Speaker 1: We're good. I think we're good. Hey, Andrew, Hey, Scott, you're ready for Lucky thirteen? Oh god, is it lucky for you or no? Like, I'm cool with thirteen. If there's a hotel with thirteenth floor, I'm cool with staying on it.
Speaker 2: I don't really think it's a thing.
Speaker 1: No, because you know what, if there's no thirteenth floor and you're on the fourteenth floor, it's the thirteenth floor.
Speaker 2: So hello, yeah, technically you are saying on the thirteenth floor.
Speaker 1: You are. Hey, and we got another song. Oh, welcome to Serial Killers episode thirteen. I'm Scottie Bee and I'm Andrew. Andrew over there, I'm pointing again. I have to stop, all right, So thirteen. We're here, and it's so hot in here. It's really no Andrew, just put my sweatshirt on, but I'm sweating and I haven't even eaten anything yet.
Speaker 2: It's said, but maybe that says something about your cholesterol, your blood shirt.
Speaker 1: You have my blood pressure. Well, I'm managing it with medication.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, good thing. You're eating shirty cereal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and let's get right. Oh wait a minute, the song. We have another song. Dave Brody wrote us another song, so here we don't You're gonna have to pick our theme song because we played the Cereal Bowl one last time and here's this one. I guess taw what's gonna be? Well, tell you what's Si rehel been like.
Speaker 2: Sampi Kim's Sad Life, Rick de Win, everything from Checks Vanilla to chrispys.
Speaker 1: Cray. I gotta talk loud because the music's loud.
Speaker 2: That was cool insulation to what people yes.
Speaker 1: And also that's another song from the eighties, so you gotta be like forty to know what that song. Maybe we could get like an Ariana Grande song that we could put serial killers in.
Speaker 2: Also I could sing one thank you chicks.
Speaker 1: Hello Dave Brody, You're welcome get on it, but thank you. We appreciate that. Love that all right? So this week I promised this. I don't know which one I want to start with. You want to start with classic or New.
Speaker 2: Scott I always pick. It's time for you to start picking, all right. Well, I'm so I drink a full glass of wine before this episode, so go for it, all right.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna go classic because I have mentioned in the past that this is my top two favorite cereals of all time. You remember, do you pay attention to what I say?
Speaker 2: Listen, dude at.
Speaker 1: One of them they don't make anymore. And the other one was introduced in nineteen seventy one.
Speaker 2: Coco crispys I hate you so much, I'm going up.
Speaker 1: I'm going to give you a hint. Wants me drink bred out of his Coco Pebbles. Oh, here we go, sir.
Speaker 3: My baby and I have lost our way to any breakfast.
Speaker 2: Say no more, madam, have some delicious Coco pebbles.
Speaker 1: Really delicious. You are so kind to wear he strangers are kitchen cooko Bronnie my pebble Strada. Gentleman never strikes a lady. Coco Pebbles wine cereal part of this nutritious breakfast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but delicious.
Speaker 1: A gentleman never strikes a lady. Just so you know, what the hell is that? That's a very eighties pebbles commercial.
Speaker 2: I am so confused. I feel like I'm learning a lot about cereal commercials in the seventies and eighties, and it was like, Hey, your wife belongs in the kitchen. Cut down on that breakfast time, but giving.
Speaker 1: Your cereal that's right, Wilma, make me a.
Speaker 2: Ball before I strike you.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, all the Pebbles commercials when we were kids were all little mini cartoons. So that was Barney dressing up as a baby girl as he's trying to get Fred's fruity or Coco pebbles. He was always trying to get the pebbles and Fred wouldn't let them.
Speaker 2: I know. It's disturbing, is what it is.
Speaker 1: All right? Well, anyway, it's Coco pebbles. In case you didn't guess, well.
Speaker 2: What did I say? Coco Crispy's Is that a different cereal?
Speaker 1: You're fired? You're fired, dude. Kellogg's post Crispy's pebbles very different. Okay, they are both crisp Rice cereals of the Coco variety.
Speaker 2: You ask a lot from me, but they're different.
Speaker 1: And Crispy is it looks like, you know, kind of oblong and a pebble.
Speaker 2: Thrown in cheaps. I told you I dank a glass of wine. Why are you throwing shapes at me?
Speaker 1: Pebble is more of an oval, a flat oval. Okay, here, let's get them out. I'm gonna go into my sack of.
Speaker 2: Cereal from now. On when Scott goes to get the cereal. We're calling it the sack of cereal. I hope you guys don't mind it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Oh can you do me a favorite?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: While we're doing this, one of our listeners requested that we show her how I properly open a box of cereal and the bag and all that. So could you just record this for me?
Speaker 2: Record the Scottie shake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna well, I don't need to do the shake with the pebbles because pebbles are all the same. So here I'm going to properly open this box of Coca pebbles and show you how I do it. Finger goes under the tab. Okay, slide to the left, slide to the right. This gets open. This gets opened, and then the bag. Very important. You have to do it gently. Oh that's a good tear. Look at that.
Speaker 2: That's a good tear.
Speaker 1: That is the perfect box open. Okay, that's again, that is some good Coco scent.
Speaker 2: Oh kay, here we go. I think I like these. My mom never bought these for me.
Speaker 1: This was a special treat for me, and then I would when I went away to sleep away camp, they had pebbles so I just was intoxicated on pebbles all summer long.
Speaker 2: Your camp served cereal, Yeah.
Speaker 1: And it was all sugar cereal all of it.
Speaker 2: Were you like big into sleep away camp? No?
Speaker 1: I hated it after like two and a half years. Oh yeah, then I started working at radio. That's exciting. Yeah. My camp actually had a radio station, an AM radio station. It was really weird. Yeah on campus wm EL. I'm sure. I'm sure they just stole those call letters. It doesn't really exist, all right, So.
Speaker 2: I'm okay, what do you mean?
Speaker 1: I after you make a face for cocoa deliciousness?
Speaker 2: The thing, okay, the thing with me on these.
Speaker 1: Like how happy Fred and Barney are in the box. They're so exciting that this.
Speaker 2: Is your head of your ceial Avengers. Yeah, Fred, Fred is the head of your ceial Avengers.
Speaker 1: And there's bam bam and pebbles on the back with Dino. He's about to flip out of that airplane that's made out of a log and how that's flying and uh, yes, there.
Speaker 2: Wasn't much logical sense to the flintstones.
Speaker 1: No, but you could build stuff. Look, you can draw your own stone age plane all the back. I'm gonna get the milk while you draw a plane.
Speaker 2: You're again asking for a lot this episode, there's more yaba daba?
Speaker 1: Do Did you just say yaba daba? Can you please get out of the studio. I seriously we need a new co host. Andrew just said yaba daba?
Speaker 2: Is that not it? It's yaba daba?
Speaker 1: Yes? Have you ever watched the Flintstones in your life?
Speaker 2: Listen? I know you're drunk. No, I haven't seen it.
Speaker 1: You've never seen the Flintstones.
Speaker 2: I probably have on like Cartoon Network like reruns when I was a kid, but I just was like, I'm a nineties kid. We didn't have the Flintstones.
Speaker 1: The Flints have been There was a Flintstones movie okay, yes, with Rose two of them.
Speaker 2: I know, but I didn't watch Viva Rock Vegas. I know what it's called. I've seen it. I'm not oblivious to it.
Speaker 1: Now I'm sweating because you're an idiot.
Speaker 2: That's a personal attack and I will not stand for it.
Speaker 1: Let me just get back in the kitchen and make me some cereal.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, we're going with the real Redstone ad.
Speaker 1: But you need to you have to just let it. Please just let it sit for a moment because the milk that cocoa pebbles produces, yeah, is a yaba daba delicious.
Speaker 2: I actually want to find the nearest bridge and throw myself off a bit after that line.
Speaker 1: But no, but all right, you know what, you and I are going to have a Flintstone's marathon one weekend.
Speaker 2: Isn't that going to take like six weeks?
Speaker 1: Help me?
Speaker 2: Aren't there hundreds of episodes of the Flintstones.
Speaker 1: Yes, but we are definitely going to the water Buffalo Lodge and we're going to have a weekend.
Speaker 2: That sounds really terrifying the fact.
Speaker 1: That you don't even know what that is. I have to go. But okay, look, the milk is already getting really chocolate.
Speaker 2: I will say that is a good thing.
Speaker 1: This is fit. I can't even can we just go?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Thank you? Right? Hm?
Speaker 2: Oh wow, I'm ten years old again.
Speaker 1: This is so good.
Speaker 2: That's actually really good.
Speaker 1: I don't eat this on a regular basis. But five friggin' balls, five balls.
Speaker 2: This is your five bowl.
Speaker 1: This is five balls.
Speaker 2: It gets three bowls in a spoon for me.
Speaker 1: Okay, man, that's cool, but five balls.
Speaker 2: I think you're right about the milk. Though, out of all the milks that I feel I've had with cereals throughout the past couple of episodes, this is the best milk.
Speaker 1: This will absolutely be the best milk of any cereal you will ever eat. If you like chocolate milk, okay, I mean that's just a personal preference.
Speaker 2: But how do you not like chocolate milk?
Speaker 1: Some people don't like, by the way, skim Plus lactose free milk. I believe it says it's fat free, but it's a little creamier than a skin would be.
Speaker 2: I've been preferring this milk. I'm not gonna lie. This is great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's you know, it's a little on the pricey side, so I only buy it when it's on sale and I have a coupon, which I do currently, so I have like three more containers on tap.
Speaker 2: Well, this was delicious, Okay, you can have the rest of mine.
Speaker 1: No, I don't do that. I don't eat off other people's things. That's gross faces of me. I'm not saying that you're diseased. I just don't do that.
Speaker 2: So like if I'm like, oh, try this, you're.
Speaker 1: Like no, unless we were dying and I desperately need a nourishment or liquid. I wouldn't eat stuff from you or anybody.
Speaker 2: So like when someone's like, oh, do you want a sip of water, You're like, no.
Speaker 1: No, my dad actually did that the other day. I was so thirsty, I said, can I get a bottle of water? And he brought out a half bottle of water that had an A on the top. So it was probably either my kids or whatever. He's like, here, this must be your daughter's. I'm not drinking that. I don't know where it's been. It's not sealed.
Speaker 2: Are you serious?
Speaker 1: I'm dead serious.
Speaker 2: Is that like a personal thing?
Speaker 1: Obviously? Hold on, I must finish this milk.
Speaker 2: I feel like we need to talk about this. Serial Killers is now going to become a therapy episode. Scott, When did this first happen?
Speaker 1: When I was a kid, I would never eat off people's plates or fortress spoons or cups or any of that. No, my wife I will I let her drink out of my straw. And I get my kids sometimes too.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so it's not as terrifying as I thought. All Right, you don't have an issue. For a second. I was going to be like, when did the bad incident happen. Tell me.
Speaker 1: But if I'm not in my house, I always cover a toilet s heat, not a where. What even if I go to my parents' house, I put toilet paper down on the toilet seat. I know that has nothing to do with cereal or food, but I like my butt protected. I have so many questions, but yet I don't do it in hotels, which is weird. I'll cover toilet seats everywhere, EXCEP at my house and hotels.
Speaker 2: Are you so weird?
Speaker 1: I am a very strange person. All right, let's get to Let's get.
Speaker 2: To the listening to Serial Killers, the podcast about cereal.
Speaker 1: This is kind of a new cereal. It's been around for a bit in different forms. They had marshmallow pebbles for a minute, then that went away and it came back as marshmallow fruity pebbles. You know me, I love marshmallows. Put marshmallows in it.
Speaker 2: Chocolate pebbles would have benefited from.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, if it could be five balls plus, they would get it so relicious. See, I don't love fruity pebbles as much as I do cocoa. So we're gonna have to see if the marshmallows push it over the top for me.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm in.
Speaker 1: This needs a Scotti shake.
Speaker 2: I feel like again we need a sound effect due the Scotty shake and then have like the what is it called edm noises?
Speaker 1: Look at that, it's the exact same Fred and Barney on both boxes.
Speaker 2: You'd think that they're saving money just copying and pasting the clip art. H all right, I don't hange it.
Speaker 1: This one looks really sweet, like I might fall over.
Speaker 2: They even use the same back of the box.
Speaker 1: No, no, they're driving on this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, this one's a boat. This one you make a boat on. These are gluten free gather the flintstones.
Speaker 2: Just don't care. They're like, hey, guess what it's a plane. How does it fly? Eh?
Speaker 1: Those kind of look like lucky charms marshmallows.
Speaker 2: Oh they do.
Speaker 1: Post may be in for a lawsuit here.
Speaker 2: The only thing that the only thing I'm not a big fan of with these cereals. And again it's not terrible because the coca pubbles were good. It smells like pot smell it bring it over. Yeah it does a little bit, right, Oh yeah it does.
Speaker 1: It doesn't smell like the traditional fruity pebbles.
Speaker 2: Are these CBD laced I.
Speaker 1: Don't know, but it looks like there's some brown ones in there that are supposed to be purple.
Speaker 2: What's I don't like about them is the is how flimsy the cereal piece is. I just don't like that about this cereal.
Speaker 1: That's how crisp rice is.
Speaker 2: We'll do it better.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to tell you. No, there's natural and artificial fruit flavors. I don't want artificial, Scott.
Speaker 2: Think about everything you eat in today and you're really this is going to be your final stand.
Speaker 1: Well, even the cocoa is artificial, natural and order. Why do you have to put artificial stuff in? There's plenty of real cocoa out.
Speaker 2: There, Scott. You are the same person that goes to the diner, has a hot, open faced turkey sandwich and like this gravy is delicious, that is not homemade.
Speaker 1: Gravy doesn't matter. Nothing in a diner is homemade because it's not anybody's home, so that somebody's living in the dumpster.
Speaker 2: So you expect this cereal to have no artificial flavors.
Speaker 1: And there's a lot of cereals that don't have artificial stuff in it, and I prefer that a.
Speaker 2: Right, so health conscious? All right, let's go in.
Speaker 1: So we first, can we look and see what the first ingredient is?
Speaker 2: Cyanide?
Speaker 1: Why do you what's what's with your like fascination with cyanide. That's the last second time you've mentioned that.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll go with methane on this one. Okay, that's a gas, yeah whatever?
Speaker 1: All right, Well, the first ingredient is rice, and then sugar and then marshmallows. Perfect, and the first ingredient in marshmallows is sugar. Really yeah, okay, so you're oh, that's a big marshmallow. What is that a flower?
Speaker 2: The marshmallow too? They're big crisp rice ratio is interesting? Ready once you think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't hate it.
Speaker 2: It just feels like I'm eating a floral bouquet. I just ate the tops of the flowers.
Speaker 1: You're gonna think it's crazy of me to say this.
Speaker 2: It's not bad.
Speaker 1: This cereal does not need marshmallows, Scott, It just doesn't.
Speaker 2: Who are you?
Speaker 1: Heat is getting to your head of teet exhaustion. Fruity pebbles doesn't need marshmallows. It really doesn't. It's too much for me to say that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're literally eating just sugar.
Speaker 1: It's weird though, because the fruity pebbles in the fruity Pebbles marshmallows doesn't taste exactly like the regular fruity pebbles.
Speaker 2: Maybe they dell it down a little bit.
Speaker 1: I don't know. That's an odd flavor twip.
Speaker 2: This is extremely sweet. Yeah, and I feel like I'm again eating a chunk of sugar.
Speaker 1: I'm a little disappointed.
Speaker 2: Two balls, three bowls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't hate it. I'm going too. I don't love it. I really don't. I thought I was gonna Sorry, Fred, Sorry Barney.
Speaker 2: They're personally offended.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but da, but don't.
Speaker 2: All right, you canceled this on episode what was it ten or eleven nine? I think, yeah, no, it's canceled now wait.
Speaker 1: Hold on a second, there's a bonus.
Speaker 2: Why are you doing this?
Speaker 1: I have to because one of our Twitter followers, Jennifer Yeah, asked me to try Cereal. I told her I would. You and I are both going to hate it, Okay, I could tell you right now.
Speaker 2: Is it a maultimeal Cereal?
Speaker 1: It is not maltimeal.
Speaker 2: Are you proud of me for starting to know the cereal brands a little bit?
Speaker 1: Yes, this is a Kellogg cereal, so it should be good. But you and I will hate it, I promise, all right. It's a bit healthier than we can been eating.
Speaker 2: In Jesus, I just say, sugar puffed marshmallows cereal.
Speaker 1: Here we go. You're ready? Yep. I was supposed to get a special like sound effect for this, but the guy didn't make it yet. Who's the guy that stacks the guy that makes all the stuff? Oh okay, cool, Yeah he was going to make it, but he hasn't done yet. Right, you're ready? Yeah, close your eyes.
Speaker 2: I'm not closing them, but okay, hold on.
Speaker 1: Don't open them yet. I got a Scotti shake. Close your eyes. Yeah, I want you to smell it. I don't want you to look. Please don't peak, seriously, you would ruin everything if you peak. I just want you to smell it first.
Speaker 2: I pray that it's not sour patch kids, like a different?
Speaker 1: Ready?
Speaker 2: I know, but isn't there like a different?
Speaker 1: It doesn't smell like I think it did. Hold on, you're ready, smell us?
Speaker 2: Is it something raisins.
Speaker 1: It is something with raisins. Is it Kellogg's raisin bran with bananas?
Speaker 2: God stop with the banana chip.
Speaker 1: We're both gonna hate this because I hate banana chips. I hate it so much. And the other thing is these raisins in this Kellogg's raisin bran are not sugared, so I'm kind of against it. I don't know why they do that. When the raisins are in something other than just traditional Kellogg's raisin bran, they're not sugared like they are in the original. And I don't know why, Like in the crunch one and the one with the strawberries and cranberries and whatever, they're not sugared. I guess maybe because there's enough sugar in the other stuff. Maybe they don't do it. I'm gonna have to find out. That's uh, you know. But look, there is two scoops.
Speaker 2: Wait does the sun have a name?
Speaker 1: Sun?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Cool, all right, hold on, here we go.
Speaker 2: I hate banana chips. They're cry to you don't taste like banana.
Speaker 1: When you get when you get them in that in like the trail mix in the store, always pick them out, disgusting, and they ruin the flavor of everything else because they taste fake to.
Speaker 2: Me, even in a trail mix. It's like, I don't want a banana chip in my trail mix.
Speaker 1: Even though I'm kind of aware that they're real, they taste fake.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with that. Okay, Oh this is nasty.
Speaker 1: You ready? Yeah, there we go? All right, thanks Jennifer.
Speaker 2: Oh god, oh god, no.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't even eat this normally, but I will for the sake of this show.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go.
Speaker 1: One two. I didn't get the bana. Oh that's horrible.
Speaker 2: It tastes like sediment from the bottom of a wine glass.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know what that tastes like, but.
Speaker 2: Oh I just got it on sweet and raisin.
Speaker 1: I love bananas. I hate dried bananas.
Speaker 2: I hate it. I hate it. I hate it.
Speaker 1: Half a spoon can't do that?
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, a spoon spoon.
Speaker 1: For me too.
Speaker 2: That's nasty.
Speaker 1: It's not even the thing that like. I can't even eat around it.
Speaker 2: Who suggested this, Jennifer, Jennifer, thank you so much for listening, but please never suggest raisin with bananas again.
Speaker 1: You can't even eat around the banana, so the tastes just in there. It's in the milk. So we did okay today Ploo Pebbles, big hit other Tube not so much.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean that's your opinion. I didn't really mind much mellow fruity Pebbles.
Speaker 1: You're right, look, and this show is just about our opinions. So true, you can go buy and eat whatever the hell you want. We're just telling you what we think.
Speaker 2: And who would actually Okay, do people actually take our suggestions to heart? You think?
Speaker 1: I think so because people are sending us pictures of them buying this crap, so I suppose.
Speaker 2: So I strongly suggest you don't buy Raisin brand with banana, and I strongly suggest you also chuck the stupid sour Patch Kid cereal. And more importantly, because I'm looking at the box right now, the peanut butter cheerios.
Speaker 1: That is the worst chocolate peanut butter.
Speaker 2: That is the worst cereal I've ever had, because they were.
Speaker 1: Regular peanut butter cheerios at one point and they're okay, Well.
Speaker 2: The chocolate peanut butter is a sin, and it s you'd be thrown in the toilet that has toilet paper that because Scotti is not sitting on it.
Speaker 1: Otherwise I'll use one of the de See covers too. That's cool. All right, we got to get out of here because we're over twenty minutes and that's like, wait, this could be our longest episode of all and people are bored at this point. Yeah, thank you for listening Episode thirteen serial Killers. Follow us on Twitter serial Killers pc that Cereal is with a C because we don't like kill people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me just tell you. If you type in serial killers the way we actually spell it on Google still comes up with the actual Cereal coilers.
Speaker 1: Good. Okay, so that's great. So thanks for listening, and until next time, I'm Andrew and I'm Scotti B Crush.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to Episode Lucky thirteen.