said, whether you like it or not, is the best thing going today. Because TV networks are warning him. Cowboys have four Thursday games.
Speaker 2: They bowl. They always like TV and bowling. It does not matter you.
Speaker 4: I don't know if we've ever seen a team have four Thursday games in the season. So they start uh September fourth, Thursday at Philadelphia. By the way, I'm gonna go to that game. Heckna, let me know what kind of tasty cake you want to bring it from the city.
Speaker 2: You take, you get your own tasty cake.
Speaker 9: What you get an opportunity to do is get your own taste a geo.
Speaker 4: So let me know, go get you your own Go ahead, look online, now take it.
Speaker 2: Can I get a Philly cheese? I got a spot that I go to, man, called del.
Speaker 4: It's a it's a little somewhere shack, but bro, it's a line outside.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna right man. It is is amazing. Man.
Speaker 4: So that's the one thing. It ain't nowhere near where we stay. We go out the way to go to.
Speaker 2: I say, you go to the Boonies Ford. You know good. It's good.
Speaker 4: So Thursday, September fourth, then you come down here and you start looking another Thursday game. They got Thanksgiving Day game against the Kansas City Chiefs and Patrick Mahomes. Then after that the next week they played Thursday again at Detroit.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, circle that one, okay. So places that's three playoff teams.
Speaker 4: Two of them, just went to Bowl and then Christmas Day against the Commanders, another playoff team. So Anthony, I'm gonna ask you right out of the gate here, you're seeing it that the Cowboys are playing Christmas Day, Thanksgiving Day, and.
Speaker 2: Christmas Day is in DC.
Speaker 4: As a player, how do guys handle being family man playing balld on.
Speaker 2: Holidays like this?
Speaker 6: Man's like, you try to keep as much normalacy as possible because the main thing is football. So during that time, you keep the main thing the main thing. You hope you know that you got some family mom, wife, girlfriend, whoever that's going to be helping with the meals and organize stuff and everything else like that. But you know, as a player, we got to keep the game face on all the time. So you know, it just happens to be, you know it. We'll spend a little bit less time with the family during that time and we'll celebrate and do everything else like that. But nah, man, you got to keep the main thing, the main thing. The focus is going to be on those football games. It don't matter when they fall. It just happens to be on Christmas Day or Thanksgiving or whatever the case may be.
Speaker 4: So Thanksgiving days here Christmas Day is at the Commander, so that's on Christmas Day.
Speaker 2: Hey, but you know you got to go up all the twenty four so it's.
Speaker 6: Christmas Eve, so hopefully you know, you know some teams who have done this in the past. You hear about them letting the family some of the family members actually travel with them, or they'll do something together as a team family unit at the facility, open gifts together and do things like that before they leave. But regardless of when it is, you know that time of year. Football season is stressful, getting gifts, preparing meals are stressful. So now you just actually end up sharing a little bit more with the family. As far as when you start delegating a you gotta do this this week, you gotta do that and everything, I say that, but no, the games are going to be the games.
Speaker 5: It's important to stay focused on football.
Speaker 2: Trade.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I agree with them exactly. Football first. What got you there? As far as like the game's been home game, I think it's a little bit different when it's a home and away game. Having a home game, it's like, hey, it is the holiday, but we all know football brings the holiday around, like every time you're there.
Speaker 2: What are you about to do.
Speaker 7: You're about to eat with your family, you're about to talk, and you're about to turn that on. So to know that you're going to be sitting there watching and it's a home you get a little bit of extra juice if you come home with that dove. You don't come home with that dove. It's a little bit different. You might mess around and spoil the holidays, but it's always celebrated. And the great organizations, that's the biggest difference. You know, the Cowboys they're one Seattle. A lot of organizations that time. They do a lot of things leading up to it. They let your family travel with you, or they do the events in the upcoming weeks, and so that's your time to get that atmosphere in.
Speaker 2: But for me, when I was.
Speaker 7: A player, I relish in those moments because guess what, not only is my family watching, but everybody's watching me. And this is the chance that I get to put on not only for my family, but also for the team. On national Day when you got a national audiennion, so a lot of players' names are gonna be made on that national day, and a lot of players' names are gonna become mean, so it's just about which one you're going to be focusing on that, and then after you get done, when you're in the building, you're in the building. When you're at home, you're at home. You're going to enjoy that day. Some days it's a day later, two days like.
Speaker 2: All right, heck, can your house for Christmas?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 9: No, But but I will tell you this why, because you won't be here. It's the deal. This is an organization that is used to playing in these prime time games, playing on holidays, and used to that quick turnaround. So this is just another means to an end for the Cowboys. And so all these prime time games that you look at here, whether it's NBC, whether it's the Prime, Netflix, whatever it is, the Cowboys are used to playing in those prime time slots. And I don't see, it's just business as usual around here. We don't get been out of shape like other teams get been out of shape about the prime time schedule.
Speaker 2: So Thanksgiving, I it's such a it's a norm.
Speaker 4: You know, you come here Thanksgiving Day, it's going to be the afternoon three o'clock game. It's the Christmas thing on the road that I always find interesting because you got to leave on Christmas Eve.
Speaker 2: Christmas Eve, you gotta you gotta do that.
Speaker 7: And so to back to your point, that is an advantage like Pete Carroll used to talk about this like in his meetings before coming up, like, hey, we playing these primetime games. We're used to doing this and doing that and handling a versity. And for guys like teams that aren't used to playing in those prime time games, what are they doing. They're sitting there complaining, like, man, I'd rather be at home, especially later on in the season, if you know you're not playing for anything and stuff like that. It's like, I'd rather be here with my family than doing that, versus somebody.
Speaker 2: That's like, shoot, we do this.
Speaker 7: This has been us for We're not used to celebrating Christmas this day. So it becomes an advantage if you use it the right way. With the Cowboys doing that, if they come in there ready to go for that and playing off somebody else slow foot.
Speaker 2: Oh, it can't help the NFL. This is just bullied pull NBA not the way. Well that was get out of here.
Speaker 5: That was gonna be my that was gonna be my next question.
Speaker 6: Like okay, So so Christmas Day is shared with the NBA, right like they they.
Speaker 2: Got smacked last year. It was what they say, the Laker.
Speaker 7: They had the Laker and I'm a Lebron fan. For them to do the King like that, they didn't have to do them like that.
Speaker 9: Lady your lane, I mean, yeah, stany your lane. And in the NFL. In the NFL fig it out how to hog all of that. I mean, not only the biggest sports organization in the world, it's found a way to bump everybody out. Even with the lottery. It doesn't matter. You can do your lottery. We'll do We'll start laying the bread crunt for these games on the same day. We'll take over the regardless.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 9: And the thing is, it's just the game is expanding right now, seventeen games. Just wait till they expand to eighteen, because it's coming. It's coming. And then when you expand to eighteen, that's where, like all of these other sports leagues, they have to really start pushing a lot of the activities out of the way. I prefer the eighteen game league. I'm just saying, I hate playing preseason game.
Speaker 7: You are one of the only fine that I heard I know I'm going to stand on that, like, don't waste like, don't have me out here dry firing my gun, like if I got these bullets and I'm killing it, like I understand, like I understand both sides of it, like you get a chance to make the team, and for those guys that are in preseason and that help before it's a player like the guy that's going to be the guy.
Speaker 9: Don't have me wasting my inner Bury Church is saying, hell no, that's agent that relied on preseason to make the squad.
Speaker 7: And that's why and that's why I'm not that's why I'm not so gun ho on it. But when you do it, I'm gonna be the one few players that's like get ready like it's bullets, Like I don't even know.
Speaker 6: It's it's hard to get ready for a game and say, Okay, you're gonna get a series.
Speaker 2: Like what I mean, like Coachy, did you even do?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Why were you dressing?
Speaker 6: I'm gonna get a series And I'm sitting over here and I'm watching the rest of the time. And true, indeed is beneficial to help out the other young players or people trying to make the roster, but the same thing.
Speaker 5: I'm just like him, Like you're ready to go into a game.
Speaker 6: You gotta get your mindset to play a game, not to play four or five.
Speaker 2: Then don't mess around and get an injured. Let me ask you this too.
Speaker 9: Then, when it comes down to, if you do go eighteen games, an additional bye week, you you automatically go for an additional bye week.
Speaker 7: Yes, okay, well we got you. Oh yeah, put them by a weekend. There, give them enough wrestle. You can have that ample little amount of opportunity. But let's be real.
Speaker 2: People turn they check in the preseason.
Speaker 7: You see this and that, but then you get like after the first game, it's like, ooh, football's back. But those next three to four games, you're not paying attention to the fourth game when you actually have seen your starters play. Like now, if you're a player and you're a fan of the game, you're gonna check in.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have the aunties doing that. But come on, bro, if you want eighteen games, I think you got. You've got to increase the game day roster. You got to I think so you just got eighteen games.
Speaker 4: We're already seeing quarterbacks now falling down on seventeen. Yes, I mean you just just the amount of bodies you need. You add two extra men, that's a lot.
Speaker 7: I never I never got that, like talking, I'm sorry not to cut you off, but I never got that. Like with the whole dressing out thing, like oh, only fifty six can dress out right now, we got seventy five man roster, Like you're telling me those extra guys that are gonna be standing there in their jersey and stuff can't have this on like oh we get injured now we gotta play behind the horse, Like that's that's dumb. Like we're all getting paid, Like, yes, you're gonna get a little bit more if you're active, but like bruh, stop that, like let the whole roster be open. So yes, when you move the season to the eighteen game, I think you should expand the roster as well for health injury wise.
Speaker 4: That's what you are, that's what you best for you guys as players have to stand up and say, look, if you want these concessions, this besides more money, we need these things exactly.
Speaker 2: And that's how you get more money.
Speaker 7: You get another game in there for the guys that these contracts are going up like, so it's gonna be a little give and taking pool And so, like you said, to go back to the union, who do you have running it for you? Do you have some business people that just came in here, or do we have player elected people that have the best interest Because the thing about it is a lot of these players are former players that go in there. But then eventually you start to lose sight of what what really mattered to you when you were on the field, Like are you really fighting for these holiday games if that's really important? Are we really fighting to have fully guaranteed contracts and stuff like that, Like what are you arguing for behind those doors? And when you argue these things, it's always gonna be given taken.
Speaker 2: So well, I mean, don't get me started on that.
Speaker 5: We have a whole show about that. I mean, let's be clear about it.
Speaker 6: We going eighteen games not because football is getting bad or they need to have more games. The whole eighteen games is about money to begin with, exact period. So you know, so you definitely need to increase. You know, like we've seen, we've gotten better contracts over the years. The CBA has changed and this TV money has done a lot for everybody. But at the same time, just like you said, you know, everybody who is active should be able to start dressing that you're going to need those bodies with eighteen games, without question.
Speaker 2: Do you do everything else.
Speaker 7: You go through training camp, you go through the same meetings, you go through preparation, you're there for the night meetings. Some of those teams require practice players to stay in the hotel and do all this, and you go through all everything. Just not to dress like that is in a sense, it's disrespectful to me. We all have to go through this grind. Why why can't we all just put on our helmet. We don't all have to get paid the same and stuff like that, but at least have access because you never know, like you said, in those games, like if it keeps going the way it goes and we do an eighteen game season, you're gonna be looking at a situation like the Mavericks was this year when you had all the injury that you were just pulling guys out saying next week come here, versus already having your you have your bullets in the chamber right here, just have them.
Speaker 6: Right there, just be prepared, and then I don't even like you mentioned the practice squad dudes. You know, we're just talking about active roster, like I mean at that point for active for that game, you know what I'm saying. So like even if if it is not the just the practice squad dudes, but everybody who is actually active that week, yeah, period.
Speaker 7: And I'm not going to say the whole practice squad needs to dress out because if you don't practice squad that but I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: The other ten people that are on the active roster. But your helmet and active, yeah you're active to those.
Speaker 7: Are the players that I feel like you should still and you give and it gives you a little bit of a nuance where you hiding stuff like for people saying who's going to play, who's not. As far as when it comes to injury report, now that you have a deeper roster, like you might be able to pull something at the back for Cleveland Brown situation, you got all five quarterbacks from that, you might be able to come in there around.
Speaker 9: So it's a whole different stuff that you can get through with it. But you got thirty two teams doing the same juggling act. So exactly, it's the fairness not done it's not lopsided. And I've seen and I've seen during the pandemic. You saw to see those changes with the practice squad and who you can have active guys that you can have there. So I mean, I think it all boils down to what you said. It's going to be money that's going to get this decided.
Speaker 2: The union.
Speaker 9: All those guys can talk about the injuries, you know, CTE, they could talk about all those things, but at the end of the day, it's going to come down to the money, the profit sharing amongst the players, all of that. I don't ever think that there's going to be guaranteed contracts in the NFL.
Speaker 2: I just don't. I just don't, and I don't happen. I don't.
Speaker 9: I'm saying fully, fully gagage, fully guaranteed, and it's just the.
Speaker 2: Injuries and everything else that comes with it.
Speaker 9: You're seeing it right now in Cleveland what they're dealing with with Deshaun Watson in his situation. There are teams that just really from an ownership standpoint, that that will find a way for the owners to come back and veto that and flip that if it ever is said that players would have one hundred percent guaranteed contract.
Speaker 7: I don't think I'm going to argue on that to say that it's not necessarily the ownership.
Speaker 2: Obviously everybody don't want to give that away.
Speaker 7: But I think the thing that's really going to keep players away from getting fully guaranteed contract is so many people. You think about the NBA and MLB and all that stuff, they don't have as many people. You have sixty five men on the roster, and you got a guy you might tell him to come in here and he's making ten twenty million and stuff like that, he can afford a hold out for a year or two.
Speaker 2: But then telling the guy that.
Speaker 9: Is barely on the roster and he doesn't have this, I the whole five men that sacrifice their body playing football should deserve guaranteed.
Speaker 2: So let me say that.
Speaker 9: Right, they separate, But it comes down to the when the NBA and NFL, it's the injury aspect of it that will stop the owners from guaranteeing contracts.
Speaker 6: That's I think it's the I thinks it's both. I think it's the numbers as well. You know, to guarantee sixty five guys contracts fully, you know that, Yeah, you're going out on the limb. But but I agree with you too as well.
Speaker 2: Were about to go doing that whole show I just did. We just did show here.
Speaker 4: Now let's get a break in here. I wrote down just an initial quick win loss. So I'll just give you my numbers here on this schedule here, So we'll do that next right here the players not about by Ristocrat Gaming on Dallas cobys dot com.
Speaker 11: How do you tell the world about all the great gifts in the Yetti store letter rip Troy.
Speaker 13: All right, folks, let's get started with Yeddi French Press and Jorg Kalb the State's Hot for hours and French Press thirty four ounds for U six four with the cruise of Yetty French Press. What mixed waterproof bags, bags of waterproofs and Wirst waterproof doubles, water proved bag, bay esports mostly water shul Get water Prove Yeti bay glot smell something cooking pot new cash iron skillets made to be passed down like Marmas reciple. You take a steak, cornbit comperce pot pine and potatoes, next oval well three size of Yetty cash iron skillets.
Speaker 14: Gear gifts and product experts. Visit the Yetti Store on McKinney Street and at South Lake Town Square.
Speaker 7: Today.
Speaker 15: Life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through.
Speaker 2: Whether you're maxing out.
Speaker 15: Overhead presses, pushing through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge. Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of added sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients and the Gladiator Smoothie available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie Kit.
Speaker 11: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys Jack Black, and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 2: The Jack Black Playmaker is four of.
Speaker 11: Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lifball. Make a play for the Playmaker at Getjack Black dot com. Slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get jack black dot com slash.
Speaker 2: Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip Hey Cowboy fans.
Speaker 14: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even us pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust Blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 12: Prescott keeps it slides with the first down.
Speaker 14: Investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 12: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 14: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 1: Back to the players Lounge.
Speaker 9: Get excited for the most dazly DCC experience yet. Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders on Tour is coming to a theater They're near you. Witness live performances, enjoy and on stage Q and a session, and even be a part of a live audition. If you're in Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, Mitland, or l Passo, mark your calendar for dates and tickets. Visit Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders dot com slash tours.
Speaker 4: Chach Marrison appreciate you. In the player's line, brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming. The schedule we're talking about with heck Ma Harrison, former Cowboy Trey Moore. We got former NFL player Anthony Dorset, Tony dor set Son. I am merely knew he struggs right up in here. Schedule is out, all right, schedules out, heck.
Speaker 2: Ma, Now, no, no, don't come over here. I got to keep that same energy. Don't do that. Don't come over here. I got seven in the possible. Seven.
Speaker 8: Okay, playing spaces, I got, I got, I got That's what you got, see, I got, I got six and two strong.
Speaker 2: Here's my passible, I might read you optimistic possible. Out here is the Giants game on the road. Is it beneficial for you to win it? And now exactly so? I got. I got seven in the possible guys.
Speaker 4: Could be eight wins, could be eight wins right now, I'm sitting at seven.
Speaker 2: But but I'm right here. You know, may go I may push it to eight.
Speaker 6: Right now, I'm sitting at nine right and and and my nine came with that Giants game at the end.
Speaker 5: I gave him that all right.
Speaker 6: So but I'm seeing and it's it's really eight with a possible one.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let's look at it like that possible possible possible. They talking across the table.
Speaker 7: Healthy trade what you're hitting me, man, I'm gonna tell you right now, I got six and I got a strong possible in a week possible. My last two possible is that Giants game on the road at the end, depending on what's on the line, who's playing. Uh, that's what makes me a little worried. But I think John that's gonna have a bounce back season. And then that Chargers team, I don't know that just it just scared me, like I think that's that dangerous game. It's the end of the year and there's always a loss before they come back and play a division rival to where the Cowboys are trying to get their shake back.
Speaker 2: So right now, I got you six strong wins.
Speaker 7: I do got them beating KC on Thanksgiving Day, and that's gonna be the one where people when they win, everybody gonna be.
Speaker 2: Like, oh super Bowl, this super Bowl that DAK is heating up. And they beaten Philly in the first game. I got, I got, I got, I got.
Speaker 7: I got them actually beating Philly in the first week. I think it's gonna be what I do, what just happened. I never said who just gonna win? I never said that. I just said I think they're gonna split with Philly this year. And with Philly, I think Philly is gonna need to build that momentum. Dallas is gonna do what they do. They're gonna come out. It's gonna be a great game the first game, and people are gonna be like, Oh, it's Super Bowl year. We're going down here. Nobody knows what's going on. With a brand new offensive, schemeless shoddy coming in there. Ibra Flus is about to bring that juice in, that energy, having this it's flying with all the weapons.
Speaker 2: So so so six, six and eleven, what I got? I got? I got six and possibly at best eight when it's a bottom line, no place, so three of us, no playoffs. Heck what you got?
Speaker 9: So before you get to this whole playoff deal, I'm gonna say I'm with you anthem. I'm going nine and eight, okay, and I don't even see a possible going ten.
Speaker 2: All right, don't write nothing down, don't write anything don't write anything now, it don't right.
Speaker 9: I'm literally I'm looking at my own okay, all right, all right, And and the key word for me is seven, seven, seventh seed. That's all you need, all right, seventh seeds and nine and eight, nine and eight will get you to the seventh seed. And that's what yes, I believe. So you go back over the last word. Three four years, nine and eight got you the seventh seed. If you go back to Philadelphia back in twenty twenty two, I think it was Green Bay. I can't forget the team that's in between there, but I know it's Philadelphia. One year in Green Bay. We know green Bay. Let's beat us here at home as the seventh seed. So seven seed is what I got my eyes.
Speaker 2: I just need to see where the nine games. Don't worry about it, man, we'll put it together long we need we do. Got a long way to go. We got a long way to go. Like, let me let me get through training camp. Imagine, don't worry about it. Don't worry about it. Nine and eight.
Speaker 15: I like that.
Speaker 2: I mean eight, I'm not mad. I got to get just on. Seventh seed is what we need. That would be a successful season.
Speaker 15: To me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, definitely, first year new head coach position going on, that will definitely be a successful season.
Speaker 4: Vegas has got them in about seven and a half in terms of wins right now, the Cowboys overall, so this is fun.
Speaker 2: It's initial long way to go.
Speaker 4: Still, more roster building to take place, OTAs have to get done here, so a lot of football to go. We start to see more and more about what Brian Schottenheimer is going to bring here, that that third game of the year is gonna be really interesting September twenty first, when Matt Eberflus, former Bears head coach, heads back up to Chicago for that so will the next players lines will come in here will dive into this thing even more.
Speaker 7: But initially before we leave, Before we leave, I need to ask you to who impressed y'all and rookie camp just real quick. You ain't got to give us a long drawn out but y'all too right now, y'all are the fact guys who impressed.
Speaker 2: Y'a booker go, I'm gonna go my my right my right guard.
Speaker 9: He impressed you doing Ricky Minnie, I mean, but nobody impresses me literally doing rookie minicamp.
Speaker 2: But I mean there's something where you like, hey, I.
Speaker 4: Think it was here's two things and it's really not not on. It was the people having personal conversations with Donovan as Aaku.
Speaker 2: That young man gets it.
Speaker 4: You already knew Booker from his from his front, but as Araku gets it, okay gets it.
Speaker 2: And then looking and talking.
Speaker 4: To chabone rebel but also looking at his side like, oh that's that's the corner from East Carolina.
Speaker 2: Look he tall. He had one that by like yeah, yeah, like you look like he's he's got.
Speaker 4: The measurables and so if he can come around here, be good. But but but yeah, good good kid kick from North Carolina. As a Roku man, he's I.
Speaker 7: Just wanted to see if you was gonna give me a dark horse. I know he was gonna go with the top the top league. As yes shout out to even.
Speaker 2: A Trey congratulations on the graduation. Again, Anthony Door said, please return for sure, please move. I don't even know. I don't even know.
Speaker 9: You find out so many things about a guy when when when the microphones cut off, I don't even know, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Love walked in. I loved him, and then all of a sudden something happened. I don't know, you want to take.
Speaker 4: He's gonna take the tasty cake. I knew he strugs for Chrispy. I appreciate checking this out here. The show Aristocrat Game. We'll talk to you next week.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.