Speaker 1: I want to get to mister Scottie Pippen himself, the Chicago Bulls legend who won six championships with Michael Jordan. That Scottie Pippen, well, he's had a lot to say about his former teammate recently, and it hasn't been that flattering.
Speaker 2: Take a listen.
Speaker 3: It's not even worth talking about the two of them. When you ask who's better Lebron or Michael, you can't ask me who's the goat between Lebron and Michael. Neither one of them are goats. They both won differently. You can't put them at the top of the pinnacle. Magic Johnson, to me, is a bigger goat than anybody because of how he laid, how he brought a whole team. How when the greatest scorer in the game, karm was not there in him as a rookie center steps in and plays a position that no one even knew he could play. That's transcending what you can do as a player.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to be nice, I really really am, But what Scotty Pippery just said was some straight bullshit, especially coming out of his mouth.
Speaker 2: Before I get into it. However, that sound bite that y'all just.
Speaker 1: Saw courtesy of Patrick Bett David's podcast, The PbD Podcast, which I've been on as a guest. He had Scottie Pippen on as a guest, did a great job interviewing him. By the way, that sound bite raised a few eyebrows. And now other NBA players are coming to Michael Jordan's defense. Most recently was Carmelo Anthony on his podcast seven PM in Brooklyn this past Friday. Check out what Carmelo Anthony had to say.
Speaker 4: And you can't do this every time, though, Scotty, like you done been in the bunker with MJ. You don't been in the trenches with this guy. And you signed up for the Breakfast Club for six years like you was part of that. Don't take that away from the guard now after all of these years, where you whatever feelings you feel about him, like that is who it is, that's that's that's MJ.
Speaker 2: Like you know what time it is with that as far as lebron goes, lead that man alone.
Speaker 4: Later alone, Scottie like pay how muche to magic but lead them just the ghosts of our league, man, those are the three whatever issues you had with Broun, like lead that ship alone, Scotty like nobody's Bron ain't even thinking about you, like no mind even like matter of fact, Broun, this is a situation where Bron need to see Scotty.
Speaker 2: Like nothing square.
Speaker 4: But we got Now you're talking about man conversations to.
Speaker 2: Me, conversation like what the is going on? You can't keep MJ's a goat this day and my Lebron is the go better than MJ this day? All six years later? You know what, both of them matter. Magic been the goal.
Speaker 1: See, that's why Melo's my man, because Melo's a real one and he's honest. Scotty is not that he's dishonest, is that he's bitter. Now, let me be very very clear, I go off the reservation per se when you say you're hating on somebody just because you don't believe they're the go Scotty Pippen's opinion. He's a six time champion. He's one of the greatest players in NBA history. He's a top seventy five player of all time, one of the elite defensive players the game of basketball has ever seen. You can never take that away from him. Okay, but the issue with Scotty Pippen, in his opinion is that it has waffled, it has waved, and Melo was absolutely right to point that shit out. The fact of the matter is, when you look at Scotty Pippen years ago.
Speaker 2: MJ was the got.
Speaker 1: He's a national TV on NBA to death, if I remember correctly on ESPN. Sit up there talking about Lebron. It great, but he won THEMJ then you get pissed off of MJ. But Lebron is the goat. Naw, Now it ain't even Lebron.
Speaker 2: Its magic.
Speaker 1: Magis's five time champion university recognized the greatest point guard in the history of basketball and was a winner because the nine NBA finals that dominated the eighties, and he would showed Tom and he was a facilitator and he was all of that. That's fun, even magic and Bird said Michael Jordan told them to their face, it's a new sheriff in tam We all know what Tom it is and what makes it so sacrilegious, which is what Mellow pointed out. That's to catch you in the bunker with See, we not talking about the reel when it comes to Scotty Pippen and all of this. We not talking about the reel. You won six championships with them, Remember he retired after the first to repeat. Remember how you couldn't get it done as a member of the Chicago Bulls courtesy in part of the Hugh Hollands call against you on the Hubert Davids jump side of Madison's square garden. I get that bop, but she still don't get it done. And then the very next year, Michael Jordan comes back. Y'all get bounced out in the second rounds of Orlando Magic with Nick Anderson and those boys. But prior to that, you were kicking up your sneaker showing the Jordan emblem on the bottom, begging them to come back.
Speaker 2: But you asking back for that.
Speaker 1: It was your team, same team, by the way, that you got pissed that and deserted because Phil Jackson called the final shot for Tony Kokoch.
Speaker 2: Remember that.
Speaker 1: You're talking about Jordan this way. Now you throw on Lebron and you're saying, don't nothing, no matter but magic. Could it be that you're bringing up magic because Magic was a facilitator and you thought yourself as a facilitator. We wasn't a facilitator even though you played point forward, you wasn't driving in the lane and dishing it out like Magic did. You were helped running a triangle and you were an elite defender, but you wanted to quit, to quit the central what the typical point guard that Magic Johnson was, so you didn't mirrory his game either. Who's it gonna be next, Scotty? And why is it gonna be somebody else? Could it be because you're better? Could it be because of the last dance and you're still salty about that? Could it be because when it was time for you to get paid, even though Michael Jordan had advised you not to take the money because it was a bad contract, you didn't listen to him and then ended up being bitter and trying to hold out and all of this other stuff. Could it be because when Michael Jordan retired and you win and you took your talents to Portland that you couldn't closed the deal and Shaq and Kobe put you up out of there in the game seven. All of that happened, but you talking, damn. I appreciate Carmelo Anthony calling it out like that. He didn't get as specific as I did. But the specifics that I threw out there is exactly what Carmelo was talking about. Lebron don't need to step to him like what's this, what's this?
Speaker 2: What's this?
Speaker 1: All he's saying is that neither one of them is to go to me, but they Lebron's to go to this generation.
Speaker 2: He just ain't the goat over mj It is what it is.
Speaker 1: My nephew, Josh wanted to be in on this segment two because you had a lot to say about it off the air, So go ahead and tell an audience what you have to say about it.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm on Scotty's side in a way what you're me.
Speaker 2: And the reason.
Speaker 5: Why is because I got two questions for you, because you keep bringing up what happened when Michael Jordan retired. If Scotty Pittman retired at that same time and Michael Jordan was playing with Steve Kerr Tony Cook coaching them, would they have won a champion?
Speaker 1: Wrong question? The right question is two parts. Number one, would Michael Jordan have quit on his team and refused to enter re enter a game because Phil Jackson caught the final shot for somebody else with then to answer that.
Speaker 5: Question, would Phil Jackson call the shot for somebody else Michael Jordan exactly?
Speaker 1: That's my point.
Speaker 2: No, he wouldn't have.
Speaker 1: He would have let Jordan decided, you know why, because Jordan was a better offensive player than Scott so Jordan would have been in a position to make a better decision. That's how John Paxton hit a game, win a shot to win a championship. That's how Steve Kerr hit a game, win a shot to win a championship. What Scotty would do, naturally, Jordan would draw attention and create an opportunity for somebody else because his greatness offensively was so supreme that you expected him to take the last shot so he could defer to somebody else to make sure they had a wide open shot. Nobody was keening on Scotty Pepper like that because Scotty Prippan didn't have that kind.
Speaker 2: Of offensive repertoire.
Speaker 1: So that's number one.
Speaker 5: When Jordan was gone and it was Scotty Pippen and Tony Kugo, you're gonna choose Tony Kugo's to take the last yoar.
Speaker 2: The last shot.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're not saying that. Scottie Pippen wasn't a better all around player Tony, but Tony kuk Coach was a better shooter.
Speaker 2: That's it, just shooter.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm a better offensive play.
Speaker 1: But a last shot is a last shot. And so if they're keying on you, if they're keying on you, Tony kok Coach is a guy that you trust to make the shot. Scotty Pippy could make a play. Tony Kukoch could make a shot. Don't act like you know basketball.
Speaker 2: Like I'm not calling the play.
Speaker 5: Holyrom Scotty, would you would you have refuse to re enter the game?
Speaker 2: Is it my team or not? Would you have refused? Did? Shut the hell up?
Speaker 5: That's not the point.
Speaker 2: That's the point. You didn't answer the chot answer.
Speaker 5: The question was the question, Josh, would they have one if Scotty Pippen retired.
Speaker 1: Under the same conditions?
Speaker 2: Listen to me, Listen to me good. If the Bulls were.
Speaker 1: In the same position that Scotty Pippen was, to remember, they wouldn't that series against the Knicks. They probably end up going to the finals, and then they would have played Houston. Do I believe that the Chicago Bulls could have beat the Houston Rockets.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: Now again, I'm telling you they're not a lesser version of themselves if Jordan is there instead of Pipping. That's my point to you. Whether they win or lose, they're not a lesser version. The Chicago Bulls are not a lesser version with Jordan than they were with Pipping.
Speaker 2: That ain't happening.
Speaker 1: Nobody would disagree with me on that one.
Speaker 2: That would not happen.
Speaker 5: Michael Jordan on the Bulls in the playoffs record is worse than Scottie Pippen's Bulls record without Jordan.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, Scottie Pippen only had a couple of playoff series without Jordan. That Jordan and Scottie Pippen played for since the eighties with each other. So the six championship hold they played like eight nine years together. Scottie Pippen played one year without Jordan. So you can't compare the number. Stop this move on this. Okay, you sound all right? That's number one. What was the other part that you was gonna say about Scottie Pippen? You don't even remember.
Speaker 2: Let me get my points though, I can't. This is my segment.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, man, anything else you want to say about Scotty Pippen because you sound.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 5: I feel like between me and you, you're the Michael Jordan of our situation. It's cool to be Scottie Pippens sometimes. So I got this merch and MS speaturing me and you on it.
Speaker 2: Church or Barrow.
Speaker 5: That's me because that was me holding That's when Michael Jordan, you know, had the flu or whatever Steven Aggas six sometime and I ended up carrying him, so I ended up I ended up putting that on a on the shirt, so I got one for you, extra lodge.
Speaker 2: Good Bye Murder. I see y'all, I see y'all.