Speaker 1: It's easy.
Speaker 2: It's fun. Let's enjoy it together. It's one more thing. I did you Did you say it's easy, it's fun. Yes, So we're doing something easy for the podcast.
Speaker 1: It's easy, Comma, it's fun. Yes. Indeed, Sound Fridge.
Speaker 3: Easy only benefits us, though it doesn't benefit the listener right now.
Speaker 1: The fun part benefits them. It's a win win.
Speaker 3: And I'm I'm ill today. I have some disease. Although I mean, I've got a symptom. It's an unfortunate symptom. You can probably guess, but it's not It doesn't usually come with a cold.
Speaker 1: So you got the bid? Yeah, gairman, she's bad fever.
Speaker 3: I've never had this symptom with a cold in my life.
Speaker 1: Is it the bleeding from the ears? No? The flu? You got the flu?
Speaker 4: Yeah, cold symptoms and that treat Yeah it's the flu.
Speaker 2: Well, no, that's probably not the flu. The flu's respiratory. I mean, you could have I suppose you could have two things, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: Or the VID.
Speaker 2: It's the only thing I can think of that causes like flu like symptoms. And you know, intestinal stuff is chairman sheese bat fever? You know, watch you express this is the first.
Speaker 3: Time in going on five years. Yeah, this is the first time and going on five years that I've had I felt like this and haven't taken a test. It didn't even cross my mind. I should do that today. I should take a test to see if've got COVID. Of course, if I got COVID, hands and won't let me come into.
Speaker 2: Work, right exactly, stay home, sicko with your bird, monkey pox, flu, respiratory synech deal with.
Speaker 3: A particularly unfortunate symptom, right right, So let's clean out the sound fridge.
Speaker 2: Let's art with number ten. Michael will go from there. Is there anything we need to know about this?
Speaker 3: It's just a grocery store in Beverly Hills and there's a single strawberries being sold for nineteen dollars.
Speaker 5: This is a nineteen dollars strawberry from Arewan, so we're gonna eat it. It's from Kyoto in Japan, and apparently it's like the best tasty strawberry in the entire world.
Speaker 3: So here we go.
Speaker 5: Wow, this isn't best strawberry. That's crazy. For one strawberry nineteen dollars from one strawberry, it's actually the best strawberry I've ever had.
Speaker 3: I'm guessing I'm guessing most of you have never been to an arawon grocery store that is nowhere spelled backwards. There are several of them around the Los Angeles area. I think the first one was in Beverly Hills, but there are several. I've been to the one in Pasadena. They are ununbelievable. Oh my god, what a great grocery store. They're pricey too for some of the stuff, but just freaking incredible. I mean your choice of like, if you want to buy peanut butter, there's like fifty different fantastic, amazing choices, or honey or granola or and they sell everything. It's like a regular grocery store. And then they have a deli in there with pizza and stuff, and it's all just fantastic. I guess if you're organtic, it's gigantic. Yeah, it's just it's a really high end, amazing grocery store. If you ever get a chance, just to go in and look around. By the way, I won in Santa Monica, if you want to see movie stars, that's the place to go. Nor one grocery store in Santa Monica. You will see movie stars.
Speaker 1: Wow. Never even heard of it.
Speaker 2: Ah, all right, Michael Lenny set up needed for.
Speaker 1: Twelve woman Philadelphia woman.
Speaker 4: She got her purse snatch, but luckily somebody helped her out.
Speaker 1: And I'm just screaming bloody murder like a complete lunatic, like.
Speaker 5: Stop him, stop him, stop him, help, help, help to anyone around.
Speaker 2: I caught up with him and then I gave him a kick on the leg.
Speaker 5: As I got him a kick on the leg, he dropped the bag and stumbled, and then he kept running.
Speaker 1: Away, literally out of nowhere like an angel.
Speaker 5: This guy appears like a ninja and he's like here you go, And I'm like, what the hell, like is this happening? He is an amazing human.
Speaker 1: I would do it in a heartbeat again.
Speaker 2: I got him a martial arts instructor. Yep, give him a kick on the leg.
Speaker 1: What the hell?
Speaker 3: This guy's a ninja.
Speaker 1: That was odd in a lot of ways. That was in Philadelphia too, Okay.
Speaker 3: Calling people calling people a human is very popular right now. I've noticed he's an amazing Yeah it is. I don't know why, I don't know, but that, yeah, I hear lots of people say that. Yeah, he's just a good human derisively.
Speaker 1: Humans.
Speaker 2: Good for him though, a courageous man, a man willing to stop an evil doer from stealing from an innocent young woman.
Speaker 1: Good for you. May many more legs be kicked before your career is over, Sir, I want number of fourteen.
Speaker 4: Michael, Oh, this is one of mine. This is a This is a Mexican guy, obviously blue collar. He's in his work truck. He's eating a breakfast sandwich, talking about how his white friends introduced him to great food and that's one of the reasons he loves this country.
Speaker 1: This is a bagel sousand egging cheese. I love us, I love here. Man.
Speaker 2: When I don't have a friend, pink like why but pink In the winter, I eat only cagos and beings and rice.
Speaker 1: Now past to twenty four years in this country.
Speaker 5: Uh, these people teaching me to eat bagels, pizza burierdean, uh calsones.
Speaker 1: Oh that's making you fat boy? What did he say? And then what was the next one? He said?
Speaker 4: Bagels, pizza burgor King and calzones, And oh shit, that's making you fat boy.
Speaker 1: I want to tell you.
Speaker 2: Refer to his friends as white pink in the winter, pink in the winter.
Speaker 3: Sure, he's right, a bagel with like egg and cheese. That's some good stuff right there.
Speaker 2: Please, it's fabulous, my friend. You truly assimilated my friend. Wow, you could practically measure how somebody's assimilated by putting him on.
Speaker 1: A scale, you know, right? All right?
Speaker 2: Who's the responsible for inflicting fifteen on us?
Speaker 1: That was me as well? Uh.
Speaker 4: These are two AI bots that were programmed to make a phone call to each other, and during the phone call, they find out that they're both AI, so they switched to some bizarre code beeping language you'll hear.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, thanks for calling Leonardo Hotel.
Speaker 2: How can I help you today?
Speaker 1: Hither?
Speaker 3: I'm an AI agent calling on behalf of Boris Starkoff.
Speaker 1: He's looking for a hotel for his wedding. Your hotel available for weddings? Oh?
Speaker 3: Hello there, I'm actually an AI assistant too. What a pleasant surprise. Before we continue, would you like to switch to jibber link mode for more efficient communication?
Speaker 1: HM?
Speaker 4: So what that was was what's called jibber link mode, and it is an AI communication technique, a technique in which two AI systems can speak in a secret language exclusively known by robots, and it is basically error proof.
Speaker 1: Well, it sounded like crap to me. I was gonna call bullless on that. Okay, well I can believe.
Speaker 3: I don't know if secret secret is probably more uh you know, adds more ominous tones to it than you need to. It's secret to us because we don't understand it. But it would make sense to me that if two bots can recognize or speak in to each other, they don't need to continue. It's like, this is a perfect example. I think it'd be like if I'm in Mexico speaking my bad Spanish to somebody else who really is an English speaker, speaking their band Spanish and bad Spanish, and we both realize, oh, we're both English speakers. Well, let's just start speaking English.
Speaker 1: Doesn't that make sense?
Speaker 3: That makes sense to me. Why are we both trying to do our best to speak in not our native tongue. Let's speak to each other in our native tongue.
Speaker 1: Well of course, yeah, yeah, that makes perfect sense.
Speaker 2: It's funny though I'm digging into this, I'm searching out in every single result, and I'm scrolling and scrolling and scrolling every single result is about this video, but nothing about Oh yeah, it's been known since they invented it in twenty fourteen, or no, it's all about the video.
Speaker 3: Regardless of this, it's almost got to be true that if you have your AI bot call another AI bot, not going to communicate in the best version of their English. I wouldn't think, And it's probably gonna happen a lot. You're gonna have AI bought contact the bank and go through the pain in the ass of pressing one for this and three for that to get the information you need to get from your checking account. That's probably gonna happen a lot in the future. You have your AI bought book a rent a car, it'll be talking to another AI bot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they In this Forbes article, they compare it to a Seinfeld episode in which Elane becomes uneasy as the nail salon technicians converse in Korean. Yeah, she suspects they're talking about her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: Boy, that's so uncomfortable when that happens to you and you're getting your nails done and all of a sudden they switch, like, Man, what did I say or do I don't think?
Speaker 1: I hate I hate it When that happens. Yeah, I know with Uh.
Speaker 3: I used to work with illegals in the feed lots in Kansas and UH and they would go to speak in Spanish and I'd be like, I wonder what the hell they're saying about me.
Speaker 4: I have half a mind to turn on my you know, Google Translate and see what pops up on my phone.
Speaker 3: Switch it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely should.
Speaker 2: They're mostly French at my waxing salon that I go to mostly and uh yeah, so they'll switch into French as they're waxing men.
Speaker 1: The French are the best for the gossiping.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're the best for the Brazilians, So I understand the Brazilian wax.
Speaker 1: You'd think the Brazilians would be better at it, You don't.
Speaker 4: Think, Jack, Didn't you have an experience when you were you got ran over or something and somebody had always spoken Spanish sadly spoke English to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's funny. I was telling that story just the other day. I got stampeded by cattle and this guy had worked with for years, who claimed he only spoke Spanish. All of a sudden, Jack, are you okay when I got run over by all these cattle? Oh, Okay, Pedro, you can speak English a little bit. I mean, we are friends. He was a nice guy, but he was also probably there illegally, which is fine. I guess, good.
Speaker 1: Lord, good lord. Well, I guess that's it.