Speaker 1: Misspelling with Tori Spelling an iHeartRadio podcast. So I think this is something. I feel like I'm an open book. Everyone knows everything about me because they tell everyone everything about me. But there's one thing you guys don't know. Bump bump bomb. I'm Tori and I have a passion for organizing my refrigerator. Isn't that weird? And I never knew I had this because I'm just I mean, I always tell everyone I'm super unorganized, messy, like you know, self professed hoarder, like whatever kind of all true. You would never think like I can't even keep a calendar, you guys, it's all up in my brain like writing something down. Ooh that panny, imagine doing that. But the thought of me like keeping refrigerators super organized. And I didn't realize that I had this love, like this deep passion until like one day I was super stressed and I started organizing my refrigerator and I was like, in my brain while I'm doing it, I'm like, why am I doing this? I'm going through the motions. I'm not an organized person. I don't have things like in order, like and here I am. I'm doing it. And the more I did it, and the more it became organized, and the more I took like, like, I've I have a line for my pickles. My pickles are all lined up. Sorry, I don't know whys have pickles. That's so random. But we're big like pickle eaters in this house, so we have many jars of pickles. So I'll be like, okay, I'm gonna go from like the savory pickles to the sweet pickles, to the small like cornishans aka gurkins, to the large dills like and I organized it that way. And then like my my drinks, so like I have to go sparkling water. I know I don't drink water, but whatever my kids do, and it looks good in a refrigerator, let's be honest. So I have like my coconut waters lined up, and like my sparkling waters. And then oh, my kids are really into like the ollipops, which is the probiotic sodas. They say they're good for you whatever. I don't know. So I have those lined up and all like the names have to be facing outward, like nothing can be to the like side, and it has to be a perfect line. And I guess you would say this is OCD. But all I know is once I am done with that refrigerator, I get off on it. Like I'm like, this needs a man. I just need a sexy refrigerator. Like, oh, don't get me started on my cheese drawer. Oh my god, I love a cheese drawer. So the cheese drawer, like we have the cheese and meat drawer. And I got to come up with a new way because I'm like the ziploc bags. I feel like or thing in the past, and I feel like it's not very environmental friendly, so I need to come up with a better solution. I did try Temperware, and I would have like things organized by like small, medium, large, and then the colored tops. I was really happy when they started doing like not like Temperware per se, but like a Tepware esque line. They started doing metallics because I'm a metallic girl, so I believe in mixing metals, so I would have like different ones in there. But no matter what I buy in the tupper esque realm Teperware went out of business. Correct, did you guys hear this? I make this sense?
Speaker 2: What we went?
Speaker 1: They went bankrupt? Okay, I could have sworn someone the other day it was like Tupperware went bankrupt. I'm like, what, how is that even possible? Like the OG line, I mean, I guess there's so many like copies. There's nothing like the og.
Speaker 3: You know, it filed for bankruptcy, but it is under new ownership now, so it still exists.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, how does that even make sense? The Tepperware, like everybody in the world has Tepperware could file for bankruptcy.
Speaker 2: It says it's because it's citing declining demand and mounting losses, struggling to adapt to the modern marketplace. I wonder that has to do with the kind of plastic it is.
Speaker 1: Because it's plastic and not glass. Correct.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, or maybe the kind of classic I mean, my nineteen seventies tupperware is like legit, legit, wood, sturdy, legit, probably toxic classic say, probably toxic toxic?
Speaker 1: Oh? Is that why all the ones now are like glass?
Speaker 2: Probably because glass is better and it's better for you to microwave.
Speaker 1: It's just so heavy. I mean, the glass is sexy, but it's so freaking heavy. And then yeah, my friend the other day, I know, tried to give me water, but it was like, I don't know it was like a strawberry like fancy like strawberry basil, like guava water whatever, I don't know, mixing all the fruits and herbs, and he's like, are you gonna drink that? And I was like it's so heavy, Like I got two things fighting against me right now. One I hate the intake of water, and two I'm just not strong, Like I could barely hold this glass bottle up, which is the whole thing with Like okay, So going back to my tepperware, no matter what type of tupperware I buy, and I was very into like everyone being like this is the way to organize your fridge, Like you don't want bags of you know, fruit and like your meals and stuff. So I got all the tepperware esque and had really cute metallics and everything. The lids are always disappear. It's like that sock in your house, like the sock you know when you're doing your wash and there's like one sock every single like laundry load. And maybe it's because I have so many kids and everything, but like everybody, it's like where did that sock go? It got sucked into the black hole of the like washing machine. So my Tepperware esque containers. I always lose the tops, but I don't know where they go, and I wish in some world there was a way you could attach it so that the lid is attached to the container.
Speaker 3: I have to aware like that, Oh you do, yep, Well.
Speaker 1: I really need it if you could send me the link to that, because it's like it's like babies, Like when you have a baby and you have like their socks on, like inevitably one sock just falls off and it's just gone. So like when I had my children's line, Little Maven, I created like kind of like snap on socks, so it was attached to the onesie and the sock you could take it off and then you could snap it on so that you never lost a sock because babies you always lose one sock.
Speaker 3: You just do, by the way, when you make that for adults, because I always seem to lose the sock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can, yeah.
Speaker 3: Attach it to my onesie.
Speaker 1: So I'm all about the one.
Speaker 2: Wait.
Speaker 1: I want to continue to talk about fridges, but gosh, I really want to talk about a onesie right now because another one of my favorite things in life besides organizing refrigerator. Do you think I'm OCD, like the perfect organization of my refrigerator.
Speaker 3: Nope, you're the opposite of OCD.
Speaker 2: I think it's a control thing because why like you should share while you were organizing your refrigerator.
Speaker 1: Oh so I was organizing my refrigerator yesterday because the kids and I have all been sick. We had neuro virus, and it's just I was so stressed and I was just like, oh my gosh. And to ease my stress, I was like, you know what, I was starting to feel a little bit better, and I was like, I need to do something. Everyone's still like laying in bed and stuff. And I was like, I went down and started organizing my refrigerator. And that's when I realized, and I shared with my friends and producers here that I was like, I have a passion for organizing refrigerators, but not anything else, Like I don't want to organize my closet. Nope, my bathroom ooh whoa. It's like craziness, Like there's not one speck of unused space on my bathroom counter. Like if there is a space, I will use it, Like there's shit everywhere.
Speaker 3: But your refrigerator is completely organized.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and now the kids won't upkeep it, so in like a week or two, I'll have to come back and organize it. But yeah, I have like my we love cheese, so we have like my hard cheeses to like the SENDI soft cheese to the soft cheese, and then like kid friendly cheese, which is like you know, the stream cheese, and the baby bells and stuff, and we have baby beilt lights and regular baby bell But yeah, it's just so oh, don't get me start with the condiments. And I got the condiments.
Speaker 2: Love.
Speaker 1: I love condiments, so I separate like my different mustard from my regular mustard to my like you know, grain mustard, and we love like we love Asian inspired foods, so we have like a whole What I really need is a massive refrigerator because I do have five kids, you guys. So I'm not trying to be like, oh, I need special treatment, Like I really do need one of those oh those beautiful you see the ones? Have you ever seen that one on the Kardashians where they just like walk in I think and the Real Housewives one of them haws it like you just it's almost like a pantry you open a door to a closet and it's the entire refrigerator. But again, that would not be budget friendly for me, because if I have space, I will use it. That's like my purse. I don't carry a random thing. I don't carry a purse, although I have a massive purse collection because I love purses.
Speaker 3: What do you mean you don't carry a purse. You totally carry a purse and everything under the sun, and oh.
Speaker 1: My Tory Poppins bag, that's not a purse. Oh well, what is it? That's a lifestyle.
Speaker 3: You would like win every round of let's make a deal with that part where they're like, does anybody have a safety pin? Does anybody have a diaper? Does anybody have it's in your Mary Poppins back.
Speaker 1: That's the beauty of it. I don't even have kids and diapers anymore. Yet I have a diaper.
Speaker 3: I have been a witness to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's probably expired to should throw that out, but yeah, anything and everything. So yeah, but I don't technically carry a purse like I did for years. But I think with so many kids, I finally got like I couldn't just walk around with a purse because with five kids, it just wasn't. I didn't have hands available. I couldn't. Yeah, and then oh, I was very excited when the crossbody was in. Oh and when fanny packs made to come back. I know you're supposed to call it a belt bag now whatever, that was my jam because usually I just need to put my phone in there. You were thinking, id, but is.
Speaker 2: That bag anywhere close that you can like bring it over and see what's in it out of curiosity?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, okay, good, Okay.
Speaker 1: So I just went to get my bag and it's, oh, it's really heavy right now because I just collect things in it, and then when it's time to run out places, I'll go abit and just keep it in my car because again I don't use a purse, so like when I go anywhere with the kids now and this is just like a new thing. This is the Tory two point zero. I think I used to carry a purse before my divorce, and then afterwards. Now I'm just like, okay, I keep my phone in my pocket, my d debit card, credit card, whatever, lipstick, Like, I don't know nothing. Oh you know what happened? My style changed in the last year. I think because I went through a divorce, I like suddenly like kind of I don't know, a lot of people will be like, oh, stop dressing like a teenager, and I was like, I want to. I like the style, Like these are the trends right now, like cargoes came back in and like big pockets and big jeens with like I have jeans with like fifty pockets on them, not really like fifteen, but I can put all my stuff in there. So like, wellhy carry a purse. It's just another thing. I'm already traveling with five kids making sure like holding Bo's hand, like you know, I don't need to have a purse as well. But I do have what all of my friends call the Tory Poppin's bag, and it's a magical bag where there's anything and everything in it. And so this usually just resides in the back of my car. Well, I move it now. I move it inside out every single day. Anyway, what's in here currently You never know, you never know what you're gonna get. And my friends find it funny, like sometimes they'll be, oh, let's go through to the Tory Poppins Bag and like it'll be the most random things in there, and they find it like it's like a game for them. I'm like, it's not funny. This is my life. Oh you know what I currently have in here? This isn't normal.
Speaker 2: My baby bookound.
Speaker 1: I found my baby book.
Speaker 3: Why are you carrying it around in your Tory Poppins back?
Speaker 1: Because I found it and Selah and I were going through some boxes and found my baby book and I put it in there, oh, to show I was going to see a friend and I wanted to show him, so I brought it. And then it stayed in there because I was like a week ago and it just hasn't left there. Where am I supposed to put it? Organized that? Am I supposed to stick in my fridge? I don't know. Oh my god, you guys are gonna like this one. Can you see? It's a callous remover. She's greater for the heels. It's it really is.
Speaker 2: It's in the package.
Speaker 1: Still, it is in the package. Yeah yeah, she'll probably never do it, but I at least bought it. I thought I was being funny, like we talked about on the podcast, like, oh my heels are so dry. So I bought it at CVS. It went into the Tory Poppin's bag and it'll stay in there forever. I have my dog Muso that my daughter knitted, sorry, she crocheted, so he's in there.
Speaker 3: You take everywhere with you, don't you take what the mussell.
Speaker 1: I do when I travel, like because I miss him so much. So yeah, that's like my good luck thing. I'm trying to think if there's anything. I mean, I don't know what you guys want me to pull out of hair, just anything. I think that bar supposed to be refrigerated, So that's not good anymore, like a lotto ticket. I wonder if that's any good.
Speaker 3: How old is that?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I mean the wear and tear on it. It's not pretty. It's like almost silk now, So.
Speaker 2: I still have the bar code on the bottom because you could just get the gas station and scan it.
Speaker 1: Do you think I'm going to do that.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go to the gas station. I have a lot of the kids go inside and skin it and see if it wont any money. Toy.
Speaker 3: You've probably won multiple lotteries and you just have no idea.
Speaker 1: Imagine.
Speaker 2: Yep, I can't wait.
Speaker 3: If you don't play, he plays, she just doesn't check.
Speaker 1: I stopped playing. My friend Wolf would be like, we have to play the lotto, and so we'd be like, it's up to this, you have to get a ticket. And we always have this thing like and wolf is Justice has been my best friend chess, and he was like, you know, we have this thing like if either of us win, we split it with the families and like, oh my gosh. So he still plays it every week and I just kind of I gave up because I didn't check the tickets. So today, I mean, I have lots of brushes, Like.
Speaker 2: Why do you have so many brushes? Do they do different things?
Speaker 1: No? No, they're just in my bag. Yeah, I mean I have a lot of hair like extensions. So no, because it'll be like one day I'll be like running to a photo shoot or something. I'm going to do something and I'm like, oh, I need a brush, not realizing that the Tory Poppins back it's so full I can't even go through it. So I'm like, oh, shoot, what if I need a brush? So I throw it in there, but then there's already five others in there that I haven't removed since I have a sharpie, cleanx lip winer, SCRUNCHIESE one sock it's not a.
Speaker 5: Yeah like.
Speaker 1: Pain stick. Oh, I have this cool thing, get rid of cold quickly, this summer red light therapy, doing a lot of good.
Speaker 3: In the bag.
Speaker 1: It's not even in the bag. It's not even in here, empty box even Oh good, I can clean.
Speaker 2: A car charger.
Speaker 1: There's just miscellaneous stuff, Ruth. And you've gone through my purse, like it's the little stuff like I need zip blocks, I need tupperware for the purse.
Speaker 5: Ooh you need.
Speaker 3: I have gone through the bag, and I have to say it has been so satisfying clean her bag.
Speaker 1: It's oddly satisfying.
Speaker 3: I assume it's similar to you cleaning the refrigerator. Where yeah, like we focus on somebody else's mess or yeah, I have some small compartment of our lives and it makes us.
Speaker 1: Jilbore pain sticks. I feel like there's nothing fun in here, Like this isn't fun, you guys, there's nothing.
Speaker 2: But get to the bottom.
Speaker 3: I'm sure there's something interesting.
Speaker 2: At the bottoms.
Speaker 1: Look, you're like keep going Hotel keys, okay, Like literally, like this is when I traveled to New York. This is when I had to travel to Kansas City, Like just keys, weird. I like to save hotel room keys like you really do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like a memory for your tip, but like compact, what do you do with them? I just saved them. I don't know. I don't do anything with them right now. It's like I have a box of credentials. Like any show I've ever worked on, I've got in a credential. That's cool. I have a box of credentials, so I don't have to keep anything. But I have something that has every single thing I've done, and it's compact, like hotel rooms are compact.
Speaker 3: Historically, when I've gone through your bag, Tory, I have found many individual extensions.
Speaker 2: Of those little new te Gina face wipes are bombed.
Speaker 1: They're so good.
Speaker 2: They're so good. Yeah, I love those.
Speaker 1: Let me see if I have any extensions right now.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of excited that it hasn't been a diaper yet. Kind of felt like there was any heavy one hair extensions. You keep hair extensions in there, I mean.
Speaker 1: Not on purpose, like they'll come out and I'll be like, oh, that's embarrassing. I'll stick in the bag because I never clean.
Speaker 2: Out the bag.
Speaker 6: So yeah, I haven't watched a bunch of those contacts lots of loose change bottle caps.
Speaker 1: Like this is disgusting. This is like, oh ship my kids homeworking and turn in today.
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Oh uh United Airlines dental kit. It's like a fucking tampon bag. Like what it's weird? Uh yeah, sorry, there's usually more fun stuff those toys. Oh yes, my favorite butterments.
Speaker 3: How old are those?
Speaker 1: I don't know? But do you know what the butterments are? We've talked about this. No, Like it's like a sweet it's they used to keep them in candy jars at the host to stand at a restaurant.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, like the round ones that kind of melts in your mouth.
Speaker 1: Yea melt. They melt like butter, but they're like a sweet peppermint. Yeah, those are my favorite. I feel like they're very old school.
Speaker 2: Yeah. If I go buy a host of the stand and it's got one of those strawberry wrapper candies with like the strawberry gel in the middle, I'm on.
Speaker 1: My second favorite candy. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they say at least those are wrapped, because the butterments are usually not wrapped, and they say they're they contain like fecal matter because peopill touch them. Oh, I was just about to eat that, but my mouth's watering. I love it so much, ok it, but I'll save that for a little Contacts, lots of contacts.
Speaker 2: Ear phones, makeup, lots of makeup.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I just don't know how many Yeah, how many? Uh, I'm not sure how many concealers one person needs. Like it's hand sanitizer. See, I'm not dirty, I'm just messy.
Speaker 2: But yeah, So what's the difference between keeping your bag organized and keeping the fridge organized? Oh?
Speaker 1: Because this would make my life easier. So anything that's like makes my life harder I tend to do.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's because the refrigerator isn't as personal and you focused as your purse, so it's easier to deal with.
Speaker 1: Maybe. Yeah, the person is just overwhelming to me. Like Glasses and I.
Speaker 3: At one point both lost our car keys at the same time. Remember that we have a video of that, and we were sitting in.
Speaker 1: Rosanne Poppin's bag too, so don't let her fool you.
Speaker 3: Sometimes sometimes and we both had to jump our bags on her boy to find the keys to each of our cars. We did, though.
Speaker 1: Eventually I've lost my carties many times, and they're in my own bag. Ewh, there's like press on nails in here.
Speaker 3: I bought Tory one of those phone cases that has a compartment for credit cards.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I refuse to use it.
Speaker 3: Because her credit cards are usually loose in her bag just everywhere. So I bought her the phone case and she promised to use it, and then.
Speaker 1: She lost it in her house. Yeah. Well, I refuse to use it first and second of all, then when I went to use it, it was lost. It was too late. Bill's Oh shit, jury summons. Oh my god, Jerry, we just open it or just throw it away.
Speaker 3: I throw them away unless it's sent certified. They can't they can't prove the future.
Speaker 1: They can't find you.
Speaker 2: Oh they can't help.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I went once. I did it once. I was jur sixty nine.
Speaker 3: Literally, of course you were.
Speaker 2: Of course, where I live, the police come to your door and hand you the summons in your hands, they come to your house.
Speaker 1: I just wouldn't answer the door.
Speaker 2: I tied.
Speaker 1: I have a lot of hair clips, like little rubber bands, like this is I'm over this.
Speaker 2: Oh that was a fun little trip down, Like what's in Torri's bag? Like it. It's like disgusting.
Speaker 1: Apple says, Oh the Beverly Hills Hotel.
Speaker 2: Do you think every mom has this bag?
Speaker 1: Nope?
Speaker 2: Do it?
Speaker 1: Yeah a version, Yeah, But the thing is usually it's like stuff like we're dancing, like a diapersman in there. Like usually it'll have stuff in there that's actually semi useful for the kids. But like I've taken it one step too far. It's just like it's a hot mess. But I really do enjoy when my friends clean it, like I one because it's like they're so shocked. And two it's like instant gratification for them. It's like so soothing.
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 1: So it's so satisfying. So I like, I'm a giver, So I like to give people pleasure so fair they can go through my nasty ass bag and organize it, it won't stay organized long. I got to tell people that, Like a one time, my friend like filled it with like zip block bags. So yeah, like all change when in one ziploc bag all of my makeup, when in one zip block bag all you know, all medications, one zip block bag all credit cards and you know in one and it was just like stuff full of zip block bags. It didn't say that way long anyway? Do you want me to that in my other path?
Speaker 3: Remember, Tori, I told you somebody I used to work with, yes, gotten a hold of my wallet a million years ago, which was overstuffed with receipts and cards I didn't need, and she was horrified and said, we have to clean this out. There's no way new money will come in until you clear out your wallet so that there's room. And so I think it's the same thing with your bag. You know, every time you clear out the bag, you make room for new, better things to come in. Because when I cleaned out my wallet, I made some money.
Speaker 1: Well, oh, yay for you, and I'm gonna check this lotto ticket so it might be something here. I think I just want to start over with my bag, like I just want to like, so, what's.
Speaker 2: The what's the takeaway from today's episode?
Speaker 1: Tory, I'm weird. I love to clean out of fridge. Do you guys call it fridge?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh, someone told me I was weird for calling it fridge. I was like, my parents always called it that.
Speaker 2: I only call it fridge, Okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I always call it fridge. But a lot of people are like, what what'd you call it? That's like, oh, so I'm OCD about my refrigerator only, and I love to clean out of fridge and organize it. I have a Tory Poppin's bag that has the most bizarre findings ever in there, and it's overstuffed and it's chaotic, just like my life, and I should probably clean it out correct. So the takeaway clean up my purse