Speaker 1: This is Unbreakable with Jay Glacier, a mental wealth podcast, Build you from the inside out. Now here's Jay Glacier.
Speaker 2: Welcome Mental Breakable, Mental Wealth Podcast with Jay Laser. I'm Jay Laser, and I like to have guests on from all walks of life. Obviously, my life is usually the world of football and fighting, so it makes a lot of sense to have a lot of football people on. And you know, I'd say one of the most interesting and dynamic characters now in the National Football League has been for quite some somebody's back in the NFL, but this is his first time on the Unbreakable podcast.
Speaker 3: Welcome and Chargers head coach Jim Harborough.
Speaker 4: How are you, buddy, doing great? Jay, Good to see you. Gratulations on your wedding.
Speaker 2: Thank you, buddy, appreciate him. Man, Never too late, buddy, even a guy like me, It's never too late.
Speaker 5: I hope you showed a lot of people that picture of their wedding day with the rainbow over you and your double row.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, you know, Jim, you know it was the coolest part.
Speaker 4: So for now, that's God work.
Speaker 3: But you know what's cool for me?
Speaker 2: I was talking about being in the gray I call it the gray went like my depression, anxiety and the bipolar and ADHD and all of it together. I called the gray right, And I wake up every day like that. So when we start getting married, it's just the two of us.
Speaker 3: We looped her there to the mouth of coast and it starts getting gray.
Speaker 2: And I think the old Jay, who didn't do all this work in himself, definitely would have been in the tank and like, oh man, here, man, why me? And here it comes again? Of course I deserve this. But that day I said to Rosie, my wife, I said, you know, it's just starting to drizzle cut gray. I'm gonna look at it differently. Maybe this is like our loved ones crying for us. I'm gonna look at us a good way. And literally I said that, and she agreed. And then the skies opened up and gave us this double rainbow to get married under, which is a great thing for me, Like, just have a little faith and sometimes you got to go through the rain to get double rainbows on your biggest day.
Speaker 3: It was really cool, man.
Speaker 4: For sure, LICENSE couldn't have it to do a better guy.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that. Man, I don't know about that but I appreciate it. Hey, so, you know, I want to dive into a couple of life lessons here from you, but before that, I do want to ask kind of more culture things. Yeah, so you brought in to obviously redo the culture, if you will, of the Chargers. What's the difference in trying to build a new culture a college program, which you've done several times, and trying to rebuild a culture in an NFL program, which now you're.
Speaker 3: Doing twice, because hey, cultures everything.
Speaker 5: There's really not a whole lot of differences between you know, building a strong team in college and in the NFL, much like a family attacking each day with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind together and so many things to it. But yeah, not a lot of I wouldn't say there's many differences between NFL college and your family at home. I mean, you're two great loves, right and those those to me are my two great loves, you know, family at home and the family to hear at work.
Speaker 2: There's two things right here I want to hit first of all, advice, Right, I got this card here, Jim Harpau's advice, and I love it.
Speaker 3: I love it, and I'm sure you have it in front of your I'm probably probably don't need to have it. Do you have it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Right there?
Speaker 2: Okay, I kind of want to go it because I want to teach people this because I think there's great I think a locker room and what you can learn from football, like I think the rest of the world's messed up in a locker room's not. You know, a locker room, but you could joke about anything.
Speaker 3: You could whatever it is.
Speaker 2: But man, you will fight it out and love it out and you got no problems in the locker room. It's over in two seconds. So there's so many football lessons that equate. And we're talking about building mental wealth that equate to building mental wealth for the world.
Speaker 3: So let's go over with us. Let's start first. You have Ted right there every day okay, Yeah, I want you to dive deep in all these men.
Speaker 5: Okay, Ted there every day. That's an ackerman. Ted is the ackerman for there every day. And it's just something about being there every single day. No question that you get better at football by being there. It would take a bone sticking out of your of your body for you not to playing a game and for your teammates to know that you're going to be in that same seat sitting there every day.
Speaker 4: People can count on you.
Speaker 5: There's just something about that that that speaks volumes for what kind of teammate you are. And I think the first thing that people look for in a teammate what's in another person's heart? You know, are they for us? Or are they for themselves? I think that's the first thing we try to detect. You know, dogs are really good at it. Dogs are you know, really good at you know, finding out you know, what's in it? What's in somebody's intentions?
Speaker 4: Are you know, are they gonna are they gonna be nice to me? Are they gonna feed me? Are they gonna hurt me? Are they gonna take care of me?
Speaker 5: And human beings are nine hundred times better at detecting and you know what's in another person's heart.
Speaker 4: That's really the first thing.
Speaker 5: That that we in that locker room, that that teams setting that that we want to find out about somebody else?
Speaker 4: Are they about themselves? Are they are they for us?
Speaker 3: So it's really consistency. You're looking for consistency, you know what you're getting?
Speaker 4: Yeah? There every day?
Speaker 3: I love that. Is there a way to coach that or is that you need?
Speaker 5: That's a that's a good one. I mean I think everything everything is. We're always a work in progress. We're always either getting better or we're getting worse. So yeah, I would I would say that that's, you know, something that can be self coached. I mean, there's self talk, but it also can be coached in by by somebody that that you respect, somebody that you you know, that you trust, you believe in. So somebody like a coach, a teacher, just a professional. Really, I mean, who's the expert. Who's the expert in? Is it a doctor? If there's something wrong with me, I want to get the advice of my doctor, you know, my personal physician, you know, not not not my butcher, not my barber, not the internet.
Speaker 3: Definitely not the internet.
Speaker 5: Who is that expert? And the way I was raised there was I was raised Jay by my dad, Jack Harbaugh. Whoever the expert is, you listen to that person and you do what that person tells you to do, and if you do, you will be successful because they know the subject matter better than you do. I love that, whether that's the professor, where that's the coach, you know, certainly would be would be the doctor, would be my recommendation.
Speaker 2: I love that too, you know, I think you know, I started coaching Next Martial Arts in like two thousand and seven and teams started sending US players and just we teach guys the fighter mentality.
Speaker 4: I was gonna ask you, so in the fighter, what kind of fighting was it? The MM yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, So Derwin James our safety. It took me a day and a half.
Speaker 3: Jay, right, he's one of the guys I trained.
Speaker 4: Great job.
Speaker 3: He actually tore my bicep ten and so screw him.
Speaker 4: You talk about.
Speaker 3: Tell you to say it took you a day and a half for what with Durwan?
Speaker 5: Okay, day and a half to realize, like everybody, just look at Derwin James and to exactly what he's doing.
Speaker 4: You know, how he approaches the.
Speaker 5: Meetings, the training environment, the practice, everything he says, what he wears. I mean, it's it's everything is just to the highest standard and he brings us joy in this enthusiasm. I mean it was like, what are some of the examples, Coach KENO, can I can I wear a hoodie underneath my jersey?
Speaker 4: Or can I have my T shirt out? You know? Uh, past my, I know, I don't know what. Why don't you look at Derwin?
Speaker 5: Look at Derwin Shade, See how there's a true professional, one of the the the best, the very best in the gay you know, just this mindset and the way he attacks and goes about his business. And again it is anything and everything for the team to be successful.
Speaker 4: So maybe it's just.
Speaker 5: Been lucky because I guys at Michigan who is just like that, you know, Blake korm and Junior Colson and Trevor Keegan and Zach Zim.
Speaker 3: But that's the easy ones. That's not the guys.
Speaker 4: Jay McCarthy said that you talk.
Speaker 2: About the easy ones, Jim, Come on, they're not all like that, dude.
Speaker 3: That's the way. They're not all like Derwin or else they all be a pro Bowl, right.
Speaker 5: You know what, though, the smart ones will be like Derwin. You know, the smart ones will be like like Justin Herbert, because you.
Speaker 4: Know, just pick a guy, pick a guy you know that's that's really doing it the right way, the best way.
Speaker 5: That's having success. And just you know, here's some simple advice. Just watch them, you know, and then emulate them and then go make that person proud of you, you know, because that's gonna be your best self. Really, I mean the hanging around the Johnny Frick arounds, you know, I mean the guys that are you know, on some Bullsmith you know, four or five nights a week going out do it, you know, not not taking care of their bodies, not the not taking care of their family their god given responsibility.
Speaker 4: You know, that's not your best self.
Speaker 5: So yeah, it could just be that simple, Jay to just to just watch Derwin James, you know.
Speaker 3: Just yeah, find out who the best isn't.
Speaker 5: Emulate him, you know, and then go see if you can make him proud of you.
Speaker 3: Man. I love that, you know.
Speaker 2: I always say, like, find know who the best, doesn't do more than them, but I never thought about that.
Speaker 3: I know who the best is to make it proud of you. That's I love that, man. That's what. Yeah, that's I mean.
Speaker 5: I don't think there's any way anybody's gonna go surpass Justin Herbert, but yeah, you could. You could emulate him, you could watch him, you could try to keep up with him, you know, and try to make him proud of you. That would be that would be enough for you know. By the way, Dargan has the sting where he's so grateful for the coaching, for the improvement.
Speaker 2: Like he honestly, man, he's one of the favorite dudes I've ever not just trained, but been around in this league of.
Speaker 3: My entire life.
Speaker 4: That's what I get to go to work, right. Yeah, it's just the same. I mean, it's just yeah, you just want to like rub up, you know, rub shoulders. Give me, give me some I'm a give me some of that what you got.
Speaker 3: Give me some of that magic. Yeah, no doubt. You know, he is such a good dude. Man. He was like, and we have a great community where we are to He's like.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for for bringing me in this community, said Deurmot. Of course, man, you're you're great. You lift us all up. He goes, No, no, I want you to hear me, thank you for this, Like who does that? Like he is such a great Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'll give you another example.
Speaker 5: Today this morning we're Derwin, Justin and I and I think Ben Herbert is gonna come with us too.
Speaker 4: We're gonna go down and see the Navy seals.
Speaker 5: And I asked if they wanted to go, and Justin yes, that would be that would be a tremendous honor.
Speaker 4: Derwin James. Yeah, let's go, coach. Let's let's get that now.
Speaker 5: I'm so grateful to uh, to the men and women that protect our country.
Speaker 4: You know, let's go not like, let me check my schedule, let me let me see what I gotta do.
Speaker 5: You know, that's a long day, coach. We got mandatory mini camp later in the night. You know, just like you know, let's go get it. Let's go get let's go get it. Let's get that same way, the approach practice. Let's get this work, coach. Let's uh you ready, let's go those kind of guys. And there's others I got. JK Dobbins. You know, he's another kind of guy. You know, just uh, you've been around JK. You know you know what I'm saying. And uh, I guess so many favorites already, Sean Slater and Zion Sion is amazing, Scottie, Matt Locke. I could go on and on of the Joey Bose has been been just a thrill to be around. Khalil Mack just the same kind of guy. Just watch them emulate him. See if you can go make them proud of you.
Speaker 3: I love that, all right.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get back to your advice here, four keys to happiness and descending order.
Speaker 3: Bring the Jim Marvo, pick a job you love, don't.
Speaker 2: Get better, get better, outwork your competition. Mary Wisely, I gotta tell my daughters don't marry dumb.
Speaker 3: You can't trust them with the decision they will make.
Speaker 4: Pretty much right there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's some key advice to some things I've learned. But the one thing you said in there, you know, don't get better, get better. You know, to me, there's there's so much in that one right there, and it's really just changing the eye to the e right, don't get better, get better. Don't be the victim, be the hero, you know. I mean, if if somebody's gonna write their story, say they were a novelists and they were writing there, they write novels, they write books. You know, they could be war books. You know, they could be cooking books. I mean, they're gonna write in the same kind of genre. You know, it's not gonna it's not gonna dramatically change. So I mean, you could be writing your own book. I mean, it's gonna be that you're the hero, you know, you're gonna come out the hero, you know, every time, or you could be writing it the other way, you know, like you'll always come out the victim.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm the victim.
Speaker 5: And this, this pattern really creates itself, and it's to me, it just comes down to that, Okay, victim or hero, don't get better, get better, change the I to the E, and yeah, write it in.
Speaker 4: You're gonna, you know, find.
Speaker 5: The way to to be the hero of your own story. You had talked earlier about, you know, some of the things that you know have broken you know or heartbreaking. I mean people used to tell me that, you know, like it's heartbreaking, it's a heartbreaking loss and with a heartbreaking you know thing that happened.
Speaker 4: But does it have to be heartbreaking heartbreaking?
Speaker 5: I mean that sounds like that's that's like it's over, it's done. I mean there's nothing that can be you know, that's the end, you know, the heartbreaks. I mean, heart doesn't work where you're out of business. But yeah, there's there's a way. There's a there's a way, and I think the best strategy is, uh, don't get better, get better.
Speaker 2: I love that contemplating career move jamar Bro says, do it the best for your family, you personally, professionally a place where you'll be happy and productive and where you were wanted and they like what you do and how you do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how's that? How's that hit you? Is that that hits you right? Or?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Absolutely? Because you do.
Speaker 2: You hear so many people doing a job and they complain, right, and it's just like man, then you just get stuck in this vicious cycle all the time.
Speaker 3: So even if it's it's you've got to make.
Speaker 2: Yourself and you say it's if you're gonna be happy, you're gonna be productive, you always work on yourself to make sure you shift that narrative you get yourself happy.
Speaker 4: See, I was working on something this morning. Uh.
Speaker 5: It's just a mission really to look at yourself or someone else and what they're capable of producing. You know fourteen, whether it's the family team or or or the team at work. You know, really you have you have your talent and health, that mental and physical mind and body.
Speaker 4: You know that we're that we're.
Speaker 5: Blessed with minus turning this into equation an equation minus you know, flaws or injury that you might have and everybody. Everybody has a everybody has flaws, nobody's perfect, and in football we're always working through something. Uh it seems like so talent health minus flaws and injury plus problem solving you know how ingenuity Humans are really good at that, right, They're really good at fixing things ways to make it right, you know, finding that way minus excuses. Those are a detrimental problem solving and then minus distraction maintenance maintenance in your own life. Just that you know, high higher the maintenance, the lower your production is going to be. You know, the lower your maintenance in your life, the higher your production.
Speaker 4: Is going to be.
Speaker 5: So minus minus that that distraction maintenance in your own life, and then plus motivation times how hard you are willing to work to achieve something. So quas would be talent health minus flaws and injury plus problem solving minus excuse minus distraction plus motivation times work ethic equals production capabilities. So I'm only thought after doing that was confidence. Confidence is going to be a major factor in there, or lack of confidence, and really whatever confidence you have is going to be an addition except for terminal insecurity or the big.
Speaker 4: Head you know, the Yeah, I've got all the answers.
Speaker 5: I'm there, you know, because that big heads a trap, a deep, dark, lowly trap. So that's that's a little little quazy. I just kind of work on you know, how can you work on yourself?
Speaker 4: You know what can I be? What can I be approving on? You know?
Speaker 5: You know what are the I can lower distractions of my life? I can uh you know, I can eliminate excuses. Uh, you know, I can lean on my ingenuity, making it right, finding a way fixing things.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, I can flaws that I have.
Speaker 5: I mean, which ones can I you know, work through and prove you know, which ones can I find a way to hey, just not not you know, limit their impact, you know as a player or coach. And then yeah, really the positives I do have, you know, really accentuate those, you know, the.
Speaker 4: Talent and the health.
Speaker 5: I mean, God willing in the crypt, don't rise. I've got all today. I've got today, I've got I got these twenty four hours to grow as much as I can and you know, get as much done as as possible. And how will I know that I that I did as much as I could When I go to sleep tonight, when my head hits the pillow.
Speaker 4: You know, if the.
Speaker 5: Muscles are sore, the mind's aching a little bit. You know, I've I've sweated, and my head hits the pill and I go right to sleep. Then I know I did all I could for my team at home and my team here at work.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: I love that. I really love that. I really love that.
Speaker 4: Man, I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: I'm not I'm trying to turn it into an equation, you know, like a real math equation.
Speaker 4: But uh, I lost my excellence in math right after long division.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, yeah, you're talking to the ADHD guy who could pay attention to classes.
Speaker 5: I think, yeah, you got elemental B.
Speaker 3: You're beyond add.
Speaker 4: But it's a great way to see the world, is it.
Speaker 2: I love?
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely no doubt. Hey, different is good. So bye. We got so far. Advice from Jamarbor up there every day.
Speaker 2: The consistency right, four keyst happiness, pick a job you love, don't.
Speaker 3: Get better, get better? Which love?
Speaker 2: How we working, competition, mary wisely contemplating career move right, do what's best for you and your family personally, professionally, And then I think we hit this one already. Follow the direction of those in authority. You said that earlier, right, that's your next one here, seek such as a parent, teacher, coach, employer. They're the expert and know the subject matter better than me. If I do what they said, then I'll be successful. Listen to the instruction, Embrace the instruction, execute the instruction. And your last piece of advice. I really love this, keep doing you, it's working. If you want to get a little better at something, work a little harder at it, whatever you do.
Speaker 3: Don't get a big head. That's a trap. You just said that, a deep, dark, lonely trap. But I love the part of keep doing you. It's working, especially a daylight today.
Speaker 2: So many of us look, especially with social media, you're you're comparing yourselves to everybody else's fake, filtered one second of one day, and you're.
Speaker 3: Like, right, I'm not doing it enough. My life sucks. This is terrible. And Jim, this.
Speaker 2: Is if you can get people to understand that work, keep doing you. It's working, man. That can help so many people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or you just said it. You just said it. Great? Yeah? You first off, what's the you know on the flip side and the number one thing? That's it? Right there?
Speaker 5: Seek first the Kingdom of God and all else will be added onto you.
Speaker 4: Uh. You know, I mentioned the JK.
Speaker 5: Scott had mentioned that to me just the other day, and I was like, yeah, you know, that's that's where it starts in my opinion. And then yeah, do you it's working, Jay, you know it's working. Look where you're at. Look where the uh where the college football players I coach, You know how hard it is to get to college football and then to be uh, to be a professional football player. I mean, you're doing you're doing, You're doing good, you're doing you're doing well. And if there is something you want to work on, you know, just work a little bit harder at it and whatever you do, don't get the big head.
Speaker 4: And I say the same thing to the high school players.
Speaker 5: You know that football is mostly what I know, right, So that's what I'm you know, I keep using examples.
Speaker 4: Of and talking about.
Speaker 5: But as my brother John Harball said, he's never met and I've never met a high school football player that played for four years of high school football and ever regretted it. I never heard anybody say I regret playing football for the for the last four years. And I've heard some guys say, we wishing to have played high school football. But yeah, maybe that's another subject. But uh yeah, whoever you are out there, I mean, keep doing.
Speaker 4: You it's working.
Speaker 5: You want to get better at something, work a little harder at it, and whatever you do, don't get a big head.
Speaker 2: Tell people all the time, Hey, you gotta love yourself the funk, which is what you're saying, like, love yourself up, appreciate who you are.
Speaker 4: It's all.
Speaker 5: It's all good, great, and an attitude of gratitude, you know, is a is a wonderful thing.
Speaker 4: And it's been great. Where do you live, Jay? I love Malibu? Okay, so you're here in California.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you and I'll be hanging trust me, I love it.
Speaker 4: It's been great out here. I love it. I love it too.
Speaker 5: That's been kind of it seems like half my life in the Midwest, half my life in uh in California.
Speaker 4: You know. I love both.
Speaker 5: And a lot of people say how nice the people are in the Midwest. Uh, you know, genuine down to earth. I think the California it means it's right there right there with the Midwest for how people treat you, I mean treat you, treat your good to treat you nice.
Speaker 4: And probably the number one factor here.
Speaker 5: They let you be who you are, you know in California, So I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Fine, I moved here from New York, and I'd say the biggest difference is in LA and again Malible, when somebody bumps into you and says excuse me, they really mean excuse me.
Speaker 3: I want to New York.
Speaker 4: Hows have good interactions in New York cool too, you know.
Speaker 2: And by the way, the fact that we do live in you know, LA now will definitely hook up. I will definitely let you pay for some dinners. I have no problem with that. We'll be good with that. Well, we'll bring up here to Ballible a couple of times. But bring up justin Herbert. You've been around a lot great quarterbacks, a lot of great players. Yeah, where is he different or better than everybody else you've seen? Like you said earlier, like man, you're not gonna be able to do more than him?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What is it about him that's just different than every other quarterback you've worked with?
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: Okay, So my whole life I've been you know, I've been looking at other you look at other quarterbacks. I mean, it's the same position that I've played, right, so from a time seven or eight years old. When I go out to their punt pass and kick competition, I mean, the first thing you do is start sizing everybody up, you know, like, well he can throw it further, he can, I can throw it further and he can, or I can run.
Speaker 4: Faster than him, or do it.
Speaker 5: Then when you're on a team, right, I mean you're on your your Pop Warner team. Who the other guys tried out for quarterback? You know, let me let me check them out. You know, like where can I get better? Where do I need to get better? Go to high school, it's the same thing. Well he's probably better at me right now. But if I you know, I can chip away at this and then you know, college, same thing.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm not gonna start as.
Speaker 5: A as a freshman, but uh you know here's the good things that that quarterback does. Same in the pros, just on and I and then as a coach. I mean, it's just it's innate in me is to watch quarterbacks and fundamentally see like can I beat this person out or not? You know, where do I need to get better as a player? You know versus what I'm already better than him at and what maybe I can widen that margin. Chead Justin Herbert, that quarterback is like, man, I would take any gene in his body and try raid immediately right on the spot. Colin Kaepernick. I remember watching Colin when I was when he's in college, Like he'd be tough to beat out, you know, So now I want him on my team. You know, Justin Herbert to me is like, wow, I've never seen anything you know quite like you know, his talent, his intelligence, his work ethic, his mindset. I mean there's just I can't I can't find any flaws. And then you know, I watch him and and this has all been going on, and you know, watching in shorts. You know, we're you know, shorts and helmets and stuff. But I've seen him in in paths. I've seen it on the tape him doing the exact same things. Yeah, I'm blown away. He's had three he's been in I think three offensive coordinators and in three years. I mean he's got this stuff picked up, uh, you know, down in everything, motion, landmarks, snap count and not that I haven't even mentioned throwing. I mean, this guy can you know, threw, oh like an incredible arm talent, and he can run. The athlete he is, he could be a tight end you know, easy or an edge rusher even I mean, he's that kind of athletic strong. And then you know he works. Did a conditioning test last week. He smashed it, literally smashed it. It was it was easy, and he just was sprinting at the end way in front of you know, of all the other big skill players.
Speaker 4: You know, it's amazing. And then he's got this, I mean it's like then it's all about the team. You know.
Speaker 5: It's like he really tries to he tried to downplay you know, him personally and lift others up, you know, as opposed to trying to push others down and lift himself up. It's just so good and every he and he'd probably come in and like get mad at me for saying this, you know, because he's he's one of those guys that you know, really wants to spotlight showing, you know, on somebody else.
Speaker 4: But uh, that's my assessment right there. I'm away, I never bet around anybody better.
Speaker 5: Incredible, incredible, And then in the training environment, like I said, him, Derwin James and there's been others, but I mean those two are have been here every every day, every minute, you know, every hour, every minute, have been completely engaged in whatever we were doing, whether it's the uh, the training environment, in the weight room, the meeting room, or out on the field.
Speaker 3: I'm blown away that you said Justin Herbert could be a defers event.
Speaker 4: He could be an edge rusher, he could be an edge rusher, stand up edge rusher.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Joey, he's not that I mean, not that far in strength from like a Joey Bosa klil mack Uh. He's that type of He's that type of you know, strong athletic, incredible athlete.
Speaker 2: Last question, coach, I asked all my guests this, give me your unbreakable moment, the moment that should have broken. You could have broken, you didn't, and as a result, you came through the other side of that tunnel stronger forever.
Speaker 4: Oh that's a great question. And I, like I told you, I don't know that I really have when.
Speaker 5: I keep whatever I say to myself, you know, like that kind of that self talk or if it's don't get better, get better. I know there are some I know there's there's some out there that would have you know, but it's like when you trip and fall, you know, you you know, you get back.
Speaker 3: The biggest piece of adversue you've been through.
Speaker 5: I almost like look at it like, yeah, maybe a lesser man that might have killed a lesser man, you know, or a lesser athlete you know, might s Yeah I didn't kill you that. Yeah, yeah, I don't know. There's there's there's definitely some there. But uh yeah that I guess I'm proud of, you know, innerly proud of that I was, you know, able to overcome.
Speaker 3: That's my point. That's what I'm asking for.
Speaker 4: Oh an example, Yeah, yeah, I have to.
Speaker 5: I have to get back to you and that I don't have that list in front of myocas.
Speaker 2: You gotta do another podcast, do another one.
Speaker 4: I'll see, I'll put that list together. Yeah. I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's just like I guess, I says, you know, take some good, uh feel good about yourself that Yeah, you.
Speaker 4: Can, you can get through it.
Speaker 3: You can be proud of your scars. That's the point.
Speaker 4: Like scars are revo. Yeah you know, shoot, yeah, I got the I love it. You got the broken arm, got the crooked arm. You know, you got all all kind of stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, maybe some things that should have should have broken the heart, but didn't you know. And yeah, maybe a lesser man would have felt fallen down, you know.
Speaker 4: I mean, uh, or a less lesser athlete would have gone down.
Speaker 5: But I stayed up, kept my feet you know, and kept kept charging to the goal line.
Speaker 4: You know. That's that's it. I think that's what we're all trying to do. Right. They alive on the wedge, Jay, you love specialties, right, yeah, there you go. Now, they they kind of reduced that wedge a little bit.
Speaker 5: But uh, you know back in the old days, three man wedgs and it went to a two man wedge and me some had to go in and fly into that way.
Speaker 4: You know, that was tough to do.
Speaker 5: It's just all we used to say was just just stay alive.
Speaker 4: On the wedge. Just keep your feet, stay alive.
Speaker 5: That's what I eat those those blocks, and you know sometimes you even make the tackle, but uh, let's just keep doing that. No, just remind me of that too, you know. And if you ever need a need a friend, let me reach out. Just stay alive on the wedge.
Speaker 4: Jay.
Speaker 2: I like that, brother, Jim Man, I really appreciate it. Man, have have fun down there with the Seals.
Speaker 3: They're a special group.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: You guys are special to you got you got special.
Speaker 2: People it and like I said, you and I will definitely break some bread out here and the Cally.
Speaker 4: Brother sounds great. Appreciate you having me on, Jay,