Speaker 1: Hey, what's up with Sweedy? Make sure you check me out on the Bootleg cap.
Speaker 2: Podcast Bhulet Caps Show Special guests here. She just dropped her new record, Nanny Nanny Sweety is here. Welcome, what's up? Good to see you.
Speaker 3: Nice to see you.
Speaker 2: So last time I saw you was backstage at Rolling Loud. It was like running and gunning, just jumping in people's faces with microphones. Have you fully recovered from the Niners losing in the Super Bowl? And you know, I just want to make sure you know, it's been some months now, Like I just want to see if like you're healed.
Speaker 3: Who's Sam?
Speaker 2: It doesn't even the Arizona Cardinals. You know what's great about super Bowl? Oh nine? But we've never won anything, but it's really good. Like if you if you root for shitty teams, I never have the heartbreak. I just know we're gonna suck, you know, damn. But you know, you know the Niners, like the Niners that give you blue balls every two years or so, like he shot, they're a really young team. But you had the song yeah, which was cool.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Pilo.
Speaker 2: Shouts to Pilo. How was like your experience having the Niner song this year during like that run and then like going to the Super Bowl in Vegas.
Speaker 3: You know, I was really really really happy for the moment.
Speaker 2: Right mm hmm for the moment yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's all about the moment, right right. At least we got there.
Speaker 2: At least you got there. Any any of the players from like the team, Like, have you bought like any any relationships friends on the team.
Speaker 1: Well, my uncle actually coaches for special teams, really, Matthew Harper?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Wow, yeah, So are your friends with the field goal kicker? No, the punter? Uh uh no, I got as. I don't know that's tight though. So you've been tapped in?
Speaker 3: Ben tapped in?
Speaker 2: Hey, no pun intended tap tap tap in anyway? Yo, you would recently said maybe, I don't know. It's like three or four months ago you hadn't put out a new body of work because you felt like people didn't care at the time, which I thought was something that was like very like honest for you to say that, because most artists wouldn't even be that transparent about like however they feel. You know, why do you think that that is the case? And yeah, like when are we going to get a project?
Speaker 1: I think that was a really misogynistic take on a statement that I made at a time in a magazine article that had came out.
Speaker 2: Those magazine articles are terrible because they just get oh.
Speaker 3: No, no, no no.
Speaker 1: Because in the magazine article, I said, the team around.
Speaker 2: Me, oh, so it was like, your team didn't give a.
Speaker 3: Fuck no because I was. I was a content girl. I was doing all these brand deals.
Speaker 1: However, like my content and the brand deals started to outweigh the music, and the music is the reason why I'm here. I never said that nobody cared about my music.
Speaker 2: But the quote went out there, and yes, it was very misconstrained, and I.
Speaker 1: Didn't clear it up because I didn't care to clean it up because I know that whoever was doing it intensionally, you know, had you know, a malicious intent, and you know, once the story breaks, it was like everywhere and I was like, I'm not trying to say I was just with a tweet.
Speaker 3: I know what's up my fans know what's up?
Speaker 2: Icy girls out there?
Speaker 3: Boys?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you had a I mean listen, I had your McDonald's meal solid. Uh you know, do you get like when you get that McDonald's brand deal, do you get like some sort of like during negotiations, like I want to be able to go to McDonald's anytime and just get what I want.
Speaker 1: Like, I mean, it don't really cost that much, so I wasn't really tripping, I.
Speaker 2: Know, but like it's still you know, I feel like they have these When I did radio in Florida and they gave us this orange car at Hooters. So when we go to Hooters forever, we just put the car down you get half off. Yeah. I was just like to be cool with McDonald's, like you go in there and just get two cheeseburgers free, no matter what.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, I didn't think about that.
Speaker 2: No. Yeah, sweety meal was popping on.
Speaker 3: How many sweety meals? Did you mean?
Speaker 2: I think I had one?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: He said it was popping like he was ordering.
Speaker 2: My kid and my wife got a few.
Speaker 3: I'm not you do save anything like the Sweetie sauce.
Speaker 2: No, no't save any no, but I you know, I don't want to fuck up the dad bod anymore. By you know, McDonald's is cool. Thank you well. Me and Brandon appreciate that.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say the bodies of work this new single. I think it's a great song, by the way.
Speaker 3: Thank you. It's like trending. It's number three or four on YouTube right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's dope. You've been putting out a lot of singles, but uh, when is the time for you to give us a new body of work.
Speaker 3: The body of work is done, so it is done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we're picking out the next singles and you know, just based on the algorithm, the environment and how like the frequency of everything is, we'll decide when we're gonna.
Speaker 3: Drop this album.
Speaker 2: You got some big features.
Speaker 3: I haven't got my features yet none.
Speaker 1: To be honest, some of my biggest songs are myself, I.
Speaker 2: Would say your most iconic songs for sure.
Speaker 1: When I listen to my music sometimes I just want to hear my types.
Speaker 2: You tap in was I mean, the remix is fucking fire, by the way, the remix thank.
Speaker 1: You, and that was a really big remix. But you know, I am open to sharing my craft this time around.
Speaker 2: I think like a best friend was a moment when Yeah, that was like a real moment. Yeah, and that was like I feel like that was kind of like the kind of helped like turn the corner for her in terms of being like that was like a big hit for her, you know what I'm saying early, you know, and for me too, and for you for sure talk to me about just it. You know, you said that you and your team or your team was focused on more on the brand deals and stuff. For you, like you're already super successful, you're a superstar. What like do you use to motivate you to you know, stay creative and make sure that you're sharp and always you know, putting in the work on the music side. Because I'm assuming, like I know, like I get unmotivated sometimes I'm like, man, I'm doing better. I don't got to chase interviews like I used to, you know, And was that ever something that you went through and if not, like, how do you stay motivated to get in the stewing?
Speaker 1: I think what's motivating me right now is just my ambition. And I feel like because there's like there was like a lot of naysayers.
Speaker 3: When I chose to take a break.
Speaker 1: Because I chose to take a break, it wasn't like a oh SWEETI fell off or Suweeti's doing this or doing that. However, that was the perception because I had taken a break.
Speaker 3: So I think I'm in a point.
Speaker 1: In my career where I'm really just like proving myself right now, Like it had got back to me. That's someone I used to like work with, was like, oh, she's going down and I'm like, well, all right, bitch, if I go down, the only way I can goes up.
Speaker 3: From here, now, ain't that right?
Speaker 1: So I was like, I feel like I'm working my way back up right now, and that's what's driving me.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, like, so for you, you could take that negative shit that you hear and use it as like it's almost like what Michael Jordan used to do. Yeah, he would like, see what somebody sent a newspaper and then yeah, used it to go put fifty on them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's that kind of stuff motivates me because I was an athlete growing up. So it's like it only helps me when of the shit gets back to me.
Speaker 2: Right and it ain't like you. I mean, you put out some successful.
Speaker 1: Records, yeah, but you know how people like to when you aren't as because I had taken a break, I wasn't so.
Speaker 3: I wasn't in the public eye a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you weren't like doing it because that is true. When people like step away, they think because if I don't see somebody on Academics or Hollywood Unlocked, they fell off or they went away or something, and it's like, well, maybe I'm just relaxing, you know, maybe I just needed to unplugged.
Speaker 3: I was regretting, I was perfecting my craft.
Speaker 1: I was doing all of these things to make me a better artist because I felt like at a point in time, my content was overpowering my music. But I've always like, I really loved music and that's why I'm here.
Speaker 3: So I didn't want to become like an influencer.
Speaker 2: Right, you still have your Uh? You had it? Was it a brand deal with Pretty Little Thing or was.
Speaker 3: It restrashing over the POC? Was it was like a really long time ago shout out to them.
Speaker 1: They had gave me my first deal, like around one of my first brand deals, I think, like after Icy Girl, PREMI type.
Speaker 3: And then you had was it makeup mac Makeup?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay, okay, you got a lot of shit. What are you like? Your entrepreneur side is pretty crazy as well, Like is there anything else outside of music that you're working on behind the scenes.
Speaker 3: Or I am working on two beauty products.
Speaker 2: What are the beauty products.
Speaker 3: I'd like to get them in motion before I start speaking about it.
Speaker 2: You know, I think, what because you have baby hairs? Yeah, I think some some some like there needs to be a celebrity baby hair brush. My wife, she got baby hair. She always use a fucking toothbrush.
Speaker 3: That's what I'd be using.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, but like, what if there was a sweety baby hair brush.
Speaker 1: You know, if I had a sweety baby hair brush, it would be like the Clgate brush, because I feel like Clgate.
Speaker 3: The things are smoother, the bristles.
Speaker 1: I feel like they're better than the beauty supply store baby hair brushes.
Speaker 2: Oh, they actually make baby hair brushes.
Speaker 3: I just don't like brushes. They're super hard. I'd rather use like a regular tube brush.
Speaker 2: Right. I saw you backstage when Sexy Red was performing at Rolling Loud. You guys had a moment back when she got off stage, which I thought was dope because I think so much like when we see like somebody who's like hot and knew you know, we've seen instances where some of the you know more og and you're kind of an OG. Now. I don't want to age you, but sure you know you're you're approaching there seven years now.
Speaker 1: Right since six six seven six seven.
Speaker 2: I think seven.
Speaker 3: What's twenty seventeen, twenty seventeen.
Speaker 2: When the freestyle drop anyway, either one. But I was gonna say it was dope to see you embrace her and just like watch the show, Like I was thinking you were gonna come out, but you were just enjoying the show and then like gave you gave.
Speaker 3: Her probably like good music.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, But I was gonna say, why is that like like important to you? And what was about Sexy Red that you fucked with? Like, because I just think she's just hilarious, Like I think she's unapologetically herself at all times.
Speaker 1: I just like good music, and I feel like that's what she I had got to my I had got to rolling out earlier because I was supposed to. Well, I did come out later on that night, but I just wanted to see like the music live because I love live music as.
Speaker 3: Well, and I thought it was cool, like to like meet him.
Speaker 2: What do you think You're a West coast check? Obviously you went to USC from sac. How we feeling? Uh was Kendrick's performance? Are we proud? Oh?
Speaker 3: My gosh, Yeah, that was that was very shocking.
Speaker 2: You're shocked that it was as lopsided as it was.
Speaker 3: I think I was more so.
Speaker 1: I was more so impressed with the banger that came out with it, because not only is it a banger, but he's preaching right Like He's like, it's not just like just fun bars. It's like, no, he's preaching. I literally I went to like Rap Genius and I read everything because I was like, I'm not missing nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was funny because everybody was like, yeah, but you know, all these Kendrick songs he's dropping, they're like super like artsy and you can't bump them. And then he puts out the number one fucking song on the planet and it's just a Jesus.
Speaker 1: I love seeing what people say you can't do and then you do it, and then when you do it, it's something that like nobody ever even fathom.
Speaker 3: So I think it was dope.
Speaker 2: Any producers you're working with on the new album that are notable, we.
Speaker 1: Could I'm working with Jay White, I'm working with John Baptiste.
Speaker 3: John Baptiste just st now me.
Speaker 2: Oh nice is I feel like I've heard that name a lot John Baptiste. He's done a lot of shit, right, Yeah, that's a great name, John Baptiste. I feel like he should be a country singer with that name.
Speaker 3: I think as an artist with.
Speaker 2: That name, there might be Maybe that's what I'm thinking of. Are there two John Baptists in the world. Shit, that's crazy. Il Like, if there's two sweety's spelling, you'd be like, what, there's only one?
Speaker 3: Anyway, I'd like to see.
Speaker 2: Sound wise, how's the new music that isn't out yet? Like, what's it sounding like?
Speaker 1: I think it's just music that you really have to listen to, Like, I can't really describe the sound. I think it just sounds like sweetie. Like my goal was to get to a point in my career where you're able to play a beat and then someone feels like that's a sweety beat.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's what I've been searching for this whole time.
Speaker 2: That's dope. You had put out your mixtape. Was it like three years ago? What was the tape called that you had Draco on?
Speaker 1: Oh, pretty summer playlist. I was like three years ago, huh.
Speaker 2: But you it was dope because Draco was like fresh out and you know, I think Draco's one of the most influential artist period, especially if you listen to anything that's come out of LA the last six years, seven years. But I thought it was dope, like almost like immediately when he got out, like you guys work together. You know, obviously rest in peace to him, but like, like, what were you a fan of Draco like when he was doing his thing, you know, because he's he's a West Coast legend for sure. You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at that point in my career, I really just wanted to collaborate with the whole bunch of California artists, and he was one of them. I was listening to like some of his music, and I actually wanted that to be an annual thing, but I'm like, what two or three summers behind because I've been focusing on other things.
Speaker 2: But yeah, because I didn't even look at that as like an album of yours. I looked at it as kind of like you were putting on like younger like it was.
Speaker 1: It was a mix up, and I was just showing love to like artists that were coming up, right because I felt like, you make some of your best music in the come up era.
Speaker 3: So I just wanted to like touch bases with those people.
Speaker 2: For sure. For sure. Anything while you were taking a break and kind of staying out of the spotlight. Any new hobbies you picked up, Any new TV shows you got into.
Speaker 3: M I watched.
Speaker 2: Griselda shout out to uh, Grisela Blanco. It's a great show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they minimized her story to like six seven episodes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a head. Did you watch Cocaine Cowboys, the two documentaries. Yeah, yeah, so it's like.
Speaker 3: But I don't think they did her story justice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you watch, like I used to sell Cocaine Cowboys or the Swaping back in the day bootlegged of course on the DVD. But yeah, it was very like it was just like you know, I feel like with Netflix, like when they cram like a miniseries together, they can't cover everything. But it was fire a shot to her man. What's her name? From a modern family?
Speaker 1: She's hot, Sophia Vigara, She's a legend, super beautiful.
Speaker 2: Super beautiful. So you're watching Griselda. You have you ever play video games?
Speaker 3: I played Crash Bandy Group and Super Mario.
Speaker 2: So you have just a like OG PlayStation on hand. What are you playing?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, no, I really want to get one of them old the Nintendo.
Speaker 2: Oh, let me show you something.
Speaker 3: You have one?
Speaker 2: So I have an Android and an.
Speaker 3: iPhone, so it's on the Android.
Speaker 2: Let me show you so on my Android, I have this thing called hold on this I hear it is the type of Gangway advance. So I can play I can play any game.
Speaker 3: Are you serious?
Speaker 2: I got Super Mario Brothers three on here?
Speaker 3: What app is this?
Speaker 2: It's called look I just put uh, I just loved it, Zelda. It's called pizza Hold on pizza, Pizza boy, gba pro. It's really why I keep an Android?
Speaker 3: Could you get me a throat, a throat, cough drop please, it.
Speaker 2: Needs a throat, lozenge, a throat, a throat. Lotenger, Yeah, shout out to the Lotengers out there.
Speaker 3: So what made you move into this this place?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean you went to my old place. My old place was fucking trapped out. It was like on the corner we had homeless guys like fucking trying to break in all the time.
Speaker 3: Really, oh yeah, trying to break it? Really? Were they were they ever successful? Ish? What you mean?
Speaker 2: They kind of? They didn't get all the way in and then we have like dude shipping like yo. I remember Tank walked up one time and there was a guy smoking fentanyl outside of our fucking studio, like Tank the R and B singer, and I was like, bro, I'm sorry, but yeah, so you know, we we we upgraded. We got the two buildings. I got a bunch of studios in.
Speaker 3: The front studios. Yeah, yeah, that's what's up yet, Yes, I do. What's it called in.
Speaker 2: Ready set the label? I got one artist named Alexis. He's very challenged. Okay, He's a chubby, chatted up Mexican post malone. That's what I would like to describe it.
Speaker 3: He's from Phoenix, from Phoenix, how do you find him?
Speaker 2: I'm from Phoenix and he was making some noise out there and then we uh, you know, made it happen. And now he's been in LA for like four years now, three years. Shout out to Alexis, very bisexual name. I'd like to point out they can go either way, that name Alexis go either way. He's a man named Alexis. Just got to zerom make sure that's clear. Anyway. Talk to me about do you, like, were you affected by all of the music getting pulled off of TikTok Okay. That's great because I always wonder because like your music is very tiktokable, Like you've had so many moments where like songs have gone crazy online and it's so crazy that for a while, like you couldn't even like put a Drake song on like a fucking.
Speaker 3: TikTok or like oh no, I wasn't affecting.
Speaker 2: That's that Warner shit. Different umbrella, Different umbrella. Yeah. Is there anybody who you're a fan of, because I feel like you always kind of have your ear to the street. Anybody from the West Coast that you're just checking out, or anybody just in general that you're just like a fan of that you've just been kind of like from the West Coast, could be from the West Coast particularly, but anywhere for that Like you know, for that matter, there's some new artists that you're checking out.
Speaker 3: Well, I know Stunner Girls on the Rise.
Speaker 2: I like her a lout stunner a girl. Yeah, she's popping for sure. She was on a TV show right m Yeah, see, I don't even know how to watch those shows.
Speaker 3: What do you mean? Don't know how to watch them? Shows.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I just know I think I'm no. We almost booked her at my club, but we didn't. Zeus m h, do you have the Zeus app on your phone?
Speaker 1: No, I'm listening with the like kind of music I'll be listening to. Oh I just went to the studio with.
Speaker 3: Oh shout to o g Z.
Speaker 2: Yeah he's got uh, he's he He's oh gz's fire Shortlane. Mafi's back together, by the way. Shout out to him and Phoenix Flexen. So what you guys worked on some music? What was that like?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like his last project that he put out.
Speaker 2: And he did the geek Aleak, which was sampling the same song you did for My Type. So when you were like at the club, you would hear like geek Aleak of my Type back to back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this was the moment.
Speaker 2: It was definitely a moment for sure. So is it a banger? Like a club banger you guys worked on?
Speaker 1: Did we cut like three different songs and we're trying to figure out like they're both like loosely cut and whatever a song we go with, we both got to like finish some parts on the song. I want to do something like fun for the summer though.
Speaker 2: I like that. Oh yeah, any idea when? Uh, first of all, how many how much music are you sitting on?
Speaker 3: Too much? Music?
Speaker 2: Like thirty songs?
Speaker 1: Like three hundred, three hundred songs. I'm telling I really locked in. I didn't like take a break and like, I don't know, be a lazy bitch. I was in the studio every day.
Speaker 2: And at the super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, Why do you keep bringing up the super Bowl?
Speaker 2: Because I hate the nineties.
Speaker 3: When was the last time you've been I've.
Speaker 2: Never been to the super Bowl. Oh never.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'll bring you next year.
Speaker 2: You know what, if you invite me, I'll come. But if someone just gave me tickets, I'm selling them.
Speaker 3: What girlet have for show? Selling them tickets?
Speaker 2: Bro, bro, unless the Cardinals are playing. If I if someone said, hey, I got you two tickes a super Bowl, go send them over. Man, I'm putting them bitches on fucking seat geek right away, I'm flipping them. I told my boy yesterday, I was telling me peop were paying one hundred two hundred thousand for the cyber truck. I said, don't let tell me that, because I'll that bitch right now that's crazy. Yeah, I hit a lick on my cyber truck quick. I don't need a fucking cyber truck. Take it.
Speaker 3: How long have you had this podcast?
Speaker 2: For the podcast? Since twenty twenty and you know, obviously we've been doing the radio show for fucking.
Speaker 3: I met you at the radio.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, so I'm still on. I still do nights at Real ninety two three, but I just don't work for them, Okay Moran and like eighty markets. So this interview is going to be on all over.
Speaker 3: The country, all over the country.
Speaker 2: Everywhere, Miami, La, Phoenix, Vegas.
Speaker 3: No, that's right, So that's a Calido.
Speaker 2: Not the Bay yet?
Speaker 3: Why not the Bay?
Speaker 2: Just we gotta get on. I'm trying to make but close Modestodesta merced mercead what else is up there?
Speaker 3: Stockton lod I.
Speaker 2: About to be on in Sack.
Speaker 3: He'll grown Thomas.
Speaker 2: DJ complexing to put me on the motherfucker you know what I'm saying. Shot at him? Yo? What was it was? I know you and Mazzi worked together on just put It in My Face, which was a great song that I feel like fucking his label fucked off because he was going to jails today. Don't work it, and they should have worked it anyway. I say out to say you and Masa got any and really shit together, because obviously you guys are both from.
Speaker 3: The same area.
Speaker 1: No, but I would love to get into the studio and am I'll be working with someone on his team.
Speaker 3: We're just waiting for the right record.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, nice, that's what's up last time? Do you you? Did you notice how viral ar real went about me asking you about wiping put your nails? No, that shit went crazy?
Speaker 3: Really what happened?
Speaker 2: Just I asked you how you wipe because your nails are complicated?
Speaker 3: Uh huh?
Speaker 2: And that should went up on YouTube shorts like three million views or something.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, Yeah, I have.
Speaker 2: People hit me all the time, like, bro, I can't believe you aske sweetie how she wipes her ass. I'm like, have you seen her nails? What do you tell him it's a valid question. I'm curious what did you tell him that said it's just a real question. And these nails are even crazier, like it's a lot. It's like the the fucking infinity stones that Danos had on every nail. Remember those Gucci suits that came out.
Speaker 3: Oh, my gosh, yeah, I remember.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what like when you go to the nail salon, they got to have like some trinkets. They got to bring out like a cart with some ship and be like what you want on there?
Speaker 3: Like, we don't go to them, they come to me.
Speaker 2: Oh, they come to you. So what like how often do you do your like nails or get to fill? Because this is.
Speaker 1: Well, my no, lady is really good. If I'm not busy, I can get I can keep my nails down for like a month. But if I'm busy, they can change probably like two to three times a month.
Speaker 2: Because you got to get a fill, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, every two weeks.
Speaker 2: Every two weeks. Are these like the jail ones?
Speaker 3: They're at crylic acrylic?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And then do the feet always match the because I can't imagine you could put shoes on if you have stones like that on your toes.
Speaker 3: I do have stones on my toes.
Speaker 2: No socks though, because it'll tear.
Speaker 3: No, they're durable. Some socks.
Speaker 2: What kind of sucks do you have?
Speaker 3: I don't know. Some regular socks.
Speaker 2: I don't know. They gotta be some non rippable socks, because my.
Speaker 3: Socks were terror kind of socks he'll be wearing.
Speaker 2: Odd socks by the way, shout out to odd Socks.
Speaker 1: Oh, he was just trying to set himself up so he can say that, No, I'm just a radio person and.
Speaker 2: Go ahead anyway. Yeah, I was gonna ask you, how is it for you dealing with you are a paparazzi target now, Like, I feel like at any given time I open my phone and see you just like on vacation or you know, people putting on narratives into the world. Is that hard to deal with where you don't even know if like you could exist without knowing that there's some fucking weirdo with a giant lens like up the block and hidden in an escalade taking pictures of you, Like what is that like dealing with?
Speaker 1: Honestly, I feel like it comes with the territory, But in the beginning of my career it would like bother me a lot, especially when like the flashes come out of.
Speaker 2: Nowhere out on you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, questions like sweet, my gosh, the cameras is the craziest when it's like pitch black and all you see is a bright light going front of your face.
Speaker 2: Do you like know any of the paparazzi to where at least they're like respectful, like, hey, I know you you're cool, like anybody or anything.
Speaker 1: Where you're like, honestly, there have been some cool paparazzi who like kept it to a minimum.
Speaker 2: Is just like they're respectful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're very respectful.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. I can only imagine like if you're having a bad day and someone just jumps out on you like hey, sweetie, what do you think about what's going on in Palestine? And you're like what, I just I just had any out burger, bro, Like just yeah, I just that's a certain level of fame I do not aspire to have.
Speaker 3: So really, you don't want your podcasts to get that big.
Speaker 2: No, I'm comfortable where I'm making a lot of money right now and it's cool. I don't have people jumping out on even no cameras, so.
Speaker 3: Much money you're making.
Speaker 2: I'm very very Uh my endeavors in entertainment has treated me very well.
Speaker 3: Really, Yes, what's like your goal?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I just keep like, you know, we just bought the pizza shop. I just bought I bought a clothes It's.
Speaker 3: Actually really got to the pizza sho. Yeah. Yeah, but it's called what up though, it's called.
Speaker 2: What uh what up doing? Bank? Yeah? You know, like last year I bought a club in Scottsdale which is doing really really well. What's it called eleven eleven? I was there last night.
Speaker 3: Okay, and you flew back or you drove back? I drove How was that?
Speaker 2: I mean I drive all the time, but I drove in the cyber truck for the first time. That just sucks.
Speaker 1: Oh that's your cyber truck. Yeah, you are getting set a bag. I mean it's one hundred grand I know, that's right, Like it's a fucking g wagon you just got mine.
Speaker 2: It's a tax ride off anything over six thousand pounds. If you have a business, you could write it off fully. So that is a tax ride off. Outside. I'd rather buy a car than give it to the fucking irs, that's true. Are you on top of your finances? Like, do you have like a good accountant so you don't like end up on like you know, true life. I got ripped off by my account.
Speaker 1: Every Friday, every Friday, Yes, so every she just called me.
Speaker 2: Actually, so will she tell you, hey, you're spending a little too much or Hey, there's an investment opportunity.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I work so much that I can't spend too much anyways. Like all of my expenses are primarily business expenses.
Speaker 2: Oh nice, So you're like, yo, this is a tax right off?
Speaker 3: Ya?
Speaker 2: Do you have like a brand in this robust Dad bought over here. He put me onto the credit card game where you like get an amex.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, my ax points?
Speaker 2: Crazyright crazy people don't know if, like you, credit cards you think are a bad thing. They are a bad thing if you spend beyond your means. Yeah, but if you pay it off the zero every month, you just get free.
Speaker 3: Shit.
Speaker 2: How many ax points do you have? A lot, like over a million?
Speaker 3: It's treating me.
Speaker 2: Well, I got like four hundred thousand right now, Okay, I gotta go on vacation this summer. I did like a cool little like free five rooms in Hawaii. That's right, you know, but those points are booming over a million?
Speaker 3: No, it's nice.
Speaker 2: Wow, Which color do you got? Which as you got? You got the black cart platinum? He's the black one, isn't it? She got that black card? It's only right?
Speaker 3: What kind you got?
Speaker 2: I got the business platinum? Personal platinum and in the gold for what's the gold one? Good for food, food and gas. Yeah, I need to get the I need to get the fucking marry Out Bomboy one. That's the one. I gotta get. His little hobby's fucking golf. Nobody likes golf. I went to golf with this fucking guy. Was terrible. I pissed everywhere. I got drunk. I was smoking weed. He told me I could pee, so I like pissing, and then I look over into someone's backyard. I'm like pissing on like while like all these people. It was terrible. It was in San Diego for his bachelor weekend. They don't ever fucking go golfing. That shit sucks. Have you ever gone golfing?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Did you? You didn't like it?
Speaker 3: I have fun?
Speaker 2: Would you? What was it? Top golf?
Speaker 3: And well, yeah, top golf is fun.
Speaker 2: Golfs fun. But that's like a video game. You go out on a golf course. It's fucking eighteen holes with like a bunch of fucking dudes and they're smoking cigars and like it's hot, and it smells like fucking.
Speaker 3: It sounds like a personal experience, smells.
Speaker 2: Like a lawnmower everywhere. Like I hurt my hand. I hit the floor so hard. I like swung the I swung the fucking club and like I just took a chunk of fucking.
Speaker 3: Lawnch What sports do you like to play?
Speaker 2: I like to play basketball.
Speaker 3: Basketball? Yeah, what position?
Speaker 2: Back in the day, I was a power forward, but now I'm just in my backyard the horse champion against my kids.
Speaker 1: You should get one a basketball I'm going I think so, And that should be a segment where I play We're.
Speaker 2: Playing horse with rappers out in the back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's heat. Spice it up.
Speaker 2: Fucking content executive producer, Sweetie, Ladies and gentlemen. Would you ever ride any TV? Or like do anymore?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: I feel like you should be in fucking movies and shit, I.
Speaker 1: Want to start writing TV shows, like a sitcom or not sitcoms, just like stories that I feel like aren't being told.
Speaker 2: What's the story that you feel like needs to be told?
Speaker 3: I feel like.
Speaker 1: LA has has put me in a lot of interesting experiences, like, for example, like I want to to San Diego State, right San Diego. Yeah, so it's like as a pure college town, there's no distractions when I came out here. It's like I'm at usc I'm in the middle of La Hollywood. There's the entertainment industry, and it was the craziest blend of worlds, you know, I was living in La We get desensitized to like the celebrity for sure, and like we just it just it becomes so regular. But I think it'd be dope to just hear, to just see like a story of like a of a college student in the lit city and whatever their storyline is, their storyline. But I feel like it's always the same group of people in the same environment with the same storyline.
Speaker 2: For sure. It's always like I feel like any show you watch it is very like you said, the storyline is very similar. That'd be dope. Like maybe somebody from like fucking Jackson, Mississippi gets a scholarship to like UCLA and now there they moved to the big city and they're like what the fuck and they end up like do you ever watch Dave Dave no with a Little Dickey show?
Speaker 3: Is it good?
Speaker 2: It's very funny, It's pretty good. You know whyche isn't it good? Good appearance? Heart?
Speaker 3: He's a great actor.
Speaker 2: Great is a word ain't that your fun very much? So he was in a movie called White Tea back in the day.
Speaker 3: White Tea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was about a white tea and it was straight to DVD.
Speaker 3: Really did you watch it?
Speaker 2: Actually? Did?
Speaker 3: He was showing them cities.
Speaker 2: No though. This was like twenty ten, I think, and I remember you told me about it and I saw it at the liquor store and I was like, this is a real movie. He wasn't lying. Yeah, everyone go watch White t somewhere. It's probably on to me, not to me. Was called to be, to be probably on Tob for sure.
Speaker 3: Show Do you watch Toby sometimes?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Tooby's interesting. I want to I feel like just doing a Toob movie would be fun. Shoot the whole thing on an iPhone.
Speaker 3: What would a movie be about?
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know. Zombie prostitutes?
Speaker 3: What's good? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Okay, so the gift that keeps giving? Wait? So what?
Speaker 2: And so there's like, tis no, I got the idea. I'm freestelling right now. So we got a prostitute who's zombie, but she doesn't know she's zombie yet. So she's spreading the zombie virus to all of her clients. So everyone that she fucks becomes a fucking zombie and she realizes she's a zombie. And by the time she realizes that, she's like, there's just like all these married dudes that fucked her off a figure rolla and then they're they're going home to their face and then they're spreading the zombie virus to their family and it's all the sources. This prostitute who was a zombie from.
Speaker 3: Fig Oh my gosh, to.
Speaker 2: Be Smash, that's going to be Platinum's she's a mute and mute. Oh I was like she can't talk.
Speaker 3: Wow, I'm crazy. It could work, oh I like that ebout a people, or we.
Speaker 2: Could also do this. We could do like do you remember there was like what was that that ship where if you watched it like you would die like a go sip. No, there was like some sort of how about this, how about the ring version of Only Fans? Right? So, like, you subscribe to this only Fans account, right because it's on Twitter, it's going super viral. But what you don't know is that this bitch on Only Fans is cursed and everyone who subscribes and watches her content.
Speaker 3: You're he like a freaky freaking.
Speaker 2: Through the fucking laptop and kill them what And then there's just like there's just like this this epidemic of like dudes who are who are murdered while they're jerky.
Speaker 3: That's this genre. It's like a freaky a freaky whrror.
Speaker 2: Just imagine there's like, oh my god, lady, there's there's a mysterious epidemic of men being murdered while they have their dick in their hand in their computer, and no one knows who's doing it, but it's the girl. She's climbing through the fucking screen. Wow, Tooby bruh, I think we're going platinum on.
Speaker 3: Tob It's on sube. How is she crawling out the screen?
Speaker 2: No, No, it's it's in the movie. In the movie We're gonna, We're gonna. Yeah, I'm in let's do this, Let's do this. That's only friends. Man. You know, you can learn a lot of good things on there. You can learn how to cook and stuff. Yeah, golf swings.
Speaker 3: Subscription subscription look like any you don't you just know what's on there. Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, there's ways to get all that stuff for free.
Speaker 3: I forgured you know ble.
Speaker 2: Reddit, Yeah, shout to the reddit. I have a friend who sells pirated content on only fans on Reddit from only fans, it's kind of fucked up. He's still in he's still in this. Uh, he's stealing money from these creators. You know you got a cool friend group shout out to Cyrus. Okay, anyway, anything else you got coming up? Obviously the song's out going crazy on You said it's training on YouTube right now? Congratulations.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's let's see if it went up.
Speaker 2: Hopefully an album's coming tone Uh huh.
Speaker 3: I see, let's see what they talk about. Let's see what they're talking about. Okay, we're still out.
Speaker 2: For number four is big? Yeah. How much input do you have on music videos?
Speaker 1: Are you like all the implus super I'm very hands on, Yeah, but I do like to bring in. One thing I will say is our love learning from other directors. I like to work with directors who I feel like would bring not only bring my vision to life, but like give me something else.
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah, I feel like the music video is becoming like a lost art. Everybody's just shooting like these, like your two thousand dollars World Star videos. But then when a good video comes out you're like, oh shit, they give a fuck, and then you know, yeah, like for you, like do you are you super on top of your budgets and shit with the label?
Speaker 3: I mean, I have to be. It's my budget.
Speaker 2: You know. Most people they don't give a fuck. They turn into album, they get their advance, and they just look the other way on everything. So then they end up spending like three hundred grand on a video that you know, probably they could have got done for like twenty. Well.
Speaker 1: I like to know where all the money is going, because if I don't need something on set, then I almost subtract It's I could put that money somewhere else.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Oh so you're fucking you're on it. That's super legit. I like that sweetish. She ain't playing around. Man, y'all need artists need to take notes anything you any advice you would give to upcoming artists who maybe are thinking about signing or just sign like stuff to look out for.
Speaker 1: I would just stay independent as long as possible, like, really understand what you're signing. I wish I knew more about like the independent route, but I don't. But I think that we're at a time where we're curating and where we have a direct of consumer contact with our fans. And I think that if someone is properly set up, they could kind of just be signed to themselves because instead of having to like go through all these the red.
Speaker 2: Tape, you just kind of give it straight to your.
Speaker 1: Fans, giving it straight to your fans. And I feel like that's what the newer generation is doing anyways.
Speaker 2: And then and then your fans will tell you. Like I always say, like that's the best way to go. Is like people get super discouraged if they put a song out and it doesn't do what they think it should do, and then they overthink it and then they take too long to drop. It's like, no, just put another shot up and then put another shot up and then put another shot up. Oh.
Speaker 1: And then also I would recommend if you do decide to sign to a label, I would say to really figure out your brand, like your aesthetic, your brand, your public messaging, because I just feel like there's a lack of artist development these days, so it's really good to just you know, wag out a little longer, really figure out who you're trying to, like put yourself out there and be. And then if you decide to, you know, go to a record label. You can tell them who you are instead of them trying to tell you.
Speaker 2: What was the like origin of you kind of doing the icy girl thing and like saying, okay, I got my fan base, and this was like did they name themselves?
Speaker 1: Honestly, they name themselves. I've always had my esthetic. I've even when I was broke, I had the rich bitch esthetic. You know, I'm always make some shit look good. But when Icy Girl and Viral, my fans started calling themselves icy girls and icy boys. So fortunately for me, when I had went to get my record label deal, I had already had a brand.
Speaker 3: I had already had you know, sthetic.
Speaker 2: You already had your kind of yea, yeah, because.
Speaker 1: What sometimes like it's so unfortunate to see what these baby artists who have that like viral, that viral song, those sign but then no one knows what to do with them. So then you see like a carbon copy get get made men and women. So it's just always good to know yourself.
Speaker 2: Can straight men be icy boys?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? You know where I got icy from? Where Gucci Maine?
Speaker 1: Of course, I mean, because it's not so I say, like that's one of my most favorite songs, like Ever.
Speaker 2: And the Shout to GEZ that was like one of j Z's early like solo moments.
Speaker 3: And my uncle used to sing with them.
Speaker 2: Your uncle used to sing with g Z and main really like a rapper.
Speaker 3: No sing R and B?
Speaker 2: That's tight? Yeah, so you got the music in the fan?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Tight? Do you listen to? You think you listen to more R and B or hip hop and you're a spare time.
Speaker 3: It really just depends on my vibe. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was just listening to a bunch of one twelve on my road trip. I was like, fuck, man, I'm his R and B groups. There's no more groups.
Speaker 1: You think America will ever get back to ever having groups? I feel like all the groups right now are all international groups for sure.
Speaker 2: I feel like, yeah, the K pop.
Speaker 3: A European.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, all those K pop kids unfortunately are signed up terrible deals. But I don't know. I think that there's the music industry. I think it's hard to ask, like someone to split the bread four ways. You know what I'm saying. It's like, and I feel like most groups, if we go back and think about all the groups, there always was like the standout dude in the group. So it was like, I feel like those guys are just going solo from the rip now, like back in the day you had like Cisco and Drew Hill, or you had Slim in one twelve where you had the Twins and Jagged Edge where you had Deonce Kelly Well shots best shot fire, But I just I don't know. It's tough.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Like Wu Tang Klan had nine members. They had to spend all their money nine ways. Can you imagine you get in advance and it's broken up nine ways? Then you gotta pay management. Fuck a group. But I miss R and B groups.
Speaker 3: So if you were to be would you be a rapper or R and B artist?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't have the ability to do either.
Speaker 3: But it like you know, in a fantasy world.
Speaker 2: In a fantasy world, I'd be like in like in sync a Zinc, I'd be like, I mean, I feel like I wouldn't fit in an R and B group. They'd be like, who's this white dude in the R and B. I'd be like, I don't want to be the white the white dude, because this is the thing. If you're a white guy in an R and B group, they're gonna look at you as like, oh, that's the white guy from so and so.
Speaker 3: Right right, I'd rather just be you.
Speaker 2: Know, the guy from in sync. Oh that's that's uh. You know, No, I didn't. You just made me think about it, okay, or like ninety eight degrees or back I mean the Backstreet Boys guys shots of them, man, I see that dude AJ everywhere. What about you? If you had to be in a group.
Speaker 1: In a group, rap group, I'd be in an R and B group, R and B group.
Speaker 2: Are you obviously or a rapper? But do you like do you work a lot on singing as well?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I have a record coming out where I'm singing on the course and every time I play it for people, they think that it's like a feature.
Speaker 3: They're like, who's on the hook, and I'm like, it's me.
Speaker 2: Did you have to work on that? Yes, vocal lessons and stuff.
Speaker 1: I always say repetition in the studio, So yeah, I've been like vocal lessons.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Was it hard for you to let people hear that?
Speaker 3: Because I know because I was excited.
Speaker 2: Were you like this is hard?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Because I work my ass off to hit the notes.
Speaker 2: So that's coming to Yeah and no features done fear new music yet, I am are you sure about that? All right? Would you do a collab project with anybody? Oh?
Speaker 3: I would love to do that with who I have to think about it.
Speaker 2: You know the guy you did Birthday with. That'd be a tight album.
Speaker 3: If you if you guys did one for the West Side.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for the West Coast.
Speaker 3: I think the West Coast should do a compilation album period.
Speaker 2: I mean you kind of did that kind of.
Speaker 3: With pretty summer playlists.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, you are like the West, the queen of the West Coast.
Speaker 1: I feel like I got to do like way more, way more stuff though.
Speaker 2: No I know, I know, but I'm saying, like, you know, I feel like you claim the West. I know, Doja Cats from from the Valley and she's obviously murdering it, but I feel like you like bang that ship. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Like I have like two super like young parents who were into the hip hop scene, so like all they would play is like Tupac and just other West Coast artists like Snoop Nwa that as as a little girl, I have so much pride in being from like California, right m m Yeah, no, for.
Speaker 2: Sure, shouts at Cali. You actually grew up in Sack like when you were like were your formative years.
Speaker 1: It's have a funny because there'd be comments where it'd be like, why sitty claim in the base you foml growth.
Speaker 3: This is what happened. I mean if living in.
Speaker 1: Elk Grove for like three three years is being from Elk Grove and all right, but then people will be like, she's not from Elk Grove because okay.
Speaker 2: Where's Elk Grove? And I'm looking, Okay, there's the bay stocked in Sack. Okay, where's el Elk Grove?
Speaker 3: So Elk Grove is right before South Stack. Okay, uh huh. So that's what happened.
Speaker 1: I grew up all around the bay, like all around the bay, primarily in Hayward, but I lived in San Jose, I lived in Sunnyvale. I lived in Union City and Hayward. And after my dad had left the Bay, I had lived with my grandma for a little bit. So I went to school in Tracy. I went to Tracy So and that's why I knew about like when you was like stocked in lowd So. I lived out there for two years Stockton I lived in. No, I just know that area because.
Speaker 2: I stocked It's crazy.
Speaker 1: I mean I played volleyball out there when we go travel, But No, I wasn't like out there like that. So I went from the Bay to like Tracy, and then I had moved to South Sack. And then as soon as I moved to South Sack, my stepmom and my dad had relocated to Elk Grove.
Speaker 3: So I've been like all around, like California.
Speaker 2: Okay, where's the best food? La? Or the Bay?
Speaker 1: You see, I've been in LA for a while. I've been out here for like ten years. I haven't really been back to the Bay like that because a lot of my family moved out because of the prices. They was like dentrifying it. So I really haven't had time to go back and taste the food. So because I haven't had a chance to do that, people.
Speaker 2: From the Bay with a straight face tell me that San Francisco is better Mexican food than LA, and I just I just want to bip them on GP you.
Speaker 3: Would have been He couldn't wait to say that, Yeah you've been bipped yet?
Speaker 2: Hell no, thank god, everybody's getting bipped. Fuck you go to the bay, you gotta take your ship in brouh, throw your windows down, pop your trunk. Yeah, anyway, sweet, I appreciate your hanging out. New music is out now go support. Is there like anything? People can they buy these tu tops online? Yet?
Speaker 1: These will be available soon on Icy by Saweetie. These are like the samples right now.
Speaker 2: Nice, so people can soon. Hopefully there's something for the icy boys to wear too.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I got a cute T shirt made for y'all.
Speaker 2: Nice. Not a toob top.
Speaker 3: Not a tuobtop I could wear. Are you sure you don't want a tub toop? I'm sure. I mean I take it outside.
Speaker 2: My wife wear. She's got great tits. She looks good in the tube top. Oh that's right, yeah, shouts, and my wife's tits there. Fire and then hopefully an album soon, yes, very soon, yeap. And you got a new team from the team that you were talking about earlier. That everything's kind of you're feeling good about everything I had.
Speaker 1: I had taken a break, so for a while I didn't have a team. I was actually managing myself. What Yeah, it was crazy. I have a lot of respect for managers. When I was managing myself. I was getting up at like eight am and going to sleep at three am every night because of email's calls.
Speaker 2: You to emails. Yes, you're like replying your own ship. So if someone asked you about something to be like signed by sweetie.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's crazy best Diamante.
Speaker 1: Wow, I wouldn't say, Like if it was business, I would reply with my government name.
Speaker 2: Wait, what's your government name?
Speaker 3: Diamante?
Speaker 2: It's a sick ass name. You sure open a restaurant Diamantes. I want to get a steak from there, some garlic butter Diamantes. Like, hey, you guys, try that new place Diamontes.
Speaker 3: Or y'all going to just name a dish after me? Dish?
Speaker 2: We could do a Diamante pizza.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, Diamonte like concoction. We got to figure out what are.
Speaker 2: We putting on it? A seafood pizza? Are you in seafood?
Speaker 3: I love seafood?
Speaker 2: What if we named I've been wanting to do a Listen there's a place in La that has lobster pizza that's over raided, but I've ate it at four in the morning. Shout out to berries, Listen, we know where it is, right I want to do a better lobster pizza, but we'll call it the Sweetie or the Diamonte Diamonte. No no, I just have Mexican children and a Mexican wife a month.
Speaker 3: Yes, per, I.
Speaker 2: Know a little bit of Filipino, can you say?
Speaker 3: Per Per.
Speaker 2: Saying like, man, you you missed out? Did you? Did you invite her to your cookoff? With Brian Sampson's fat ass. He did a food cookoff and he cooked three Filipino dishes and we all judged well, and we didn't all judge. We had five Filipino guests judges and uh, this was at his house and he won. The black man out cooked the Filipino man.
Speaker 3: Look at you was a Filipino.
Speaker 2: Mungo. Uh and this ship was gas. I didn't even know if Filipinos had that food like that said ship it. I just Filipinos could DJ and dance, you know what I'm saying. All the break dances Filipino shit and sing and sing for sure, shout to the Filipinos. Well, I appreciate you coming through. Sweetye Go Sport. The new song It's Fire. I think it's your best single you dropped in a long time.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like it a lot, so I'm like, I'm excited for you appreciation. I can't wait to hear you singing on this hook of the song you just talked about too. That's singing Sweetie on the way, y'all.
Speaker 3: I know that's right there.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you,