Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: It's hour two on this Thursday, Dan and the Dan Nets Dan Patrick Show. Gangzo here, the administer of humor, Fritzie Seaton, Marv Paulie, Yours truly the back room guys as well. You can doubt us up each seven to seven three DP Show email address Dpatdanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle the DP Show. Everything on sale fifty percent off at Danpatrick dot com once again. A lot of responses to us being at Lambeau for the draft coming up in two weeks. We'll be doing Wednesday, Thursday, Friday shows there and yes we will allow an audience, but it's first come, first surf. Once we get to capacity, then that's it until the next day. Good morning if you're watching on Peacock, that's our streaming partner. By the way, download the app if you haven't done so. We spent a lot of time first hour talking about Luca's return and the over under was thirty and a half. He had thirty one at halftime, cooled off in the second second half, certainly the third quarter where he had two points, but the damage was done and to be able, that's one of those that you just want to go in and get it over with and hopefully you get a win, because as you can tell from some of these other teams limping towards the finish line, Miami Heat, Golden State Warriors losing games last night, can't be losing those games. But the Lakers did get a big win and trying to secure the number three seed in the West. Uh, we need some juice here with the NFL Draft. We need something to be happening here. I don't know what it's going to be. You know TJ. Watt with a you know, cryptic Instagram message where he holds up in a peace sign like peace out, like I'm out of here.
Speaker 3: We need something, Yeah, see.
Speaker 4: Get the number two pick, like trade up to go get number two. Why don't we just start a rumor? Oh, why don't we just start a crazy maybe not TJ. Watt related, but if we want some juice, why don't we just throw out sources say.
Speaker 3: That's all you need to do. Let's just do a sources say why not?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's it's rarely just source, it's it's sources. So then it sounds more impactful like that. Oh okay, now it's real.
Speaker 4: Two sources from people speaking to people inside the organization have said unsure which direction they're going in.
Speaker 5: Yes, Paul, like the New York Jets are considering trying to trade up to number two dot dot dot considering that's juicy.
Speaker 6: Yes, and there's not a yearly generational talent.
Speaker 2: Well, I think you're going to have a Hall of famers come out of this draft. But you're not going to have that. You know, it's not at the quarterbacking position. Cam Ward is a really good quarterback. You know that's not headline worthy, but you know, I saw him play in a playoff game at Incarnate Word, and I think I was watching that just because they were called Incarnate Word and that's the FCS playoffs. It's like the School of Mines. And I watched that they were in a playoff game as well. I think it's Colorado's School of Mines. Am I an ees, and so I ended up watching and I just remember seeing cam Ward and I'm like, well, he's too good to be playing it Incarnate Word. Then he goes to Washington State and then all of a sudden he ends up at Miami. Now he's going to be the number one pick in the draft, and apparently the coaching staff for Tennessee went back and they were looking at all of Cam's highlights. They also went back to look at Joe Burrow. When Joe Burrow was at LSU and he was going to come in as the number one pick, Brian Callahan, who's they had coach in Tennessee said, and he was with the Bengals, they wanted to see what they could take from LSU and add it to their play playbook in Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: So they were trying to make the transition smoother for Joe Burrow.
Speaker 2: You're basically saying, this is the third year at LSU, this is the place we would have called, this is what we would have used. You gave him familiarity. Now they're doing that with cam Ward. They want to take what Miami did run pass options. And Kevin Clark of the Mothership was talking about this this morning. So you have the head coach who's trying to bring some of Miami the Hurricanes offense with cam Ward into Tennessee. And I've always said, you want to get a quarterback that you want to be able to fit his needs too, Like it's not just I'm going to bring that guy in. Now you have to adapt to what we do. I want to draft somebody, but I also have to factor in what do you do really well? If you if you scramble, if you run, Now, you may not want your quarterback to do that. I just saw where Kyler Murray said he needs to run more.
Speaker 7: Yes. Yes.
Speaker 2: How many times does Steve Young Hall of Famer come on the show and say it's there, go get it. They're just giving you yards there and just be smart.
Speaker 3: That's it?
Speaker 2: But cam Ward run pass options bringing a little bit of the Miami Hurricanes offense into Tennessee, which means they're taking cam Ward. By the way, teams aren't allowed to, you know, publicly say what they're going to do. The commissioner discourages that because he hey, this is my big moment here.
Speaker 3: We want people tuning in. Who are they going to take?
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know, you know they've entertained offers. No, I don't think they Maybe they've entertained offers. I haven't heard anything my sources, but cam Ward will be the number one pick.
Speaker 3: I think the interesting part WHOA yeah all that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, According to my sources, cam Ward will be the number one pick, but I'm curious about the second pick overall. What did the Cleveland Browns do. I saw where Deshaun Watson said, Hey, I'm going to be better than ever? Like, what's anati? What does that mean? You're going to be worse than ever? Average than ever? I don't know, but I wouldn't be holding out a lot of hope for Deshaun Watson coming back. I don't know if he's going to be on the field this year, but you can take it. Feels like a couple of potential Hall of famers. Abdul Carter has that, he has that it. He is waiting to be a star now if he stays healthy. He is so quick. Travis Hunter generational talent. So you know that you've got a couple of guys there that have the potential to be a Hall of Famer. I don't know about cam Ward being a Hall of Famer. Odds are probably not. Shod or Sanders odds are probably not. But teams will pass on those players because everybody's searching for their quarterbacks. See, you would pass on somebody who is in line to be a Hall of Fame caliber talent.
Speaker 3: But that's the draft.
Speaker 2: Sometimes the best player is right there, but you don't take the best player you reach, and that's what's going to happen with Shadoor Sanders. Does somebody reach? Do the Giants having two quarterbacks, do they still take Shador Sanders?
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I think he's the over unders eight and a half and the ninth pick is the Saints, and I think that's where he'll end up unless somebody trades. And I think there's going to be teams Philadelphia will trade, but they're not moving up, you know, that high to get somebody. But I still think that you're going to have a couple of teams and you might have one or two teams where they go. He fell right in our lamp. We had to take him. Is he gonna be he's in Pittsburgh today. Is Pittsburgh going to take Shador Sanders or Jackson Dark twenty first pick or do they do something else? But that's you know, we're kind of waiting. It's wishful reporting here leading up to the draft, where you're like, is anything gonna happen here? Anything fun gonna happen here? Anything that we break into programming and say, oh my gosh, this just happened, and maybe teams have learned stop giving up all of these draft picks to move up to take a quarterback who maybe had one really good year in college. Hey we're gonna go up and get Mitchell Trubisky. Hey we're gonna go up and get Trey Lance. You know, maybe you don't need to reach. How about you get a quarterback, the right quarterback for you instead of the potential is so dangerous, you know. That's why I said, look, we know what Deshaun Watson has turned into. But he did every thing right in front of you. You got to see him in big games. He won a national championship. He was right there and you had gms. Who I think felt, is this the ceiling for him where you could look at Trey Lance and go man, he was great at North Dakota State.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he only played, you know, one year.
Speaker 6: NH.
Speaker 3: The potential Danny Dimes man, the potential Mitchell Trubisky, the potential Nick Foles, the potential man that gets you fired. Anthony Richardson, The potential potential gets you fired. It does put some respect on Nick foles name. Yeah, fella won a Super Bowl. It was a Super Bowl MVP.
Speaker 6: I'll take that.
Speaker 2: I'll take that potent. Oh my bad, Carson Wentz. My bad, not Nick Foles. Carson Wentz because they went goo goo gaga for him too.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Pull, We've talked about this before.
Speaker 5: Nick Fole does have the weirdest career in sports history. They chip Kelly year where he went twenty five touchdowns, two picks and kind of gone, kind of gone super Bowl, kind of gone back up, back up.
Speaker 2: Wild crazy. Hey Joe Flacco, Hey, win a super Bowl. Then all of a sudden, it's like where Joe go? Then Joe comes. Hey he's playing for the Browns and they're in the playoffs.
Speaker 5: Yes, I think I'm most curious for the draft is not who takes Travis Hunter of Colorado, is what they answer when they're asked about their plan for Travis Hunter, because you have to know your plan before you draft him. I think because if he were just a cornerback, he's still top ten. If he were just a wide receiver, I would think he'd be top fifteen. But when they announced on drafta we're taking you know, Jacksonville takes some fifth and they're asked, how do you plan on using him?
Speaker 8: Do you shake off that answer or do you answer it.
Speaker 2: I don't think you take him unless you know how you're going to use him, and he knows how you're going to use him, because I think he has told the or his representatives told the Commissioner's office that he wants to be introduced as cornerback wide receiver. When when he is announced, I don't know if it's in that order, but that when he you know, and the New England Patriots take cornerback wide receiver Travis Hunter. Now I was told that that. I was thinking, okay, because he wants to make sure he gets the opportunity to play both. But if you're going to be otawani, like what's your salary?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 2: I know that they lock in where you're drafted, but he is going to be doing one and a half to two jobs. Can you ask for Like that's another thing down the road after your rookie deal. Derek Stingley Junior just signed a thirty million dollar a year deal as a defensive back with the Texans. Well, is Travis Hunter going to be that? But then he's going to be a guy who's involved in twenty offensive plays?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 4: Know that modern corporate culture works that way. Hey, I do two jobs, now can I get two salaries? No, here's four jobs for your one shrinking salary.
Speaker 6: Yes, Martin, I think it would be really important for him to get a bigger salary if he was a Pro Bowl or All Pro selection on both sides of the ball.
Speaker 2: I just throw it out there though, whatever happens down the road. But yeah, I think that'll be interesting to see what the Giants have a coaching staff that has to win. Now you got the Browns that coaching staff needs to win. Now you just re signed Miles Garrett. Do you take Abdul Carter and put him with Miles Garrett? Do you take Travis Hunter? Do you trade out of that?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 2: Those are the things I'm curious about with these teams. Certainly, you know when you look at the the Raiders Raiders, it feels like it's been asked in gente since this season ended. But look, these teams aren't going to tell you the truth for the most part. I have somebody who I really trust and who knows the Browns a part of that organization. He will not give me a morsel, not scraps nothing. I keep going. Quarterback question mark, and then I don't get a response, and I'll go quarterback question mark, and.
Speaker 3: Then you get.
Speaker 2: Probably best player available? Is that a quarterback question mark? So I'm not getting any information from somebody that I truly trust.
Speaker 3: He's the one.
Speaker 2: Who told me about the Baker Mayfield going to the Browns. So maybe we're not that close. Because I remember coming in that Monday morning NFL Draft week and I said, guys, get ready for this. I'm going to break some news coming up here in about twenty minutes. And that's when I said the Browns are going to draft Baker Mayfield. And people were like, no way.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: The draft people were like noah blah. And I said to him, man, I trust my source on this. And then Adam Schefter I think, swooped in and took credit for it and then said, oh, the Browns are going to take Baker Mayfield.
Speaker 3: I'm like, uh, yeah, I just told you.
Speaker 7: Yes.
Speaker 5: If we did a show about the ten biggest mistakes in the past ten years in the NFL, the Brown's not giving Baker Mayfield a decent contract for four years is right up there, because they compounded it as it afterwards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, the problem was that they brought in OBJ and Baker Mayfield is young, impressionable and trying to please him. And I thought that was the big mistake because Jarvis Lander, I thought was a better receiver. But you know, Baker Mayfield I found his place. And that's what I hope in the future with these quarterbacks is if you're going to go top dollar, you know, be prepared for the fall out there, because if it's all or nothing, I think you're going to find teams that are go, uh, we're gonna move on from you. But if you find that soft landing spot there, and Baker Mayfield found that and he seems to be fine with that, then I think that's really the key.
Speaker 5: Yeah, paulm Just two years ago, Baker Mayfield was on Carolina in the Rams. Remember that messy season. He was one in five as a starter, one and three as a starter. Last year he threw forty one touchdown.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, wow, Yeah.
Speaker 2: But you see these guys, it takes a while. We want immediate results, and it's not always immediate.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 2: A lot of these guys, you know, Sam Darnold, you get kicked to the curb in a couple of places and then all of a sudden, you get your chance again. Well, you get your chance with the right team at the right time, with the right coach. And he did, and he got this deal with Seattle. You know, uh Gino Smith, right place, right time, right coach. Now you know, he goes to the Raiders.
Speaker 6: Hopefully, hopefully one of these guys are Josh Rosen. They become a top ten pick, and then the next year he's gone.
Speaker 2: Well that was amazing that he went what tenth overall, and all of a sudden, they're like, next year, we're gonna take Kyler Murray, Josh Rosen. And he was one of those you know, that guy's ready. Of all the quarterbacks, he's the one who's the readiest. And then he wasn't.
Speaker 6: If he came out after his freshman year. Yeah, he's one of those guys.
Speaker 2: The draft is loaded with. Man, if he could have come out earlier, take a break. Dwight Howard's going to the Hall of Fame. He'll join us coming up next. More of your phone calls as well. Back after this drafts at the draft with Miller Lyte ready to go, hope you'll join us.
Speaker 3: Gonna be a great time.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 9: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together We're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 8: You could catch us.
Speaker 10: Weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 9: Why should you listen to Covino and Rich.
Speaker 10: We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world.
Speaker 9: We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss.
Speaker 10: And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together. I mean that says something, right, So.
Speaker 9: Check us out. We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planet Earth. Be sure to check out Covino and Rich Live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern, two to four Pacific and if you miss any of the live show, just search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media that's Covino and Rich.
Speaker 2: Update the poll results here hour two. Get some more phone calls coming up. Luca drops forty five. More importantly, the Lakers beating the Mavericks. You got this time of the year where there must win situations. Certainly for the Miami Heat the Golden State Warriors, they have no room for error. They may not make the playoffs. They ended up losing to San Antonio. Dwight Howard he'll be inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame coming up in September. Former NBA champ, three time Defensive Player of the Year, five time All NBA First Team Dwight, How are you doing, man.
Speaker 7: And bless man?
Speaker 11: I'm so happy and thankful to be back on your show again. You ever did it so in a while. I think the last time I did it so I was actually Orlando. I was driving in my car. He was like, hey, you turned down music a little bit so we can hear you.
Speaker 3: What was your reaction when you got the call for the Hall of Fame?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 11: I cried so hard It's just like the first day soon as he got as soon as I got the call, seeing the name the Nation Basketball Hall of Fame calling my phone, you know, seeing that and then hearing them actually say you have made it in to one out of four hundred and fifty six people who have been.
Speaker 7: In the Hall of Fame for basketball.
Speaker 11: I just every memory of basketball that started, my youngest memory, shooting on my first basketball go watching my magic justin tapes, and then just the tears start flowing, and man, there's just this an incredible journey with a lot of ups and downs, but to make it to basketball header it is for me, it's everything.
Speaker 2: What would you be, Like, what kind of player if you were coming into the NBA now, given the way the NBA is.
Speaker 7: Oh man, what kind of player would I be? Well?
Speaker 11: I feel like my time in Orlando I was very unstoppable with office and then the side that I played. I believe that if I was playing now, I would still be a dominant player, uh, the top five center I believe in the league if I was playing right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the game has changed so much with the perimeter. And I knew you grew up idolizing magic, but maybe you would have geared your game to be more perimeter based. I mean, we got seven footers playing on the perimeter all that.
Speaker 7: Look, that's true.
Speaker 11: Actually, when I started playing basketball, I didn't play center. I didn't play center actually until I got to the NBA. Uh So, when I got to the NBA, that's when my positions hanged. Then back then, there were no stretch forwards. There were no stress, no stress fives. It was only dirt and whisky. And the next person close to him that was sooning that much was Sem Duncan, and he was shooting more so off the glass side and free throw.
Speaker 7: Line and their shots.
Speaker 11: And I remember the last conversation I had with Kobe before we joined team. It was what he wanted me to work on was those free throw line and then jump shots and stuff like that. But today's game, well today's game, and when I was coming up in the game, that shot was taken out. Uh So, now I would be a perimeter bass player, and that'll be a lot of fun. I'd get to show people my other skills and the skills that I've had growing up.
Speaker 7: And I go back to just being a kid again.
Speaker 3: How tough was Kobe on you?
Speaker 7: I would say he was that tough on me?
Speaker 11: What what like people would assume because I was a hard worker, You know, it wasn't.
Speaker 7: I wasn't somebody that he had to worry.
Speaker 11: About getting in the gym, working hard in the games and stuff like that. I just think we just at the time, we was in two different places in life and we didn't see.
Speaker 7: How to eye.
Speaker 11: We didn't give each other a chance to eat to see how to But are you living?
Speaker 2: You learn if I gave you a mulligan on getting out of Orlando, would you have still left Orlando and gone to the Lakers?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 7: My intentions was not to go to the Lakers after Orlando.
Speaker 11: I now do it what I know now, Leaving Orlando taught me many lessons of life that I needed, and I feel like if I would have stayed in Orlando, maybe I wouldn't have learned those same lessons. And it's just how you look at it, you know. I hate the fact that I did have to leave Orlando, that was my first home. But I believe that everything happens I was exactly supposed to happen, and I can't question fate. The only thing I'm glad about is that it led me to the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: Most physical player you ever played against?
Speaker 7: Was who? Most physical player?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 11: Pekavis from Minnesota. You father was the strongest player that I could say, I played this really okay.
Speaker 7: The most out or than anybody else.
Speaker 3: What was your welcome to the NBA moment?
Speaker 7: Welcome to the NBA moment? Kobe Bryant duncan on me.
Speaker 3: Well, You're not alone in that category there, Dwight.
Speaker 11: Well, that was It was a funny one because I remember actually Brian Grant, he actually after that play, he said, welcome to the league. I'm telling and I couldn't wait to dunk on him back or block his side of some So we played against him in Atlanta Hawks.
Speaker 7: I took it personally to just try to destroy him.
Speaker 3: Did Kobe say anything to you when he dunked on you?
Speaker 11: Uh? He just said in an interview that he baptized me and he woke me up in actuality he did that dunk. Was so embarrassed and I was like, I gotta block everybody's dunk. I put everybody to the ground, and I'm gonna go get me a Defensive Player of the Year.
Speaker 7: So it did wake me up. He baptized.
Speaker 3: He had forty one in that game.
Speaker 11: Jesus Spice, we must have had the thirty eight thirty eight, thirty nine.
Speaker 3: Who is the best player you faced?
Speaker 7: The best player that our face? Ooh we best player that our face? Oh my goodness? Uh skill wise or do you mean like overall overall?
Speaker 3: Just best player? Like that guy is he's different?
Speaker 7: Oh? Man?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 7: Well, obviously U.
Speaker 11: Kobe did a shot in the finals, and I'll never forget the shot. He was driving to the basket and he went up and I put my hands up to try to block the shot, and he took the ball between my arms and then brought it.
Speaker 7: Back, came back up and then shot the shock. It was. It was incredible.
Speaker 11: After that moment, I was like, this, that's the coldest player that I've never played me.
Speaker 3: You think you and Shaq will ever be friends?
Speaker 7: Yes? We Actually I saw him in Orlando.
Speaker 11: Actually after I was inducted into the Hall of Fame. I was out at a restaurant eating with my family and my friends, and the owner said that Shaq was actually at the restaurant, and I said, I'm going to go talk to him, and everybody was like what I said?
Speaker 7: Yes, I'm going to go talk to him.
Speaker 11: I got up, went over to where he was at, shook his hand as do we have a minute a loan and we had a real good conversation, and I was very happy about it. We expressed some things, and yeah, the next time you see both of us together, we'll talk about the stuff that we had a sit down about. But it was a really good talk and I'm glad that the universe everything worked out perfectly for us to be in Orlando at the same place at the same time that I'm a conversation.
Speaker 3: But when did it go south or sideways between you two?
Speaker 11: I have no clue. I really believe that it was outside noise and people. He say, she says stuff like that, and then now I mate both of us irritated. So when I hear something on TV that he says, I'm pissed off about it and I'm responded to him and vice versa. And to be honest, I'm just just like, man, we're too olden. You know, we have children, people who look up to us, and you know, we both need a lot to a lot of people in this world. We both us some amazing things, and you know, we don't need this. I don't I don't like it. I grew up watching Sack. I respect him as a player and a man in a businessman that he is. When his father passed away years back, it's one of the first people to reach out because I knew how much that, you.
Speaker 7: Know, losing his father. You know, it was hurting him. Man.
Speaker 11: You know, I really as a as a young man, you know, looking up to smiling like you know, sagers like my big brother.
Speaker 7: So we just had a miss.
Speaker 2: Unsett Yeah, I thought it was. You were both in Orlando, both had Superman nickname. You end up following in his footsteps to the Lakers. So it's maybe he was thinking you were following in his footsteps, trying to be like Shaq, and for some reason he had a problem with that, that's all I Yeah, well I wouldn't.
Speaker 11: So my thing is this, also, if someone is trying to follow in my footsteps, that means to me that first that's an honor, that's all humbling, and that means that I've done such a great job with my life and my career that somebody wants to follow in those footsteps.
Speaker 7: So I don't see anything wrong with that. No, now I did not do that.
Speaker 11: It's just everything seemed to pan out like it was a mirror image of Shacks like and career. We're both tall, we're both funny, we're both comedians, like to have fun dance, we both dunked the ball a lot with both dominant centers. I understand that we both say we're superman, So I get it. If I am following his footsteps, I should. I would love that. You know, Shack has saved a way for so many big men. He's done an amazing job, so you know that's amazing to follow in the footsteps were one of the greatest, most dominant big men to ever play.
Speaker 3: Who's gonna present you at the Hall of Fame?
Speaker 7: Well, I would love Kevin Gardinett, h.
Speaker 11: Keem Elijah One, and Shaquille O'Neill to walk me in. If it's not Sequille, if he can't do it, Martin Jackson.
Speaker 3: Wait, have you reached out to these guys? Are you reaching out to them now?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 11: Yes, I have to reach back out to Mark Jackson. Mark Jackson's story about him. I met him in high school at the Top one hundred camp, and I asked him could he meet me every morning at around six point thirty to work out before a camp started, and he thought I was playing around and I wasn't going to show up. I told him I was serious about being the number one pick and the best player in the Nations. I was there every morning. He was there every morning. That helped me get better, and I remember that, you know, that really helped shape the mold before the NBA.
Speaker 7: So you know, I would love for him to, you know, walk me in, but I don't.
Speaker 11: I said, I think it's players who have made it into the Hall of Fame, Okay.
Speaker 2: I mean it sounds like you got a posse there, not just one person, Dwight so Shack, Kevin Garnett, Cheam, Elijah Well, you.
Speaker 3: Got to pick one. I don't know. Can you have three?
Speaker 7: I think you can have two.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 11: My favorite player all time is Will Chamberlins, So if he could do it, I would love what chimaman would be there.
Speaker 7: That's my favorite player.
Speaker 2: Uh So, yeah, well that's not gonna happen. So I think it would be awesome. I mean, if Will Chamberlain walks you in, hey, that'll be a pretty great moment.
Speaker 3: He's been dead for a long time. Dwight.
Speaker 2: I think Shack Shack walking you in would be awesome. That would be pretty special to see you two walk in together.
Speaker 3: Hopefully you would.
Speaker 11: It would it would be very special, not only because of all the noise that over all the years. People would love that. But one thing we both say is people would love to see us fight.
Speaker 7: And we're not fighting. We don't need to fight.
Speaker 11: But the moment that people would really love to see is I think that moment right there, and it shows that we have mature in a lot of different ways. We're able to squash whatever beef people to say we're having. And you know, he's inducted me into that level, that that space that he's always pushed me at every single time he's been on uh, you know, the shows that T and T and stuff like that.
Speaker 7: So just to see him do that, I think it'll be really awesome.
Speaker 2: And this I'm gonna script this for you. You and Shank walk in and then you open up your jackets and you got Superman T shirts on.
Speaker 7: Ah, that would be hilarious.
Speaker 2: All right, We just got to get Shack on board, you know. That's it. We get we got a little bit of time, You got a couple of months.
Speaker 11: I think we got some time. I will start working on sending us a more message and see if.
Speaker 3: The work well.
Speaker 2: More importantly, congratulations on all of this, and thanks for joining.
Speaker 11: Us, Thanks for having me man. I don't know you know, I'll be joining the Big Three this year. Play some Big Three basketball with ice Cube and if you have any players that's interesting in playing.
Speaker 7: And I have my whole professional league and Asia. It's called the Asian Tournament.
Speaker 11: We're having a draft April eleven and April twelve this month coming up. We have twelve teams in our league and we want to expand it and get more guys in America and the States opportunities to play in a national ball. Get an awesome job for me my career, and I can do an amazing job of the guys.
Speaker 7: I'd love to give him that opportunity.
Speaker 3: Can Cube play anymore?
Speaker 2: I mean, he messed around and got a triple double Dwight, which I don't know if he really did. Dwight, he kept his own stats in a pickup game.
Speaker 1: You are let me so good?
Speaker 3: Can Cube still play? Can Cube play?
Speaker 7: He can still play? That's why he had it. The four point four point shot.
Speaker 2: Oh man, uh, good luck with all of this, and again and thanks for joining.
Speaker 7: Us, thanks for having man, I have an awesome day.
Speaker 2: That's Dwight Howard going to be inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame in September. Let's take a break. We'll come back with your phone calls after this.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the Heart Radio WAP Seaton.
Speaker 3: What's the poll question for hour two? We got two of them up there right now?
Speaker 4: What is TJ. Watt signaling in his photo on social media?
Speaker 3: Okay? Uh, utah? Get me two?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 3: World peace or trade me peace out?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Peace out?
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 4: Fifty four percent of the audience say trade me a respectable twenty six percent saying utah, get me too. Say a point break reference there.
Speaker 2: How about a two year contract extension two two years two two.
Speaker 4: We also have if you gave Mark Cuban a mulligan, would he take three point five billion dollars still or Luca still on the MAVs?
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 4: Fifty three percent say he would give back the three point five billion to keep Luke on the MAVs.
Speaker 3: How about that?
Speaker 7: Yeah? All right.
Speaker 3: Mark.
Speaker 2: By the way, if you're a fan of the Gambling Podcast, Dan Patrick takes a gamble. We recorded this week's episode yesterday because they were going to make their master's pick.
Speaker 3: So Shan Irving, Bad Larry and Dylan the graphics guy.
Speaker 7: So bad.
Speaker 2: Larry, who's from Jersey, says that he was out at a bar and he got a tip on an amateur. I think his name is Noah Kent. So bad Larry says, Hey, I'm gonna put some money down on him making the cut. He's an amateur. So I'm watching early leaderboards. All of a sudden, I go, oh, there's Zach Johnson, former winner. There's Noah Kent at two under. I don't know where he is now, but he is an amateur. And these guys usually aren't very good at gambling. Bad Larry's pretty good. But you can listen to the podcast. Sometimes we give you marital advice, sometimes we give you well, we give you a lot of different things on the Gambling Podcast. Occasionally we give you some gambling tips. PAULI, do you have an updated leaderboard? And where is the amateur Noah Kent.
Speaker 5: Of course we're following Noah Kent Fort Myers, Florida. He is one under about to make the turn.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll take that. But that's just some of the gambling insights that you get on Dan Patrick takes a gamble.
Speaker 8: Yes, I figured Fritzi would say he has no chance.
Speaker 3: Okay, Internet can't stop him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Kent only hope to contain him. Yeah, absolutely everything fifty percent off at Danpatrick dot com or spring clearance sale as you go to Danpatrick dot com.
Speaker 3: A lot of great bargains.
Speaker 7: There.
Speaker 2: A couple of phone calls in here Andrew in Atlanta. Hi Andrew, thanks for holding what's on your mind?
Speaker 12: Good morning, DP and the day maps. I was calling a reference to the gentleman who called earlier this morning about his test sicular cancer, and you not to make light of it. I've got a friend who has lost both of his plumbs now okay, and before the afford the surgery, he asked for one liners. One of his was when life, when life gives you lemons, cut them off. Mine was these notts are now on a swimsusue.
Speaker 2: Okay, nice, well, thank you Andrew, Yes, sure, Tim and Orlando will be happy to have people making fun of him. He's got one tactical after but hey, he's got a clean bell of health. That's more important here. Jordan in Texas, Hi Jordan, what's on your mind?
Speaker 13: Hey Dan, thanks for taking my call. First time calling. I had testicular cancer about thirteen years ago. Everything's good now, good health. It just so happened that the day I was supposed to have surgery to have the testicle removed was my second wedding anniversary. And on the way to the hospital that morning, my wife hands me a card and the card says, I'm nuts about you, but the s out of the word nut.
Speaker 3: It was singular.
Speaker 7: Too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so this is before you have the surgery and your wife.
Speaker 3: Are you still married?
Speaker 13: Yes, we're still we married?
Speaker 2: Okay, good, all right, Well, thank you for sharing that, Jordan. Jim in Ohio. I didn't think we were doing testical jokes today, but you know, it's what I love about the show. Hi Jim, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 14: Yea, I have a request. I know in the last maybe a week or two, you've got some pushback from some Bills fans that said about a lack of coverage. Yeah, as a Steeler fan, I like the request that you not cover the Steelers, says if at all possible.
Speaker 2: Well, they might give me reason to not cover them unless you get Aaron Rodgers and then everybody's going to be talking about your team. Jim, thank you for the phone call. Yeah, I didn't know that. We somehow are persona and grato with Bills fan so at least a couple of them. They called in that we don't give them enough coverage or credits, and oh, I think this stems back to me gushing over Dan Marino. And then a Buffalo Bills fan called in to say, Jim Kelly is far better quarterback than Dan Marino. He's far more decorated. But the point I made was Dan Marino changed football. He did, he changed football, and no he didn't win, but he went to one Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Jim went to four. And Jim's a Hall of Famer as well. Yes, marm not more decorated.
Speaker 6: I think he just had more team success.
Speaker 2: Okay, but yeah, it depends on how you want to describe to find decorated.
Speaker 6: Sorry, Buffalo. Jim Kelly's a great quarterback.
Speaker 7: Yes he is.
Speaker 2: He's a great quarterback. Matt in Ohio, Hi, Matt what's on your mind today?
Speaker 15: Hey guys, I am Oh, I'm sorry six foot HILLO two forty and I'm not calling to talk about plums or anything. I just wanted to touch up on the.
Speaker 16: Live golf tour thing.
Speaker 15: My thought was, uh, why not just go all.
Speaker 16: Out and do like an and one mixtape tour and you could, uh, you know, have the guy on the side of the green, you know, uh yelling oh baby after you know, just just go all out with how ridiculous that's getting.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you man for that suggestion. Professor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that dude was fun. He was awesome. The professor had a moment there. Yes, that whole tour was was great. Yeah, really really great. Yeah, they had a moment skipped Tom Alou Yeah, they Professor. I think we had him on This was years ago, but he I think was giving clinics on how to you know, with ball handling.
Speaker 3: But he was fun. That was that was fun to watch those and ones mixtapes.
Speaker 6: Do you think Tim's going to that ball handling course?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 3: Well, Tim and Orlando. Wow, Marvin Marvin, all right, Marvin can make that joke Final Hour on the way. Marvin could make that with your small hands. I'm flying.
Speaker 8: Its testical situation.
Speaker 11: But.
Speaker 3: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go clean it up, clean it up. Final hour on the way, King of Comedy. We're still waiting for that comedy Fritzy uh Seaton, Mar Paula years. Truly, we're back after this