Speaker 1: When it comes to trying to diagnose when the lines are going to be bringing pressure.
Speaker 2: What kind of.
Speaker 1: Distinguishes them how they do it as opposed to some other teams.
Speaker 2: You might face.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they do a good job, but I think of you know, sort of holding it and disguising it.
Speaker 2: You know, there's there's a lot of looks.
Speaker 3: Where it looks like it's just a base coverage and all of a sudden, they're bringing guys from you know, different different directions and stuff when they do blitz Like, you know, they have certain coverages that are behind they're blitzes. But like I said, they do a good job with bringing different guys and you know, sort of holding their water and not showing it. So I think that's the difference really, you know, across the year, other teams will sort of have some tips and includes and stuff, but I think these guys do a pretty good job of you know, sort of switching it up and making it hard for the quarterback to recognize it.
Speaker 2: So it would be a good challenge.
Speaker 4: Why do you feel you and the offense have done well against the blitzes.
Speaker 3: I feel like, you know, we usually go into it having a good plan and so the minute they do it, and if we're on it, you know, it's I think it's sort of like a high risk, high reward kind of thing for both sides. You know, if we're ready and have a good plan for it, you know, all it takes is like a five yard throw or something, and then we get turned into a big game. You know, the couple got short. So we've gone into games where you know, defenses that blits a lot.
Speaker 2: We usually have a good plan for it.
Speaker 3: So but that's just the receivers and myself, you know, being on top of it, and when they give us those opportunities, we've got to be ready for it. And if we're not ready for it, then we can get exposed.
Speaker 5: So this is your first year as starter. You'll let this team to an NFC Championship games. You're planal least for the m VP. What does I tell you about yourself?
Speaker 3: Man, I've just been taking it one day at a time, you know, since last year once I stepped into the role. You know, for me, it's never been about all the hype and the glory and all that kind of stuff. It's been about how can I help this team win? And you know, I have a really good squad around me, and they've helped me get to where I'm at with my game and helped me get better. And so so you know, here we are, second year in the row in the NFC Championship. Very thankful for it, but obviously we have a bigger goal of mine and we have to handle business this Sunday. So that's where my mind is at with that.
Speaker 5: What kind of emotional boost does it get the team that depot is.
Speaker 6: Good to help.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's huge for us. You know, Deebot is a game changer. You know, he's one of the best in the NFL at what he does. So obviously for him to be able to play, all of us are like, all right, you know, Deebo brings some juice and energy and we got his back and and so obviously seeing him run around a practice and look good for us.
Speaker 2: It's all right. You know, it's on, So we're excited for him.
Speaker 4: Emotions or confidence did you get from rewatching the film of the last drive?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, like I said before, you know, the season sort of it's on the line, you know this that was probably our last drive that we were gonna have in that game, and so all of us. Like when you're watching the film, you can just tell like everyone's on top of their stuff. Everyone's detailed in every move from the O line in their past sets to the receivers running to their landmarks and getting to where they need to be and then obviously making smart decisions and not forcing anything.
Speaker 2: So you could just.
Speaker 3: Tell there was a lot on the line and I think we really we played our best ball in that moment. So it's a it was encouraging watching for all of us, and it's got to keep building and you know, carry that into this game.
Speaker 1: How did how did you know you talked about on Wednesday, maybe you know, not getting to the checkdowns the way you wanted to early in that game and then in that last stripe you did what caused that kind of realization or you know for you to actually execute that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like, you know, there's times in the game where it's like you're aggressive and you can think that there's a window there and make a play where in.
Speaker 2: That moment it was okay.
Speaker 3: You know, obviously every decision is on the line here, so obviously just go through what the coaches have top taught all the quarterbacks and and you know, be smart, not that you're going to be timid and conservative, but if the defense isn't you know, running what we're looking for, then you know, obviously take the checkdown. And I feel like during the game it was like, you know, sort of looking for a big play periodically. So definitely was playing with some conviction on that last drive and and I think, you know, it obviously went well if I had that same mindset. So some the some the that I looked at in the film and learned from it, so it was good.
Speaker 1: Did you learn anything about yourself on that last drive or self correcting in the game like that?
Speaker 3: I think, you know, just obviously in the in that moment, it's you know, everyone makes it a big deal, like, okay, this could be it. But for me, it was like, man, it's football. It's eleven on eleven. I got dudes around me that are really good. They're gonna do their job. Well, I got to do my job and let's go execute put a drive together.
Speaker 2: So keeping it simple in the senses is what I took away from it. What of the next forty eight hours look like for you?
Speaker 3: I mean the same as really this whole year, just in terms of going through my process on a Friday night, Saturday morning, come for come here for a walk through Saturday, and continue to study the plays and everything and and uh but at the same time, you know, keep it simple. You know, all year, I've had a process how I handle my stuff and how you're ready for a game, and I try not to overcomplicate things and and so you know, other than that, you know, I'm gonna just go into this game just like have all year.
Speaker 2: So I'm excited for it. Superstitious at all.
Speaker 5: Do you eat the same food every Friday or anything like that?
Speaker 2: Uh, I have a routine, but I wouldn't say I'm suspicious.
Speaker 6: So yeah, hearing he talked about like making those decisions in the moment, you could kind of say the same about the play calling and like what that is. Like do you ever talk with coach about that, the similarities between him calling plays and making those decisions and you know, trying to stay you know, use this preparation. Do you talk about like that, the similarities between coaching and quarterbacking in.
Speaker 5: That way at all?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You know, I think throughout the week he does a really good job with with just explaining why he's calling plays. What we're trying to attack, you know, sort of, you know, how we feel about plays. He always asks us like how we're feeling about it and if we're confident in running it.
Speaker 2: So he does a good job with that.
Speaker 3: And then and honestly, when he asked me, like what I'm thinking in certain situations and stuff, I tell him and I tell him exactly what I was thinking in the game and moving forward, you know how I'm how I'm feeling about stuff. So we're on the same page a lot of a lot of the times about a lot of things. And you know, for him, like he does a good job, like I said, with you know, making sure that we're all comfortable with running what he's calling all of us, not just the quarterbacks but players in general, so we all want to play. For me, he does a great job with staying on the same level as us and explaining and explaining what we're attacking and what we're trying to do. So he's done a good job with that. I think he's one of the best in the league of doing it. And we've seen it for a while.
Speaker 4: So how much do you think your experience in college playing four years and some big games on the road be asked to carry it off as prepared you for coming into this and playing in games and circumstances like this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you know it was. It was good man to be to play four years of college ball and like you said, go and play in different environments and and stages and levels of you know, the games being on a higher level. So for me, I took a lot away from those kind of games. I think it helped sort of build me into who I am, just in terms of, you know, finding out what I do good and what I don't and how it can be better. So I definitely remember a lot of games where I feel like it was a high state game and and how I performed and and so I can sort of go back to those experiences and remember, like, man, I should have done this better, or I remember I did do that well. So for this game NFC Championship, you know, I want to keep it simple, not blowing it out of proportion in my mind or anything, but you know, at the same time, sort of have some juice because like, man, this is a this could be a once in a lifetime opportunity, So got to be excited about that more than anything too.
Speaker 1: Can you feel or do you know how much confidence your teammates haven you?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I feel like all all year, you know, they've been the same guys in the locker room. They've they've believed in me since I've stepped in, since last year and throughout the year, I feel like.
Speaker 2: I've grown and we've all grown together.
Speaker 3: So definitely blessed to have these guys in the in the locker room with me, and and they definitely have my back and through the good and the bad. We've been through some stuff this year, and it hasn't all been pretty. There's been some good times, there's been some tough times, but through it all, man, these guys have have continued to have my back and show show love and and you know we go to war together.
Speaker 2: So very thankful for him.
Speaker 4: What do you remember from David Montgomery back in college and did you give any input to the defense at all?
Speaker 2: But what kind of guy he is?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, David was one of the hardest workers I've ever been around. You know, that's the kind of guy that just doesn't go down easy. He's always moving his feet, explosive, great quick cuts. And this week I haven't really been able to talk to my defense about that. I mean, they've seen him, I think a lot, just the last couple of years when he was in Chicago, so they know who he is. But yeah, I have nothing but love and respect for David what he's done. And and it's a tough dude to to get to like he's he's only strong, he's tough physical, and yeah, it's gonna be a good challenge to go up against him again.
Speaker 2: Thanks guys, mm hmm.