Speaker 1: Those fans in a season of frustration. There was more on Sunday afternoon in downtown Baltimore. The Oils had the bases loaded trying to win the game in the bottom of the tenth against Atlanta. They couldn't do it, and they lose to the Braves three to two in eleven. And we're with you for another edition of Birdland Territory, Steve, tim and Brad and guys. Let's start with this stat And I posted this on my substack about a week or two ago going into Boston, and I went back to June twenty second. I went back to that date because the series that preceded that Dodger Stadium. Ironically enough, the Oriel scored a bunch of runs won that series. But in the three games series that have followed, the offense keeps coming up short. One series, they've been really good Kansas City. Here's the run down in order, going back over nine series. Now at the Angels thirteen runs against the Nats ten, White Sox eleven, at Cincy thirteen, Cubs twelve, Houston twelve, Boston thirteen, Atlanta eleven. They're barely getting four runs a game. Here's the really damning part for the offense, the pitcher er and that span is three nineteen. They are pitching as well as anybody in that date that we just I arbitrarily picked. They're going back to when they kind of stopped scoring and they're fourteen and thirteen, So seventeen and ten was really what was needed and they'd be right there. So this was, in a microcosm, this is what we've been seeing too much of for about a month now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's unfortunate because it was kind of the part of this team that you just didn't expect to struggle at all. Figure they're going to score runs, and you know, the starting pitching staff was kind of what's going to happen there?
Speaker 3: Where's the bullpen going to be? The defense?
Speaker 2: All these other question marks that you weren't sure, But the offense was the one thing that was supposed to carry this team and really lead them to a lot of wins. And it's just been a struggle with runners in scoring position in particular with that stat there zero for ten today, four for twenty seven in the series, and it's kind of been that's a microcosm of the season. I feel like giving up two out runs and not hitting with runners in scoring position have really been the two biggest struggles for this team, and it's kind of where they find themselves at today and this series, those two things showed their glaring head there multiple times throughout.
Speaker 4: It really hard to believe, guys, because Bradham with you one hundred percent when you're heading into spring training and we're previewing this Oriole season and what's good about well, it starts with the lineup. You just expected that this lineup was going to mash. I was high on the start pitching and they've been even better. Bullpen was a big question mark, but give the pen a ton of credit. Man's it's two months now, over two months, the starting pitching and the bullpen, they're both top ten and ERA going back to May twenty second. But for the offense to be struggling as much as they are, it's really tough to watch.
Speaker 5: And if you would have.
Speaker 4: Told us prior to the season that they would get this caliber of pitching, you would think their record would be a heck of a lot better than it is right now. But it's not the case that the offense is really scuffling, and guys, look, they missed sadly Ruchman. They missed Samuelbasio, Blaze, Alexander. Absolutely they do. But even when those guys were in the lineup, you know, they still weren't performing up to expectations that we had for the offense heading into the season.
Speaker 1: Today, the Orioles went six for thirty nine at bat one extra base hit, oh for ten with runners and scoring position twelve left eleven runs in the series against It a good Atlanta pitching team, we know that, and it was glaring in this series, particularly the catcher injuries being with Appasio and Adley. You put those two in that lineup and the Oils maybe win this series, but they're not there. What can they do? They're doing the best they can, and right now it's really tough because Chadwick Trump and Sam Huffer are combined one for twenty four the last seven games with fourteen strikeouts. So it's just it was so bad that they put the winning run base to give a chance there.
Speaker 3: And I was gonna say, Steve, I was.
Speaker 2: We talked about it briefly right before we got on here, but I can count on maybe three fingers the time seeing that an intentional walk to load the bases with the game on the line with a one on lead. I don't even know if I can say it three times I saw it in my career, and to see that today just really shows you that the Braves were not scared. I mean they saw it as an how there was no reason to throw any pitches near the zone to the battle before. I think it was Holiday. I forget who was up before, but yeah, so it was just I mean, that is It's tough. It's they're they're playing multiple, multiple men down, but it's just not an excuse in the MLB, unfortunately, because everybody's playing with injuries and nobody's gonna feel sorry for you.
Speaker 3: So it's it was just one of those things.
Speaker 2: I was unfortunate to be putting that spot there, but they had their chance in the tenth inning. I mean, they have nobody else to blame but themselves there with basically loaded, nobody out, tie game, and you just can't get that run across.
Speaker 3: It's just frustrating. I know it was a good play by.
Speaker 2: Olsen there to double up heat at first, but it's just a frustrating loss and a frustrating weekend overall for Orioles and I'm assuming the fans are just frustrated at this point because they've seen it multiple times.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was tough, man, and it's so glaring because we know that at the Rocherman and Samuel Bosio that's the best catching tandem in baseball, and you lose them, and now you have guys in there that were at Triple A not that long ago, and Brad, you're one hundred percent right.
Speaker 5: The Braves they're like, all right.
Speaker 4: Bring us sam off, like we'll take our chances with him and a basis loaded situation. And obviously it ended up paying all for him, but you're also right, they had every opportunity to win that game in the tenth inning Man and unfortunately Gunner Henderson, who shockingly every time Kevin brings it up, Kevin Brown on mass and it's amazing he hasn't had a walk off, and then you know what's been such a great start to his career, it's amazing he hasn't had a walkoff, and that that was sort of a microcosm of Gunner season, right. He hit the heck out of the ball and it was just really unfortunate. It was a bang bang play, looked like maybe Pete almost.
Speaker 5: Got back in there. Maybe he did.
Speaker 4: You know, it's an interesting review, but you gotta find a way to push a run across when it's bases loaded, nobody out, there's no excuse.
Speaker 1: How do you see that one played appearance today for Gunner? Because I have fans jumping Gunner because of the season he's had that saying you didn't come through there. I think you hit the ball hard, you can't steer it. He didn't strike out into a double play. It was a double play, but not a six four three.
Speaker 4: I think that play on its surface, like, that's just bad Luckick, what are you going to do now?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 4: I understand the fans frustration, and obviously Gunner has not had a lot of those signature moments that he's had plenty of throughout his career in terms of runners in scoring position, you know, high leverage spots. I kind of just chalk that up to, Hey, the Braves are a heck of a team, man, and the defense that they had on display throughout that series was unbelievable, and I just I chalk that up as just a bad luck play for Gunner.
Speaker 1: Exactly getting back to the catchers, Sam huffin were three hundred and five career plate appearances, has a six eighty eight mlbops. That's not bad, but he's four for thirty three his time with the Ools this year that is bad. One twenty one and Trump in two hundred and ten plate appearances is five eighty five. So just by those two stats, I mean huff is the better hitter in brief career. Neither is hitting right now for the Orioles, and unfortunately it's at a time when others aren't. It's magnified. If yours were scoring six runs a game, Gunner was rolling, Ward was rolling, they were all going. Then the catchers, that wouldn't be as noticed. So it's tough on those guys. They're getting a chance. Yeah, they are doing some nice things defensively. And I'll say, oh, by the way, oh for ten with runs in scoring position today, was not all of them? Not you guys bad at right? They scored two runs at eleven innings?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I agree one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: I think it's obviously because the play the game ended with Huff at the plate. But those guys, they're NXT when when you have those guys having come up because of injuries. Those are not the guys you're expecting to knock in the runs and to do all the damage. They're gonna play a good defensive catcher, and that's mainly what they're there for. It's a call a good game, be a good defensive catcher, and if they get some hits that that's icing on the cake. But at this point, if you're expecting them to be the ones to win the game, your team is just not. It's and it's no slight to those guys. Like I said last episode, I played with Chadwick Trump and Triple A. He's a very good player and he deserves to be a major leaguer. It's just those are the guys that you can't expect to win you ball games. And it's just kind of unfortunate that it came down to that.
Speaker 1: Today it is and it's a frustrating weekend for oriole fans. And a week ago we had them in by mode two series later where they go one and two against Boston, one and two against Atlanta. I said to somebody last night in the press box, I would not want to be Elias and his staff right now trying to figure out what's the best play here as it's seems to change every ten minutes.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be a fascinating lead up. And I've been saying that for weeks now, But geez, guys, you think we're eight days away from the trade deadline and we saw one move what was it yesterday or this morning early getting trade from the Red Sox for mead from the Nats. I think this is just gonna be a flurry of activity in the last forty eight hours leading up to the trade deadline because I think everyone's really holding out. And heck, look at this upcoming series between the Tigers and the Orioles, Like, whoever loses that series, how does that factor into the calculus there?
Speaker 5: And to add even.
Speaker 4: More drama, Wednesday, guys, the projected starters Trevor Rodgers opposite Trek scoobl it could be the final game for both of those guys. It's gonna be a lot of fun and craziness leading up to August third.
Speaker 1: It certainly is. The Birds lose two of three to Atlanta, they ans it that series at fifty one and fifty five. Now onto Detroit for three games starting Monday night with that Markue pitching matchup coming Wednesday, so that's going to be an interesting series. Stick with us. We got a lot more to do. This edition of Birdland Territory.
Speaker 4: This next week is sure to be exciting as we're close to the trade deadline. Are you heading to Detroit to see Theo's play, Well, if you are, I would suggest going Wednesday because, as we just mentioned, Trevor Rodgers and Trek Scooble they're both scheduled to pitch. Make sure you buy your tickets to the game on seageek. Though with over thirty five million download, sea geek is the number one rated ticketing app. There are more than seventy thousand events listed on seakeek including concerts, sports, festivals, and more. The race to secure a playoff spot in MLB is on NFL and college football seasons next month right around the corner.
Speaker 5: I love using seat Geek.
Speaker 4: Recently used the app to buy tickets to see Stobby stopros Halkia said the lyric last week.
Speaker 5: The seats were great. Sea Gek came through. They had my back, They're gonna have yours.
Speaker 4: Each ticket is rated on a scale of one to ten, so you know you're getting a good deal. Look for the green dots. Green means good, red means bad. Plus every ticket is backed by their buyer guarantee. And of course we're gonna hook you guys up with the code. You can use code Territory ten for ten percent off your next set of MLB tickets at Sea Geek. That's ten percent off any MLB tickets with promo code Territory ten. Make sure you click the link in the description to download the app and have the code automatically added to your account so you can use it later.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Sea Geek.
Speaker 1: All right, thanks Tim, And you know you look at this pitching. We mentioned the stat and want to put it up again to give some props to this pitching staff. Since that series we referenced, that's three nineteen TmrA, which is crazy. So it feels like opportunities lost here, fourteen and thirteen, two more wins sixteen eleven, yeah, really good, seventeen and ten, So eighteen and nine they had a chance to really run this thing. Now it all was not lost here. There's two months to play, and remember how fast it change when they want a few. So they just got to go to Detroit and get it going. You keep taking these gut punches, which I think is taking it out of the fan base. Whether it will eventually take it out of the team, We still have several weeks to find that out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think you're right.
Speaker 2: See, you just got to keep playing the games and kind of see where you're at come this next week. And it's just we've talked about this multiple times on the show, but leading up to this trade deadline, it's a it's an intricate puzzle with the Orioles. You have so many pieces that are moving past this year. To me, it's like it's at the point where I feel like, with Trevor Rodgers, you either sign them to an extension somehow this week if if you can get that done, if not, you got to get the best deal for him, because he is pitching at one of the highest levels with anybody across baseball right now. I think they said it's been seven or it was either seven or nine straight starts of two runs or less. Name another guy in the big leagues who has been pitching like that. He's been unbelievable and he's gonna be one of.
Speaker 3: The top guys.
Speaker 2: And I think it's very interesting that he's facing school ball on Wednesday, because I feel like both those guys are gonna be on the move, and they're both highly as of being lefty starters, they're both highly gonna be solid after here. So it's an interesting week and I just I keep it keeps coming back to the point with me, with Trevor Rodgers is the biggest piece here. They either got to extending past the season or they got to kind of move on. And I hate to say that the former player, but I just feel like with the organization, it's you're just stuck at that crossroad right now that there's really no other option in my eye.
Speaker 4: I still just am so surprised and Steve we talked about it Friday on the fan. I'm still so surprised they have not reached out to Trevor Rodgers. It's very puzzling to me. And you give Michael Isyas a ton of credit. Locking up Kyle Bradish, Shane Bose, you got two fifths into your lineup or excuse me, starting rotation? Locked up long term? Roger seems like he wants to be here, and look, I don't know what his asking price is. I don't know if his agent would ask for the moon, but it's certainly worth having a conversation with him, and it's a really tough spot for this team to be in because I would assume you're still gonna have the qualifying offer because you're operating under the CBA at least for a month until December first, and then all signs point to them doing away with it. So at worst you could offer him the qualifying offer, but he would be someone that I would want to consider locking up long term strongly, Brad.
Speaker 1: I want to get your opinion on this, having played in the majors and work with agents. David Rubinstein Friday, the pressor for Bradish and paraphrasing, said something like anybody that's interested in staying here, we want to talk to you. Is it almost to the point now where despite the public comments of Trevor, the whole world knows he wants to stay, including the Orioles that his agent calls them says here's here's what we would sign for. Let's talk over the next twenty four hours and get this done. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think it's they agents are a representation of the player, and I think if as much as it's a difficult process to go through because he's right at the edge of reagency and you want to get your full value and all this stuff. But at the end of the day, if he really did want to stay with the Orioles, I'm reaching out to my agent and be like, Hey, let's find out what the best offer we can get for them, because I really want to stay here. And the fact that he was on air on Masson in the Boston series saying I want to be here and I want to sign like I want to be here long term, that speaks everything you need to know. Because the fact that he said it on air in the middle of a game, to me, is like you never hear a player say that, especially somebody who's as close to free agency, and somebody who's pitch as well as he has been pitching, where his value is just going off with every single start that he makes. It's just I just don't seem it doesn't seem like it should be that far fetched to get a deal done, and I don't think it would take that long, because I think both.
Speaker 3: Sides are clearly interesting.
Speaker 2: Like you're saying to me, it's kind of odd at this point that there hasn't been at least some kind of talks.
Speaker 7: Because there's there's no downside because look, Michael Eiath could approach his agent and theoretically, and I'm just making this up, theoretically his agent could be asking for XYZ, asking for.
Speaker 4: The moon, and it's just so ridiculous that it doesn't make any sense for the Orioles to do so. But Okay, no harm, no foul. You're having the conversation. You're you're figuring out what you know he's searching for. And I understand, you know, heading into this past offseason that it was a difficult negotiation, right because all right, he was on an insane eighteen start stretch last year.
Speaker 5: Are you paying paying him off?
Speaker 6: That?
Speaker 4: Are you paying him off when he struggled when you initially traded for him?
Speaker 5: Who is the real Trevor Rodgers?
Speaker 4: Then he got off to a great start this year, then really struggled in the month. Man, he's been fantastic over an eight start stretch. Now he's one of the best starting pitchers in baseball in that stretch. So I understand it's it's a little tricky, but you know, I have the conversation, try to figure out, you know, what's fair for both sides.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had a fan ask me this question. They said, Steve, are you convinced there have been no talks or do you think it's Trevor's way of saying there have been no talks going anywhere? And I said, well, he's told multiple outlets, including myself, and I've asked him a couple of times this year there haven't been any talks. Now, the other side of that could be at an appropriate time media ask Elias, have you even reached out this year to Trevor and his folks? Is anything happened? Did you get anywhere? Did you try? You asked that question and hear his answered That's what I'd like to hear on the other side of it. Friday would not have been the appropriate time to do that. It's a celebration of Bradish. The whole team's sitting there, including Trevor. That probably was not the time to try to back Mike into a corner or get and answer that specific question. But I would think at some point before or after the deadline, he's going to do more media and somebody's got to bring that question up. We got to hear his side of this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, And I think you're I think it's more and I think it even in the press conference, he had mentioned that a lot of players don't like the distraction in season. So maybe it's them not wanting to reach out to Rogers representation because they don't want it to be distraction, or it's just I feel like it's a lot of times it's it's you don't know, so you don't want to like push anything and you don't want to mess up anything along the way, and it just gets I think there's like no communication at all from both sides, so nobody knows what's what's actually going on.
Speaker 5: Well, what's interesting, Brad.
Speaker 4: I had Rogers on my show a week before opening day, and I remember he was asked at the beginning of spring training were there any talks? He said no, So I asked him again at that point, what were there any talks? He said no, And then I did ask him, well, would you and your representative be open to negotiating mid season?
Speaker 5: And he did say yeah, he said he was all for it. So I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's a strange scenario that is still unresolved. We don't know as he's staying, is he going, is he traded? Is he going to pitch through the season. He had a qualifying offer and leave. Maybe they make a last ditch Hail Mary on you know in November, and he returned. You know, he really wants to be here, so he likes what he hears these days. When he gets to the point where a player can hear from thirty clubs, that's when your club is in trouble. If you haven't done it by then, you know, now you're giving twenty nine other teams a shot at this guy.
Speaker 4: That's that's challenging, And especially if you consider Steve, if he pitches an they're close to the level he's pitching right now.
Speaker 5: The rest of the way. Man, he could ask.
Speaker 4: For the moon at that point, and who would blame him, especially being a left handed starter.
Speaker 1: Exactly a lot to play out here, trade deadline, tick tick tick Here to August third. We're closing in on that as the Orioles lose to Atlanta on Sunday and eleven innings now head to Detroit. We got more coming up on Birdland Territory.
Speaker 8: This episode is brought to you by FanDuel. Baseball Fans think you know who's hitting a homer today? Well, FanDuel is giving you a free chance to call your shot with Daily Dingers. Joining the action is easy. Just make your free pick on who's hitting a home run in their game, and if you're right, you'll get a profit boost to use on your next bet for a chance at extra winnings. You've got nothing to lose and a lot to gain, and don't forget you can make a free pick every day all season long. It's just another reason why FanDuel is the home for home runs. So are you ready to play your game today? Join all the action at FanDuel dot com slash podcast. That's FanDuel dot com slash podcast to play Daily Dingers and make your free pick on who's hitting a homer. Playball and swing for the fences on FanDuel, an official partner of Major League Baseball twenty one plus select states for Kansas in affiliation with Kansas Star Casino eighteen plus DC, Kentucky, Wyoming. No purchase necessary, opt in required. Bonus issued is non withdrawable profit boost tokens. Restrictions apply, including any token expiration and max wager romout. See terms at sportsbook dot FanDuel dot com. Gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler Call one eight hundred my reset one eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven. Visit CCPG dot org, slash chat Connecticut, visit MD gamblinghelp dot org. Maryland visit gambling Helpline MA dot org. Call eight hundred three two seven five zero five zero Massachusetts call one eight seven seven eight Hope and why text hope and why. New York Call one eight seven seven seven seven zero seven eight six seven Louisiana.
Speaker 1: As we take this show, I just noticed via Twitter that some of the reporters are noting Oriel pitching prospects. Luis de Leone and Juwan Watts Brown are being promoted from double A to triple A. And infielder of Viheva Eloy is going from Frederick to double A Chesapeake. So that's interesting. Daily One to Triple A, Jiwan Rotts Brown to triple A. The Oels are getting some of the arms a step closer. And I went to Booie about a month ago and did a long piece on Luis de Leone, who's RA at that time was six, and I watched him pitch that night, and I talked to some people with the team and I concluded he was about to get it going and he has gotten a Cohen that night in front of me. He did because his line was a lot better than what the box score said. That night, the defense hurt him and Juwan wats Brown, a right hander with a lot of talent they traded last year, got him in a deadline deal. Fans are going to look at his overall stats and not be impressed, but his last six or seven at double A have been lights out. So the Oils are taking a hot pitch. You're in promoting them. These are two of their better arms, and so that's interesting. They're getting guys one step closer here. Who knows who they're gonna call well, and as the season gets to the dwindling days.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 2: I think it's always interesting when you see that jump from double A to triple A, kind of see where they're at and if they can continue the success from double A to triple A, you know they're knocking on the doorstep of the big league. So it's definitely exciting times down on the farms for guys. When you're getting promoted, it's always exciting, but when you know you're one level away from the big leagues.
Speaker 3: That's when it.
Speaker 2: Really really starts to get interesting and fun, because you know, anything could happen at any point when you're in Triple A and Steve.
Speaker 4: You know, even going back to when this farm system was at its peak three four years ago, a number one farm system for multiple years, I feel like it didn't have this type of pitching depth that it currently has right now.
Speaker 1: It's come fast to him in the last year or two. You could see last year at Double A, the big three of Trey g Gibson, Nestor Herman, and Levi Wells, they've all been now been Triple A. One of those guys, Wells is hurt. Hermon's pitching well by the way, and Gibson's back pitching for Triple A. So they're loading up some arms at Triple A. And if you look at their top fifteen prospects Baseball America tenor pitchers, so clearly the shift has happened. The hitters made it to the big leagues, Adlee, Gunner, cals Er, Westburgh. The pitchers are a step or two behind them. But I like some of these guys, as you guys know, I really like Trey Gibson, but I like Leuis dellyng too, and I've been wondering which international pitcher they signed is going to break through first, and this might be the guy A lot of people have labeled him as the guy to do that. Lefty with the mid to high nineties slider is really really good, I mean really good, and he's really driven to pitch well. And he had an instance this year at Double A where he gave up a ton of runs and the pitching coach told he challenged them to eliminate all that overnight, so you throw your bullpen and you show us that what is more like you? And he did and they liked the response. So I'll be curious to see what these guys do at Triple A. I want to touch on an attendance note, and we will do that in a moment here On Birdland Territory.
Speaker 6: Big Bad Morning Show, Finny and Hany Inside Access Live on YouTube weekdays six till six, Search Baltimore one O five seven the Fan. Subscribe for daily shorts right to your phone and never missed what you missed one five seven the Fan.
Speaker 1: So, guys, this series against Atlanta disappointing end for the Ools on the field, but in the stands. It was arousing success. Ninety eight thousand and six, ninety a weekend series. They gave away these shirts the whole weekend. The kids got them today and the adults got the Hawaiian shirts Friday and Saturday. And the orals will tell you that is their most popular promotion. The fans love these Hawaiian shirts, so why not have two night giveaways? And for me, attendance in Baltimore safer occasional. You know, Outliers really comes down to weekend and giveaways, and if you put them two together, you really got something and you get people in the stands. Because Tim, I have fans say, why are people watching the Orioles there? They're losing record, why are they going? It's not about attendance doesn't happen immediate anymore. You know you're winning team, so bam, all of a sudden, in two weeks, everybody shows up. It's just different. I just feel the game is different and and weekends and promotions get people in the stands almost no matter of the record.
Speaker 2: I remember when I was playing, the Hawaiian shirt was a huge giveaway and it was always packed house. And you know, anybody you talked to that was getting close to that that time. They were like, oh yeah, it's why sure giveaway. We're definitely gonna be there that weekend. So it's funny that they're not funny, but it's just kind of cool that they're still selling huge amounts of tickets when they give away the Hawaiian shirt, because even ten years ago at this point, I remember that being a big giveaway and my family was in town one of those giveaways and the stadium was slammed. And it's always fun playing in front of those crowds no matter what gets them in the stands, it's always fun with Kim the yards packed. So that's cool to see this weekend, and unfortunately they just didn't get it done. But it's still great to have that many people in the stands anytime you can get them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Hawaiian shirt and the floppy hat.
Speaker 4: Those are the two stables that I feel like have been around for quite some time at this point. But look, it's one of the best ballparks in all of baseball. It just underwent significant renovations that have only made it even better, and it's going to undergo even more renovations this offseason.
Speaker 5: But you can go back, even that series against the Royals.
Speaker 4: Steve where heading into the All Star break, I was a packed weekend. Look next weekend when the Phillies come to town, it's going to be a packed house again. Chris Davis getting inducted into the Orioles Hall of Fame Saturday. You know it's it's gonna be another strong attended series.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And the Orils now do a military promotion every home game. Eighty one out of eighty one, they'll salute a member of the military or some connects you with that, which is a great thing. It's very It's become very popular moment in the game when the fans salute that person who gets his moment in the spotlight. It's really cool.
Speaker 4: I know I brought it up. I think it was the Royal series. Coincidentally enough that that one hundred.
Speaker 5: One year old.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's saying that.
Speaker 5: I was singing the national anthem. It's like, oh my god, this is awesome. Like, geez, that's off to that's off to him.
Speaker 2: All the Oriols have always done that too. Like even when I was playing, it was like kind of underneath the tunnel wasn't really talked about a lot but Sunday games, they had different military organizations that would come down and I love being a part of that, just getting to meet the families. And I mean it was a wide variety of military organizations, but all former military either still serving or just got done serving, you know. Unfortunately, some families who lost members in the military service. The Royals have always done such a great job with honoring those, you know, people and their families, and it's great to see that they're now doing every single game, because that should be something that should be done every game. It doesn't take a lot, and it means a lot of those families and the servicemen and women that have given sometimes everything to let us play a game and let us cover the game and all that stuff. So it's really cool seeing the Oils be able to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it means a lot to the people at the game. You see, they are happy to let that person know how appreciated they are and what they did for the United States. So it's really cool. It's just a feel good moment. It's a nice thing to do that a ball club can do. And the Oriols and Ravens really both do a lot of great community stuff so we tip our hat to both of them for that and we'll see how it gets on the field. Those fans is they need a good week man going to Detroit. Got to lick their wounds after this loss on Sunday against Atlanta and get back in the win calm and no matter what happens, we'll be here to detail it for you on our program. So keep subscribing. As we get closer to nine hundred, we're going to get our goal one thousand. You're hopefully soon subscribers to our YouTube channel, follow us of the podcast networks, Apple, Spotify, and more. Follow me on substack and be in tuned with us for the next edition of Birdland Territory