Speaker 1: Welcome the Money and Wealth with John O'Bryant, a production of The Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio. YO.
Speaker 2: This is John.
Speaker 1: O'Briant, and this is dedicated to well, this is about me being homeless, and dedicated to all the strivers out there, all the achievers, the dreamers. To quote my friend doctor Dorothy Heyde, the late doctor Dorothy Heyde, John Brian, I love you because you're a dreamer with a shovel in your hands. This is a tribute to everybody who's a dreamer with a shovel in their hands. But you may not have a place to live, and people don't believe it when it's mentioned to them. So I need to make it clear. I wasn't always this way. I wasn't always so called successful. I was homeless. I mean I grew up first of all in South central LA and in later on in Compton, California. But that wasn't the roughest period. One of the roughest periods, certainly the roughest period before I was twenty years old, was when I was homeless. Most people who were homeless, at least in the time I was coming up, it was, and up until even recently since until the you know, just before the pandemic, it was you know, substance abuse, it was mental illness. A lot of policies, the government kicked people, a lot of medical facilities and indus streets. Now a lot of people, you know, actually making an economic choice, which is what I did, or the choice was made for me. No, No, I made an economic choice. So I was homeless six months of my life, real talk, And I want to remove the shame from that experience through me. For you, if you're having too much month at the end of your money problems, if you're arguing with your mate, if you are frustrated with yourself, if you are depressed, distressed, you know, in Middle Park of last year, fifty plus million Americans were on antidepressants. Then a lot of other people were medicating their depression through you know, recreational drugs and alcohol and et cetera. So it could be one hundred hundred and fifty million Americans that are just depressed adults and young people and you know, feeling that hope has walked away from them. And this country is not a country. She's an idea and we can make her anything we want, and we need to repair the ladder of aspiration and opportunity for all. That's my goal. To unleash your untapped potential at scale, that's my goal. So I want you to see yourself and me in this story. I want you to understand that I have been there. I have actually been depressed. I have been down on myself. There were times didn't last long where I thought, as a young man, Okay, life is over. Maybe I should not go on. I can't say I actually, you know, thought about literally suicide. But you know, it was pretty bleak there for a minute. So let's get into the details here. Let's get into the facts of the matter, the story behind the story, the details behind the story. So I was making money and not very much as an entrepreneur, as a business owner, those two things are different. I'll break that down in a separate podcast. By the way, if you want a podcast story, leave me a comment, leave me a note, you know, let me know what your interests are. You can also hit me on social media and you know, tell me what you mean to talk about. I'll be happy to get into it. As part of this process of building a new you. So I had several jobs at the same time, right. An entrepreneur works eighteen hours day to keep from getting a job. I had tried a number of things, concert promotion and marketing and business development on behalf of others in acting. That was a part of my career early on in my teens. And I had about five hundred dollars a month coming in from residual payments from acting. That's residual payments are when you do a show and it repeats on TV television back then, and you get a check. And so when you combine all of my income sources, I had about five hundred dollars coming in a month, and I had a choice to make because I had more going out than coming in. I had a black Montero jeep. I'm not sure they make them anymore, but it was beautiful, well, it was beautiful to me.
Speaker 2: I owned it. Well, I didn't know at least.
Speaker 1: It and I know at least it because the owners were looking for it was the dealership had financed it, very expensive financing. As I recall, my credit was shot back then, and I had made several payments and they were looking for the jeep, or they're looking for me driving the jeep. They wanted the jeep back. It's called you know, repo man. They wanted to repossess my Yes, me right, And by the way, that was my second repossession that I can think of.
Speaker 2: Before that, I had had.
Speaker 1: A dream of owning a BMW three twenty I back in the day, and my credit was so tore up. I took it out for a day. Even the dealership that wanted to take back the paper and financing themselves after a day said no, you just your credits told from a flow up, we can't even take a risk on to you bring that car back. I brought that car back and they actually allowed me to take another car out, which was a dots and to I think it was a two sixty Z two eight Z and actually they had to come get that one too. This was one of my early teens, so that later on my life, and I'm so called mature at least, I was about, you know, trying to actually build something. I still had too much month at the end of my money. I didn't want to take cared thus from my mother or my father. I wanted to do it on my own. Well, things didn't work out. That's a short version, and I may get into some of the details of some of the businesses that didn't work out. But the meat of this matter is that I had five hundred dollars a month coming in. It was dependable, and I had a choice to make. Do I rent an apartment or do I rent an office? And I decided to bank on myself and to rent a office. It wasn't a full office. It was an office within an office complex. A friend of mine owned the public relations firm, and I wanted a good address. I wanted to be in a good location and an aspiracial location, someplace I could do marketing and go and look, you know, like the clients I was trying to secure. So I was in technically Beverly Hills, but really on the outskirts. It was anybody knows La Los Angeles. It was Pico Boulevard, west of Dolheiny, south side of the street. And again a friend of mine had a public relations firm, and I asked her could I rent one of the offices sub LEAs and she said yes. Now this was important decision. It was a critical decision I made to bank on me. It was a bank of john. I could have rented the apartment, which is what all of my friends were doing. It was what was you know was and then is today socially acceptable to have the right look, the right place to live. But that wasn't making me any money or bringing me any wealth. And I didn't care about how it looked. I was banking on me, and I thought the best investment was to take this five hundred dollars and to rent this room within her it is kept Morrison, by the way, it's her name within her PR firm, and God bless her soul. And so the problem was I had no place to live, and I couldn't be driving this MONTERI jeep around town because well, folks were looking for it, the rebotman, to be specific.
Speaker 2: So I would go to the office.
Speaker 1: I worked all day and maybe this is where I got comfortable with working fifteen eighteen hours a day. So I had no choice. It couldn't be out running the streets in this jeep, so I would put a car cover over the jeep and over the license plate. By the way, I ultimately paid my debts, so just so you know, I wasn't a bum. I just was delayed and I ended up paying the you know, my overages what I owed plus you know, late fees and all that stuff. So but it was well worth it. I mean, that was that was you know, that was also an investment in me. I was banking on the long term success of me. So I would stay there all day, work all day. I would sometimes run out to potential clients that were close by, or I could get marketing jobs, marketing consulting jobs representing their companies like Foster Shoe Company. I remember was one company that was down the street. It was a family that owned the company, and I had befriended them and impressed them, I guess, and they gave me, you know, one of my first jobs. Will I will talk more in detail about that in a moment. It ties back because I mean the thousand dollars check they got for me, I did not use to go rent the apartment. It was a retainer that gave me. That was over the five hundred dollars a month I was coming in. I could have rent an apartment. And I'll take a minute why I didn't. Let me get back to the story. So I stayed there all day and then when people left Kip Morrison and associates for the day. When home, I went to the restroom at Kit Morrison and Associates and cleaned up in the sink. So I would close the door. I would take off my shirt and clean the collar and clean the I guess my wrists were. I'd take some soap and some and a towel, and I would, you know, make sure I had no dirt showing I'd cleaned my shoes, certainly the tops and the size of the shoes. Back then, I wore boots and black leather sole shoes, black leather shoes, dress shoes. And I would wear a dark suit so you couldn't tell I'd been wearing it over and over. But I made sure that white shirt, that the collar and the cuff were clean. So I presented myself well, right presentation is important. And then I'd go back to work and of course eat, and then around midnight I would head out take the car cover off the jeep. And you know, tow trucks weren't typically looking for people who repossessions in lower Beverly Hills. Just you know, that's not the place where they were hanging out, and that's not where they suspected I'd be for sure. So I would then drive every night to near the Airport Latierra and Airport Boulevard. There's a there was an old Italian restaurant on that corner, a caddy corner like a v and behind the old Italian restaurant was a parking lot. And I'd pull in that parking lot and I would put the car cover over the front of the jeep. I'd roll it back over the doors and over the top of the jeep. I'd get inside of the jeep in the back, close the door, and as I was closing the door shut, I would drop the car cover over the back. That would of course cover the license plate and it would also cover me. I had a hot and cold running igloo, uh you know, ice chests or food container in there where I would eat late snack, and I had a low light that I could keep on my computer not so hot. And the windows were tenanted, so it was hard to see that we hit a tent in the car cover, you couldn't really see inside. And I park in this parking lot and I'd stay there from you know, midnight one in the morning until six ish. That's probably where I got the habit of sleeping for six hours. So it was there after business hours and gone before business hours. And I did that for six months, and I just kept I just kept harvesting, just kept harvesting, kept hustling. Wealth's through compounding. You don't have inherited wealth, you know, money from other sources, revenue from other sources. Sometimes you got to have compounded hustle. So I had hustle on top of hustle, creating more hustle. And one I think I've learned is that is that fear and failure and the devil are lazy bastards. You know, they don't do the work right. They expect us to give up. And so love is work. Not love is work. Non lover is laziness. Anti love is evil. Evil exists, but it's very rare. Most people are just lazy. I found intellectually lazy, spiritually lazy, financially lazy, dream lazy. I mean, it's so easy for me to just default on all my obligations and file bankruptcy and throw the how. But that was my name out there, that was my reputation, my rep out there. Put some money on your name, put some respect on your name, right, And even though I didn't have money, didn't mean it. I didn't have wealth There's a difference between being broken being poor. Being broke is economic. Being poor is a disabling frame of mind. It to press condition of your spirit, and you must foul, never ever ever to be poor again. That's a lesson my mother taught me. And so I was broke. I wasn't poor, and I wasn't going to act poor, and I wasn't going to give in the poverty mindset. And those people loan me money and I signed on the dotted line. I knew what I was signing, our ship. And you know, they deserve to have their money back, or to have the cheap back. And so I didn't resent them coming looking for the cheap. I just didn't have a conversation for him that was acceptable. I couldn't even make payment arrangement because it would have been a lot I would I mean, I couldn't keep the commitment at that point.
Speaker 2: I had to wait until I actually had something to say that was meaningful.
Speaker 1: I worked and worked and worked, and got a few marketing gigs and was able to ultimately work myself out of being homeless economically and to rent. I think I first rented a room in someone's house. And by the way, when I did that. I think it was Malibu, where I rented a room in someone's house. Again, I wanted to be around aspiration. I wanted to be around success. As I keep saying, if you hang around nine broke people, you'll be the tenth. The opposite is also true. You hang around nine aspirational and successful folks, you might be the timp. I can't guarantee that being positive is going to make you a success, but I absolutely guarantee you that being negative will make you fail. The glass is half full or half empty, depends who's looking at the glass. It's the same glass. Whether you believe you can and whether you believe you can't, you're absolutely right, right. So I wanted to be around an aspirational environment. So I rented a room. I rented it in Malibu, and I read it several rooms in Malibu and worked my way up. Again, this is a another story at another time. I want to stay focused on this, but I mean I worked my way up to you know, collaborating or co living with one of Flip Wilson's kids for a short period of time in Malibu on the Beach. On the Beach, Philip Wilson was a great comedian back in the day, and I befriended this one of his kids. Okay, back to this story. So when I got this thousand dollars from Foster Shoe Company, it was a retail store on Pico Boulevard owned by a Persian family who I had gotten to know, and they became impressed with me, and so I had a contract for the year to do marketing for them of their shoe company, their retail shoe company. I put together proposal sitting in that jeep under a light right and also yes, at my office. But when I was at the office, I was busy hustling most of the time. That was my hustle period, and I would work the phones NonStop because I really couldn't go drive around because again, the leasing company was looking for that Montero jeep. That's why I'm so obsessed with not being about the payment. By the way, when I signed that agreement, I didn't, you know, realize that. I mean, people asked what the You never asked what the payment is when there's an interest rate attached, right, And I asked what the payment was. And that was just a mistake. I mean, I ended up. I never would have been able to pay that jeep off because the loan I got my credit was so bad. It wasn't credit, it was critic and my credit was bad, as my dad, Johnny Smith would say, but it was where I was at that moment, right. Don't never let the perfect become the death of the good. So this thousand, this ten thousand dollars contract I had for the year, which was a really big deal for me back then. I guess today you'd think it was a you know, one hundred thousand dollars contract. The ten thousand dollars contract I got for that year came with a thousand dollars advance, which I had to ask for, and I took that thousand dollars advance. And I'm trying to make sure I'm getting this right. I think the timing of this was actually a few years later, but the story still holds up. They were still a marketing client of mine, Foster's shoes. But just to show you how I made investments back in myself. So by this time, I worked myself out of being homeless, and I was reading a room in someone's home and I wanted to model somebody who's international. Who happened to be black. And the only two people I knew who were international who happened to be black based on our research was Ambassador angew Young and Quincy Jones. Now, I wanted to be a businessman, but hey, take what you can get. And these were two iconic individuals just so happens. Andrew Young was in civil rights and social justice and Quincy Jones.
Speaker 2: Was in music.
Speaker 1: But you know, they were international brands and extremely prominent in the world, and I wanted to role model their success. So how do I get to them? Well, the Ambassador Young story is for another day. That's a separate podcast. I'll do if you want me to do it. But the Quincy Jones story I was telling right now. I wanted to meet Quincy Jones. And how do you do that? You try calling his office. You can try. You can try. There wasn't email back then, and it wasn't social media back then. You couldn't tag somebody. You can call his office and speak to a secretary, show up at his office and be turned away by security. All those would net you nothing but heartache. And I take no for vitamins, but I try to so nose don't bother me. But I tried to be smart about it. So there was a fundraiser that was being done for a congresswoman at Quincy Jones's house, and I found out about it and what was the entry fee? What was the fundraising commitment for an attendee? One thousand dollars. So that's why I went to Foster Shoe Company, which at that point had been a marketing consulting client for me for a minutes. I worked my way up from a monthly contract where they just trying to see if I was real or not. And I worked my way up after a few years to having a yearly contract and a monthly retainer. And I know, I went and asked for this thousand dollars, this advance. I took that check back. Then it was a check. I turned the check over. I endorsed the check because there was no money. There's no excess money in my account. I didn't want to check the bounce one of my checks to the bouncesse I would have been embarrassing. And I took that check up to Quincy Jones's house. I RSVP'd made a commitment of a thousand dollars. Now I didn't have a pot to piss in or window to throw it out of. Now, keep keep in mind, I'm I was homeless, and then I was still penniless when this was all happening, and I was, you know, living at most a subsistence environment. I showed up, and people think I'm a social animal. I'm really not. If I'm passionate about it, you can get me engaged, get me to talk, but I'm really I'm actually quite.
Speaker 2: I can be pretty quiet and pretty.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm a very I'm a very private person living a very public life, and so I just don't have like, you know, how's the weather conversations, and that doesn't really interest me. I want to talk about something that's real and subsidience. So I showed to Quincy Jones' house and I hug a wall. Basically, I find a wall and I stand next to it. And all these pretty and beautiful people and handsome people and smart people and hooked up people and connected people walking past me, and celebrities and all these people I can recognize me, but I don't see Quincy. And so I just, you know, I just I stayed there. I paid a thousand dollars. I was gonna make sure I met him. Before I left, at least shook his hand. And you know, Bastor Younghand has this great quote, Coincidence is God's way at meaning anonymous. And I guarantee you if you know. Tony Resler, billionaire friend of mine and business partner, told me, if you don't quit, you can't fail. If you don't quit, you can't fail. And that's true because that night I didn't quit. And I was there for a couple hours, holding up that wall and looking at my watch, and I heard in the distance from another room, my name, do you know John Bryant? And it was Quincy Jones's voice, and I'm like, what the heck? And he was talking to the congresswoman and she's says, yes, I know John Brian. He's you know, he's a wonderful young man. I don't want to say who the congress person was. I don't want to but smirk her name. But she wasn't helpful. I mean, she wouldn't hate no me, nothing, but she to say that she was she loved me and she was supporting me, and all that stuff just wasn't true. Uh, it just wasn't true. But she told Quincy, oh, we love that young man. He's doing great work in the community that we support them. Okay, fine, this is a lesson stepping over mess and not in it. By the way, don't don't wear range the dick chairs and the Titanic in your life, right, don't don't have over a dollar to pick up a dime. Don't don't get emotional.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: That was no time for me to go and step to her corrector, Right, Quincy Jones's mission in my name and she's bragging on me. I'm gonna let both of them talk about me. So and so she says, well, Quincy, he's here, he's at your he's in your house. And He's like, what do you mean he's my house? Where? And so I don't know whether they came around the corner to get me, or I walked around the corner. I probably, knowing me, walked around the corner and Quincy was couldn't have been more gracious. And so all I remember is Quincy and I shook hands and we started talking, and I talked to me is like back then, it was like getting a glass of water out of a fire hydrant, Like you know, I had a lot of stuff to say, right, and I looked up and six, you know, five hours had passed.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure it was five hours.
Speaker 1: And because everybody was gone and we were in Quincy and I were sitting at the entrance of for the exit because he was taking he was saying hello goodbye to people as they left. I don't remember any of that. I was just I was telling them my dreams, telling them and how much I respected them, and you know, asking him questions. And we were sitting right below Michael Jackson, you know, platinum record situation, which you know Quincy of course had produced, amongst other other incredible achievements of his, and we became fast friends that night forward as a bad brother, more Grammy nominations than anybody I think until recently history. Uh just I mean just just unbelievable talent. And he wouldn't let me call him my mentor. He called himself my big brother. That's what he was. And I learned so much from Quincy, and that led to a real relationship, including out of town travel. I went to Montroe Jazz Festival with Quincy several times, and he was one of the innovators in the Montreal Jazz Festival. We went to he invited me to go to, uh the launch of the It was an African American museum. I forget the name of it, and I think it was Cleveland, and uh, he remember he told me gotta stay cool now.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: He told me to talk to his friend Clarence Avon, God dresses so about the transportation. So I had my assistant, my then assistant called Clarence Avon that at this point, so this is years, years and years later, and my assistant called Clarence Avon. She came my office crying. I mean she was just Clarence had cursed her out.
Speaker 2: Who do you call me? I'm in charge of this translation. So I called Quincy.
Speaker 1: Ay man, I mean, sir, I think I think we offended Clarence And he said, you just started laughing.
Speaker 2: He said, come on, man, that's just Clarence. He just messing with you.
Speaker 1: So I called Clarence and yes he was clowning, and uh so we got the That was my first time on a private jet. So here we go from homeless, uh, living in my g and meeting Quincy Jones and ultimately riding in a private jet with Quincy Jones and Clarence Avon and and that relationship. Capital opened many many doors. I remember we got back by the way from that trip and Clarence is like, you know, you're okay. You know, I'm sorry I treated you so badly, young man. He said, tell you what, next time you have a trip, you can use one of my jets, three of them. Oh my god, that's that's so, that's fantastic.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: We're at Vanni's airport, a private airport, and he says, yep, it's Southwest United in Delta, and he walked off. Going back to the story of me being homeless. Once I was able to work my way out of that financial hole.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And it was hard and I would I couldn't resolve the card note issue. But there were smaller bills. I had my cell phone bill. A cell phone back then it was a I mean I used to carry a brick on my shoulder like a like back in the back in those days. It was forty five since a minute, by the way, and it was not digital.
Speaker 2: This was really.
Speaker 1: Crackly lines, right, some of you know what I'm talking about. And so I had a cell phone bill that I had to pay. I had a landline bill at the office that had to pay. I had business expenses, I had the you know whatever they were, and I would call the all the folks I have money to and I to settle on some kind of a payment arrangement. And what I found is as long as you communicate with people, they're pretty cool with you. People don't like to be dignified de dignified. They don't like to be blown off. You wouldn't want to be blown off, right If you loaned somebody some money and they won't call you back, you're offended by that. So why would why would the opposite not be true? Like, don't get offended or hurt by somebody because they're calling you looking at for their money. With that joke from Chris Rock, I don't know nobody would know one an hundred number. I ain't answering that phone, you know, So you got to answer the phone and deal with it before it deals with you. And if you deal with it, they tend, you know, they tend to work it out. This the carnal situation was different. It was such a big amount that when I talked to them, you know, if I gave them my details, I would have had to give them my location that they might have said they would get the payments, but they would have just taken the car, and I needed the car for transportation. So I apologize to Mitsubishi of West Covine. I believed it was who had either directly or indirectly financed my trade, but they became a venture capitalist for me. I didn't have any any money, so I used that. I used to have a pep Boy's card and a Macy's card and a JC Penny's credit card. And you know this is this is this was my made up capital stat of how I got in the business. I use these credit these places to float. I had a secure credit card, by the way, that had a three hundred dollars UH limit, and I think it was a three d dollars deposit and I was always bumping up against a three hundred dollars limit. Can somebody out there say, man, you know what I'm talking about? And I remember going to lunch trying to impress somebody, sometimes a girl, yes, and sitting there sweating, trying to think, didn't my twenty five dollars payment. This is back in the days where you could flow the check. Don't act don't now, don't you guys act like you don't know what I'm talking about. Now you know what I'm talking about. You write the check and you put it in the mail, and you put on the slow boat to wherever, and you hope that it don't show up. You know, you wanted to show up, sorry, but you hope that it doesn't process, because because you need to make sure that you've got the money in the bank before the check showed up. And these were twenty five dollars payments I was making. Well, the lunch I was that was twenty two dollars plus a tip, which I had to make sure it was cash because otherwise, I you know, I had a three dollar buffer. But I had to make sure that payment showed up and they registered it, and I wouldn't dare call the credit card company. So I would just sit there lunch and just sweat bullets and hope that the credit card charge go through. I remember did Gregory once said back in the day, he said, I love going to Africa. Even my old canceled credit card still work. It's not that way anymore, but it was a way back in the day. Another thing I used to do was I would if I owed somebody some money, I'm so so sad. I did this, but you know, I own it, and I made it all right.
Speaker 2: I would.
Speaker 1: If I owed somebody some money and I just I had to talk to him. I had to make it right. But I didn't have the money that moment. I had it in like two weeks. I would write the check and put it in the mail and forget to put the stamp on it, get quotation marks right. And of course they called me and I said, well, I put that in the mail to you. I mean I sent that check, which I did, and then I said, oh my god, is returned because I didn't put a stamp on it. I'm you know, apologized. Can say I'm I'm sorry because I wasn't sorry. I did it intentionally, but I apologized, and I put very intentional about my words. I put the stamp on it, put it back in the mail when I knew I had the cash.
Speaker 2: This is back in the day.
Speaker 1: Where you could float a check for a week. Now I think everything is instantaneous with debit cards or whatever, so we can't play those games. But all this was my hustle. These were my hustle periods, and I made the credit card company's whole I got. I mean, I have, amongst other things, Mary Express black card today, which I guess has no limit on it. I've got, you know, credit cards from all the major banks and corporations. I've got lines of credit, you know, I guess I can say this. You know, millions of dollars of credit availability through my businesses. You know, have a credit score now is eight. I think it's eighth nine or something like that. My mother's credit cord was eight fifty four. So I got in my life right and I paid off the it's a bish company, yes, but plus penalties. I handled all my debts right. And it wasn't pretty, but you know, neither is making certain types of food. It may not be pretty to look at, but it's delicious to eat when you finish. Just be committed to your growth, be committed to your authenticity, be committed to your hustle, be committed to your your dreams, be committed to living your best and most authentic version of yourself and your life, and and bank on you. That's what I did. It was a bank of job right. I didn't have anybody. By the way, I guess you should say this. People were to say, well, why didn't you just go You know, you had this great mom and his great dad. Your dad was a business owner, your mother was that wasn't gamely employed. Why you just go home to your parents? Well, my mother worried for a living, right right my mother. My dad would put me to work at its construction company. And I wasn't trying to get no callouses on my hands, I think after working for my dad in a construction site, I'm like, look, the only thing I'm getting only injury and getting on my hands when I get it. When I grew up as a paper cut from depositive and check in the bank, right, that's it. I'm not doing this manual label and I'm not I'm using my brain. I'm gonna grow from the neck up, not the shoulders down. I'm gonna use.
Speaker 2: Brain, not broad.
Speaker 1: So my dad would put me to work for his construction company, I wouldn't feeling that, and my mother would have made me come home and live with her, and it would have gotten me a job at McDonald Douglas's Aircraft Believe where she was working at the time at what today would be eighteen dollars an hour twenty bucks an hour and look great job that wasn't for me. It was for my mother, but it wasn't for me. That was not my destiny. And so unless I'm willing to listen to their rules and follow them. And kids listening to this, young people, if you're in your parents roof, you got to follow their roofs. I wuldn't try to do that. I had my own dream and I wanted to pursue it, so I had to take the risks tied to that, and the penalties tied to that, licking tied to that. So my parents never knew I was homeless this entire period, and they found out when I was twenty three or so giving a speech somewhere and they were in the audience, and I told the story for the first time because they, you know, they would have overroded my vision for myself. And I was banking on John. It was a bank of John, and you know, I was my own venture capitalist. And it worked out. Rainbows only follow storms. You guys, you cannot have a rainbow without a storm first. So go pursue your dream. Go to Operation Hope at the one Million Black Business Initiative, where we've created just about four hundred thousand created, supported, advanced, hooked up four hundred thousand black businesses through the one Million Black Business Initiative. Our partnership with Shopify, were raising credit cards and serving as a private banker through hoping Side networks. Through the operation of hoping Side network work, we're helping people like myself, you know, to come up from nothing. And you know, this is an opportunity for you to plug into a new ladder of aspiration and hope. Be a dreamer with a shovel in your hands, and let me help you. Put some silver tone dirt in the shovel, balance it out as you throw it over your shoulder, and set yourself free.
Speaker 2: All right. John O'Brien is the silver rights movement. I'm Out.
Speaker 1: Money and Wealth with John O'Brien is a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network. For more podcasts from the Black Effect Podcast Network, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. Dep