Speaker 1: Reality with the King is hosted by me, Carlos King. I'm an executive producer who have produced some of your favorite shows from the Real house Boss in Atlanta, New Jersey and my own creation, The Love and Marriage Franchise and Bell Collective. Every episode we recap reality television from the Real Housewives Franchise to The Bachelor or Selling Sunset, in addition to celebrity guests, whether in the unscripted space or scripted as well. Rain Drops on today's episode Reality with the King Alexis Jansen, I are back to recap. This is episode five, right, Alexis No. Six six six Okay, this is episode six of the Royal House, Washington, Orange County, and Alexis. Before we get started last week, we did as the rain drops right yes, yes, to let us know what their thoughts about this season so far because you and I yeah, some commentary, Brody, you can't answer the Spotify okay, Brody, Broddy wants to be everywhere. Okay, So before we recap this episode, I'm a man of my word, okay, fame here to read you the comments on Spotify, So rain Drops, please go on Spotify you can and leave a comment. Also go on our YouTube channel and you can leave a comment there too. Okay, so here we go. You ready, I'm ready.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of curious.
Speaker 1: So okay, so let me get my dog because Brody wants to let me just show you. Brody come here.
Speaker 2: Well we can't hear him barking back there, so well.
Speaker 1: That's good to know. Say hi to this is my YouTube. Say hi Roady, ooy Brody.
Speaker 2: Are you going to read the puest comments from all of our people?
Speaker 1: What does that put me down? Okay, so here we go. Queen sc says, I love the recaps and very much agree with both of you in regards to the boring and ridiculous storylines this season. I won't read the rest. Uh Nati said, hi YouTube, loving your dynamic. I take the pod to the gym, so thank you for helping me lose weight. Here, Hey, Emily Shade yeh, the show is so boring. I am in tears, like staring into an empty white refrigerator.
Speaker 2: That was a good that's a good analogy.
Speaker 1: Yes, re Sick thirteen. This season is so boring. It's just not doing it for me. Someone with the initial A said, Carlos and Alexis together equals my happy place. So look, those are a few of the comments. I want to make sure that I kept my word to read them to you first as we get into the girlies in Las Vegas.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Alexis you sick, Alexis, I'm not doing this with me for another week. You do not look at foods at all.
Speaker 3: I haven't finished my entire cup of coffee.
Speaker 2: I'm blaming it on that because usually I have a red bull something in my hand at Elani and I went to coffee today and I think it's just not doing it for me. Not enough caffeine. You gotta go back to the law a look.
Speaker 1: If it's a kaffee and not the episode, then I'll take it.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll see. Let's just keep going.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll see, we'll see, we'll see. Okay, So in this episode, we are learning from the girls. Okay. So there was a scene that took place between Gina, Heather, and Carmela, and in this conversation, they are questioning Jen's ability to work with Carmela on this real estate venture and they sort of did like a round robin of confessional bias from Tamera to Gina. Pretty much feeling like Jin isn't prepared nor experienced enough to handle the job right that Carmela is going to offer her, and they feel like she's skipping a few steps when it comes to this. Are they warranted to feel this way or do you think, like, look, let's see what Jen does first, because who knows what she can do? And unless I miss something, Alexis, I don't think Carmela is asking Jen to like help her sell a house, Like did I miss something in this conversation Over the course of the five six episodes.
Speaker 2: No, and I'm so with you. I feel like it's not a big deal. And Jen follows her on a project, learns the ways it works, makes twenty grand, and then decides that this is something she wants to do or not. It's not like she's not offering her come apprentice, Like why am I having a blank? Not Jen? Carmela is not offering Jen the like, come be my apprentice and then I'll give you your diploma. It's like, it's not like that. It's like, how do you know if you want to be a fashion designer unless you've seen a runway show or been in a Gucci store or what you know what I mean. So it's like, how will Jin know unless she follows the way the trade works to find it? To go find out.
Speaker 3: So it didn't bother me that I just don't take it as serious as these girls do.
Speaker 2: It's like, who cares? Are they bummed that they didn't get invited for the twenty grand because I am you and I said, we do it for five.
Speaker 1: Listen, Pamela, we're cheat over here.
Speaker 2: You don't just count. It's another just count Friday, Carmela, we will do it Perford scoop us up because next Friday we might say ten.
Speaker 1: Listen, yesterday's price is not today's price. I agree with you, Alexis. I don't understand the big issue with this, and again last week even said too like are the girls just picking us something to have something to talk about? And the reason why I do feel like this one thing, well one of two, because we'll get to this strange beef between Emily and Gina that isn't tracking for me, but we'll say that in a second. I am surprised that this Jin working with Carmela has become a storyline because it's known on the Housewives franchises that people work together. The housewives work together. You know, back in my days of Atlanta Housewives, you had Candy write a song for Kim Zosiak don't be tardy. Like it's a thing that happens right. She buys Chara, Chara Whitfield. We have Dwight u Banks work with her like it's sort of like a thing to where you really get a chance to see the commonality between these women. And I think what Carmela is doing, based on Jin's own admission of having financial troubles, I think it's a great thing, and I think, like there's nothing to be mad about. I just I just not buying it.
Speaker 2: Gina just start at her real estate while she's been on the show. She wasn't a real estate agent before on her first season. So what's wrong with Jen following Carmela around and then finding out, Oh I really do love this going and getting her license and starting I mean, that's the way I look at it.
Speaker 1: Alexis dances part of the show, just.
Speaker 2: Like Gina did. So why is everybody judging Jen when no one judged Gina for going out and getting a real estate license.
Speaker 1: Eureka and the word of Coprah Winfrey. I'm having a light bulb moment.
Speaker 3: I guess my coffee is hitting after all.
Speaker 1: Any So listen, all those are being like, I'm having a light bulb moment. Okay, it just dawned on me. I now get it. Gina is jealous because she had to go the long way in order to get her real estate license, which is that there's nothing wrong with it, but she definitely had to, Like, you know, listen, she got divorced on the show. First of all, her husband never appeared on the show her first season. Now, sure if you remember this, Alexis, you know the storyline her first season eight years ago was he was out of town and she was in the OC and he was working in Los Angeles, so we never saw her husband at the time. She got a divorce, she went through her sobriety, which I'm so proud of her about, and then she decided to take mathters into her own hands and get her real estate license. And she's really a good real estate agent. But to your point, no one tried to help her. And now that you have Carmela, who is really good at this, giving Jin the opportunity, Now it makes sense why Gina said Jen is missing a couple of steps because she doesn't have to take the staircase to get where Gina's at. She's taken the elevator and now thanks to you.
Speaker 3: I get it, but I think you're a little bit wrong on a little bit, and just hear me out.
Speaker 1: Hear me out, because.
Speaker 2: Jen's not going just because she's getting a first twenty thousand dollars gig offer doesn't mean that Jen gets to skip all those other steps. Everybody has to do everything Gina did, so she's not really getting like a she's not getting an elevator ride, per se. She's getting a really nice perk at front, like she's getting a glass of you know, don perry on before she starts her real estate licensing.
Speaker 3: I don't know, She's still gonna have to do all those steps.
Speaker 2: So I just think out her being upset that like she got offered a twenty thousand dollars you know apprentice kind of moment, and other people haven't you know.
Speaker 1: No, I agree with you. The thing is this, I'm not saying that that's how I perceive it. I'm saying that's how Gina is perceiving it. Clearly, to me, Gina thinks that I'm with you. I think what Carmela is doing is I'm helping a woman find herself and not to be so reliant on her parents Ryan to help her out, to really say, look, look, see if there's something you can do. The bonus is you're not wasting your time. I'm gonna give you some money upwards of twenty thousand dollars and then let's see what happens. But I now get Gina's POV in terms of why, possibly, possibly there could be some jealousy there based on how Gina had to go in her mind the staircase way and in her mind Gena's getting the elevator.
Speaker 2: Well, we did a lot of fact finding just now, did ant, Carlos.
Speaker 1: There we go, there we go. Okay, this is reality with the King, and I'm Carlos King. Let's get back into the show. Speaking of Gina, there seems to be trouble in BFF Paradise between her and Emily. They have been best friends for eight years. Gina says she does feel that Emily has a history, you know, getting into with people, and she doesn't think that Emily sees the error of her ways, but also feels afraid of having the conversation with her because she doesn't know where it's going to go. When it comes to their friendship, look, I believe wholeheartedly they are best friends. I don't think there's an alliance there. I think if I think if they ever God forbid for them, right, I think if they ever got removed from the show, I do think they'll still be friends. I don't think their friendship is predicated off of holding an orange. I think they really do love each other, and you definitely do.
Speaker 2: You do feel that there are friendships that are only predicated by being on the show, though, like you do think there are people that have the alliance or work on the show. You just really believe theirs is true.
Speaker 1: I think Heave of the Bro works with alliances. I think heav of the Bro has coworkers. I think Heave of the Bro's real friends are on the show now, not not for a second. I think, no Shade. I think Tamra is on a show where she looks around and she does have a real friend. I even will go and say the only friendships I think are super genuine is Vicky and Shannon's friendship and Gina and Emily's friendship. I think those are the two sets of friends that if the show ever went away, they will still hang out, keeping keeping contact with each other and go to the quiet woman.
Speaker 2: But see I I add, I add Vicky and Tamra to that too.
Speaker 1: I think they You don't I saw I saw off of a Girl's Trip episode one. Did you see it?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: How could I not see it? By the way, don't we want to talk about something on that?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yes, by the way, thanks Sistuf. By the by the way, what a great segue. So look, you and I both watch All the Girls Trip?
Speaker 2: Yes, and we said to make sure we watched it because we might want to talk about something on our pot for this. So yes, because they relate.
Speaker 3: Okay, so why do we where do we want to pick a part on this?
Speaker 1: South? This goes perfectly because here we are on Ultimate Girls Trip episode one. Giselle Bryant one of the greatest housewives of all time, my top ten. She told Tamra what Vicky said about her her back. Vicky said it. They called the audio of it. I believe VICKI wasn't the way she's being filmed, Giselle tells Tamara. Tamara confronts Vicky about it. Vicky says, look, I do feel that way. I do feel like Giselle is stirring the pot. I don't trust her. I want her out of my life, but I do feel that way. I do feel like you was me Da Shannon. Then Vicki, with her own podcast, doubled down on it, saying that I don't like how Tamra talks to Shannon. I don't like it. So then Tamar responds, Okay, and I'm going to read to you the comment that Timer made to that video, and she says, right here, worry about your own mean behavior hashtag mom shamer. And yes, I do have a good life because I'm in control of me myself, and I I don't blame others for my misfortune. And that was what I was trying to explain. Insert eye roll emoji.
Speaker 2: Okay, So am I going first?
Speaker 1: Or do you go first? Girl? These are your friends? Well?
Speaker 2: I do, and I do love Vicky, everyone knows that, and I do love Tamara.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing, Okay, the only thing.
Speaker 3: It's very objective, and like I said, you just got to be honest.
Speaker 2: Vicky has been throwing so much dark shade at Carmela Deville this season and cracking on her career and cracking on her integrity, all of us on the show. So how is that any different Whatchamra did to Shannon than what Vicky's doing to Carmela. That was my first ding dong that went on be you know, light bulb. Second, it was like every single one of those girls. If you rewind every episode there, you will catch a time when they're all being shady and kind of a little honrie to other cast members. So I don't know. I just think Vicky's really sticking up for Shannon because it seems like that's I mean, that's the viewers. The viewers feel sorry for Shannon. The viewers want people to feel sorry for her. So I don't know, because I don't think Vicky would care if tamer had said that about anyone else me, you know, I don't know. I just I don't get the whole beef with that.
Speaker 1: I think it's what you said, Listen, I am not denouncing the legacy that Tamar and Vickie have being on the show together since Tamra debut season.
Speaker 2: Three, right, so seventeen years.
Speaker 1: Seventeen years ago, So I'm not denying their legacy. Based on what I've been seeing this season, and based on what I saw on the first episode of Automan Girls Trip, I do not believe that Vicky looks at Tamra in the same light she looks at Shannon. She doesn't. I think I think Tamar is somebody that Vicky and Shannon both feel like, maybe just not the type of friend they wanted their lives, who calls things out the way she sees it. I think Vicky and Shannon's friendship is based on they both they both leading each other in a way where they aren't in my opinion, and I'm only basing this off the show where they may not call each other out. I have never ever, ever, ever, ever seen Bicky call al Shannon. Shannon is not innocent and I've never seen her go.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. But Vicky is not innocent either, because, like I said, she's showing she's not innocent from this by how she's treating Carmela this season. So that's what I'm I was just kind of like, it's pot calling kettle black because all of them have done the shade, thrown the shade, and maybe you're right, maybe Tamara. It does scare Vicky and Shannon is a little bit because Tamra does you know, I guess some people can say things in a.
Speaker 3: Kinder voice or in a lighter way. The tamer just or she just says a pit point.
Speaker 2: Blank and it's the same thing someone else might have said, but the way she says it is much more direct or just forceful. And I'm maybe that's what they're scared of.
Speaker 1: No, that's what it was. That's what it was, and that's why when it comes to Gina and Emily, I do think their friendship is real. I think this BS about Oh you are talking over me while I was trying to explain myself. I think it's BS. I think it's for the show. I don't think it has any meat to it. And that's that. When it goes to Carmela, first of all, thank the Lord Jesus for Carmela this season.
Speaker 2: I know where it's going right now, and I knew you were going to be like, I know exactly where you're going and what you're gonna say, and I probably agree on this one.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, I am going to say this and I'm not going to take it back. Thank God for Carmela this season. Carmela to me is the reason to watch season twenty. She the level of personal story she's providing. So she's at home with Danny, her boyfriend. We learn in this scene that she has this rare case of diabetes where her glue close level was really high. When she found out when she was getting breast and plants, they did blood work and all those things, and she has to prepare herself when she even wants to walk or run because of what happens to her. Like that level of honesty. And then in this scene Alexis, she is so candid about the fact that her boyfriend Danny cheated on her four years ago, but she's not over it, and she said, Alexis, she's never getting over it, but hopefully she might get through it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I literally that is so relatable though, because I haven't been cheated on, but like I put myself in that shoe, like what if you know, John did, or what if one of my other, you know, serious boyfriend's had It's like I always have said that I respect the families that still stay together, the husbands and wives or boyfriends and girlfriends that make it through it. But I always said, I don't know how I would be. I mean, when you have children, it's another thing. You don't want to just like disrupt the whole. Like I listened to Ryan's roses all the time. And so then it's the moms that are like that know their husband's cheating and they're like, but we have three kids together, I can't just leave him, you know, And I'm like, yeah, that's kind of hard. You know, you got to see if you can work through it. Carmela was so honest about it, and it's like, I think if she just gotten a little bit of therapy, and maybe she is, because we you know, she's very honest. She would say if she was or not, but maybe they needed to get in this couple's counseling and figure out a way to get past it.
Speaker 3: And I guess her her most.
Speaker 2: Vulnerable thing that she said was the fact that she's like, yeah, I'm not going to get over it, but I love him and I want to make it work.
Speaker 3: Those all can be true at the same time. That's very true. It's just how do you move past that.
Speaker 2: How do you stop thinking about the fact that someone else was stealing his heart at the same time.
Speaker 1: You are no. No, Listen, my experience working on various reality shows. You know what what I have learned?
Speaker 2: Well, have you on first off?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And would you be able to get past it and stay?
Speaker 1: What is different? Listen? And when I say this, I am only speaking from my live experience, right, I am not a woman. I don't have kids, you know I so I think when you are a wife with children, I don't. I can't even I can't even imagine what that feels like. I'm assuming it's the most one of the most devastated things to experience. Right. So my experience, Look, I was in my twenties, you know what I mean, Like it was, it was, it was different, Like it was. My situation with that was totally different. I forgave when we moved on.
Speaker 2: Like oh yeah, oh yeah, yeah, we've talked about this on another we have.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But so my thing is different, got it? Well, I have learned, and that's why I have to say I've learned watching married couples deal with house on various shows I produced. And one thing I have learned, and this may not sound good, but it's the truth.
Speaker 4: Say it.
Speaker 1: If you are unable to forgive your partner for cheating. You need to leave the relationship.
Speaker 2: You have to though she's not ready, you know, I know, I know.
Speaker 1: But the thing is this, and I'm gonna say this, and I'm not saying this to take anyone's side. I don't have a a I don't have a bone in this dog fight? Is that how you say it? Ok, thank you.
Speaker 2: I don't have a bone to pick.
Speaker 1: I have a bone to pick, thank you. So the thing is this, I don't know Danny. I can only based on what he said. Danny is saying. I'm trying. I'm not that many anymore. I I really will like for us to move forward. I think at the end of the day, Carmela, if you truly are a to forgive him for it, then you have to leave the situation because at some point it's not fair to him. It's not fair to him and the reason and I know, listen, I know, I know that doesn't sound good.
Speaker 2: You're gonna get so much for that, and.
Speaker 1: It's okay, it's not fair to him because you decided to stay. You can't. You can't say to me we're gonna stay together, and you beat me up every time you have to. I would rather you leave me and say you did something so abhorrent to me, I have to just leave. But if you're saying to me, I want to stay with you and my my If I'm lying about the color of my underwear and it makes you think about my cheating, I would want Carmela to just leave him. There's there's other men out in the in the sea. And when I say see, I mean, oh c Orange Country.
Speaker 2: Damn good one. Okay, you're on onto it today.
Speaker 3: I feel like also.
Speaker 2: One of the little datas, huh. I feel that he could change. I feel like someone could cheat, whether it's the hi husband or the wife girlfriend, boyfriend could cheat and almost lose the greatest thing they've ever had and realize what was I doing? Like what was that? Or you know. But I also think that you're right. She has to be able to say, Okay, I'm going to get the talk to the people I need to talk to, you know, counselor therapist whatever, marriage, go to marriage counseling, whatever, and and move past this or I gotta we gotta cut the cut the tie, you know, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and listen. I feel bad for Carmelo and I've known women. A woman said recently, her husband cheated on her years ago, years ago. And I want to say, let's let's just say eight years ago. I think it's around that time. Let's say eight years ago, they're married, have kids. He hasn't, He hasn't. He hasn't done anything since, you know, like to her knowledge, I don't. You never know what a man is doing. But to her knowledge, he really hasn't done anything. He's he comes home, he answers her phone calls, they travel together. Eight years later, she revealed to her friends, the reason why I'm sneapy with him all the time is because I can't forget about him cheating on me eight years ago. Oh my god, that's.
Speaker 3: Such torture to live with, Carlos, It's torture to any human.
Speaker 2: You can't. I wouldn't be able to get that vision out of my head either. I would not want to know the woman, first of all, because I would then ask I would picture her every time we're you know, and be an intimate. I just would. I would not want to know who it was. I would just want to keep that quiet.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's it's awful and the thing. And it's also like to Carmela's In Carmela's defense, excuse me, in her defense when she said that Danny bought her nice things while he was cheating on her, that's psychological fuck up. Is hard because the thing is that if I surprise you with a nice.
Speaker 3: Look, oh my gosh, I know where you're going and oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the your bag, and you know, like if I surprised you with your bag, you know, like.
Speaker 2: I just slept with my I just slept with my mistress. So here you go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yes, no matter what Danny does, the guilt gift, the guilt thank you, the guilt gift if Danny, if Danny surprises her, and the trip to and K goes, if Danny surprises her with a new face left, if he's surprised.
Speaker 2: Her, coming right now, the flying off the shelves at the store, yes, you know, come on, come on, come on.
Speaker 1: If he does anything, the torture alexis of her having to question, are you cheating on me? And that's why for me, I would say, the thing is this, you don't have kids of Danny. You don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but her kids have now been a part of his life for four years and he picked them up when she had gone through the divorce and they were aching for that. So I feel I can feel all of that because of being in a similar situation. You know, it's like they've got a bond with him, they've got a love for him now because of him picking them up off the floor. So it might not be his kids, but they're kind of his step kids. They live with them, they you know, they're all together. Yeah, yeah, yeah, But I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna go out on limb here because you don't like to state the facts. Yeah, I think, Carmela, if you're not speaking to a therapist, I think it would help you because they're there is something about you staying with men who cheated on you. You're not divorced from your husband. Ah, I feel like Carmela has to do the work up. Why is it hard for you to let go?
Speaker 2: Wow? Right, that could be part of it. Wow did you get did you have a second degree in therapy?
Speaker 1: Well? Do you want to hear a funny story that I think some people may know? In college, I majored in journalism, but my miner was in psychology.
Speaker 2: Okay, I was gonna say that was really I would never have thought that thought that you just had. But you're right there. Wow, you're smarter than I thought.
Speaker 6: Ah, I thought you were kind of but now you're like, like, really, hey, I'll take it.
Speaker 1: I'll take it. I'll take it. So but that's why my my hope for Carmela is to do the work. Because at some point, if if Danny is truly storry he and in four years he hasn't done anything to prove to you he's done it, then I think I think for the sake of her sanity and his, she should walk away from the relationship.
Speaker 2: Well let's see, it can all unfold in the next couple of years.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, wives work, you know, or episodes. So so here we are with Gina and Emily. You know, they're doing their Vegas thing, trying on the costumes and everything else. And here Gina tells Emily what Heather said, and I promise you, Alexis, I'm going to try to get through this without sarcasm.
Speaker 2: Well, I've been doing this with you for a while and I don't think it's impossible, But go ahead.
Speaker 1: Okay, work with me here. I'm no Alexis. Heather told Gina that it bothers her that Emily and Gina share room and that they talk at nauseum.
Speaker 2: I thought you said, no sarcasm.
Speaker 1: I'm here to report the news. My major in journalism is here to report the news. So heaven's a bro who has a house the size of the White House. She is upset that friends best these of a years when they're on a cast trip, that they share room because they talk at nauseum. Alexis as somebody who's been on the show, who's been on trips, can you please do me a favor and shed light on why this is an issue. I have perspective, which I.
Speaker 2: Have perspective that's going to be interesting, but okay, so good. So it's kind of like they said, eight years ago is when it all started, right, Well, you know what's funny about that math is eight years ago was their rookie season, their hazing season, the season the first season that they get on the show.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: It is never desired by any housewife who want to share a room with someone else.
Speaker 1: You do not.
Speaker 2: You want to go in your room and decompress. The two rookies that were on that year had to share a room somewhere because they were the two newbies, and so they got in the rooms together, and then it kind of just stuck. It saves it. First of all, you don't always get you know, if you if you rent a villa, you don't have enough rooms for all the housewives. You got to kind of bunk up. We've seen that on even on Beverly Hills, you know, like Sutton took the one for the team and roomed with with with a man. Yeah, no one was like jumping at the bit to do that'll please pick me, pick me, I want to share a room. No one does that. And so Emily and Gina had this happened eight years ago and it kind of just stuck. So then their second season, they're like, producers are like, can you guys just share a room together? Like that wasn't so bad?
Speaker 1: Sure? Why not?
Speaker 2: Here they are now they're best friends and they're doing it now. The women are all jealous of it and want to be sharing a room together. I'm like, come on, are we in high school still? For real? I don't care who's in a room together. I want to go put my head on that pillow. I'm so done talking after.
Speaker 3: Right, It's like I could care less about I don't.
Speaker 2: Even care if one of my kids were in my room with me. I probably just say good night, Kenna.
Speaker 1: You know, like.
Speaker 3: I just cannot even take it. I'm like, Okay, what is the deal?
Speaker 2: And why do you think it bothers Heather? Is it? Maybe it was what Gina said. I just remember this. Gina said, it's because you don't feel like you have a person or of what she worded, you know someone to be your buddy, a buddy. It's a buddy's system, have a buddy, and so maybe that's what's bothering Heather. I don't know, because I share in the heck, don't care.
Speaker 1: I don't give two shits about It's it's strange to me that this is all of a sudden become an issue like and I'm glad you shed light on it, because that is true. We saw this with some and saying I took it for the team. I share the room with Amanda as if it.
Speaker 2: Was Amanda's the rookie. So they all knew Amanda's getting in that room, and then someone's got to be the bigger person that's not the rookie and go in with her. And because that villa in Italy didn't have another bed somewhere. I mean, you can always choose a couch, take a couch if you don't want to share a room.
Speaker 3: But like, yeah, so see, my rookie theme is true. I've seen it many times. I had to do it, I don't. I think I had to share. I think one season I shared.
Speaker 2: Who did I share with? I don't even remember. Now that's weird, but I know I've had to do it because I was a rookie, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to your point, it's rare too, and two rookies are on at the same.
Speaker 2: Time exactly, that's my point.
Speaker 1: That's yeah, No, that's true, that's true. This is reality with the King, and I'm Carlos King. Let's get back into the show. So they believe that Heather is upset because she wants to be in control. I'll say this. The word controlled, yes, I think is more so of controlling the narrative in terms of what they're saying about her when they are filming in that said room that they're sharing together, and how that's becoming an issue because Heather doesn't want their conversations on camera to be shared with the world. That's what it is.
Speaker 2: But what doesn't make sense to me Carlos is it doesn't matter what two women end up going to share room together. Let's just say that it ended up being Jen oh oh and season eighteen, Jen and I had to share a room together and big bear. So there you go.
Speaker 3: And what if it had been Jin and.
Speaker 2: Heather that had gone and shared a room, They're still gonna gossip about what was just what you just shot and say a couple of words about a god that was annoying or whatever. So why does it matter that it's Emily and Gina that are doing it, Because it doesn't matter who's sharing the room with who there's gonna be a little bit of a talk going. I just don't get why it's it's about them too those two, Like is how they're worried that they're scheming something behind them? You know, I don't know, I don't I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, I don't know. And that was a thing for me. It was sort of like, is it something else that out of nowhere? Because even when Emily said, like, we've been doing this for a long time, why is all of a sudden it's an issue? And then I'm like, please tell me this isn't Heathery're trying to make this a storyline. I'm not buying that there's trouble in Paradise when it comes to Emily and Gina. I just don't see it. I'm not seeing it, and I'm not buying it. I'm just I like this. I'm not buying it even when listen, you know these women, even when they have a conversation. I'm talking about Emily and Gina in their share the room together where they're talking about like their friendship and how they are trying to get past this rough patch. Well, you were talking over me, and I was trying to help you hear it, and you know, I don't want you to say anything about me to Carmela, And I was mad that you said that. Emily's like, for eight years, I never told anybody anything we talked about. What are your thoughts on that? You know, Gena and Emily? Excuse me? Is this something that you think is a real issue for them? Because I can't see it.
Speaker 2: Wait, which one is the real issue for them?
Speaker 1: Is what Emily and Gina both feel like their friendship has hit a rough patch based on Gina feeling like, why would Emily talk Carmela what I said about her?
Speaker 2: No no. And Gina even said in the hotel room with Emily, she goes or no, Emily goes. Gina, I have over the eight years, you have told me so much information that has never left the vault. I've never, you know, dishonored you with any of that information. So you know, I'm not out here but just blabbing to people. I think I think Emily just didn't think it was a big deal enough to that she had to keep it under wraps. You know. I just did that with my kids the other day. Miles had told me something and I just spouted it to Kennon Mogus. Miles goes, why would you share my private information? I said, well, God, that does not seem private. That does that seem like something you'd go run and tell Kenna too. You know, I think that's probably what Emily and was thinking. She's just like, well, I didn't know this was that big of a deal, Like you didn't pick apart Carmela's body or something. You know, you're just commented on the bag.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm you.
Speaker 3: I you list how I correlated my kids to the situation.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love it. I love it because it goes to show you that look you can feel that way. And that's why what I always tell people now, so little tip for people not reality stars, because you already know whatever you talk about on camera with the person's not there, you have to tell them what A said. It is the game of telephone, so we all get that. But in tells of your children, one thing I've learned is you literally have to make this disclaimer. This is between us. Ain't that the craziest thing? Alexis. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And usually that's why when one of them tell me something that they're like, don't go tell another siblings I am. I am a vault. And now they'll even others will drill me and be like, well, what was that conversation about. I'm like, step out of the way. It's none of your business, you know. But like but no, I just yeah, I don't know. I think I just can't. I mean, like you said, it's like we're just waiting for some real, real drama to actually happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So the Cavs have a dinner and in this dinner, Shannon and Gina get into it because Shannon feels slighted by Gina that in last week's episode, during the Carmela grilled down that happened. She felt that, you know, Gina was pretty much trying to shush her. Shannon says that she has every right to speak. Shannon says she has every right to speak as much as Gina does. Gena apologizes. Shannon apologizes for overstepping.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, that's the way normal women have conversations at dinner tables, you know, that's I think what you're missing is that we want the non normal, the abnormal, the abnormal. You're wanting to throw the napkin moment or a you know, an abnormal dinner party, and we're getting the way normal women behave. Well, that hurt my feelings. Okay, I'm sorry, Okay, move on, dees He please.
Speaker 1: You took the words out of my mouth. I'm literally was about to say, where is the napkin being thrown? Like do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Where where is Lisa, Rinna Tully, Kim Richards. You know, don't talk about my husband, you know, listen, I'm not advocating for things being thrown, so so don't be so literal rain drops. I want to say that, but to alexis point, Okay, you do have every right to speak breaking news ladies and gentlemen, Shannon has every right to speak, and Gina apologized.
Speaker 2: Gina apologized.
Speaker 3: There we go.
Speaker 1: Gina apologize, and Shannon says, apologize for ever stepping There we go. The room situation comes up again election and Jen says it does feel like a buddy system when Emily and Gina share a room. Then Gina proceeds to call out Heather and tells Heather as she's getting the sushiet away from her hair, which, by the way, can I give have a compliment? Alexis please?
Speaker 2: Yes, I love it?
Speaker 1: Okay, because I know people think I don't do that, so I want to. I want to give her a compliment.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Heather's hair looks amazing in this dinner.
Speaker 2: I like it short like that.
Speaker 1: I do too.
Speaker 3: I like her haircut on her and not everyone can pull that haircut off.
Speaker 1: No, I love it.
Speaker 4: Heather Mark August fourteenth, at one fifty four pm Eastern Standard time, Okay, ten fifty four your time on the West Coast, Carlos King gave heathern to Bro a compliment, and I don't want to hear shit about it from anyone else.
Speaker 3: And we love we love Heather's hair.
Speaker 1: Heather has the best hair. Love the hair, keet that hair. I love it. Okay. So Heather's getting the sush away from her hair okay. And Gina says to Heather what Emily said to her, and also said like, look, I don't want to fill micro manage and I am setting a boundary. Okay, Alexis.
Speaker 2: Boundary accepted. Okay, well we got that figured out.
Speaker 1: Boundaries are being set and stood up for herself again, had their the bro.
Speaker 2: So mature suiting out of this group right now is just it's just something to put in the books, you know, such good maturity.
Speaker 1: It's good to see the maturity on another level. Did I miss anything, Alexis that you wanted to talk about?
Speaker 2: What else was there? I guess they just ended it well, they ended it that Jen said she would end up moving rooms or whatever, and that's how they ended it, and that she wouldn't get married to Ryan if Ryan came to the to the chapel, she wouldn't because she wants her kids there, which I get. I get that. Remember those two scenes.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, I like that.
Speaker 2: Jin said, I'm just I'm just over it, so I'm gonna move my room because I just want everyone happy and this was my girl's weekend and I want everyone happy. And I was like, okay, nice, yeah, okay, well what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen, I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, I need another cup of coffee, but you don't have time for you to wait.
Speaker 2: For me to go make one.
Speaker 1: So Alexis said, okay, Carlos, Now what I'm like head of the episode?
Speaker 2: I mean, Alexis, I I fastest beast episode.
Speaker 1: Unless I missed something, Alexis, I think that's okay. So that's what happened. Vegas one down, maybe two more episodes to go, Vegas maybe maybe two.
Speaker 2: I guess it looks good. Next week looks a little bit more interesting. So see how I said, let's wait till episode eight. Did you watch the trailer of oh see yeah from for episode seven?
Speaker 1: Now you mean you mean the next for next week?
Speaker 3: You watch trailer for episode seven? Were they show coming up?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: I thought, see how my predicament might be right because I'm trying to look at half glassful. By episode eight, it might take off a little more because I thought next week's episode looked the teaser looked better.
Speaker 1: Explain to the rain drops your reason for that? Because I actually agree with you.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't remember everything now, I know that they're still in Vegas.
Speaker 2: There's a couple TIFFs that seem to be happening or stirring that I think seemed more organic or like legitimately what somebody might be upset about.
Speaker 3: And so I just thought it looked you know, I just thought it looked more enticing.
Speaker 1: Now listen, Carmela seems to be getting into it defending herself, which is why for me, I'm like, I really am enjoying Carmela. Carmela. It has a The good thing with Carmela is she's not trying to insert herself and other people's drama, because that could come across off putting, right, Yeah, like she even I believe was it a Hefler who said this to her? I forgotthhood. It was when they said when they gave her kudos for standing up for herself in last week's episode where everybody was attacking her, and how she was able to handle it, not get out of character, stay how she felt and they had to move on from it. So next week we get to see more of that, and look, I'm here for it.
Speaker 2: So I agree with you, and I like how Carmela. It seems like she even you know, she doesn't step her into other people's conversations like you said, or or arguments, but she also was very forgiving when people come to her and say, look, I'm sorry if this came across her, I was hard on you or we all jumped on you, and Kamara was just like, okay, fine, that's what I kind of like. It's just like she kind of reminds me of like Amanda Francis and the fact that she doesn't let things get her all and she just wants well off. She's like, eh, fine, whatever else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I feel like for her, she's sort of like I get the show. I've watched it. Like she's not somebody who's like, oh my god, it's so dramatic. She's like, I get it, I expected it, and we're gonna deal with this. So no, I I agree with you. So rain Drops, let us know your thoughts. On episode six, Season twenty of The Real House of Washing Orange County, Alexis and Album will be back next week and we are hoping, praying, wishing, manifesting, Amanda Friendcess, some dramatic shit's gonna happen. It's gonna make us talk about it, Okay, all right, Alexi, you know to find us rain jobs. Alex, I love you and I will see you on the next one. Boom. Hey guys, bye bye. The Reality with the King is executive produced by me Carlo King, produced by Jamie Schaeffer in partnership with The Black Effect Podcast Network. You can also find us at our YouTube channel at the Carlos King Underscore. I'm also dropping tons of exclusive episodes on Patreon which you don't want to miss. Make sure to subscribe to that too,