Speaker 1: Earners. What's up.
Speaker 2: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like The checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most Ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank, a lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding of professional's routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 3: You know, it's a lot of people that are struggling in this economy. You have to have the have nots and the riches getting richer while the poor is getting poor. Yea permanent recession and a lot of people are struggling, and there is a food crisis.
Speaker 1: I believe they said.
Speaker 3: One out of every five or one out of every four children is living in poverty, malnourished.
Speaker 2: M h.
Speaker 3: And Lupey Fiasco said something that was extremely insightful one time. And he's from the South side of Chicago. He'srom the West side of Chicago, and he was saying that he went to go speak to to kids at school, and what he realized was at that school that he went to speak to, the kids were going to school not to learn, or not even to play sports, and not even have a social They were actually going.
Speaker 1: To school to eat yep, because it was a free It was.
Speaker 3: A free lunch, bro and they got free breakfast too, so they got two free meals out the day.
Speaker 1: So let's hear what with the CEO of Kellogg has to say about this situation.
Speaker 4: Some of the things that we're doing is first messaging. We got to reach the consumer where they are. So we're advertising about cereal for dinner. If you think about the cost of cereal for a family versus what they might otherwise do, that's going to be much more affordable.
Speaker 2: I'm all for.
Speaker 4: Innovation and marketing, but the idea of having cereal for dinner. Is there the potential for that to land the wrong way? We don't think so. In fact, it's landing really well right now, Carl. When we look at all of our data, of course we would know that breakfast cereal is the number one choice for in home consumption. We understand that for breakfast. It turns out that over twenty five percent of our consumption is outside the breakfast occasion, a lot of it's at dinner, and that that occasion continues to grow as well as the snacking occasion. But cereal for dinner is something that is probably more on trend now and we would expect to continue as that consumer is under pressure.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, it was a few things. The one thing that the smell took me out when he was just like, I don't think so grey, and he was like, oh, he said, as consumers under pressure, the under pressure consumers the cereal for dinner play Okay.
Speaker 5: Can I speak my mind?
Speaker 1: Please? Please?
Speaker 5: I want everybody on Twitter and Instagram to call for the fire and of him immediately. Not only is it insensitive because he's not eating that shit for dinner.
Speaker 1: Cereal is not healthy.
Speaker 5: So the food that we allow in the United States of America to be consumed other countries will not let the dogs eat it.
Speaker 1: It is not healthy.
Speaker 5: The nutrition of value in cereal over the last thirty five years has went down I think sixty or seventy percent, and the origin of cereal being mainstream in the United States of America was to drop the testosterone levels of males in the country. I don't think that him and his wife and his friends are eating cereal at night. So I don't think you should actual for consumers to do something that you're not doing. I think it's impoor tape and opposed to telling them a better option for what that they could do to probably make more money, which is the premise of this show. You're telling them to eat cereal, which is already bad for the kids they eat it. I'm disappointed in him. Stock is okay. I mean the stock should have dropped about forty eight bucks. The last time the stock had a high was in twenty fifteen at eighty seven bucks. I think he should be fired immediately. Though these are my thoughts, these are reflective of Ian Dunlap and Red Panda only earn your leisure, Troy, Mike Rashad, et cetera. But he should be fucking fired go home immediately, so Rad Panda, everybody in Red Panda, I don't never want you to buy ketlog cereal for the next five years. Like it's that when Carl Kintonia tells you to walk it back and you don't like Carl very rarely on on air, will embarrass somebody and tell you to step a step your comment back, like Mark Haynes was the one back in the day, should do that, Maria bottle Romo, that's impooran taste. But if he's talking like that, now imagine what other food CEOs are talking about behind the scenes like that. If this is a sign that they don't care. I don't know what it is, but I think he should he should step down.
Speaker 1: Well, there was there was a thing called the French Revolution, and there.
Speaker 3: Was there was a there was a woman called Maria internet Good and when the people were starving in the street, she said, let them eat cake.
Speaker 1: What you said, and they took it. They took a head off because of that.
Speaker 2: This is so I don't I'm no's this is actually the opening scene in the new Napoleon movie.
Speaker 1: That's the opening scene there. You have it.
Speaker 3: So and even to podcast reference, you know when after after a while, when people get so so hungry they going cannibal. I think that he that was a metaphor. But so what, Okay, let's unpackt this a little bit. Cereal shouldn't be eating for any meal at all, it's not even a real food, right, it's just made up.
Speaker 1: It's just made up. Yeah, it's a food product. It's not food. It's a food product. So technically you shouldn't be eating cereal for any mail of the day.
Speaker 3: But I don't know the difference between eating it for breakfast or dinner if you're gonna eat like it's one of these things where it's one of these things, right where you make a food to support the dairy industry, right, even breakfast. The whole thing with Breakfast America is all is the greatest marketing tool ever. Why do we eat eggs and drink milk for breakfast? Because they wanted to support the dairy industry, which are huge lobbyist to Congress.
Speaker 1: Nobody.
Speaker 3: There's never been scientific research that says that eggs are more beneficial at eight am than they are at ten pm. A lot of things we don't question, a lot of things we don't question in life. I eat eat, I don't really eat breakfast food. I don'tly technically you say you're only supposed to actually really eat fruit before twelve o'clock anyway, flush out your system. So taking emotion out of this, I think that what he's trying to do is find creative ways to sell his product. Now, products is extremely harmful at any at any time of the day.
Speaker 2: Do they make special Okay, I don't know special case that we're talking about the frosted flakes of the world.
Speaker 3: So I would say that at best it was uneducated and ill informed at best, At worst, it was extremely unsensitive and completely heartless two people that are struggling to actually.
Speaker 1: Put food on the table. Right.
Speaker 3: Yes, I don't think that cereal at night is a solution to hunger. I don't think that's a hunger. But we all must have empathy, and I think this is what happens when you lack empathy. What I've realized is that there's two worlds. There's two countries in America, and it's hard for any it's hard for the other side.
Speaker 1: To relate to the other side. This is why police brutality.
Speaker 3: Like, if you live in a white neighborhood, you've only had good interactions with cops your whole entire life. They come through on like the fire trucks and they give out candy canes, and they do like the crossing road when the school closes and stuff like that. So you can never really imagine that a cop would just brutally beat somebody for no reason. It's unfathomable. You have to think, Okay, well they had to do something to deserve this, because cops are the greatest people of all time.
Speaker 1: The flip side to that is that if you.
Speaker 3: Grew up in a neighborhood where it was economically depressed, you probably never had a.
Speaker 1: Good interaction with a cop.
Speaker 3: Ever, you only know them as bad, so you can never really look at a cop as being good. Neither perspective is wrong. It's based off of your own life experiences. Very few people have the opportunity to cross over and see things from the other side. So what ends up happening is that you live a life and you're in your own algorithm. We're all in our own algorithm, right, So you don't you don't really even understand certain things because you never went through it. You don't know anybody that went through it, So your empathy level has dropped to an all time low. And this hap this is a perfect example of that. So I think we can use this as as a learning point. I don't necessarily want to just throw him under the bus here or they threw himself under the bus. But I think that it's important for all of us to have more empathy, us included. This is this is a learning situation that hopefully we can all become better people from and realize that, you know, if we're fortunate enough to be blessed with some level of prosperity, that's a blessing, but it's never to be taken for granted, and you can never forget humble beginnings and people that may not have as much, because there's always going to be more have nots than they are halves.
Speaker 1: I think is the word you got it.
Speaker 2: I think it was completely tone deaf, but it also was.
Speaker 1: I don't even want to call it shocking.
Speaker 2: It was very like, okay, this is the type of talk that happens when they think no one's listening. They just saying it to y'all front, straight up, like completely tone deaf, completely not even caring about the consumer, right, like take these products. And when I was thinking of it, I'm just like, man, I remember when Segul was saying, like most nice eight sleep for dinner just because of the hunger that they did.
Speaker 1: This dude saying that was.
Speaker 6: Just like he's it's charger more than ever for if it's through the fourth air. And so here's the thing.
Speaker 2: Right before these people, especially every CEO and we we've come in content with a lot of CEOs and hot network people. Before they ever speak in public, they have a team of people coaching them on what Tuesday?
Speaker 1: Yep? So at what.
Speaker 2: Point were you prompted right and went over the questions and here's how you're gonna respond. Did he not say, like, I know, nobody thought that that would be ill advised or they just felt like.
Speaker 1: Yo, I don't care, we don't care. Yeah, he didn't care. He doesn't. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Frost the Flakes, Fruit Loops, Mini Wheats, Rice, Chrispis Raisin Brand pops, Apple Jacks, Vector Cracking, Honey Smack's Crave Smart Start pop Tarts was one of the worst treats you can give a kid ever in life.
Speaker 7: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from El Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christino, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 1: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.