Speaker 1: Tony, you don't know about this.
Speaker 2: I just happened to see a little bit about it, but I'm not quite sure how it all came together. They're saying people are doing a lot more of and that is spading, right, It's an act.
Speaker 1: It's an action. It's a verb spaving. Do you spave? Do you cuddle? Yes? But do you spave? She might spave? I'm wondering if you So you do cuddle? What is spooning?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 1: Interesting?
Speaker 4: Because like, spooning and cuddling are based on the same thing.
Speaker 1: What's the difference in a cuddle and a spoon?
Speaker 4: Nothing?
Speaker 3: Well, you can cuddle a bunch of different ways, but you can only spoon one way.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, So like, so a spoon is a cuddle, but a cuddle could be more than a spoon.
Speaker 1: Right, But spave has nothing to do with that, Like.
Speaker 3: I don't know nothing spoon My kids per se.
Speaker 1: But you spave?
Speaker 3: Oh I spave and I need to be better at not spaving.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what is spaving? Somebody help me?
Speaker 3: Is the act of spending money to save money? When you think about that, are you really saving money?
Speaker 1: So by spending?
Speaker 2: Meaning like if you buy It's like the deals where you could you buy one, get one, buy two, get one.
Speaker 3: Right, you see something on sale, Oh my gosh, well this sweater was only ten dollars, so I.
Speaker 1: Really love it.
Speaker 3: But boy, we saved money exactly. But that's still ten dollars coming out of your bank account. So were you really saving or should you just not bought the sweater to begin with?
Speaker 2: But you feel so good if you spaved, don't you really do?
Speaker 3: It's it's weird enjoy that, like you get released from your body. Spavers can't resist a good sale. I am right there with all spavers.
Speaker 2: The thing is, if you go back and you look at your numbers because you spave, did you end up spending more? In the long run, you might have gotten more, right inventory. I end up spending more dollars for that inventory.
Speaker 3: And when I come home to a finance guy like Michael and I tell him, oh my gosh, look at this new jacket I got, But the original price was this, and I got it for.
Speaker 1: This And let me play the role of your husband. Why do you need that? Well, because it was so cheap, But what about this blue one here?
Speaker 3: Look how much I'm saving because the original price was this, and look how much I saved because I.
Speaker 1: Got it on sale for this amount.
Speaker 3: It was only fifteen dollars.
Speaker 4: My girlfriend does this all the time, Like she got she has a coffee maker, she doesn't need a new one, and she's like, but it's on sale. I've never seen it this low before. So she like bought a new one. And I'm like, Bobby makers break.
Speaker 1: I break them all the time. Was not broken, so I'm like, it will break. Don't have to go.
Speaker 2: I mean, you don't want to go a morning without your coffee machine working. I've been there, You've actually lived through it with me.
Speaker 1: It's not fun.
Speaker 3: Another spaving trap that you can see is when they offer free shipping online. If you spend up to fifty dollars or up to one hundred dollars and you're right around sixty.
Speaker 2: Five or you would have bought one thing and paid for shipping it had been much less exactly.
Speaker 3: What they're like, well maybe I'll just buy a few more things. Now you're searching online like should I get some statulas? Like I don't even you know exactly like that always happens to me, So I don't know what the what the moral here is like just buy weight, to buy something full price when you actually really need it.
Speaker 2: What's just be aware? I think it's about it. It's an awareness campaign exactly