Speaker 1: It's nine o one.
Speaker 2: With Jenny Garth and Tory spelling. Oh this week, you guys, dude, I don't know what to say.
Speaker 3: We're back and for sad reasons.
Speaker 2: The sad and mad. I'm all the fields good, that's good.
Speaker 4: How do we feel about who'sy lady with the short haircut and the short things?
Speaker 2: And I can't think of her name, Jamie Blake?
Speaker 5: What's her name?
Speaker 3: Jamie Blake?
Speaker 5: Who's Jamie Blake her real name?
Speaker 3: I thought you said, how do we feel about the girl with them?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Tory always would have that on her mind because it's Brian.
Speaker 2: I'm more fixated on Emma. Emma, Oh, I thought you.
Speaker 5: I love that Tory went there to the girl that's kissing.
Speaker 3: No, I don't mind that.
Speaker 2: Well one has one has short hair and a pixie and what as a bob so easy to.
Speaker 4: So I want to know right out the gate from both of you.
Speaker 5: Did Emma do the right thing? Or she just like a villain? What is she?
Speaker 2: I don't I mean, she's just a girl that got caught in the doorway and really gotta just tell the truth when that happens.
Speaker 3: This is this is a tough one because yeah, I don't see her as a villain. Sorry, that's gonna be unpopular, but you don't.
Speaker 2: See her as a villain. She came into town, yeah, went it just went straight for Brandon, like not even a second's delay. She saw him, she conquered him.
Speaker 5: Am I crazy to call her a vixen? A villain? But also like girl power?
Speaker 1: It's like she's sort of that too, yes, because she's not well, No, would you call that guest trick rounded No, I'd call that a girl's girl.
Speaker 3: But no, I mean here's the thing, Oh see, it's it's such a tough one because she doesn't owe Kelly anything. Right, she came in and she found a guy and she went for it.
Speaker 2: And she knew he had a boy, he had a girlfriend. She knew that.
Speaker 5: So there's that factor, right, that's not very girl. She knew the girlfriend, right that.
Speaker 4: You're right, that is what makes her villainy.
Speaker 2: If she didn't know at all, then and then we'd have another discussion. But like she knew.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a great point.
Speaker 3: There's another word besides villain, there's God.
Speaker 2: I love it that you want to defend her though, I'm really interested this, Like, why are you trying to defend.
Speaker 3: Her because I like her in real life.
Speaker 5: Too on levels of wrong.
Speaker 4: Though I still stand by that Brandon was worse.
Speaker 3: You can't compare them.
Speaker 4: It's like apples and oranges, you know, where they kind of did it dirty is that they made it's they make her so conniving that that's what makes her worse. It's like if she just went to the office, she's sort of this sexy girl who writes the column, and he came on to her, or even mutually, and then he went for it. But it's all the conniving, the dropping the watch and the boiling water.
Speaker 2: And the short skirts up on the desk.
Speaker 4: Recording on the old cassette tape on you know, it's like, and then showing him the tape and then inviting her in to play the tape.
Speaker 5: It's like they made her.
Speaker 4: They made her villainy when it might have been more interesting to make her not so villainy.
Speaker 3: Okay, I understand this, and and granted I've gone on this roller coaster ride. I've gone ups and ups and downs. Like I like her, I don't like her, I hate her.
Speaker 2: I love her.
Speaker 5: So well played for the TV part, When did.
Speaker 2: You love her?
Speaker 3: Good? Question the moment I saw that haircut, you are hilarious. Here's okay, here's the thing. I think Angel Boris now Angel Boris read is really good because I'm not debating that she's a villain.
Speaker 2: I know so correct.
Speaker 3: She's a villain, a scripted villain that actually has.
Speaker 5: Likability, which is right. You are right.
Speaker 2: Wait wait wait wait can you walk me through the walk me through the likability please? As a character, not.
Speaker 3: A I understand, but Angel playing that part, she could have played it very one note. And there's something in the way she plays it and her soul that comes through that you want to hate her, but you just don't.
Speaker 2: Ye.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a little Heather lockleyer.
Speaker 3: Like no, no, no, she was the villain in melrose Place, but there was something like like a daughter.
Speaker 2: Listen, I'm sorry, what break it down for me? What was likable about this character? The way? Why do you, as a female like the way she played the character. It's not the way she played it, it's the character.
Speaker 3: There's some warmth that comes through, and I don't know what it is.
Speaker 4: I agree with you, Tori. There's like she's ninety percent ten percent, and.
Speaker 5: I don't know if it's because she's so sexy.
Speaker 2: When she's being like that time percent, she's still being conniving.
Speaker 5: She's yeah, she's com meditated. Correct, that's true.
Speaker 3: She's written, You're right, unlike well, total villain and yet the way she portrays her.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, I think we're talking about two different things. Okay, here's what I'm gonna say. There's nothing likable about her, but there's something very intriguing about her, so that maybe what I'm experiencing is like I'm kind of bummed she's gonna be gone soon, you know what I'm saying, Like she's awful.
Speaker 2: She's yeah, she's making it a little more, mixing it up more.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's something interesting about her for this whole show.
Speaker 5: Okay, Yeah, I don't disagree, but I just don't.
Speaker 2: I can't say that she's there's something redeemable about her as a character.
Speaker 4: No, she's terrible because she's also not honest, Like the dropping the watch and the recording and the.
Speaker 2: Whole thing is dishonest. But it's like, but she did a great job as an actress, There's no question about it.
Speaker 4: If you were her, would you have done what she did?
Speaker 5: And told Kelly?
Speaker 2: I thought that was Gnarley, Like I said, she he's being straight up asked, I don't think this character is a liar because she didn't lie to anybody. She just didn't tell Kelly because she thought Brandon should be the one to tell Kelly.
Speaker 4: It's also bananas that Kelly went over there like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but why yeah, why can we go over there?
Speaker 4: You went over there because you thought it was Steve and that he was cheating on Hillary Swank, and so I thought that was like also bananas, like.
Speaker 3: Where she lived.
Speaker 5: It's actually an interesting question.
Speaker 2: Yellow Pages.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, was weird if I was, you know, a person and this girl I'm sort of loosely friends with has an entanglement with a random dude that I'm close with.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to go knock on her door. Yeah, that was a little confrontational for weird reasons.
Speaker 3: We had to get there somehow, though.
Speaker 2: First of all, I love that they just keep holding up the cassette tape. I don't know. I'm glad it's over. I'm glad the liaring, the liaring is over.
Speaker 4: Brandon's liar liarings Darley and letting Steve. I mean, come on, dude, Brandon they they are writing him like dog.
Speaker 2: Poop, They're writing him like val, what's happening? I have fury here?
Speaker 5: Tell us.
Speaker 3: I think they in their minds at the time, they might have been like, we're losing the show. In their minds, I mean, we're all the show, but like Brandon Walsh Minnesota Twins, we've lost one, we're about to lose the other how and they were like, Okay, people are going to be miserable, so let's just tak him. Let's take this character and make him be like them.
Speaker 5: Who cares?
Speaker 3: Brandon Walsh interesting?
Speaker 2: I mean, I definitely see what you're saying, but that that's a really down dirty that's terrible blasphemy.
Speaker 3: Again, I'm I'm in shock. I know he was in the mind space of you know, he's moving on, and.
Speaker 4: But as a producer, did he have the ability to go, don't write me so yes, sleepy, I for sure think so at this So.
Speaker 5: I guess maybe he was kind of into it.
Speaker 3: Why do you think maybe he was, Like sure, I don't know.
Speaker 4: But it keeps flashing back in my mind to that love scene with that Emma woman, Like I keep flashing back.
Speaker 5: To that that was so it was just a lot. It was very a lot.
Speaker 3: Why because it was so not exciting.
Speaker 2: See, I thought it was because it was like too like sex, like poorn almost.
Speaker 4: It was like it was like the most aggressive sex scene we've had on nine O two one zero.
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, by.
Speaker 5: Far it was. It was gnarly, where are you.
Speaker 2: Going with this? Amy interesting because I didn't like that.
Speaker 4: Maybe we liked that they adulted him up or made him maybe he doesn't want to always be good Brandon.
Speaker 2: Well surely, I'm sure that's there, But yeah, that was taking it to an extreme.
Speaker 3: Yeah, here's the thing I gotta say, You guys like Jamie Walters was not that's not him. He played a character. He pushed Donna down the stairs. Well mean that, But here's the thing. Jason Priestley plays Brandon Walsh. He cheats on Kelly Taylor in the worst way. He's beloved.
Speaker 2: Still, how is this all fair to this day?
Speaker 4: I know, because we only think guys, I'm so sorry because not that they didn't watch it, but they base everything in my opinion on the first five seasons. How we feel about everybody is totally based on the early your season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm watching this as a viewer as a young girl who thinks Brandon Walsh is the best guy in the world and dreams of having a boyfriend like him. He's so devoted, so faithful, so honest, so smart, and he loves his girlfriend so much. And then to see as a viewer him cheat on her in this way and such graphic visual details and then lie about it. Yeah, the lying and then finally get caught as a viewer. Am I ever gonna like him? Make?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: May I remind you how this season ends? So? Yeah, you sure are?
Speaker 3: No, I don't know what what do you mean? What toy? Obviously? Is there a wedding?
Speaker 2: No? Do they get back together? Are you saying I get back together?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So I'm just telling you that now.
Speaker 5: I'm not spoiling it because it's three years afo.
Speaker 2: You just spoiled it.
Speaker 4: But it's like we all come around on these people too, we do we soften?
Speaker 2: Why why why I had to because it was in script I mean, Kelly had to because that was my job, right.
Speaker 4: I never think of this stuff when I think of Brandon holistically.
Speaker 2: I know, but that's that's the problem.
Speaker 3: It's not redeemable on his part, Like it's just unless we have some backstory of why he felt he needed to Why, Like, I don't want to think that just someone comes in, she's sexy and he's just like Okay. I wish they could go into the backstory of like at some point, like what were his feelings? Why did he feel that what he had wasn't good enough on his part that he needed to do something else? What was he not feeling good about himself? We don't know?
Speaker 4: Or is he just a twenty two year old dude? That's the other thing. You all are acting like you're all thirty.
Speaker 5: It looks like thirty.
Speaker 2: I feel like everybody on the show is thirty.
Speaker 5: We're all twenty two.
Speaker 2: They got so old so fast, and like it did it's really hard to remember.
Speaker 3: You're right, But before that, he's always actually no am we Valentine?
Speaker 5: Okay, you know what?
Speaker 3: How is he a can you call a man America's sweetheart? What is the male version of that?
Speaker 5: Hearth thrub heart? Thrubs can be.
Speaker 3: Kind of broody and like not so bad boys, America's sweetheart?
Speaker 2: He's yeah, like the man.
Speaker 3: I know, first five seasons, Amy, I get it, But you guys, let's tell them what we're watching here. Season eight.
Speaker 2: Yes, sorry, we got ahead of ourselves, you guys, Okay, segments, let's see.
Speaker 5: I'm so flustered now, Well.
Speaker 4: Do we want to keep talking about this?
Speaker 5: Because we could?
Speaker 4: But also I'm obsessed with the mall, clown and the whole There's so much talk.
Speaker 2: There's so much to talk about in this episode. Season eight, episode sixteen, Illegal Tender Air January fourteenth, nineteen ninety eight.
Speaker 3: Synopsis. Emma wants revenge and she's coming with receipts. Kelly faces the truth. Brandon's guilty of deceit. It's all David's fault. When Jamie Blake gets fired, he runs to the peapad and gets the singer hired. Noah finds out about Valerie's secret client, and now he and val have the right to remain silent.
Speaker 4: So we have four storylines. We've got the Emma stuff with Brandon. Wait, wait, I have to tell you, guys.
Speaker 2: It was directed by Anson Williams, one of her favorite directors.
Speaker 3: I did notice that, and written by Ken Stringer, who started initially as our first ad.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 4: So we have four storylines. We've got the kids lost in the mall. We've got this Emma fatal attraction thing. We've got the singer, and we've got the gambling. It's a lot and it's a lot which one.
Speaker 3: If you could would you have lost?
Speaker 5: Maybe the singer thing?
Speaker 2: Oh really, I don't know that I would have lost the kid getting lost.
Speaker 3: I just was.
Speaker 4: Obsessed with what mall is that? Oh my god, we know it's the outdoor mall. Is it on Ventura? Yeah, that's what I thought. Okay, so let's should we talk about the missing and the sort of is that a red herring when we think was he a kidnapper or not?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Of course he wasn't. He did the right thing. Like, I don't know how you describe a red herring. I don't know what that word means.
Speaker 2: I didn't never think he was a kidnapper. I just think the kid like got lost and some nice man found him.
Speaker 4: But I think we're supposed to think, oh no, with the candy, He's like, camere, little boy, I have candy, and then you're supposed to be like, oh no, now he's kidnapped.
Speaker 2: I guess that. I mean, I guess I'm watching something from the nineties. So I didn't think that. But if I were watching that now, I probably would Immediately.
Speaker 4: I was like, they're trying to make us think this is a kidnapping.
Speaker 3: I remember filming there that day and I was super excited because in between shots there were stores there and you go to chic goes. They were like boutique ones. Listen, it was in the nineties, like it was like, oh boutiques like that was yeah, yeah, there weren't like big chains and like stuff. All I am focused on now is the red balloon, and I'm like, oh, it's.
Speaker 4: So it totally and the creepy He's gonna go and get killed by a clown.
Speaker 5: The creepy clowns is like a horror movie. I liked it. Kids adorable? Have we tried to find him?
Speaker 6: It was in chapter nineties where because chapter Miles Jeffrey, that guy is adorable and the whole like, oh, Steve's okay.
Speaker 4: First of all, so Steve tells the kid to lie and say he had like tails. I was like, that's bad, But then I actually didn't think it was so like I thought Hilary Swank like overreacted to Steve, like.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, you have to hold his hand all the time.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't neither.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, as a mom uh no, well right, but then she.
Speaker 4: Correct But the whole point is she yelled at Steve but then did the same thing. It's kind of like a tropy trophy storyline.
Speaker 2: I feel like she said, you have to hold his hand when there's traffic, and he's crossing some traffic, but she was standing right next to him and they were I mean, I can imagine she wouldn't be holding his hand the whole time, like at the clown thing. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I would be watching and making sure my kid doesn't wander off chasing a balloon.
Speaker 2: But that's true, that's a mall at a mall.
Speaker 4: But these days my brother just puts trackers on my nieces so that like it just like Apple trackers on them.
Speaker 3: Oh that's a good one.
Speaker 2: Sit in really good.
Speaker 3: Did you know you could actually like carve it into their tennis shoes in the insoul and you.
Speaker 5: I think that's genius.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: I asked my niece if I could do that when she went to Mexico for spring break, but she said no.
Speaker 3: I was like, Okay, you don't ask you just do it.
Speaker 4: But it was a long time to find the kid out a very small mall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true. That's true. That's so that's I don't know that storyline. I wasn't as excited about also because I kind of know that this is ending soon, and so I'm I.
Speaker 4: Feel like they have one more episode with her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, would you guys think of the singer of Jamie Blake. She's she was the act, she was the character, but she's also a real singer. Oh she was, yes, it says uh. Signed by A and M Records in nineteen ninety.
Speaker 5: Silled A and M Records.
Speaker 3: She had cool, she had a cool look, cool voice.
Speaker 5: I just feel like.
Speaker 2: We've done this storyline.
Speaker 5: It's just like, here's a gazillion time.
Speaker 4: I'm like, Okay, David wants to be a musician. Oh, he's find a singer. Oh, Valerie's mad.
Speaker 2: I just it's very trophy. She's adorable and a really good performer.
Speaker 3: This is the new version of Watch What Happens Live, and the word is trophy. Yeah, it's literally if you just the drinking game, it's just.
Speaker 4: The same old storyline. Although I'm fine with it. It's the same old crap with Valerie too. Oh oh, Valerie criminal again. Yeah, you're a criminal again. Oh cool, Okay, it's just.
Speaker 3: So Yeah, we talked about last week. We were not happy about the bookie coming back. We're like, oh good, we don't want to watch this.
Speaker 2: So I look like Garth today? Hold on, we wait a little bit. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 4: I don't want to lie and say amazing.
Speaker 3: Wait, your hair it actually looks so phenomenal. You look, it looks eight eyed.
Speaker 4: Okay, she's talking about does she look like Wayne's world looked like Dana Carvey, And yes, you.
Speaker 2: Do look like Garth? Right, that was the name guy, you guys, you guys. My last name's Garth.
Speaker 4: All I think about is when they went to that concert and they're holding up their backstage passes.
Speaker 2: Wait, how do you what was? They went like this, right, you guys, Okay, let's stop doing that.
Speaker 3: Then, by the way, she looked beautiful, hair looked great until she proofed it up and then she literally did transform into him.
Speaker 5: That was that was crazy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was actually I have a really I can do Nick Nolty too, if you want to see that. No, not to.
Speaker 4: Do, actually though, I think also it happens that you're wearing that shirt. Which is kind of a Wayne's Worldy type shirt. I think it's it's all work anyway, we digress. First of all, Lindsay Price like, can we talk about.
Speaker 5: Her really quick?
Speaker 4: Of course, you're right, Tori, Like, she really just starts out as a very minor character.
Speaker 2: And just so comfortable in her in her skin, like she's like she's supposed to be there.
Speaker 5: It feels like, yeah, she's just there.
Speaker 3: I know, and she looks but I'm telling you she was just She's brought in to work in the office because they they need a workplace. This is now becoming a workplace drum.
Speaker 4: And I did look up where is the office? I was inspired to be like where is the Beverly Beat? And it's like Hollywood Boulevard. I did find it really fast. I should have memorized where.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's like over by where Netflix is?
Speaker 4: Now where is the Beverly Beat? Like it was six six oh five Hollywood Boulevard?
Speaker 2: Yes, right there.
Speaker 4: We need to hit that Spanish revival style building.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're like, uh, is it Gricos? Is that it? Pizza is at the bottom.
Speaker 4: It serves as the backdrop for the character's editorial escapades it's right near Hollywood and Highland.
Speaker 3: So I believe I'm not sure that those office spaces that they're showing from the outside world of wonder Ru Paul drag Race, that's where those are their offices in real in real life. Now it's like the last twenty years.
Speaker 2: Hi, It's Jenny Garth from the I Choose Me podcast. You guys, I'm thrilled to announce that the second annual I Choose Me Live, a women's Howardman's Summit, is coming to the iHeart Theater in Los Angeles. It is a girls day out. There will be shopping, there will be cocktails, there will be goodie bags. So join me and our incredible guests, my friend Gabrielle carteris aka Andrea Zuckerman, who doesn't want a little nine or two on oo, Amanda Kloops, Geenie, My Paradise Star, Sarah Shahi Caramo, Bethany Joy Lenz, Yes Haley from One Tree Hill. So join me for fabulous conversations with these trailblazers, and I promise you this will be a day that can change your life for the better. You need this, trust me. Coming April twenty fifth to the iHeart Theater in Los Angeles. Tickets are on sale now at leips dot com.
Speaker 4: Now, there is one thing this thing says wrong. It says the building represents the office where Brandon and Steve ran their student newspaper. It's student newspaper. AI, Come on this, AI, get your crap together. AI, But fans like to go buy it, says, So what do we think of Valerie?
Speaker 2: I feel so bad for this her as an actress like Tiffany, to be having to do the same storyline over and over it.
Speaker 4: I feel bad for Noah, who's wrongfully been arrested.
Speaker 3: Because Amy loves Noah. Now she loves him.
Speaker 2: I do. I didn't like in the scene in the office when he took the guy's briefcase and slammed it down.
Speaker 4: I didn't understand why he was still you'll leave the money here, Like why, yeah, why didn't he say get out of it, get take your stinking money and get out of here.
Speaker 2: I guess because that was his customer's money.
Speaker 4: Maybe okay, oh yeah, maybe he's going to return all the money.
Speaker 5: That's right. How about Donna.
Speaker 2: Just sleeping on the boat way to go? Donna?
Speaker 3: Thanks? I like my own pigtails, my red pigtails.
Speaker 2: Wait for you. Your characters like gone from like I'll be a virgin until I'm married, until now being like, let's go go a few rounds on the boat, let's go all the way if the boat is a rock, and don't come in on.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm just floating with it. I mean, the thing is, I don't know, but.
Speaker 5: What do you.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to choose my words carefully. Okay, once you know you have done the deed and made that choice, perhaps again twenty two year old, you know, she's like, well, I didn't wait for marriage.
Speaker 5: Wait.
Speaker 3: I thought that was going to be my forever with David and it didn't work out, And so now she could have wait a little longer. I understand.
Speaker 5: No, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't think she needs a way a little longer. I just think it's cute because the juxaposition of the character and how cockly you switch. I see what you're saying about, like once you give the milk away, then then the farmer leaves, and then the milk the cow still needs to be milked.
Speaker 3: I remember my mom telling me that.
Speaker 2: About it.
Speaker 3: Granted, like I was a virgin, but she I just remember her being like, why give the milk away?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 4: Why buy the cow when you give the milk away for free.
Speaker 2: When you can get the milk for free?
Speaker 3: Right, And it's a seventeen year old girl. I heard them like, oh mom, it's kind of a weird thing.
Speaker 2: Little it's so like in the timeframe of the Beverly Hillbillies, like those very dated side.
Speaker 5: Yeah, true, you know what I mean, Like, the cow should be able to do what the cow wants.
Speaker 2: And also it shouldn't be called a cow, right, it's called a cow.
Speaker 3: I really kiss this boy. But bottom line, the cow can do what the cow wants.
Speaker 2: How do I feel about this episode? What do you what do you think?
Speaker 3: I mean, you got to feel better than previous ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at least the ending was exciting.
Speaker 3: Everything we have to talk about.
Speaker 4: I just.
Speaker 3: First of all, you guys, I thought Steve Sanders. I really enjoyed him this episode because I was like, oh wow, like he's done some bad stuff and always like I don't know, it was a stand up best friend.
Speaker 4: Now that's a guys guy. Yeah, there's a couple things with Steve. So Steve was willing to take the hit for Brandon, and they do bring up all Steve's past, you know, indiscretions, plagiarism, to mess ups. Right, But I also was like, yuck, yucky. You're friends with Kelly too, this is yucky. Yeah, oh what came first? The chicken or the egg? You know what came first?
Speaker 2: Killy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right, right, Wow, it's really yeah, threw the cow the chicken?
Speaker 2: Care?
Speaker 4: And how do we feel about Steve and Hillary's wink?
Speaker 2: I think I feel any different than we've ever felt. We're just kind of it's kind of like, oh, it's nice to see Steve growing up a little Yeah.
Speaker 4: But yeah, same old crap too with the like don't tell her you had the double cheeseburger and then like cross the ur or just.
Speaker 2: Telling Brandon he said, never tell the truth until you try lying first.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, that's what he said to him.
Speaker 3: That's right, he did do that. I guess I'm thinking about the part that I was like, you know what, that's that's a friend that would go Yeah, he could go down in every single way here and cost his relation everything and he did that for Brandon because he loves it. So I that's the part I like about him.
Speaker 2: But do you think he would have gone like I would have done the whole like gun until let Carlely find out and broken up with Carly with this lie? Do you think he was?
Speaker 3: I wonder if he really thought that out. And maybe that's telling right there that Carly's not ding ding ding ding ding ding ding okay, because he must have. No, he doesn't think.
Speaker 5: I don't even think he thought it through.
Speaker 2: I think he would have just told her that I didn't actually do it right, So true, I want to give this episode. I don't know. I think it's like, there's so much.
Speaker 5: Could we just talk about your scene?
Speaker 2: I'm ready to be done with that.
Speaker 4: The storyline between you all is more like eight point five, but the rest is like a seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's same, oh same, oh yeah, just.
Speaker 4: The same old. David's got an artist? Can she play the pa pad Valerie? Oh?
Speaker 5: I don't want to, Okay, I'll do it for you.
Speaker 4: It's just like, oh my god, I've seen this so many times.
Speaker 2: I'm curious.
Speaker 5: Are they couple sort of? A? Yeah, they sort of are like they are.
Speaker 3: And here's the thing, I'm taking.
Speaker 2: Myself out of it. You can't you can't, I can't let me.
Speaker 3: I actually, as a viewer, don't they They had chemistry when they were together before, but now together, I'm like, this is a non m It's just the way it's written though. At the two of them, you just like don't want them to be together and you don't get the.
Speaker 2: Hair right because we kind of like David just because of his origin on the show, So he's like one of our core people. Yeah, he can mess up, just like Okay, so he messed up and we still love him. So now I guess Brandon's supposed to be able to mess up and we will still love him. Have any of the girls ever helped me think this? Or have any of the girls ever like cheated on somebody and then been still liked for it.
Speaker 3: Or had a fatal flaw but everyone ignoredon went poor Valeries.
Speaker 2: Valerie, that's her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but in theory, okay, so we're gonna go with the core cast, right, not that she's not Okay, he's there to do bad thing.
Speaker 2: Gabrielle cheats on Jesse.
Speaker 3: With that point, he's not there anymore, so you know, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: Oh man, So my point So Brenda, wait, Brenda, Donna.
Speaker 3: David still there. So Kelly and Donna Brenda did.
Speaker 2: Never do anything like that? Right? Am I? Right? Am I wrong? I have no idea she did she cheated in Paris?
Speaker 5: Correct?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yes, right on on Dylan? Was it on Dylan? She cheated on?
Speaker 3: It was not on Brandon.
Speaker 2: Or Steve, so it must have been telling. Okay, great, yep, But we did we see that? Was that? Oh yeah, we saw that whole thing happened. I feel like we forgive a lot of things on this show. But also she was a lot younger.
Speaker 3: Yeah, totally, but wait, oh I like this, this is fun. So poor were going back to the females that are still here. Did Donna ever Joe, Kelly and Donna have they ever done anything that they It should be like not redeemed?
Speaker 4: Are you dating two people the fireman and someone else at the same time and trying to remember?
Speaker 2: Yes, but she wasn't They knew about it? I think right?
Speaker 3: They did? They were, They were upfront about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, God, you should have stayed with Cameron Bancroft.
Speaker 2: He really messed that up.
Speaker 5: I loved him.
Speaker 3: Jill loves Donna the parent.
Speaker 2: The other things, though, were more like crimes against themselves. You know, like I love that, like things that they did that were not good for themselves, but they never did something that was purposely not good for their partners.
Speaker 4: I just think about, like what could they have done on the show to be less Trophy?
Speaker 2: But like I don't know, Yeah, how would you make it less? I don't know, ahead give it a try.
Speaker 5: I've been thinking that in my mind, like four times.
Speaker 3: Four times Trophy has been said, yeah, just calling it out.
Speaker 5: Everybody drink when.
Speaker 4: Or Jumpy the sharky jump be the shark. It's not even Jumpy the sharky. It's just Trophy number five.
Speaker 2: It's not to you guys. Oh jee, any way to go little vodka in that mudy we'll hair the dog or the cow or the chicken.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's not bad, nothing's bad. It's just not great. So what do you give it?
Speaker 5: Seven and a half?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: I gotta say though that end scene, I was like, I can't wait to watch next week. I'm sorry, like, oh yeah, with Kelly and Brandon, I was like this.
Speaker 2: I don't want to see them fighting.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, Jen, this happens to you because it did happen to me. But yeah, it still was like, in order to play those emotions of somebody being cheated on, you have to let it seek through a layer of your human well.
Speaker 4: And that tape is sort of like it's like a tricky because he kind of says I had feelings for you or whatever he says. But I felt like he was saying that at the time to just kind of get rid of her. So I don't think he actually, you know what I'm saying. That tape must have been so painful to listen to.
Speaker 3: Can you what would be the today version of that recording? It wouldn't be voice memo because it was recording a conversation.
Speaker 2: What would it be hidden camera? Just somebody recording on an voice.
Speaker 3: Like can you do that on your phone? Asking for a friend?
Speaker 5: Yeah? People do that crap all the time.
Speaker 4: I think it's illegal, But like you can record a call illegally, illegally, illegally, okay.
Speaker 3: A snapchat photo.
Speaker 2: So if you were to record a call like that, like Emma Ditch, would she what do you mean illegally? What's that?
Speaker 4: You're not allowed but in California to record someone without telling them. I'm not a lawyer, but I think I'm right. I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to just record someone without letting them know.
Speaker 3: You're like, I'm how on Ryan's roses they always have to say, Ryan has to say just to let you know right right on the radio. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Or you can get permission after too, if you like, you know, if you were doing that, and then you'd say, hey, can we air this and they can say yes, okay.
Speaker 3: But in real life, so even back then, is she allowed to record it and then play it for somebody? Could she be arrested?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: No, Yeah, it's like you're not allowed to record people without their knowledge.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm not a lawyer, so I'm making this up basically, but I'm pretty sure there's like you're not allowed to just.
Speaker 3: Record people, but you play one on a podcast, You're fine.
Speaker 4: It's like, you know how when you call you know, Comcast Cable, it says this line may be recorded.
Speaker 2: They have to say insurance. Yeah, that's more to like make sure that their employees are not being like, you know, you don't like you. I don't care what carrier you listen, It's.
Speaker 5: Not the fault you be.
Speaker 3: I gotta say though, Wait, Kelly is coming back to Donna and the beach apartment. Is this happening? She says, I'm going to stay with Donna, But yeah, she moved back in permanently. Make me so happy?
Speaker 2: She mess because where else is she gonna go? Right, she should have never moved into Brandon's. I know that was kind of a bad call.
Speaker 4: I also was just obsessed with the decor of the wallshouse.
Speaker 3: It's so bad.
Speaker 4: All the shop keys on the shelf, the wall art is just horrendous.
Speaker 2: The blanket over the couch, it's just so bad. It's just the color theme in general. It makes you want to just like lay down in a ditch.
Speaker 4: So I'm like, oh, this house is decorated horrifically.
Speaker 3: I had good bones though, that's good house. Where's Jamie Blake? Now?
Speaker 2: Do you think she had a She did some vocals recently. I saw that. Oh great for a bit. Wait four, she's still singing. She's still sanging. That's good stuff, you guys. Great episode. I feel like, I don't know, I'm not really excited to watch Kelly and Brandon deal with this. I gotta be honest.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it gets old.
Speaker 3: That's just a trauma tricker.
Speaker 4: I don't want to like scare anyone gets a little dull for a minute. Here, it's a little dull.
Speaker 3: Oh, it does gets dull. We just unduled it now I kind of dullgether?
Speaker 4: And then yeah, next week is season eight, episode seventeen, the Elephant's father.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just gets random. Uh woa, who's the elephant?
Speaker 3: Give us a little hint so people are excited to listen to this, ak us.
Speaker 4: What I remember is it sort of like random storyline, random storyline, random storyline, random story.
Speaker 2: Who's the elephant? Yeah?
Speaker 3: What's the reference?
Speaker 2: I don't remember it yet. Oh man, is like the.
Speaker 3: Elephant in the room. Probably not that I don't All cat's out of the bag now.
Speaker 2: I cannot, in my wildest dreams imagine what it could be about. Well, guess what we're gonna pay that the title one short week? Okay, and then actually to watch I want to see, if nothing else, just to explain the title exactly there, Bye bye,